PDA

View Full Version : Semi final date set

Moulin Yarns
28-09-2020, 12:02 PM
🏆 Our William Hill @ScottishCup semi-final has been scheduled for Saturday 31 October, with a 5pm kick-off at Hampden.

📺 The match will be screened live on BBC Scotland and Premier Sports. https://t.co/19mJSwxn4o

JimBHibees
28-09-2020, 12:14 PM
🏆 Our William Hill @ScottishCup semi-final has been scheduled for Saturday 31 October, with a 5pm kick-off at Hampden.

📺 The match will be screened live on BBC Scotland and Premier Sports. https://t.co/19mJSwxn4o

Glad it is on BBC as don't have premier

LancsHibs
28-09-2020, 12:30 PM
That suits me😊 Come on the Hibees.

CMurdoch
28-09-2020, 12:40 PM
No need to find a stream. Joy!

tamig
28-09-2020, 12:43 PM
I know I’m in the minority but still think its farcical we’re playing last season’s Cup to a conclusion this season.

King Cosell
28-09-2020, 12:47 PM
Floodlight action!

SteveHFC
28-09-2020, 12:48 PM
That gives us a few hours at least to celebrate in the pubs if we win.

Chorley Hibee
28-09-2020, 12:53 PM
I know I’m in the minority but still think its farcical we’re playing last season’s Cup to a conclusion this season.

Agreed.

Sir David Gray
28-09-2020, 12:54 PM

I agree to be honest.

Speedy
28-09-2020, 12:58 PM

I'm not sure I'd say farcical but they should've been wrapped up earlier in the season.

Billy Whizz
28-09-2020, 01:01 PM
Going to hit all the Glasgow traffic at that time

CMurdoch
28-09-2020, 01:03 PM

It is farcical but it's all about the TV and Sponsorship money. Don't play the matches and lots of cash has to go back/won't arrive.
Along with season ticket money, TV and Sponsorship makes up almost all of the income coming into Scottish football at the moment so no way that the SPFL/SFA would not play the games. The joy of contracts.

Wilson
28-09-2020, 01:07 PM

When we decided not to void the league it set the precident for me. If we had voided competitions across the board then fair enough. I'm not comfortable with declaring winners in one and voiding others to suit. Some say it devalues the competiton to finish it late but I say id devalues it if you can just chuck it away at the semi final stage. We have league cup games coming up against the likes of Brora. How do we invest in games like that if you can just abandon the competetions at the latter stages? What would I rather see hibs playing in if given the choice - a national semi or a league cup group stage training session?

I'm glad we have a big derby to look forward to.

These same discussions come up every time the cup is mentioned and in the current pandemic you aren't going to please everyone. The fact is though that the game is on so all we can do is back the hibs.

Lago
28-09-2020, 01:07 PM
Agree, silly.

tamig
28-09-2020, 01:08 PM
It is farcical but it's all about the TV and Sponsorship money. Don't play the matches and lots of cash has to go back/won't arrive.
Along with season ticket money, TV and Sponsorship makes up almost all of the income coming into Scottish football at the moment so no way that the SPFL/SFA would not play the games. The joy of contracts.
I understand that but I don’t know the commercial details and what - if any - penalties would be applied if the competition was cancelled. There’s been plenty speculation about millions having to be paid back to the TV companies, sponsors etc. How much of that is fact though, who really knows?

Andy74
28-09-2020, 01:11 PM
3 games left, of course it should be concluded.

Since452
28-09-2020, 01:12 PM

Only two games for a couple of teams but it does seem odd

MWHIBBIES
28-09-2020, 01:14 PM
This game really scares me.

Kato
28-09-2020, 01:15 PM
I understand that but I don’t know the commercial details and what - if any - penalties would be applied if the competition was cancelled. There’s been plenty speculation about millions having to be paid back to the TV companies, sponsors etc. How much of that is fact though, who really knows?We are honouring those contracts so it could be said its honourable rather than farcical. It's odd, weird, unusual and strange but what isn't at the moment.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

green day
28-09-2020, 01:18 PM
I understand that but I don’t know the commercial details and what - if any - penalties would be applied if the competition was cancelled. There’s been plenty speculation about millions having to be paid back to the TV companies, sponsors etc. How much of that is fact though, who really knows?

Thats almost certainly the reason why. Lets be honest, if all commercial considerations were removed, nobody (maybe except Hearts) would care one jot about last seasons cup at this point.

I am still a bit bemused about what happens at the final - there will be piss ups galore / house parties / hundreds gathering etc - seems mental.

ClermistonGreen
28-09-2020, 01:19 PM
Is anyone running a bus ?
I’d like to take our cardboard cut-outs through for the day ! :thumbsup:

Sean1875
28-09-2020, 01:21 PM
Away to Hampden at 5 on a Saturday, what a day/night that would have been if fans were attending :boo hoo:

King Cosell
28-09-2020, 01:24 PM

Binning the 2019/20 Scottish Cup with 3 games left would have been utter madness. Fair enough if it was at the round of 16 stage.

HFC93
28-09-2020, 01:31 PM

That's the spirit.

Skol
28-09-2020, 01:33 PM
When does the hearts season start ? This Saturday ?

SanFranHibs
28-09-2020, 01:38 PM

Not sure, but it ends on October 31st, just before 7:00pm.

:flag:

Gloucester Hibs
28-09-2020, 01:40 PM

Championship starts 17th October but I think they have a league game before then

MWHIBBIES
28-09-2020, 01:40 PM
That's the spirit.

You know I'm not the team manager, right? My posts don't impact anything. Just saying, it scares me. Its a really big one.

matty_f
28-09-2020, 01:42 PM
Gutted that we'll need to watch it on the tv in all likelihood, we will be buzzing for this game.

CallumLaidlaw
28-09-2020, 01:44 PM
Championship starts 17th October but I think they have a league game before then

Their first game has just been moved to the 16th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
28-09-2020, 01:47 PM
Their first game has just been moved to the 16th

Have they got cup games first?

CallumLaidlaw
28-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Have they got cup games first?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200928/7715ae462aabd4ec3d23e9b6cead8eb3.jpg

matty_f
28-09-2020, 02:04 PM
:aok:

Pagan Hibernia
28-09-2020, 02:09 PM

me too if I’m honest.

And after previous Hampden horror shows is it any wonder.

we have to win this.

Lago
28-09-2020, 02:15 PM
me too if I’m honest.

And after previous Hampden horror shows is it any wonder.

we have to win this.
They have nothing to lose and everything to prove.

jacomo
28-09-2020, 02:23 PM

We’re in the semi finals! Time to get excited.

It will go down in history as the 2020 Scottish Cup regardless.

Stuart93
28-09-2020, 02:31 PM

Am I right in saying we’ve never beaten them at Hampden?

That could be completely false but if not there’s a massive incentive to our players

I’m sure it was a Jambo I seen saying that so could well be a lot of pish

Since452
28-09-2020, 02:35 PM
Am I right in saying we’ve never beaten them at Hampden?

That could be completely false but if not there’s a massive incentive to our players

I’m sure it was a Jambo I seen saying that so could well be a lot of pish

I think we've only played them there twice. In living memory anyway. But yeah we haven't beaten them at Hampden.

Stuart93
28-09-2020, 02:41 PM
I think we've only played them there twice. In living memory anyway. But yeah we haven't beaten them at Hampden.

Only twice? I thought it would’ve been more than that. Surely the semi final they beat us 4-0 wasn’t the first time ever

I’m sure someone will know and be along soon to correct us & tell us we’re a couple of dumplings

HFC93
28-09-2020, 02:51 PM

They've got nothing to lose... Well apart from a Scottish Cup semi final against their city rivals :confused:

JimBHibees
28-09-2020, 02:52 PM
Looking forward to this huge opportunity to get to a final. Will be tough but bring it on.

Since452
28-09-2020, 02:55 PM
In terms of match sharpness we should be light-years ahead of them. Reminds me of Scottish clubs playing Sandanavian clubs in Europe. I think we'll wear them down but it'll be far from easy.

RitchieHibs
28-09-2020, 03:12 PM
If its true we've only played them twice at Hampden losing twice then surely it'll be third time lucky. Can see us piling more seethe upon them in this one. Looking forward to it.

GreenCastle
28-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Yup remarkably only twice ever at Hampden.

What’s the chances of Hearts being unbeaten when the face is in the semi..

Either way I’m confident we won’t be as bad as the last Derby at ER.

Porteous never played in a 1st team derby either I think..

Sammy7nil
28-09-2020, 04:11 PM
You know I'm not the team manager, right? My posts don't impact anything. Just saying, it scares me. Its a really big one.

Don’t be scared be excited we have a great chance of winning and if we lose life will go on. We lost a semi 4-0 and a final 5-1 to them and still had our best ever day at Hampden still to come in 2016. There really is nothing to worry about let’s all try to be positive.

Pagan Hibernia
28-09-2020, 04:12 PM
Yup remarkably only twice ever at Hampden.

What’s the chances of Hearts being unbeaten when the face is in the semi..

Either way I’m confident we won’t be as bad as the last Derby at ER.

Porteous never played in a 1st team derby either I think..

I’d also be fairly confident they won’t be anywhere near as good as they were in March either. As bad as we were, Stendel had them set up perfectly that night.

neilsons tactics will be a step down from that

MWHIBBIES
28-09-2020, 04:19 PM
Don’t be scared be excited we have a great chance of winning and if we lose life will go on. We lost a semi 4-0 and a final 5-1 to them and still had our best ever day at Hampden still to come in 2016. There really is nothing to worry about let’s all try to be positive.
Of course, you are right. Life will go on. That wouldn't stop it being a real sore one. Those 2 results are among the most memorable in hearts history. I really don't want a 3rd one.

RoYO!
28-09-2020, 04:35 PM
How many of their fans will be going into this with any sense of doubt? Zero. For good or bad!

Hate this defeatist/ always the bridesmaid culture. It has absolutely held the club back in all the years I've watched hibs. It affects the performances no doubt. Partly why I reckoned hibs would do better than most without fans.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-09-2020, 04:52 PM

I'm sure Bayern Munich fans will always struggle to get over the farcical way they became champions of Europe, lifting the trophy after this season's competition had already started must have been such a bitter blow.

Frazerbob
28-09-2020, 04:55 PM
I'm sure Bayern Munich fans will always struggle to get over the farcical way they became champions of Europe, lifting the trophy after this season's competition had already started must have been such a bitter blow.

Exactly. I suspect people's view on playing the tournament to it's conclusion will be directly influenced by the result of the semi.

Killiehibbie
28-09-2020, 05:44 PM
The winners will go down in history as having won it in 2020 and nobody will really be bothered that the final games were played during the next season.

GreenCastle
28-09-2020, 06:05 PM
The winners will go down in history as having won it in 2020 and nobody will really be bothered that the final games were played during the next season.

Funny thing is whoever wins it will be holders only about a week till this seasons competition starts !

I’m sure there would be a party in Leith if we managed to win it again..

But we have our rivals first..then possible Aberdeen who are record against recently is awful..then Celtic who took us apart yesterday so pressure is off for me.

Wouldn’t be surprised if semi goes to extra time or penalties but would also love a Doidge hatrick

Since452
28-09-2020, 06:14 PM
The good thing about 2012 and 2016 is I no longer go in to Hibs games worried. What will be will be.

Sir David Gray
28-09-2020, 06:22 PM
Funny thing is whoever wins it will be holders only about a week till this seasons competition starts !

I’m sure there would be a party in Leith if we managed to win it again..

But we have our rivals first..then possible Aberdeen who are record against recently is awful..then Celtic who took us apart yesterday so pressure is off for me.

Wouldn’t be surprised if semi goes to extra time or penalties but would also love a Doidge hatrick

We wouldn't play all 3 of them.

Phil MaGlass
28-09-2020, 06:55 PM
The way were playing the noo, there´s absolutely nae chance of them beating us in the near future, were playing well together, they huv nae chance, opportunity tae really cuff them at Hampden

EI255
28-09-2020, 06:59 PM
Andy Halliday. Hampden. Hibs.

Here we go [emoji1787]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2020, 09:56 PM
Have faith in our team. This team is on the way to greatness.

Sammy7nil
28-09-2020, 10:16 PM
Have faith in our team. This team is on the way to greatness.

Now there is confidence and there is madness not sure 🤔 what one your post is 😁

tamig
28-09-2020, 10:27 PM
Exactly. I suspect people's view on playing the tournament to it's conclusion will be directly influenced by the result of the semi.

You’ll need to explain that one. The semi’s not been played but a few are saying they don’t see the point in concluding last season’s competition. So how can a result of a game that hasn’t happened influence that view? Got me there sorry.

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2020, 11:09 PM
Now there is confidence and there is madness not sure �� what one your post is ��
I'm a glass half full kind of person as you can probably tell:greengrin I feel we now have a creative and progressive owner, a fantastic CEO and a brilliant manager who between them are all striving towards the same goal. We now have a team on the pitch which works hard for each other and functions well as a unit. It's not perfect yet but the players have great spirit and belief and know what their function is within the unit. For a few years now fans have been dismayed at the obvious imbalance in the squad but it has been addressed very quickly under JR. Our owner is showing ambition in the transfer market in difficult times so all in all I think things are going well and its now time to start redressing the balance in derbies. I'm certain the players are eagerly looking forward to the derby. Bring it on.

Paisley Hibby
29-09-2020, 12:53 AM
Next step on our way to being the team that ends Celtic's trebles run 😃

DH1875
29-09-2020, 08:15 AM
We wouldn't play all 3 of them.

And Celtic didn't take us apart, especially first half.

Frazerbob
29-09-2020, 11:18 AM
You’ll need to explain that one. The semi’s not been played but a few are saying they don’t see the point in concluding last season’s competition. So how can a result of a game that hasn’t happened influence that view? Got me there sorry.

I’m not talking about those who have already expressed an opinion. I’m talking about people’s view after the event. If we win, everyone will be delighted the tournament was played out. If we lose, many will claim it’s a farce and shouldn’t have been played. Not really difficult to understand but happy to clarify.

Biggie
29-09-2020, 01:11 PM
If this is last seasons cup, Andy halliday came on as a sub for the rangers against hamilton....does that not make him cup tied ?
(Not that anyones said he would/wouldn't play against us)...tbh I'd rather he didnt

Peevemor
29-09-2020, 01:15 PM
If this is last seasons cup, Andy halliday came on as a sub for the rangers against hamilton....does that not make him cup tied ?
(Not that anyones said he would/wouldn't play against us)...tbh I'd rather he didnt

The same would apply to our new signings in that case - Wright, Nisbet & Gogic (assuming they played for their respective clubs in the cup last season).

Sir David Gray
29-09-2020, 01:18 PM

Players aren't cup tied for the remainder of the 19/20 tournament.

HFC93
29-09-2020, 01:18 PM

Players won't be cup tied for the semis. We would probably suffer the most out of the four remaining teams as Gogic, Nisbit and Wright would be unable to play.

JohnMcM
29-09-2020, 03:04 PM
In terms of match sharpness we should be light-years ahead of them. Reminds me of Scottish clubs playing Sandanavian clubs in Europe. I think we'll wear them down but it'll be far from easy.

They have 4-5 competitive matches before the semi-final having played 2-3 friendlies. I reckon they'll be sharp enough with the added incentive, like us, of a derby win and a final to go for. We all know from experience how these matches can be. Wonder what the odds of extra time and penalty shoot out will be?:confused:

JimBHibees
29-09-2020, 03:11 PM
They have 4-5 competitive matches before the semi-final having played 2-3 friendlies. I reckon they'll be sharp enough with the added incentive, like us, of a derby win and a final to go for. We all know from experience how these matches can be. Wonder what the odds of extra time and penalty shoot out will be?:confused:

Neilson indicated last night that they will have played ten friendlies before they start playing for real they will be sharp enough.

JimBHibees
29-09-2020, 03:12 PM
Players won't be cup tied for the semis. We would probably suffer the most out of the four remaining teams as Gogic, Nisbit and Wright would be unable to play.

And Murphy.

Sir David Gray
29-09-2020, 03:22 PM
And Murphy.

He didn't play in the Scottish Cup for Rangers last season.

JimBHibees
29-09-2020, 03:27 PM
He didn't play in the Scottish Cup for Rangers last season.

So he didn't was just putting him out there as a new signing who may have been Cup tied. :greengrin