PDA

View Full Version : EPL to stream non-televised games

Monts
09-10-2020, 03:38 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54481945

Flat fee of £14.95 for all games, and streamed through BT or Sky.

ElginHibbie
09-10-2020, 03:41 PM
Crazy that season ticket holders aren't getting it for free

B.H.F.C
09-10-2020, 03:54 PM

Premier League clubs gave up caring about fans a long time ago. Keeping the likes of Sky happy is far more important to them.

murray26
09-10-2020, 04:06 PM
So season ticket holders are being asked to pay twice..? Nice..

MWHIBBIES
09-10-2020, 04:09 PM
I seriously doubt anyone is paying for this. It is extremely easy to find 1080p streams for all premier league games, every season.

Magpie
09-10-2020, 04:23 PM
Leicester were the only team to vote against it.

The 90+2
09-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Ludicrous amount man :agree:

weecounty hibby
09-10-2020, 04:41 PM
Disgraceful. But sadly many many people will pay it. It just shows how far away from being the people game it really is now. All about money and how much they can fleece from fans. Salary caps are an absolute must going forward so that kind of **** stops.

LancashireHibby
09-10-2020, 05:26 PM
In all of the kicking off I’ve seen on social media, there hasn’t been a single mention of season ticket holders and instead it is directed at having to pay on top of existing Sky subscriptions. You know, like SPFL and EFL teams have been doing all season.

It’s just a different world and a different breed of supporter.

Most (all?) of the clubs are refunding season ticket holders for each missed game at a rate higher than the £14.95 charges so, in some respects, the season ticket holders are getting a better deal in this situation.

Sammy7nil
10-10-2020, 07:08 PM
I seriously doubt anyone is paying for this. It is extremely easy to find 1080p streams for all premier league games, every season.

I would imagine many people don’t like those streams and won’t use them.

tonyrougier123
10-10-2020, 07:29 PM
Crazy!clubs should cut out the middle man and provide their own streams.i would like to see spl teams continue to stream games after lockdown measures are lifted.been decent coverage.if you can’t make the games home or away,or old firm tv (sky) doesn’t have the desire to show them at least you can tune in to your own club.

Bishop Hibee
10-10-2020, 07:31 PM
The ‘greed is good’ league.

MWHIBBIES
10-10-2020, 07:53 PM
Crazy!clubs should cut out the middle man and provide their own streams.i would like to see spl teams continue to stream games after lockdown measures are lifted.been decent coverage.if you can’t make the games home or away,or old firm tv (sky) doesn’t have the desire to show them at least you can tune in to your own club.

The tv 3pm blackout won't allow it. It is there to encourage fans to go to games. Hibs need it. Hibs would really suffer from streaming.

jgl07
10-10-2020, 08:05 PM

I understood that very few Premier League teams sold any season tickets for this year.

Manchester City certainly haven't. Liverpool tried to sell season tickets but backed off after critisism

LancashireHibby
10-10-2020, 08:10 PM
I understood that very few Premier League teams sold any season tickets for this year.

Manchester City certainly haven't. Liverpool tried to sell season tickets but backed off after critisism
And the ones that did sell them have been refunding game-by-game or at least adding each game as credit on to people’s accounts. Not bad going at all really when you consider the situation at SPFL and EFL clubs.

Irish_Steve
10-10-2020, 08:37 PM
All aboard the Black Pig - (older members will get that!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54491180

danhibees1875
10-10-2020, 08:52 PM
I seen this on Twitter/Facebook earlier and every comment was outrage, but I'm not sure why. £15 for a premiership game seems a reasonable deal and similar pricing to Scottish games.

They're not going to entice many neutrals for Burnley v Brighton etc but I don't think these streams are about that, they're to provide a route for fans to watch their teams. £15 seems reasonable for that but it sounded like people were just expecting to get unfettered access to a multi billion pound industry free of charge.

LancsHibs
10-10-2020, 09:17 PM
No thank you. Not watched an EPL game for years, certainly wouldn’t pay

MWHIBBIES
10-10-2020, 09:54 PM

Your loss honestly. Incredible this season so far.

Scouse Hibee
10-10-2020, 10:34 PM

As a football fan, I find that incredible. What other leagues do you watch.

Just_Jimmy
11-10-2020, 08:38 AM
a league moaning about a £700mill deficit yet just spent over a billion in transfer and agent fees...

get ****ed

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

wookie70
11-10-2020, 09:31 AM

I watch Match of the Day now and again but that is about it. Hibs are football to me and watching overpaid players rolling around has little interest to me. Money is the main reason I have lost my love of football in general but that has only increased my focus on Hibs.

LancsHibs
11-10-2020, 09:45 AM

None, don’t have time. If Blackpool were on TV I’d watch that. Just not interested in any of the EPL teams. I have no affinity to any of them or interest. Sorry.

Sir David Gray
11-10-2020, 09:45 AM

Clubs would lose a fortune if they continued doing that.

MWHIBBIES
11-10-2020, 09:52 AM
I watch Match of the Day now and again but that is about it. Hibs are football to me and watching overpaid players rolling around has little interest to me. Money is the main reason I have lost my love of football in general but that has only increased my focus on Hibs.

If that is all it takes, you wouldn't be watching any football. Happens here too.

3pm
11-10-2020, 12:28 PM
More proposals from the big boys this morning.

It's all about the cash.

The 90+2
11-10-2020, 12:30 PM
None, don’t have time. If Blackpool were on TV I’d watch that. Just not interested in any of the EPL teams. I have no affinity to any of them or interest. Sorry.

They’re on Ifollow every match.

wookie70
11-10-2020, 01:51 PM
If that is all it takes, you wouldn't be watching any football. Happens here too.

Hibs players aren't millionaires and although there is some play acting it is nothing in comparison to the EPL. The main thing though, as others have said, is that I simply have no affinity to any team except Hibs and since money basically dictates who wins it isn't really sporting. I know that is an issue in Scotland but I can still enjoy being part of the Hibs family knowing we will only win an occasional cup. That is reward enough for me.

Wakeyhibee
11-10-2020, 02:13 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54499998

I'm presuming this is a precursor to more Eiropean ties.

Amazed Man U are backing this given they might not make the top 16 at this rate.

All under the guise of helping the EFL.
I hope the top leagues in Europe suffer for their outrageous spending. If a lot of folks suffer more hardship as this drags out then I would think TV subscriptions will be the first to go.