As it says on the tin.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UFDeEKemCrM

Bloody hell, 20 years 😊😊😊

hibby rae
22-10-2020, 09:18 AM
"Paatelainen told the team to play" :rockin::rockin:

1 8 7 5
22-10-2020, 10:05 AM
Number 6 is a very very beautiful thing.

Andy74
22-10-2020, 10:09 AM
20 years, jeez.

HoboHarry
22-10-2020, 10:23 AM
I was living in Falkirk back then - seems like a lifetime ago......

HFCdeb
22-10-2020, 10:36 AM
Feel so old. What a team that was.

The Harp
22-10-2020, 10:58 AM
After the 7-0 game and the Cup Final, probably my favourite ever game.
That was football at its finest, a magical evening.

surreyhibbie
22-10-2020, 11:21 AM
the only Hibs game I can remember where I felt absolutely confident after we went a goal down.

our attacking was so good I said to my sons that we would win, no problem.

a great game to watch.

superfurryhibby
22-10-2020, 11:42 AM
Aunty Nelly saved them from a much bigger hiding.

I can remember feeling quite emotional that night. My auld man hadn’t long passed away and he’d been at 7-0 . I hadn’t seen a bigger margin of victory since I started attending derbies, from Sept 1973.

He always said we’d never see anything like the Tornadoes again, well that side that night just about matched anything that had gone before.

Bishop Hibee
22-10-2020, 11:46 AM
Great team, great atmosphere, great performance, great result and great night out afterwards.

Hibs07p
22-10-2020, 12:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFDeEKemCrM&app=desktop&ab_channel=SPFL

Great memories. I was at the 0-7 game as a 13 / 14 year old, my 2 boys (10 & 14) were at this game and witnessed this demolition.

The Hibs go marching on.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Gloucester Hibs
22-10-2020, 12:07 PM
As has been said Niemi (he’s only 28!) saved them from a greater hiding just as he did in the millennium derby the previous year. What a great night! Ended by boogying away into the wee small hours in Eros & Elite 🕺🏻

Green Man
22-10-2020, 12:54 PM
That was my first ever derby. I was studying in Glasgow at the time and worked weekends, but the Sunday evening kick off meant I was able to go. I remember earlier in the season we had beat Dundee 5-1 after going a goal down. At half time, 2-1 up, I turned to the guy behind me and said “I was never worried, Dundee scored first and look what happened against them”. I didn’t quite expect what happened in the second half!

I drove back through to Glasgow absolutely buzzing, and got home just in time to see the highlights on TV.

lord bunberry
22-10-2020, 01:25 PM
I remember the feeling of disbelief as the goals kept flying in, if we had got a 7th there would’ve been utter bedlam. I remember going back to the hibs club after and I’ve never seen so many smiling faces. Great team and a great game.

Smartie
22-10-2020, 01:40 PM
That boy Zitelli could take a corner.

He caused absolute chaos with them for the whole of the first half and we only really got goals towards the end of the half.

We could have had many more that night.

Maybe the best I’ve seen us play, taking into consideration the occasion, the opposition etc.

That’s one of the things I’ve always thought about that night actually - it wasn’t a hopeless collection of Hertz duds. They had some decent players, we just played a lot better.

HibbyAndy
22-10-2020, 02:00 PM
20 years ,Jeezo

GORDONSMITH7
22-10-2020, 03:03 PM
It was 20 years ago today,
Sergeant Hibees taught the Hearts to play,
Jambos had been going in and out of style but guaranteed to make Hibees smile,

So may I introduce to you the one and only
Lonely Heart's Club Band.

FTH

GGTTH

BIG G

cam75
22-10-2020, 03:11 PM
I remember a group of hearts fans in the West stand that went mental when they scored 1st they were swiftly booted out and the rest is history,was buzzing that night.

Ggtth

The 90+2
22-10-2020, 03:17 PM
I remember a group of hearts fans in the West stand that went mental when they scored 1st they were swiftly booted out and the rest is history,was buzzing that night.

Ggtth

I can vaguely remember them banging windows in the old directors or hospitality or whatever it was in the west and behind the North when they scored from my seat in the East. My mate turned down my wee brothers season ticket because he was too wee to go, feel sorry for both of them 😂

MartinfaePorty
22-10-2020, 03:18 PM
As per usual for a Sunday night game, our group went into Mathers West End after and Alex McLeish came in with Andy Watson and, I think, Ian Westwater and maybe Malcolm Colquhoun, the physio, to be greeted with a huge cheer. They used to pop in (just for 1) quite often in those days.

Then it was off down to the Cask & Barrel to watch the highlights and continue the party! :thumbsup::flag:

Zazu62
22-10-2020, 03:30 PM
What are a lot of fans feelings towards Mcleish? I know he was regarded as a Judas etc but he gave us a brilliant team to watch and some great memories

The 90+2
22-10-2020, 03:43 PM
What are a lot of fans feelings towards Mcleish? I know he was regarded as a Judas etc but he gave us a brilliant team to watch and some great memories

He had a fantastic habit of walking out on a team right as they got *****. Motherwell, Hibs, Huns, Scotland.

Built a very expensive squad of players, played fantastic football but then left us in a heap of trouble.

Always remember the night he was meant to be paraded as hun manager but it got cancelled at half time because we where 1 up.

The Harp
22-10-2020, 03:47 PM

Ggtth

That's strange, it wasn't as if their end was full, from what I remember, there were loads of empty seats in the South.
Strange bunch the Jambos.

The 90+2
22-10-2020, 03:49 PM
That's strange, it wasn't as if their end was full, from what I remember, there were loads of empty seats in the South.
Strange bunch the Jambos.

Sure they had some boycott going on for some reason or another.

They always boycott when utter guff or a hammering is in the post.

Mick O'Rourke
22-10-2020, 03:57 PM
Was the empty seats not a result of one of their "principled" boycotts at ticket prices for the Dunbar End
Usual occurrence when they were not confident coming to The Holy Ground.
Happened more than once round about that era

Smartie
22-10-2020, 03:58 PM

We're never going to love anyone who walks out on us for Rangers but I've certainly mellowed on him over the years.

He inherited a shambles, built a cracking team, couldn't really hold onto the better parts of that team and left an expensive mess again that took a bit of picking through.

I thought he was a very good manager, although he knew exactly when to head for the exit.

The "built a cracking team" part takes precedence for me now though. Promotion was fun, millennium derby, 6-2 (his derby record was excellent actually), signing players like Latapy and Sauzee. Even the relative unsung heroes of that side were top notch.

Good times, coupled with being young, travelling down from Dundee for all the games and enjoying lots of bevvy along the way.

The Harp
22-10-2020, 04:05 PM
Sure they had some boycott going on for some reason or another.

They always boycott when utter guff or a hammering is in the post.

Sounds like a prime example of Jambo logic. Don't buy a ticket for your own end, but buy one for the opposition end.
Genius. :)

Dr What If?
22-10-2020, 04:16 PM
I watched that game with 2 Jambos, both predicted a comfortable Hearts win....I went with our boys. Funny to think how they were ribbing me for nearly the entire first half, 'the second was coming....it was going to be 3 or 4 by the end' :greengrin

I didn't take the mick quite as much, too busy screaming 'we want 7'

fiolex1
22-10-2020, 05:33 PM
It was a very rare occasion for me as my two brothers were at the game with me something that hasn’t happened since. We sat in the old stand and were treated to be of the finest displays in my time of going to Easter Road

Since452
22-10-2020, 06:08 PM
Niemi should have got a Scotland cap after that game. Unreal performance and still lost six

Iggy Pope
22-10-2020, 06:54 PM
I was at Hospitality that night. In these times it was in the North stand and those comfier seats never felt comfier.
Few pints afterwards in the company if Pat Stanton and went round to the Iona where a few early Hearts leavers had gone mental and tanned the windows. Nasty atmosphere even with so few of them about. The poster that talks about them being in the West that night is mistaken I think as it was still in the form of the old main stand and they didn’t have any of it as far as I recall. All the hospitality was in the North. And there were not many of them there either.

Loopz
22-10-2020, 07:45 PM
Whilst I was at the game, my wife was babysitting Mixu’s children.

Glory Lurker
22-10-2020, 07:47 PM
Niemi should have got a Scotland cap after that game. Unreal performance and still lost six

Dinnae be daft, he was only 28!!!

The 90+2
22-10-2020, 07:50 PM
I was at Hospitality that night. In these times it was in the North stand and those comfier seats never felt comfier.
Few pints afterwards in the company if Pat Stanton and went round to the Iona where a few early Hearts leavers had gone mental and tanned the windows. Nasty atmosphere even with so few of them about. The poster that talks about them being in the West that night is mistaken I think as it was still in the form of the old main stand and they didn’t have any of it as far as I recall. All the hospitality was in the North. And there were not many of them there either.

Nah, 100% there was loads of them going radge in they glass boxes behind the dugout in the old west.

HoboHarry
22-10-2020, 07:51 PM
Whilst I was at the game, my wife was babysitting Mixu’s children.
Hope she nicked the match ball off him when he got home then :greengrin

Glory Lurker
22-10-2020, 07:51 PM
Mixu's disallowed goal should have stood.

Sammy7nil
22-10-2020, 09:09 PM
They only slight disappointment was we only got 6 there was loads of time left and was hoping for at least 8 :greengrin

Fratelli
22-10-2020, 10:11 PM
One of these nights supporting Hibs that will live with me forever!

After the match, headed down to my local in Musselburgh, Staggs, a few pints then home but my recollection is that it was a freezing night and in the cul-de-sac where I lived, there was a massive, well known Jambo who stayed 3 doors along. His car was in his drive-way and I couldn’t resist scrawling 6-2 in huge numbers on the frost on the windscreen...

Childish as **** I know but was killing myself with laughter at the time...:greengrin

TelaStella
22-10-2020, 10:36 PM
Twisting, turning, lovely one-two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
22-10-2020, 10:47 PM
They only slight disappointment was we only got 6 there was loads of time left and was hoping for at least 8 :greengrin
We want 7!

We want 7 !

Brunswickbill
23-10-2020, 06:13 AM
I was in a pub that had a deal for Sunday night TV football where, during the match, they gave 10p off a pint for every goal scored . Ended up 80p off a pint. Word got around and the pub got quite busy as the game neared its end. A Jambo mate had driven me to the pub. Wan’t happy but took it quite well to his credit.

Since452
23-10-2020, 09:01 AM
Colin Cameron's goal still pissed me off all these years later

Iggy Pope
23-10-2020, 03:09 PM
Nah, 100% there was loads of them going radge in they glass boxes behind the dugout in the old west.

Nah. All the hospitality was in the North stand that season.

green leaves
23-10-2020, 10:54 PM
Scattered my brothers ashes on 5he pitch at 10am on the morning of the game.
Went for a full scottish then a trip round the museum of Scotland.
Serious drinking till kick off.
Serious lost it when the gunts scored and guy in front of me came me a big hug and a toke on an even bigger joint.
The rest of the game was simply all my brother deserved.
**** the hearts and rip.CJM