PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me

GM1970
17-10-2020, 06:14 PM
Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.
Only out ball is through Boyle, nothing else(Murphy & Wright injured)

I canny be the only one thinking this,surely to *****.
The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

MWHIBBIES
17-10-2020, 06:15 PM
Created loads. Football has been fine. You expecting an excellent team in less than a year from Ross?

B.H.F.C
17-10-2020, 06:18 PM
I was quite pissed off that we didn’t win today. We should have won comfortably.

But some posts are so over the top. Imagine if we were actually failing to accumulate points!

Andy74
17-10-2020, 06:19 PM
Football on show makes your eyes bleed, nothing going forward,with no midfielders to "create" I'm worried.

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

No, it’s not.

Heisenberg
17-10-2020, 06:23 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

I disagree with everything you’ve said. We’ve got plenty going forward, have scored more goals than anyone else outside the OF and have made a great start to the season. Plenty to be optimistic about.

The 90+2
17-10-2020, 06:25 PM
Would much rather be in the Championship with Smashing Dundee in all honesty.

04Sauzee
17-10-2020, 06:26 PM
We don't create anything, just the 28 shots at goal and we had the chances to win that game easily so nope disagree. Probably most already discussed on the match thread tbh

Sammy7nil
17-10-2020, 06:28 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

Yes it is just you can close the thread now :greengrin

swin1875
17-10-2020, 06:28 PM
I disagree with everything you’ve said. We’ve got plenty going forward, have scored more goals than anyone else outside the OF and have made a great start to the season. Plenty to be optimistic about.

Spot on 👍🏻

Diclonius
17-10-2020, 06:32 PM
Nah.

HendoDelivered
17-10-2020, 06:33 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

You’re a panic merchant mate.

theonlywayisup
17-10-2020, 06:34 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

Looks like you're the only one.

I actually think we've got a lot of creativity in our team. but, it didn't happen today. On another day, we could have scored 2 or 3 goals.

bingo70
17-10-2020, 06:34 PM
No, it’s not.

I thought we were good today and created loads.

As the OP pointed out we were missing Murphy who would offer us more creativity.

I’ve had similar concerns tk the OP in the past but don’t think it is is valid criticism after today’s game.

BILLYHIBS
17-10-2020, 06:37 PM
Most disappointing thing was the fact that Aberdeen dropped points and that we missed 4 - 5 decent chances to score

Yes the football was eye bleeding but at least we made chances

I also thought that The Staggies were a dirty side leaving the boot in and illegal challenges off the ball

I was also surprised that Stephen Craighan popped up on Ross County TV

I don’t think he likes us much

Keith_M
17-10-2020, 06:41 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

Played: 11
Won: 6
Drew: 3
Lost: 2
Scored: 16
Conceded: 10

Only Celtic and Rangers have scored more.

Only Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen have conceded less.

We have the third best Goal Difference (+6 v Aberdeen's +4)

We're miles behind Celtc and Rangers but compare well against the rest.

MWHIBBIES
17-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Played: 11
Won: 5
Drew: 3
Lost: 3
Scored: 16
Conceded: 10

Only Celtic and Rangers have scored more.

Only Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen have conceded less.

We have the third best Goal Difference (+6 v Aberdeen's +4)

We're miles behind Celtc and Rangers but compare well against the rest.

We've won 6, lost 2.

Keith_M
17-10-2020, 06:46 PM
We've won 6, lost 2.

Oops, cheers, I'll fix it

:aok:

Iggy Pope
17-10-2020, 07:00 PM
Most disappointing thing was the fact that Aberdeen dropped points and that we missed 4 - 5 decent chances to score

Yes the football was eye bleeding but at least we made chances

I also thought that The Staggies were a dirty side leaving the boot in and illegal challenges off the ball

I was also surprised that Stephen Craighan popped up on Ross County TV

I don’t think he likes us much

The commentator himself though seemed to be an undercover Hibby, references to 21st May, our legendary Lewis and his medals, the idolised John McGinn, greeted “Hammer” when he came on and just seemed to talk the game through from a Hibs viewpoint.

bingo70
17-10-2020, 07:19 PM
The commentator himself though seemed to be an undercover Hibby, references to 21st May, our legendary Lewis and his medals, the idolised John McGinn, greeted “Hammer” when he came on and just seemed to talk the game through from a Hibs viewpoint.

I thought he was excellent.

Much better than some of the commentators on Sky.

Not sure who he is or what his background is, if he’s just a local guy and starting tk make his name as a commentator I could see him getting some bigger jobs soon.

Since452
17-10-2020, 07:20 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

Yes just you

JimBHibees
17-10-2020, 07:26 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

Sniff

Iggy Pope
17-10-2020, 07:27 PM
I thought he was excellent.

Much better than some of the commentators on Sky.

Not sure who he is or what his background is, if he’s just a local guy and starting tk make his name as a commentator I could see him getting some bigger jobs soon.

Agreed, very polished and either he put a lot into his research on the Hibs or he possibly didn’t have to. He didn’t sound local either. Made it easy to forget that Craigan was alongside him, that man is insufferable.
Knowledgeable and the input from the Brora R fellah alongside them didn’t do any harm either. I enjoyed the coverage.

Stonewall
17-10-2020, 07:45 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

3 posts in ten years.

J-C
17-10-2020, 07:49 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

We're fairly solid at the back and at times play some pretty decent counter football, I can see what Ross is doing by starting from the back which means we lose less goals/games and sometimes that can be detrimental to pretty football. He's playing 2 up top which means either 442/352, in a 442 you lose creativity in the middle but need your wide men to perform in a 352 you need the wingbacks to give the width and it allows for a creative player in the middle. 352 works well when young Doig plays as he has a bit of pace and a decent left peg, play with Stevenson and that attacking threat vanishes.
Unfortunately like today we created a fair amount of chances but the front 3 of Doidge, Nisbet and Boyle were all off it and the bench was short of creative attacking players, this is what happens when you go with a smaller squad.

uwxm07

This

CapitalGreen

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

The football is far from honking, we tore County open quite a few times today and could have been 4 up in the opening 20 minutes.

The concern I have is we are not converting our chances. We’ve already had 4 league games this season when we have failed to score. We only had 6 games last season where we didn’t score and in 2018 when we finished 4th we only had 4 league games all season in which we didn’t score.

weecounty hibby
17-10-2020, 08:00 PM
The Jambo in my work has started to tell me that Hibs are playing eye bleeding, industrial, Craig Levein type football. This is their new comfort blanket it seems

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-10-2020, 08:03 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

I thought your lot played quite well last night.

147lothian
17-10-2020, 08:04 PM
Its just you, thanks for visiting the site now can you please go somewhere else and bore them instead:stirrer:

Vini1875
17-10-2020, 08:06 PM
I think it was an odd one today, very frustrating. Usually we don't create as many decent chances, but manage to put 1 or 2 away. We had chance after chance today, but a number of players fluffed their lines. It feels like 2 points dropped from us and 1 gained by rcfc.

I don't think the football is better or worse than other years, but the atmosphere alters the perception. A pint when a pub is empty or a pint in a pub when busy, same pint, same pub, but a different experience.

murray26
17-10-2020, 08:11 PM
I thought it was a very watchable game both teams had there spells and we had plenty chances.. I’ve seen far worse.

The Spaceman
17-10-2020, 08:11 PM
Absolute clown.

kaimendhibs
17-10-2020, 08:17 PM
GM = Gary Mackay [emoji3166][emoji3166]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brightside
17-10-2020, 08:19 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss
You know zero about football. Only my opinion.

Kato
17-10-2020, 08:47 PM
The Jambo in my work has started to tell me that Hibs are playing eye bleeding, industrial, Craig Levein type football. This is their new comfort blanket it seems

Is that the eye bleeding, industrial football they denied Craig Levein was at fault for for years?

Since452
17-10-2020, 09:07 PM
Created loads. Football has been fine. You expecting an excellent team in less than a year from Ross?

Not often I agree with you mate

BILLYHIBS
17-10-2020, 09:12 PM

He did.

Very civilised and complimentary apart from any time they got near our 18 yard box he just about burst a blood vessel It fair woke me up.

Reminded me of when Hearts get a corner at The Swinery against us

They celebrate it as if they have scored a goal

BH1875
17-10-2020, 09:24 PM
At the end of the we should be beating teams like this. We drop points far too often in games we should be winning. Shades of heckingbottom I feel. Getting results even though playing pretty poor will eventually bite us on the arse. Need to step up

whiskyhibby
17-10-2020, 09:26 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

Yes, it is just you.......

whiskyhibby
17-10-2020, 09:28 PM
At the end of the we should be beating teams like this. We drop points far too often in games we should be winning. Shades of heckingbottom I feel. Getting results even though playing pretty poor will eventually bite us on the arse. Need to step up

:troll::troll:

Since452
17-10-2020, 09:30 PM

Were you expecting better than 21 points from 11 games? Hard going to step up from that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-10-2020, 09:56 PM
GM = Gary Mackay [emoji3166][emoji3166]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

GM00 when the medals are added.

Greenbeard
17-10-2020, 10:32 PM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Worst infiltration attempt I have read for a while.

Real Emerald
17-10-2020, 11:31 PM
We were unlucky today and the ref really didn’t help. Having said that I’m really concerned with the midfield as we seem to find it difficult to retain the ball and have no centre midfield creator. The front men had a real off day today and Doidge is looking like he did when he first arrived.

Hopefully this International break has not stopped our momentum.

smack
17-10-2020, 11:54 PM
Agreed, very polished and either he put a lot into his research on the Hibs or he possibly didn’t have to. He didn’t sound local either. Made it easy to forget that Craigan was alongside him, that man is insufferable.
Knowledgeable and the input from the Brora R fellah alongside them didn’t do any harm either. I enjoyed the coverage.

Why didn’t you watch it with Hibs commentary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broondog
18-10-2020, 12:02 AM
Disagree completely and not sure which game you were watching. Incredible we didn’t win today. I think we have assembled a very good team and league position shows that. Lots going forward, fairly solid at the back with a competent manager behind us. We are far from the finished article and what worries me more is the league cup performances wheee we have been very poor. It’s all well and good getting Europe in the league and being better than the rest outside OF. But with the quality we have we have to be doing well and taking cup competitions seriously. We lack that killer instinct and often struggle to put teams away. Too many times I’ve seen it and we need to put a stop to that mentality soon

NAE NOOKIE
18-10-2020, 12:52 AM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

Eh, its a bit patchy to be sure but 'eye bleeding' really? You must have seen Hibs play about as many times as you've posted on here if you think that's eye bleeding football mate, anybody who has watched Hibs over the last 20 years or so has seen far worse than this team. We aren't brilliant by any means, but we can and do play some entertaining stuff, just not consistently enough.

However, if as some folk are suggesting you are in fact an undercover puddle drinker I'll happily concede that your knowledge of what constitutes 'eye bleeding football' far exceeds the experience of anybody on here including me.

RitchieHibs
18-10-2020, 01:10 AM
Eh, its a bit patchy to be sure but 'eye bleeding' really? You must have seen Hibs play about as many times as you've posted on here if you think that's eye bleeding football mate, anybody who has watched Hibs over the last 20 years or so has seen far worse than this team. We aren't brilliant by any means, but we can and do play some entertaining stuff, just not consistently enough.

However, if as some folk are suggesting you are in fact an undercover puddle drinker I'll happily concede that your knowledge of what constitutes 'eye bleeding football' far exceeds the experience of anybody on here including me.

Don't think there's much doubt about that tbh.

He/she has that horrid gorgie reek about them.

CMurdoch
18-10-2020, 01:58 AM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

Your first post on hibs.net since July 2013.
Have you been working yourself up to this classic for over 7 years?
Already looking forward to your next post in 2027 ...... if we are both still alive :aok:.

ozhibs
18-10-2020, 02:41 AM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

Totally disagree, we did not score but hardly eye bleeding. If you think that was eye bleeding you should have been around when Miller was manager 😀

HoboHarry
18-10-2020, 02:51 AM
Totally disagree, we did not score but hardly eye bleeding. If you think that was eye bleeding you should have been around when Miller was manager 😀

Or Bertie Auld....

Big90inOz
18-10-2020, 04:45 AM
We do better when the ball is played forward quickly into feet, this passing it back and forward across the backline just allows the other side to get all back behind the ball and how often when this happens to you see a couple of our midfielders come back to collect the ball which leaves us even more out numbered in front of the ball. We need a outlet on the left as well, far to defence minded the last few games up that side.

Hibrandenburg
18-10-2020, 06:54 AM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

When did all you Real Madrid fans come back to watching Hibs?

Since452
18-10-2020, 06:57 AM

Could you imagine the social media meltdowns if it was around back then

Since452
18-10-2020, 07:05 AM

The football is honking.
Only my opinion, discuss

We created plenty. 27 shots at goal. It's a mystery that we didn't win. Your post couldn't be further from the truth.

Keith_M
18-10-2020, 08:26 AM
At the end of the we should be beating teams like this. We drop points far too often in games we should be winning. Shades of heckingbottom I feel.

As I already mentioned...

W-6, D-3, L-2

... Getting results even though playing pretty poor will eventually bite us on the arse. Need to step up

That kind of contradicts your first point.

Heisenberg
18-10-2020, 08:37 AM

“Shades of Heckingbottom”. Wow. Jack Ross is miles, absolutely miles, ahead of him.

We should beat Ross County but we didn’t. We missed our chances. Rangers should have beaten us, they didn’t, they missed their chances. It’s football, things don’t always work out like they should. We had nearly 30 shots on goal yesterday, we played well but just couldn’t get it in the net.

JimBHibees
18-10-2020, 09:17 AM

shambolic comment :faf::faf:

CapitalGreen
18-10-2020, 09:23 AM

We dropped points away to Ross County under Lennon on our 12 game unbeaten streak in 17/18 on course to achieving our highest ever points total when 3 points were awarded for a win - it happens. Start converting more of our chances and we will have a very successful season.

Peevemor
18-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Personally I would say that failing to win against certain teams in a home league match might be viewed as dropping points.

However, any point gained away from home is a point won and should be appreciated as such. All the more for 3 points.

All away games in our league are difficult.

fiolex1
18-10-2020, 10:43 AM
I can’t remember ever going up there and creating 27 attempts on goal.

Coco Bryce
18-10-2020, 11:01 AM
I can’t remember ever going up there and creating 27 attempts on goal.

6 on target.

green day
18-10-2020, 11:21 AM
Personally I would say that failing to win against certain teams in a home league match might be viewed as dropping points.

However, any point gained away from home is a point won and should be appreciated as such. All the more for 3 points.

All away games in our league are difficult.

Correct, this isnt the championship and while we have better players than most - all that means is that in the long run we will end up toward the correct end of the division.

People assuming that we will win every match versus every team outside Celtic / Rangers / Aberdeen have no idea.

The only teams to have won more games than us are Rangers and Celtic so far, Aberdeen might go ahead with games in hand.

But we are doing ok and will be 3rd or more likely 4th this season.

hibbysam
18-10-2020, 11:45 AM
We were unlucky today and the ref really didn’t help. Having said that I’m really concerned with the midfield as we seem to find it difficult to retain the ball and have no centre midfield creator. The front men had a real off day today and Doidge is looking like he did when he first arrived.

Hopefully this International break has not stopped our momentum.

We created plenty today. Boyle lacking composure, Nisbet being well off it and Doidge being wasteful has nothing to do with our midfield. Couple that with the referee giving very little then it’s just a bad day at the office. Be far more worried if we weren’t creating anything at all, couldn’t tell you the last time we had nearly 30 shots at goal.

CMurdoch
18-10-2020, 12:15 PM
The OP has gone away.
He/She will be back in late 2027 or early 2028 if you want to look in again for their next master post

MWHIBBIES
18-10-2020, 12:16 PM
We dropped points away to Ross County under Lennon on our 12 game unbeaten streak in 17/18 on course to achieving our highest ever points total when 3 points were awarded for a win - it happens. Start converting more of our chances and we will have a very successful season.

Not to mention, Ross County got relegated about 3 weeks later.

Tambo
18-10-2020, 04:04 PM
Maybe just a little inconsistency as after the dire Aberdeen performance, thought we played well away to St Mirren and vs the old firm and I think we played our best football this season for 60 minutes vs hamilton.

Never seen much of the league cup games and we played well for spells yesterday and should of be 2 up in the first 5 minutes but it wasn't.

Still another clean sheet and much improved for the past years.

green day
18-10-2020, 05:05 PM
PPV is a great thing in the CV19 crisis, but a wee bit of a double edged sword when it comes to critiquing the matches - everyone has basically seen every match home and away now instead of just our AST holders !!

We are doing well this season, probably better than most of us actually expected.

The squad is coming together - its taken McInnes 8 years to get Aberdeen to their present level, so Ross is (imo) doing well so far.

hibbysam
18-10-2020, 05:59 PM
PPV is a great thing in the CV19 crisis, but a wee bit of a double edged sword when it comes to critiquing the matches - everyone has basically seen every match home and away now instead of just our AST holders !!

We are doing well this season, probably better than most of us actually expected.

The squad is coming together - its taken McInnes 8 years to get Aberdeen to their present level, so Ross is (imo) doing well so far.

Aberdeen have been at that level for years, they took advantage when rangers were out the league along with us and hearts. We went the other way and it cost us years.

weecounty hibby
18-10-2020, 06:12 PM
This is a point I've made a few times now. Aberdeen are our main rivals at the moment and it's taken them years to get to this position and a few years of no hearts, Hibs or Huns in the league as well. If you take them as our benchmark, if say JR is ahead of plan

hibbysam
18-10-2020, 06:19 PM
This is a point I've made a few times now. Aberdeen are our main rivals at the moment and it's taken them years to get to this position and a few years of no hearts, Hibs or Huns in the league as well. If you take them as our benchmark, if say JR is ahead of plan

They finished 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd (with Rangers), 2nd (with rangers), 4th and 4th since McInnes took over. They took advantage of the fact we were gash and out of the league. He qualified for Europe every year and finished best of the rest in 4 of the 7 seasons.

Juice-Terry
18-10-2020, 06:27 PM
In case it hasn't been said already: LTYF.

green day
18-10-2020, 07:19 PM
They finished 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd (with Rangers), 2nd (with rangers), 4th and 4th since McInnes took over. They took advantage of the fact we were gash and out of the league. He qualified for Europe every year and finished best of the rest in 4 of the 7 seasons.

Depends how you evaluate success, tbh - "best of the rest" is a difficult one to put in the trophy cabinet.

Hibs have won more trophies this century than Aberdeen.

hibbysam
18-10-2020, 08:46 PM
Depends how you evaluate success, tbh - "best of the rest" is a difficult one to put in the trophy cabinet.

Hibs have won more trophies this century than Aberdeen.

It was the ‘it’s taken them/McInnes years to get to this position/build this team’ that I was replying to. He’s been consistently the best side outwith Celtic and latterly rangers in the league. That’s where we aspire to be, short/medium term. Cups runs are a bonus. McInnes also has as many trophies as Hibs in that period if I remember correctly.

The main point was that Aberdeen haven’t been a slow burner, they got success very early on in the reign and have carried it on.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2020, 08:57 PM
Is it just me but a random appears after 3 posts drops a hand grenade then buggers off back to Keekback

Discuss

LTYF

:na na:

Moulin Yarns
18-10-2020, 09:19 PM
is It just me?

Yes.

Sammy7nil
19-10-2020, 12:44 PM
Aberdeen have been at that level for years, they took advantage when rangers were out the league along with us and hearts. We went the other way and it cost us years.

Agree we missed a great opportunity whilst they were out the league then when Hearts followed them we shot ourselves in the foot by going down too. It did set us back years and without the very unexpected cup win we could still be in real bother.