PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Brora Rangers Betfred Cup 7/10/20 PPV

h1bs4life
30-09-2020, 12:48 PM
Not sure if mentioned before but will this be free for season ticket holders or as it is Betfred Cup will it PPV for all.
Even though I am season ticket holder would be ok with paying £15 for the game , a chance for the club to bring in a bit of revenue.

B.H.F.C
30-09-2020, 12:51 PM
Won’t be on the season ticket I wouldn’t imagine. Chance for the club to make a few £.

Partyraiser
30-09-2020, 12:54 PM
If season ticket holders are to be charged for PPV I'd like to see it at a reduced rate to non seasons. As much as I didn't expect to get value for money for my 2 season tickets this season, at the same time I don't want my pants pulled down at every opportunity

Hibby70
30-09-2020, 12:57 PM
I agree that the ST price should be at least £5 less than the standard price. Happy to pay £10

Sir David Gray
30-09-2020, 01:37 PM
Hopefully free to ST holders but if not then hopefully for a small fee.

H18 SFR
30-09-2020, 01:38 PM
ST holders will surely get it for free. You can’t possibly have a situation where we shell out full whack and then get asked for more.

Speedy
30-09-2020, 01:49 PM
ST holders will surely get it for free. You can’t possibly have a situation where we shell out full whack and then get asked for more.

Trouble with cup games in the past is that ticket revenue is shared between the clubs. So it’s not a case of Hibs giving it to ST holders for free, it's actually Hibs paying the opposition for each ST holder.

I agree it should definitely be cheaper for ST holders though.

davhibby
30-09-2020, 04:04 PM
If we’d been able to attend this in normal circumstances ST’s wouldn’t have had to pay £15 to get in to watch it so I’d like to think that £10 has to be the max for this one.

Moulin Yarns
30-09-2020, 04:09 PM
If we’d been able to attend this in normal circumstances ST’s wouldn’t have had to pay £15 to get in to watch it so I’d like to think that £10 has to be the max for this one.

Are you sure?

I don't remember a season ticket getting access to cup games without the cup top-up before.

Frazerbob
30-09-2020, 04:15 PM
Are you sure?

I don't remember a season ticket getting access to cup games without the cup top-up before.

Back in the good old days, your Season Book got you into all homes games, including both cups.

Moulin Yarns
30-09-2020, 04:17 PM
Back in the good old days, your Season Book got you into all homes games, including both cups.

Aye, ancient times. But not in recent years.

Billy Whizz
30-09-2020, 04:47 PM
You’d have thought there is a cost to Hibs to stream this, so you’d hope we’d at least be able to recoup some revenue to do this

Carheenlea
30-09-2020, 05:11 PM
In recent years ST holders could buy advance tickets and their ST seat for League Cup matches at a discounted price, so I`d hope something similar will be on offer for PPV pricing.

beensaidbefore
30-09-2020, 05:14 PM

And reserve games. Iirc

RoxburghHibs
30-09-2020, 05:25 PM

All clubs used to do that about 20 years ago but not since. Hibs ST holders do normally get a reduced price however so maybe that will be the case for PPV.

HH81
30-09-2020, 06:01 PM
Hopefully free to ST holders but if not then hopefully for a small fee.

It will be £15.00 for everyone I reckon.

Lago
30-09-2020, 06:01 PM
Are you sure?

Just about to make the same point, I was a St holder for many years who didn't take cup top up, had to pay gate money but we got priority to purchase tickets.

Iggy Pope
30-09-2020, 06:12 PM
Just about to make the same point, I was a St holder for many years who didn't take cup top up, had to pay gate money but we got priority to purchase tickets.

Well before the era of the cup top up a ST got you in to all domestic home cup ties. And it’s not ‘ancient times’ either as someone has suggested elsewhere it’s maybe two decades ago, wee bit more.
The cup top up was a financial gamble that worked in the buyers favour most times.
But past few years it has been cheaper for ST holders to buy their seats in advance than walk-ups for cup games without any cup top up existing.
A tenner for STs to PPV this game is plenty in my opinion. Less than that would be an idea to thank the ST buyers for their support this season.

Radge70
30-09-2020, 07:17 PM
Slightly off topic but just to let everyone know the Forfar official website says the following about our Betfred Cup game with them on Tuesday 13th October:
"Pay-per-View (PPV): we intend to offer a PPV for the Betfred Cup Group match v Hibernian on 13 October and thereafter for league matches, again while supporter restrictions last. Please note the Hibernian match is not part of the season ticket package and all supporters who wish to view it will need to do so via PPV. Further details will be published very soon."

marinello59
30-09-2020, 07:44 PM
Would Brora be due a cut of any PPV money?

Billy Whizz
30-09-2020, 08:03 PM
Slightly off topic but just to let everyone know the Forfar official website says the following about our Betfred Cup game with them on Tuesday 13th October:
"Pay-per-View (PPV): we intend to offer a PPV for the Betfred Cup Group match v Hibernian on 13 October and thereafter for league matches, again while supporter restrictions last. Please note the Hibernian match is not part of the season ticket package and all supporters who wish to view it will need to do so via PPV. Further details will be published very soon."

Well done Forfar

Billy Whizz
30-09-2020, 08:05 PM
Would Brora be due a cut of any PPV money?

It’s a great question, they would be due a share of gate receipts, so maybe aye, maybe naw

davhibby
30-09-2020, 09:48 PM
Are you sure?

Just to clarify, I wasn’t meaning we’d get in for nothing, just that the price of a ticket wouldn’t be £15 for ST’s (£13 for the group games at home last season). So £15 to watch it in the house would be a bit steep

zitelli62
30-09-2020, 11:58 PM
And reserve games. Iirc

Remember going to reserve games on a Thursday night lots of good players on show some returning from injury some new signings, still I've been told it's better now.

Iggy Pope
02-10-2020, 04:22 PM
Well before the era of the cup top up a ST got you in to all domestic home cup ties. And it’s not ‘ancient times’ either as someone has suggested elsewhere it’s maybe two decades ago, wee bit more.
The cup top up was a financial gamble that worked in the buyers favour most times.
But past few years it has been cheaper for ST holders to buy their seats in advance than walk-ups for cup games without any cup top up existing.
A tenner for STs to PPV this game is plenty in my opinion. Less than that would be an idea to thank the ST buyers for their support this season.

Well done Hibernian.

h1bs4life
02-10-2020, 04:43 PM
Well done Hibs very good gesture as I said originally wouldn't have minded paying £10-£15 to watch it.
Take it we have came to some sort of financial agreement with Brora .