PDA

View Full Version : Is there one Hibs goal that sticks in your memory?

Alfiembra
26-10-2020, 08:14 AM
I guess for many of us the goals on 21.05.2016 will be the most popular and recent.

But apart from that is there one particular goal that you can remember more than any other?

For me it was Joe Harper against Liverpool in Europe at ER. I can’t explain why it’s that one but it’s ingrained in me. I can see Arthur Duncan beating his man and crossing the ball from the from the old enclosure side and Harper sliding in to put it in the net. Never really took to Harper as a player for Hibs but I cannot think of another goal that is such a vivid memory.

Do you have a favourite that you always recall?

Bostonhibby
26-10-2020, 08:21 AM
Hard one as quite a few Tornadoes goals spring to mind.

I was in the upper West for that Harper goal and still remember it too.

I'm going for Stokes first goal against Sevco at Hampden in the cup final, was high above and on the same side as he cut in from, knew in advance something special was on as the sevco defence backed off.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

hibby rae
26-10-2020, 08:28 AM
Kenny Miller against Hearts in the Millenium Derby, it was the first one I attended. The reason that one sticks out more than the other two goals is because it was in front of the away fans.

Also Murph and Benji's against St Johnstone in extra time in 2007.

And Brown scoring a diving header against Celtic in a 2-1. Everyone in the ground knew he was going there soon but he was MoM that day and gave everything for Hibs, very professional. Would love to see highlights of that one but haven't been able to find any.

Those are some. SDG against that Greek team too. Great come back and great atmosphere

Viva_Palmeiras
26-10-2020, 08:35 AM
Archie-Goal busting the Tynie Jinx (well one of them!)

Sparky hitting the fourth against Falkirk - the football Gods we’re smiling on us that second half.

Tommy McIntyre slotting home the penalty against Dunfermline - what a release of tension.

But if it’s one and only one it will forever be SDG for the absolute joy and meaning. Everything changed in that moment.

However on reflection that Goal by Deeks in the derby 35 yards v Gordon - was right behind it that on the day with my God son.

DH1875
26-10-2020, 08:36 AM
I've no idea why, it's very random but the goal that always comes to mind is a Joe Tortolano thunder bolt from outside the box away to Falkirk at the old Brockville. I'm sure it's gotten even better with age but thing about it is, we lost the game so no idea why it's stuck with me for so long.

MWHIBBIES
26-10-2020, 08:41 AM
Keatings against Falkirk at home. Essentially sealed promotion and got Falkirk off our backs.

Phil MaGlass
26-10-2020, 08:47 AM
Keith Wright v huns, LC semi final. When he jumped to head the ball, it seemed everything stood still. Magical moment.

jeffers
26-10-2020, 08:48 AM
Paul Hanson’s equaliser at Tynecastle in the 2-2 cup game. When they went 2-0 up I thought here we go again. The scenes when his shot went in both fans and players alike I will never forget. I’ve even got a photo of the the players celebrating in front of us on my “cup” wall.

mim
26-10-2020, 08:49 AM
Bobby Duncan from 130 yards against Dino Zoff's Napoli. :greengrin
4-1 down from the first leg against a quality outfit, we needed something special and Duncan's howitzer was the prelude to one of the greatest comebacks in European football. :agree:

hibees 7062
26-10-2020, 09:11 AM
https://youtu.be/SUaN2f-sUxI?t=21

Tollhouse Hibee
26-10-2020, 09:13 AM
I've no idea why, it's very random but the goal that always comes to mind is a Joe Tortolano thunder bolt from outside the box away to Falkirk at the old Brockville. I'm sure it's gotten even better with age but thing about it is, we lost the game so no idea why it's stuck with me for so long.

i was in the toilet and missed it - doh....................

Tollhouse Hibee
26-10-2020, 09:14 AM
Keith Wright v huns, LC semi final. When he jumped to head the ball, it seemed everything stood still. Magical moment.

its definitely right up there - with the look on gorams face as keith keith keith rose and the ball floated over him into the net...................

Liberal Hibby
26-10-2020, 09:15 AM
Ally McLeod's twice taken free kick v Dundee in the late 70s.

Pagan Hibernia
26-10-2020, 09:18 AM
The winner at Tynecastle in 94 that broke 22 in a row

also, Horgans second at Tynecastle was a thing of beauty

Since452
26-10-2020, 09:20 AM
Barry Lavety's opener in the derby at Easter Road in 98. Needed a win to keep alive our slim hopes of staying up.
Harper's winner was better but it's Lavety's goal I remember. I was only 14 but remember the east stand was utter bedlam

ChilliEater
26-10-2020, 09:20 AM

I was describing that goal to my older son just a couple of weeks ago. In my, vivid, memory of it, he was about 4 or 5 yards inside the Falkirk half when he casually walked towards a headed clearance and smacked it on the volley without breaking stride. I then found it in a YouTube compilation of Joe Tortolano highlights (yes, such a think exists) and he's actually only just outside the box. It's still a spectacular strike though.

One for the over and under rated thread really, but I thought Joe was really talented, but inconsistent, and would have been far more fondly remembered if he'd played all his football for us in an attacking role. As an, old-fashioned inside left I reckon he was superb.

BILLYHIBS
26-10-2020, 09:23 AM
Keatings against Falkirk at home. Essentially sealed promotion and got Falkirk off our backs.
Almost Messiesque in its execution :greengrin

You just knew the League was won

Newcastlehibby
26-10-2020, 09:36 AM
League match at home against who I can’t remember but the opposing keeper came out, kicked the ball up to the halfway line. Peter Cormack trapped it and sent it straight back over the keeper’s head into the back of the net. Glorious.

The 90+2
26-10-2020, 09:38 AM
A goal that stands out for not much reason for me is Stephen Dobbie against Rangers at Hampden really soon after he came on to equalise.

I didn't think for a minute it would happen as nothing was going for us in that game and was about 10 mins left.

Killiehibbie
26-10-2020, 09:56 AM

Even better that Goram punched the ball to Weir

1van Sprou7e
26-10-2020, 10:10 AM
Simon Murray vs hearts

Tom Hart RIP
26-10-2020, 10:21 AM
4-1 down from the first leg against a quality outfit, we needed something special and Duncan's howitzer was the prelude to one of the greatest comebacks in European football. :agree:

Mine too. What a night

Bishop Hibee
26-10-2020, 10:22 AM
Gordon Hunter volley from a corner down the slope v St Mirren. We won 4-3 after being 1-3 down. It’d been a crap season and the East Terrace went mad at the winner.

The 90+2
26-10-2020, 10:32 AM
What was the game Boruc made two mental mistakes against us (not even the squiggler one) sure Caldwell got booked for being a twat in front of us in the east too?

heidtheba
26-10-2020, 10:34 AM
Gordon Hunter v them - right in front of me, second game for me at Tynie and an amazing feeling after (and this was mainly picked up from the other Hibees as I'd only started watching the year before).
Danny Lennon v Sheep - Crunchie was my favourite player and I thought we'd found ourselves a second Crunchie in that game.

Brightside
26-10-2020, 10:35 AM
Hanlon @ Tynie.

stantonhibby
26-10-2020, 10:36 AM
What was the game Boruc made two mental mistakes against us (not even the squiggler one) sure Caldwell got booked for being a twat in front of us in the east too?

Shiels last minute goal from Boruc fumbling a Zemmamma shoy i think? Same game as Fletcher scored a trundler that Boruc missed.

Northernhibee
26-10-2020, 10:39 AM
Sean O’Hanlon’s two goals vs Aberdeen at Pittodrie. He was a terrible defender no doubt but he had an absolute stormer that night and if he’d consistently been like that he’d have been player of the season, he was that good.

I also remember hearing he was a bit of a tosser and was struck by Leigh not celebrating with him but with two other players further down the touch line.

Frazerbob
26-10-2020, 10:42 AM
Other than the cup wins.......

Joe McBride’s free kick at Tynie
Darren Jackson at Anderlecht
Chic Charnley against Celtic

The 90+2
26-10-2020, 10:43 AM
Shiels last minute goal from Boruc fumbling a Zemmamma shoy i think? Same game as Fletcher scored a trundler that Boruc missed.

Just found it and you're right. Hong Kong Theiry scored for us also. 3-2 we won. That game had everything :greengrin Browns first game back at ER (Caldwell too and he scored).

kentao
26-10-2020, 11:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMOg0n_rVnA

Zemmama raking 40 yard pass to Tony Stokes playing keepie uppie in The Rangers box before lobbing the keeper.
ridiculous ability all round and superb finish.

CloudSquall
26-10-2020, 11:14 AM
John O'Neill's goal vs Hearts in a 1-1 draw at Tynie while Sauzee was in charge, my first derby at Tynie, bodies flying everywhere.

Broken Gnome
26-10-2020, 11:28 AM
Eoin Doyle to make it 3-3 against Falkirk.

And time stopped when O'Connor put us 2-0 up in the unbeatable derby.

Carheenlea
26-10-2020, 11:31 AM
Paul Kane’s deft glancing header to put us two up and seal the victory in the Tennents Sixes Final is forever etched on the mind.

JeMeSouviens
26-10-2020, 11:39 AM
There are loads of memorable Hibs goals but in terms of one where I can see the play unfolding in my mind's eye: Darren Jackson's winner in the 1993 league cup semi vs Dundee United at Tiny. I was behind the goal at the School end and it travelled off his boot directly in line with me to the back of the net. Perfect timing, he didn't even look like he struck it that hard but it went in sweet as a nut.

Edit - found it on youtube https://youtu.be/P6bSX0hfkXE?t=63

7-Heaven
26-10-2020, 11:40 AM

This is my one too, but I don't think Bobby was as close to the goal as that :)

BarneyBreslin
26-10-2020, 11:51 AM

45 seconds in

https://youtu.be/RCoMY0UhFiQ

Seveno
26-10-2020, 11:55 AM
Jimmy O’Rourke on 9/12/72 in the Scottish League Cup Final from a cross delivered by the majestic Pat Stanton was always my favourite until SDG killed that hoodoo.

MWHIBBIES
26-10-2020, 11:56 AM
Eoin Doyle to make it 3-3 against Falkirk.

And time stopped when O'Connor put us 2-0 up in the unbeatable derby.

Aye, that O'Connor one. Place was silent in the time between control and shot. Then absolutely chaos.

Billy Whizz
26-10-2020, 11:58 AM
Tam McManus late winner at Killie in the Scottish Cup 1/4 Final in the late 90’s
We were under the cosh that day, think Mixu ended up playing at centre back

Mibbes Aye
26-10-2020, 12:06 PM
Chic Charnley against Alloa. I was with one of my mates in the East and we didn’t even celebrate at first, we just turned and looked at each other, speechless, but in a “Did you just see that” sort of way

Peevemor
26-10-2020, 12:14 PM
Archibald at Tynie
then - Keith Wright's header against the huns in the league cup semi
then GO'C's goal in the "we only need 10 men" derby.

Keith_M
26-10-2020, 12:15 PM
I realise it's a bit random but, the goal Tony Higgins scored in my first ever Hibs v Rangers game.

I suppose it sticks in my mind for both the quality of the goal and it being the first time I'd ever watched us play Der Hun... plus the fact we won it 2-1, and George Best was playing for us as well ;-)

The goal is at about 1:30 in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV3p4UIot4w

Hiber-nation
26-10-2020, 12:15 PM
Every time I think of one it's already been mentioned, there are so many.

How about Griffiths winner at Hampden in the 4-3 v Falkirk. Utterly ridiculous, one of these "wake me up" moments.

spike220
26-10-2020, 12:19 PM

Yep this was pretty special and Keith's is my number one too!
Second favourte that SDG Goal.
Third was Malonga v Aberdeen.
Fourth that sloppy poke across the ground by Hanlon V hearts to secure the draw.
Fifth Stokes opener v the Huns in SC final.
Sixth GoC in the derby

thebakerboy
26-10-2020, 12:47 PM
So many great goals mentioned here and I loved them all and I have at least 1 not mentioned Joe Bakers diving header against Hearts when he scored 4 , best part being that he told me he didnt head it he punched it in EVEN BETTER. Next was Bobby Duncan against Dino Zoff from 150 yards. Keith Wrights was special as well in LC semi.
But for me perhaps for his whole performance that day after Gordon Rae got sent off was Steve Archiegoal against them at tynie. He played up on his own and had their defence in a panic every time we cleared the ball from defence he was there for it and then he scored fantastic. At the end of the game he was only Hibs player in their half and the whole Hibs team ran up to him.

Sammy7nil
26-10-2020, 12:56 PM
Ally McLeod's twice taken free kick v Dundee in the late 70s.

That was superb.

Hunter breaking the Hearts run at Tynecastle
Benji against Hearts when he tried to run to the Hearts fans
Latapy No 6 against Hearts

There appears to be a pattern

So to break that Rob Jones in the cup final with snow swirling around.

matty_f
26-10-2020, 12:57 PM
Archie-Goal busting the Tynie Jinx (well one of them!)

Sparky hitting the fourth against Falkirk - the football Gods we’re smiling on us that second half.

Tommy McIntyre slotting home the penalty against Dunfermline - what a release of tension.

But if it’s one and only one it will forever be SDG for the absolute joy and meaning. Everything changed in that moment.

However on reflection that Goal by Deeks in the derby 35 yards v Gordon - was right behind it that on the day with my God son.

Keith Wright's in the Skol Cup Final will always stick with me. There was bedlam when that went in. :agree:

HiBremian
26-10-2020, 12:59 PM
https://youtu.be/SUaN2f-sUxI?t=21

This is right up there for me too, but oddly it’s Mixu’s wee flick that stays in the memory. Gentle, casual, delicate, beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CloudSquall
26-10-2020, 01:04 PM
Benji against Hearts when he tried to run to the Hearts fans

If only Zibby had made the same effort to save shots as he did when he bolted to stop Benji from reaching them.

Vault Boy
26-10-2020, 01:10 PM
Ross Caldwell's winner against Hearts. The single most composed finish I have ever seen from a Hibs player. I've still no idea how he managed to make it seem so easy.

The other Hibs goal from that game wasn't bad either.

BILLYHIBS
26-10-2020, 01:15 PM
First goal I ever saw HIBS score

1968 HIBS 0-1 down versus English Champions Leeds United at Easter Road from the first leg

Colin Stein bursts clear of his jail masters Norman ‘bites yer legs’ Hunter and Jackie ‘Giraffe neck’ Charlton after 5 minutes at a slight angle from goal manages to loft the ball over the advancing Gary Sprake into the unguarded pokey 1-1 Game on !

Been hooked ever since

delbert
26-10-2020, 01:25 PM

Just like the above, my only visit to the old Dumbarton ground at Boghead saw us take a right hammering, we lost 4-1, but the header that Alan Gordon scored that day, I can still see it clear as day, it was like he was angry with how badly we were playing and when it came off his head about 10 yards out as he really attacked the cross, the ball went in like a rocket, to this day I have never seen a header go in with so much power.

Sudds_1
26-10-2020, 01:26 PM
I guess for many of us the goals on 21.05.2016 will be the most popular and recent.

But apart from that is there one particular goal that you can remember more than any other?

For me it was Joe Harper against Liverpool in Europe at ER. I can’t explain why it’s that one but it’s ingrained in me. I can see Arthur Duncan beating his man and crossing the ball from the from the old enclosure side and Harper sliding in to put it in the net. Never really took to Harper as a player for Hibs but I cannot think of another goal that is such a vivid memory.

Do you have a favourite that you always recall?

Joe baker at ER against the sheep on his return. Flashing white boots and a big grin on his face as he stroked it home!😁😁

The 90+2
26-10-2020, 01:28 PM
Tam McManus late winner at Killie in the Scottish Cup 1/4 Final in the late 90’s

Great shout. I thought the stand was going to collapse with the scenes.

Saint Hibee
26-10-2020, 01:38 PM
Gary Deegan screamer against Aberdeen in an otherwise dire match sticks in my mind.

JohnMcM
26-10-2020, 02:55 PM
I've seen bucket loads of goals from Hibs that stick in my memory. One of the earliest was Bobby Duncan's opening goal for us in that great comeback against Napoli. He beat the great Dino Zoff from near on the the right side of the half way line, up the hill. :greengrin

Jones28
26-10-2020, 03:13 PM
Several random ones that didn't have much significance.

Riordan FK against Falkirk away, 3-1 win sent us top of the league I think. My mates and I pooled about £50 for a Hibs win at the bookies; first away day with pals too, G-star denim everywhere.

SteveHFC
26-10-2020, 03:22 PM
Several random ones that didn't have much significance.

Riordan FK against Falkirk away, 3-1 win sent us top of the league I think. My mates and I pooled about £50 for a Hibs win at the bookies; first away day with pals too, G-star denim everywhere.

Real fashion. :agree:

SteveHFC
26-10-2020, 03:24 PM

Was only 8 at the time at that game. Did we not take a big crowd that day.

Hermit Crab
26-10-2020, 03:40 PM
Riordan volley at Tynecastle in a 2-1 defeat. Quite possibly the cleanest, hardest, crispest shot I've ever seen from a Hibs player. How it didn't burst the net I'll never know. Unbelievable strike.

bigwheel
26-10-2020, 04:29 PM

One of my favourite goals too ...rose like a salmon. Full away end too. Magic !

1959 Hibby
26-10-2020, 04:42 PM
Two from the seventies for me: Pat Stanton’s last gasp equaliser at Tynecastle in 75 and our third goal iin the space of eight minutes) in the 76 new year derby

Toldo123
26-10-2020, 04:53 PM

Zemmama raking 40 yard pass to Tony Stokes playing keepie uppie in The Rangers box before lobbing the keeper.
ridiculous ability all round and superb finish.This was very special

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Seveno
26-10-2020, 04:57 PM
I've seen bucket loads of goals from Hibs that stick in my memory. One of the earliest was Bobby Duncan's opening goal for us in that great comeback against Napoli. He beat the great Dino Zoff from near on the the right side of the half way line, up the hill. :greengrin

As soon as that goal went in, to make it 2-4 on aggregate, you just knew we were going to beat them.

The 90+2
26-10-2020, 05:06 PM
Was only 8 at the time at that game. Did we not take a big crowd that day.

Aye, sold out the whole end and some over at the other stand. See my comment on thinking the stand was going to collapse. :greengrin

DH1875
26-10-2020, 07:11 PM
45 seconds in

https://youtu.be/RCoMY0UhFiQ

Nice one :aok:

Smartie
26-10-2020, 07:20 PM
I remember Davie Farrell scoring a raker very early on against Aberdeen at Easter Road. We can’t have scored many earlier in that, we were only seconds in.

I also remember Theo Snelders letting a howler in through his legs in the same goal.

Might even have been the same game, but I can just picture them both now.

Non - Hibs one - first goal I ever saw at Hampden was Davie Cooper’s free kick in the 1987 (?) League Cup final. My mate’s dad used to get a batch of tickets for the cup finals and take a load of us through. It was quite early on, we’d arrived late and I remember making a pile of panini sticker albums that I could stand on to almost see. What a goal that was. I can also picture that one just like it was yesterday, being up at the North East of the ground on the open terracing.

I’ve had a few experiences up that end of the ground since then.

Eyrie
26-10-2020, 07:32 PM
For some reason I remember this one by Archibald (1:25 in) as a cleaner strike that it was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqFqi-RAzWU

FilipinoHibs
26-10-2020, 08:25 PM
One of my favourite goals too ...rose like a salmon. Full away end too. Magic !

Yes a worthwhile trip. Remember Killie fans wishing us all the best after the game, hoping we beat the old firm.

Frazerbob
26-10-2020, 08:32 PM
For some reason I remember this one by Archibald (1:25 in) as a cleaner strike that it was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqFqi-RAzWU

Remember that game as though it was last week. No way we’d get away with early penalty claim these days!

TelaStella
26-10-2020, 09:10 PM
Wee Louie’s winner at Ibrox would have to be a worthy shout. Additionally, Farid El Alagui scoring the winner against that mob sticks out a lot from that same season for a few reasons. It was the game after they had just been confirmed champions and our ground was to be the party venue, oh well.

We were superb that day and while it may not go down in our folklore for years to come, you still won’t find many more convincing derby performances than that day and amazingly it only finished 2-0, phenomenal. I think that was finally the day we bought into the belief we were only at the start of something great, the events of the following 3 seasons speak for themselves. Not to mention the fact we were seriously overdue a win against them that season, bossing the 3/4 that campaign.

Farid should of achieved much more with Hibs and having been lucky to meet him on a couple of occasions only he knows that better than anyone but football can often be a cruel game. On that occasion it was his home return after what always felt like an eternity of injury. It really couldn’t of happened for a better guy than him.

When I last spoke with Farid, between the two of us it wasn’t myself who couldn’t shut up about Hibs. The passion he carries for the club is amazing, loves the team, loves the city and sees himself as a right certified gadgie now.

Couldn’t find the full highlights but here’s a clip of his winner for anyone needing to refresh the memories https://youtu.be/bIS-oJoNNvU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
26-10-2020, 09:12 PM
I think it was 1967 and against Dunfermline at Easter Road. Peter Cormack scoring from the half way line shooting towards the 'cave' I was in the east terracing and knew that it was on target as soon as it left his boot.

darwenhibby
26-10-2020, 09:34 PM
Eddie May and Kano’s goals in the first half of the derby October 1987
Great atmosphere that Day

Northernhibee
26-10-2020, 09:35 PM
Spoony’s goal in December 2012 stands out too.

jacomo
26-10-2020, 09:46 PM

Was this the derby? If so I agree!

Freezing night, me and my brother had taken an American friend to his first Scottish football match. In fact, his first ever association football game.

He loved the atmosphere and banter but was less enamoured with the huffy puffy action on the pitch. Then Wotherspoon scuttles up the wing below us in the East and - bam! - a winner completely out of kilter with the overall quality of the match.

Northernhibee
26-10-2020, 09:48 PM
Was this the derby? If so I agree!

Freezing night, me and my brother had taken an American friend to his first Scottish football match. In fact, his first ever association football game.

He loved the atmosphere and banter but was less enamoured with the huffy puffy action on the pitch. Then Wotherspoon scuttles up the wing below us in the East and - bam! - a winner completely out of kilter with the overall quality of the match.

That’s the one 🙂

uwxm07
26-10-2020, 10:03 PM
Pat Stanton 94 mins at the bus shelter leaps like a salmon and bullet forehead into to right hand top corner to get a 1-1 draw . Standing at the opposite end and the place erupted !
Bus got bricked on the way back

SaulGoodman
26-10-2020, 10:09 PM
Benji’s first to make it 2-0 in the League Cup Final, I was 12 and after being used to Hibs letting me down in cup games it was the first time in my life up to that point when I thought “Oh wow, we’re going to do this!”

B.H.F.C
26-10-2020, 10:29 PM
David Gray in Brondby. As mental a goal celebration as you’ll ever see.

John McGinn at Ibrox. As clean a strike as you’ll ever see. Was right behind it and it was in from the moment it left his foot.

Magpie
26-10-2020, 10:47 PM
Lewis Stevenson goal at Ibrox. Mental scenes, don’t think he quite knew how he scored either.

Our really early goal against Rangers at ER too when Zemmama and Stokes linked up.

Michael
26-10-2020, 11:03 PM
Brown's diving header in his last game for us.

libernian
26-10-2020, 11:34 PM
Not sure if anyone remembers pat mcginley scoring an overhead v Motherwell...? Looked great from the east but on seeing highlights wondered if he actually meant to aim the other way. Just found video of it and its actually not as great as I remember afterall haha, though still very good...

Also barry lavety in 2-2 derby as said earlier, watched from the east. Although hibs weren't a great team then, I found the football experience much better back then..

Kevin Thomson dribbling against celtic after celtic beat man united I think just before..

Also both Agathe goals v dundee in the 5-1 game

libernian
26-10-2020, 11:38 PM

Was that a header from a free kick into box? That one sticks out for me too actually

jgl07
26-10-2020, 11:59 PM
John O'Neill's goal vs Hearts in a 1-1 draw at Tynie while Sauzee was in charge, my first derby at Tynie, bodies flying everywhere.

It was John O'Neil.

Not to be confused with Michael O'Neill!

There was a John O'Neill who played for Queen of the South, St Mirren, and Stirling but not Hibs.

HibeeSince85
27-10-2020, 12:13 AM
Sparky v Dundee Utd at ER. Lovely counter attacking goal. That or King Dom’s goal v Aberdeen

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2020, 03:29 AM
SDG VOLLEY v SEVCO CHAMPIONSHIP AT EASTER ROAD

A thing of genuine beauty !

:not worth

FilipinoHibs
27-10-2020, 04:29 AM
Deek versus Killie 6 March 2010. We desperately needed a win to stay in the hunt for Europe. 0-0 with 12 minutes left and we get a free kick 30 yards out playing to the famous 5. Up steps Deek and hits a raker of a free kick into the goalies top left corner. Sitting in the upper tier of The Famous 5 you could hear the sound of him leathering the ball.

https://youtu.be/M424nbmc4qM

Ringothedog
27-10-2020, 09:03 AM
The second goal in the 1972 League cup final, after seeing us lose the Scottish cup final 5 months earlier and winning the Drybrough cup in August, the second goal was a thing of beauty which made me believe we would win a major trophy for the first time in 20 years

Ringothedog
27-10-2020, 09:04 AM
The second goal in the 1972 League cup final, after seeing us lose the Scottish cup final 5 months earlier and winning the Drybrough cup in August, the second goal was a thing of beauty which made me believe we would win a major trophy for the first time in 20 years

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3LCUiQhME

hibee_girl
27-10-2020, 10:12 AM
Keatings goal against Falkirk to win 2-1 right at the end of the game and put us 10 points clear of them

Killiehibbie
27-10-2020, 10:21 AM
Griffith's free kick against Hearts only 2 people on the planet didn't think it was in.

Jones28
27-10-2020, 10:57 AM
Keatings goal against Falkirk to win 2-1 right at the end of the game and put us 10 points clear of them

That's my favourite goal from our time in the championship.

Yorkshire HFC
27-10-2020, 11:04 AM
Archiebald at Tynecastle.

newmarket_hibbee
27-10-2020, 11:12 AM
Pat Stanton, diving header against motherwell, midweek cup game ,early 70's, think the final score was 2-2, maybe the tie went to 3 repalys before Hibs lost, canny remember. Yhis may have been my first Hibs game, thats probably why it stands out.

Since452
27-10-2020, 11:13 AM
Not a Hibs goal but wee Crunchie for Falkirk against Huntley (I think) in the Scottish Cup. Must have been mid 90's. He beat half their team before slotting it away. Always remembered it.

Saint Hibee
27-10-2020, 11:29 AM

Was that not quite heavily deflected?

scoopyboy
27-10-2020, 11:56 AM
The best technique goal I have seen was a David Zitelli overhead scissors kick against Dundee at Dens Park in a Sunday night match, right in front of us it went in like a rocket.

Others that spring to mind are SDG winner in 2016, Keith in 1991 semi, both goals in 1972 League Cup Final and 7th goal on 1/1/73.

cmcd
27-10-2020, 12:04 PM

ridiculous ability all round and superb finish.
This one without a doubt

Bristolhibby
27-10-2020, 01:07 PM
Rob Jones’s first for Hibs in the snow at the League Cup Final in 2007.

Up like a salmon.

J

Jones28
27-10-2020, 01:49 PM
Was that not quite heavily deflected?

I don't think deflection is enough of a description; it was similar to Hickeys winner last season.

Is It On....
27-10-2020, 03:59 PM
Archigod at Tynecastle...the celebrations were crazy..from the back of the terracing to the front in an instant.

EI255
27-10-2020, 05:47 PM
Del a Cruz vs Jumbos. Was it second minute? Screamer of a goal. Much West Stand joy [emoji16]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

EI255
27-10-2020, 05:48 PM
There is only one though.

90+2

Jim44
27-10-2020, 05:59 PM
Latapy’s volley in the 6-2 derby rout. I don’t think it’s been mentioned yet. If it has, it’s well worth a second mention.

Northumberland
27-10-2020, 07:09 PM
Pat Stanton in the 95th minute,at Tynecastle,to equalise,1.1, 1975. Very vivid memory of John Brownlie crossing and then Pat scoring one of those trademark,ghosting in,headers. Ally MacLeod scored a very similar one in 78 there. Great to crush their hopes with the final kick.

erin go bragh
27-10-2020, 07:47 PM
Too many to pick only one 😐 impossible .

Dmas
27-10-2020, 07:59 PM
Del a Cruz vs Jumbos. Was it second minute? Screamer of a goal. Much West Stand joy [emoji16]

great goal, was a little late arriving to this one was playing football down at silverknowes left at half time to make the game and just got to my seat in time to see it

Fratelli
27-10-2020, 08:00 PM
As a Musselburgh boy, has to be Gordon Hunter’s winner at Tynie in August ‘94 to end that horrendous run.

Me and my mate Rab headed to the Wheatsheaf Inn to celebrate and the place was rocking with jubilant Hibbies.

A few Jambos came in and were looking for bother but they were quickly huckled out but unfortunately we were the first to leave soon after and the inevitable happened and I got a bit of a doing!

I dropped my dark green ‘Barbour’, de rigueur back in the 90’s, went back to retrieve it and got another slap for my troubles...serves me right for wearing a Barbour...!

One of the Jambos got lifted and no doubt spent the night in the cells so at least some good came of me getting a whack or 2.

Robbo6-2
27-10-2020, 08:11 PM
This might sound like a different call but McLarens header to put us 3 nil up vs Rangers, thought Easter Road was going to erupt that day.

Jonnyboy
27-10-2020, 08:20 PM
If I ignore the obvious from David Gray I have to go for a goal scored at ER in September 1970. We beat Celtic 2-0 and Joe McBride scored both, including the one I've chosen for this thread. I was in the shed behind the goals and a cross came in from the right wing when Joe swivelled and hit a half volley like a rocket past the keeper from around the penalty spot. Not sure why I recall that one so clearly given the number of goals I've seen Hibs score but if I close my eyes I can relive it :thumbsup:

Sombrero Bob
27-10-2020, 08:35 PM
Not a Hibs goal but Davy Coopers free kick in the 1985 League Cup 2nd leg. Great night when we had a full stand at Ibrox and of course we won on aggregate 🇳🇬

Or Gordon Hunters goal at Tynie

eastterrace
27-10-2020, 09:12 PM
If I ignore the obvious from David Gray I have to go for a goal scored at ER in September 1970. We beat Celtic 2-0 and Joe McBride scored both, including the one I've chosen for this thread. I was in the shed behind the goals and a cross came in from the right wing when Joe swivelled and hit a half volley like a rocket past the keeper from around the penalty spot. Not sure why I recall that one so clearly given the number of goals I've seen Hibs score but if I close my eyes I can relive it :thumbsup:remember this as well being in the shed but I thought joe was around about the D just outside the box, memory a bit clouded but I can still see it flying in the net.

ancient hibee
27-10-2020, 09:25 PM
If I ignore the obvious from David Gray I have to go for a goal scored at ER in September 1970. We beat Celtic 2-0 and Joe McBride scored both, including the one I've chosen for this thread. I was in the shed behind the goals and a cross came in from the right wing when Joe swivelled and hit a half volley like a rocket past the keeper from around the penalty spot. Not sure why I recall that one so clearly given the number of goals I've seen Hibs score but if I close my eyes I can relive it :thumbsup:

Wasn’t it Tom Hart’s first game as owner?

The Count
27-10-2020, 09:36 PM
Archibalds goal at Tynie,McLeods retaken free kick and Duncans goal against Napoli

Jonnyboy
27-10-2020, 09:58 PM
remember this as well being in the shed but I thought joe was around about the D just outside the box, memory a bit clouded but I can still see it flying in the net.

Could have been but I'm pretty sure he was around the penalty spot. My memory ain't what it used to be though (except for the detail of the shot of course) :greengrin

MM19
28-10-2020, 03:13 PM
The best technique goal I have seen was a David Zitelli overhead scissors kick against Dundee at Dens Park in a Sunday night match, right in front of us it went in like a rocket.

Others that spring to mind are SDG winner in 2016, Keith in 1991 semi, both goals in 1972 League Cup Final and 7th goal on 1/1/73.

I was thinking of that one tae we were right behind the goals going home from Dundee and all the fireworks going off it was a great night.

Also Bobby Duncan's against Napoli and the two goals in the League Cup Final by Paddy and Jimmy

MM19
28-10-2020, 03:17 PM
Wasn’t it Tom Hart’s first game as owner?

It was the headlines in one of the paper's was It's Hart's Hibs. We played great that day as well. The Celtic supporter next to us starting clapping when Joe scored the goal

PeeJay
28-10-2020, 04:30 PM
Bobby Duncan's goal has already been mentioned - I have never forgotten Ali McGraw's goal for us at Tynecastle in the 68 Scottish League Cup semi final - he hobbled off late on in the game and hobbled back on later on to somehow force the ball over the line to take us to the final (only 1 sub allowed back back then and he had been used) ... pity there is no footage of Duncan's or McGraw's goals from back then

Norrieg
28-10-2020, 05:00 PM

Me too. Was it not 140yds ????

DIXIHIBS
28-10-2020, 05:31 PM
Always remember michael o'Neil scoring against motherwell at ER. A quick break from leighton to mcallister to harper i think and oneill running full pelt hit a volley from 20yards. Screamer.

Pedantic_Hibee
28-10-2020, 05:53 PM

I think I was at that game. And if it’s the one I’m thinking of I ended up with a footprint on the shoulder of my white jumper. As you say, absolute carnage.

WestEndHibee
28-10-2020, 06:27 PM
Random one for me but always remember a Gary Caldwell free kick against Killie in 2004. Garry O'Connor and KT formed their own wall in front of the ball before peeling away and Caldwell hit top corner. Seemed needlessly intricate but I loved it at the time.

Also for significance, Amadou Konte sticking out a leg to equalise at Fir Park, sending us towards the European spot.

Bobo
28-10-2020, 07:18 PM
Pat Stanton in the 95th minute,at Tynecastle,to equalise,1.1, 1975. Very vivid memory of John Brownlie crossing and then Pat scoring one of those trademark,ghosting in,headers. Ally MacLeod scored a very similar one in 78 there. Great to crush their hopes with the final kick.

Stanton's header is the one that came to my mind too. Also a goal from Kano against Motherwell, at Easter Road, where the ball hits the bar 3 times in about 5 seconds before he thumped it in.

https://youtu.be/ylqab835BVs

Andy74
28-10-2020, 07:28 PM
Wright’s header in the semi final. Having watched Hibs through the 80s it was the first moment of thinking we could actually go on to win something.

gbhibby
28-10-2020, 09:25 PM
Joe Harper scored a fantastic overhead against St Johnstone I think we won 4 2 that day.

HibbyDave
30-10-2020, 07:53 AM
Alan Gordon in Drybrough Cup Final. Very very late in extra time he ran through and slotted the only goal of the match to give us our second Drybrough Cup win.
Celtic lost three finals in a row ( two against us)😀

Greenbeard
30-10-2020, 08:57 AM
As a kid, the goal to try and copy was Cropley's volley in the 7-0.

scoopyboy
30-10-2020, 09:25 AM
Always remember michael o'Neil scoring against motherwell at ER. A quick break from leighton to mcallister to harper i think and oneill running full pelt hit a volley from 20yards. Screamer.

I had thought about that one.

Up the slope as well.

banarc7062
30-10-2020, 09:25 AM
Remember that one as from my position over the tunnel was right behind the shot. :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
30-10-2020, 09:26 AM
Joe Harper scored a fantastic overhead against St Johnstone I think we won 4 2 that day.

I remember that but though Hibs scored either 7 or 9 that day.

Northernhibee
30-10-2020, 09:31 AM
I also remember Eoin Doyle scoring a belter against the sheep at Pittodrie, one of those you think “dinnae shoot from there ffs” and the next second you’re jumping around like a dafty.

If the net wasn’t there it’d still be going now.

martin1875
30-10-2020, 01:11 PM
Derby goals always tend to stay with me. Kevin Harper’s winner in 98. Think it was my first derby game at ER.

https://youtu.be/ITb2rjiE3Jk

highland hibbee
30-10-2020, 04:05 PM

From memory kenny Miller scored a cracker that night too, dropped over his shoulder and took it on the volley.

gbhibby
30-10-2020, 04:22 PM
I remember that but though Hibs scored either 7 or 9 that day.

Scoopyboy you could be right I remember a game where we racked up a big score against them. Harpers goal that day made any other overhead kick goals since look ordinary.

Hibiza
30-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Goram kick from his goalmouth, Charnley from distance and Latapys 6.

HibeesGal
30-10-2020, 07:34 PM
One that always comes to mind for me is David Wotherspoon’s derby goal in December 2012, probably because I got a mates season ticket VERY last minute to go and promptly abandoned my mum on her birthday to go! Lol

https://youtu.be/Uu-usbSOoQU

The 90+2
30-10-2020, 07:50 PM
From memory kenny Miller scored a cracker that night too, dropped over his shoulder and took it on the volley.

That was possibly his first goal for us. Last minute too also a 1805 sky game on Sunday .

MagicSwirlingShip
30-10-2020, 08:11 PM
Quite a few scored towards the Famous 5 during the early Mowbray years.

Steven Glass scored a peach of a volley against Aberdeen I think. An Ian Murray header in the rain against Motherwell. Zemmama in the Derby with that dummy then finish.

Also Kevin Thomson against Celtic in the CIS cup.

Speedy
30-10-2020, 08:26 PM
Paco Luna's winner against AEK Athens.

Great night! Strangely can't remember who we got in the next round :greengrin

Speedy
30-10-2020, 08:29 PM
Doyle's goal against Falkirk always sticks in my mind. I just had to google who scored the other 3

ibrahimotitch
30-10-2020, 08:52 PM
Mikey Stewart shin rolling in a wonder goal against Aberdeen.

Rob Jones almost taking Craig Gordon's head off in the 81% possession match against Hearts.

Malonga v Aberdeen too

Banter
30-10-2020, 09:33 PM
Alen Orman in a 2-2 against oldco at Castlegreyskull

Freddy Arpinon in a 2-1 victory at tannadice

Onceinawhile
31-10-2020, 12:49 AM
Zitellis goal v Dundee.

We played Dundee United away about three days before. Went for a pie at half time and they sold out just before I got to the front.

Went for one against Dundee and they sold out just before I returned. Remember walking up the stairs eating a hot dog and sating something along the lines of ffs just shoot normally.

Boom

Goal.