PDA

View Full Version : Ron Gordon, Hibs losses, support fund

Oscar T Grouch
25-09-2020, 12:48 PM
Just seen this on BBC website

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54297412

As far as I am aware it is not part of the interview he did a couple of weeks ago or is it?

Anyway, he doesn't want to sell, Hibs have made a significant loss this FY and there are funds available to get us through the COVID crisis.

matty_f
25-09-2020, 01:05 PM
I honestly think he's going to be brilliant for the club.

All of the things he's been speaking about and the things that we're already seeing being delivered (such as being the greenest club in Scotland, many more commercial deals, good use of stadium advertising for the tv games, being a club with a conscience (thank you NHS)- just on the non-playing side of things, and then hiring a sought after manager, spending money on players, getting tie-ins with other clubs) should set us on a path of real growth and success if we deliver it well, which it looks like we're doing.

I think we are a club going places just now, if it wasn't for Covid I think we'd be looking even healthier, but I would back us to bounce back very quickly when things are better.

Bostonhibby
25-09-2020, 01:09 PM
I'm glad he's here, it's all pretty plain talking and transparent. No surprises.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
25-09-2020, 01:09 PM

As far as I am aware it is not part of the interview he did a couple of weeks ago or is it?

Anyway, he doesn't want to sell, Hibs have made a significant loss this FY and there are funds available to get us through the COVID crisis.

The other one he did recently was with Sky. I like how he expresses himself as he comes over as focussed but also genuine.

04Sauzee
25-09-2020, 01:20 PM
More or less tick tock according to the financial experts on one league back

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/189998-ron-gordons-facility/

hibbyfraelibby
25-09-2020, 01:25 PM

He's in for the long run, he has the financial facilities in place to ride the Covid storm and we know he has the investment plans in place to take the club forward...and we are not for sale.

All good news in trouble times. I'd rather him than Dr Bodge

Hibernian Verse
25-09-2020, 01:27 PM

They are a weird bunch

04Sauzee
25-09-2020, 01:28 PM
Looking forward to the Journey under Ron and he's correct we are very lucky to have Ross as our manager, he will make mistakes infact he even said he was kicking himself before we lost the 2nd on Sunday that he hadn't changes the shape. Ron will be great for our club.

jeffers
25-09-2020, 01:29 PM
I’m still sceptical, but if he keeps doing as he says that will change.

Bostonhibby
25-09-2020, 01:41 PM

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/189998-ron-gordons-facility/Great isn't it, they've been saying the same astutely analytical stuff for decades, meantime they never seen their own administration coming and despite having untold wealth for at least a decade look where they are now.

jeffers
25-09-2020, 01:50 PM
Great isn't it, they've been saying the same astutely analytical stuff for decades, meantime they never seen their own administration coming and despite having untold wealth for at least a decade look where they are now.

As if Dr Budge didn’t announce they were going to make losses by missing out on the gates from their home games and the semi, when the league was called.

Bostonhibby
25-09-2020, 02:01 PM
As if Dr Budge didn’t announce they were going to make losses by missing out on the gates from their home games and the semi, when the league was called.Another Budge businessy type thingy that only ticktockers who are familiar with the concept of bigliness can truly appreciate.

Forever in the shadow of their not quite finished over budget single tier megastand.

jacomo
25-09-2020, 02:15 PM

Bet the offer came from Dave Cormack. Not content with signing Hibs targets, he wants Hibs as well.

chippy
25-09-2020, 03:06 PM
The report says ‘offers’ plural. Wonder who had been after us? Any informed speculation out there? Is it times like these that investors think buying Hibs is a good deal?

Pretty Boy
25-09-2020, 03:07 PM

Because everyone knows the easiest way to acquire land for property development in Edinburgh is to buy a football club complete with passionate fan base and all the issues that come with that.

Bostonhibby
25-09-2020, 03:14 PM
Because everyone knows the easiest way to acquire land for property development in Edinburgh is to buy a football club complete with passionate fan base and all the issues that come with that.Worked out brilliantly for one Wallace Mercer[emoji1]

Not to mention his legacy and the journey to get the numpties there.

superfurryhibby
25-09-2020, 03:46 PM
The report says ‘offers’ plural. Wonder who had been after us? Any informed speculation out there? Is it times like these that investors think buying Hibs is a good deal?

Interesting that there hasn’t been a sniff of that on here or in the media.

I’m not aware of the losses he talks about.

jacomo
25-09-2020, 03:50 PM
They are a weird bunch

That place is both stupid and nasty. It’s a toxic combo.

chippy
25-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Interesting that there hasn’t been a sniff of that on here or in the media.

I’m not aware of the losses he talks about.

It’s interesting that he seems to have volunteered the information about potential buyers rather than responding to media rumours/ questions. Maybe they just didn’t offer enough?

Col2
25-09-2020, 04:25 PM

The sheer bitterness is plain to see. Usually you might find a balance of argument but they are so blinded by the anger and hatred build up over the summer.

Club owner who wiped club debt and invested additional 7 figure sum and has made available transfer fees for players and those we didn’t manage to sign says that worse case if crowds don’t come back we might need to borrow a little from an agreed facility. Is that not the almost perfect (realistic) scenario when clubs are openly saying they might not survive the season?

And the bit that the Jambos just don’t get or more realistically don’t want to hear is - IF the season goes tits up and the lower leagues pull the plug, Hearts with a £8m pa player bill will be in the championship until 2022 at the earliest. TICK TOCK my maroon mutant friends 👍

JimBHibees
25-09-2020, 04:34 PM
That place is both stupid and nasty. It’s a toxic combo.

Yep ignorant and arrogant is a shocking combo.

Moulin Yarns
25-09-2020, 04:47 PM
Yep ignorant and arrogant is a shocking combo.

Looks like one of the things that you can combine the words.

Not sure what works best, arrogant or ignorant?

hibbyfraelibby
25-09-2020, 04:50 PM
Looks like one of the things that you can combine the words.

Not sure what works best, arrogant or ignorant?

Ignorogance?

Oscar T Grouch
25-09-2020, 04:55 PM
I honestly think he's going to be brilliant for the club.

All of the things he's been speaking about and the things that we're already seeing being delivered (such as being the greenest club in Scotland, many more commercial deals, good use of stadium advertising for the tv games, being a club with a conscience (thank you NHS)- just on the non-playing side of things, and then hiring a sought after manager, spending money on players, getting tie-ins with other clubs) should set us on a path of real growth and success if we deliver it well, which it looks like we're doing.

I think we are a club going places just now, if it wasn't for Covid I think we'd be looking even healthier, but I would back us to bounce back very quickly when things are better.

I posted the OP at the end of lunch and didn't have time to comment. Luckily Matty has summed it up for me here, Ron Gordon has and will be good for Hibs. I am also happy that this story has started the 'tick tock' on oneleagueback, it makes me happy that they will need to watch as we progress and they regress while thinking that we are going to go bust, but never do. :greengrin

JimBHibees
25-09-2020, 04:55 PM
Ignorogance?

Spot on :greengrin

mjhibby
25-09-2020, 04:58 PM
Great isn't it, they've been saying the same astutely analytical stuff for decades, meantime they never seen their own administration coming and despite having untold wealth for at least a decade look where they are now.

They don’t do irony obviously. There are quite a few very concerned jambos but don’t want to be hounded so keep quiet. You only have to look at the drastic slimming of their squad to see how strapped they are even with benny factors money. Every club will make losses bar maybe we’ll an the dons due to player sales. Every club will need very understanding owners. Not sure that applies to hertz. Btw not heard a peep for ages. Has budge lost her voice or something. I miss her comedy statements.

mjhibby
25-09-2020, 05:01 PM
The sheer bitterness is plain to see. Usually you might find a balance of argument but they are so blinded by the anger and hatred build up over the summer.

Club owner who wiped club debt and invested additional 7 figure sum and has made available transfer fees for players and those we didn’t manage to sign says that worse case if crowds don’t come back we might need to borrow a little from an agreed facility. Is that not the almost perfect (realistic) scenario when clubs are openly saying they might not survive the season?

And the bit that the Jambos just don’t get or more realistically don’t want to hear is - IF the season goes tits up and the lower leagues pull the plug, Hearts with a £8m pa player bill will be in the championship until 2022 at the earliest. TICK TOCK my maroon mutant friends 👍

Your last paragraph is so true. Cant see how the championship will complete the fixtures. Tick tock indeed.

JimBHibees
25-09-2020, 05:02 PM
Ron on stv news sports bit about 615

Billy Whizz
25-09-2020, 05:06 PM
Ron on stv news sports bit about 615

The interview is coming on Sportsound too, though not sure if it’s live

Vault Boy
25-09-2020, 05:09 PM
I've been very impressed with him so far. Lots of ambitious and exciting plans, decent level of communication and community outreach, plus he's put his money where his mouth is with some significant cash investment in the club.

Looking forward to hearing more from Ron in the future.

Vault Boy
25-09-2020, 05:10 PM

Do you know if it's the same time as STV, Billy?

JimBHibees
25-09-2020, 05:13 PM

Assume all the media outlets will get a set time with Ron so will be similar but different interviews

Billy Whizz
25-09-2020, 05:14 PM

Sorry don’t know, just heard them say at the start of the programme, he was coming on
I’m presuming it’s a pre recorded interview

Vault Boy
25-09-2020, 05:16 PM
Sorry don’t know, just heard them say at the start of the programme, he was coming on
I’m presuming it’s a pre recorded interview

:aok:

JimBHibees
25-09-2020, 05:16 PM

Won't be the same interview, stv person will have done theirs.

green day
25-09-2020, 05:17 PM
RG seems like a genuine guy to me.

Why did he buy us?

He probably saw potential to grow the business and make a few quid at the other end, a bit like Fergus McCann.......and his involvement in Celtic changed them forever.

Anything vaguely in that ballpark will work for me.

As for the dafties on kickback? I dont remember too many asset strippers coming to a different country on Christmas Day to serve food to the homeless.

The 90+2
25-09-2020, 05:40 PM
Looking forward to the Journey under Ron and he's correct we are very lucky to have Ross as our manager, he will make mistakes infact he even said he was kicking himself before we lost the 2nd on Sunday that he hadn't changes the shape. Ron will be great for our club.

I echo these comments. 👍

04Sauzee
25-09-2020, 05:41 PM
I echo these comments. 👍

You what?

whiskyhibby
25-09-2020, 06:06 PM
RG seems like a genuine guy to me.

Why did he buy us?

He probably saw potential to grow the business and make a few quid at the other end, a bit like Fergus McCann.......and his involvement in Celtic changed them forever.

Anything vaguely in that ballpark will work for me.

As for the dafties on kickback? I dont remember too many asset strippers coming to a different country on Christmas Day to serve food to the homeless.

:aok::aok:

ancient hibee
25-09-2020, 06:15 PM
It’s interesting that he seems to have volunteered the information about potential buyers rather than responding to media rumours/ questions. Maybe they just didn’t offer enough?

Quite the reverse.He was asked a direct question and replied .

SaulGoodman
25-09-2020, 06:37 PM
You what?

He agrees. Like an echo “I would say the same thing as you”

tonyrougier123
25-09-2020, 09:35 PM
Although we need more signings to be an even better side,especially at times when we are right up there challenging like now.
And taking into account the current climate in football in general,I really feel totally engaged with hibs and our owner,who talks really well about our club.
At times over the years I really wondered who was steering the ship,sometimes on cruise control mostly in stormy weather.
Ron Gordon has placed vision and a road ahead in front of us as a support ,that may make hibs more appealing and more competitive In competition.
It’s clear the owner is no abramovich or a Saudi sheik,but instead we have a very astute business man who is passionate about the project he has taken on.
Sir Tom farmer said he wanted the right people in charge,I think he worked wonders and by some miracle of the universe also got himself out at the right time all things considered.
GGTTH

jacomo
25-09-2020, 09:39 PM
What I like most about Ron is that he doesn’t run his mouth off, saying what he thinks people want to hear. He sounds very much like he knows what he is doing and he is no soft touch, but he seems genuinely invested in our club.

Very happy with what I’m hearing from him.

bingo70
26-09-2020, 07:30 AM
Is there anywhere I can hear Ron’s full interviews?

I’ve been able to find a short clip of the stv one, the bbc one on this thread is only a minute or so long and the sky one only appears to be available to Sky customers.

Keen to hear in full for myself what he’s saying.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2020, 07:31 AM
Is there anywhere I can hear Ron’s full interviews?

I’ve been able to find a short clip of the stv one, the bbc one on this thread is only a minute or so long and the sky one only appears to be available to Sky customers.

Keen to hear in full for myself what he’s saying.

Sportsound said they’d play the interview in full this afternoon
Programme starts at 2pm

bingo70
26-09-2020, 07:33 AM
Programme starts at 2pm

Thanks.

Nice of them to take a break from being a hearts podcast for one week.

Jones28
26-09-2020, 08:18 AM
Programme starts at 2pm

Then to be analysed by Billy Dodds and 4-6-0

Bostonhibby
26-09-2020, 08:27 AM
Then to be analysed by Billy Dodds and 4-6-0Just hoping they give Ron the opportunity to acknowledge how Mrs doctor Budge shared all her tips about how to survive in top flight football when she was able to fit him and Leeann into her busy schedule.

Heisenberg
26-09-2020, 09:48 AM
Tom English/Ewan Murray combo at it again. What a pair.

https://twitter.com/tenglishsport/status/1309787029283143680?s=21

marinello59
26-09-2020, 10:10 AM

That’s poor.

Bishop Hibee
26-09-2020, 10:14 AM

The hatred of Hibs is strong in these two. Deliberately twisting Dempster’s words. Gutter journalism.

Heisenberg
26-09-2020, 10:16 AM
That’s poor.

They’ve entirely missed that she’s speaking about the game as a whole. They also fail to realise Hibs have lost/sold so many more players than they’ve brought in. They’re both at it.

HendoDelivered
26-09-2020, 10:19 AM

Pair of gimps man 😂

Peevemor
26-09-2020, 10:21 AM
Definitely time to stop cooperating with certain people and media.

For me there are 2 press passes there which should be withdrawn for starters.

Without the clubs they don't have a job. They should understand that taking ill informed pot shots at specific clubs or people is effectively shooting themselves in the foot.

The Modfather
26-09-2020, 10:26 AM

Without the clubs they don't have a job. They should understand that taking ill informed pot shots at specific clubs or people is effectively shooting themselves in the foot.

Think it would be more effective to pull them up on their sly digs and watch them squirm when officially engaged about their comments.

truehibernian
26-09-2020, 10:27 AM
The hatred of Hibs is strong in these two. Deliberately twisting Dempster’s words. Gutter journalism.

They're probably getting their tweets in early before heading off to the 'Expellegation Derby' friendly later at Tynecastle :greengrin

1) I hope LD phones in today (Sportsound) and goes through him and 2) time to grow a pair and ban Tom from Easter Road and HTC (if he even knows where it is :wink::greengrin).

davhibby
26-09-2020, 10:30 AM

It’s not twisting the words it’s just completely misrepresenting the point of the article. To be expected from Murray as he’s only a pretend football journalist but it’s getting embarrassing now the way English has treated us this year

ElginHibbie
26-09-2020, 10:37 AM
Few months ago it was all “Clubs need to work together to ensure they all survive” when it was Hearts in trouble

Now Leeann is doing exactly that it’s all about ignoring what she has actually said to imply that Hibs are in trouble

It’s pathetic

Hibs90
26-09-2020, 10:46 AM

Completely agree with you here, for once. I suspect the club won't.

Jackson, English and Murray would be barred from ER and HTC instantly if I was ever in charge. Infact, add Scott Burns to the mix also and possibly McLaughlin.

green day
26-09-2020, 10:52 AM
Completely agree with you here, for once. I suspect the club won't.

Jackson, English and Murray would be barred from ER and HTC instantly if I was ever in charge.

Bans are damaging both ways.

Anyway, I suspect that Jackson doesnt get further than the Rangers training ground.

Ewan Murray is a golf correspondent for the Guardian who happens to be a (very, very) bitter Hearts fan. His tweets are personal, a bit like you tweeting that Hearts are crap, and this one is clearly just trolling.

That Tom English actually retweets his stuff tells you all we need to know about how bright English really is.

While this series of tweets is annoying to us, I suspect that LD and RG dont really care what they say/think.

Caversham Green
26-09-2020, 10:55 AM

Tom English talking about someone else's lack of self awareness while comprehensively getting the wrong end of the stick himself is actually quite funny.

Power
26-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Tom English talking about someone else's lack of self awareness while comprehensively getting the wrong end of the stick himself is actually quite funny.

That’s where I’m at.

truehibernian
26-09-2020, 10:57 AM
Ewan Murray loves to throw in the 'bought Kevin Nisbet' line..........the same player Hearts tried to sign last minute :wink: fails to acknowledge that we also sold - all for 6 figure fees - Kamberi, Adam Jackson, and Daryl Horgan. whilst also loaning out Tom James. It's called working within a budget and not relying on benefactor hand-outs Ewan, it's called smart business, and it's called keeping a competitive product on the pitch in order to ensure we have a decent chance at retaining our top league position and getting through this pandemic as unscathed as possible :aok:.

It's lucky that pair aren't heads of BA or there'd be a plethora of baggage handlers, check-in staff, and stewards - but no pilots or planes :greengrin

Hibs90
26-09-2020, 10:58 AM

Anyway, I suspect that Jackson doesnt get further than the Rangers training ground.

Ewan Murray is a golf correspondent for the Guardian who happens to be a (very, very) bitter Hearts fan. His tweets are personal, a bit like you tweeting that Hearts are crap, and this one is clearly just trolling.

That Tom English actually retweets his stuff tells you all we need to know about how bright English really is.

While this series of tweets is annoying to us, I suspect that LD and RG dont really care what they say/think.

I actually spoke to someone at Hibs via e-mail a couple of years ago about certain journalists and media outlets having continuous pops at the club and the fans. The club is aware of this, and takes the view that banning journalists or media achieves nothing but feeding their ego.

A Hi-Bee
26-09-2020, 11:03 AM
It’s not twisting the words it’s just completely misrepresenting the point of the article. To be expected from Murray as he’s only a pretend football journalist but it’s getting embarrassing now the way English has treated us this year

I was going to just ignore the pretend Irishman, Tam Englisher, but what the **** is his game eh! he is paid by the bbc and this pay comes from all of our licence fees, this does not represent the neutral view one little bit. smacks of desperation as desperate as any jambo can get, not as bitter as most but still a bitter jambo arse licker.
**** the hertz

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

Kato
26-09-2020, 11:03 AM

https://twitter.com/tenglishsport/status/1309787029283143680?s=21So we all know that English is pro-Hearts given his stubborn support for them over the summer. Despite everything regarding the halting of the League being explained to him time and time again he chose to ignore those explanations and battered on with his "opinion".

Now we have this, another deliberate approach in ignoring what LD's words are about and using the statement to criticise Hibs.

The bias is obvious here and those who have given the BBC's editorial stance the benefit of the doubt recently dont have a leg to stand on.

A clear bias against Hibs on show.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

truehibernian
26-09-2020, 11:05 AM
I actually spoke to someone at Hibs via e-mail a couple of years ago about certain journalists and media outlets having continuous pops at the club and the fans. The club is aware of this, and takes the view that banning journalists or media achieves nothing but feeding their ego.

Explains why we still let Kris Boyd and Brian McLauchlin into Easter Road then :greengrin must earn a fortune from that pair at the food kiosks.

Bostonhibby
26-09-2020, 11:06 AM

While this series of tweets is annoying to us, I suspect that LD and RG dont really care what they say/think.They're a mix of seething and humiliated that they backed the wrong horse when they thought Budge would actually be capable of saving Hearts from relegation under the guise of actually delivering something/anything as part of her reconstruction proposal.

Best left to get on with being poor at what they do. I'm glad they're yams.

Kato
26-09-2020, 11:08 AM
I'm glad they're yams.

Same.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Dr What If?
26-09-2020, 11:10 AM
I was listening to a game on sportsound a few weeks back (honestly can't remember if it was even one of ours) and a half time English was making a point that all clubs think he is against them, Sutherland then stepped in with 'Hearts fans like you'.....English stopped the topic dead by saying, 'do you really want to open that can of worms'. Really stuck in my head that wee chat....think is was the sudden end when English was 'mocked'.

Fuzzywuzzy
26-09-2020, 11:53 AM
I see tom English is being a **** on Twitter again.

Irish_Steve
26-09-2020, 02:30 PM
Aww man, my team is going to die and Ron the Con is going to make a fortune building flats. It must be true, KiwiDug***** says so

Since452
26-09-2020, 02:37 PM
The day I take notice of what Tom English has to say about Hibs is the day I nip down to Tynecastle to buy a season ticket and leave my wife for the bloke down the road. He's made such a **** of himself since March that he has zero credibility left

hibeejeebies
26-09-2020, 03:04 PM
Programme starts at 2pm

Did anybody catch this?

Moulin Yarns
26-09-2020, 03:06 PM
Did anybody catch this?

It wasn't on before 3pm

Keith_M
26-09-2020, 03:17 PM

I don't know why anybody pays attention to Yakback.

Scott Allan Key
26-09-2020, 03:19 PM
I was listening to a game on sportsound a few weeks back (honestly can't remember if it was even one of ours) and a half time English was making a point that all clubs think he is against them, Sutherland then stepped in with 'Hearts fans like you'.....English stopped the topic dead by saying, 'do you really want to open that can of worms'. Really stuck in my head that wee chat....think is was the sudden end when English was 'mocked'.Really? Sutherland has gone up in my estimation.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Eyrie
26-09-2020, 04:51 PM
I was listening to a game on sportsound a few weeks back (honestly can't remember if it was even one of ours) and a half time English was making a point that all clubs think he is against them, Sutherland then stepped in with 'Hearts fans like you'.....English stopped the topic dead by saying, 'do you really want to open that can of worms'. Really stuck in my head that wee chat....think is was the sudden end when English was 'mocked'.

Could be taken as "Hearts fans approve of you" or "Hearts fans such as you".

Either way, English wasn't happy at being outed by his colleagues.

Caversham Green
27-09-2020, 06:57 AM

That's quite an admission. For every club in Scotland to believe a sports writer is against them means he is doing something very wrong. To boast about it on air, when the very people he is antagonising (and who ultimately pay his wages) will be listening suggests he should not be in the job.

Tom English is not fit for purpose.

18Craig75
27-09-2020, 07:52 AM
So is the interview going to be on today then?

Jones28
27-09-2020, 07:53 AM
Tom English stirring up **** to justify his own position..business as usual then.

It’s been pointed out earlier in the thread; hearts not only tried to snap up Nisbet at the 11th hour, they also tried to jump in on Wright and Gogic. Also why has nobody in the press acknowledged that Hibs have received several fees and released a number of players?

JimBHibees
Ewan Murray loves to throw in the 'bought Kevin Nisbet' line..........the same player Hearts tried to sign last minute :wink: fails to acknowledge that we also sold - all for 6 figure fees - Kamberi, Adam Jackson, and Daryl Horgan. whilst also loaning out Tom James. It's called working within a budget and not relying on benefactor hand-outs Ewan, it's called smart business, and it's called keeping a competitive product on the pitch in order to ensure we have a decent chance at retaining our top league position and getting through this pandemic as unscathed as possible :aok:.

It's lucky that pair aren't heads of BA or there'd be a plethora of baggage handlers, check-in staff, and stewards - but no pilots or planes :greengrin

Agree totally an absolutely incredible position for both English and Murray to take however no surprise given their behaviour during the pandemic. Hibs also released loads of players and have every right to protect or improve the one area of the business which can significantly bring in revenue. Surprising they have had nothing to say about Aberdeen. Actually think we need to call out English now as imo this nonsense has gone on too long especially when he sits next to Levein on a daily basis at BBC heartsound.

Pretty Green

Tom English is just an actual FUD!

easty
27-09-2020, 07:59 AM

I agree with your point, but there’s no way we got a six figure fee for Adam Jackson.

superfurryhibby
27-09-2020, 09:09 AM
Any ideas why Hibs lost a million pounds during the previous financial year? It must have been covered around the time we eventually had an AGM, but I can’t remember anything about it.

Dmas
27-09-2020, 09:22 AM
I agree with your point, but there’s no way we got a six figure fee for Adam Jackson.

I’d be suprised with that myself last year of contract and a percentage of a future fee would suggest a nominal amount to let the jackson go back south

Caversham Green
27-09-2020, 09:49 AM
Any ideas why Hibs lost a million pounds during the previous financial year? It must have been covered around the time we eventually had an AGM, but I can’t remember anything about it.

The last financial year was up to 30 June 2020 - the loss will be because we were paying wages but had no matchday income from the middle of March. Hibs made a £2m profit for the year to 30 June 2019 (actually it was 2 July 2019 because of the change of ownership).

superfurryhibby
27-09-2020, 10:23 AM
The last financial year was up to 30 June 2020 - the loss will be because we were paying wages but had no matchday income from the middle of March. Hibs made a £2m profit for the year to 30 June 2019 (actually it was 2 July 2019 because of the change of ownership).

Interesting.

That shows how reliant all our teams are on walk ups and other match day spending. It tells me our game is in a perilous state. I suppose, like many other of our entertainment related businesses.

27-09-2020, 10:38 AM
Ewan Murray is the epitome of a hearts fan. An arrogant cardigan wearing throbber who supports hearts because they are the closest thing to a rugby team and it gives him something to talk about at the golf club. A complete and utter twat gutted that hibs are vastly outperforming his diddy mismanaged championship club.

Dmas
27-09-2020, 11:17 AM

I’d be suprised with that myself last year of contract and a percentage of a future fee would suggest a nominal amount to let the jackson go back south

tonyrougier123
27-09-2020, 04:43 PM
Tom English has pinned his colours to the mast well and truly,I’m surprised folk give sport sound the time of day with people allowed on that spout the nonsense he does.
it’s hilarious the overreaction to hibs signing 3 players permanently,when so many have left Easter road.
I suppose I’m way out of order after today’s result and performance ,for suggesting our lack of options really impacted our ability to change things up today,and that signings really must be added to a very bare boned squad.

DickieDastardly
01-10-2020, 10:02 PM
I’m surprised at the views on here about Tom English; back in 2016 and during the division one years he constantly backed Hibs and waxed lyrical about the style of football we played. He’s also on record as saying there is no finer football anthem than Sunshine on Leith.

Personally I don’t mind listening to him, he is certainly not a main stream sycophant to the ugly sisters which for me is a major plus for any sports correspondent (Mikey Stewart being another).

jacomo
01-10-2020, 10:39 PM
I’m surprised at the views on here about Tom English; back in 2016 and during the division one years he constantly backed Hibs and waxed lyrical about the style of football we played. He’s also on record as saying there is no finer football anthem than Sunshine on Leith.

Personally I don’t mind listening to him, he is certainly not a main stream sycophant to the ugly sisters which for me is a major plus for any sports correspondent (Mikey Stewart being another).

I used to like Tom English as well. I thought he brought a freshness to sports reporting in Scotland. Unfortunately he lost his mind over the UNFAIRNESS suffered by Hearts and he’s way too arrogant to consider he might be wrong.

It’s analogous to journalists who lost their heads over the Iraq War, and then refused to accept it when the whole thing went pear shaped.

If he wants to be a Talk Sport pundit or write for a tabloid that’s up to him, but he’s incapable of doing his current job anymore.

JimBHibees
02-10-2020, 05:40 AM

Even now after he relentlessly backed Hearts to imo the detriment of the game in this country and deliberately misrepresented both Dempster and Gordon in order to rip into Hibs. Personally find that a very strange position to take at this time.

18Craig75
02-10-2020, 08:12 AM
I think he’s bitter that he’s not been afforded an in-depth interview with Ron since he came on the scene. Just a couple of comments over the summer make me believe that. ‘Don’t know he won’t do interviews’ ‘the quiet man’ ‘where is Gordon’.

All the while doing basically daily interviews with Budge.

Listened to the pre-match last night and English refused to acknowledge Hibs starter well against Celtic, in fact he went out his way to say we were really poor opposition, despite the rest of the pundits and presenters acknowledging we started well and Celtic put in a great performance to put us aside.

NRW_Hibbie
02-10-2020, 06:11 PM
Even now after he relentlessly backed Hearts to imo the detriment of the game in this country and deliberately misrepresented both Dempster and Gordon in order to rip into Hibs. Personally find that a very strange position to take at this time.

And he was prepared to take Budge at face value when she claimed that her efforts to reconstruct the leagues were for the wider benefit of Scottish football and not just Hearts. Compare and contrast with the treatment of Dempster and Hibs.