Vault Boy
31-10-2020, 02:53 PM
Big moment for him. Hope he's able to grab it with both hands. 🤞

Since452
31-10-2020, 02:58 PM
Good player. Big chance for the lad

CMurdoch
31-10-2020, 03:07 PM
Think he will play for an hour before being replaced by Mallan, unless we are winning in which case he may stay on a little longer

1875Sean
31-10-2020, 07:09 PM
Said this on another thread I didn’t think he should have started and for me he isn’t up to full speed yet, Mallan played well against Killie and I think he would have offered more

neil7908
31-10-2020, 07:11 PM
He might well become a player for us but he's either not fit or not being played in the right position as he's been poor in the games I've seen.

Bright_Hibee
31-10-2020, 07:12 PM
I was going to start a thread on him. He's not impressed since he's joined, seems a waste of money. He needs to improve quickly

theonlywayisup
He'll come back stronger!

Hiber-nation
Nowhere near ready to start and that's the one big criticism of Ross tonight.

DTS
31-10-2020, 07:13 PM
No excuse not to score first half

B.H.F.C
31-10-2020, 07:14 PM
Should have scored.

But Jack Ross has let him down sticking him out there.

gaz1875
31-10-2020, 07:14 PM
Strange decision to start him when he hasn't merited it, and being subbed showed it was a poor choice. Thought he was partly to blame at their goal never tried to close the cross down.

loanheadhibby
31-10-2020, 07:15 PM
Anonymous. Waste of a jersey tonight. Has to do better with his chance. Poor effort.

Suburban Hibby
31-10-2020, 08:09 PM
Thought he was our worst performer, he had to score and offered very little. Today seemed too much too soon.

Glory Lurker
31-10-2020, 08:12 PM
Should have been off at HT. I'm sure he'll prove his worth but he wasn't at the races today.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-10-2020, 08:15 PM
I was going to start a thread on him. He's not impressed since he's joined, seems a waste of money. He needs to improve quickly

Right, well, that’s enough internet for me today I think.

J-C
31-10-2020, 08:16 PM
Hardly played since his injury, not match fit and miles behind the rest of the squad and it showed today, also playing wide left to help the team out didn't help.

wookie70
31-10-2020, 08:19 PM
Hardly played since his injury, not match fit and miles behind the rest of the squad and it showed today, also playing wide left to help the team out didn't help.

Bad mistake from Ross starting imo. Murphy is far better in that position and injury wise it was a toss of the coin as Murphy and Magennis are both returning. We really missed Stevenson tonight and looked nowhere near as secure at the back without him. Magennis had a big part to play in their first goal. He waved Doig to the middle and never got near Lee who crossed with zero pressure. Doig needed to ignore him and get closer to Lee to make it a harder cross.

CD69
31-10-2020, 08:21 PM
Why not start Murphy instead? Was strange one tonight. Believe he has talent but shouldn’t have started over Murphy

Nicho87
01-11-2020, 06:54 AM
Not seeing much yet. Should have been brought off at half time . Poor from Ross.

JimBHibees
01-11-2020, 07:52 AM
Unfortunately looked like neither of Kyle or Jamie currently able to play full game. Think Stevenson injury meant Ross preferred Magennis workrate to Mallan to protect Doig. In hindsight might have been better to start with Mallan but who knows.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2020, 08:02 AM
I actually thought he had an ok game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
01-11-2020, 08:20 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad miss though first half. With a bit of composure he should have tucked it away.

bigwheel
01-11-2020, 08:24 AM
Unfortunately looked like neither of Kyle or Jamie currently able to play full game. Think Stevenson injury meant Ross preferred Magennis workrate to Mallan to protect Doig. In hindsight might have been better to start with Mallan but who knows.

Yep, I think that is exactly the call Ross made.. he tucks away his chance, would have been a genius call..he doesn’t, and it looks questionable..that’s football ..

The Captain....
01-11-2020, 08:31 AM
Hadn't really noticed him while at St Mirren and still haven't now he is at Hibs (yet). St Mirren fans seemed to think he was decent and Ross must know his character and abilities. Not sure where he fits in to the team tbh, especially once Jamie Murphy is back and fit. Still not really sure if hes an offensive or defensive midfielder or a bit of both.

overdrive
01-11-2020, 08:34 AM
He hasn’t impressed me so far but he’s been out injured a long time so hopefully just needs some time to get back up to speed.

Heisenberg
01-11-2020, 08:35 AM
Hadn't really noticed him while at St Mirren and still haven't now he is at Hibs (yet). St Mirren fans seemed to think he was decent and Ross must know his character and abilities. Not sure where he fits in to the team tbh, especially once Jamie Murphy is back and fit. Still not really sure if hes an offensive or defensive midfielder or a bit of both.

He’s meant to be box to box but as you say I’ve no idea where he fits unless we permanently go 3-5-2 or drop a striker.

The Captain....
01-11-2020, 08:42 AM
He’s meant to be box to box but as you say I’ve no idea where he fits unless we permanently go 3-5-2 or drop a striker.

I've a theory (crackpot maybe:greengrin) that Ross doesn't really want to play two up front. He'd prefer a 4-2-3-1 formation or a variation of to have more control in midfield. I wonder if we thought we'd get an offer for Doidge in the last window.

J-C
01-11-2020, 09:19 AM
I've a theory (crackpot maybe:greengrin) that Ross doesn't really want to play two up front. He'd prefer a 4-2-3-1 formation or a variation of to have more control in midfield. I wonder if we thought we'd get an offer for Doidge in the last window.

The fact we have only 3 strikers at the club but play 2 up top is a strange one, Gullan doesn't play through the middle and the guys who've followed him in the Dev team say he's far better off the left, so we have absolutely no cover for the front 2, also no one really plays 2 up top anymore as you lack in the middle unless you go to a back 3, then we're short on CB's if there's any injuries or suspensions.

Our squad is set up perfectly to play 4231/433 but as yet I haven't seen it except near the end of games where he want to see a game out.

gaz1875
01-11-2020, 10:49 AM
The fact we have only 3 strikers at the club but play 2 up top is a strange one, Gullan doesn't play through the middle and the guys who've followed him in the Dev team say he's far better off the left, so we have absolutely no cover for the front 2, also no one really plays 2 up top anymore as you lack in the middle unless you go to a back 3, then we're short on CB's if there's any injuries or suspensions.

Our squad is set up perfectly to play 4231/433 but as yet I haven't seen it except near the end of games where he want to see a game out.

The 4231 is what we should have done when they made the double substitution. Nisbet should have dropped behind Doidge to fill the space between the front and midfield. Naismith done that for them and dragged our defence out leaving gaps. We don't play with an attacking central midfielder, and the amount of times the ball drops between our midfield and strikers most weeks. and no one there to challenge for it should been spotted. It also helps with the workload Gogic has to do. He can't be all over the pitch closing down on his own.

Real Emerald
01-11-2020, 11:08 AM
Hopefully he’ll do a Newell and come good once he’s up to speed. I’m not writing him off as the St Mirren fans rated him highly but he must improve.

jacomo
01-11-2020, 11:11 AM
Hopefully he’ll do a Newell and come good once he’s up to speed. I’m not writing him off as the St Mirren fans rated him highly but he must improve.

Writing him off would be madness of course. Yesterday, however, we needed a lot more from him - he should have been coming off that left wing and demanding the ball in more dangerous areas, not shuttling up and down the touchline to little effect. Why he didn’t do that I do not know.

Just_Jimmy
01-11-2020, 11:51 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalksame. got on the ball and actually used it better than most. he's been at the club for a few weeks and was injured when he arrived. I think there's a very good player there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

ekhibee
01-11-2020, 12:03 PM
Early days yet for him, what I've seen so far he's awright, no more than that, but I do think there's more to come from him, particularly if he's played in the right position (I'm not sure what that is mind you).

Stuart93
01-11-2020, 12:07 PM
I think he’s carrying a bit too much weight. Like he isn’t as mobile as he should be.

Franck Stanton
01-11-2020, 03:12 PM

My thoughts exactly. Appreciate he is back after long injury lay off but Ross should know better than take a chance in a semi-final final derby.

Since452
01-11-2020, 03:13 PM
I was very happy with the lineup before the game.

JimBHibees
01-11-2020, 03:52 PM
same. got on the ball and actually used it better than most. he's been at the club for a few weeks and was injured when he arrived. I think there's a very good player there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yes he is a very good player

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 03:54 PM
I was very happy with the lineup before the game.

Perhaps says a bit about our lack of options. Were you happy to see Magennis line up on the left of midfield?

lord bunberry
01-11-2020, 04:13 PM
He’s shown very little so far which hopefully is down to the fact that he’s been injured for so long. He needs to get up to speed quickly as we can’t afford any passengers this season.