PDA

View Full Version : Gyle Hibs shop

Last Minute
27-10-2020, 10:45 AM
New Hibs shop opening soon in the Gyle. It’s opposite Marks and Spencer .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201027/bc16badc8cd27889154291a558a3809e.jpg

Since90+2
27-10-2020, 10:50 AM
New Hibs shop opening soon in the Gyle. It’s opposite Marks and Spencer .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised at that to be honest. Other clubs have tried retail outlets previously and it's never really worked. With the move further towards online I am surprised we are going down that route and at a shopping centre not exactly in its best years.

aljo7-0
27-10-2020, 10:51 AM
Yes - for the first time in my life I will be able to go to the Gyle with my wife without kicking and screaming. Always tried to get out of that but a bit of an incentive to go now https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANEAAP///729vVn/yAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh/sFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnJ0bHNvZnQuY29tL2FuaW1hZ2ljLwoKQ3J lYXRlZCB3aXRoIEFuaW1hZ2ljIEdJRiBWIDEuMjEKYnkgUmlna HQgdG8gTGVmdCBTb2Z0d2FyZSBJbmMuCgpUbyBzdXBwcmVzcyB 0aGlzIG1lc3NhZ2UgaW4gdGhlIHJlZ2lzdGVyZWQgdmVyc2lvb gp1bmNoZWNrICJPcHRpb25zIHwgQW5pbWFnaWMgY29tbWVudCB mcmFtZSIKACH5BAkeAAEALAAAAAAPAA8AAAI6jD2Zx5EC4WIjW nmqeFIPtElh GnX SiqulUDALyw7LozHM/tdveuw5PlfsAWjvMBtRQYiqnTyKgaBQAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOYw9mceRAuFiI1p5qnhbbtSF3OB cplQpqrqlADC88Ju6M023G86nZRzD Uot2SiDUmAomsik4VA1CgAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOow9mceRAuFiI1p5qnhSD7RJYfh p1/koqrpVAwC8sOy6MxzP7Xb3rsOT5X7AFo7zAbUUGIqp08ioGgUA IfkECR4AAQAsAAAAAA8ADwAAAjqMPZnHkQLhYkM8WcfJ0nbtRK KoVeNpZcqqpBYADHAMqy9d166M41ko49F odTsAiqyJI1LZNJwrBoFACH5BAkeAAEALAAAAAAPAA8AAAI6jD 2Zx5EC4WIjWnmqeFIPtElh GnX SiqulUDALyw7LozHM/tdveuw5PlfsAWjvMBtRQYiqnTyKgaBQAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOow9mceRAuFiQzxZx8nSdu1Eoqh V42llyqqkFgAMcAyrL13XrozjWSjj0X6h1OwCKrIkjUtk0nCsG gUAIfkECR4AAQAsAAAAAA8ADwAAAjqMPZnHkQLhYiNaeap4Ug 0SWH4adf5KKq6VQMAvLDsujMcz 12967Dk V wBaO8wG1FBiKqdPIqBoFADs=

Peevemor
27-10-2020, 10:52 AM
Maybe a short term thing for Christmas?

Jones28
27-10-2020, 10:53 AM
Maybe a short term thing for Christmas?

That was my thinking too. Seems mad to open a store long term in the current climate.

Steven79
27-10-2020, 10:54 AM
Surprised at that to be honest. Other clubs have tried retail outlets previously and it's never really worked. With the move further towards online I am surprised we are going down that route and at a shopping centre not exactly in its best years.

Possibly got it cheap due to the current situation.

I assume it's at the Gyle so people that don't live in Edinburgh or the West side can more easily purchase Hibs stuff rather than going through the City.

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2020, 10:57 AM
Lots of Sale items online just now defo worth a looksee and pick them up in store

:thumbsup:

callumwatt32
27-10-2020, 10:57 AM
Maybe a short term thing for Christmas?Yeah it's until around the end of January.

The Gyle's Facebook page were advertising jobs to work in the store a few weeks back and they said it was just temporary.

Stairway 2 7
27-10-2020, 11:33 AM
Braw, hope it leaves a bitter taste when the jambos have to look at it next week after getting tucked away by us

matty_f
27-10-2020, 11:40 AM
It's a good idea - a pop up shop in what will still likely be a busy location in the lead up to Christmas.

Obviously hope Hibs do well out of it.

Peevemor
27-10-2020, 11:45 AM
Yeah it's until around the end of January.

The Gyle's Facebook page were advertising jobs to work in the store a few weeks back and they said it was just temporary.

It's a good idea - a pop up shop in what will still likely be a busy location in the lead up to Christmas.

Obviously hope Hibs do well out of it.

Given that people aren't currently going to the stadium/shop, it makes sense to have an outlet in the West of the city.

Keith_M
27-10-2020, 12:08 PM
I'll definitely be popping in for some Xmas presents the next time I'm passing the Gyle.

:thumbsup:

JOD
27-10-2020, 12:21 PM
Possibly got it cheap due to the current situation.

I assume it's at the Gyle so people that don't live in Edinburgh or the West side can more easily purchase Hibs stuff rather than going through the City.spot on.
I live in Larbert and it is only 20 mins down the motorway 👍

hfcok
27-10-2020, 12:22 PM
Brilliant, 💚, hopefully opening soon.

Lendo
27-10-2020, 12:48 PM
Great idea, no harm and zero risk really. Hopefully it generates a tidy wee income for a few months.

Would still love to see a small store or stand at Edinburgh Airport, think it would do well with tourists especially over the festival.

WhileTheChief..
27-10-2020, 12:49 PM
Anyone been to the Gyle recently?

Are there still lots of empty units or has it got some decent retailers back in yet? Was good way back when it opened.

SteveHFC
27-10-2020, 01:22 PM
Anyone been to the Gyle recently?

Are there still lots of empty units or has it got some decent retailers back in yet? Was good way back when it opened.

Was there on Sunday with the other half and it had quite a few empty units.

davhibby
27-10-2020, 01:23 PM
Great idea, no harm and zero risk really. Hopefully it generates a tidy wee income for a few months.

Would still love to see a small store or stand at Edinburgh Airport, think it would do well with tourists especially over the festival.

Hopefully with the club doing things like this they’ll have some ideas of things like that for the festival next year. Always seems a missed opportunity

EI255
27-10-2020, 01:23 PM
Good to have a shop in the West of Edinburgh [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
27-10-2020, 01:32 PM
Was there on Sunday with the other half and it had quite a few empty units.

I

It’s really empty just now, hope Hibs have negotiated free rent, but take the rates liability for the 2 months
It looks like they are in the shop, around where Eden.Mill were last Xmas

.Sean.
27-10-2020, 01:34 PM
Hopefully get one at Edinburgh airport. Last time I was there the sports shop was full of Liverpool, Barcelona kits etc

Gloucester Hibs
27-10-2020, 01:40 PM
Hopefully get one at Edinburgh airport. Last time I was there the sports shop was full of Liverpool, Barcelona kits etc

Always thought this would be worth trialling, possibly even in collaboration with Hearts. Perhaps the cost to rent a unit at the airport would be outside our reach though.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2020, 01:42 PM
That was my thinking too. Seems mad to open a store long term in the current climate.

unless through a bit of negotiation regarding potential the crowd draw / rent balance was worth it. Like said I’d assume just for Christmas although I’ve long thought that Hibs/Hearts/Scottish & Embra rugby should all have a presence central-ish and spread the cost / reduce risk. Why not have pop up presence in Princes street near the gardens with shuttle buses selling tickets and running folks to the match?

Dr What If?
27-10-2020, 01:54 PM
Always thought this would be worth trialling, possibly even in collaboration with Hearts. Perhaps the cost to rent a unit at the airport would be outside our reach though.
.....or (and) Edinburgh Rugby? Either way an alternative to Easter Road (which is well out the way for a number of us) is a great idea. I know when Hearts went with a shop in the St James Centre it failed badly so maybe there is an argument that a one club only store is not a long term goer but it would be nice to have somewhere to get Hibs stuff that (unless there is a game on) is in a more easily accessible part of town.

Ozyhibby
27-10-2020, 02:26 PM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1321104368234459140?s=21

I’m loving the fact that we seem to have at long last awoken our commercial department.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latapy'sVolley
27-10-2020, 03:24 PM
Hopefully with the club doing things like this they’ll have some ideas of things like that for the festival next year. Always seems a missed opportunity

Always thought the same. Tourists love buying merch, and when the city doubles in population in August, it seems like we should be taking advantage of that by sticking it under their noses with a central Hibs retail unit, and maybe picking up some fans long term off the back of it.

Irish_Steve
27-10-2020, 07:19 PM

Rents are horrendous at the airport - that's why a bottle of water is so extortionate (that and they have a captive market - or used to!)

Northernhibee
28-10-2020, 08:40 AM

Wouldn’t the never ending bake sale on their side of the store lead to crumbs all over our stock though?

jacomo
28-10-2020, 08:51 AM
Good to have a shop in the West of Edinburgh [emoji6]

I think we own this city?

Wembley67
28-10-2020, 09:06 AM
Gyle is undergoing a massive expansion so will be interesting to see if we end up getting a space permanently.

Wembley67
28-10-2020, 09:11 AM

Absolutely, call it Edinburgh Sport and whack in everything sporty that's to do with our fair city along with a spattering of Andy Murray stuff!

speedy_gonzales
28-10-2020, 09:23 AM
Gyle is undergoing a massive expansion so will be interesting to see if we end up getting a space permanently.

Is this definitely happening?
Over recent years, there was talk of an extension housing a large Primark then a cinema but was vetoed on both counts by M&S who have an enhanced voice within the Gyle due to them being original tenants???

Billy Whizz
28-10-2020, 09:52 AM
Over recent years, there was talk of an extension housing a large Primark then a cinema but was vetoed on both counts by M&S who have an enhanced voice within the Gyle due to them being original tenants???

I had a unit in the Gyle for 10 years. They tried to get Primark in but M&S booted it out
Gyle have plans for a cinema etc, plans should be submitted soon, but whether the owner has enough money to pay for it, is another thing

CapitalGreen
28-10-2020, 09:59 AM
I had a unit in the Gyle for 10 years. They tried to get Primark in but M&S booted it out
Gyle have plans for a cinema etc, plans should be submitted soon, but whether the owner has enough money to pay for it, is another thing

Plans were in front of planning committee recently and were not approved. I imagine they’ll be amended and re-submitted for approval though.

Wembley67
28-10-2020, 10:08 AM

I'm guessing so, although who knows what's going with development these days!

Billy Whizz
28-10-2020, 01:33 PM
Went past it this afternoon, wasn’t open and was getting stocked up inside
Oops just read it opens tomorrow,Thursday

EI255
28-10-2020, 08:36 PM
Might just pop along one Saturday on the lead up to Xmas, just to see and hear the hissing Poppy thieves as they drag their ugly coupons past our glorious West Edinburgh shop.

Dream on Jumbos. Ye cannae afford such shops [emoji1787]

EI255
28-10-2020, 08:37 PM
Gyle have plans for a cinema etc, plans should be submitted soon, but whether the owner has enough money to pay for it, is another thingHighly unlikely anyone will want to open a cinema in the current climate.

GRA
28-10-2020, 09:26 PM
Good stuff I'm only about a 20 minute walk from the Gyle so thats my Christmas shopping sorted 😁

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2020, 10:35 PM
The Gyle was hugely disappointing from day one in my opinion, expansion will probably never happen now either as they can’t fill what units they have.

Scott Allan Key
28-10-2020, 11:38 PM
.....or (and) Edinburgh Rugby? Either way an alternative to Easter Road (which is well out the way for a number of us) is a great idea. I know when Hearts went with a shop in the St James Centre it failed badly so maybe there is an argument that a one club only store is not a long term goer but it would be nice to have somewhere to get Hibs stuff that (unless there is a game on) is in a more easily accessible part of town.I heard they ran out of Hearts embossed bog roll.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

KdyHby
30-10-2020, 04:25 PM
Went in today, it was relatively busy, I had to wait in a queue of four to make my purchases. It was great for the convenience to get to, and was next to Starbucks at the M&S end of the centre.

Nakedmanoncrack
31-10-2020, 12:25 AM
Went in today, it was relatively busy, I had to wait in a queue of four to make my purchases. It was great for the convenience to get to, and was next to Starbucks at the M&S end of the centre.

Yes, had forgot it was opening so was a pleasant surprise to brighten up another boring afternoon at the shops, couldn't resist a look around.
Not a huge amount of stock, but was certainly busier than I might have expected.

Man Down Under
31-10-2020, 02:16 AM
People who visit with their wives for Christmas. Found the target market, probs cheap to rent space there just now

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

Currie Hibee
31-10-2020, 06:05 AM
Went in yesterday and picked up a strip for the wee mans birthday. No printing available but can get that done at a later date at ER. Saved me travelling across town so a big 👍 from me. It was fairly busy and can only see it getting busier leading up to Xmas.

w pilton hibby
01-10-2021, 08:52 AM
Pop-up shop re-opens at the Gyle today

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/pop-up-shop-re-opens-in-the-gyle

Hibiza
01-10-2021, 10:34 AM
Is the pub / bar still upstairs ? Took me years to encounter it after many gruelling sessions of shopping.

Lancs Harp
01-10-2021, 08:48 PM

Barca shirts not shifting presently.:wink:

Scouse Hibee
02-10-2021, 01:20 AM
Is the pub / bar still upstairs ? Took me years to encounter it after many gruelling sessions of shopping.

Long gone.

Just Alf
02-10-2021, 02:23 PM
Long gone.Used to 'happily' go shopping there with the boss... once we'd done the food shopping I disappeared upstairs while she pottered about to her hearts content... then she drove us home... both happy.

The bar closing was the last time we went for longer shopping trips... nowadays its for a specific shop/item then away again.