PDA

View Full Version : Match Day Plans

Currie Hibee
31-10-2020, 06:11 AM
Unusual one today. What have folk got planned?

Early family walk for me, followed by ferrying the kids to various classes. Gazebo going up at lunch time and I’m creating a one day pop up sports bar in the back garden.

Plan is to watch the rugby then settle down for pre-match build up.

Magpie
31-10-2020, 06:30 AM
Sheff Utd v Man City, Wales v Scotland then Hibs beating a Championship team.

Bottles are in the fridge cold and ready.

Brightside
31-10-2020, 06:32 AM
I’ve been pretty chilled about this. “Just another game”. But I’ve woken up at 6 in full nervous panic mode.

Future17
31-10-2020, 06:35 AM
I'll give this thread 15 posts before it descends into chaos after someone admits they're going to go against the guidance. :greengrin

JohnMcM
31-10-2020, 06:42 AM
Been awake since 6-00am - again😡. First thing I thought about was the match🤔
Routine for the day:
Shower and think about the match
Brekkies and think about the match
Walkies and think about the match
Lunch and think about the match
Rugby whilst thinking about the match
Snack and think about the match
Small walkies and think about the match
Turn telly on to watch match build up
Kettle on make a pot of tea
Watch the match.:greengrin

Remainder of today and the following few days - to be decided😳

hibbycraig
31-10-2020, 06:45 AM
I'll give this thread 15 posts before it descends into chaos after someone admits they're going to go against the guidance. :greengrin

I won that competition for tickets on the SFA website so me and my mate are going to the game! Only 100 fans allowed in.

jingler1954
31-10-2020, 06:48 AM
I won that competition for tickets on the SFA website so me and my mate are going to the game! Only 100 fans allowed in.

Stop teasing.

Since452
31-10-2020, 06:54 AM
Will be sitting watching it on the TV while the wife moans about it. Fantastic

Future17
31-10-2020, 06:55 AM

I don't believe you...no way you've got a mate with patter like that. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
31-10-2020, 08:02 AM
Beer in the fridge, food and nibbles all bought to last through the match and the boxing, party time all three of us!

Moulin Yarns
31-10-2020, 08:52 AM
Keep busy.

Fill the log basket

set the stove

Clean the house

read a book

anything to keep my mind of the main event

light the stove

Pie and pint half an hour before kick off

find BBC Scotland SD (as it isn't on real telly)

run to the sofa and get sat down just as the ref blows the whistle

pause the telly at 6:15 and go and pick the other half up from work :rolleyes:

Eyrie
31-10-2020, 09:15 AM
Finish reading .net
Australia vs New Zealand
Lunch
Not sure
Wales vs Scotland
Not sure
The semi
Tea
France vs Ireland

Callyballybe
31-10-2020, 09:22 AM
Beers in the fridge, popping out to pick up 'nibbles'.

Scotland/Wales check

Hibs/them check

Boxing booked in for later? check.

Come in Hibs....💪

Lancs Harp
31-10-2020, 09:23 AM
Chill morning, afternoon in the gym, the big match with a glass of something nice!

Keith_M
31-10-2020, 09:26 AM

I'm travelling outside Glasgow shortly, to East Renfrewshire, to go shopping.

:wink:

(p.s. the new rules don't come into effect till Monday :na na:)

Jones28
31-10-2020, 09:48 AM
Off to Biggar for a long awaited haircut this morning, preceded by a wee browse of the excellent hardware shop on the high street, I need some longer bolts to hang the new tv on the wall for the day’s entertainment. Will definitely need some cans too.

Hang new tv after lunch when the wee one is having her nap.

Wales game this afternoon, then get dinner prepped for after the game with mrs Jones.

Watch the game, nerves definitely building.

Celebrate.

Aldo
31-10-2020, 09:50 AM
Working until 3 then a few bits and bobs to pick up before the game commences.

No beers etc as working early again tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
31-10-2020, 09:58 AM
Going into town, mingling with strangers, using communal toilets, sitting at a smaller table than I have at home with others, while someone else prepares and handles my food and drink - then home with a few tinnies to watch the game by myself.

tamig
31-10-2020, 10:01 AM

Early family walk for me, followed by ferrying the kids to various classes. Gazebo going up at lunch time and I’m creating a one day pop up sports bar in the back garden.

Hopefully the pop-up bar stays popped up and doesn’t pop off.

Peevemor
31-10-2020, 10:06 AM
I have to work all weekend to get some tender drawings finished for start of play Monday morning, so I've already been sitting at the computer since 9.30 this morning, will be doing so again all afternoon up until KO when I'll decide on what screen I'll be watching the match.

The_Exile
31-10-2020, 10:16 AM

A gazebo in 60 mph winds? Good luck with that mate, we need pics of the carnage when the inevitable happens though :greengrin

Future17
31-10-2020, 10:17 AM
I'm travelling outside Glasgow shortly, to East Renfrewshire, to go shopping.

:wink:

(p.s. the new rules don't come into effect till Monday :na na:)

Who said anything about rules? :wink:

Nakedmanoncrack
31-10-2020, 10:49 AM
Had planned to run the flag up the pole in garden in advance of the game, but don't think its a day for that - pre-match plans in tatters (better than flag in tatters).

DH1875
31-10-2020, 11:15 AM
Weather watching in Glasgow. Later on it'll be YouTube and Hibs videos and couple of beers before kick off. Watch the game and then try and have some sort of Halloween with the kids. Then talk crap here and back on the beer and YouTube videos.

The Modfather
31-10-2020, 11:21 AM
Anyone else in Carlisle yet?

Speedy
31-10-2020, 11:24 AM
Watch a film, do some exercise, lunch, painting, Hibs game, get drunk, listen to Gok Wan's isolation nation

Newcastlehibby
31-10-2020, 11:27 AM
Rugby,
Hibs, all in surround sound in my ‘office’.

I have a nice bottle of wine to go with the game plus some Highland Malt in reserve.

Can I resist opening the wine during the rugby? If not, it will be gone by 4pm and then I’ll feel obliged to start on the whisky.

This could get a bit messy.

RoYO!
31-10-2020, 11:35 AM
Keep busy.

Fill the log basket

set the stove

Clean the house

read a book

anything to keep my mind of the main event

light the stove

Pie and pint half an hour before kick off

find BBC Scotland SD (as it isn't on real telly)

run to the sofa and get sat down just as the ref blows the whistle

pause the telly at 6:15 and go and pick the other half up from work :rolleyes:

To be fair I wondered if the second thing was a euphemism for a dump! 😆 seemed apt for derby day!

Hibrandenburg
31-10-2020, 11:50 AM
Just about to leave for a 9 hole round of golf, couple of beers in the clubhouse afterwards then back home for 17:50 in time for kickoff. Stuffed beef rolls with spuds and red cabbage already pre-cooked.

KdyHby
31-10-2020, 12:04 PM
Been for a stroll around the grounds and woods surrounding Balbirnie House Hotel, now settling down for lunch, egg chasing then the big match.

Moulin Yarns
31-10-2020, 12:05 PM
To be fair I wondered if the second thing was a euphemism for a dump! 😆 seemed apt for derby day!

Nope, I really was putting the chopped up bits of tree into a wicker container beside the wood burner. 😁

Nakedmanoncrack
31-10-2020, 12:19 PM
A disturbing amount of rugby mentions on this 😲

J-C
31-10-2020, 12:45 PM
Working till around 4ish, then head home, telly on and get ready.

31-10-2020, 12:47 PM
Are hibs tv showing the game. Not sure I can face watching it on bbc.

Andy74
31-10-2020, 12:48 PM

Agreed. There’s a couple of GAA games on Sky this afternoon. Much more entertaining.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2020, 12:56 PM
Are hibs tv showing the game. Not sure I can face watching it on bbc.

Only if you're outside the UK or ROI.

It's also on Premier Sports if you have that.

31-10-2020, 01:02 PM
Only if you're outside the UK or ROI.

It's also on Premier Sports if you have that.

Cheers I’ll use a VPN and Hibs TV

Eyrie
31-10-2020, 01:10 PM

I've watched one and have another two to go, with football in between. And trying to keep an eye on the Vuelta.

Multiple sports is the male equivalent of multitasking.

The Pointer
31-10-2020, 01:13 PM
Walk earlier was cancelled but looking forward to Wales v Scotland now as the warm-up before the big one.

Beers currently lined-up are 'Terra Nova' by Ovenstone 109 in Fife, Fyne Ales 'Jarl', Stewart Brewing 'Hollyrood' and Session IPA, all to be added to as and when.

Enjoy the game folks and GGTTH!

oconnors_strip
31-10-2020, 01:19 PM
I’m about to segregate my living room in to half Hibs/ half Hearts 🙈 Got pies and bovril for half time and the beers are chilling in the fridge just now.

EI255
31-10-2020, 01:24 PM
Going for a pub crawl in Leith. Maybe go to Buster Browns tonight to celebrate. Early start tomorrow at the Penny Black.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

davhibby
31-10-2020, 01:30 PM
Going to stick on the last half hour of last nights show on Hibs TV at half 3 then BBC on at 4. Beers already in the fridge.

I’m still not sure what coverage I’m going to watch as I’ve still got Premier from the Cove game. Just had a check and it’s Mikey Stewart and Shelley Kerr on BBC and McCoist, Craigan and Darren Jackson on Premier. Will probably come down to who’ll be on the commentary with (presumably) Liam Mcleod on BBC

Vault Boy
31-10-2020, 01:51 PM
I've got 4 bottles of Corona in the fridge, a lime at the ready, and anxiety levels that could rival a fainting goat. Mon.

The closer we approach kick-off for a big game, the more I lose my appetite. Wish that effect lasted every day of the week...

Moulin Yarns
31-10-2020, 01:55 PM
Walk earlier was cancelled but looking forward to Wales v Scotland now as the warm-up before the big one.

Beers currently lined-up are 'Terra Nova' by Ovenstone 109 in Fife, Fyne Ales 'Jarl', Stewart Brewing 'Hollyrood' and Session IPA, all to be added to as and when.

Your profile has you 2 hours west of the weedge, Curious about where?

Frazerbob
31-10-2020, 01:57 PM
Sitting in my empty pub with a few beers watching the rugby on the big screen before the main event and chatting with my mates on our Hibs WhattsApp group. WTF is going on with the world!

The Pointer
31-10-2020, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=Moulin Yarns;6341311]Your profile has you 2 hours west of the weedge, Curious about where?[/QUOTE

Mid Argyll, on the wrong side of the Rest.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2020, 02:14 PM
Sitting in the garden of my neighbour, not a Hibs fan, and watching the TV positioned at his patio doors.

It's that or watch it alone.

Northernhibee
31-10-2020, 02:31 PM
On a wee zoom call with a couple of other Hibees, my partner alongside, a bunch of snacks (chocolate, crisps, marshmallows and a blowtorch for toasting, pizza for half time), some white wine and some beers.

EI255
31-10-2020, 02:34 PM
Up the Hibs

Hope Hearts die

SteveHFC
31-10-2020, 02:38 PM
On a wee zoom call with a couple of other Hibees, my partner alongside, a bunch of snacks (chocolate, crisps, marshmallows and a blowtorch for toasting, pizza for half time), some white wine and some beers.

If it's a pineapple pizza, you should remove yourself from this thread immediately. :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
31-10-2020, 02:43 PM
Wife breaking the guidelines for the first time and away to her aunties.
I was also asked along to sit in another room with her Jambo uncle
**** that !

I'm happily like a pig in ***** listening to my music pre-game, and of course following the guidelines.

Northernhibee
31-10-2020, 02:45 PM
If it's a pineapple pizza, you should remove yourself from this thread immediately. :greengrin

Ndjua, pineapple, fresh chilli and a splash of a decent hot sauce on a pizza is excellent.

But no pineapple on this one. :greengrin

Have some fresh bread in the oven too so maybe even warm bread and butter.

Glesgahibby
31-10-2020, 02:47 PM
Been wondering around the house trying to pass time.
Held off as long as I could,beer and tunes on!
:flag::flag::flag:

EI255
31-10-2020, 02:48 PM
Sitting at home with new tap oan. Beers chillin, as is the champagne [emoji7]

Moulin Yarns
31-10-2020, 02:49 PM
Mid Argyll, on the wrong side of the Rest.

Cheers, I'm heading to Tighnabruaich for a break next week. I realise nearly everything will be closed, from Dunoon to Campletown and Inveraray, but any recommendations greatfully received.

CMurdoch
31-10-2020, 03:14 PM

I see the New Zealand, South Africa, England, Scotland select managed to beat Wales by 4 points.

The Pointer
31-10-2020, 03:52 PM
Cheers, I'm heading to Tighnabruaich for a break next week. I realise nearly everything will be closed, from Dunoon to Campletown and Inveraray, but any recommendations greatfully received.

You've got Portavadie just along the road and, although it's not particularly close, Inver Cottage up the B8000 towards Strachur. It's excellent for food and has a wee bar.

Moulin Yarns
31-10-2020, 03:55 PM
You've got Portavadie just along the road and, although it's not particularly close, Inver Cottage up the B8000 towards Strachur. It's excellent for food and has a wee bar.

One thing I will visit is Knapdale, I will feed the line, I want to see beaver. (As part of my professional life I have seen them in the wild in Pitlochry :greengrin )