PDA

View Full Version : Scotland v Israel

Pages : [1] 2

The 90+2
07-10-2020, 09:17 PM
Massive game tomorrow.

What’s your team?

https://team-picker.files.bbci.co.uk/scotland-israel-9185a67e2cbf3ba7f16dbcb1d252e31d.html

bingo70
07-10-2020, 09:20 PM
That link won’t work for me but am I right in saying it looks like Porteous will start now as McKenna, Tierney and (I think) Cooper are unavailable?

1875Sean
07-10-2020, 09:27 PM
That link won’t work for me but am I right in saying it looks like Porteous will start now as McKenna, Tierney and (I think) Cooper are unavailable?

Cooper is fit but Porteous has a good chance, the only other centre back is Gallagher, my team would be

Marshall
O’Donnell Porteous Cooper Robbie
McGinn McGregor McTomminey McLean
Fraser Dykes

But unbalanced but Fraser can pull out wide, there isn’t really any other winger in the squad so a narrow midfield

Vault Boy
07-10-2020, 09:41 PM
Marshall

O'Donnell
Porteous
Cooper
Robertson

Patterson
Fleck
McGinn
McLean
Fraser

Dykes

It's a thin squad with so many missing from a pretty imbalanced roster to begin with. Won't be an easy game by any means.

oneone73
07-10-2020, 09:43 PM
Marshall

O'Donnell
Porteous
Cooper
Robertson

Patterson
Fleck
McGinn
McLean
Fraser

Dykes

It's a thin squad with so many missing from a pretty imbalanced roaster to begin with. Won't be an easy game by any means.

Is Clarke the imbalanced roaster?

Vault Boy
07-10-2020, 09:45 PM

Quite the typo that one.

The 90+2
07-10-2020, 09:46 PM

Cooper is fine, I hope?

I would go:

Marshall

Robertson Cooper Porteous O’Donnell

Jack McTomanay

Fraser McGregor McGinn

McBurnie

The 90+2
07-10-2020, 09:47 PM
Marshall

O'Donnell
Porteous
Cooper
Robertson

Patterson
Fleck
McGinn
McLean
Fraser

Dykes

It's a thin squad with so many missing from a pretty imbalanced roster to begin with. Won't be an easy game by any means.

Patterson hasn’t played midfield for a couple of years.

Vault Boy
07-10-2020, 09:51 PM
Patterson hasn’t played midfield for a couple of years.

True, but he's plenty of experience out wide as both a WB and winger/forward. Ideally he wouldn't be in my lineup, but needs must at the moment. I think Fraser is about our biggest attacking threat and the side needs to be balanced on the opposite flank. I think Patterson is genuinely the only answer to that right now from the players in the camp.

Get Morgan in the squad. He's doing well in the USA.

The 90+2
07-10-2020, 10:09 PM
True, but he's plenty of experience out wide as both a WB and winger/forward. Ideally he wouldn't be in my lineup, but needs must at the moment. I think Fraser is about our biggest attacking threat and the side needs to be balanced on the opposite flank. I think Patterson is genuinely the only answer to that right now from the players in the camp.

Get Morgan in the squad. He's doing well in the USA.

Is there restrictions on players coming from the US at the moment? Only reason I can think Morgan and Russell aren’t getting a look in.

Good points about Patterson too but I would try and control the game through the middle. We don’t look we have enough to play a wide game.

cameronw-hfc
07-10-2020, 10:16 PM
He will play Mctominay at CB again. He's a good player but not a CB. Boy was a #10 as a youth player before growing, no way he should be back there. All because he covered there a few times in a back 3 for UTD. I don't mind Clarke but I think he's too negative, id like us to go with a 4231 with Mcginn behind the striker and Fraser and Paterson on the Right and Left respectively.

Get Dykes up top and Patterson coming into the box from opposite side and Frasers deliveries could be an issue. Especially with Mcginn at the edge of the box. Imagine it'll be a 541 though with Mctominay at CB and the midfield packed.

HoboHarry
07-10-2020, 10:16 PM

He would still be an upgrade on Ian Black, the last unbalanced roaster seen in a Scotland shirt.....

Vault Boy
07-10-2020, 10:17 PM
Is there restrictions on players coming from the US at the moment? Only reason I can think Morgan and Russell aren’t getting a look in.

Good points about Patterson too but I would try and control the game through the middle. We don’t look we have enough to play a wide game.

No idea to be honest. I'd be surprised if there is as the MLS should be testing as much as European leagues.

You're quite possibly right about our midfield in fairness.

I personally think we'd need the width as an out, as having seen us play with very centre-heavy teams in the past, it can be pretty brutal. Our best players who aren't left backs are all CMs though, so it's perfectly possible that we'll just lean into that fact.

My only prediction is that it won't be pretty. Hardly breaking new ground with that statement, but I picture a very stodgy match.

Magpie
07-10-2020, 10:21 PM
I can’t see Scotland winning unfortunately.

Haymaker
07-10-2020, 11:15 PM
No idea to be honest. I'd be surprised if there is as the MLS should be testing as much as European .

As far as I understand the situation, I can leave to return to the UK as I have a UK passport. I cannot return to the USA because I don't have a US Passport.

Some exemptions have been made but I think the MLS clubs would probably not want their players going and potentially not being allowed back/losing 14 days to quarantine.

Vault Boy
07-10-2020, 11:24 PM
As far as I understand the situation, I can leave to return to the UK as I have a UK passport. I cannot return to the USA because I don't have a US Passport.

Some exemptions have been made but I think the MLS clubs would probably not want their players going and potentially not being allowed back/losing 14 days to quarantine.

Interesting one, I see what you're saying. Thanks for the info!

Unfortunate for any non-American internationals who's nations have playoff matches, but some things are certainly more important than football.

SteveHFC
07-10-2020, 11:28 PM
Think we'll win tomorrow but lose in the final.

Paisley Hibby
08-10-2020, 05:06 AM

Hope porteous doesn't get a game as I think this is going to be very embarrassing and I'd rather he wasn't involved.

Not In The Know
08-10-2020, 06:49 AM
He will play Mctominay at CB again. He's a good player but not a CB. Boy was a #10 as a youth player before growing, no way he should be back there. All because he covered there a few times in a back 3 for UTD. I don't mind Clarke but I think he's too negative, id like us to go with a 4231 with Mcginn behind the striker and Fraser and Paterson on the Right and Left respectively.

Get Dykes up top and Patterson coming into the box from opposite side and Frasers deliveries could be an issue. Especially with Mcginn at the edge of the box. Imagine it'll be a 541 though with Mctominay at CB and the midfield packed.

mctominay is obviously a good player but if he plays centre half we will lose. He was horrendous there last time.

Souter96Mac
08-10-2020, 06:58 AM
Marshall
O'Donnell Porto Cooper Robertson
Fleck McGregor
Paterson McGinn Fraser
Dykes

That would be my team. I'm not a fan of Paterson, but we need someone that can play wide right and he's the only option available other than Fraser. I thought Mctominay and McLean were both humming last time out. Mctominay probably the more unfortunate one being played out of position, but I still wouldn't start him. I've not seen too much of Fleck, but surely he has the ability to play a forward pass. At least more so than Mctominay, McLean and Jack.

Got a feeling we'll get beat tonight unfortunately. But I hope we show some fight and resilience after the Covid-19 cases, in the same vein as that Czech team did.

The 90+2
08-10-2020, 08:35 AM
No idea to be honest. I'd be surprised if there is as the MLS should be testing as much as European leagues.

You're quite possibly right about our midfield in fairness.

I personally think we'd need the width as an out, as having seen us play with very centre-heavy teams in the past, it can be pretty brutal. Our best players who aren't left backs are all CMs though, so it's perfectly possible that we'll just lean into that fact.

My only prediction is that it won't be pretty. Hardly breaking new ground with that statement, but I picture a very stodgy match.

👍 mon the Scotland.

The 90+2
08-10-2020, 08:36 AM
mctominay is obviously a good player but if he plays centre half we will lose. He was horrendous there last time.

He got ripped to **** off Spurs at the weekend, putting him further back would be footballing suicide.

scoopyboy
08-10-2020, 09:20 AM
As much as I would love to see Ryan start it won't happen.

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-10-2020, 09:57 AM
we'll win tonight and lose the final i'd imagine - gutted there's no fans, been buzzing for this.

Marshall

O'Donnell
Gallagher
Cooper
Robbo

McTominay
SJM
Mcgregor

Fleck
Dykes

Fraser

Not In The Know
08-10-2020, 10:09 AM
we'll win tonight and lose the final i'd imagine - gutted there's no fans, been buzzing for this.

Marshall

O'Donnell
Gallagher
Cooper
Robbo

McTominay
SJM
Mcgregor

Fleck
Dykes

Fraser

Porto could be in for a debut which is exciting.

Diclonius
08-10-2020, 10:24 AM
We'll sneak a win tonight and then Haaland will dismantle us in the final.

WHAM
08-10-2020, 10:28 AM

Marshall

O'Donnell
Gallagher
Cooper
Robbo

McTominay
SJM
Mcgregor

Fleck
Dykes

Fraser

That’s probably our best team available on paper I reckon...except maybe Porteous for Gallagher.

Although I reckon he will go for Gallagher basically based on the fact he already has a few caps...

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-10-2020, 10:47 AM
That’s probably our best team available on paper I reckon...except maybe Porteous for Gallagher.

Although I reckon he will go for Gallagher basically based on the fact he already has a few caps...

Aye, That's the only reason I went for Gallagher instead of our Porto. Massive game for a debut

Jim44
08-10-2020, 10:48 AM
He would still be an upgrade on Ian Black, the last unbalanced roaster seen in a Scotland shirt.....

....... ah, Levein La Vida Loca.

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-10-2020, 10:49 AM

Dont think its a given that Norway beat Serbia tbh

Can only hope all this cross contamination results in a few of their players (inc Halland) are ruled out

Viva_Palmeiras
08-10-2020, 01:53 PM

Not after a night out with Senga... :)

SJNB Hibby
08-10-2020, 02:19 PM
Anybody know if there's any way to watch it overseas? On-line?

SJNB Hibby
08-10-2020, 02:23 PM
Anybody know if there's any way to watch it overseas? On-line?

Can answer my own question...TSN3 in Canada, Serbia - Norway, and England -Wales also being shown

Speedy
08-10-2020, 02:27 PM
Marshall
O'Donnell Porto Cooper Robertson
Fleck McGregor
Paterson McGinn Fraser
Dykes

That would be my team. I'm not a fan of Paterson, but we need someone that can play wide right and he's the only option available other than Fraser. I thought Mctominay and McLean were both humming last time out. Mctominay probably the more unfortunate one being played out of position, but I still wouldn't start him. I've not seen too much of Fleck, but surely he has the ability to play a forward pass. At least more so than Mctominay, McLean and Jack.

Got a feeling we'll get beat tonight unfortunately. But I hope we show some fight and resilience after the Covid-19 cases, in the same vein as that Czech team did.

I'd be happy with that (or any varation of that with McGinn +2 others in centre mid)

plhibs
08-10-2020, 04:00 PM
Interesting one, I see what you're saying. Thanks for the info!

Unfortunate for any non-American internationals who's nations have playoff matches, but some things are certainly more important than football.
The MLS are going through a pretty heavy schedule at the moment. My team TFC are playing 6 games between Saturday and Nov.01, most teams are the same.

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 04:06 PM
Paul McGinn called up for the nations league games.

superfurryhibby
08-10-2020, 04:14 PM
Paul McGinn called up for the nations league games.

Really?

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 04:15 PM
Really?

Will miss tonight but join up with the squad tomorrow.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2020, 04:16 PM
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/england-under-19s-v-scotland-under-19s-match-abandoned/?rid=14258

scoopyboy
08-10-2020, 04:19 PM
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/england-under-19s-v-scotland-under-19s-match-abandoned/?rid=14258

That doesn't sound good, they were due to play again in a few days as well.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2020, 04:20 PM
That doesn't sound good, they were due to play again in a few days as well.

Josh Doig started too

scoopyboy
08-10-2020, 04:25 PM
Josh Doig started too

Glad to see that Billy.

Judging by the SFA statement something has went dramatically wrong.

Strange that the game was underway when the covid issue came to light.

Time will tell

Brightside
08-10-2020, 04:32 PM

Get Doig up the road asap.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2020, 04:43 PM
VAR and goal-line technology in use tonight

Monts
08-10-2020, 04:50 PM

Seems a coach received a positive test result during the match

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 05:21 PM
Marshall
O'Donnell
Gallagher
Cooper
Robertson
McTominay
McGinn
Jack
McGregor
Dykes
McBurnie

bod
08-10-2020, 05:28 PM
4 3 3

The Modfather
08-10-2020, 05:29 PM
Marshall
O'Donnell
Gallagher
Cooper
Robertson
McTominay
McGinn
Jack
McGregor
Dykes
McBurnie

Is that the team or your prediction? Too narrow for my liking but not really been paying attention to who is still available.

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-10-2020, 05:29 PM
4 3 3

532 no?

Billy Whizz
08-10-2020, 05:30 PM
4 3 3

442 for me

Blaster
08-10-2020, 05:31 PM
Could be 3 at the back again with Mctominay

Surely not

SteveHFC
Is that the team or your prediction? Too narrow for my liking but not really been paying attention to who is still available.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ej0rLAoWkAIORUD?format=jpg&name=small

SteveHFC

Surely not

Hopefully not mate but looks like it will be.

B.H.F.C
4 3 3

I thought it could potentially be a diamond in the middle of the park.

McTominay sitting, Jack right, McGinn left and McGregor behind the front two.

JimBHibees
08-10-2020, 05:35 PM

Think Jack would be the one sitting

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-10-2020, 05:37 PM

Ah that makes sense - no width though. Robbo excels when overlapping

inglisavhibs
08-10-2020, 05:39 PM

no width in midfield. ryan fraser should have started.

B.H.F.C
08-10-2020, 05:40 PM

It might not be of course. Some of Clarke’s formations and where he’s decided to play players, at times, means it could really be anything.

JohnMcM
08-10-2020, 05:42 PM

Surely not

I hope Clarke doesn't make that choice again. He can't play in a back 3 as CB, it's just not his game.

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-10-2020, 05:42 PM
no width in midfield. ryan fraser should have started.

Absolutely

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-10-2020, 05:43 PM
Massive game for McBurnie - pull yer socks up big man

Phil MaGlass
08-10-2020, 05:46 PM
Its been a long time that I have been this excited by a Scotland game,
c´mon Scotland gerintaethum:saltireflag

Sylar
08-10-2020, 05:49 PM
Not sure about the strike partnership. Both players are very similar in their style - target men that aren't especially quick or mobile. Would much rather have seen Dykes and Shankland partnered.

Hopefully not long before Leigh is back in the side. We could be doing with a willing and able LG leading the line.

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 05:50 PM
Marciano starts for Israel.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2020, 05:52 PM
Marciano starts for Israel.

And so does Bitton, although Lenny said he’s not fit

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 06:02 PM
3-5-2 confirmed ffs

Brightside
08-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Ffs.staggering to hang out mctominay like that.

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 06:06 PM
Ffs.staggering to hang out mctominay like that.

When there’s a centre-back on the bench.

JohnMcM
08-10-2020, 06:07 PM
3-5-2 confirmed ffs

Can't be. He must have learned by now these players are not up to it. :confused:

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-10-2020, 06:07 PM
3-5-2 confirmed ffs

Knew it. Ffs! McTominay must be gutted he chose us

Diclonius
08-10-2020, 06:09 PM
What is about the Scotland job that turns respected, intelligent and competent managers into stubborn idiots?

Our best midfielder is not a ****ing centre back!

Vault Boy
08-10-2020, 06:11 PM
What is about the Scotland job that turns respected, intelligent and competent managers into stubborn idiots?

Our best midfielder is not a ****ing centre back!

And his name is John :greengrin

Just_Jimmy
08-10-2020, 06:13 PM
start the on form centre back at centre back

start our arguable best midfielder in midfield.

but naw, let's play a formation that's looked ***** and players out of position.

I'm not being ridiculous when I say if we lose this MASSIVE game then Clarke should go. he's clueless.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
08-10-2020, 06:14 PM
I thought our McGinn had been called up? He isn't named as a sub even?

Just_Jimmy
08-10-2020, 06:15 PM
I thought our McGinn had been called up? He isn't named as a sub even?not in time for tonight

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Smartie
08-10-2020, 06:18 PM
Its been a long time that I have been this excited by a Scotland game,
c´mon Scotland gerintaethum:saltireflag

I was looking forward to the March game for months.

I've literally just realised that this game is on now.

Strange times.

Huge game for us. Not really going to pass much comment on the team, as I've not really been paying attention. The games in September were dreadful though so it will be disappointing if he looks like doing similar again, although I do have a lot of respect for Clarke as a manager.

Phil MaGlass
08-10-2020, 06:21 PM
:greengrin:greengrin

Do managers intentionally play their best players out of position so they can receive big pay offs when sacked. ah mean, wtf?

Sylar
08-10-2020, 06:27 PM
McBurnie gets stick because he has an English accent?

**** off McFadden, he gets stick because he continuously flatters to deceive and then sacks off playing for his country to instead play a pre-season friendly with his club.

JimBHibees
08-10-2020, 06:28 PM
Faddy Oli mcburnie gets criticised because he has an English accent, what a crock that is imo.

JimBHibees
08-10-2020, 06:29 PM

**** off McFadden, he gets stick because he continuously flatters to deceive and then sacks off playing for his country to instead play a pre-season friendly with his club.

Agree up to the player to win round the fans. Jack to do with his accent

CA Hibby
08-10-2020, 06:33 PM

You can leave on your UK passport, and as long as you have a working VISA can return to US, however you must quarantine for 14 days.
These players would need to Quarantine and as the season is shortened with so many games in a small period of time, it would be pretty much put an end to the season for them

Since452
08-10-2020, 06:38 PM

This

H18 SFR
08-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Did Sturgeon and Leitch not ban singing? Hope she’s not watching.

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Hope Marciano has a terrible game for once :greengrin

Sylar
08-10-2020, 06:52 PM
Is that the Israeli subs that are audibly chanting and cheering them on? It's not piped in noise, that's for sure.

BarneyBreslin
08-10-2020, 06:53 PM
Is that the Israeli subs that are audibly chanting and cheering them on? It's not piped in noise, that's for sure.

Was thinking that myself

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 06:54 PM

The first minister will be furious.

CmoantheHibs
08-10-2020, 06:55 PM
SJM should have done better there

Haymaker
08-10-2020, 06:57 PM
You can leave on your UK passport, and as long as you have a working VISA can return to US, however you must quarantine for 14 days.
These players would need to Quarantine and as the season is shortened with so many games in a small period of time, it would be pretty much put an end to the season for them

I was told I wouldn't be allowed to return on my working visa? It is printed in my passport but I was informed I couldn't return right now.

I hope I can leave and return!

calumhibee1
08-10-2020, 07:06 PM
2 of the back 5 re from the team 9th in the Scottish Premiership. And that’s before we even get to the horrendous McKenna.

Porteous should be in there.

Sylar
08-10-2020, 07:08 PM
4/10 so far. Must do MUCH better...

Since90+2
08-10-2020, 07:08 PM

There's definitely a small group of Israel fans/officials singing songs. Dont think it's the subs though, that would be abit weird.

Hibbyradge
08-10-2020, 07:10 PM
Israel seem to have more ideas and movement in the last third.

Brightside
08-10-2020, 07:12 PM
Scotland are so dull

J-C
08-10-2020, 07:12 PM
So who's the home team tonight?

SJNB Hibby
08-10-2020, 07:13 PM
Their goal's gonna come down the left wing:confused:

brog
08-10-2020, 07:13 PM
O'Donnell looks like he's wandered on from the nearest public park!

Phil MaGlass
08-10-2020, 07:14 PM
Serbia all over Norway

Andymac85
Scotland just look pedestrian. We may well win tonight, but ain’t a chance we are getting passed Norway or Serbia.

Andymac85
O'Donnell looks like he's wandered on from the nearest public park!

How he’s in the squad, I have no idea.

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 07:15 PM
That dasa looks decent.

H18 SFR
08-10-2020, 07:15 PM
This game has less intensity than last night vs Brora.

SChibs
08-10-2020, 07:16 PM
Dusting off the tin hat here...

Andy Robertson is overrated. I think the system Liverpool play suits him down to a tee and he plays very well playing that way. But, I think if he in any other top team playing a different way he wouldn't look as good. I think Tierney when available is a better option for Scotland

B.H.F.C
08-10-2020, 07:17 PM
Need to do more here. Can’t let this pass us by.

Sylar
08-10-2020, 07:17 PM
Constantly sideways or backward. It's so ****ing negative.

The players look terrified to get the ball.

Sylar
08-10-2020, 07:18 PM
McBurnie doesn't deserve to see half time. He's absolutely garbage.

Phil MaGlass
Norway oming back into it with a couple of shots and a bit of pressure

SChibs
Constantly sideways or backward. It's so ****ing negative.

The players look terrified to get the ball.

Hoofball isnt pretty but Dykes is winning and flicking on plenty so it's probably our best option here imo

Andymac85
08-10-2020, 07:19 PM

Andy Robertson is overrated. I think the system Liverpool play suits him down to a tee and he plays very well playing that way. But, I think if he in any other top team playing a different way he wouldn't look as good. I think Tierney when available is a better option for Scotland

I just think we expect too much for him. Difficult to win a game on your own from left back.

Phil MaGlass
08-10-2020, 07:19 PM

yir joking right, over rated, on yir bike, champs league and league winners medal and over rated :confused::confused::confused:

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 07:20 PM
McBurnie doesn't deserve to see half time. He's absolutely garbage.

Dykes showing McBurnie up here.

CmoantheHibs
08-10-2020, 07:21 PM
There is so little movement . Most of the time the ball needs to go back because there is so little movement in front of players.

J-C
McBurnie is brutal, touch of an elephant, McGregor still overrated and O'Donnell just cack. Clarke should he nowhere near managing this team, hes another footballing dinosaur.

Robbo6-2
Shankland for Mcburnie

MWHIBBIES
08-10-2020, 07:22 PM

So the real manager Liverpool have, with the real tactics that suit him, makes him look good? Don't think that makes him overrated. It means Clarke is failing to get the best of him.

pontius pilate
08-10-2020, 07:23 PM
We are far too negative anytime Robertson has bombed forward dasa is marking him out the game o Donnell on the other side is seeing none if the ball do no width, McGregor Jack are making no effort to support any kind of attack, Mcburnie is a waste of a Jersey I'm afraid, the only players making any kind of effort are SJM, Dykes, and Robertson, the back 3 haven't been put under any pressure but having Mctominay in there again is bad management, so negative as we have been under Clarke maybe time for him to go

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
So the real manager Liverpool have, with the real tactics that suit him, makes him look good? Don't think that makes him overrated. It means Clarke is failing to get the best of him.

They always say Roberson is better as a left back, with the full pitch in front of him to attack

Phil MaGlass
were sitting too deep here

SChibs
08-10-2020, 07:24 PM
yir joking right, over rated, on yir bike, champs league and league winners medal and over rated :confused::confused::confused:

I didnt say he was a bad player I just dont think hes as good as people make out.

Phil MaGlass
08-10-2020, 07:24 PM
linesman looks like a fat Chandler Bing

Greenfly
08-10-2020, 07:25 PM
Sitter and shocker

Hibby70
I've seen more movement in an episode of Still Game

hibee_girl
How's he missed that?

Diclonius
How

Andymac85
Wow.

Phil MaGlass
Robertsons a fantastic player

Vault Boy
Wow, how's he missed that?!

Stuart93
Man Utd? Jesus.

Sylar
FFS McSauce. That was a terrible miss.

SChibs
08-10-2020, 07:26 PM

Well I think if he was as good as some people say he was he would be able to play different systems. Like the best strikers can play upfront in a 1,2 or 3 and still stand out?

Phil MaGlass
what a miss

CmoantheHibs
Damn i was mid air . Thought that was in.

cannastar
08-10-2020, 07:28 PM
are mcginn and mcgregor playing in each others positions i think wee john is too far forward and mcgregor is sitting too deep. should swap roles.

MWHIBBIES
08-10-2020, 07:29 PM
Well I think if he was as good as some people say he was he would be able to play different systems. Like the best strikers can play upfront in a 1,2 or 3 and still stand out?

You could be right but same could be said for literally anyone in this side.

Its actually the same for many at international level. Think about players who take some time to adapt to new teams at club level. Some can take 15/20 games. At international level, that is 2 years. Many quality players at club level underperform at international level.

brog
08-10-2020, 07:29 PM
Ryan Jack very effective in the Hallberg role! Sorry! 😁

Greenfly
08-10-2020, 07:30 PM
This has got a depressingly familiar shape to it.

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 07:31 PM
That was a horrendous first half.

SJNB Hibby
Coming more into it, but O'Donnell no better as a winger than a left back

Phil MaGlass
0-0 nor v ser

SChibs
08-10-2020, 07:32 PM
You could be right but same could be said for literally anyone in this side.

Its actually the same for many at international level. Think about players who take some time to adapt to new teams at club level. Some can take 15/20 games. At international level, that is 2 years. Many quality players at club level underperform at international level.

Its frustrating to see Bale dominate games for Wales and stand out whatever way the team plays and he drags them to victory a lot of the time. I think for that reason Bale is that level above Robertson is just now. Like I said I think Robertson is good but for Scotland I think Tierney would be a better option. I think hes better defensively which is quite important for Scotland. Even when playing the likes of Gibraltar and San Marino

NC1875
08-10-2020, 07:32 PM
Genuinely gobsmacked that McBurnie makes a living as a football player. And even more so that he plays in the EPL.

murray26
08-10-2020, 07:33 PM
O’Donnell is not up to it at this level.. get him off.

SChibs
08-10-2020, 07:33 PM
We're winning on throw ins, it's all gonna be okay

MWHIBBIES
08-10-2020, 07:34 PM
Its frustrating to see Bale dominate games for Wales and stand out whatever way the team plays and he drags them to victory a lot of the time. I think for that reason Bale is that level above Robertson is just now. Like I said I think Robertson is good but for Scotland I think Tierney would be a better option. I think hes better defensively which is quite important for Scotland. Even when playing the likes of Gibraltar and San Marino

Bale is a forward. Robertson is a left back. There is no comparison really. Of course one has more impact in winning games.

Bale has hardly kicked a ball in 18 months while Robbo has a CL and PL winners medal in that time.

I think both of them should and will play.

J-C
08-10-2020, 07:34 PM
My eyes are hurting after that 45 mins, internationalist haga dontbmake me laugh, embarrassing.

Hibby Bairn
08-10-2020, 07:35 PM
Be better with Dobbie in beside Dykes. Seriously. Some of these boys playing in the EPL are bang average. On tens of thousands a week.

Tha Cabbage Kid
08-10-2020, 07:36 PM
Can't say I've ever been impressed with mcburnie wish sparky was playing [emoji22]

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

cannastar
McGinn plays a deeper role in aston villa 7 v liverpool 2 allowing grealish and barclay to be more of a forward threat but tonight steve clarke has john forward playing what is clarke not seeing but dean smith did.

weecounty hibby
McBurnie just doesn't look interested. Add that to the fact that he's just not very good and that's not a good combination

Coco Bryce
We are pish. End of.

Stuart93
08-10-2020, 07:40 PM
This actually makes me miss Strachan

Hiber-nation
08-10-2020, 07:41 PM
We're doing fine and should be ahead. Playing ok considering the players that are out.

SChibs
08-10-2020, 07:44 PM
We're doing fine and should be ahead. Playing ok considering the players that are out.

I agree, had a couple of decent opportunities compared to Isreals zero

Brightside
08-10-2020, 07:52 PM
Rocky would love to play Scotland every week.

Phil MaGlass
08-10-2020, 07:53 PM
cancel

EdinMike
08-10-2020, 07:55 PM
So I’m guessing I haven’t missed much first half...

CmoantheHibs
08-10-2020, 07:58 PM
Looks like Israel are looking to open up more this half. May leave more spaces for us to exploit.

Vault Boy
08-10-2020, 08:01 PM
Finally making some chances here.

B.H.F.C
08-10-2020, 08:02 PM
Ryan Jack has been a waste of a jersey.

scottish_sleepy
08-10-2020, 08:02 PM
Pass along the back 3 then leather it as far as they can. Dykes hasn't done too badly to be fair. I'd take off McBirnie and give Shankland half an hour.

Vault Boy
08-10-2020, 08:03 PM
Our lack of width is a big problem. Get Fraser on.

cabbageandribs1875
08-10-2020, 08:04 PM
get jack off ffs

calumhibee1
08-10-2020, 08:05 PM
Genuinely gobsmacked that McBurnie makes a living as a football player. And even more so that he plays in the EPL.

He’s absolutely ****ing dreadful.

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 08:05 PM
Get a sub on.

Dunbar Hibee
08-10-2020, 08:06 PM
He’s absolutely ****ing dreadful.

He’s not that good.

CloudSquall
08-10-2020, 08:06 PM
Other limited teams (thinking about the likes of Northern Ireland under O´Neil) seem to be able to organise themselves in a way to get results and compete as a team at a level that appears above their individual skill level.

I was hoping Clarke could do the same with Scotland but playing the likes of McTominay at CB isn´t going to do it, we need to be playing players where they are comfortable and at their best.

brog
08-10-2020, 08:07 PM
Did McGregor go off at half time? Don't think he's touched the ball.

B.H.F.C
08-10-2020, 08:08 PM
I’d have Fraser on. A bit more pace going forward would make a huge difference.

scottish_sleepy
08-10-2020, 08:09 PM
I was hoping Clarke could do the same with Scotland but playing the likes of McTominay at CB isn´t going to do it, we need to be playing players where they are comfortable and at their best.

Lol far too sensible.

SChibs
08-10-2020, 08:10 PM
I defended McGregor when a thread singled him out last time but he has been rubbish tonight.

Phil MaGlass
desperate need changes

Hibby70

The one from Dad's Army would add pace to this team.

brog
08-10-2020, 08:11 PM

Agreed, we have zero width & SOD is an embarrassment.

Phil MaGlass
08-10-2020, 08:11 PM
ffs 5 subs. get on with it

J-C
08-10-2020, 08:12 PM
69 mins and still no subs, Clarke and the players are clueless, truly brutal to watch.

Andy74
08-10-2020, 08:12 PM
Other limited teams (thinking about the likes of Northern Ireland under O´Neil) seem to be able to organise themselves in a way to get results and compete as a team at a level that appears above their individual skill level.

Hampden doesn’t help. We should be playing like a club team in that sort of environment.

Teams like NI know their strengths and play to them. We make international football more difficult than it needs to be. Pick the best local players in their positions. Stick with them and get on with it.

H18S NX
08-10-2020, 08:16 PM
Marciano to score the winning penalty:wink:

Hibs4185
08-10-2020, 08:16 PM
Surely on current form and stats, Nisbet should be ahead of shankland?

B.H.F.C
08-10-2020, 08:17 PM
McGinn has a few chances to put his foot through it but tried to be too clever.

CentreLine
08-10-2020, 08:21 PM
Why does the commentator feel the need to use both names all the time for Abu Fani

Titter ye not 🤣

Hibs4185
08-10-2020, 08:21 PM
McGinn has a few chances to put his foot through it but tried to be too clever.

McGinn has been our best player by a country mile

Sylar
08-10-2020, 08:22 PM
Someone take one for the team and clatter Dasa out of the game. He's playing out of his skin!

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 08:23 PM
Fraser should have been on 80mins ago.

Dunbar Hibee

Agreed, however that doesn’t say much.

B.H.F.C

Aye but he’s should still take the opportunity to shoot when he gets it.

SJNB Hibby
08-10-2020, 08:24 PM

He's not been great, but at least he's showing some desire to be involved

Vault Boy
08-10-2020, 08:24 PM
Serbia winning

Sylar
08-10-2020, 08:25 PM
Norway 0-1 Serbia

scottish_sleepy
Jack and McGregor look absolutely knackered. What's the point in having 5 subs if you don't use them.

brog
I think Ryan Jack has now just shaded it over SOD as our worst player. That's some accolade tonight!!

H113EE5
Two evenings running... great entertainment!!!!! Bring back the lock-down. :confused::confused:

The Spaceman
08-10-2020, 08:27 PM
Get Steve Clarke to ****. We’ve regressed massively under him. Negative, bland and massively underperforming.

Aldo
08-10-2020, 08:28 PM
Don’t think we’ve had a shot on target!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CloudSquall
08-10-2020, 08:29 PM
This actually makes me miss Strachan

It makes me miss McLeish

JXM73
08-10-2020, 08:30 PM
Don’t think we’ve had a shot on target!

Only been one from both sides all game, 72nd minute!

Aldo
08-10-2020, 08:30 PM
Only been one from both sides all game, 72nd minute!

Ta!

Magpie
08-10-2020, 08:31 PM
Scotland are pish

Stonewall
08-10-2020, 08:32 PM
I just love it when everybody seems surprised and gets angry about how crap Scotland are EVERY time they play.

Makes international breaks worthwhile.

SJNB Hibby
08-10-2020, 08:32 PM
Sucker punch time

cabbageandribs1875
08-10-2020, 08:33 PM
viewers have suffered enough just go straight to penalties

JXM73
08-10-2020, 08:34 PM
Norway 1 serbia 1

Onceinawhile
Absolute mince.

SJNB Hibby
Norway 1-1 Serbia

J-C
Dont think I can last another 30 mins of this pish

CloudSquall
08-10-2020, 08:35 PM
Marciano won´t have many easier 90 minutes in Scotland than tonight.

J-C
08-10-2020, 08:36 PM
Maybe Clarke is waiting to get all his penalty takers on the pitch.

Magpie
08-10-2020, 08:37 PM
I’m in the pub, might catch penalties if I’m early enough.

zitelli62
08-10-2020, 08:38 PM
30 more minutes what a thought, rocky must have smoked 5 cigars tonight.

Magpie
08-10-2020, 08:39 PM
If Scotland lose, will Steve Clarke be gone in the coming days?

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 08:40 PM
He takes Dykes off for Paterson.

Oh dear.

Vault Boy
Patterson on for Dykes

GRA
Don't care the game has been gash... just get through to the final!!🤞

Hiber-nation

Why? What could any manager do with that bunch of players?

J-C
08-10-2020, 08:41 PM
Our prayers are answered, Callum ****ing Paterson is on, kill me now.

scoopyboy
08-10-2020, 08:42 PM
When is the last time Scotland played extra time, if ever?

Sylar
08-10-2020, 08:42 PM

Play some of the players in natural positions for starters...

H18 SFR
08-10-2020, 08:43 PM

Vs the USA about 50 years ago I think.

gbhibby
08-10-2020, 08:43 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Wake me up when something happens.

SJNB Hibby
08-10-2020, 08:44 PM

Good question? Cant think of any

SJNB Hibby
08-10-2020, 08:45 PM

What competition?

scoopyboy
08-10-2020, 08:45 PM

Wow, what would that have been in?

CropleyWasGod
08-10-2020, 08:46 PM

Czechoslovakia. 1962 WC qualifier

brog
Good question? Cant think of any

Commentator said was in 61 when we lost 4 2 to Czech. IIRC we had a patched up team but played very well against a team that ended up losing to Brazil in the WC final.

J-C

He's played players out of position, playing with no width, choosing players who aren't even the best in the leagues they play for. He got a lucky wee spell at Killie which gave him this job, he's a dour miserable ****er of a man who doesn't inspire confidence or motivation.

CentreLine
08-10-2020, 08:47 PM

Hope not because Jack Ross might be next in line

brog
08-10-2020, 08:48 PM
Alex Cropley 2 caps. Callum McGregor, 20+. Makes me weep.

Chorley Hibee
Is it just me that finds this whole Nations League a complete farce?

Giving teams of this standard (Scotland and Israel) the opportunity to qualify at the expense of nations who are considerably better.

Also, Georgia are playing North Macedonia in a few weeks with the winner qualifying for the finals.

Makes a complete mockery of the tournament in my eyes.

SteveHFC
Porteous to come on and score the winner

SJNB Hibby
08-10-2020, 08:49 PM
Porto coming on?

Vault Boy
08-10-2020, 08:49 PM
Gallagher is fine, unluckily for Porto.

O'Rourke3
08-10-2020, 08:52 PM
Why? What could any manager do with that bunch of players?Try to win the game? We still have not a shot on target.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
08-10-2020, 08:52 PM
He's played players out of position, playing with no width, choosing players who aren't even the best in the leagues they play for. He got a lucky wee spell at Killie which gave him this job, he's a dour miserable ****er of a man who doesn't inspire confidence or motivation.

I'm no great fan of Clarke either but I'd rather have his dourness than the slaverings that Strachan used to come out with!

J-C
08-10-2020, 08:53 PM
I'm no great fan of Clarke either but I'd rather have his dourness than the slaverings that Strachan used to come out with!

At least wee Gogs tried to play decent football.

cabbageandribs1875
08-10-2020, 08:54 PM
bosnia 1 norn ireland 1
slovakia 0 rep ireland 0

ET in both

norway 1 serbia 2

HoboHarry
08-10-2020, 08:55 PM
Alex Cropley 2 caps. Callum McGregor, 20+. Makes me weep.
Gary Kenneth got two caps - that infinitely worse.....

EdinMike
08-10-2020, 08:55 PM
Norway 1 - 2 Serbia

supermcginn
08-10-2020, 08:56 PM

A lucky wee spell 😂 hilarious

Hiber-nation
08-10-2020, 08:56 PM
At least wee Gogs tried to play decent football.

He had better players for most of his time. Anyway I don't actually care when you see what striking options we've got, we wouldn't have a hope if we qualified.

SteveHFC
08-10-2020, 08:57 PM
Feel sorry for the cardboard cutouts watching this game.

crash
08-10-2020, 08:57 PM
Wonder if the pubs will close at 10.00 tonight?

Not In The Know
08-10-2020, 08:58 PM
And Martin Boyle is better than Fraser.

well done GJP

08-10-2020, 09:00 PM
Hope we've done plenty of practicing of penalties.

brog
08-10-2020, 09:00 PM
Gary Kenneth got two caps - that infinitely worse.....

Agreed! Worst ever.

Magpie
08-10-2020, 09:01 PM
Marciano is a good penalty saver. I have no hope.

Magpie
08-10-2020, 09:01 PM
How Martin Boyle never called up I’ll never know.

Brightside
08-10-2020, 09:02 PM
Did Clark even talk to the team there. Just leaving it to Robertson. Pointless.

gbhibby

well done GJP

Exactly we have no width in the team or pace. Can't keep possession.

J-C
A lucky wee spell 😂 hilarious

No as hilarious as your sorry comments on the Hallberg thread.

supermcginn
08-10-2020, 09:03 PM

well done GJP

Is that the same ryan fraser who only came second to eden hazard in the assists chart two seasons ago playing for mighty Bournemouth in the best league in the world and who topped the chances created chart ahead of the likes of de bruyne and salah? Some mental posts on here.

Brightside
08-10-2020, 09:03 PM
Hanlon would have scored that.