PDA

View Full Version : Josh Doig

davhibby
08-10-2020, 05:46 PM
Could be out of the County game next week. All of the Scotland U19 squad currently self isolating after Billy Stark tested positive

Billy Whizz
08-10-2020, 05:46 PM
Could be out of the County game next week. All of the Scotland U19 squad currently self isolating after Billy Stark tested positive

Further to our earlier statement regarding the International Friendly Match between Scotland and England under-19s, the Scottish FA can clarify the situation that led to the abandonment of the game.

The under-19s squad and backroom team all delivered negative COVID-19 tests on Sunday to enable them to play in today’s match against England.

Three players based in England joined-up with the squad yesterday – and they and the rest of the squad were tested again with a view to Sunday’s second match.

The three players had been in isolation and had no contact with anyone else. None the less, despite testing negative during Sunday’s test, the head coach, Billy Stark, returned a positive test for COVID-19 this afternoon.

The result of the second test was immediately relayed to the under-19 team manager and the game was abandoned immediately, in line with established COVID-19 protocol.

Billy will now travel home in isolation and will self-isolate for 10 days. The playing group and the rest of the backroom team will undertake precautionary self-isolation for 14 days, whilst the Scottish Government undertakes a formal risk assessment to assess who Stark was in close contact with during the camp.

Scotland Under-19s game against England on Sunday has now been postponed along with the scheduled Under-17s match at St. George’s Park on Saturday.

We apologise to The FA for any inconvenience caused and reiterate our commitment to the health and safety of all our international players and staff.

MWHIBBIES
08-10-2020, 05:48 PM
An international break during the second wave, as we approach winter, was ****ing insane.

And there is another one next month

MurrayfieldHibs
08-10-2020, 05:53 PM
And it was only a friendly!

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Smartie
08-10-2020, 05:53 PM
An international break during the second wave, as we approach winter, was ****ing insane.

And there is another one next month

I totally agree.

It’s a surprise more players haven’t developed mystery injuries to get out of international duty. Professional athletes are unlikely to get seriously ill, but I wouldn’t be surprised if taking positive tests back to their club could get them into avoidable trouble.

Phil MaGlass
08-10-2020, 06:14 PM
International fitba will seriously impact domestic, not looking good with all these Int games coming up

Spike Mandela
08-10-2020, 06:20 PM
Let’s be honest, there’s going to be loads of covid disruptions for all football clubs whether we have Internationals or not.

I say let’s have as normal a season as we can and where the disruptions fall they fall.

number9dream
08-10-2020, 06:24 PM
Totally bonkers!
Tierney will presumably be stuck up here after being too close to Armstrong or can he drive himself back to London (with no stops) in a rental car that will need to be deep cleaned by an undocumented immigrant? A Hapoel Beer Sheva defender needs to isolate in Scotland too after a positive test. Edouard stuck in France on U21 duty... There will be examples like this all over.
Does the Scottish FA have a duty of care to provide accommodation and food etc for the Israel player, Armstrong and Tierney? Or does the local health board step in? How does it work? I guess the details are hidden behind patient confidentiality.
What happens with the U19s - do they have to stay where they are or do they all return home to isolate? if they are deemed a risk, is it wise to send them all back up the road on a bus with their masks on?
Then we have Shaquiri going to Spain with the Swiss squad a few days after a positive test. Even if it was a false positive, why do the rules that applied to Gogic not apply to him?
Footballers crisscrossing the continent at this time is absurd and Uefa will just burry their heads in the sand as long as the TV money keeps flowing.

Since452
08-10-2020, 06:26 PM
Senior International football is daft enough right now without younger age groups too. Completely needless.

1875Sean
08-10-2020, 06:27 PM
Will be interesting to see what happens with Tierney and Christie, I heard arsenal have tested Tierney three times and are trying to get him to play for the Man City game, sounds like we will continue with Lewis for the next few games

PatHead
08-10-2020, 07:10 PM
Where was the match being played?

Wilson
08-10-2020, 07:16 PM
Let’s be honest, there’s going to be loads of covid disruptions for all football clubs whether we have Internationals or not.

I say let’s have as normal a season as we can and where the disruptions fall they fall.

I agree :top marks

tonyrougier123
08-10-2020, 07:27 PM
Totally bonkers!
Tierney will presumably be stuck up here after being too close to Armstrong or can he drive himself back to London (with no stops) in a rental car that will need to be deep cleaned by an undocumented immigrant? A Hapoel Beer Sheva defender needs to isolate in Scotland too after a positive test. Edouard stuck in France on U21 duty... There will be examples like this all over.
Does the Scottish FA have a duty of care to provide accommodation and food etc for the Israel player, Armstrong and Tierney? Or does the local health board step in? How does it work? I guess the details are hidden behind patient confidentiality.
What happens with the U19s - do they have to stay where they are or do they all return home to isolate? if they are deemed a risk, is it wise to send them all back up the road on a bus with their masks on?
Then we have Shaquiri going to Spain with the Swiss squad a few days after a positive test. Even if it was a false positive, why do the rules that applied to Gogic not apply to him?
Footballers crisscrossing the continent at this time is absurd and Uefa will just burry their heads in the sand as long as the TV money keeps flowing.
Excellent rant! It sums up the whole scenario of the carry on.very contradictory at every turn.

superfurryhibby
08-10-2020, 07:48 PM
I totally agree.

It’s a surprise more players haven’t developed mystery injuries to get out of international duty. Professional athletes are unlikely to get seriously ill, but I wouldn’t be surprised if taking positive tests back to their club could get them into avoidable trouble.

Covid is non discriminating with who might suffer serious lung damage. You’re fitness as an athlete would probably be a strong protective factor with most ailments, but this one can devastate the lungs of anyone. I recently met a person in their late 20’s who had Covid back in March. Very fit, with a good lifestyle. They were telling me they are still short of breath on exertion and are very fearful about re-infection and the lack of recovery from the previous illness.

Have to also say, playing international football is stretching my credibility a bit. It’s not been a smart move with so many players testing positive and mingling etc.

WhileTheChief..
08-10-2020, 08:52 PM

Agreed. It’s gonna happen, just need to get by as best we can.

These things even themselves out over a season anyways!

davhibby
08-10-2020, 10:19 PM
Where was the match being played?

St George’s Park the England training ground

JimBHibees
08-10-2020, 10:21 PM
Agreed. It’s gonna happen, just need to get by as best we can.

These things even themselves out over a season anyways!

How do you know they will? :greengrin

PatHead
08-10-2020, 10:22 PM
St George’s Park the England training ground

So how is Billy Stark allowed to travel back up here? Surely he should have to isolate down there.

JimBHibees
09-10-2020, 06:05 AM
So how is Billy Stark allowed to travel back up here? Surely he should have to isolate down there.

Maybe family members could drive 2 cars down then he drives one beck assuming he isn't ill of course.