PDA

View Full Version : Celtic game.....

villahibs
24-09-2020, 12:00 PM
Is this the first one we can’t access on line or do Celtic have a PPV? Can’t see anything so assuming it won’t be (legally) available?!

HH81
24-09-2020, 12:02 PM
No they don't do it which is stupid really.

Then again feels like Hibs aren't going to offer it either?

Sir David Gray
24-09-2020, 12:02 PM
Is this the first one we can’t access on line or do Celtic have a PPV? Can’t see anything so assuming it won’t be (legally) available?!

There won't be a PPV unless you have a Celtic season ticket holder's log in details.

Coco Bryce
24-09-2020, 12:04 PM
This is where IPTV come into play.

Celtic TV available on that.

hibbyfraelibby
24-09-2020, 12:05 PM
I believe the deal with Sky caps the number of viewers to the max of last seasons ST holders for tge home team. I would imagine Celtic have maxed that

villahibs
24-09-2020, 12:07 PM
Stinks a bit that Hibs, St Mirren, Livingston etc. Make games as easily accessible to the fans as possible. When it comes to Celtic they do nothing...

Keith_M
24-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Oh well, Sportsound it is then

thegaffer12
24-09-2020, 12:10 PM
Celtic games are usually available on YouTube if you can stand the diabolical homemade commentary

O'Rourke3
24-09-2020, 12:17 PM
I believe the deal with Sky caps the number of viewers to the max of last seasons ST holders for tge home team. I would imagine Celtic have maxed thatWon't that just apply to games Sky choose to broadcast? Celtic aren't increasing their ST numbers offering PPV on a one-off basis. It'll mainly be their away games broadcast.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

TheGreenMan
24-09-2020, 12:19 PM
Stinks a bit that Hibs, St Mirren, Livingston etc. Make games as easily accessible to the fans as possible. When it comes to Celtic they do nothing...

Hibs? When?

Sir David Gray
24-09-2020, 12:25 PM

To be fair, we haven't really done that yet.

We have only had one home game so far which hasn't been on Sky and we chose not to make it available on PPV.

HFC93
24-09-2020, 12:31 PM

Hibs are doing g the same as Celtic with PPV unavailable to away fans (I think).

Sir David Gray
24-09-2020, 01:00 PM
Hibs are doing g the same as Celtic with PPV unavailable to away fans (I think).

Hibs said at the start of the season that PPV wouldn't be available until at least October but we only had one game that wasn't on Sky before then anyway.

Our next one is a week tomorrow so we'll see then.

tonyrougier123
24-09-2020, 09:24 PM
James Forrest will be out for Sunday injured in tonight’s game according to Celtic fans

CMurdoch
24-09-2020, 09:34 PM
James Forrest will be out for Sunday injured in tonight’s game according to Celtic fans

Frimpong came on for him in the 1st half and was the best player on the pitch by a mile so perhaps not a good thing for Hibs.

CmoantheHibs
24-09-2020, 09:35 PM
Yes some kind of muscle strain. Bad news for us as it means Frimpong will play and he came on tonight and was their best player by a country mile.

tonyrougier123
24-09-2020, 09:38 PM
Yes some kind of muscle strain. Bad news for us as it means Frimpong will play and he came on tonight and was their best player by a country mile.

At least they won’t have the luxury of both I suppose.👍

King Cosell
24-09-2020, 09:43 PM
Celtic games are usually available on YouTube if you can stand the diabolical homemade commentary

Watched the pre-season friendly on YouTube, commentator gave a shout-out to contributors to the channel every 30 seconds, "£3 from Stevie from Cambuslang" etc. Picture was fine.

CMurdoch
24-09-2020, 09:49 PM
Watched the pre-season friendly on YouTube, commentator gave a shout-out to contributors to the channel every 30 seconds, "£3 from Stevie from Cambuslang" etc. Picture was fine.

Yeah, it's a turn the sound down job

CmoantheHibs
24-09-2020, 09:52 PM
At least they won’t have the luxury of both I suppose.👍
True. If he is having a stinker or gets injured it gives them a problem with shape. I’d fancy JR tactical awareness to exploit this situation.

RoYO!
24-09-2020, 09:57 PM
If anyone knows a celtic ST holder with a spare log in then one person could share screen and host it for people on zoom! With no household visits allowed this could be a great way to catch up and take in the game. GGTTH.

Groathillgrump
25-09-2020, 10:43 AM
Frimpong came on for him in the 1st half and was the best player on the pitch by a mile so perhaps not a good thing for Hibs.

I'm confused guys. Was he the best player by a mile or a country mile? Is there a difference? :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
25-09-2020, 10:47 AM
Should be plenty of streams easy to find for this one.

Lendo
25-09-2020, 11:02 AM

I've never understood why anyone would donate money to these YouTube footballer streamers. They come and go so quickly it's not like you can get any benefit for the donation.

CmoantheHibs
25-09-2020, 11:56 AM
I'm confused guys. Was he the best player by a mile or a country mile? Is there a difference? :greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin Obviously a country mile is about 1 minute longer.:wink:

Gatecrasher
25-09-2020, 01:36 PM
Do we get the Brora Rangers game on our ST?

Sir David Gray
25-09-2020, 01:45 PM
Do we get the Brora Rangers game on our ST?

No, that will be extra.

Gatecrasher
25-09-2020, 02:13 PM
No, that will be extra.

cheers

J-C
25-09-2020, 02:15 PM
IPTV, only way to go to get these kind of games.

hibbyfraelibby
25-09-2020, 03:01 PM
Won't that just apply to games Sky choose to broadcast? Celtic aren't increasing their ST numbers offering PPV on a one-off basis. It'll mainly be their away games broadcast.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No it was part of the "accommodation" to allow streaming and avoud people choosing PPV over a Sky package.

JohnMcM
25-09-2020, 03:13 PM

I suppose that depends upon the mile being measured as the crow flies or not.:agree:

hibbyfraelibby
25-09-2020, 03:39 PM
I suppose that depends upon the mile being measured as the crow flies or not.:agree:

...is that shorter than a crooked mile?

CropleyWasGod
25-09-2020, 04:41 PM

The country mile is about 2 furlongs longer. 25% in old money.

:nerd:

Groathillgrump
25-09-2020, 04:48 PM

Cheers CWG. You learn something new every day on .net. :aok:

JimBHibees
25-09-2020, 04:52 PM
Think it is a bit strange fans can't pay for this game especially at a time when clubs are pleading poverty due to Covid. Assuming lack of technical resilience on the platforms.

Hibee Mac
25-09-2020, 04:54 PM
James Forrest is absolutely guff compared to the rest of their team, one of the most overrated Scottish players. Will not be much of a positive for us to be honest

CmoantheHibs
25-09-2020, 04:54 PM

Well I said a country mile was about a minute longer and I was using Roger Bannisters 4 minute mile as my barometer . Therefore 1 minute is pretty much 25%.:greengrin:greengrin

JimBHibees
25-09-2020, 05:18 PM
James Forrest is absolutely guff compared to the rest of their team, one of the most overrated Scottish players. Will not be much of a positive for us to be honest

Disagree heard a stat saying in the last two seasons he had been involved in about 100 Celtic goals either scoring or assisting. Huge goal threat.

houstonhibbee
25-09-2020, 06:17 PM
I think this type of game suits us. Defend stoutly and hit them on the break. If we get a bit of luck and fair refereeing I can see a 2-1 or 3-1 win which will set the cat among the pigeons.......
Just need Motherwell to draw or win.

ancient hibee
25-09-2020, 06:22 PM
I think this type of game suits us. Defend stoutly and hit them on the break. If we get a bit of luck and fair refereeing I can see a 2-1 or 3-1 win which will set the cat among the pigeons.......
Just need Motherwell to draw or win.

I think our best recent performances against Celtic have been when we pressured their defence and caused a bit of panic .If we defend deep to pull them in and hit them on the break we’ll get slaughtered.Play as high up as possible and keep the ball for as long as we can.

B.H.F.C
25-09-2020, 06:30 PM
If we get a bit of luck and fair refereeing

For a change, we’ve actually had a few decisions go our way this season. Hopefully it lasts, it probably won’t though!

B.H.F.C
25-09-2020, 06:32 PM
I think our best recent performances against Celtic have been when we pressured their defence and caused a bit of panic .If we defend deep to pull them in and hit them on the break we’ll get slaughtered.Play as high up as possible and keep the ball for as long as we can.

Agree with this. Stop the likes of Brown getting on the ball and passing it as he pleases.

Hermit Crab
25-09-2020, 07:15 PM
So what apps or sites will show this game other than hesgoal and what is iptv? :dunno:

houstonhibbee
26-09-2020, 04:05 AM
Agree with this. Stop the likes of Brown getting on the ball and passing it as he pleases.

Don't disagree but at the end of the day possession will be around 67% celtic 33% hibs
I do agree we should defend further up the park rather than being too deep but key is to use our possession effectively and attack quickly and directly when we get our chances
I think it will be similar to the rangers game in terms of possession
I think we have the manager and players to bring this off and if we get a result will make it very interesting
We will still need some luck and a good referee
Bring it on. Cant wait.

J-C
26-09-2020, 05:37 AM
So what apps or sites will show this game other than hesgoal and what is iptv? :dunno:

You generally get IPTV via a fire stick, some are legal some not, they give you hundreds of channels and programmes, legal ones are Netflix, Mobdro etc.

Borderhibbie76
26-09-2020, 07:09 AM

Hibs don't unless you are a Hibs ST holder - we arent any better im afraid

H18 SFR
26-09-2020, 07:18 AM
Hibs don't unless you are a Hibs ST holder - we arent any better im afraid

I’m not convinced it’s a bad thing. Surely it maintains the value of having purchased a season ticket?

HH81
26-09-2020, 08:09 AM
I’m not convinced it’s a bad thing. Surely it maintains the value of having purchased a season ticket?

Not really. I'll pay the same price as a season ticket holder for the stream so it keeps the value. I also buy a couple of raffle tickets weekly too.

Just want the option to buy it now ha.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2020, 08:19 AM

Agree.

I support offering a PPV option but it shouldn't be cheaper than the cost of an adult season ticket.

Particularly now that it looks increasingly likely that the full season is going to be played behind closed doors.

I think Hibs initially said no PPV until October because we only had one home game before then that wasn't on Sky anyway and back in August there was talk of a return of fans by October so I think they thought they would have been able to offer PPV to non-season ticket holders/away fans for a reasonable price whilst season ticket holders were starting to return to the stadium.

That obviously hasn't happened and there's no prospect of it happening any time soon either, so if PPV is offered by Hibs it should be around the £23 mark.

Moulin Yarns
26-09-2020, 08:34 AM
...is that shorter than a crooked mile?

I'm more interested in going the Green Mile :wink:

HH81
26-09-2020, 09:49 AM
Agree.

I support offering a PPV option but it shouldn't be cheaper than the cost of an adult season ticket.

Particularly now that it looks increasingly likely that the full season is going to be played behind closed doors.

I think Hibs initially said no PPV until October because we only had one home game before then that wasn't on Sky anyway and back in August there was talk of a return of fans by October so I think they thought they would have been able to offer PPV to non-season ticket holders/away fans for a reasonable price whilst season ticket holders were starting to return to the stadium.

That obviously hasn't happened and there's no prospect of it happening any time soon either, so if PPV is offered by Hibs it should be around the £23 mark.

That is fine. Give me the option I'll pay it.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2020, 09:51 AM
That is fine. Give me the option I'll pay it.

You won't get any disagreements from me there.

I think all clubs should be offering a PPV service.

The Modfather
26-09-2020, 10:14 AM
Agree.

I know we’ve discussed this before, and there’s nothing unreasonable about your view and protecting the season ticket value. I just think £23 would be a PR disaster and leave a bad taste with some given the majority are around the £12 mark. If the majority of other clubs can charge a reasonable price I’d be disappointed if Hibs went down this route and, personally, view it more about profiteering rather than any genuine interest to protect the season ticket value.

hibbysam
26-09-2020, 11:31 AM
I know we’ve discussed this before, and there’s nothing unreasonable about your view and protecting the season ticket value. I just think £23 would be a PR disaster and leave a bad taste with some given the majority are around the £12 mark. If the majority of other clubs can charge a reasonable price I’d be disappointed if Hibs went down this route and, personally, view it more about profiteering rather than any genuine interest to protect the season ticket value.

The majority of those clubs don’t have 11k season ticket holders to keep happy, including some that have 2/3/4 tickets in the one house so only need one login rather than the 4 they’ve paid for. I stumped up when the club needed it most, call me petty but if the club sold a PPV for half the price of my season ticket per game then I wouldn’t be chuffed, and if it carries on into next season there is absolutely no way I’d be paying for a season ticket when I could get every game for half the price.

The Modfather
26-09-2020, 11:44 AM
The majority of those clubs don’t have 11k season ticket holders to keep happy, including some that have 2/3/4 tickets in the one house so only need one login rather than the 4 they’ve paid for. I stumped up when the club needed it most, call me petty but if the club sold a PPV for half the price of my season ticket per game then I wouldn’t be chuffed, and if it carries on into next season there is absolutely no way I’d be paying for a season ticket when I could get every game for half the price.

That’s fair enough re the bit in bold, and I said above not an unreasonable view.

Rangers have 3 or 4 times our season ticket numbers to keep happy but are the cheapest of the lot at £9.99 I believe. Other clubs probably have a similar percentage of season ticket holders in the make up of their home support as we do. I don’t think there’s anything unique to us in terms of finding the balance between the season ticket prices and a fair ppv price for non season ticket holders. The majority of clubs have managed to come in at £12, which is where I would like to position ourselves. If Hibs decide to go a different way, I’ll disagree with their approach, but so be it.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2020, 12:16 PM

What other clubs do is up to them, Livingston got a bit of stick on here a few weeks ago for charging £20 but I agreed with their stance.

When it was possible that fans may have been allowed back after a couple of months, I'd have been accepting of Hibs selling PPV for £10-12 from October with the hope that season ticket holders would be the first ones back from around then.

That's no longer the case and it now looks increasingly likely that no one will be back this season.

PPV at £23 would already represent value for money compared with a season ticket due to PPV being the cost per stream rather than being the cost per person like it would be if fans were in the stadium. Whereas season ticket holders are all paying that price per person.

People can still go to a pub and watch it and everyone in a household can get it all for a single cost of £23. Reducing that down to £10-12 would just be too far in my opinion.

I know a number of season ticket holders on here have said that they wouldn't mind PPV being sold for around £12 but I actually think it would be this that would be a PR disaster and leave a bad taste in the mouth, when season ticket holders stumped up a considerable amount of money when the club really needed it.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2020, 12:16 PM

Agreed.

The Modfather
26-09-2020, 12:25 PM
What other clubs do is up to them, Livingston got a bit of stick on here a few weeks ago for charging £20 but I agreed with their stance.

When it was possible that fans may have been allowed back after a couple of months, I'd have been accepting of Hibs selling PPV for £10-12 from October with the hope that season ticket holders would be the first ones back from around then.

That's no longer the case and it now looks increasingly likely that no one will be back this season.

PPV at £23 would already represent value for money compared with a season ticket due to PPV being the cost per stream rather than being the cost per person like it would be if fans were in the stadium. Whereas season ticket holders are all paying that price per person.

People can still go to a pub and watch it and everyone in a household can get it all for a single cost of £23. Reducing that down to £10-12 would just be too far in my opinion.

I know a number of season ticket holders on here have said that they wouldn't mind PPV being sold for around £12 but I actually think it would be this that would be a PR disaster and leave a bad taste in the mouth, when season ticket holders stumped up a considerable amount of money when the club really needed it.

Once again I think we can agree to disagree on this subject :greengrin I get where you’re coming from, and it’s as reasonable a view as mine is from the other side of the fence. I just struggle to see what challenges Hibs are facing that everyone else isn’t also facing. The fact that in the same circumstances as everyone else we would be almost double the cost of most other clubs wouldn’t sit right with me.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2020, 12:31 PM
Once again I think we can agree to disagree on this subject :greengrin I get where you’re coming from, and it’s as reasonable a view as mine is from the other side of the fence. I just struggle to see what challenges Hibs are facing that everyone else isn’t also facing. The fact that in the same circumstances as everyone else we would be almost double the cost of most other clubs wouldn’t sit right with me.

Fair enough! :greengrin

Onceinawhile
26-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Hibs offering ppv for Friday.

Which surprised me tbh.

I didn't know we were playing on Friday!

Sir David Gray
26-09-2020, 02:13 PM

Which surprised me tbh.

Every team's playing next Friday to give the national team an extra day to prepare for the play off match against Israel, even although most Scotland players play in England.

cabbageandribs1875
26-09-2020, 02:15 PM

Which surprised me tbh.

four games on friday

sellick/sevco games are on sunday

Billy Whizz
26-09-2020, 02:19 PM

Which surprised me tbh.

That’s great for non season ticket holders

Sir David Gray
26-09-2020, 02:25 PM
four games on friday

sellick/sevco games are on sunday

I stand corrected.

So basically we have 4 games on a Friday night to give the Scotland team extra time to prepare for the play off but the only two Scottish teams that are likely to have any players playing for Scotland are playing on the Sunday.

I understand their matches need to be played on the Sunday as they are both playing Europa League matches on the Thursday but playing the other 4 matches on the Friday now makes no sense.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2020, 02:29 PM
I stand corrected.

So basically we have 4 games on a Friday night to give the Scotland team extra time to prepare for the play off but the only two Scottish teams that are likely to have any players playing for Scotland are playing on the Sunday.

I understand their matches need to be played on the Sunday as they are both playing Europa League matches on the Thursday but playing the other 4 matches on the Friday now makes no sense.

It’s unfortunate for Scotland this has happened
I’m quite happy to watch the game on the Friday night, might make the stadium feel less soulless, with no fans in

RoYO!
26-09-2020, 07:16 PM
I paid for my ST knowing that it was unlikely that I'd get in all season.

I'm happy for hibs to make as much money as possible, so would fully expect them to go the PPV route. Making money off away fans as well as hibbies, who for one reason or another didn't get a ST.