PDA

View Full Version : Hearts Documentary 9th November

Pages : [1] 2

Scorrie
28-10-2020, 01:21 PM
Just seen that the first part of the long awaited behind the scenes Hearts documentary is on BBC Scotland on 9th November. Only 3 episodes sadly but popcorn on order. Apologies if posted elsewhere ...

SteveHFC
28-10-2020, 01:22 PM
:hyper

Peevemor
28-10-2020, 01:25 PM
Can't wait!

Not In The Know
28-10-2020, 01:26 PM
Just seen that the first part of the long awaited behind the scenes Hearts documentary is on BBC Scotland on 9th November. Only 3 episodes sadly but popcorn on order. Apologies if posted elsewhere ...

Dont get too excited. Its on BBC, prepare for a propaganda film.

The 90+2
28-10-2020, 01:28 PM

Narrated by McGlaughlin or English.

Billy Whizz
28-10-2020, 01:38 PM

And starring Dr Ann Cochrane Cook Wallace Budge (Yeah that’s her full name) and Craig Levein

JohnMcM
28-10-2020, 01:44 PM

I don't care if it's propaganda or who presents it or makes any observation or comment therein. We all know the outcome. I can't wait:greengrin

:faf::hyper:bye::blah::crazy::rotflmao::smokin:lol yam:

nonshinyfinish
28-10-2020, 01:44 PM
Assuming three one-hour episodes, I expect an hour dedicated to the cruel injustice of their "demotion" and 90 minutes about beating Hibs twice, leaving a half-hour scramble to summarise the other 17 points they racked up.

DarlingtonHibee
28-10-2020, 01:46 PM
This could be brilliant 😊

Bostonhibby
28-10-2020, 01:50 PM
It's been made yam friendly by the propoganda unit running it but I'm particularly looking forward to the bit where Mrs Doctor Budge wrestles and defeats a crocodile before going on to defeat Vladimir Putin at arm wrestling thereby ensuring Russia's withdrawal from Syria.

The episode where she saves Scottish football from armageddon in her lunch break should be good as well.

Somewhere in there they are bound to mention her successful plan to avoid being bottom of the league and therefore relegated.

Hopefully there's a cameo moment for the over budget and way beyond deadline single tier stand project she masterminded.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

matty_f
28-10-2020, 02:01 PM
That's my birthday! What a gift to get! :faf:

Sweet Left Peg
28-10-2020, 02:03 PM
Is it called "Hearts 'Till Everyone Else Dies Because They Can't Survive Without The Maroon Pound"

oneone73
28-10-2020, 02:04 PM
I see it's made by Two Rivers media, the company owned by Kirsty Wark's husband Alan Clements, the people who brought you the Alex Salmond retrial doco. I expect it to be sensationalist and headline-grabbing. It won't be a hagiography, it will be going all out for ratings.

BILLYHIBS
28-10-2020, 02:09 PM
ALL OR NOTHING? :greengrin

Magpie
28-10-2020, 02:13 PM
They really waited for this semi final to show this documentary.

If they win on Saturday the end of the documentary will be them celebrating the victory as if they won the cup overshadowing the fact they got relegated with the one of the biggest budgets in Scottish football.

If they lose then the semi final will not see a mention.

Gloucester Hibs
28-10-2020, 02:35 PM

If they win on Saturday the end of the documentary will be them celebrating the victory as if they won the cup overshadowing the fact they got relegated with the one of the biggest budgets in Scottish football.

100% this. They’ve held out for a happy ending, hopefully we spoil it for them.

calumhibee1
28-10-2020, 02:36 PM
Oh yes. I don’t care how Hearts friendly the production team are. They got relegated. They can’t really do anything to make that anything other than hilarious.

SanFranHibs
28-10-2020, 02:39 PM
I am surprised it is not being aired on the 11th, at the 11th hour.

:brokenyam:

Viva_Palmeiras
28-10-2020, 03:01 PM
ALL OR NOTHING? :greengrin

LoL

Pedantic_Hibee
28-10-2020, 03:04 PM
This is going to be absolutely glorious.

Hibs4185
28-10-2020, 03:08 PM
How can they possibly fit that much hilarity into only 3 episodes? They must be a couple of hours long each??

Or they are only showing the bare essentials to save face

Rumble de Thump
28-10-2020, 03:14 PM
If it makes them look anything other than the laughing stock they are then it'll have been a complete waste of time. It's stramge that it wil only be three episodes after their car crash season. The producers must have enough material for a good few 12 episode series.

Episode 1 - Geggenpress
Episode 2 - If Something's Not Right Then It's Not Right
Episode 3 - Relegation

HFCdeb
28-10-2020, 03:48 PM
Punting the Mrs out that day and getting the popcorn on the go. There will be comedy galore. Obika, Levein, MacPhee (hahahaha), Berra getting punted out to Dundee, Stendel, Budge saving Scottish football. Three episodes is nowhere near enough really.

lapsedhibee
28-10-2020, 03:49 PM
If it makes them look anything other than the laughing stock they are then it'll have been a complete waste of time. It's stramge that it wil only be three episodes after their car crash season. The producers must have enough material for a good few 12 episode series.

Episode 1 - Geggenpress
Episode 2 - If Something's Not Right Then It's Not Right
Episode 3 - Relegation

Pretty sure relegation won't get a mention. Expunction might. So unfair.

matty_f
28-10-2020, 04:02 PM
Actually, with this being the BBC I fully expect the first hour long episode to start with a wee narrative of Hearts' situation going into the season for the first couple of minutes, then the rest of the show will be extended highlights of the 2012 cup final.

Episode 2 will pick up with Hearts positive news of the hiring of Stendel, before the rest of the show is dedicated to their win at Easter Road, with extended highlights and multi-angle replays.

Episode 3 will casually mention that they were relegated before recapping Episodes 1 and 2 with highlights of the cup final, their last win, and probably something about the war.

hibees 7062
28-10-2020, 04:05 PM

McGlaughlish :greengrin:greengrin

Mikey
28-10-2020, 04:09 PM
Isn't it that trumpet Martin Geissler who's presenting it?

He even looks like one of them.

gbhibby
28-10-2020, 04:10 PM
Will the comedy channel be buying up the rights like they do with other BBC shows?

jakedance
28-10-2020, 04:16 PM

Guaranteed. We have to win this game.

Peevemor
28-10-2020, 04:26 PM
I am surprised it is not being aired on the 11th, at the 11th hour.

:brokenyam:Given the screening date, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they open with some sort of Armistice reference.

The 90+2
28-10-2020, 04:28 PM
Actually, with this being the BBC I fully expect the first hour long episode to start with a wee narrative of Hearts' situation going into the season for the first couple of minutes, then the rest of the show will be extended highlights of the 2012 cup final.

Episode 2 will pick up with Hearts positive news of the hiring of Stendel, before the rest of the show is dedicated to their win at Easter Road, with extended highlights and multi-angle replays.

Episode 3 will casually mention that they were relegated before recapping Episodes 1 and 2 with highlights of the cup final, their last win, and probably something about the war.

You forgot the war and their museum but except that spot on.

The 90+2
28-10-2020, 04:29 PM
McGlaughlish :greengrin:greengrin

😀

CMurdoch
28-10-2020, 04:58 PM
Should have easily managed 6 episodes.
Their season was a clusterfek, everything went wrong.
So bad I thought they were deliberately sabotaging themselves.
A clowns car wi bits fleein' off everywhere.

EI255
28-10-2020, 06:30 PM
Just seen that the first part of the long awaited behind the scenes Hearts documentary is on BBC Scotland on 9th November. Only 3 episodes sadly but popcorn on order. Apologies if posted elsewhere ...I'd rather get arrested than watch that pile of s,.,t

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

1875Sean
28-10-2020, 07:55 PM
Is there a bafta for best comedy?

cocteautwin
29-10-2020, 02:45 AM
I’m looking forward to the scene in the Accounts department when they all shout “IT”S IN” and Ann Budge’s Hibby brother is then seen at the end of the show disappearing in the background with a bag painted with SWAG, £6.3m of James Anderson and FoH’s money, wearing sunglasses and a big smile, and the music from Thug Life playing.

Vexhim Hibee
29-10-2020, 05:07 AM
Isn't it that trumpet Martin Geissler who's presenting it?

He even looks like one of them.

He is one off them

JimBHibees
29-10-2020, 06:04 AM
We should do a competition for which minute there is mention of Budge and successful business woman in same sentence. I will go for first minute. :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
29-10-2020, 07:26 AM
Should be comedy gold.

Greenio
29-10-2020, 07:42 AM

Doubt they'd still be filming. Docs tend to be in the can a long time before the actually screen.

I can see it being wrapped up with the appointment of Nielson

ClermistonGreen
29-10-2020, 08:05 AM
Rather pull my toe nails out with my own teeth !
I await your critique with absolutely no interest at all
GIRUT ! GGTTH 🇳🇬

neil7908
29-10-2020, 08:50 AM
It'll definitely be spun in their favour. All the really juicy stuff that would show the clubs shocking mismanagement will be ignored for the 'drama' of beating us, their tears and snotters about the team bottom of the league going down etc.

As others have said, the producers will be absolutely desperate for them to win on Saturday to show they are on the way up.

Think I'll give this one a miss but I salute those who sit though it for the rest of us.

EI255
29-10-2020, 08:56 AM
Why are there 2 threads about this rubbish?

Carheenlea
29-10-2020, 11:16 AM
If we are hoping for a “Sunderland till I Die” style documentary we will likely be disappointed.

I’m expecting cheap looking and basic BBC Scotland filmed production that instead of really getting into the meat and bones of the club and the fiascos that coincided with their presence, it will likely be predominantly be lots of long monologues with Anne Budge sat in her office.

Will still be tuning in to the first one alright just in case it really is comedy gold.

Might be worth running a sweep to guess how early into the show Hibs get a mention.

SChibs
29-10-2020, 11:20 AM
Do people seriously believe the BBC put out pro Hearts propaganda? I'd understand if we were talking about Celtic or Ranger due to the large support would get lots of clicks and coverage but Hearts? Not buying it.

bigwheel
29-10-2020, 11:41 AM
Do people seriously believe the BBC put out pro Hearts propaganda? I'd understand if we were talking about Celtic or Ranger due to the large support would get lots of clicks and coverage but Hearts? Not buying it.

Neither do I...

WhileTheChief..
29-10-2020, 12:41 PM
They’ll try their best to show Hearts in a positive way.

Expect to see lots about their youth academy, women’s team, charity stuff, save the children, work in the community etc.

Guaranteed Budge won’t accept any responsibility for anything that went wrong. She’ll be sticking up for Levein as the credits roll.

matty_f
29-10-2020, 12:48 PM
They’ll try their best to show Hearts in a positive way.

Expect to see lots about their youth academy, women’s team, charity stuff, save the children, work in the community etc.

Guaranteed Budge won’t accept any responsibility for anything that went wrong. She’ll be sticking up for Levein as the credits roll.

How much do I want it to start with the theme tune to the Office and similar opening credits with the main stand taking the place of the Wernham Hogg office?

Then Craig Levein coming across as a David Brent style boss. "I'm basically a stressed-out anti-entertainer". "I'm probably a prick first, boss second. Dullard third."

HFCdeb
29-10-2020, 02:18 PM
How much do I want it to start with the theme tune to the Office and similar opening credits with the main stand taking the place of the Wernham Hogg office?

Then Craig Levein coming across as a David Brent style boss. "I'm basically a stressed-out anti-entertainer". "I'm probably a prick first, boss second. Dullard third."

😂👏
Then cut to MacPhee saying to Jon Daly "I was just thinking, will there ever be a boy born who can run faster than Martin Boyle?"

JimBHibees
29-10-2020, 02:58 PM

Take it you didn't listen to BBC sportsound during lockdown as that is exactly all it was Hearts propaganda.

29-10-2020, 05:55 PM
A season in the making. How does it end??? :faf:

BILLYHIBS
08-11-2020, 05:17 PM
Just over 24 hours to go ...............

😃

Bostonhibby
08-11-2020, 05:22 PM
Will the stand be finished in time for the final episode?

Scotty Leither
08-11-2020, 05:29 PM
I don't intend watching it as it'll be the usual revisionist ***** about how the whole world was against them.

Unfortunately we've given them the perfect excuse to play the victim and how they used that as an incentive to win the semi-final.

In that regard, I think it should be prescribed viewing for Ron Gordon, Leeann Dempster and Jack Ross to give them on the handle of their mentality and use it to try and instill a bit of disdain for that mob at Board and managerial level.

Keith_M
08-11-2020, 05:29 PM
I've got a feeling that any Hibbies looking forward to this are going to be very disappointed.

It'll be edited to show Hearts as desperately fighting a struggle not of their making and fighting a war of defiance against evil forces, culminating in a glorious victory against Hibs that signals their re-birth as a force to be reckoned with.

Saturday Boy
08-11-2020, 05:32 PM
I’ve just been told that Elvis Costello is doing the theme song.

Watching the defectives.

BILLYHIBS
08-11-2020, 05:41 PM
I've got a feeling that any Hibbies looking forward to this are going to be very disappointed.

It'll be edited to show Hearts as desperately fighting a struggle not of their making and fighting a war of defiance against evil forces, culminating in a glorious victory against Hibs that signals their re-birth as a force to be reckoned with.
Agree found myself almost liking Potter when I was watching the trailer 🤔

The 90+2
08-11-2020, 05:42 PM
Doesn’t seem that funny anymore. I’ll keep it for better times.

The 90+2
08-11-2020, 05:43 PM
Agree found myself almost liking Potter when I was watching the trailer 🤔

Say this very quietly but he was actually decent on off the ball the day of the semi.

BILLYHIBS
08-11-2020, 05:45 PM
Say this very quietly but he was actually decent on off the ball the day of the semi.

Maybe he’s chilled and he doesn’t have Lenny to wind up anymore

Billy Whizz
08-11-2020, 05:52 PM

I’m with you on that

A Hi-Bee
08-11-2020, 05:52 PM
They now saying that this is a ****ing bbc production, ****in unreal the rest o us help pay for this *****.
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

Andy74
08-11-2020, 06:18 PM

Nah, still funny. Not that I think the BBC are going to actually present this the way it should be.

lord bunberry
08-11-2020, 06:20 PM
Losing to them at Hampden has dampened my enthusiasm for it.

matty_f
08-11-2020, 07:27 PM
Losing to them at Hampden has dampened my enthusiasm for it.

Temporary blip. I’ll be looking forward to a right good laugh at their expense.

Alfred E Newman
08-11-2020, 07:36 PM
I certainly won't be watching this. I saw some of the clips last week and after watching Budge and co back slapping after the semi I don't think my stomach would stand it.

BILLYHIBS
08-11-2020, 08:52 PM
Always good to see how the other half live

Will be worth the Licence Fee to see the look on Budgie’s pus when she realises that despite all her scheming and wheeling and dealing Hearts are officially relegated because they finished bottom of the heap when the line was drawn

G B Young
08-11-2020, 09:59 PM
I never really kept tabs on this so I'm a bit unclear about why it was made. What is the supposed rationale behind it?

The 90+2
08-11-2020, 10:01 PM
I never really kept tabs on this so I'm a bit unclear about why it was made. What is the supposed rationale behind it?

Fusty crust ego project that went wrong.

GordonHFC
09-11-2020, 07:10 AM
Will the stand be finished in time for the final episode?

You will need to have the same number of episodes as Coronation Street before that will happen.

Glory Lurker
09-11-2020, 07:15 AM

I'm with you on this. There was nothing notable about season 19/20 when it started.

danhibees1875
09-11-2020, 07:27 AM
I'm with you on this. There was nothing notable about season 19/20 when it started.

Presumably just an alternative to the Sunderland one, they were at least likely to get promoted at the time I guess but in terms of Scottish teams they had to pick someone big enough to get some interest in the show.

These things do seem to be a precursor to an embarrassing relegation actually...

I'll wait for the reviews on here before watching it just in case they do manage to somehow make it very pro-hearts.

matty_f
09-11-2020, 07:43 AM
Presumably just an alternative to the Sunderland one, they were at least likely to get promoted at the time I guess but in terms of Scottish teams they had to pick someone big enough to get some interest in the show.

These things do seem to be a precursor to an embarrassing relegation actually...

I'll wait for the reviews on here before watching it just in case they do manage to somehow make it very pro-hearts.

It’s definitely going to be very pro-Hearts but imho that just makes it more amusing.

At the very least it’s going to be interesting to see what happened that caused them such a hilarious exit from the League.

calumhibee1
09-11-2020, 07:48 AM

:agree: only way to describe it really

danhibees1875
09-11-2020, 07:56 AM
It’s definitely going to be very pro-Hearts but imho that just makes it more amusing.

At the very least it’s going to be interesting to see what happened that caused them such a hilarious exit from the League.

Injustices no doubt! :greengrin

Kato
09-11-2020, 07:59 AM
Injustices no doubt! :greengrinLots of footage of players on the injury table.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

paddy1875
09-11-2020, 08:14 AM
This documentary will include the 2 visits to Easter road where they turned up in a mess and still left with 6 points.

They’ll Probably had the cameras around at hampden aswell just incase they turned us over to add into the final episode.

It’s no really that funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
09-11-2020, 08:37 AM
This documentary will include the 2 visits to Easter road where they turned up in a mess and still left with 6 points.

They’ll Probably had the cameras around at hampden aswell just incase they turned us over to add into the final episode.

It’ll also show that despite us gifting them 6 points that they still got relegated. That’ll be hilarious.

paddy1875
09-11-2020, 08:41 AM
It’ll also show that despite us gifting them 6 points that they still got relegated. That’ll be hilarious.

Fair play mate, if that’s what your into.

Hibbyradge
09-11-2020, 08:41 AM
I have no intention of increasing their viewing figures.

Green_one
09-11-2020, 08:49 AM
So are people actually expecting the pro Hearts BBC to show Hearts in a bad light? It will be a fantasy, with Tom English as Gandalf and Budge as Frodo.

The only hope is that regular exposure of Budge to the camera will show her up as a huge slaver. However even Daniel Levy comes out positively in the Spurs version. Not that this will be of that quality.

I certainly will not be watching it, as I do not want a regurgitated maroon version of last season and my tv is not insured for heavy flying objects impacting with it.

Hiber-nation
09-11-2020, 09:02 AM
I'd rather watch repeats of Emmerdale. No thanks.

EI255
09-11-2020, 09:26 AM
Not for me ta.

I'm Spartacus
09-11-2020, 09:42 AM

Funnily enough this wasn't instigated by them, the BBC states by the maker that they were planning on following up to the 'big fan ownership handover', but what they caught is a total cluster ******.

A few points from me:

They filmed this over many many months, I'm quite disappointed it's only 3 x 1hr episodes given the complete disaster they followed. Bear in mind they also caught the COVID situation so only stopped filming recently, even before COVID there had to be 6 at least.

Until 8 days ago I was really looking forward to the carnage playing out for all to see, people saying last weekend was only a blip and we can laugh, hmmm I'm not so sure myself now, I can't brush things like Hampden under the carpet especially given the potential of that loss.

I would be amazed if Levein didn't come across as a totally decent guy, the Sunday evening of 'that' Ozturk goal I was in his company in Tiger Lily and I cannot bring myself to say anything negative against him, that's my experience of him. I wasn't drunk in anyway, obviously deflated and not in the mood for much, his conversation was excellent.

It's been said plenty on here, but I also have no idea where this paranoia that the media are pro pushing a Hearts agenda. Any BBC I watch or listen to absolutely rip them to shreds, can anybody give evidence that shows the contrary? Am I missing something?

twiceinathens
09-11-2020, 09:49 AM
Watch out for the Trump-like reference to being "illegally" relegated.

Rumble de Thump
09-11-2020, 10:32 AM
If a documentary is not right then it's not right.

Rumble de Thump
09-11-2020, 10:38 AM
I don't think I've ever heard Hearts being ripped to shreds on the BBC even though it's entirely merited. I've only ever heard the complete opposite, especially this year.

Steve20
09-11-2020, 10:47 AM
This will be poor viewing for any Hibs fan. No way the BBC will have Hearts shown in a bad light, relegated or not.

And even if it was going to be amusing, Hibs players and management put an end to any of that with their pathetic display at Hampden.

Diclonius
09-11-2020, 10:55 AM

Just once I'd love Hearts to have a **** season AND not humiliate us too. That would be even more hilarious.

Aldo
09-11-2020, 10:57 AM
Let’s not kid ourselves on here.... If Sportsound is anything to go by (and I maybe wrong) but I cannot see BBC showing them in a bad light. Hearts propaganda aka BBC Hearts will roll on this evening.

Sammy7nil
09-11-2020, 11:15 AM

I agree Hibs fuuuuked up again and make laughing at them almost impossible.

Rumble de Thump
09-11-2020, 11:26 AM
I've always found it very easy to laugh at them :greengrin

Pagan Hibernia
09-11-2020, 11:26 AM
Every single time we have a chance to laugh at them (deservedly, given their behaviour and the appalling way their club is run) our own team embarrass us and leave us looking silly.

I won’t be watching one minute of this.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 11:32 AM
Funnily enough this wasn't instigated by them, the BBC states by the maker that they were planning on following up to the 'big fan ownership handover', but what they caught is a total cluster ******.

A few points from me:

They filmed this over many many months, I'm quite disappointed it's only 3 x 1hr episodes given the complete disaster they followed. Bear in mind they also caught the COVID situation so only stopped filming recently, even before COVID there had to be 6 at least.

Until 8 days ago I was really looking forward to the carnage playing out for all to see, people saying last weekend was only a blip and we can laugh, hmmm I'm not so sure myself now, I can't brush things like Hampden under the carpet especially given the potential of that loss.

I would be amazed if Levein didn't come across as a totally decent guy, the Sunday evening of 'that' Ozturk goal I was in his company in Tiger Lily and I cannot bring myself to say anything negative against him, that's my experience of him. I wasn't drunk in anyway, obviously deflated and not in the mood for much, his conversation was excellent.

It's been said plenty on here, but I also have no idea where this paranoia that the media are pro pushing a Hearts agenda. Any BBC I watch or listen to absolutely rip them to shreds, can anybody give evidence that shows the contrary? Am I missing something?

While I understand it was the BBC that went to them, Budge will have in no doubt jumped baws deep at the chance to promote her ego.

As for Levein, see my post on him on off the ball. For the first time I’ve ever listened to him when it wasn’t totally hearts related or encouraged by bell chief extraordinaire Tom English he came across as decent and genuine and funny (I can’t believe I just said that ****) the opposite of my persona of him and the opposite of Gary Locke or John Colquhoon.

I’ve also stuck up for the BBC plenty on here despite their pro hearts leanings in recent years. I certainly don’t think they are anti Hibs but they are becoming increasingly pro Hearts.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 11:33 AM
I agree Hibs fuuuuked up again and make laughing at them almost impossible.

Aye. It will be worth a watch next time I can find it in me to laugh at them before the wee bit in my head reminds me we ****ed up last week.

Jones28
09-11-2020, 11:38 AM
Anyone pretending this is going to do anything other than paint Hearts as brave opponents of an oppressive system is kidding themselves. They will be wronged at every turn by the big bad SFA.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 11:42 AM
Anyone pretending this is going to do anything other than paint Hearts as brave opponents of an oppressive system is kidding themselves. They will be wronged at every turn by the big bad SFA.

I’m not too sure mate. That would be the BBC going against the SPFL. They will in no doubt cry injustice, show the derby and rangers wins and have an exclusive half hour interview with Stendel who will say football in a German accent a few time’s and slaver a lot.

The Harp
09-11-2020, 11:43 AM
Can't see this being anything other than a propaganda exercise cooked up by the Gorgie mob and their pals at the BBC.
No way will it show them in a bad light. I'll definitely not be watching.

Carheenlea
09-11-2020, 11:45 AM
I don't think I've ever heard Hearts being ripped to shreds on the BBC even though it's entirely merited. I've only ever heard the complete opposite, especially this year.

A year or so back Alan Preston and Michael Stewart regularly lambasted Hearts on the BBC. More so from a footballing perspective rather than off field but both got properly ripped into them despite both being supporters of the club.

Mind you, maybe that’s why they’re not on the shows as much now!

theonlywayisup
09-11-2020, 11:54 AM
Every single time we have a chance to laugh at them (deservedly, given their behaviour and the appalling way their club is run) our own team embarrass us and leave us looking silly.

I agree.

Had we beat them in both home games, then it would be great viewing. But the documentary makers have to add some positives for Hertz fans as there would be little else for their fans to excite them. They'll make the derby wins the focal point of the programme, with loads of gloating quotes.

Would rather watch paint dry! Or re-runs of the Aberdeen match!

neil7908
09-11-2020, 12:16 PM
Pishy, Hearts loving preview from the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54849991

For anyone watching, make sure you have a sick bag nearby.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 12:18 PM
I forgot how much of an odd creepy looking weirdo that Macphee looked.

RoYO!
09-11-2020, 05:30 PM
Budge had a say on final edit.

This will be a dreadful watch.

How to lose supporters money at record rates with nothing to show for it, then getting relegated... becomes, brave queen ann sticking it to the man...

GreyJammies
09-11-2020, 05:47 PM
Hope they show some Ian Cathro motivational talks, with the players giggling in to their hands when his back is turned.

He was the best one.

G B Young
09-11-2020, 05:52 PM

Did knocking them out the cup two seasons running while we were a Championship club, the first time seeing us go on to lift the trophy for the first time in 114 years and at a stroke wipe out their derby songbook not allow us to laugh at them?

Mr. Wonderful
09-11-2020, 06:16 PM

Glad I'm not alone

Plus it's on the BBC, it's absolutely guaranteed they'll manage to paint this as a heroic story and Budge as mother Theresa or something.

A lot of people will be very disappointed tonight imo

Brooster
09-11-2020, 06:23 PM
I couldn't be less interested if I tried. I'll wash my hair instead.

MWHIBBIES
09-11-2020, 06:41 PM
Cant imagine anything I'd rather watch less. Will no doubt spend plenty time talking about their 2 wins against us.

09-11-2020, 06:43 PM
Did knocking them out the cup two seasons running while we were a Championship club, the first time seeing us go on to lift the trophy for the first time in 114 years and at a stroke wipe out their derby songbook not allow us to laugh at them?

No because mEnTaLiTy

Hiber-nation
09-11-2020, 06:49 PM

😂

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 06:50 PM
Hope they show some Ian Cathro motivational talks, with the players giggling in to their hands when his back is turned.

He was the best one.

If not just watch re-runs of the office.

Their main stand outside isn’t a coincidence 👌

Cathro running into simply the best to be pumped off Peterhead would be amazing.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 06:50 PM

You had that transplant then? 😆

CMurdoch
09-11-2020, 06:51 PM
It's about a Scottish football club that isn't the old firm so a must watch for a Scottish football supporter.
It's a shame it's only 3 episodes which means it will be shallow and therefore unlikely to give us a Charlie Methven ******** type character to dislike.

Brooster
09-11-2020, 07:00 PM
You had that transplant then? 😆

Not been cut since lockdown.....it's almost down to my ears now.

GreyJammies
09-11-2020, 07:04 PM
If not just watch re-runs of the office.

Their main stand outside isn’t a coincidence 👌

Cathro running into simply the best to be pumped off Peterhead would be amazing.

A cross between Father Ted and The Office.

Ian Cathro as Father Dougal Maguire, Daniel Stendel as Father Jack, Austin McPhee as The Og Monster, Ann Budge as Keith.

Craig Levein as himself.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 07:10 PM
Not been cut since lockdown.....it's almost down to my ears now.

🤣🤣 good man.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 07:11 PM
A cross between Father Ted and The Office.

Ian Cathro as Father Dougal Maguire, Daniel Stendel as Father Jack, Austin McPhee as The Og Monster, Ann Budge as Keith.

Craig Levein as himself.

Box office. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cathro actually looks like Dougal.

A Hi-Bee
09-11-2020, 07:23 PM
Imho, I think we have more jambo's on ,net than I first thought, I will not be watching this *****, **** the hertz

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 07:34 PM
Imho, I think we have more jambo's on ,net than I first thought, I will not be watching this *****, **** the hertz

I don’t think so in all honesty. There’s a couple that are shining through glaringly but they are bitter *****. The ones that say we have been lucky all season and are pish are the ones to watch. They will be watching this thread and dying to bite too 💚

Kato
09-11-2020, 07:44 PM

i'm watching for tips on "how never to have your hair". In fact that's what I'm telling the kids the show is called.

Smartie
09-11-2020, 07:47 PM
I’ve lost track of the timeline - is Cathro likely to feature?

I thought he’d have been long gone before this started.

This is the stage for Logic D’Amour, a few dozen other catastrophic signings and John Colquhoun’s bulging wallet is it not?

Since452
09-11-2020, 07:53 PM
This will cheer me up after the last week or so

HH81
09-11-2020, 07:57 PM
Anyone know if I can watch this in England via virgin?

CMurdoch
09-11-2020, 08:00 PM
i'm watching for tips on "how never to have your hair". In fact that's what I'm telling the kids the show is called.

:greengrin

WhileTheChief..
09-11-2020, 08:02 PM
I’m laughing at Budge already. This is gonna be awesome.

09-11-2020, 08:02 PM
Gary Locke really is an absolute throbber

Coco Bryce
09-11-2020, 08:03 PM
Locke is a cock!

09-11-2020, 08:07 PM
We all know this isn't going to be an accurate account of what went on but hopefully the programme makers at least manage to get it right about 1 or 2 things. From March onwards fans of other clubs came to realise what we've known for ages, most of what comes out of there is total BS.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 08:09 PM
I’ve lost track of the timeline - is Cathro likely to feature?

I thought he’d have been long gone before this started.

This is the stage for Logic D’Amour, a few dozen other catastrophic signings and John Colquhoun’s bulging wallet is it not?

I love not only are you in my top five posters (could be first tbh) on here you have the same irrational dislike of Colquhoon as me and remember Damour is on about £7k a week 🤣🤣🤣

jakedance
09-11-2020, 08:10 PM
I’m recording it. I’m expecting a very sympathetic storyline, that puts a fair amount of time to them beating Hibs. I’ll only watch it if it’s confirmed it’ll tickle my Hibee bone.

Coco Bryce
09-11-2020, 08:12 PM
Levein is a complete loser and he knows it 😂

Magpie
09-11-2020, 08:13 PM
Levein saying that was the first time he’s been sacked in his career... Scotland?

09-11-2020, 08:14 PM
I’m recording it. I’m expecting a very sympathetic storyline, that puts a fair amount of time to them beating Hibs. I’ll only watch it if it’s confirmed it’ll tickle my Hibee bone.

They skip their first win at Easter road at least

Robbo6-2
09-11-2020, 08:16 PM
Cannot face even watching two mins of it even if its good or bad

davhibby
09-11-2020, 08:18 PM
All they showed about the first derby was their fans outside the ground before the game wanting Levein sacked

09-11-2020, 08:20 PM
Jesus hearts supporters really are a bunch of cretins

bod
09-11-2020, 08:21 PM
Anyone know if I can watch this in England via virgin?

Don’t you have bbc Scotland after the radio channels on your guide ?

matty_f
09-11-2020, 08:21 PM
Locke is very much the David Brent character here.

HH81
09-11-2020, 08:23 PM
Don’t you have bbc Scotland after the radio channels on your guide ?

Found it. Went through whole guide ended up been on ch 862.

Rumble de Thump
09-11-2020, 08:26 PM
They started after 8 games into the season. Unsurprisingly, the people running Hearts come across as clueless. Dull as dishwater so far, though. Injuries, injuries boo hoo.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Cannot face even watching two mins of it even if its good or bad

Decent username 😂

WhileTheChief..
09-11-2020, 08:29 PM
This is comedy gold.

It really is just like watching The Office.

Rumble de Thump
09-11-2020, 08:29 PM
Am I hearing things or did Levein say it was the first time he'd been sacked?

Mon Dieu4
09-11-2020, 08:31 PM
None of you underzidane it

The Captain....
**** me this must be the most boring sports documentary ever made. Its absolutely dire...like a primary school project.

GreenCastle
The women’s team have had nearly all their funding cut.

The guy being interviewed about the women’s team left to Rangers also.

As others have said Hearts watched it and told what should be in the documentary and what shouldn’t be.

Levein and Budge were never seen in same room.

CropleyisGod
09-11-2020, 08:32 PM

You heard correctly

The Baldmans Comb
09-11-2020, 08:33 PM
I have never repeat never seen as many ugly people in any TV programme ever.

Actually very poor programme so far. Very sugar coated and retrospective and has fundamentally missed any drama.

Can only improve.

WhileTheChief..
09-11-2020, 08:34 PM

First time he felt sorry for someone who sacked him.

CropleyisGod
09-11-2020, 08:35 PM
First World War’s come up...

SteveHFC
09-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Austin McPhee though :faf:

GreenCastle
09-11-2020, 08:40 PM
Convenient how they missed out so much on Levein !! Budge probably didn’t want to hang him out to dry.

09-11-2020, 08:44 PM
This is really boring to be honest

Gordy M
09-11-2020, 08:44 PM
Jeez watching this, you think they had a great season!!! Clearly edited by Hearts!.

CropleyisGod
09-11-2020, 08:46 PM
Apparently the biggest fan(ny) owned club in the world

BS44
09-11-2020, 08:47 PM
Levein saying that was the first time he’s been sacked in his career... Scotland?

If you dinnae include Leicester City and Scotland then it is the first time he has been sacked!

09-11-2020, 08:47 PM
Still don’t explain why it took her about 3 months to get a new manager which is probably the biggest factor to them going down.

Logie Green
09-11-2020, 08:49 PM
“I’m just like every other hearts fan” - Gary Locke.
Aye, incoherent and chapping for brains.

As for showing their fat-arsed lassies team. 🤦*♂️

09-11-2020, 08:49 PM
Budge needs a personality transplant

09-11-2020, 08:52 PM

They've used up a whole episode covering up to when they appointed Stendel when they should have only spent about 15 minutes on that period. From March onwards was when the fun began, they should be concentrating more on that but will probably waste more time on the boring stuff.

CropleyisGod
09-11-2020, 08:53 PM
I have to confess I didn’t know they had a ladies team. Then again they were a division below us...

GreyJammies
09-11-2020, 08:58 PM

It is Hearts.

The most bland, humdrum thing in the country since 1874.

A club that is regularly relegated and is incapable of winning trophies.

It was never gonna be an hour of Die Hard style action - Though I am sure Craig Levein wears a manky vest, has no shoes and spends his Christmases hanging out with terrorists.

The Captain....
09-11-2020, 09:00 PM
That was a mess of a program - really dull, didnt reflect the shambolic goings on and bizarrely shoehorned in more about the womens team winning a game than Levein being sacked.

It also increased my dislike of Brian McLoughlin...obese hertz ****.

Brightside
09-11-2020, 09:00 PM
I assume next week will be 55 mins of the Hibs game? How can you film for so long and have nothing to show. The girls team winning the 2nd division is a real stretch for a high light.

Andy74
09-11-2020, 09:02 PM
One thing it confirms is that they are an amateur shambles from the top down.

calumhibee1
09-11-2020, 09:04 PM
Thought that was alright tbh. Even if it didn’t stick the boot in to them as much as it could have it was interesting to see behind the scenes of a Scottish football team.

S4uzee
09-11-2020, 09:07 PM
It is Hearts.

The most bland, humdrum thing in the country since 1874.

A club that is regularly relegated and is incapable of winning trophies.

It was never gonna be an hour of Die Hard style action - Though I am sure Craig Levein wears a manky vest, has no shoes and spends his Christmases hanging out with terrorists.

But they beat us? What does that say about our players/management

Hibeesforever
09-11-2020, 09:07 PM
There is enough material for six episodes...so poor that they jumped through the content so quickly...Hearts ladies the winners, Budge the saviour but really the shambles...that Stenal press conference with her is priceless....

danhibees1875
09-11-2020, 09:09 PM
I have to confess I didn’t know they had a ladies team. Then again they were a division below us...

Their ladies team or hearts generally? We need specifics when it comes to them being a division below us. :dunno:

tamig
09-11-2020, 09:12 PM
One thing it confirms is that they are an amateur shambles from the top down.

“Daniel played as a striker himself. So you’d think he favours attacking football.”

Quote from the daft old bat. Amateurish as you say. And roll on the FOH handover. What an effective bunch they came across as.

G B Young
09-11-2020, 09:12 PM

They lost 10-0 at home to Celtic last week.

If you like watching teams in maroon getting hammered the goals are here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54770950

G B Young
09-11-2020, 09:16 PM

Yep, sacked by Scotland:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20205303

And sacked by Leicester:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/leicester/content/articles/2006/01/25/leicester_city_boss_levein_departs_feature.shtml

I didn't watch the programme, but surely they employed a researcher? Why would they just accept his word for this when it's clearly untrue?

Rumble de Thump
09-11-2020, 09:16 PM
It's quite impressive that the producers managed to make the show so devoid of anything interesting, especially when they had so much to work with.

sleeping giant
09-11-2020, 09:17 PM
That was like an episode of The Office .

sleeping giant
09-11-2020, 09:19 PM

He didnt .
He said it was the first time he had been sacked and felt sorry for the person sacking him.

Kato
09-11-2020, 09:31 PM
They started after 8 games into the season. Unsurprisingly, the people running Hearts come across as clueless. Dull as dishwater so far, though. Injuries, injuries boo hoo.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?348914-Hearts-Documentary-9th-November&p=6351269&viewfull=1#post6351269

GreyJammies
09-11-2020, 09:33 PM

That they bathe, clip their nails, keep their teeth nice and clean, lift weights and train magnificently well in a fully equipped training facility owned by the club and play in Scotlands top flight, in the greatest (and biggest) stadium in Edinburgh.

All the reasons why Jack Ross chose to work with us, and not down at the farm.

How's that son?

Col2
09-11-2020, 09:37 PM
It was puff pice tepid stuff. However....

Budge is so out her depth. An old lady trying to make football decisions with a FOH 75 year old lawyer.

The media lady is a basket case, this is highly visible media stuff and she just flaps.

Gary Locke with his odd job man role 🤣🤣🤣

Austin? Wow he really loves himself, players were clearly not impressed.

The fans, bless them, rover drivers, bowling club treasurers and cardigan wearing tosspots.

Bostonhibby
09-11-2020, 09:40 PM
That they bathe, clip their nails, keep their teeth nice and clean, lift weights and train magnificently well in a fully equipped training facility owned by the club and play in Scotlands top flight, in the greatest (and biggest) stadium in Edinburgh.

How's that son?You might be onto something there.

09-11-2020, 09:43 PM

Give it a rest ffs

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 09:46 PM
Give it a rest ffs

Agree. Haven’t watched but what’s the point in slagging off us?

GreyJammies
09-11-2020, 10:01 PM
Agree. Haven’t watched but what’s the point in slagging off us?

It is rather odd. It's not like we are the 3rd best team in the Championship or something.

We're flying high like sexy green kites and the treble is still on. :flag:

Treble meaning European football and both cups, of course.

Itsnoteasy
09-11-2020, 10:13 PM

How's that son?

Murrayfield.

Real Emerald
09-11-2020, 10:27 PM
I didn’t watch it (I will though) but on having a peek at Kickback most of them are saying it’s a load of propaganda and a cover up to protect Levien and Budge. It must be an extension of Sportsound, which is exactly what I thought it would be. Why have a fly on the wall documentary, witness an utter car crash and not show it? It’s BBC Scotland all over with Hearts. As I’ve said though I’ve not watched it and I’m only going by all the comments.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2020, 10:35 PM
I watched about 15 minutes and it was obvious it was little more than a propoganda piece. I'd be stunned if Hearts didn't have a lot of editorial control over that. An absolute disaster of a season for them and a viewer with little knowledge about Scottish football would have had no idea that was the case.

I ended up rewatching the Garry O'connor documentary instead.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-11-2020, 10:52 PM
I thought it was an enjoyable watch to be honest.

BILLYHIBS
09-11-2020, 10:59 PM
Doctored by Dr Budge but an interesting watch nonetheless

I thought the Hearts fans looked an ugly bunch but we knew that anyway

The Hearts Women’s team ?

Never knew they had one

Potter and Locke came across as almost human

Just two guys that love their club cannae knock them for that

Andy74
09-11-2020, 11:10 PM

Plenty threads for those that want to wallow in that.

JohnMcM
09-11-2020, 11:20 PM
Seemed to me it was as much I expected. Heavily edited to favour them.

Best bit for me though, and I'm amazed you lot haven't commented upon it yet, was Gary Locke, just a few minutes in, in the home dressing room saying "Probably the biggest home dressing room in Scottish Football".

That was a close second to Austin McPhee referencing the WW1 stuff. Cringey!

GreyJammies
09-11-2020, 11:20 PM
Murrayfield.

Thanks for not saying Tynecastle.

You all know. :flag:

Juniper Greens
09-11-2020, 11:50 PM
My favourite bit was Budge explaining her choice of "our Daniel".

"Well, the work he did at Barnsley, before it went all wrong"

There were a good few budge bloopers in it to be fair. Enjoyed her seeing the positive side of all the "fan mail" too.

cocteautwin
10-11-2020, 02:43 AM
Did the documentary makers bring up the subject of their financing at all? c£30m of other peoples money they must have piled through since Admin.

JimBHibees
10-11-2020, 05:33 AM
It was puff pice tepid stuff. However....

Budge is so out her depth. An old lady trying to make football decisions with a FOH 75 year old lawyer.

The media lady is a basket case, this is highly visible media stuff and she just flaps.

Gary Locke with his odd job man role 🤣🤣🤣

Austin? Wow he really loves himself, players were clearly not impressed.

The fans, bless them, rover drivers, bowling club treasurers and cardigan wearing tosspots.

Pretty much nailed it right there. :greengrin

overdrive
10-11-2020, 06:42 AM
My favourite bit was Budge explaining her choice of "our Daniel".

"Well, the work he did at Barnsley, before it went all wrong"

There were a good few budge bloopers in it to be fair. Enjoyed her seeing the positive side of all the "fan mail" too.

That was brilliant. Shame they edited out the bit of his opening press conference where he said he had never heard of Hearts.

No wonder their pitch was wrecked with Budge and the comms woman walking across the pitch every day in their high heels.

Greenbeard
10-11-2020, 06:54 AM
Powder puff documentary for a powder puff team run by a powder puff old lady unt ein powder puff manager.
The main thing episode 1 reinforced in me is that I am soooooooooooo sooooooooooo glad my family are all Hibbies.

Four days in the job, first live pre-match interview with BBC:
Brian McLaughlin: "So Daniel why have you picked the team you have picked?"
Stendel: "I have no idea."

Compare and contrast:
Hearts Ambassador: Gary Locke
Hibs Ambassador: Pat Stanton

WhileTheChief..
10-11-2020, 07:26 AM
He didnt .
He said it was the first time he had been sacked and felt sorry for the person sacking him.

Finally someone else who listened properly.

Just shows that folk shouldn’t go by the comments on here when others are just posting what they thought they saw and heard!

Levein actually came across ok for a change and admitted he wasn’t very good as director of football or manager.

Rumble de Thump
10-11-2020, 07:50 AM
Finally someone else who listened properly.

Just shows that folk shouldn’t go by the comments on here when others are just posting what they thought they saw and heard!

Levein actually came across ok for a change and admitted he wasn’t very good as director of football or manager.

It seems the fly-on-the-wall documentary makers weren't even allowed to film him or speak to him while he was working at the club.

rossevenil
10-11-2020, 07:53 AM
If ever you wondered about propoganda the appointment of the new manager is a belter when she calls her finance person to the office to discuss the appointment and starts with "some really really big names and we have had appliactions from people who have managed some of the biggest international clubs aswell as people from South America" to which the Finance woman responds "it does say something about the stature of the club doesnt it" :greengrin:greengrin naw it says everyone knows you lot pay over the odds on wages

Dear o dear,never seen such an "orchestrated" fly on the wall documentary in my life,as others have said papering over anything that shows them in a bad light and she really does haver some crap old bagpuss

Brightside
10-11-2020, 08:18 AM
The one thing that stood out for me is the FoH people. I don't get it. They are plugging the holes in the finances of the club week in week out. And they remain so massively proud of that and never seem to question that the club is obviously badly run if it requires all these other funds. An initial rally round to stop the club going bust is one thing but to continue putting in that money on top of STs etc is just weird. I know plenty Hearts fans that put in an additional £50 a month. £600 a year. On top of ST etc. They could get a Chelsea ST for that!

Andy74
10-11-2020, 08:20 AM

Best bit for me though, and I'm amazed you lot haven't commented upon it yet, was Gary Locke, just a few minutes in, in the home dressing room saying "Probably the biggest home dressing room in Scottish Football".

We did get the 2 references I expected fairly early on - successful business woman and World War 1.

Juniper Greens
10-11-2020, 08:26 AM
What surprised me about it is that we are already into December...leveins reign lasted ten minutes.

I suspect it has been hijacked into a covid affecting Scottish football program, which might also be funny to watch.

mim
10-11-2020, 08:58 AM
Four days in the job, first live pre-match interview with BBC:
Brian McLaughlin: "So Daniel why have you picked the team you have picked?"
Stendel: "I have no idea."

That was a hilarious moment :faf::faf:

I'm Spartacus
10-11-2020, 09:12 AM
Now, I speak as someone who has actually looked forward to this for a while, simply as it caught them at their lowest points, it's been 12 months in the making and as I said the other day only 3 x 1 hour shows?? That then means the producers have managed to gloss over most of the stuff, we have a 2-0 win in December to be shown and if they show that they they'll 200% show the 3-1 at ER.

lucky
10-11-2020, 09:13 AM
After watching the Netflix football documentaries on Sunderland and Spurs the BBC have produced a poor attempt at showing the inner workings of a football club.

If Uni campus they rent is so great why do they train at the PBS and St. Andrews so often?

Col L
10-11-2020, 09:27 AM

He maybe came across okay because he now effectively works for the BBC.

I found it watch-able, but disappointingly dull considering the crazy season that they had. They really glossed over the drama that surrounded Levein's sacking and didn't give the fans much of a platform to vent their anger at what was going on. Those they did interview were safe hand-picked types.

For me, it wasn't really a fast paced fly-on-the-wall documentary, in the way Sunderland Till I Die was. Instead, Levein was allowed to take a deep breath and reflect calmly on what happened instead of the cameras capturing him at his embittered best in the heat of the moment. It's probably the most honest I've heard him, mind you, he's not exactly known for saying he has got something wrong (I still laugh at his description of Scotty Allan's 20-yard half-volley on the turn as 'scrappy')

Auld Budge came across as cold and completely out her depth. And what was the Grime soundtrack all about... Cringey!

Pretty Boy
10-11-2020, 09:27 AM
I watched the rest of the show this morning. I expected Poundland Sunderland til I Die and it fell some way short of my expectations. It had the feel of a club TV piece put together by volunteers.

Forget the club involved was Hearts. I can't say I feel any more knowledgeable about the inner workings of a Scottish football club after watching. Hearts have half decent training facilities, it's quite difficult when a manager has to be sacked and people who work for the club feel crap when they lose. Enlightening stuff.

I doubt I'll watch the remaining episodes. I'm not sure if it would have worked better with a club like Aberdeen. Cormack is a bit of an egotist so might have put more on show. The whole thing seemed very concerned with not showing Hearts in any kind of negative light; obviously you don't want to piss off your subject matter but given the season they had it seemed to dance around the fringes too much and seemed very controlled.

I think the same thing happened with the Sunderland documentary. The 1st series was real warts and all stuff but the 2nd was far less revealing. The club had obviously learned lessons and whether by accident or design Hearts and the documentary makers seem to have adopted that cautious approach.

Col L
10-11-2020, 09:53 AM
I think the same thing happened with the Sunderland documentary. The 1st series was real warts and all stuff but the 2nd was far less revealing. The club had obviously learned lessons and whether by accident or design Hearts and the documentary makers seem to have adopted that cautious approach.

Totally agree. The first series of STID was really enjoyable, and quite cutting edge. The second series was watered-down p*ish in comparison.

I just hope there isn't a second series of the Hearts one!

WhileTheChief..
10-11-2020, 10:39 AM
The real drama is once COVID strikes.

2 episodes of Stendall losing and as many people as possible saying ‘it’s no fair’.

Ill be watching. Not even seen Tom English yet, he’s bound to have a starring role.

Everything about it is showing Hearts up to be small time and amateur. What’s not to like.

GreyJammies
10-11-2020, 11:21 AM
Haven't seen it yet.

Did anyone ask the questions and get the answers we are all dying to know?

What's it like to spend 30+ years in professional football and win nowt?

Where's your lips?

The Captain....
10-11-2020, 11:23 AM
The parts with Budge came over as completely stage managed - the bit where she (pretended) she goes round asking the office staff whats happening and one confused looking bloke replied "nothing" was priceless.

hibstag
10-11-2020, 12:07 PM

Locke nearly dropped into misogynist banter about comparisons with air hostesses and their female matchday reception team too. he also didn't elaborate on how he has gone from first team manager to showing hospitality guests around pre match. I liked the bit when he said I kick every ball that just like the 98 cup final...

The programme is sticking to their well worn positive spin narratives, clearly any references to their pursuit of Jack Ross or all the Barnsley side show around stendal didn't make the final cut, there is better materiel to come though with the failed new manager bounce (of which we had a part) , that squad 'rebuild' around releasing everyone that brokeback posters thought was ***** and the very public relieving of the captain duties from Christophe .

Biggie
10-11-2020, 12:09 PM
But, but, but they've got possibly the biggest dressing room in Scotland 🤢.....and don't all club execs have to walk across a muddy pitch?

100% they won't show hibs win there in dec, but will show their wins at ER....just hope they show off the new stand and the rain soaked press boxes, with the stairway to nowhere

EdinMike
10-11-2020, 12:16 PM
You kinda wish Channel 4 had made it instead. Krishnan Guru Murthy would have shown us a “Real” documentary!

Newry Hibs
10-11-2020, 12:34 PM
But, but, but they've got possibly the biggest dressing room in Scotland 🤢.....and don't all club execs have to walk across a muddy pitch?

100% they won't show hibs win there in dec, but will show their wins at ER....just hope they show off the new stand and the rain soaked press boxes, with the stairway to nowhere

They started it with a few games already played - including their first win at ER - with the 1-1 against the Huns.
There was also a shot of rain in the stands, but was too close to see where and which stand it was.

Seveno
10-11-2020, 03:49 PM
Just watched it and only two things stand out for me. Firstly, it is so boring. Secondly, the poor standard of finish in every part of that stadium.

overdrive
10-11-2020, 03:54 PM
I’m not sure Budge should be putting herself at risk in these covid times by going to the stadium. Given how out of breath she was just walking across the pitch and people having to ask her if she was ok, I don’t fancy her chances if she picks up covid.

I also liked the part where the assistant groundsman admitted to arguing with the fans.

Biggie
10-11-2020, 03:57 PM
I’m not sure Budge should be putting herself at risk in these covid times by going to the stadium. Given how out of breath she was just walking across the pitch and people having to ask her if she was ok, I don’t fancy her chances if she picks up covid.

I also liked the part where the assistant groundsman admitted to arguing with the fans.

Yeah, a real ambassador for hearts....I was waiting on a shpherds crook appearing and him disappearing off camera !

KDY Hibs
10-11-2020, 04:06 PM
Groundsman getting interviewed made me chuckle!

GreyJammies
10-11-2020, 04:30 PM

Groundskeeper Willy Grabber.

Sam Nicholsons mentor.

KDY Hibs
10-11-2020, 04:34 PM
Groundskeeper Willy Grabber.

Sam Nicholsons mentor.

😂😂😂

EI255
10-11-2020, 04:56 PM
Oh, damn. I forgot to watch it!

[emoji1787]

BILLYHIBS
10-11-2020, 05:15 PM

He wouldnae work for HIBS but maybe Aberdeen

A healthy commute ?

allyh1bs
10-11-2020, 05:25 PM
If we are hoping for a “Sunderland till I Die” style documentary we will likely be disappointed.

I’m expecting cheap looking and basic BBC Scotland filmed production that instead of really getting into the meat and bones of the club and the fiascos that coincided with their presence, it will likely be predominantly be lots of long monologues with Anne Budge sat in her office.

Will still be tuning in to the first one alright just in case it really is comedy gold.

Might be worth running a sweep to guess how early into the show Hibs get a mention.

You must have had a preview! You’ve summed it up in a nutshell.

The 90+2
10-11-2020, 05:27 PM
That was a hilarious moment :faf::faf:

He actually said that aye? 😂

Bishop Hibee
10-11-2020, 07:02 PM
It’s interesting the players who obviously wanted nothing to do with it. Also, Hearts training is the same as other Scottish clubs apparently. Do Hibs use a rented facility they can be stopped from using, train on Easter Road the day before a game and train in a junior pitch? The show is about as shallow as the Gorgie gene pool.

heretoday
11-11-2020, 07:48 AM
The groundsman was the standout! He should be promoted.

Naismith talks as though Hearts are the love of his life. I suppose he sees them as an extension of his charitable work.
He could probably buy the club if he wanted.

Danderhall Hibs
11-11-2020, 12:29 PM
The groundsman was the standout! He should be promoted.

Naismith talks as though Hearts are the love of his life. I suppose he sees them as an extension of his charitable work.
He could probably buy the club if he wanted.

I doubt it - he wouldn’t be able to afford his own wages.

Col2
11-11-2020, 12:37 PM
Boxing Day derby on the horizon for 2nd episode - we will get a better view on how much Budge and co influenced the final cut with how they handle that.

I remember the vitriol coming from above the tunnel at full time while the away end were celebrating!!! I recall someone has a video of it and one guy was saying “don’t look up, don’t you dare look up” with a level anger never seen before (suggesting they didn’t have the right to look up after that performance).

Yorkshire HFC
11-11-2020, 01:29 PM
I've just watched it - wasn't very impressed, and I'll have to be pretty bored to watch any more.

As others have said, no real insights into how Scottish football works. What stood out to me was that Budge didn't seem to have much of a team behind her - maybe it was just not shown, but she seemed very isolated.

I was hoping for more input from the players, on the training and seeing the players thoughts - but there wasn't much of that.

Franck Stanton
11-11-2020, 06:14 PM
Refused to watch it, ma telly box would explode if those child molesters appeared on it.
Who cares about them, waste of oxygen

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2020, 12:00 PM
Second instalment on tonight 9.00pm BBC Scotland

Any more for anymore?

:dunno:

hibbydog
16-11-2020, 12:59 PM
off work and bored, so I’ve got the first one on now.

Gary Locke is unbelievably thick. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t expect him to be Einstein, but I’ve still been surprised by his lack of intelligence, crass accent, middle aged wide boy demeanour and general bawbaggery.

calumhibee1
16-11-2020, 12:59 PM
Second instalment on tonight 9.00pm BBC Scotland

Any more for anymore?

:dunno:

Thought the first one was alright to be fair. Will probably give it a watch.

Carheenlea
16-11-2020, 01:17 PM
off work and bored, so I’ve got the first one on now.

Gary Locke is unbelievably thick. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t expect him to be Einstein, but I’ve still been surprised by his lack of intelligence, ****my accent, middle aged wide boy demeanour and general bawbaggery.

Nobody should be ashamed of their accent to be fair. Part of your identity and background and not everyone is going to speak like Graham Spiers.

Oscar T Grouch
16-11-2020, 01:24 PM
Tonights episode has their derby defeat at Tynie, Stendle taking them go karting and generally not understanding a lot and their world class signings that will keep them up. Tonight might be worth a watch just for the comedy value.

calumhibee1
16-11-2020, 01:29 PM
Tonights episode has their derby defeat at Tynie, Stendle taking them go karting and generally not understanding a lot and their world class signings that will keep them up. Tonight might be worth a watch just for the comedy value.

Should also contain him sacking off hearts and going home for Xmas.

Peevemor
16-11-2020, 01:31 PM
Should also contain him sacking off hearts and going home for Xmas.

Is that why he kept licking his lips?

Bostonhibby
16-11-2020, 01:33 PM
Is that why he kept licking his lips?Nah, that was because wetherspoons were opening in 15 minutes.

hibbydog
16-11-2020, 01:46 PM
Nobody should be ashamed of their accent to be fair. Part of your identity and background and not everyone is going to speak like Graham Spiers.

I agree. But I’d personally have toned down the ‘daft laddie standing outside a chip shop’ character if I was on TV.

Each to their own though

The Tubs
16-11-2020, 01:53 PM

Thank the Lord.

The 90+2
16-11-2020, 02:09 PM
I agree. But I’d personally have toned down the ‘daft laddie standing outside a chip shop’ character if I was on TV.

Each to their own though

He appeals to the flumps. He’s a good sidekick for Krusty Puss.

CMurdoch
16-11-2020, 02:10 PM
This tonight - BBC
U21's game v Greece tomorrow - SFA website
Full international v Israel on Wednesday - Stream
Dunfermline v Hearts on Friday - BBC
Hibs v Celtic game on Saturday - Hibs Pass
Rangers v Aberdeen on Sunday - Sky

Scottish Fitbaw fix req'd for Thursday

P.S. for those of you that have the hate for Hearts vou can watch the ladies match between Hibs and Celtic on BBC Alba on Friday night

EI255
16-11-2020, 05:54 PM
Still not watching this p'*h

Alfred E Newman
16-11-2020, 06:33 PM
I’d rather watch ma hoose burning down.

BILLYHIBS
16-11-2020, 06:40 PM
If they played a match on ma front lawn I would get up and close the curtains

Saying that if HIBS played a match on ma front lawn I would get up and close the curtains :greengrin

Rumble de Thump
16-11-2020, 07:35 PM
I suspect it will be another hour of random footage that tippy toes around the fact the season was a complete disaster for Hearts. Apparently Stendel will be giving someone from HR some flowers in this episode. Edge of the seat stuff :greengrin

Hibs4185
16-11-2020, 08:09 PM
Just watching the first episode.

They are so amateur it’s unbelievable. From the back office to the grounds man.

A championship setup for a championship team

16-11-2020, 08:10 PM
Hearts were better in both halves lol

Pretty Boy
16-11-2020, 08:32 PM
He appeals to the flumps. He’s a good sidekick for Krusty Puss.

David Brent with an Embra accent.

Since452
16-11-2020, 08:35 PM
I’d rather watch ma hoose burning down.

Can't bring myself to watch it either. I know it'll be comedy gold but can't stand watching anything to do with that rancid club