PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Murray - Loan watch

Unseen work
13-10-2020, 11:49 PM
Thread for us to monitor the progress of Fraser Murray.

Happy to see him notch a double tonight with the second one an absolute screamer (even if the keeper looks a bit suspect). He also scored a screamer pre season for them.

The goals he’s scoring for them are ones full of confidence and imo something he never showed for us whatsoever as he always appeared to keep it simple and play the simple pass, certainly no long range efforts from 30 yards.

Hopefully he can develop and grow in confidence at Dunfermline into the player many have claimed he can be.

Interesting one of their fans described him as a “unit” with “lots of energy”.

Playing for us he needs to show that energy and the swagger to try a long range shot or tricky pass more often.

Hope he comes back a much better player after this loan spell, it’s certainly a bright start based on his goals - no idea how his performances have been. But tonight against Killie wouldn’t have been easy, no matter how many changes they had in their line up

1st v Kilmarnock - https://twitter.com/toynton1993/status/1316110991453716483?s=21

2nd v Kilmarnock - https://twitter.com/1885ben/status/1316113391870672902?s=21

number9dream
14-10-2020, 12:30 AM
Well done Fraser.
Hopefully, he can keep that form up and get a good run of games for the Pars.
I think he played right midfield this evening but reckon he could be very useful in a 'second striker' role, playing a bit deeper behind a number 9.

TheGog
14-10-2020, 04:29 AM
Always liked fraser thought anytime he was in the team he was in a hibs team not really playing well or in a difficult period, hope this is the spring board he needs

theonlywayisup
14-10-2020, 04:53 AM
Can anyone confirm when his contract with us is finished?

Good player, hope he does well.

The Harp
14-10-2020, 05:41 AM
Can anyone confirm when his contract with us is finished?

Good player, hope he does well.

Sure he signed a lengthy contract back in Oct 2018 which runs until the summer of 2023.
Delighted to see him producing the goods, even if it's for another club at present. Looking forward to him returning to ER and fulfilling his potential.

Big_Franck
14-10-2020, 05:51 AM
I always liked Murray and hope this year will be the making of him.

He certainly seems to have bulked up recently and looks far more robust. That free kick last night was ridiculous! Hope to see his name popping up on soccer Saturday a lot and that he'll come back ready to be a starter for us.

J-C
14-10-2020, 06:14 AM
Definitely bulked up over the summer, he looks a lot bigger. All these games will give him much needed confidence, he really needed to go on loan last year and was totally wasted sitting on a bench most of it.

JimBHibees
14-10-2020, 06:18 AM
Definitely needs games hope he does well.

DetroitHibs
14-10-2020, 06:25 AM
Seems a lot of our youngsters seem to play within themselves while at us. I’m not sure if they are told to keep it simple, or just a lack of confidence to try something. Hopefully the lad gets a few games under his belt and comes back brimming with confidence.

HendoDelivered
14-10-2020, 06:51 AM
Loan doing him wonders.

Robbo6-2
14-10-2020, 07:29 AM
Fraser Murray is a better option in the middle of the park than Mallan and Hallberg and dare I say out wide in front of Gullan

weecounty hibby
14-10-2020, 07:31 AM
Would be great to have him come back an improved, more confident player really pushing for a starting position. And with a league winners medal in his pocket!!

Since452
14-10-2020, 07:49 AM
That Whittaker boy at Dunfermline looks decent

18Craig75
14-10-2020, 07:56 AM
Fraser Murray is a better option in the middle of the park than Mallan and Hallberg and dare I say out wide in front of Gullan

He’s done nothing in a Hibs shirt to back any of that up.

Smartie
14-10-2020, 07:58 AM

Whilst I think you might be right, he never really showed it in a Hibs jersey. His appearances were fleeting, often making brief appearances during poor team performances. It wasn’t like the team wasn’t crying out for what he can offer.

Imo he needed to make this loan move (or similar) 2-3 years ago and his development stalled as he drifted at Hibs.

He’s clearly a capable and talented player, he just hasn’t shown enough at a decent level in his career to date. Hopefully it’s not too late for him and the signs are very encouraging. He’s at a good club with some good people around him so here’s hoping.

green day
14-10-2020, 08:01 AM
Seems a lot of our youngsters seem to play within themselves while at us. I’m not sure if they are told to keep it simple, or just a lack of confidence to try something. Hopefully the lad gets a few games under his belt and comes back brimming with confidence.

I think its more to do with this bit than anything else. Young players just dont get the chance of a regular runout for first teams (unless you are the likes of Hamilton) in the Premiership.

Us fans are also to blame, we were singing Doigs praises one minute, saying Lewis was finished then turning it all round after the Rangers / Celtic matches. Cannae have it all ways.

superfurryhibby
14-10-2020, 08:17 AM

Behave.

easty
14-10-2020, 08:27 AM

I’ve been critical of Hallberg, but Fraser Murray would absolutely not be a better option.

Mallan is a million miles better than Murray.

Yet to see with Gullan, it’s his chance now though. Murray’s had his time and didn’t show enough.

MWHIBBIES
14-10-2020, 08:30 AM
He would definitely be a better option than Stephen Mcginn imo.

Andy74
14-10-2020, 08:47 AM

For what they would both bring overall, obviously not at this stage or McGinn wouldn't be here and Murray would.

LancsHibs
14-10-2020, 08:52 AM
Thread for us to monitor the progress of Fraser Murray.

Happy to see him notch a double tonight with the second one an absolute screamer (even if the keeper looks a bit suspect). He also scored a screamer pre season for them.

The goals he’s scoring for them are ones full of confidence and imo something he never showed for us whatsoever as he always appeared to keep it simple and play the simple pass, certainly no long range efforts from 30 yards.

Hopefully he can develop and grow in confidence at Dunfermline into the player many have claimed he can be.

Interesting one of their fans described him as a “unit” with “lots of energy”.

Playing for us he needs to show that energy and the swagger to try a long range shot or tricky pass more often.

Hope he comes back a much better player after this loan spell, it’s certainly a bright start based on his goals - no idea how his performances have been. But tonight against Killie wouldn’t have been easy, no matter how many changes they had in their line up

1st v Kilmarnock - https://twitter.com/toynton1993/status/1316110991453716483?s=21

2nd v Kilmarnock - https://twitter.com/1885ben/status/1316113391870672902?s=21

Wow, that first goal was a great team passage of play, if that’s typical DAFC this season then they could be on for a great season & hopefully the Pars will challenge the flumps along with Dundee. As for the second what a screamer! Step aside Stevie Mallan!!

DaveF
14-10-2020, 10:42 AM
I’ve been critical of Hallberg, but Fraser Murray would absolutely not be a better option.

Hallberg 28 appearances, 1 goal.

Murray, 17 appearances, 0 goals.

Nothing there suggests one significantly better than the other. Murray has the game to make it
I hope it's with Hibs but quite a few seem keen to write him off as a dud so maybe he is better off elsewhere.

oneone73
14-10-2020, 10:44 AM

Nothing there suggests one significantly better than the other. Murray has the game to make it
I hope it's with Hibs but quite a few seem keen to write him off as a dud so maybe he is better off elsewhere.

A pedant writes: Hallberg has scored at least twice. At Hampden against Celtc and at ER against the doomed Gorgie mob.

500miles
14-10-2020, 10:45 AM

I'm not critical of Hallberg, but that's some selective stats. Murray rushed onto the scene with goals and assists in the league Cup.

DaveF
14-10-2020, 10:49 AM
Forgive me, I quickly glanced at wiki for the stats. Schoolboy error!

The Modfather
14-10-2020, 11:00 AM

Has anyone actually labelled him a dud? Or have folk, myself included, argued that it’s rare for players his age who have made so little impact to make it at that club. He probably needs a step backwards to get his progression/career back on track and a permanent move to Dunfermline might be that move.

His peers are Porteous & Shaw. One is a regular and the other has been moved on. I believe he has been badly managed the last few years when he should either have been playing or out on loan, but given our problems in midfield the fact he still didn’t make an impression two good goals last night won’t change my mind that the odds are still firmly stacked against him ever making it at Hibs.

easty
14-10-2020, 11:12 AM

They don’t even really play in the same position/role though??

Comparing Murray’s stats with Allan or Mallan would make more sense.

Murray is better off elsewhere because he’s not done enough to justify games at Hibs. I’m no writing him off as a dud, if he has a good season, and comes back and proves himself in the top league I’ll be delighted.

Brightside
14-10-2020, 11:14 AM

He may become that. He’s never done it for Hibs to date.

Pilrig_Sauzee
14-10-2020, 11:27 AM
He suffered under Heck, and looked like what swagger and confidence he once had, had been ‘coached’’ out of him. He definitely went backwards. Would love to see him back, bigger and better, but the responsibility sits with him to make the most of his time at Dunfermline force his way back to Hibs first team. Scoring in a Forth derby would afford him godlike genius status obviously.

jacomo
14-10-2020, 11:35 AM
They don’t even really play in the same position/role though??

Comparing Murray’s stats with Allan or Mallan would make more sense.

Murray is better off elsewhere because he’s not done enough to justify games at Hibs. I’m no writing him off as a dud, if he has a good season, and comes back and proves himself in the top league I’ll be delighted.

He’s gonna rip Hearts a new one this season.

truehibernian
14-10-2020, 11:35 AM
Great start to his loan, let's just let the boy play and develop and see where we are next season with Fraser :aok: more game time, more competition, more game responsibility, could be the making of him and we then get a far better developed young player. :agree:

MWHIBBIES
14-10-2020, 11:58 AM
For what they would both bring overall, obviously not at this stage or McGinn wouldn't be here and Murray would.
In an ideal world, you'd be right. But our manager is human and makes mistakes like everyone else.

J-C
14-10-2020, 01:02 PM

Did S McGinn bump you for £20, the constant digs at him is becoming tedious.

Tambo
14-10-2020, 01:57 PM
I think the loan move has come a year or two to late for fraiser but hope I'm wrong.

brog
14-10-2020, 01:59 PM
I'm sure confidence plays a large part in Fraser's game, as it does with every sports person. He scored plenty of long range shots, with both feet for the Development team, where he was one of the stars. I saw him in last game of 18/19 season against Aberdeen where he was best player on the park in the 1st half & produced a great pass for McNulty to score. As we fell away in 2nd half Fraser's performance dipped & he missed a great headed opportunity. It looks like he'll be a 1st choice at Pars & hopefully that gives him the chance to prove,not least to himself, just what a good player he is. Can only be good for us.

DetroitHibs
14-10-2020, 02:32 PM
I want to see the lad come back next season and push aside Mallam, or whoever is about to take the free kick and say I've got this one. Get that Jason Cummings's swagger about him.

MWHIBBIES
14-10-2020, 02:34 PM
Did S McGinn bump you for £20, the constant digs at him is becoming tedious.

I really don't make constant digs at him. Nothing against the guy, I just don't agree with the signing and would've preferred Murray to get a chance. Just my opinion.

mal
14-10-2020, 02:46 PM
I really don't make constant digs at him. Nothing against the guy, I just don't agree with the signing and would've preferred Murray to get a chance. Just my opinion.

I have also observed these digs so perhaps you are making them more than you realise or intend.

Andy74
14-10-2020, 03:40 PM

They aren’t similar players in any way in either the roles they would play or what they bring to the squad in experience and support for Ross behind the scenes.

Robbo6-2
14-10-2020, 03:59 PM
Fraser Murray will be a Scottish international in the future.

offshorehibby
14-10-2020, 04:08 PM

To be honest, unless Murry was outstanding in training his only appearances would be these cup games and maybe the odd 10 minuets here and there. I can't see S McGinn getting much more than that, he's here as back up.

On loan, it looks like he'll be a regular starter.

easty
14-10-2020, 04:13 PM
Fraser Murray will be a Scottish international in the future.

Nah

Smartie
14-10-2020, 04:24 PM

Did you see the thing that someone linked to where Jack Ross discussed the tactics he’d used in an important win for St Mirren against United?

McGinn played a very specific role in that win, so McGinn has a track record - in Ross’ eyes at least - of being able to deliver in that role. It’s a role that with the best will in the world, I’ve never seen anything (yet) from Murray to suggest he could do something similar.

I also had reservations about McGinn’s arrival, reservations that have been eased by Magennis’ subsequent arrival. I don’t think “Fraser Murray could have done that” is a remotely fair or accurate criticism that could have been made of McGinn’s signing.

McGinn’s had a slightly ropey few LC games btw. Constructive criticism whilst taking into account the mitigating factors is quite reasonable.

GoalsMcGinley
05-12-2020, 09:51 PM
Off the bench today after an hour. 2-0 to change the game. Scored the 1st and played a part in the 2nd. Playing extremely well by all accounts. Although being used wisely by SC. Still has 3 years to run in his Hibs contract. Could end up being a big player for us next season and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magpie
05-12-2020, 09:53 PM
Is he only on loan until January or is it until the end of the season? I feel like we could do with another left midfielder in the squad and if that’s where he’s been productive for Dunfermline then give him a chance.

GoalsMcGinley
05-12-2020, 10:06 PM
Is he only on loan until January or is it until the end of the season? I feel like we could do with another left midfielder in the squad and if that’s where he’s been productive for Dunfermline then give him a chance.

End of the season AFAIK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inconsequential
05-12-2020, 10:44 PM
A pedant writes: Hallberg has scored at least twice. At Hampden against Celtc and at ER against the doomed Gorgie mob. Hallberg scored recently against Dundee iirc. :agree:

The Modfather
06-12-2020, 11:34 AM
I’d be surprised if he ends up anything other than a squad player, but Mackie has shown it is possible to come in from looking like it was long since time to move on and actually challenge for a starting position. Although that’s probably the exception that proves the rule. Maybe the loan will be the making of Murray and he can offer us back up/an alternative to Allan.

1875Sean
06-12-2020, 11:39 AM
Had high hopes for Fraser going on loan for a season, it does worry me if he can’t get game a game week in and out for Dunfermline where would that put him when he is back at Hibs? Always good to get so many goals but I wonder why he is starting more, does he do the defensive side enough, more of a luxely player?

SChibs
06-12-2020, 12:47 PM
Probably not worth making a new thread on but Dabrowski is doing well at Dumbarton. Theyve only conceded 6 in 7 games this season and he saved a pen and had a clean sheet vs Parrick yesterday. I think when Marciano leaves us whenever that is Dabrowski will be a good replacement.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2020, 01:21 PM
Probably not worth making a new thread on but Dabrowski is doing well at Dumbarton. Theyve only conceded 6 in 7 games this season and he saved a pen and had a clean sheet vs Parrick yesterday. I think when Marciano leaves us whenever that is Dabrowski will be a good replacement.

I’m usually pretty positive but I’m trying and failing to make the connection - did they lose shed loads of goals previously? Not many one here would be happy with a keeper losing a goal a game bar one and that at a lower level?

SChibs
06-12-2020, 01:50 PM
I’m usually pretty positive but I’m trying and failing to make the connection - did they lose shed loads of goals previously? Not many one here would be happy with a keeper losing a goal a game bar one and that at a lower level?

They conceded 44 in 28 last season so they have certainly improved. My point was more he has been a key part of Dumbartons defensive unit which is surely a positive thing? Dumbarton are a bottom half side so conceding less than a goal a game is good going for them.

Hes only 22 so very young for a goalkeeper and this experience will be good for him. I'd rather he was on loan conceding few goals and saving pens than letting in loads and having howlers.

MWHIBBIES
06-12-2020, 01:56 PM

A goal a game on average is very good.