PDA

View Full Version : Best performance this season.

lord bunberry
02-10-2020, 08:48 PM
First half we were outstanding and I thought we were very good in the second half. Hamilton got 2 penalties and an own goal which isn’t great, but they struggled to create anything the whole game. We’ve got a top top striker in Kevin Nisbet. It’s game on for the rest of the season.

Since452
02-10-2020, 08:50 PM
Murphy is a quality player. People saying he isn't an upgrade on Horgan need their eyes tested.

stantonhibby
02-10-2020, 08:50 PM
Murphy is a quality player

Yep... was v good tonight.

04Sauzee
02-10-2020, 08:52 PM
Murphy was actually my man of the match

matty_f
02-10-2020, 08:56 PM
Their keeper stopped it being a cricket score, and a couple of slack moments from us stopped it being a really emphatic win.

I would be happy watching us play like that every week.

calumhibee1
02-10-2020, 08:57 PM
Yup. Good performance. Murphy is very good.

Strangely enough though, I think we were lucky to get away without a third pen which could have saw us drawing. Even though we were dominant.

Irish_Steve
02-10-2020, 09:02 PM
Yup. Good performance. Murphy is very good.

Strangely enough though, I think we were lucky to get away without a third pen which could have saw us drawing. Even though we were dominant.

Aye, down south that would have been a pen - mind you, I think we should have had one in the first half but my stream froze lol

Northernhibee
02-10-2020, 09:02 PM
We’ve signed so well this summer. Hugely impressed.

Bit of a freak second half but still got all three points.

BILLYHIBS
02-10-2020, 09:04 PM
Eddie Turnbull used to say a game lasts 90 mins

Yes certainly the best first half performance

A bit like my stream it died in the second half

Kevin Nisbet is some player

Just glad we won

brog
02-10-2020, 09:19 PM
I thought we were a bit naive. We played really well & I thought Murphy was outstanding but we were still trying to do worldly passes in the last 15 minutes when an easy ball was on. And the slipping was crazy, must have cost us possession about 5 times. Lots of positives & hopefully we'll learn to be a bit less exuberant, I love that word, next time.

B.H.F.C
02-10-2020, 09:21 PM
First half, aye. Second half, naw.

Should have been out of sight. I though Boyle was particularly wasteful.

Vini1875
02-10-2020, 09:25 PM
Agreed, played well but were naive. For a team who have been so good defensively we got sloppy second half through losing concentration. I think we thought job done, rather than staying switched on. We will learn, the good thing is we are winning while learning, hopefully we can reproduce that first half performance over the 90 more and more.

NAE NOOKIE
It was a funny one that, we could have won about 6 - 1 but for some decent saves from the Hamilton keeper. For an hour we played as well as we have all season, but we allowed the game to become stretched at 3 - 0 and there were a few sloppy moments that put us under unnecessary pressure, not least of all a corner straight into the keepers hands with minutes to go and 3 or 4 Hamilton players up the park, no wonder Porteous was raging about it.

It puts us back on track though, Nisbet, Newell and Murphy were probably best for us, with Gogic doing well too I thought.

Unseen work
First half we completely dominated them. Short sharp passing and we were so direct in our running, Murphy ran his man every time possible.

Whether it was Newell going off and Hallberg coming on or just the shift in momentum we sat far deeper and lacked the same urgency. Also a lot more long balls second half almost like we were expecting Nisbet to produce magic out of nothing.

We lost our discipline tonight in that last half an hour that’s been the foundation of our team this season and allowed ourselves to become stretched and gaps appeared. I’m sure Ross will address this. In saying that they scored from a pen and a OG, they never cut us open once other than the play which lead to the first pen.

First half gave us a real glimpse of what we can achieve especially when you think that’s without Allan and Magennis, potentially more players joining too.

Tambo
02-10-2020, 09:26 PM
For 60 minutes maybe, can see how much an important player Newell is for us and how good Murphy could be.

Two excellent finishers from Nisbet and like someone some on another day maybe would of had his hat-trick.

Should of been at least 5 before Hamilton's first penalty and I thought Boyle was much better than recent weeks.

hibbysam
02-10-2020, 09:28 PM
Newell is the main man in our team, literally makes us tick, keeps the ball, positioning top class, delivery second to none. Him going off lost us all control in the game. Gogic is busy but less tidy, Hallberg similar, Newell is a proper footballer and hopefully the rest will see him fully fit for the league and cup games at the end of October.

Carheenlea
02-10-2020, 09:30 PM
Some lovely sweeping passages of possession and neat interplay that were delightful on the eye and proper Hibs.

Two very cheap goals to concede with a further cheap penalty given away which was also proper Hibs.

wookie70
Murphy was actually my man of the match
I agree. Thought he was our most dangerous player and looks very classy

Greenbeard
Newell is the main man in our team, literally makes us tick, keeps the ball, positioning top class, delivery second to none. Him going off lost us all control in the game. Gogic is busy but less tidy, Hallberg similar, Newell is a proper footballer and hopefully the rest will see him fully fit for the league and cup games at the end of October.
Yes. I am a convert.

Pretty Boy
We played well, the 1st half was so enjoyable.

I think we were guilty of trying to showboat a bit in the 2nd half after it went to 3-1. It was a time to keep the ball, knock it about and make the right passes. A few times we were trying the world Cup ball.

I said we were 'hanging on' in the match thread which is probably too strong. In saying that they had a free kick and a chance to put it in our box in the 90th minute. That should have been of no consequence as we should have been comfortable. As it was it was a nervy situation.

We are a better team now that we were a few weeks back and if we continue on that trajectory then we will be thereabouts at the end of the season. Things to work on but so many positives tonight.

The 90+2
02-10-2020, 09:31 PM
Second half was brutal.

Iggy Pope
02-10-2020, 09:44 PM
We played well, the 1st half was so enjoyable.

I think we were guilty of trying to showboat a bit in the 2nd half after it went to 3-1. It was a time to keep the ball, knock it about and make the right passes. A few times we were trying the world Cup ball.

I said we were 'hanging on' in the match thread which is probably too strong. In saying that they had a free kick and a chance to put it in our box in the 90th minute. That should have been of no consequence as we should have been comfortable. As it was it was a nervy situation.

We are a better team now that we were a few weeks back and if we continue on that trajectory then we will be thereabouts at the end of the season. Things to work on but so many positives tonight.

Build up to their first penalty was exactly that. A World Cup ball attempt from Lewis when his legs aren’t big enough for that yardage from 25 of them.

brog
03-10-2020, 09:42 AM
Build up to their first penalty was exactly that. A World Cup ball attempt from Lewis when his legs aren’t big enough for that yardage from 25 of them.

I suspect predictor text has been at work here but although i agree with you, in defence of Louis, his long ball to Doidge, just after our 2nd was magnificent.

ancient hibee
03-10-2020, 10:15 AM

I suspect predictor text has been at work here but although i agree with you, in defence of Louis, his long ball to Doidge, just after our 2nd was magnificent.
The big difference in those two moments is that one ball was into a turning defence and the other was a hopeless telegraphed lob that the left back could have gone and had a cup of tea first:greengrin.
In the first half we were patient and kept the ball.Once Newell went off we were nervous about doing that as Hallberg and particularly Gogic don’t do it as well as him.Gogic is terrific at breaking up play but I’m sure the coaches will work on what he does with the ball. He frequently loses it in dangerous spots which better teams than Hamilton will punish.Once Murphy gets fully fit he’s going to be a huge player for us.