PDA

View Full Version : Dundee awarded 3-0 win over Forfar - Covid

hibby6270
06-10-2020, 05:09 PM
Just announced a Forfar player tested positive. Dundee win by default.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54441543

superfurryhibby
06-10-2020, 05:17 PM
Just read that article too. I wonder how wise it is to play these ties?

theonlywayisup
06-10-2020, 05:20 PM
Think we'll see a lot more of this in the lower leagues. But what's the rules that they are applying. Hibs, Hamilton and St. Mirren recently have all had players that have tested positive, so how is this any different. I assume Forfar are not able to pick a team that they know are Covid-free, so that's the reason!

What would happen if (say) Hibs or Hertz had a number of Covid-19 positives on the lead up to the cup semi-final? What would happen in that case?

Craigmount Hibs
06-10-2020, 05:29 PM
Think we'll see a lot more of this in the lower leagues. But what's the rules that they are applying. Hibs, Hamilton and St. Mirren recently have all had players that have tested positive, so how is this any different. I assume Forfar are not able to pick a team that they know are Covid-free, so that's the reason!

What would happen if (say) Hibs or Hertz had a number of Covid-19 positives on the lead up to the cup semi-final? What would happen in that case?

It's up to the clubs to field a team, from available players. If they can't, or choose not to, they forfeit the tie.

Spike Mandela
06-10-2020, 05:34 PM
Was it two years ago Hearts fielded an ineligible player and the authorities invented a two point penalty so Hearts could still qualify? Should have been a 3-0 defeat

Authorities always look after them eh.:devil:

declan macmanus
06-10-2020, 06:47 PM
League cup is already a shambles..... The SPFL (and the premier clubs) should be helping to pay for COVID tests for the lower league clubs... the fact that Forfar have had to forfeit due to one positive test is a nonsense...

SJNB Hibby
06-10-2020, 06:56 PM
League cup is already a shambles..... The SPFL (and the premier clubs) should be helping to pay for COVID tests for the lower league clubs... the fact that Forfar have had to forfeit due to one positive test is a nonsense...

I think I read where Ross are covering the costs of tests for the non league teams in their group?

B.H.F.C
06-10-2020, 06:57 PM

I agree that it’s a shambles.

But I don’t see why teams like us should have to shell out for other clubs to test when we already have our own extensive costs for that, that they don’t.

Phil MaGlass
06-10-2020, 07:05 PM
I agree that it’s a shambles.

But I don’t see why teams like us should have to shell out for other clubs to test when we already have our own extensive costs for that, that they don’t.

Really? You don´t see it for the greater good, helping out smaller clubs an keeping the game here viable?

at last 61
06-10-2020, 07:25 PM
Spfl at their best If a small team can’t field a team because of covid they should not be getting punished why do we still have these clowns running our game

B.H.F.C
06-10-2020, 07:30 PM
Really? You don´t see it for the greater good, helping out smaller clubs an keeping the game here viable?

First and foremost I think we need to remain viable ourselves and we’re already losing significant amounts.

Do I think it’s good that the likes of Forfar can make a few quid out of PPV when they play us? Definitely. But I don’t think it should be left to the likes of us, or other Premiership clubs, to pay other clubs bills, no.

Sir David Gray
06-10-2020, 07:45 PM
First and foremost I think we need to remain viable ourselves and we’re already losing significant amounts.

Do I think it’s good that the likes of Forfar can make a few quid out of PPV when they play us? Definitely. But I don’t think it should be left to the likes of us, or other Premiership clubs, to pay other clubs bills, no.

Absolutely.

green day
06-10-2020, 07:48 PM

Thought James Anderson did that?

JOD
06-10-2020, 11:06 PM
All Im worried is about us playing untested part time players and the virus getting into our bubble and stopping us humping the pub team in the semi.

davhibby
07-10-2020, 01:08 AM
A positive test in the lower leagues is going to result in the full squad isolating the majority of the time. In league fixtures they might have enough free midweeks to reschedule games but there’s nowhere for these cup games to go. Top flight teams are treated differently not only because of the twice weekly testing but all the players wear GPS trackers during training.

JimBHibees
07-10-2020, 05:55 AM

Was that not what Andersons money was for?

BoomtownHibees
07-10-2020, 07:07 AM
I’m sure I read that there was not enough time from finding out about the positive player to establish if the rest of the team needed to isolate or not so the game couldn’t go ahead

hibbysam
07-10-2020, 07:08 AM
Was that not what Andersons money was for?

Considering he gave the money months ago, before they had even started training, and then it was confirmed these teams wouldn’t have to test, then I’d hope they spent the money on surviving as a club, and not putting it away for one game that they didn’t know they had to test for until about two weeks ago.

hibbysam
07-10-2020, 07:09 AM
I’m sure I read that there was not enough time from finding out about the positive player to establish if the rest of the team needed to isolate or not so the game couldn’t go ahead

It was an NHS test and they need to go through the test and protect stuff which takes a couple of days I think, all players potentially could’ve been at risk so they couldn’t take the chance.

where'stheslope
07-10-2020, 08:37 AM
Now that losing the game 3-0 and points, has a precedent been set for all games postponed due to covid-19???
SPFL said there was not enough dates left in the calendar to put back games!!!

PatHead
07-10-2020, 09:00 AM
Now that losing the game 3-0 and points, has a precedent been set for all games postponed due to covid-19???

An agreement was in place for cup games. Don't think it applies to league games.

H18 SFR
07-10-2020, 09:02 AM

Only the league cup, the clubs agreed on this approach.

18Craig75
07-10-2020, 09:19 AM
In sure the sportsound presenter said we were covering the costs for Forfars tests on Thursday. Although the Forfar Chairman didn’t say that so maybe the presenter was mixed up.

JimBHibees
07-10-2020, 09:44 AM
Considering he gave the money months ago, before they had even started training, and then it was confirmed these teams wouldn’t have to test, then I’d hope they spent the money on surviving as a club, and not putting it away for one game that they didn’t know they had to test for until about two weeks ago.

Think the rule about testing when playing premier teams has been known for more than two weeks.