PDA

View Full Version : King Paddy nails it on STV news...

Scotty Leither
28-10-2020, 08:03 PM
When he said that Hibs "need to turn up" on Saturday.

Bang on for me, and I hope Jack Ross and the players pay heed as we can't afford to be outfought by that mob in another big game.

Approach the game in the same manner we did Rangers at ER and i'm sure we'll be OK, but let them dictate things and foul and spoil in their usual way and it could be in the balance, so let's go to it from the off Hibs, eh?

Oh and if you missed Paddy's bit, Jamie Borthwick quickly switched to how hard done by they were in the summer "after the vote to relegate Hearts" (which never happened, of course).

EI255
28-10-2020, 08:14 PM
Saw that.

Paddy's record v Hearts was very good (0-7 would have been so sweet for him)

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Since452
28-10-2020, 08:17 PM
The Hibs camp have been very quiet while Hearts players have been talking about it in the press all week. I don't know if that's deliberate by Ross but I like it.

I'd rather Stanton spoke in the lead up than the players. Let's do our talking on the park.

hibbie02
28-10-2020, 09:48 PM
One thing I’ve never understood is how the Maroon Balloons always get so fired up to play us. They have turned over dozens and dozens of journeymen with no particular affinity to that joke of a club but come Derby Day they are usually more up to it than us. We never quite get same level of will to win. Even when we should be murdering them on paper, they still find a way to beat us. Equally we have had many teams that are superior but bottle it against them. They should have no fear of them and many have no mental scarring (unlike the fans) from history but just don’t turn up. It’s weird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Michael
28-10-2020, 10:24 PM
One thing I’ve never understood is how the Maroon Balloons always get so fired up to play us. They have turned over dozens and dozens of journeymen with no particular affinity to that joke of a club but come Derby Day they are usually more up to it than us. We never quite get same level of will to win. Even when we should be murdering them on paper, they still find a way to beat us. Equally we have had many teams that are superior but bottle it against them. They should have no fear of them and many have no mental scarring (unlike the fans) from history but just don’t turn up. It’s weird!

Not sure what the exact figures are - but the derby record must be fairly close post Vlad?

Broken Gnome
28-10-2020, 10:55 PM
Not sure what the exact figures are - but the derby record must be fairly close post Vlad?

Since the 2014 Championship...

Hibs 7
Hearts 6
Draws 7

I think?

Real Emerald
28-10-2020, 11:45 PM
The Hibs camp have been very quiet while Hearts players have been talking about it in the press all week. I don't know if that's deliberate by Ross but I like it.

I'd rather Stanton spoke in the lead up than the players. Let's do our talking on the park.

I was thinking exactly the same tonight, all the Hesrts players with a point to prove and so up for it but nothing from Hibs. We’ll do our talking on the park 👍 GGTTH

IWasThere2016
29-10-2020, 05:57 AM
We've never beat them at Dumpden

JimBHibees
29-10-2020, 05:58 AM

This is the time.

Andy74
29-10-2020, 07:36 AM

Think we’ve only played them there twice so wouldn’t worry too much about that stat.

Glory Lurker
29-10-2020, 07:44 AM
Think we’ve only played them there twice so wouldn’t worry too much about that stat.

It's only two games but as nothing lasts forever it's a stat that gives me a lot of hope! I mind when we went in to the 2017 semi we had a good winning streak against Aberdeen in the cup, and that made me even more nervous about the day than I would have been anyway.

Keith_M
29-10-2020, 07:49 AM

They've never beat us at Hampden with no fans in the stadium.

Not once.

I just hope we can keep that unbeaten run going...

lucky
29-10-2020, 07:59 AM
Hibs will turn up and will win. All the crap that they are fired up because they were relegated makes me boak. They were relegated because they were bottom of the league and a crap team. I can’t see where there improvement has come. They’ve beaten Dundee and Arbroath in the league. So what! It’s time Hibs gave them a good skelping. Mon the Hibs

S4uzee
29-10-2020, 08:18 AM

Neilson has openly said a lot of their pre season preparations were focused on this game. They also have Jeffries, Neilson, Gordon, Berra, Walker etc who will desperate to win along with Naismith, Halliday, Smith.

No excuses from Hibs, we have to be up for this as they certainly will be

B.H.F.C
29-10-2020, 08:33 AM
Neilson has openly said a lot of their pre season preparations were focused on this game. They also have Jeffries, Neilson, Gordon, Berra, Walker etc who will desperate to win along with Naismith, Halliday, Smith.

No excuses from Hibs, we have to be up for this as they certainly will be

Think Neilson mentioned it the first day he got the job. He knows how they react to not beating Hibs, more than anyone, with how much they turned on him the last time we played his Hearts team in the cup.

Irrespective of current positions, their whole club and support will expect to beat Hibs rather than hope to beat Hibs.

We need to make sure that doesn’t happen. The players need to realise this isn’t just another game.

Keith_M
29-10-2020, 08:40 AM
I would hope that, as soon as final whistle blew at the Kille game, the focus of everyone at the club is on beating Hearts this weekend.

I expect nothing less than a determination of every player to play their part in annihilating Hearts.

If you don't have that mindset, then you don't really belong at Hibs

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-10-2020, 08:46 AM
If we're up for the battle we're winning this 9 times out of 10

jacomo
29-10-2020, 10:13 AM
It’s a massive occasion for a lower league team. No wonder they are pumped.

We need to impose ourselves on the game and dictate the way it goes. No excuses no complacency.

Diclonius
29-10-2020, 10:16 AM

It's because to Hearts the derby comes first, with long term success second.

People talk about that as if it's a weakness but I wish we had that. Beating your rivals breeds confidence as proven by how said **** Hearts teams go on long unbeaten runs after a derby win.

Beating Hearts is more important to me than anything else Hibs do and I wish we as a club and a support felt the same. Any manager who treats it as "just another game" should be sacked on the spot.

JammyDoidger
29-10-2020, 02:13 PM
This is nonsense about hearts always being more up for it. For years they had better players and winners. Look at us when we had bartley, Mcginn, Gray, Mcgregor, etc I was confident of taking something everytime. They don't have that now. We have a settled team and a team of winners. It's ours.

Heisenberg
29-10-2020, 02:20 PM

People talk about that as if it's a weakness but I wish we had that. Beating your rivals breeds confidence as proven by how said **** Hearts teams go on long unbeaten runs after a derby win.

Beating Hearts is more important to me than anything else Hibs do and I wish we as a club and a support felt the same. Any manager who treats it as "just another game" should be sacked on the spot.

That kind of attitude at Hearts didn’t work so well for them with Neilson the last time. Lost one Scottish Cup derby and was chased out for it despite having them flying in the league. Hopefully Jack Ross manages to escape the same treatment if it doesn’t go our way on Saturday.

Diclonius
29-10-2020, 02:22 PM
This is nonsense about hearts always being more up for it. For years they had better players and winners. Look at us when we had bartley, Mcginn, Gray, Mcgregor, etc I was confident of taking something everytime. They don't have that now. We have a settled team and a team of winners. It's ours.

Hearts have won more derbies than us since promotion despite us finishing above them every year.

Saint Hibee
29-10-2020, 02:38 PM

Amen!

Dr What If?
29-10-2020, 03:24 PM
Do we not have a 100% record of winning the Scottish Cup when drawn against a Hearts side managed by Neilson?

I'm going to put this out there, tin hat on......this game is bigger for them than it is for us!
* The perceived unfairness of their relegation
* Facing a big club for what could be the only time this season
* The way they lost to us in 2016
* Their 'special relationship' with this particular tin pot
* Its against us.....we are the team they laugh at most because of our record, imagine us winning it again....and again beating them on the way
* Prove to the world they are a top flight team

Thing is, bar one or two, we are better man for man, we have had more of a season than them to build for this and we are more experienced as a team against better opposition. We should win....but it is a derby and it is a major semi final.

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2020, 03:31 PM

Exactly, cheating charities, and spending other peoples money, bringing in players they ultimately had to go into administration for gave them most of their wins, when the money ran out and they had to pay players similar to our budget, guess what, results evened themselves out.

Keith_M
29-10-2020, 03:55 PM
Hearts have won more derbies than us since promotion despite us finishing above them every year.

How about since Hearts went into Administration and a more level (financial) playing field was established?

I've just checked and, unless I've miscounted, the results are:

Hibs Win - 7
Draw - 7
Hearts Win - 6

Diclonius
29-10-2020, 04:00 PM
How about since Hearts went into Administration and a more level (financial) playing field was established?

Hearts: 10
Draw: 7
Hibs: 8

Results since they entered administration between the end of the 2012-13 season and start of 2013-14: 0-1, 0-1, 2-1, 0-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-1, 1-1, 2-0, 2-2, 1-0, 0-0, 3-1, 1-0, 0-0, 0-1, 2-0, 1-2, 0-0, 0-1, 2-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-0, 1-3.

PatHead
29-10-2020, 04:17 PM
Hearts: 10
Draw: 7
Hibs: 8

Results since they entered administration between the end of the 2012-13 season and start of 2013-14: 0-1, 0-1, 2-1, 0-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-1, 1-1, 2-0, 2-2, 1-0, 0-0, 3-1, 1-0, 0-0, 0-1, 2-0, 1-2, 0-0, 0-1, 2-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-0, 1-3.

You can twist statistics all you like and choose which ones suit you best. Since 2012 we have knocked them out the cup 3 times to their once. Does that really matter?

The bottom line is that we are the better team. If we play to the best of our ability we will win but it is a derby. A bad bounce of the ball or refereeing decision could settle the match one way or another. Seen it so often in the past.

B.H.F.C
29-10-2020, 04:44 PM
Exactly, cheating charities, and spending other peoples money, bringing in players they ultimately had to go into administration for gave them most of their wins, when the money ran out and they had to pay players similar to our budget, guess what, results evened themselves out.

When they went in to administration I think they beat us every time that season, with the kids. Pretty even thereafter, but you even look at last season with them hardly winning a game but still holding the upper hand in derbies.

We undoubtedly have the better team IMO. But I’ve said that often enough.

Seveno
29-10-2020, 05:42 PM
Attitude and better players will not win it alone. Neilson has had plenty time to work out his tactics to try to nullify our threats and benefit from any weakness. Jack Ross needs to get the formation and tactics right to blow them away.

I think our key players will be Gogic, a type of player they are not used to in a Hibs jersey, and Boyle whose speed terrifies defenders. I do not think that Boyle has been at his best recently and we will get goals from him and our strikers if he is at his best.

Jdawg
29-10-2020, 05:49 PM

They won 2 last year and both wins didn’t do them much good thereafter.

Tommy75
29-10-2020, 06:13 PM

Yep, Hearts are always fired up for the derby, no doubt about it. On the flip side, the vast majority of our fans seem to approach the fixture with fear and trepidation regardless of how well we are playing. You only have to read through this forum to see the unjust nervousness / levels of fear some of our fans seem to have when it comes to playing Hearts.

Forza Fred
29-10-2020, 09:24 PM
I will be surprised if they do not take it in turns to clog Boyle early doors.

They seem him as the main threat.

BILLYHIBS
29-10-2020, 09:35 PM
King Paddy was spot on

We do not want a repeat of 1-3 at Easter Road

Hopefully Jack Ross will have learned a valuable lesson

Needs to get them up for this

Defeat is not an option

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2020, 08:16 AM
When they went in to administration I think they beat us every time that season, with the kids. Pretty even thereafter, but you even look at last season with them hardly winning a game but still holding the upper hand in derbies.

We undoubtedly have the better team IMO. But I’ve said that often enough.
Now budgets are similar, results have evened out. We wont win every game, just as they wont either, but they will win some as we will and have.