PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Accies away this Friday

h1bs4life
27-09-2020, 07:05 PM
PPV link for Friday's game
https://ppv.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/login

Easy to sign up for account , game not listed yet but will be later on this week .
Cost £15 decent price

TamHibs
27-09-2020, 07:06 PM
Thankfully the game is at home then lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
27-09-2020, 07:07 PM
Unbelievable Jeff.

Sir David Gray
27-09-2020, 07:22 PM
PPV link for Friday's game
https://ppv.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/login

Easy to sign up for account , game not listed yet but will be later on this week .
Cost £15 decent price

I really hope you haven't paid anything, especially if you're a season ticket holder.

Diclonius
27-09-2020, 07:23 PM
I'm waiting on the fans getting back before making my mind up about this one.

The 90+2
27-09-2020, 07:29 PM
Easy mistake to make these days tbh. Football is all over the shop.

Poster only trying to be helpful. :agree:

Is the reason for the Friday night games to try and help Scotland out also?

Sir David Gray
27-09-2020, 07:53 PM
Easy mistake to make these days tbh. Football is all over the shop.

Poster only trying to be helpful. :agree:

Is the reason for the Friday night games to try and help Scotland out also?

Yes even although the teams playing on Friday night will be unlikely to have any players playing for Scotland.

The 90+2
27-09-2020, 08:32 PM
Yes even although the teams playing on Friday night will be unlikely to have any players playing for Scotland.

Thanks mate. Seen Celtic play on Sunday and thought it was weird myself. It will be all at Celtic's request mind you.

H18 SFR
27-09-2020, 08:47 PM
Thanks mate. Seen Celtic play on Sunday and thought it was weird myself. It will be all at Celtic's request mind you.

They have a European game. They’ve no choice in the matter.

The 90+2
27-09-2020, 08:55 PM

But the point in the rest of us playing Friday?

🤷*♂️ Bung from Israel?

CMurdoch
27-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Thankfully the game is at home then lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:greengrin it does show where our heads are at these days. Mad times with life a strange blur!

H18 SFR
27-09-2020, 08:56 PM
But the point in the rest of us playing Friday?

🤷*♂️ Bung from Israel?

I’m afraid you’ve completely and utterly lost me.

The 90+2
27-09-2020, 09:02 PM
I’m afraid you’ve completely and utterly lost me.

Rocky gets days rest for Israel. Yet nobody in the Scotland squad benefits from the rest of the clubs playing on Friday.

Sorry, was a joke at the shambles it is 👍

jgl07
27-09-2020, 09:03 PM

The whole thing is an exercise in futulity?

International football messing up things yet again.

Hibernian Verse
27-09-2020, 09:09 PM
Rocky gets days rest for Israel. Yet nobody in the Scotland squad benefits from the rest of the clubs playing on Friday.

Sorry, was a joke at the shambles it is [emoji106]The games were moved to Friday before Celtic and Rangers got through.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

HendoDelivered
27-09-2020, 09:15 PM
I’m expecting nothing other than a win.

Marciano

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon

Boyle
Mallan
Goga
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

MacGruber
27-09-2020, 09:47 PM
I’m expecting nothing other than a win.

Marciano

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon

Boyle
Mallan
Goga
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

Doig can be very satisfied with how he has performed at the start of this season turning in some good performances. I think with youngsters it is good to take them out at the right time and he can come again. That time is now for me ans Stevenson has earned his place in the last couple after young Josh has dipped a bit. Doig seems more of a mobile threat going forward but would swap out Wright for Murphy who Stevenson was combining with really well and got over some dangerous crosses between them.

davhibby
27-09-2020, 11:13 PM

Sorry, was a joke at the shambles it is 👍

If Celtic had been good enough to be in the CL then it would’ve been fine. Suggesting trying to give the Scotland squad as much rest as possible is a shambles is a bit of a joke

jgl07
27-09-2020, 11:20 PM
The games were moved to Friday before Celtic and Rangers got through.

SPFL master strategy once again!

LaMotta
27-09-2020, 11:25 PM
Doig can be very satisfied with how he has performed at the start of this season turning in some good performances. I think with youngsters it is good to take them out at the right time and he can come again. That time is now for me ans Stevenson has earned his place in the last couple after young Josh has dipped a bit. Doig seems more of a mobile threat going forward but would swap out Wright for Murphy who Stevenson was combining with really well and got over some dangerous crosses between them.

Agree with the above noted words that you have typed.

davhibby
27-09-2020, 11:32 PM
SPFL master strategy once again!

Especially when there’s no fans at the games how much does it actually matter to the average fan? If it benefits even one or two players then it’s good for the country

h1bs4life
28-09-2020, 05:40 AM
[QUOTE=TamHibs;6311272]Thankfully the game is at home then lol

Oops didn't check properly , I usually sort out , pay for the away games for our group. of season ticket holders
Mentioned watching yesterday's game that Hamilton away this Friday so signed up for there PPV .
Admin feel free to delete or change to Hamilton Accies this Friday. cheers

The 90+2
28-09-2020, 05:58 AM
The games were moved to Friday before Celtic and Rangers got through.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I don’t think they would have expected them to not qualify.

It’s good for the clubs to not be competing with Sky on a Saturday afternoon mind but just plain daft asking Hamilton to play ok a Friday night to look like they’re helping the national side when half the national side will be playing on Sunday afternoon .

The 90+2
28-09-2020, 05:59 AM
If Celtic had been good enough to be in the CL then it would’ve been fine. Suggesting trying to give the Scotland squad as much rest as possible is a shambles is a bit of a joke

It is when half the Scotland side will be playing on Sunday or Saturday and the rest of us are kicking about Friday night 🤷*♂️🤣

The 90+2
28-09-2020, 06:00 AM
Especially when there’s no fans at the games how much does it actually matter to the average fan? If it benefits even one or two players then it’s good for the country

What players?

Apart from Marciano. The irony 😂😂😂

Hibby70
28-09-2020, 06:16 AM
Have Hibs actually set up PPV for this game yet? I'm a ST holder so doesn't really affect me but was just interested in what we were charging compared to other teams.

HH81
28-09-2020, 06:33 AM
Have Hibs actually set up PPV for this game yet? I'm a ST holder so doesn't really affect me but was just interested in what we were charging compared to other teams.

Yes they have announced it is going to be on PPV but I have not seen a price yet.

Souter96Mac
28-09-2020, 07:05 AM
Glad this game is Friday as it'll come around sooner. We need to move on from yesterday quickly, learn our lessons and go at Hamilton. If we win, that'll be 20 points from 10, and if we carry up that sort of points return, top 3/4 is guaranteed.

calumhibee1
28-09-2020, 09:51 AM

Agree. Doig has been a revelation but a wee rest will do him good imo.

JohnMcM
28-09-2020, 10:47 AM
It's still a bit weird for me watching with no fans in the ground. I wonder if this next match might be weirder with floodlights on.

:flag:

number9dream
28-09-2020, 10:52 AM
Accies chop and change a lot and always seem to have a couple of guys I've never heard of, but they almost always put up a good fight. Celtic and Rangers are the only sides to beat them by more than a one-goal margin, so we'll need to be right on it from the start.

I reckon Murphy will come back in for Wright and it will be more of a 4-4-2 with Boyle higher up the park on the other flank.
If Doig is given a rest, then Stevenson can be trusted to slot straight in. Of the two, Stevenson definitely looked better yesterday but Doig has done very well so far and David Templeton is about 20mph slower than Road Runner Frimpong!

TheGreenMan
28-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Agree. Doig has been a revelation but a wee rest will do him good imo.

Totally disagree with this. We're playing one of the worst teams in the league at home. He only played 45 minutes on Sunday and this is the last game before international break so he'd get a rest then. Perfect chance to get his confidence back up as it'll have dipped with getting taken off at half time no doubt. Would like to see how he links up with Murphy on the left, should be a good attacking threat for us against a team like Hamilton.

H18 SFR
28-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Totally disagree with this. We're playing one of the worst teams in the league at home. He only played 45 minutes on Sunday and this is the last game before international break so he'd get a rest then. Perfect chance to get his confidence back up as it'll have dipped with getting taken off at half time no doubt. Would like to see how he links up with Murphy on the left, should be a good attacking threat for us against a team like Hamilton.

I see the logic behind your post, however, I still think he will benefit from a few games coming off the bench.

He is very young, and as such needs nurtured. We need to scaffold him and slowly reduce that support over a number of weeks/games until he is ready to go again.

JimBHibees
28-09-2020, 11:18 AM
Accies chop and change a lot and always seem to have a couple of guys I've never heard of, but they almost always put up a good fight. Celtic and Rangers are the only sides to beat them by more than a one-goal margin, so we'll need to be right on it from the start.

I reckon Murphy will come back in for Wright and it will be more of a 4-4-2 with Boyle higher up the park on the other flank.
If Doig is given a rest, then Stevenson can be trusted to slot straight in. Of the two, Stevenson definitely looked better yesterday but Doig has done very well so far and David Templeton is about 20mph slower than Road Runner Frimpong!

Agree think this game we will start 442 with Lewis and Murphy in who as you say seemed to link up very well yesterday. More I see of Murphy the more I think he will be a big player for us offensively in terms of goals and assists.

TheGreenMan
28-09-2020, 11:18 AM
I see the logic behind your post, however, I still think he will benefit from a few games coming off the bench.

He is very young, and as such needs nurtured. We need to scaffold him and slowly reduce that support over a number of weeks/games until he is ready to go again.

I think if Jack Ross was going to do that then away at Celtic after he'd been subbed off against the Huns was the time he'd do it. I think he'll start.

The 90+2
28-09-2020, 11:52 AM
I think if Jack Ross was going to do that then away at Celtic after he'd been subbed off against the Huns was the time he'd do it. I think he'll start.

Hope so. The more he plays the more he improves and we have a top defender on our hands. Persevere and all that 👍

H18 SFR
28-09-2020, 12:27 PM
Hope so. The more he plays the more he improves and we have a top defender on our hands. Persevere and all that 👍

It is the defending part that is a huge concern, fantastic moving forward into the attacking areas of the park. Was he an attacking player converted to a defender/wing-back? The defending aspect of his game needs so much development and improvement.

Hulk1875
28-09-2020, 10:47 PM
One way to get better play against the best learn from mistakes, we don’t expect win against Celtic so why not try him out

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-09-2020, 07:11 AM
Any pubs showing this?

Keith_M
29-09-2020, 07:14 AM
Oops didn't check properly , I usually sort out , pay for the away games for our group. of season ticket holders
Mentioned watching yesterday's game that Hamilton away this Friday so signed up for there PPV .

Don't worry about it, we all have senior moments.

:greengrin

Since452
29-09-2020, 07:20 AM
This is the kind of game we've been caught out in the past by thinking it's probably a win. Sounds daft but the defeat to Celtic was maybe not a bad thing all things considered to allow us to refocus for this one.

Souter96Mac
29-09-2020, 07:43 AM
This is the kind of game we've been caught out in the past by thinking it's probably a win. Sounds daft but the defeat to Celtic was maybe not a bad thing all things considered to allow us to refocus for this one.

Agreed. Brings us back down to earth. We need to make sure we stay focused for Friday.

lucky
29-09-2020, 08:09 AM

The boy needs taken out the team. He’s been poor in the last two games all be it against the old firm. Too much exposure to 1st team football can stall or even halt a young player’s development. Time to give him a rest for a couple of weeks

Jones28
29-09-2020, 08:10 AM
I think it's important Doig starts. It will show him the manager still believes in him after 2 early subs.

I agree with the general consensus of a 4-4-2, Murphy in from the start and 2 up front.

Looking forward to this one. :flag:

The Modfather
29-09-2020, 08:16 AM
The boy needs taken out the team. He’s been poor in the last two games all be it against the old firm. Too much exposure to 1st team football can stall or even halt a young player’s development. Time to give him a rest for a couple of weeks

He might have struggled a bit the last couple of games, as most do against Frimpong, but he’s not particularly cost us any goals or become a liability. I’d keep him in and continue to let him learn.

greenlex
29-09-2020, 01:52 PM

Cough.!!😃

Sir David Gray
29-09-2020, 01:56 PM
Cough.!!😃

Hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure Porteous will play against Israel to be honest.

weecounty hibby
29-09-2020, 02:07 PM
Really looking forward to the game. I think we are playing pretty well and getting decent results. Even v celtic I felt we played well. It's games against Hamilton that are must wins for us so be interesting to see how we go

jacomo
29-09-2020, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=TamHibs;6311272]Thankfully the game is at home then lol

Very good of you to throw some money Hamilton’s way.

Just remember that Hibs is the first priority though.

B.H.F.C
29-09-2020, 08:07 PM

Totally different type of game. He’s going to spend much more time running the other direction and he’s done that well against the likes of Livi and St Mirren who aren’t too dissimilar to Hamilton.

If there was a time to take him out of the team it was on Sunday, to protect him from getting the doing he ended up getting. I’d keep him in the team.

Gmack7
29-09-2020, 09:01 PM
I'd like to see Boyle Doidge and Murphy as a front 3 with Nisbet playing infront of Gogic and Newall in the AM role that Scott Allan plays so well. KN is a clever footballer who can play there imo

Stuart93
29-09-2020, 09:20 PM
I'd like to see Boyle Doidge and Murphy as a front 3 with Nisbet playing infront of Gogic and Newall in the AM role that Scott Allan plays so well. KN is a clever footballer who can play there imo

You want to move our top scorer into a central midfield role? Na not for me, I don’t even think Nisbet can play central midfield

EI255
30-09-2020, 10:05 AM
Got SS Football for under a fiver a month.... Don't fancy paying three times that for a Hamilton game!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

h1bs4life
30-09-2020, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=h1bs4life;6311398]

Very good of you to throw some money Hamilton’s way.

Just remember that Hibs is the first priority though.

😄 No money changed hands.
Well prepared now when we do eventually play them away from home.:flag:

2-0 Hibs . Doig to start to show manager has confidence in him, will need to be given a rest but hopefully after he has had a good performance

Spike Mandela
30-09-2020, 02:01 PM
Hamilton player tests positive for Covid19.

TheGreenMan
30-09-2020, 02:39 PM

In your opinion.

Outside of The Old Firm as you say, he's been part of the most solid looking defence we've had for years. He functions well driving forward and this is a game he shouldn't be under anywhere near the amount of pressure as the last two. Plus, I don't think he's been particularly poor or the cause of us losing goals directly. If he's fit I think he should start, he's 18 and probably playing against other youngsters in the Hamilton team. Get him in and let him develop as much as possible. Stevenson is a great back up to have but if Jack Ross felt he was a better option than Doig then he'd have started before now, and I agree with him.

Brightside
30-09-2020, 03:15 PM

No.

jeffers
30-09-2020, 03:24 PM
In your opinion.

Outside of The Old Firm as you say, he's been part of the most solid looking defence we've had for years. He functions well driving forward and this is a game he shouldn't be under anywhere near the amount of pressure as the last two. Plus, I don't think he's been particularly poor or the cause of us losing goals directly. If he's fit I think he should start, he's 18 and probably playing against other youngsters in the Hamilton team. Get him in and let him develop as much as possible. Stevenson is a great back up to have but if Jack Ross felt he was a better option than Doig then he'd have started before now, and I agree with him.

I’d rest him for a few games and reward LS for his second half performance on Sunday. I thought he was excellent when he came on. It’s not a dig at Doig, but I think younger players shouldn’t be played every game.

hibbydad
30-09-2020, 04:29 PM
Any pubs showing this?
Try the Hibs club

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-10-2020, 07:16 AM
Try the Hibs club

Cheers, AFAIK it's members only just now.

hibbydad
01-10-2020, 08:10 AM
Cheers, AFAIK it's members only just now.
You should give them a phone

RoxburghHibs
01-10-2020, 09:26 AM
Hamilton player tests positive for Covid19.

Have details as to who this player is been made public as can't see anything online? Hope he is ok (whoever he is).

Northernhibee
01-10-2020, 04:27 PM
This will be a tough game. They’ve shown a willingness to battle and not let their heads drop this season.