PDA

View Full Version : Willie Collum Is A Cheat

Irish_Hibee
31-10-2020, 06:30 PM
Yet again, just shows he’s not up to it. Either a cheat or just not good enough

HH81
31-10-2020, 06:32 PM
He give both sides a pen wr missed ours.

Which wasn't even a pen.

Northernhibee
31-10-2020, 06:35 PM

Which wasn't even a pen.

We had four decent penalty calls (admittedly three at once) and they had none.

**** that.

Irish_Steve
31-10-2020, 06:36 PM
He's just not good enough

Neither were pens and he was completely in the wrong position for the Doidge claim right at the end of normal time

GreenNWhiteArmy
He was pish. Never let the game flow

Not everyone has it in for us. He's just incompetent

NORTHERNHIBBY
Nah. Players who dive are and that includes one of ours.

The Pointer
31-10-2020, 06:37 PM
Doidge and White are the cheats, Collum got it wrong twice.

Hiber-nation
Yep disgraceful refereeing performance but we should still be beating that lot by at least 3 goals, they're awful. Yet another derby embarrassment.

hibIBZ
Apart from our borderline offside goal and penalty that was never a pen... Yeah he's a cheat.

AFKA5814_Hibs
Nah. The difference was 2 penalties and Gordon making some good saves. Not sure why Nisbet went so high when his penalties have all been hard and low.

Callum_62
31-10-2020, 06:38 PM
He didn't cheat but he infuraiateky gave them so. Many freekicks for the slightest touch

Newell dived and u could tell right away from his body language

Mcginn never even made a tackle

He was shocking all night

I text my mate 20 mins in asking if this was now a non contact sport

We let the game drift away from us

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

number9dream
31-10-2020, 06:39 PM
No way can you pin the blame on the officials for that... Our failings were entirely of our own making.
We got sucked into a scrappy match, albeit in terrible conditions, with a foul given away every 30 seconds or so.
Our forwards were brutal today, absolutely brutal.

allmodcons
31-10-2020, 06:40 PM
Terrible referee. He thought about giving us a pen in normal but didn't have the balls to call it.

He then gives us a very soft penalty and, being so bad, decides that two wrongs make a right and gives them unbelievably soft penalty.

Just a terrible official.

Inconsequential
31-10-2020, 06:41 PM

Which wasn't even a pen. Yip the ref gave Hibs a chance to win the tie which wasn't taken. ****** it up big style. Nobody to blame but Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2020, 06:42 PM
Did collum miss sitters, or make the wrong final ball?

Northernhibee
31-10-2020, 06:42 PM
If anything, he was in a poor position for the call. Bobby Madden was in prime position and chose to ignore the fouls on our players.

There’s no excuse for it.

Speedy
31-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Poor refereeing. Not sure there were any penalties in the game but with so many claims it was like he felt he needed to give some.

HH81
31-10-2020, 06:43 PM
We had four decent penalty calls (admittedly three at once) and they had none.

**** that.

He wasn't great for either side to be fair.

Hibs players missing chances are most to blame for the loss today.

granty6_2
31-10-2020, 06:45 PM
This post is seriously lacking class.

He didn’t cheat, we lost, our fault - accept it and don’t look for excuses!

.Sean.
31-10-2020, 06:45 PM
Blaming the ref, calm doon Lenny

We beat ourselves. ****ing rotten

Peevemor
31-10-2020, 06:46 PM
Collum was the difference. He let their players off with persistant fouling even though they were already booked. He gave them free kicks for nothing all over the park as they were running down the clock. And denying our penalty in injury time is unforgivable - he should be made to answer for that one.

We should have done better, but Collum & Hearts' gamesmanship beat us tonight (together with Craig Gordon).

AFKA5814_Hibs
31-10-2020, 06:48 PM
Terrible referee. He thought about giving us a pen in normal but didn't have the balls to call it.

He then gives us a very soft penalty and, being so bad, decides that two wrongs make a right and gives them unbelievably soft penalty.

Just a terrible official.

Was it a penalty? Not seen the Doidge pull back again. Boyle tugged the Hearts player before being taken down so that was not a penalty.

Irish_Hibee
31-10-2020, 06:48 PM
This post is seriously lacking class.

He didn’t cheat, we lost, our fault - accept it and don’t look for excuses!

Shut up you clown.

Lendo
31-10-2020, 06:51 PM
What absolute nonsense. Only people to blame for today are the Hibs players for their lack of quality in the final third.

Hiber-nation
31-10-2020, 06:52 PM
Collum was the difference. He let their players off with persistant fouling even though they were already booked. He gave them free kicks for nothing all over the park as they were running down the clock. And denying our penalty in injury time is unforgivable - he should be made to answer for that one.

We should have done better, but Collum & Hearts' gamesmanship beat us tonight (together with Craig Gordon).

Nah not at all. We have miles more quality and pace than hearts but the players let us down.

easty
31-10-2020, 06:53 PM
He was terrible tonight but it wasn’t cheating. He’s just a ****ing clown.

Irish_Hibee
31-10-2020, 06:55 PM
What absolute nonsense. Only people to blame for today are the Hibs players for their lack of quality in the final third.

When Hibs showed their quality they were fouled but a penalty wasn’t given on Doidge. When Hibs showed quality defending Hearts were given a penalty. What’s your next stupid point?

Vault Boy
31-10-2020, 06:56 PM
He's not a cheat, but he's very bad at his job.

A Hi-Bee
31-10-2020, 07:03 PM
He was terrible tonight but it wasn’t cheating. He’s just a ****ing clown.

But, but, but all the good people on the bbc and the rest o the medja say he got it all right, even the ex-ref said the same so it must be right, nobody can be so bad in their job for more than 10 years and still stay in work. Can they?

highland hibbee
31-10-2020, 07:06 PM

and our top striker bottled a penalty, whilst their top striker scored theirs.
Can’t be arsed with W Collum but it was in our own hands, score the pen and we were totally in control

granty6_2
31-10-2020, 07:19 PM
Shut up you clown.

Wind your neck in ya 🔔 🔚, and learn a lesson!

We were rubbish, nobody else’s fault but our own!

Irish_Hibee
31-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Wind your neck in ya 🔔 🔚, and learn a lesson!

We were rubbish, nobody else’s fault but our own!

Didn’t blame the ref once. Doesn’t change his incompetence. Bit thick aren’t you

heretoday
31-10-2020, 07:23 PM

Which wasn't even a pen.

I agree. If we'd had VAR I think you'd find none of the shouts were penalties. Suck it up Hibees. The world and the BBC aren't conspiring against us.

Our players weren't good enough on the night.

Irish_Hibee
31-10-2020, 07:24 PM
I agree. If we'd had VAR I think you'd find none of the shouts were penalties. Suck it up Hibees. The world and the BBC aren't conspiring against us.

Our players weren't good enough on the night.

Pen in the 90th min. Foul on Doidge

Peevemor
31-10-2020, 07:25 PM
Pen in the 90th min. Foul on DoidgeDefinitely.

TheHarpy76
31-10-2020, 07:28 PM
Two soft penalties. We missed ours and they scored theirs.

We can’t moan about that.

granty6_2
31-10-2020, 07:29 PM
Didn’t blame the ref once. Doesn’t change his incompetence. Bit thick aren’t you

What?!?!? Didn’t blame the ref, yet the thread title is claiming the ref is a cheat!! 😏🙈

Go to bed son!

tamig
31-10-2020, 07:31 PM

What a rubbish view.

Irish_Hibee
31-10-2020, 07:35 PM
What?!?!? Didn’t blame the ref, yet the thread title is claiming the ref is a cheat!! 😏🙈

Go to bed son!

We could have won the game 3-1 and if he made the same decisions the title is still relevant. If he doesn’t give the decision on 90mins and gives their pen he’s either a cheat or incompetent. Your thick brain can’t see that though

Irish_Hibee
31-10-2020, 07:36 PM
What a rubbish view.

Thanks for your rubbish view. Clown

tamig
31-10-2020, 07:38 PM
Thanks for your rubbish view. Clown

Ooooo. Look at you. We didn’t lose because of Collum. Get a grip ffs.

Irish_Hibee
31-10-2020, 07:40 PM
Ooooo. Look at you. We didn’t lose because of Collum. Get a grip ffs.

Where did I say we did. Doesn’t mean he’s not had an absolute howler yet again on the big occasion. Take up reading during the lockdown

tamig
31-10-2020, 07:45 PM
Where did I say we did. Doesn’t mean he’s not had an absolute howler yet again on the big occasion. Take up reading during the lockdown

I think you’re treading a fine line with some of the personal insults. Show a bit of respect on the board or take what will come your way.

JimBHibees
31-10-2020, 07:46 PM
He missed a stick on pen in injury time so no idea how he isn't to blame. He gave them so many soft fouls it was unreal. We need to fall over and scream. Embarrassing he gave them everyone.

Irish_Hibee
31-10-2020, 07:47 PM
I think you’re treading a fine line with some of the personal insults. Show a bit of respect on the board or take what will come your way.

Sorry. Didn’t realise you actually couldn’t read. Must be tough going

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2020, 07:49 PM
Jack Ross and the Hibs players are to blame for the defeat 100%, not the ref.

Having said that, Collum is a very poor ref. He gave 2 pens which weren't pens, got conned by Boyce and Naismith constantly throwing themselves to the deck at the merest touch and his decision not to give a foul on Mackie at the end, was so ridiculous it made him look like a cheat.

weecounty hibby
31-10-2020, 07:55 PM
None of the pens he gave were pens. But the one in the 89th when Doidge was pulled back was and he and Madden chose to ignore it. Thought he was awful, but that is his default setting as a ref. We could and should have won that game and again allowed a poor hearts team to win.

hibsfan
31-10-2020, 08:33 PM
The officials cost us that one tonight. Blatant penalties - I would argue 3 in stoppage time seen and ignored.

Zazu62
31-10-2020, 08:42 PM
Did collum miss sitters, or make the wrong final ball?

Or miss a penalty

Magpie
31-10-2020, 08:45 PM
None of the pens he gave were pens. But the one in the 89th when Doidge was pulled back was and he and Madden chose to ignore it. Thought he was awful, but that is his default setting as a ref. We could and should have won that game and again allowed a poor hearts team to win.

The two penalties in extra time were a consequence of him not awarding the one in the last minutes of normal time. Shocking decision at the time.

green day
31-10-2020, 08:45 PM

This bit is 100% correct.

But as for this thread? Collum is not a cheat - the pens he gave were nonsensical for both sides.

Irish_Hibee
31-10-2020, 08:59 PM
This bit is 100% correct.

But as for this thread? Collum is not a cheat - the pens he gave were nonsensical for both sides.

Conveniently forgetting the stonewaller in the last minute

TheHarpy76
31-10-2020, 09:04 PM

You’re thread title literally calls the ref a cheat 😂😂

Cheers for that. You’ve brought a smile to my face in a bleak night.

IberianHibernian
31-10-2020, 09:19 PM
Ref made several doubtful decisions and most of them didn`t go our way but is no cheat . A lot of the players on both sides continually tried to deceive ref - I thought probably less than 50% of fouls given really were fouls but that`s the case in most matches nowadays ( remember when it was only foreigners who were supposed to dive etc ? ) . Not sure what the solution is as yellow cards for diving doesn`t seem to have had any effect .

Irish_Hibee
31-10-2020, 09:31 PM
You’re thread title literally calls the ref a cheat 😂😂

Cheers for that. You’ve brought a smile to my face in a bleak night.

Did the thread literally say he’s a cheat and that’s why we lost? No. But you’re too slow to realise that. We could have won and still had the same thread

Deejk107
31-10-2020, 09:37 PM
All I can say is, doidge should've had a pen at the end, it's a stonewaller.

That didn't cost us though. The two blatant fouls in the lead up to the first goal cost us more than anything. Don't think collum is a cheat but there's definitely bias there considering Naismith went down at least 10 times with the slightest gust of wind but we have two players wrestled to the ground within 5 seconds of each other and he sees nothing in it. Pathetic display both from Hibs and from Collum.

Another point I thought he proved his bias was when we tried to take a quick free kick and he pulled it back asap despite hearts being ready for it whereas when naismith goes to take one he let's it go despite nobody being ready for it. The man is a hun and consistently proves it.

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2020, 09:51 PM
You can blame Bobby Madden for not seeing the one at the end of the match. It could have infact been 2 fouls the blind ****.

Boyle89
31-10-2020, 10:46 PM
I was telling anyone and everyone that collum was a cheat when he didn't give the pen for doidge in stoppage time. After watching him then give 2 pens in et which were both dives (lets be honest) i can now say he is with out a doubt not a cheat. Hes is just dreadful at his job. He actually gets paid to make these decisions. My god what sort of criteria do they look at when people apply to be refs?! This man is clearly not good enough to be a ref at any level. He, and the other officials, had 3 clear cut penalty decisions to make and they got them all wrong!

Callum_62
31-10-2020, 10:48 PM
https://streamable.com/sy100w

Neither are fouls, apparently

15 seconds later its 1-0

matty_f
31-10-2020, 10:50 PM
Probably the worst decision was ignoring the foul on Nisbet for their first goal. Was a ridiculous decision.

Booked4Being-Ugly
31-10-2020, 10:51 PM

15 seconds later its 1-0

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk Only Collum knows why those weren’t free kick to us!!

***** ref, always has been. Let them away with persistent fouling and penalised the team trying to play football.

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2020, 10:52 PM

15 seconds later its 1-0

Agreed. The 2nd one in particular is as obvious a foul as you will see.

Callum_62
31-10-2020, 10:53 PM
Probably the worst decision was ignoring the foul on Nisbet for their first goal. Was a ridiculous decision.Nisbet was past haring and actually on the counter

Wind must've swung 180 degrees... Only reason I can think of that Kevin got blown back [emoji848]

calumhibee1
01-11-2020, 07:28 AM
He was awful yesterday but I would add he was poor for both sides. Just a ***** ref, not a cheat.

JimBHibees
01-11-2020, 07:31 AM
Was there's any reason the injury time penalty wasn't given? Seemed a stick on to me but Stewart in BBC seemed to be saying Collum had called it right. Not in a million years imo.

JimBHibees
01-11-2020, 07:34 AM
He was awful yesterday but I would add he was poor for both sides. Just a ***** ref, not a cheat.

How many awaful games in general does he get until there are any consequences. Personally think he was petrified of giving Hibs a last min pen and was looking for reasons not to give it. Noticeable Neilson softer game said he thought both extra time pens weren't penalties but didn't see Hibs disallowed one,

Greenbeard
01-11-2020, 07:53 AM
Nah. Players who dive are and that includes one of ours.
This 100%

Since452
01-11-2020, 07:56 AM
We never seem to blame the ref when we win

Scottie
01-11-2020, 07:57 AM
How many awaful games in general does he get until there are any consequences. Personally think he was petrified of giving Hibs a last min pen and was looking for reasons not to give it. Noticeable Neilson softer game said he thought both extra time pens weren't penalties but didn't see Hibs disallowed one,
What makes it worse was Bobby Madden behind the goal was a yard away from both fouls and seen nothing. Unbelievable officiating. :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
01-11-2020, 07:58 AM
What makes it worse was Bobby Madden behind the goal was a yard away from both fouls and seen nothing. Unbelievable officiating. :rolleyes:

Basically cheating.

Peevemor
01-11-2020, 07:59 AM
We never seem to blame the ref when we win

There's been a couple of times this season when it's been largely accepted on here that we got lucky decisions from referees.

Scottie
01-11-2020, 08:00 AM
Basically cheating.
:agree: We had the chances to win that game without that penalty incident but as per usual we shat it. Only ourselves to blame.

Greenbeard
01-11-2020, 08:01 AM
and our top striker bottled a penalty, whilst their top striker scored theirs.
Can’t be arsed with W Collum but it was in our own hands, score the pen and we were totally in control
Can't be arsed with anyone saying Nisbet "bottled" the penalty. He missed it yes and a miss is a miss no matter whether it hits the woodwork or not, but FFS take a look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you're proud of yourself with comments like that.
Imagine you as JR doing the team review. "Aye and you Nesbit, or whatever your name is, you bottled it with that penalty son. Totally bottled it FFS."

500miles
01-11-2020, 08:13 AM
Newell didn't dive, there was knee to knee contact. Did he have to go down? No. Was his ability to get to the ball obstructed? Yes. He is fouled, and unless he goes down, its not recognised by the ref. Perfectly entitled to take the pen.

There was no such coming together that brought White down. It was a dive.

Our goal was marginally offside, thiers was a 2 clear fouls in the build up.

We didn't get the luck tonight. Even Nisbet's pen, the difference between a perfect penalty and hitting the woodwork is so slight. Sometimes its better just to rely on power, but if the keeper goes the right way, then you look like a mug again. In sodden conditions like last night, the more experienced forward was probably correct to rely on the safer option, because a keeper will struggle to get good contact even if he guesses right.

In a world of perfect referees, we probably win. We don't live in that world though, and sometimes in tight games, you come out on the wrong side.

Since Hearts admin, it's been nip and tuck between us because we're operating on a more level playing field. We'll come again.

Itsnoteasy
01-11-2020, 08:17 AM

He's not a cheat & Hibs just not good enough.

Greenbeard
01-11-2020, 08:31 AM
Newell didn't dive, there was knee to knee contact. Did he have to go down? No. Was his ability to get to the ball obstructed? Yes. He is fouled, and unless he goes down, its not recognised by the ref. Perfectly entitled to take the pen.

There was no such coming together that brought White down. It was a dive.

Our goal was marginally offside, thiers was a 2 clear fouls in the build up.

We didn't get the luck tonight. Even Nisbet's pen, the difference between a perfect penalty and hitting the woodwork is so slight. Sometimes its better just to rely on power, but if the keeper goes the right way, then you look like a mug again. In sodden conditions like last night, the more experienced forward was probably correct to rely on the safer option, because a keeper will struggle to get good contact even if he guesses right.

In a world of perfect referees, we probably win. We don't live in that world though, and sometimes in tight games, you come out on the wrong side.

Since Hearts admin, it's been nip and tuck between us because we're operating on a more level playing field. We'll come again.
Get real man. Of course Newell dived. At best Popescu's knee brushed Newell gently but JN was already going down whether there was contact or not. He was not impeded in any way (and actually wasn't going to retain possession after dinking it on). He conned the ref. It's a sad state of the game now whereby players are obliged to cheat cos everyone else is doing it and you have to do it yourself to try get a level playing field. The ethos of Lance LieStrong lives on in football and it is really starting to piss me off.

The Captain....
01-11-2020, 08:36 AM
Collum is a cheat in that he is such a poor referee that he cheats fans of a decent spectacle and fair result with his inability to call the big decisions correctly. Ive never for one minute thought he was biased for one club or another, just completely inept.

I think he'll give up after this season, he seems to be getting progressively worse and as the media spotlight keeps increasing the pressure on him he'll decide he's had enough.

500miles
01-11-2020, 08:51 AM
Get real man. Of course Newell dived. At best Popescu's knee brushed Newell gently but JN was already going down whether there was contact or not. He was not impeded in any way (and actually wasn't going to retain possession after dinking it on). He conned the ref. It's a sad state of the game now whereby players are obliged to cheat cos everyone else is doing it and you have to do it yourself to try get a level playing field. The ethos of Lance LieStrong lives on in football and it is really starting to piss me off.

Going for tackles you can't win and pretending you didn't make contact is cheating. That's what Hackett did, even if he tried to pull out too late.

I tell you what, you run full speed on wet pitch, and I'll come in with a tackle. I want you to keep running, legs rigid like Newell would have to do, and we'll see what nick you come away in.

Players shouldn't have to injure themselves to get a foul.

Hearts related note, Mikolounas got hounded for diving against Scotland after Fletcher, I think, dived in. He jumped the challenge, but went down anyway. It was correctly given as a penalty. Mikolounas was impeded in the box by an unsuccessful tackle. Its a foul. But this attitude we have about running through brick walls isn't good for players, or the game. It just put the ball in the court of cloggers, and that's bad for the game.

BoomtownHibees
01-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Received this earlier this morning (from a Celtc fan so taking it with a pinch of salt) however can anyone clear up the additional sub rule?

We made 2 changes in normal time and then one in ET. They made 3 in normal time and 2 in ET.

Ignore the part about 3 subs as I’m sure that was changed to 5 but makes interesting reading. Not sure it would have changed much tbf:

“Apparently Hibs were told they couldn't make any more subs but this was wrong. Trouble coming for the SFA.

They made two during 90 and one in extra time. The rules are

The semi-finals are due to take place on Saturday 10 and Sunday, 11 April before the final on May 8. Only three substitutes will be permitted during the 90 minutes throughout all ties, with an additional change allowed in extra time.

So dunno if that means they could make 2 in extra time for a total of 4 but I think that is their argument”

Kato
01-11-2020, 11:08 AM

15 seconds later its 1-0

Whereas any Jambo doing a decent James Brown impersonation by dropping to his knees got a free kick.

matty_f
01-11-2020, 11:14 AM
We’ve won one derby in ten that he’s refereed.

The non-awarding of a penalty at the end of normal time was baffling, but not as much as his failure to spot Nisbet being fouled before their first.

Kato
01-11-2020, 11:17 AM
his failure to spot Nisbet being fouled before their first.

...and all the pundits. Did any of them mention this?

highland hibbee
01-11-2020, 11:18 AM
Can't be arsed with anyone saying Nisbet "bottled" the penalty. He missed it yes and a miss is a miss no matter whether it hits the woodwork or not, but FFS take a look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you're proud of yourself with comments like that.
Imagine you as JR doing the team review. "Aye and you Nesbit, or whatever your name is, you bottled it with that penalty son. Totally bottled it FFS."

That’s your opinion Ive got mine.

Peevemor
01-11-2020, 11:28 AM
...and all the pundits. Did any of them mention this?Tam McManus saw it straight away on Hibs TV.

Callum_62
01-11-2020, 11:28 AM
Anyone know what the discussions were between Ross neilson and all the officials on the sidelines I think at HT? Or maybe start of ET?

matty_f
01-11-2020, 11:38 AM
...and all the pundits. Did any of them mention this?

Don’t think so. It’s as clear a foul as you’re likely to see though.

dchibs
01-11-2020, 11:59 AM
Was there's any reason the injury time penalty wasn't given? Seemed a stick on to me but Stewart in BBC seemed to be saying Collum had called it right. Not in a million years imo.

i'm sure Stewart said Doigdes goal was offside as well but i've watched it back and Doige takes a step back before the free kick is taken then moves forward and if you watch from the side Doidge is onside.

coldingham hibs
01-11-2020, 12:07 PM
Received this earlier this morning (from a Celtc fan so taking it with a pinch of salt) however can anyone clear up the additional sub rule?

We made 2 changes in normal time and then one in ET. They made 3 in normal time and 2 in ET.

Ignore the part about 3 subs as I’m sure that was changed to 5 but makes interesting reading. Not sure it would have changed much tbf:

“Apparently Hibs were told they couldn't make any more subs but this was wrong. Trouble coming for the SFA.

The semi-finals are due to take place on Saturday 10 and Sunday, 11 April before the final on May 8. Only three substitutes will be permitted during the 90 minutes throughout all ties, with an additional change allowed in extra time.

So dunno if that means they could make 2 in extra time for a total of 4 but I think that is their argument”

I’ve tried to find some info on the substitution rules but nothing seems to give clear information. The English FA cup states 5 substitutes in normal time & 1 extra in extra time. I assume the SFA used the same rule so the question is why did Hearts make 2 substitutions in extra time?.

hibee62
01-11-2020, 12:22 PM
The rule in the league is you can make 5 subs at 3 stages not including half time. If it’s the same rule for the cup and we made 3 single subs then we can’t make any more. Confusion comes in with the extra sub in extra time you would normally get with traditional rules.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-11-2020, 01:37 PM
I want to know why Naismith has escaped scrutiny for deliberately standing on Nisbet’s chest?

JimBHibees
01-11-2020, 02:07 PM
I want to know why Naismith has escaped scrutiny for deliberately standing on Nisbet’s chest?

Because he was refereeing the game at the time? :greengrin

hibee62
01-11-2020, 02:30 PM

I haven’t heard anything about this, any footage?

Wouldn’t surprise me, the officials got every single decision that had an impact wrong.

Greenbeard
01-11-2020, 05:55 PM
Going for tackles you can't win and pretending you didn't make contact is cheating. That's what Hackett did, even if he tried to pull out too late.

I tell you what, you run full speed on wet pitch, and I'll come in with a tackle. I want you to keep running, legs rigid like Newell would have to do, and we'll see what nick you come away in.

Players shouldn't have to injure themselves to get a foul.

Hearts related note, Mikolounas got hounded for diving against Scotland after Fletcher, I think, dived in. He jumped the challenge, but went down anyway. It was correctly given as a penalty. Mikolounas was impeded in the box by an unsuccessful tackle. Its a foul. But this attitude we have about running through brick walls isn't good for players, or the game. It just put the ball in the court of cloggers, and that's bad for the game.
I agree, which was what Newell did a few weeks back doing his ridiculous Tom Daley swallow dive to try and get a penalty and landing on his shoulder.
Also, even at 60, if I run at full speed I'll be going three times faster as Newell was yesterday. He wasn't going at any sort of speed when the hairs on his knee were tickled.

Scottie
03-11-2020, 10:29 AM
Has this idiot been called out by anyone yet for his sheer incompetence on Saturday nights performance. ******g clown.

where'stheslope
03-11-2020, 10:40 AM
Has this idiot been called out by anyone yet for his sheer incompetence on Saturday nights performance. ******g clown.
I think you don't need to just look at Collum as there was another 5 match officials around the park, were they all blinkered???

danhibees1875
03-11-2020, 10:45 AM
I haven’t heard anything about this, any footage?

Wouldn’t surprise me, the officials got every single decision that had an impact wrong.

It was after we'd just won a goal kick/free kick in our own box, Nisbet (I think it was him) reacted pretty positively to it though which suggested to me there was very little in the way of force and maybe looked worse than it was. That aside, it looked fairly deliberate and Naismith had plenty time to avoid doing it.

matty_f
03-11-2020, 11:48 AM
It was after we'd just won a goal kick/free kick in our own box, Nisbet (I think it was him) reacted pretty positively to it though which suggested to me there was very little in the way of force and maybe looked worse than it was. That aside, it looked fairly deliberate and Naismith had plenty time to avoid doing it.
Naismith actually had to move his leg to do it, rather than it just being naturally the way his leg came down.

A more cynical 'victim' of that would have made absolutely sure the ref saw it

Wee Mickey
03-11-2020, 08:12 PM

Premiership - up to five substitutes, Championship-up to three substitutes, League 1 - up to five substitutes, League 2 - up to five substitutes, all Play-Off Matches - up to three substitutes (one additional in any extra time), Betfred Cup Matches - up to five substitutes (one additional in any extra time), Challenge Cup Matches - up to five substitutes (one additional in any extra time).

Hibee Mac
03-11-2020, 08:39 PM
Hands down the worst part about Collum's performance was the constant fouls for the slightest of touches, it's absolutely infuriating to watch.

It also impacts the game in a big way, first half I thought we were the better team in open play, but the game was stopped every 5 touches which didn't help us.

JimBHibees
03-11-2020, 08:55 PM
Hands down the worst part about Collum's performance was the constant fouls for the slightest of touches, it's absolutely infuriating to watch.

It also impacts the game in a big way, first half I thought we were the better team in open play, but the game was stopped every 5 touches which didn't help us.

Totally agree appalling refereeing falling for every dive. Roberts Boyce and Naismith just needed to scream and fall over and got everyone, compare and contrast with the blatant foul on Doidge ignored, quite simply bent.

Coco Bryce
03-11-2020, 09:10 PM
Just watched the latest Open Goal webcast. Even they ripped Collum apart.

Hibee Mac
03-11-2020, 09:20 PM
Just watched the latest Open Goal webcast. Even they ripped Collum apart.They need to get someone other than that Kevin Kyle on in that other seat, he's a grim listen.