PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Murphy

HendoDelivered
17-10-2020, 09:22 PM
Anyone know when hes meant to be back? Big player for us, we are missing him and his creativity.

Magpie
17-10-2020, 09:25 PM
Jack Ross said before the Cove game that he was hoping to have him back for today. Hopefully he will be back for our next game.

Since452
17-10-2020, 09:27 PM
Hope he's back for the semi. Not sure I'd risk him on the plastic next weekend

The 90+2
17-10-2020, 09:33 PM
Murphy is our best player. It's essential he's back for Hampden.

Since452
17-10-2020, 09:33 PM

I agree. He's class.

HendoDelivered
17-10-2020, 09:48 PM

:agree:

Golden Bear
17-10-2020, 09:54 PM
Jury's still out for me. Still too early to reach an opinion. He looks good in patches but not an immediate stand out.

The 90+2
17-10-2020, 09:56 PM
Jury's still out for me. Still too early to reach an opinion. He looks good in patches but not an immediate stand out.

He's a class above GB. And he's still got it, which was my worry.

B.H.F.C
17-10-2020, 09:59 PM
He's a class above GB. And he's still got it, which was my worry.

I think he was good against St Mirren and Hamilton and he’d be in my team for the semi if fit.

But we wouldn’t have created any more with him in the team today. Hopefully, once back, he can’t start chipping in with goals because we need more players doing that regularly.

1875Sean
17-10-2020, 10:21 PM

For me you can’t say he is our best player after so little time

The 90+2
17-10-2020, 10:35 PM
I think he was good against St Mirren and Hamilton and he’d be in my team for the semi if fit.

But we wouldn’t have created any more with him in the team today. Hopefully, once back, he can’t start chipping in with goals because we need more players doing that regularly.

👍

The 90+2
17-10-2020, 10:36 PM
For me you can’t say he is our best player after so little time

If he still has it, which he looks like he has, until injury, he’s a fantastic signing and no idea why rangers play Barker and still smash Celtic.

Jamie Murphy is a terrific footballer.

lord bunberry
17-10-2020, 11:41 PM
I agree. He’s looked really good in patches and hopefully he becomes a big player for us, but to call him our best player at this stage is crazy.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2020, 06:14 AM
:agree:

This

I just wish we had got him years ago

Gloucester Hibs
18-10-2020, 07:29 AM
Really hope he’s fit for the semi; him and Boyle should cause Hearts more problems from wide areas than their wide men will to us IMO.

JimBHibees
18-10-2020, 08:08 AM

Thought he was very good in he Hamilton game but not really at it v Brora before his injury however to me he is quality and bring a different quality to the team. Personally think he will be touch and go for the semi final.

Think he is better suited to 442 or 433 not sure he could play wing back in a 352.

hibee-boys
18-10-2020, 08:13 AM
Without someone offering a threat on the left we are far easier to defend against, double up on Boyle and we struggle to create much. Yesterday was a prime example of how one sided our attacks are without a decent left sided attacker.

hibbysam
18-10-2020, 09:32 AM
Without someone offering a threat on the left we are far easier to defend against, double up on Boyle and we struggle to create much. Yesterday was a prime example of how one sided our attacks are without a decent left sided attacker.

Totally agree. Only issue we have is we can’t fit Newell, Magennis, Boyle, Murphy, Doidge and Nisbet into the same team while also having Gogic play. At some stage one of our centre forwards may need to be to accommodate a more balanced side.

Gmack7
18-10-2020, 11:37 AM
Rocky
McGinn porteous Hanlon Stevenson
Gogic newall
Boyle Nisbet Murphy
Doidge

Centre Hawf
18-10-2020, 12:17 PM
It's still far too early to label him our best player, for me at least.

I think the lad looks decent in what we've seen so far but that's all it is just now for me.

A Hi-Bee
18-10-2020, 12:22 PM
Come on he has only played a couple of games, he looked a fair player at times, but I will wait to see how he has done over a long season before raving about any players.
:thumbsup:

1875Sean
18-10-2020, 12:23 PM
If he still has it, which he looks like he has, until injury, he’s a fantastic signing and no idea why rangers play Barker and still smash Celtic.

Jamie Murphy is a terrific footballer.

Don’t doubt that he but for me he has some way before you can say he is our best player ahead of the likes of Boyle etc

The 90+2
18-10-2020, 12:26 PM
Don’t doubt that he but for me he has some way before you can say he is our best player ahead of the likes of Boyle etc

I think Martin has actually went off the boil this season.

Since452
18-10-2020, 02:06 PM
I think Martin has actually went off the boil this season.

Joking aside he's frustrated me the last couple of seasons.

The 90+2
18-10-2020, 02:17 PM

Likewise. He’s capable of a lot more.

calumhibee1
18-10-2020, 02:23 PM

I think Nisbet is our best but I’d agree Murphy is very, very good. :agree:

Gloucester Hibs
18-10-2020, 02:29 PM

Martin Boyle was outstanding last season? This season you may have a point.

The 90+2
18-10-2020, 02:32 PM
Martin Boyle was outstanding last season? This season you may have a point.

The second part of the season he wasn’t and he was partially injured at the start. I actually thought he was trying to not get injured because he was leaving.

Gloucester Hibs
18-10-2020, 02:43 PM
The second part of the season he wasn’t and he was partially injured at the start. I actually thought he was trying to not get injured because he was leaving.

There was a point start of February where he had been involved in something like the previous 8 goals we’d scored. And the season was curtailed in March. It was between him and Doidge for player of the season nobody else came close IMO

Centre Hawf
18-10-2020, 03:16 PM
Boyle is still a heavy influential player for us, even when not performing well his presence scares teams to not press to high up the park. He doesn't always make the right decision but the amount of fouls he draws by getting beyond his man is ridiculous.