PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Website Redesign

Keith_M
14-10-2020, 12:49 PM
Just opened the Hibs website (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/) and it looks very different.

Does anybody know if this is a final design or are they just trying things out?

The 90+2
14-10-2020, 12:51 PM
Looks great and works wonderful.

Here’s the news article:
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/welcome

The news articles are quite in order yet which may lead to confusion.

Keith_M
14-10-2020, 12:54 PM
Looks great and works wonderful.

Here’s the news article:
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/welcome

Cheers.

:aok:

The 'mobile first design' is obviously the reason it doesn't look so good on my laptop then.

I know, I'm a dinosaur :greengrin

jacomo
14-10-2020, 12:54 PM
Very welcome improvement.

We are getting there.

The 90+2
14-10-2020, 12:56 PM
Cheers.

:aok:

The 'mobile first design' is obviously the reason it doesn't look so good on my laptop then.

I know, I'm a dinosaur :greengrin

:greengrin If your laptop has touchpad feature it may make it loo better? I'll check after lunch.

Since90+2
14-10-2020, 12:57 PM
They've obviously not skimped on the cost if it's been done by Whitespace. They are probably the top digital agency in the country.

DaveF
14-10-2020, 01:24 PM
New site is great, really impressed with it. Nice player profiles. It just flows and another step in the right direction for the club.

Well done on a good job.

Keith_M
14-10-2020, 01:28 PM
:greengrin If your laptop has touchpad feature it may make it loo better? I'll check after lunch.

Dunno.

Which part is the touchpad?

Billy Whizz
14-10-2020, 01:54 PM
New site is great, really impressed with it. Nice player profiles. It just flows and another step in the right direction for the club.

Well done on a good job.

Looks great

HoboHarry
14-10-2020, 02:02 PM
Dunno.

F*%^s sake :greengrin Is it powered by steam?

Hibeesforever
14-10-2020, 02:09 PM
Just opened the Hibs website (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/) and it looks very different.

Does anybody know if this is a final design or are they just trying things out?

Website looks grest

Oscar T Grouch
14-10-2020, 02:17 PM
It must be a first in football, I have never seen anything even come close. Every one of our development players are 180cm (5' 11") tall :greengrin

Edit: Sorry the goalies are both taller, still that will make for perfect team photaes

Curried
14-10-2020, 02:23 PM
No enough adverts :wink:

JohnMcM
14-10-2020, 02:25 PM
Looks pretty good. I guess they're still working on the Hibs TV bit as it shows error 404 at the moment.

Mon Dieu4
14-10-2020, 02:25 PM
That's a really good redesign, love Boyles arms folded what do I want in the chippy pose :greengrin

JohnMcM
14-10-2020, 02:26 PM

It's more modern than mine and my ipad2 😟

CropleyWasGod
14-10-2020, 02:29 PM
That's a really good redesign, love Boyles arms folded what do I want in the chippy pose :greengrin

Hmm.. SDG's photo on his profile is a bit like Limmy doing "come and get me, boys...." :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
14-10-2020, 02:39 PM
Anyone tried to log in ?

Keeps booting me out

Computer says NO!

Vault Boy
14-10-2020, 02:43 PM
It's absolutely excellent. Long overdue and i know they'll be delighted to finally get it running, given how much time has been dedicated to it.

The player profiles are outstanding, looks so smart.

Peevemor
14-10-2020, 02:45 PM
Dunno.

24034I was wondering the same thing...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/cb1461745cc803047d9cbb1632cd9bb0.jpg

JohnMcM
14-10-2020, 02:48 PM
Anyone tried to log in ?

Keeps booting me out

Computer says NO!

Logging into what mate? The site? Hibs TV? Hibspass?

CapitalGreen
14-10-2020, 02:54 PM
Looks really nice and well overdue. I’d typically not bother opening articles on the official site in the past when using my mobile as the user experience wasn’t great - this seems much better from initial viewing though.

The 90+2
14-10-2020, 02:55 PM
Dunno.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The 90+2
14-10-2020, 02:57 PM

Reminds me it taking 4 hours to load up Championship Manager 1998.

HoboHarry
14-10-2020, 03:05 PM
Anyone tried to log in ?

Keeps booting me out

Computer says NO!
Maybe the site has a high level Jambo detector......

:greengrin

HoboHarry
14-10-2020, 03:06 PM
Reminds me it taking 4 hours to load up Championship Manager 1998.
Was wondering if you could hear dial up when it was switched on lol......

Aldo
14-10-2020, 03:07 PM
I was wondering the same thing...

Zx81 my first ever computer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seveno
14-10-2020, 03:30 PM
The new site is excellent. Let’s talk about this on not people’s first computers.

The 90+2
14-10-2020, 03:30 PM
Was wondering if you could hear dial up when it was switched on lol......

Until my mum used the phone, aye 😎

Since452
14-10-2020, 04:37 PM
Much better. Welcome to 2020

J-C
14-10-2020, 04:41 PM
Got a wee look on my phone, looks good.

GreenCastle
14-10-2020, 04:54 PM
Looks good - much needed improvement. :thumbsup:

Glad to see them doing things like this.

Some feedback..

Could they make the Hibs badge a bit sharper / clearer in the middle / logos of fixtures.

Also quite like seeing full fixture list - not sure if this is possible alongside seeing who we play each month.

Would also be good to have a part on website with most appearances / goals for club etc - maybe that is there and haven't found it yet.

Power
14-10-2020, 04:56 PM
New club website is slick, dynamic and engaging. Brings us exactly where we need to be as a club. It’s definitely going to be the one stop shop for everything.

Great work from the internal team and club partners, including Whitespace.

Work still ongoing, which includes single sign on functionality and further enhancements for supporters. Club will be communicating shortly on how to link new Hibernian FC single online Account with ticketing - we’ll all need to follow this (Club will also be adding retail and Hibs TV to this single account in due course).

Massive positive for all ✅

Lago
14-10-2020, 06:36 PM
Dunno.

matty_f
14-10-2020, 06:51 PM
It looks fantastic. Special mention to the player profiles which are very well done - even when you click through and get the info and some tweets etc about them. Really impressed.

I would suggest, in the spirit of “We Are All Hibs” that that section contained links to supporter-created content such as here and the Bounce, as well as to the three Hibs podcasts currently available.

EI255
14-10-2020, 08:24 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/cb1461745cc803047d9cbb1632cd9bb0.jpgZx81 with the velcro memory pack. Immense little machine in its day!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
14-10-2020, 08:37 PM
Design looks good, I take it the news articles are still a work in progress as they don't seem to be in order.

Otherwise it's very good.

DaveF
14-10-2020, 09:19 PM
Supporter groups in Italy and Sweden? One for longbangers to get them on the podcast to find out more.

Eric
14-10-2020, 09:56 PM
The previous website did need updating and this one is a big improvement. However the heading "Fixtures & Tickets" does not have a Fixtures section. The Tickets, Hospitality and Season Ticket sections give a link to Matches but this only covers October 2020.

I appreciate the new website will still being developed so look forward to it having a Fixtures section for Season 20/21.:greengrin

gaz1875
14-10-2020, 10:55 PM
Anyone having issues logging into the buy tickets?

St.Kristopher
14-10-2020, 11:41 PM
It looks fantastic. Special mention to the player profiles which are very well done - even when you click through and get the info and some tweets etc about them. Really impressed.

Yeah, the squad part is brilliant content marketing.

Keith_M
15-10-2020, 08:03 AM

You win.

15-10-2020, 08:16 AM
Looks decent and better than the out of the box guff that every club has that seems to be punted to clubs on the cheap

Keith_M
15-10-2020, 08:25 AM
To get back to the original topic...

The website is obviously a 'work in progress' and it would be good if there was some way people could give (hopefully helpful) feedback.

For instance it looks and functions really well on my mobile (no, I really do have a fairly modern one) but parts of the display don't adapt well in size when used on a larger device... which some people still use a lot (e.g. me :greengrin)

Also... and I realise this is quite a minor issue... it might have been an idea to make it backward compatible on release (some of my bookmarks have gone), or at the very least to have warned people that there was an upcoming release so people would be aware they had to update their bookmarks. Obviously not a major issue, more of a 'be kind to your users' sort of thing.

As for the Log-In issue: I think this is where the value of UAT comes into it's own. Perhaps with the new website initially released under a pseudo URL, where volunteer users could try things out, including logins, and then give feedback to the developers as to how it all went (obviously, they may have done this and it had all worked fine).

p.s. I hope my feedback isn't taken in the wrong way, it's genuinely just meant to be helpful

Keith_M
15-10-2020, 08:28 AM
Looks decent and better than the out of the box guff that every club has that seems to be punted to clubs on the cheap

:agree:

As I mentioned above, it looks really great on my mobile and it's nice to see something a bit different.

Peevemor
15-10-2020, 10:04 AM
What's Boyle's coupon all about?

Keith_M
15-10-2020, 10:05 AM
What's Boyle's coupon all about?

Something nasty just happened 'Down Under'?

Peevemor
15-10-2020, 10:06 AM
Something nasty just happened 'Down Under'?

Like his finger just went through the bog roll?

EI255
15-10-2020, 10:18 AM
Very impressed with the new website. Well done HFC.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

DanishJohn
15-10-2020, 11:30 AM
New club website is slick, dynamic and engaging. Brings us exactly where we need to be as a club. It’s definitely going to be the one stop shop for everything.

Great work from the internal team and club partners, including Whitespace.

Work still ongoing, which includes single sign on functionality and further enhancements for supporters. Club will be communicating shortly on how to link new Hibernian FC single online Account with ticketing - we’ll all need to follow this (Club will also be adding retail and Hibs TV to this single account in due course).

Massive positive for all ✅

Hi Kieran

I might be missing it but you will probably be able to help me.

Where is the section regarding HSL ?

Thanks

GreenCastle
15-10-2020, 11:57 AM

I would suggest, in the spirit of “We Are All Hibs” that that section contained links to supporter-created content such as here and the Bounce, as well as to the three Hibs podcasts currently available.

That’s a great idea for we are all Hibs section..massive potential for making this interesting and world wide - love the various supporters groups etc.

The podcasts and fans sites aren’t official so they maybe against it due some of the views / opinions though..

The player section is really good. Be good to keep it updated and same with youth / development groups too.

matty_f
15-10-2020, 11:59 AM
That’s a great idea for we are all Hibs section..massive potential for making this interesting and world wide - love the various supporters groups etc.

The podcasts and fans sites aren’t official so they maybe against it due some of the views / opinions though..

The player section is really good. Be good to keep it updated and same with youth / development groups too.

I think with the podcasts (and if there are Youtube channels out there that it would be applicable) all they need is a disclaimer to say that they are not responsible for the content and viewer/listener discretion is required.

All three podcasts list on here and the Bounce already.

I think the club could recognise that in the forums and podcasts they have 'brand advocates' to coin a crappy corporate phrase - people who (for free) promote and discuss their product and build a level of engagement with the club and the support that the website itself can't.

GreenCastle
15-10-2020, 12:07 PM
I think with the podcasts (and if there are Youtube channels out there that it would be applicable) all they need is a disclaimer to say that they are not responsible for the content and viewer/listener discretion is required.

All three podcasts list on here and the Bounce already.

I think the club could recognise that in the forums and podcasts they have 'brand advocates' to coin a crappy corporate phrase - people who (for free) promote and discuss their product and build a level of engagement with the club and the support that the website itself can't.

Which 3 are you talking about ?

Which is most listened to?

I’ve listened to a few before but curious to see which is best rated.

Power
15-10-2020, 12:43 PM
Hi Kieran

I might be missing it but you will probably be able to help me.

Where is the section regarding HSL ?

Thanks

Good question J, sitting within WeAreAllHibs section - https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/we-are-all-hibs/hibernian-supporters

Each section set to get the site off the ground and now it’s about beefing it up and maintaining it regularly - big task but the ability for the club to update quickly will be advantageous there.

Keith_M
15-10-2020, 12:48 PM
Has anybody else been able to log in yet?

:dunno:

I tried with the same credentials I had previously for the Hibs TV page (which worked last week) but it says my E-Mail address hasn't been registered.

Power
15-10-2020, 12:58 PM

I tried with the same credentials I had previously for the Hibs TV page (which worked last week) but it says my E-Mail address hasn't been registered.

Work ongoing. Guidance about what to do next about to be issued.

I’ve registered an account on the new platform - soon I’ll be able to link to my existing Hibs eticketing account which will pull through all my details and purchases (clubstore and Hibs tv thereafter but at the moment they’re still separate).

Next Comms will be about creating an account, linking existing ticketmaster account and how to access eticketing (Platforms currently down).

Peevemor
15-10-2020, 01:06 PM

I'm getting on to Hibs TV no problem.

I use different email addresses for Hibs TV and my e-ticketing thing - I'm sure that's going to be fun. :greengrin

matty_f
15-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Which 3 are you talking about ?

Which is most listened to?

I’ve listened to a few before but curious to see which is best rated.

The three I know of are Longbangers, Down the Slope, and Hibs Talk.

I'm not sure how they compare in terms of listeners, but I can confidently say that Longbangers is the third best of the three. :greengrin

Keith_M
15-10-2020, 01:58 PM
Work ongoing. Guidance about what to do next about to be issued.

I’ve registered an account on the new platform - soon I’ll be able to link to my existing Hibs eticketing account which will pull through all my details and purchases (clubstore and Hibs tv thereafter but at the moment they’re still separate).

Next Comms will be about creating an account, linking existing ticketmaster account and how to access eticketing (Platforms currently down).

I'm getting on to Hibs TV no problem.

I use different email addresses for Hibs TV and my e-ticketing thing - I'm sure that's going to be fun. :greengrin

Cheers.

Keith_M
15-10-2020, 02:09 PM
Now registered...

...after being driven nearly insane with Captcha.

Such fun! :greengrin

DownInAlbion
15-10-2020, 06:13 PM
Both our next league fixtures kicking off at 11pm according to new website.

jacomo
15-10-2020, 08:11 PM
Both our next league fixtures kicking off at 11pm according to new website.

It’s to miss the heat of the day, as they do in Spain.

HoboHarry
15-10-2020, 08:44 PM
It’s to miss the heat of the day, as they do in Spain.
:tee hee:

seanshow
15-10-2020, 09:03 PM
and some of the other games are half past midnight.. Including the sc semi which is also on the wrong day, All easy fixes though.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-10-2020, 09:03 AM
Anyone managed to set up Online account & link existing eticketing account?
First part easy enough, but not finding my existing account.

offshorehibby
19-10-2020, 09:07 AM

I have the same problem, i have emailed e-ticketing but still waiting a reply.

I suggested they should have a tab on the online form to put your client ref no.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-10-2020, 02:00 PM
I have the same problem, i have emailed e-ticketing but still waiting a reply.

I suggested they should have a tab on the online form to put your client ref no.

Done same & awaiting reply.

Keith_M
19-10-2020, 02:30 PM

Is there a section somewhere on the site for doing that?

I can't see anything related to my Account other than the Login/Logout button

offshorehibby
19-10-2020, 04:11 PM
Is there a section somewhere on the site for doing that?

I can't see anything related to my Account other than the Login/Logout button

There is a tab top left of the new site where you can log on now, but it's not allowing you to bring up your profile.

If you've created a new account and go into the buy tickets tab and log on you'll get the following message

You’ll need to create a ticketing account and client reference number in order to purchase Hibernian tickets. It is important for you to link your new Hibernian FC Account to your existing online eTicketing account so that you can continue to purchase tickets. If you have an eTicketing account and it is not shown below, please get in touch with [email protected] for assistance.

Keith_M
19-10-2020, 04:50 PM
There is a tab top left of the new site where you can log on now, but it's not allowing you to bring up your profile.

If you've created a new account and go into the buy tickets tab and log on you'll get the following message

You’ll need to create a ticketing account and client reference number in order to purchase Hibernian tickets. It is important for you to link your new Hibernian FC Account to your existing online eTicketing account so that you can continue to purchase tickets. If you have an eTicketing account and it is not shown below, please get in touch with [email protected] for assistance.

Cheers.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-10-2020, 07:54 PM
Got a reply this afternoon, and now got mine set up & linked, bit of a problem with my son's still, but hopefully get that sorted next.

eastterrace
19-10-2020, 08:52 PM
I’m still not had a reply email so I can’t activate my account, I have also contacted them but nobody has bothered to get back to me. It’s so frustrating having a perfectly good account and they want you to change it which I have filled everything in correctly and they can’t get it sorted.

TAHibby
23-10-2020, 08:45 AM
Still not had a reply regarding this, surprised there hasn't been an official communication unless it is an unfortunate tiny minority. Has meant not being able to buy tickets for a few match days now.

Keith_M
23-10-2020, 09:18 AM
Still not had a reply regarding this ... Has meant not being able to buy tickets for a few match days now.

Must be a bit of a bummer.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-10-2020, 05:27 PM
Still not had a reply regarding this, surprised there hasn't been an official communication unless it is an unfortunate tiny minority. Has meant not being able to buy tickets for a few match days now.

[email protected]
Lynn Robertson
Ticket Office Manager

Had a lot of problems with ours, but Lynn was very helpful & all sorted now.

offshorehibby
23-10-2020, 05:57 PM
I had word back this morning and everything now synced ok

TAHibby
23-10-2020, 11:33 PM
Must be a bit of a bummer.

It was mate aye, all sorted now 👍

Power
18-01-2021, 12:27 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/sign-for-hibs-this-january

✳️ Important to create a new account for future access to club domains.

Single Sign On will allow us all to login across all club domains (eticketing, HibsTV, Clubstore) in the future with one account - at the moment it is just eticketing linked to the new Hibernian FC website account.

✅ If you have already completed this step - used eTicketing since October - then no further action is required.

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1351118822812606465?s=21

Billy Whizz
18-01-2021, 12:39 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/sign-for-hibs-this-january

✳️ Important to create a new account for future access to club domains.

Single Sign On will allow us all to login across all club domains (eticketing, HibsTV, Clubstore) in the future with one account - at the moment it is just eticketing linked to the new Hibernian FC website account.

✅ If you have already completed this step - used eTicketing since October - then no further action is required.

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1351118822812606465?s=21

KP I raised this with Hibs when I set up mine a few months ago
I take 2 young lads who don’t have email addresses
I used to manage their account with my email address and a different password
Can’t do this now unfortunately

Power
18-01-2021, 12:49 PM
KP I raised this with Hibs when I set up mine a few months ago
I take 2 young lads who don’t have email addresses
I used to manage their account with my email address and a different password
Can’t do this now unfortunately

Ah, understand where yer coming from on that one (it’ll be similar for myself with my laddie but I’ve not got that far - I’m two steps behind there).

This might need a creative solution - was it the ticket office you contacted for support? I’ll see where I can help.

Billy Whizz
18-01-2021, 01:31 PM
Ah, understand where yer coming from on that one (it’ll be similar for myself with my laddie but I’ve not got that far - I’m two steps behind there).

This might need a creative solution - was it the ticket office you contacted for support? I’ll see where I can help.

It was, I’ve sent you a PM with a copy of the email I received

ancient hibee
18-01-2021, 02:32 PM
I see that to set this up is only an eight step process :greengrin

green day
19-01-2021, 08:14 AM
Doesnt look like this single signon also applies to the HibsPass for ST holders.

I am not that bothered, just an FYI.

Eyrie
20-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Tried to sign up a few weeks ago and never got the confirmation email.

Then tried on Monday after the new email about it, only to hit the same problem. Emailed the ticket office last night and they sent me a confirmation email today, so good service from them.