PDA

View Full Version : Team for Cove Rangers

Souter96Mac
08-10-2020, 06:08 AM
What do we think we'll see on Saturday? Cove will no doubt pose more of a threat going forward than Brora did, so that could work in our favour by having a more open game. I wouldn't be surprised seeing a full strength XI (with exception of those away on international duty) play on Saturday, and then maybe a more rotated side against Forfar on Tuesday, to keep the first XI lads fit for Ross County.

Barnes
P. McGinn McGregor Hanlon
Boyle Hallberg Mallan S. McGinn Stevenson
Nisbet Doidge

Maybe still too early to start Magennis, but I trust Ross' judgement. I'd give him another 30 mins or so, and then see how he feels to start Vs Forfar. I watched the post match presser this morning and Ross says Murphy looks doubtful for Sat/Tues, but they are just assessing currently.

Speedy
08-10-2020, 06:28 AM
Same team for me apart from Murphy. Mackie or Shanley in for him.

Give Magennis 45 mins, and maybe someone on for Hanlon at half time too.

JimBHibees
08-10-2020, 06:37 AM
Same team for me apart from Murphy. Mackie or Shanley in for him.

Give Magennis 45 mins, and maybe someone on for Hanlon at half time too.

Think we need to strengthen the team or we won't beat Cove imo. McGinn in for SDG, Boyle Doidge and Nisbet starting also.

Hibernian Verse
08-10-2020, 07:12 AM
Think we need to strengthen the team or we won't beat Cove imo. McGinn in for SDG, Boyle Doidge and Nisbet starting also.

Jesus Christ. One below par performance from fringe players and we now "won't beat cove".

The negativity is astounding.

Brightside
08-10-2020, 07:18 AM
P Mcginn in for sure. I’d probably go with Mackie over Lewis too. Our defence was far too passive last night. Switch to 352. Give Gullan a the first half with a partner to see how that goes. Bring on Doidge if it’s not working.

Forza Fred
08-10-2020, 07:38 AM
Jesus Christ. One below par performance from fringe players and we now "won't beat cove".

I think he’s possibly right.

Hopefully, that opinion won’t astound you.

Hibernian Verse
08-10-2020, 07:42 AM

Hopefully, that opinion won’t astound you.I'd be willing to wager on us being able to beat Cove with the team that started last night.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

makaveli1875
08-10-2020, 07:44 AM
Barnes

McGinn
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Mallan
Hallberg
Mackie

Nisbet
Doidge
Gullan

jeffers
08-10-2020, 08:30 AM
P Mcginn in for sure. I’d probably go with Mackie over Lewis too. Our defence was far too passive last night. Switch to 352. Give Gullan a the first half with a partner to see how that goes. Bring on Doidge if it’s not working.

I’d leave the defence as is. I appreciate that guys like Daz and SDG aren’t first picks now, but give them a few games to try and get some match sharpness. I’m not convinced Gullan is a natural striker, if Murphy is out play him in his position. I’d also like to see Magennis start.

Forza Fred
08-10-2020, 09:07 AM

Keith_M
08-10-2020, 09:11 AM

So good you posted it twice...

:wink:

H18 SFR
08-10-2020, 10:27 AM
I don't often contribute to the picking the team threads but I'm bored today so I will:

Barnes

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle McGinn S Mallan Magennis

Nisbet Doidge

Baring any injuries, I'd bring on Mackie, Gullan, Wright, Hallberg, Shanley.

JimBHibees
08-10-2020, 10:32 AM

Imo we will need a stronger team with more of a goal threat nothing to do with negativity.

cocteautwin
08-10-2020, 10:49 AM
Match doesn’t appear on Hibs tv schedule. Is it available PPV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
08-10-2020, 10:54 AM

It’s on premier sports, might be worth checking the Cove website

scoopyboy
08-10-2020, 10:55 AM

It's on Premier Sports so PPV won't be an option.

I recently started to subscribe to it and I am getting good value for my money. Works out under £3 a week and as well as Scottish and European football I also follow Speedway on it. Good for minority sports as well, live Stock Car racing for example :greengrin

J-C
08-10-2020, 11:47 AM
No real major changes for Cove game, these fringe players still need match fitness and another game will do them good but we do need to be more ruthless up top.

Dillon

Gray
Daz
Hanlon
Stevenson

S McGinn

Hallberg
Mallan

Boyle
Nisbet
Gullan

Stuart93
08-10-2020, 12:17 PM
I reckon we still win this regardless of the team we put out, wether it be the same as the team that started last night or not.

1van Sprou7e
08-10-2020, 12:20 PM
Wonder if Fyvie will play for them

nickwhibs
08-10-2020, 12:23 PM
I reckon we still win this regardless of the team we put out, wether it be the same as the team that started last night or not.

Agreed. Last night’s poor performance was mainly due to complacency. We need the right attitude this time out from whichever team plays and that will see us win, hopefully comfortably

Diclonius
08-10-2020, 12:28 PM
I'd like to give Gullan at least one strike partner. If he's going to be our main backup he'll need a few goals to give him some confidence.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2020, 12:33 PM
Wonder if Fyvie will play for them

He’s doubtful

EdinMike
08-10-2020, 12:42 PM
Not that I’m suggesting he be dropped, far from it. But will Hanlon get a break ?! I’m sure he feels he can play 90 mins every game gotta worry about burn out though.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2020, 01:47 PM
We have to remember that only the top 4 best teams are seeded in the next round, so this could come down to goal difference
You’d have thought last nights game was probably our easiest. We need to go to Cove and Forfar and win well now

1van Sprou7e
08-10-2020, 01:48 PM
Anyone know if it's possible to get a view into the cove stadium? I know kincorth hill is near but unsure if you'd be able to watch the game at all

Iggy Pope
08-10-2020, 02:08 PM

It astounds me that anyone thinks that Hibs XI wouldn’t be capable of beating Cove Rangers. They might not of course but to think it is unthinkable.

Unseen work
08-10-2020, 02:18 PM
........................Barnes...........

.........McGinn.....McGregor.....Hanlon.....

Boyle........Magennis......Hallberg/McGinn........Wright

........................Mallan..............

...............Nisbet...........Gullan

Since452
08-10-2020, 02:22 PM
........................Barnes...........

.........McGinn.....McGregor.....Hanlon.....

Boyle........Magennis......Hallberg/McGinn........Wright

........................Mallan..............

...............Nisbet...........Gullan

Seeing the name McGinn in a central midfield role stirs something inside me

Speedy
08-10-2020, 02:29 PM

Certaintly overly negative imo. Guilty of taking our foot off the gas at 2-0 up thinking we'd stroll in.

A boot up the arse is what's needed, not wholesale changes.

Speedy
08-10-2020, 02:30 PM
Not that I’m suggesting he be dropped, far from it. But will Hanlon get a break ?! I’m sure he feels he can play 90 mins every game gotta worry about burn out though.

I'd rest him if there's someone to cover. Can Hallberg or Bradley play centre back?

Billy Whizz
08-10-2020, 02:32 PM
Has there been any update on Newell’s injury

number9dream
08-10-2020, 02:46 PM
Plastic pitch... Wouldn't want to risk Magennis. It might rule out one or two others. Same at Forfar.

Ronniekirk
08-10-2020, 02:49 PM
Has there been any update on Newell’s injury

Sure I read it’s a shoulder injury but didn’t say how long he was out for but didn’t sound serious

MyJo
08-10-2020, 02:56 PM
_______________Barnes

McGinn___McGregor___Hanlon___Stevenson

______Mallan__McGinn__Hallberg

___Wright_____Doidge______Gullan

I think it too much of a risk to have anyone with dodgy knees playing on a plastic pitch so would avoid having Gray, Boyle or Magennis playing from the start on this one.

Gullan seems to naturally drift out wide when playing so let him do that as part of a front three with Doidge playing through the middle

CMurdoch
08-10-2020, 03:31 PM
Last nights team would beat Cove but would probably have to play with tempo for an hour instead of last nights 15 minutes

WhileTheChief..
08-10-2020, 04:00 PM
These games are just fancy training sessions.

Put out any team we like and we’ll still win.

jeffers
08-10-2020, 04:01 PM
_______________Barnes

McGinn___McGregor___Hanlon___Stevenson

______Mallan__McGinn__Hallberg

___Wright_____Doidge______Gullan

I think it too much of a risk to have anyone with dodgy knees playing on a plastic pitch so would avoid having Gray, Boyle or Magennis playing from the start on this one.

Gullan seems to naturally drift out wide when playing so let him do that as part of a front three with Doidge playing through the middle

I forgot their pitch was plastic. Won’t help McGregor either.

B.H.F.C
08-10-2020, 04:15 PM
Looks like we’ll need to do without Paul McGinn

berwickhibee
08-10-2020, 06:04 PM
Barnes

Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Mcginn
Hallberg
Gullan

Doidge
Nisbit

Unavailable

Marciano
Porteous
Mcginn
Doig
Newell
Gogic
Murphy
Allan

Dazzjw1875
09-10-2020, 05:38 AM
Is it 3pm KO on Sat or later as its on tv

JimBHibees
09-10-2020, 06:01 AM
Is it 3pm KO on Sat or later as its on tv

Definitely lunchtime kick off 1230 I think on premier sports.

JimBHibees
09-10-2020, 06:03 AM
Noticed Clarke mentioned 2 or 3 players going to be called into Scotland squad assume some chance Nisbet may be one of them.

duffers
09-10-2020, 06:57 AM
Barnes

Boyle Magennis Newell Murphy

Doidge Nisbet

Win comfortably then back to a second string / fairly weaker team at Forfar

oneone73
09-10-2020, 07:05 AM
Barnes

Boyle Magennis Newell Murphy

Doidge Nisbet

Win comfortably then back to a second string / fairly weaker team at Forfar

No chance of Murphy being fit.

007 Mickey Weir
09-10-2020, 07:27 AM
Barnes

Magennis Mallan Halberg

Boyle Gullan
Nisbet

Boyle and Gullan our wide and Mallan in the number 10 role

Brightside
09-10-2020, 07:29 AM
Noticed Clarke mentioned 2 or 3 players going to be called into Scotland squad assume some chance Nisbet may be one of them.

Hanlon prob.

H18 SFR
09-10-2020, 08:00 AM
I've just had a look at their squad on their website, on paper any team we put out should be beating them. There really will be no excuses not to get the 3 points. For the record, I think we will win pretty straightforwardly.

JimBHibees
09-10-2020, 08:23 AM
No chance of Murphy being fit.

Is Newell fit? Thought we might have heard about that

Since452
09-10-2020, 08:25 AM
Is Newell fit? Thought we might have heard about that

He'll miss the league cup games. Might be back for Ross County. Shoulder issue.

berwickhibee
09-10-2020, 10:42 AM
We are down to the bare bones tomorrow. Can Paul Mcginn play for hibs then go to Scotland squad???

1van Sprou7e
09-10-2020, 10:56 AM
Would def like to see Nisbet start, Cove are a decent side and we don't want to take any chances. Maybe start Gullan too to help him get off the mark

JimBHibees
09-10-2020, 11:06 AM
We are down to the bare bones tomorrow. Can Paul Mcginn play for hibs then go to Scotland squad???

No he will be with Scotland who play Sunday and Wednesday

Hiber-nation
09-10-2020, 11:12 AM
Mackie should be in with a shout.

GreenCastle
09-10-2020, 12:06 PM
Plastic pitch... Wouldn't want to risk Magennis. It might rule out one or two others. Same at Forfar.

Looks a decent surface for 3G but no idea how long it’s been in place.

Think he may start stronger and then make changes ideally once game is comfortable.

But the lesson from last 2 games is take control and don’t let the opposition back into it !!

SJNB Hibby
09-10-2020, 12:18 PM

Jeez give the guy a break

WhileTheChief..
09-10-2020, 12:50 PM
Would def like to see Nisbet start, Cove are a decent side and we don't want to take any chances. Maybe start Gullan too to help him get off the mark

Compared to who?!

I’ll admit that I know absolutely nothing about them but I can’t imagine any highland league team being decent in comparison to a top flight side.

No idea who their manager is and couldn’t name a single player of theirs. I’m guessing not many on here could without Google!

We’ll stroll it whatever side Jack puts out.

Craig_HFC
09-10-2020, 12:54 PM
Compared to who?!

I’ll admit that I know absolutely nothing about them but I can’t imagine any highland league team being decent in comparison to a top flight side.

No idea who their manager is and couldn’t name a single player of theirs. I’m guessing not many on here could without Google!

They're in League 1 after winning League 2 last season.

Paul Hartley is their manager. Fraser Fyvie, Mitch Megginson & Rory McAllister are there.

They'll be a much tougher challenge than Brora Rangers were but we should still be beating them relatively comfortably.

Stuart93
09-10-2020, 12:56 PM
Compared to who?!

Think you’re in a minority who wouldn’t at least know a wee bit about Cove to be honest.

Like the posters said above thought it was pretty well known that Fyvie had joined them

ancient hibee
09-10-2020, 01:26 PM
We’re Cove not involved in the Hearts promotions nonsense?

WhileTheChief..
09-10-2020, 02:12 PM
Think you’re in a minority who wouldn’t at least know a wee bit about Cove to be honest.

Like the posters said above thought it was pretty well known that Fyvie had joined them

:aok: Forgot Fyvie even existed!

Liked him when he was with us though and with Hartley as manager it adds something I suppose.

Still expect to thump them!!

ElginHibbie
09-10-2020, 02:19 PM
We’re Cove not involved in the Hearts promotions nonsense?

I think Cove would have been against any reconstruction as anything put forward meant they would have still ended up in the bottom tier

berwickhibee
09-10-2020, 04:32 PM
Jeez give the guy a break

To be fair I didn't know when the Scotland games were, hence why I asked the question about Paul mcginn👍

Unseen work
09-10-2020, 04:34 PM
Jack Ross saying we’re down to 15 players for tomorrow and that’s including the younger players (presumably Bradley and Shanley).

SJNB Hibby
09-10-2020, 04:38 PM
To be fair I didn't know when the Scotland games were, hence why I asked the question about Paul mcginn👍

Fairy nuff. Was meant more along the lines he wouldnt want to risk injury in such a match right before a possible(more and more likely) first cap

King Cosell
09-10-2020, 04:48 PM
Jack Ross saying we’re down to 15 players for tomorrow and that’s including the younger players (presumably Bradley and Shanley).

We had 20 players on Wednesday. Murphy injured, Paul McGinn away with Scotland. Who else is out?

Billy Whizz
09-10-2020, 04:54 PM

Hope he means 15 outfield players and 2 goalies

scoopyboy
10-10-2020, 07:15 AM
We had 20 players on Wednesday. Murphy injured, Paul McGinn away with Scotland. Who else is out?

Don't know if he is out but Paul Hanlon hurt himself when he scored the third goal on Wednesday.

B.H.F.C
10-10-2020, 07:18 AM
Don't know if he is out but Paul Hanlon hurt himself when he scored the third goal on Wednesday.

Noticed that at the time. If he is missing that’s our whole back four missing.

I thought we were short of a defender but that’s pretty unlucky.

BlackSheep
10-10-2020, 08:45 AM
Alan Combe is their GK coach now too, today could be a day when the underdogs show up... a lot to prove.

Certainly no walk in the park... and with our depleted squad we need to take it as seriously as we can.

JimBHibees
10-10-2020, 09:06 AM
Alan Combe is their GK coach now too, today could be a day when the underdogs show up... a lot to prove.

Certainly no walk in the park... and with our depleted squad we need to take it as seriously as we can.

Certainly need to be at it and will struggle if we play like we did last hour of Wednesday.

Wonder who else is njured maybe Doidge who apparently had a back issue prior to Hamilton game. May not be wanting to risk him on artificial pitch.

GreenCastle
10-10-2020, 09:13 AM
Paul Hartley...

Simply let’s beat this mob and see his sour face after.

Magpie
10-10-2020, 09:44 AM
I see Fyvie is a doubt with injury today.

Heisenberg
10-10-2020, 10:18 AM
Looks like a back three.

Barnes

Gray
McGregor
Stevenson

Boyle
Hallberg
McGinn
Mallan
Wright

Nisbet
Doidge

Billy Whizz
10-10-2020, 10:22 AM
So new injury is Hanlon, hopefully nothing too severe

Greenbeard
10-10-2020, 10:22 AM
Looks like a back three.

Barnes

Gray
McGregor
Stevenson

Boyle
Hallberg
McGinn
Mallan
Wright

Nisbet
Doidge
Surprised Doidge starting ahead of Gullan. Looks like he could do with a rest and re-charge.

Stuart93
10-10-2020, 10:24 AM
So new injury is Hanlon, hopefully nothing too severe

Aye he held his groin after he scored on Wednesday. Think it shows how light we are on squad depth tbh especially at CB

Billy Whizz
10-10-2020, 10:25 AM
Aye he held his groin after he scored on Wednesday. Think it shows how light we are on squad depth tbh especially at CB

Didn’t notice that, groin injuries can take a bit to heal

1van Sprou7e
10-10-2020, 10:32 AM
Very strong team, no excuses whatsoever

Brightside
10-10-2020, 10:36 AM

He got battered in the balls.

Brightside
10-10-2020, 10:37 AM
I think mcginn will be CH.

mjhibby
10-10-2020, 10:43 AM
I’d go with Mackie lb and both Boyle and Wright wide with Hallberg and Mallan in the middle with gullan and Doidge up front. S Mcginn, Nisbet and Lewis on the bench. RB might be an issue as sdg might struggle on the AstroTurf. Pity we let Stirling go as he would have been handy for this game. Will be a tight game but hopefully win 3-1.

Brightside
10-10-2020, 10:45 AM
I’d go with Mackie lb and both Boyle and Wright wide with Hallberg and Mallan in the middle with gullan and Doidge up front. S Mcginn, Nisbet and Lewis on the bench. RB might be an issue as sdg might struggle on the AstroTurf. Pity we let Stirling go as he would have been handy for this game. Will be a tight game but hopefully win 3-1.

You know the teams been announced. 😂

Billy Whizz
10-10-2020, 10:47 AM
Fyvie misses out

The 90+2
10-10-2020, 10:48 AM
Cup our cup winning legend playing for them?

Billy Whizz

Injured

The 90+2
Fyvie misses out

:greengrin the chances of my bet has just enhanced in that case.

The 90+2
10-10-2020, 10:49 AM
Injured

:aok: Thanks.

hibeejeebies
10-10-2020, 10:49 AM
Slightly surprised Gullan isn't starting. Thought these games were earmarked for him and he put himself about well the other night.

Stuart93
10-10-2020, 10:50 AM
He got battered in the balls.

I’ll no go into detail about my night last night but reckon I’d give a game eh fitbaw a good go

MWHIBBIES
10-10-2020, 10:56 AM
Down to one centre back for this match.

Could really do with picking one up on a free.

BlackSheep
10-10-2020, 11:01 AM
These games are a good chance for the CMs to show what they can do, let’s hope they all perform well today and give the boys some competition when the international break finishes. We definitely red to look at a few free transfers or at least hope we have call back clauses in our youth loans.

We could do with Forfar reporting another covid case before Tuesday so we don’t have to play and avoid further injuries.

The 90+2
10-10-2020, 11:03 AM
Down to one centre back for this match.

Could really do with picking one up on a free.

Efe....doh.

hibee_girl
10-10-2020, 11:07 AM
I’d forgotten Hartley is their manager

CentreLine
10-10-2020, 11:12 AM
Fyvie misses out

That’s a shame. Was looking forward to seeing him play. Another legend that moved on

EdinMike
10-10-2020, 11:15 AM
As I said on a thread before glad Hanlon is getting a rest.

loveofthegame
10-10-2020, 11:16 AM
Slightly surprised Gullan isn't starting. Thought these games were earmarked for him and he put himself about well the other night.

3 games in 6 days, he’ll start on Tuesday

JimBHibees
10-10-2020, 09:29 PM
Efe....doh.

He is signed for a team