PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan injury?

Causewayside PR
14-10-2020, 03:11 PM
Firstly, my apologies, there no doubt will be a thread on this already but I could not find it.
Was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with Scott Allan's injury? What exactly is it? How severe is the injury? What is the prognosis?

Whilst we play 2 upfront it will be hard for him to get into the starting 11 but he will no doubt prove to be a very important player for Hibs over this season. Whilst his reputation maybe got ahead of him that is not his fault. He is a great player and have no doubt will prove that in time.:flag::flag::flag:

easty
14-10-2020, 03:21 PM
The first Hibs.net rule about why Scott Allan is out...you don’t talk about why Scott Allan is out...the second rule about why Scott Allan is out...you don’t talk about why Scott Allan is out!

Green Reaper
14-10-2020, 03:28 PM
Firstly, my apologies, there no doubt will be a thread on this already but I could not find it.
Was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with Scott Allan's injury? What exactly is it? How severe is the injury? What is the prognosis?

Whilst we play 2 upfront it will be hard for him to get into the starting 11 but he will no doubt prove to be a very important player for Hibs over this season. Whilst his reputation maybe got ahead of him that is not his fault. He is a great player and have no doubt will prove that in time.:flag::flag::flag:

Due to previous speculation and gossip I think most are now respecting that nothing has been disclosed officially so should be treated, quite rightly, as a private matter for now

The 90+2
14-10-2020, 03:29 PM
The first Hibs.net rule about why Scott Allan is out...you don’t talk about why Scott Allan is out...the second rule about why Scott Allan is out...you don’t talk about why Scott Allan is out!

🤣🤣

Moulin Yarns
14-10-2020, 03:31 PM
There are only 2 Admins on just now, so I'll give it until 5pm before this is closed. :wink:

scoopyboy
14-10-2020, 03:41 PM
There are only 2 Admins on just now, so I'll give it until 5pm before this is closed. :wink:

I was going to guess 6pm.

The Harp
14-10-2020, 03:41 PM
Due to previous speculation and gossip I think most are now respecting that nothing has been disclosed officially so should be treated, quite rightly, as a private matter for now

Well said GR.

Radium
14-10-2020, 03:44 PM
ACS nullity Trojans

(Found an anagram generator)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brummie_Hibs
14-10-2020, 04:06 PM
ACS nullity Trojans

(Found an anagram generator)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Allan not injured?

jeffers
14-10-2020, 04:36 PM
From JR himself it’s a medical issue, not an injury.

DH1875
14-10-2020, 04:43 PM
Thought we weren't allowed to talk about it :confused:

Quick question. See when it does come out in the news, will we be allowed to talk about it?

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2020, 04:49 PM
There has been no official comment from the club regarding an update of the medical issue that is currently preventing him from playing.

Moulin Yarns
14-10-2020, 05:07 PM
Past 6 o'clock and the thread is still going. Admins are slacking, bunch of 😉

1van Sprou7e
14-10-2020, 05:09 PM

Quick question. See when it does come out in the news, will we be allowed to talk about it?

The whole point is that it's currently private so we shouldn't be speculating on it

truehibernian
14-10-2020, 05:09 PM
Regardless of the outcome, I think it's great management meantime having SA in the stands and analysing games. He's a footballer who is always one step ahead on the pitch and can see things most players can't and don't - he'll offer staff a lot whilst not playing and doing that role :agree::aok: lots that SA can offer the squad when not playing :aok:

scoopyboy
14-10-2020, 05:13 PM
Regardless of the outcome, I think it's great management meantime having SA in the stands and analysing games. He's a footballer who is always one step ahead on the pitch and can see things most players can't and don't - he'll offer staff a lot whilst not playing and doing that role :agree::aok: lots that SA can offer the squad when not playing :aok:

I agree and it appears that SA is enjoying it.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-10-2020, 05:21 PM

Whilst some Forums may operate without limit I like the fact we have boundaries and show a bit of respect where deemed necessary.

For no holds barred there’s always alternatives.

Andy74
14-10-2020, 05:28 PM
The whole point is that it's currently private so we shouldn't be speculating on it

I see that but the reality is he’s a footballer and if on form possibly the best we have. Whether he’s going to be playing for us in future is a very relevant ‘sporting’ topic.

Injuries are medical and therefore private but we talk about them.

We openly encourage talk about managers in particular being made redundant.

I think some of the thread closures have been a bit heavy handed on this one.

easty
14-10-2020, 05:31 PM
I see that but the reality is he’s a footballer and if on form possibly the best we have. Whether he’s going to be playing for us in future is a very relevant ‘sporting’ topic.

The threads shouldn’t be closed.

Discussion, or speculation, should be fine.

If this was a rangers or Celtc or hearts player, the speculation would be no problem at all, even if we had folk laughing about it, the posts wouldn’t be deleted...but because it’s a Hibs player it’s not fair to speculate without a statement from the player or club?

jeffers
14-10-2020, 05:33 PM

Agreed. Without speculating on what a number of us have undoubtedly heard I think with the vague mention by JR and subsequent silence it’s not really surprising that posters are asking about him.

lord bunberry
14-10-2020, 05:36 PM
I’d imagine the majority of people have heard the rumour by now. Hopefully it’s not true and he’s back playing again soon.

Callum7
14-10-2020, 05:38 PM
I’d imagine the majority of people have heard the rumour by now. Hopefully it’s not true and he’s back playing again soon.

I’ve not...

lord bunberry
14-10-2020, 05:40 PM
I’ve not...
Sorry I can’t say what it is.

Callum7
14-10-2020, 05:54 PM
Sorry I can’t say what it is.

Wasn’t expecting you to. :greengrin

1van Sprou7e
14-10-2020, 06:17 PM

Injuries are made public as soon as the information is available, therefore not private. Scott Allan's situation has been purposefully been kept private for now, that's the difference

Sammy7nil
14-10-2020, 06:22 PM
I’ve not...

Try Twitter it will be on there

SteveHFC
14-10-2020, 06:25 PM

You can talk about it anywhere else and on social media but not here. :confused:

Andy74
14-10-2020, 06:27 PM
Injuries are made public as soon as the information is available, therefore not private. Scott Allan's situation has been purposefully been kept private for now, that's the difference

Lots of things get kept private that we can still talk about though.

Some people think that a health matter has an added level of privacy that means it just shouldn’t even be discussed. Fair enough but I think that’s a bit of a false distinction. There’s lots of things about footballers and their lives that we talk about.

matty_f
14-10-2020, 07:03 PM
You can talk about it anywhere else and on social media but not here. :confused:

Correct.

matty_f
14-10-2020, 07:05 PM
Lots of things get kept private that we can still talk about though.

Some people think that a health matter has an added level of privacy that means it just shouldn’t even be discussed. Fair enough but I think that’s a bit of a false distinction. There’s lots of things about footballers and their lives that we talk about.

I appreciate the point you’re making, in this instance regardless of the arguments to the contrary, we’re asking people to respect the privacy of the player until something’s confirmed one way or the other, and we’d ask everyone who chooses to use the site to also respect that decision, please.

bigwheel
14-10-2020, 07:28 PM
I appreciate the point you’re making, in this instance regardless of the arguments to the contrary, we’re asking people to respect the privacy of the player until something’s confirmed one way or the other, and we’d ask everyone who chooses to use the site to also respect that decision, please.

[emoji119][emoji122][emoji122]

Scooter
14-10-2020, 11:27 PM
Is he ok though?

superfurryhibby
15-10-2020, 08:15 AM
I’ve not read anything on Twitter, but for any Hibs fan wondering, there’s a thread on the Hibees Bounce.

Given the amount of speculative nonsense on here at times, I find it a bit strange that we are forbidden from discussing what Is apparently very much in the public domain.

matty_f
15-10-2020, 09:06 AM
I’ve not read anything on Twitter, but for any Hibs fan wondering, there’s a thread on the Hibees Bounce.

Given the amount of speculative nonsense on here at times, I find it a bit strange that we are forbidden from discussing what Is apparently very much in the public domain.

As with my reply to Andy, we appreciate that some might not agree with the decision, but we would politely ask people to respect it nonetheless.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2020, 10:14 AM
If this is right and he does need to retire from playing, then who can blame him moving away when he did?

I hope he's made enough to put something towards a future in some way if he does not stay in the game.

jeffers
15-10-2020, 10:21 AM
If this is right and he does need to retire from playing, then who can blame him moving away when he did?

I hope he's made enough to put something towards a future in some way if he does not stay in the game.

I’m probably in the minority but other than being disappointed that he left I never had a big issue with it. As much as we don’t like them he was a Hun growing up, his best mate played for them, I didn’t blame him for wanting to sign for them when they expressed an interest. If Jason Kerr for example made it known he wanted to come to us I doubt many would be complaining he wanted to leave St Johnstone to sign for one of their rivals.

Stairway 2 7
15-10-2020, 10:37 AM
We've almost all heard the stories, does anyone think the delay could be getting second opinions

HNA4
15-10-2020, 12:37 PM
We decided that we don't want Hibs.net to be the platform for speculation about the general health of a Hibs player without there being confirmation from the club/player directly.

We have been informed that the rumour being spread is 'not factually accurate,' and given it contains details of a sensitive nature, we don't feel it right to be a platform for spreading misinformation or rumours of this ilk.

As seen in the thread, there are many other areas online for people to find and discuss this speculation if that's what they feel like doing, but as a moderated forum, Hibs.net won't be that space. Please try to take note of this decision.

Thank you for understanding.