Since452
24-09-2020, 09:09 PM
Good. Couldn't care less about the coefficient

bod
24-09-2020, 09:13 PM
You would if it meant us getting a later entry into Europe

CMurdoch
24-09-2020, 09:16 PM
Signing McRorie was advantage Aberdeen over Hibs.
The loss of McKenna brings them back to us.
3rd is up for grabs.

bod
24-09-2020, 09:22 PM
Could be a big loss for them but you’d think they’d already have a replacement lined up & hopefully he’s not match fit

24-09-2020, 09:35 PM
If Hibs or Hearts win the cup, Aberdeen should be made to share the profits from their European "run" with us/them.

CMurdoch
24-09-2020, 09:37 PM
Could be a big loss for them but you’d think they’d already have a replacement lined up & hopefully he’s not match fit

Hopefully it's Ash Taylor but I suspect Findlay of Kilmarnock is a good bet.

CmoantheHibs
24-09-2020, 09:37 PM
If Hibs or Hearts win the cup, Aberdeen should be made to share the profits from their European "run" with us/them.
Why?

jeffers
24-09-2020, 09:40 PM
Thought they played well without really creating much. They’ll continue to grind out results in Scotland but I think we look more dangerous up front. Of course Cosgrove is a big miss for them.

inglisavhibs
24-09-2020, 09:47 PM
Hopefully it's Ash Taylor but I suspect Findlay of Kilmarnock is a good bet.
Good left sided centre backs are thin on the ground, Aberdeen will miss McKenna a lot. Considine can play there but not in the same class as McKenna.

vuefrom1875
24-09-2020, 09:48 PM
You would if it meant us getting a later entry into Europe

Couldn't give a flying f##k about coefficient......seeing that anti hoofball outfit horsed is oh!so pleasing 👌

mim
24-09-2020, 11:14 PM
It would have been better if they had won and had European football to disrupt their league programme.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-09-2020, 03:44 AM
From what I saw, admittedly not the whole game, the ref wasn’t standing for any of the typical Aberdeen fouling play

Their players didn’t know what to do

Scottish refs should take note

jacomo
25-09-2020, 06:47 AM
Signing McRorie was advantage Aberdeen over Hibs.
The loss of McKenna brings them back to us.
3rd is up for grabs.

It’s more than up for grabs. Currently we’ve got our hands on it and we should make sure we don’t slip any lower.

CentreLine
25-09-2020, 06:49 AM
From what I saw, admittedly not the whole game, the ref wasn’t standing for any of the typical Aberdeen fouling play

Their players didn’t know what to do

Scottish refs should take note

Absolutely. They are one of a number of clubs with a defensive tactic closer to rugby or American football. Holding and obstruction are fouls in any other country but is Scotland it seems it’s acceptable. Whatever happened to the beautiful game?

hibsbollah
25-09-2020, 07:01 AM
Absolutely. They are one of a number of clubs with a defensive tactic closer to rugby or American football. Holding and obstruction are fouls in any other country but is Scotland it seems it’s acceptable. Whatever happened to the beautiful game?

Aberdeen committed 24 fouls. When you’re getting penalised every 3 and a bit minutes you’re never going to put anything together. I watch a lot of French football and it sometimes feels like a different sport.

lyonhibs
25-09-2020, 07:58 AM

You what?? :faf::faf:

Keith_M
25-09-2020, 07:59 AM
Thought they played well without really creating much. They’ll continue to grind out results in Scotland but I think we look more dangerous up front. Of course Cosgrove is a big miss for them.

They haven't won a single league game by more than one goal so far this season.

They had one 2-1 win (highest goals scored so far) and the rest were 1-0.

When the other team scores first, they're humped.

The 90+2
25-09-2020, 08:05 AM
You what?? :faf::faf:

They got the Scottish cup winner spot.

Since452
25-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Aberdeen doing well in Europe benefits Aberdeen nobody else. I'm glad they're out. The group stages or even another round would have been free money for them at s time where it's going to make a huge difference

KingPat4
25-09-2020, 09:16 AM
Glad they're oot. Love their scouting system though. Just follow who Hibs are looking at and offer them a hundred quid a week more,

superfurryhibby
25-09-2020, 09:48 AM
McInnes says he was proud of his players efforts etc. Bare stats don't always tell the full story, but they had 26% possession, committed 24 fouls (only 1 booking though) and had 1 shot on target.

They were well and truly sheared by Sporting Lisbon last night.

CapitalGreen
25-09-2020, 09:54 AM
Unfortunately it will allow them to concentrate on their league campaign now. Playing Thursday-Sunday is difficult for squads of their size so would have made our job going for 3rd a bit easier it they went far in the competition.

I think whichever old firm team exits Europe earliest will win the league.

Billy Whizz
25-09-2020, 10:20 AM
We don’t play them again until Friday 6th November
Let’s keep ourselves above them until that game, and a nice 3 points on the night, will set the alarm bells ringing at Pittodrie

jacomo
25-09-2020, 10:41 AM
Glad they're oot. Love their scouting system though. Just follow who Hibs are looking at and offer them a hundred quid a week more,

I have it on good authority we are signing Christophe Berra on £5k a week. Tell all the sheep you know...

CMurdoch
25-09-2020, 10:57 PM
I have it on good authority we are signing Christophe Berra on £5k a week. Tell all the sheep you know...

He is already on £5k a week and doesn't even have to play

CMurdoch
25-09-2020, 10:59 PM
It’s more than up for grabs. Currently we’ve got our hands on it and we should make sure we don’t slip any lower.

Be interesting to see how things stand after the 1st round of matches.
All things being equal we would be a point behind but importantly have the points in the bag and they now have to play with Ash Taylor in place of McKenna.
Advantage Hibs.

Magpie
26-09-2020, 12:16 AM
They would have had an even further financial gain on us had they got further in the competition. I’m glad them and Motherwell are both out.

Eyrie
26-09-2020, 10:23 AM
Be interesting to see how things stand after the 1st round of matches.
All things being equal we would be a point behind but importantly have the points in the bag and they now have to play with Ash Taylor in place of McKenna.
Advantage Hibs.

Remaining fixtures in the first round are
Hibs - Celtc (A), Hamilton (H), Ross County (A)
Aberdeen - Ross County (A), St Mirren (H), Dundee United (A) plus the postponed Celtc (A) to be arranged.

Looking at that, the fixtures are very similar other than their game against Dundee United so even if they win that I think we could be two points ahead. Should still be a nice gap to the chasing pack though.

hibbysam
26-09-2020, 11:36 AM
Remaining fixtures in the first round are
Hibs - Celtc (A), Hamilton (H), Ross County (A)
Aberdeen - Ross County (A), St Mirren (H), Dundee United (A) plus the postponed Celtc (A) to be arranged.

Looking at that, the fixtures are very similar other than their game against Dundee United so even if they win that I think we could be two points ahead. Should still be a nice gap to the chasing pack though.

That’s the big thing for me early. Build as big a lead as possible over 5th place, then take it from there. 4th is the minimum expectation for Europe this season, from Xmas we can then go toe to toe with whoever is closest to us for higher places.