PDA

View Full Version : Leanne leads survival talks

Percy Vere
23-09-2020, 11:51 PM
Leanne to lead on discussions with senior Scottish clubs on how to cope with no fans at games for the foreseeable. We all want our clubs to survive and thrive but we need to bring the other divisions with us. We need the small clubs, who at the moment are living hand to mouth.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-09-2020, 05:05 AM
As I mentioned on another thread I thought in the past in Scotland there were clubs that operated their budget on a “zero gate” principle - it may even have been Hamilton in the first division or whatever it was back then. This then forced the club to diversity and find additional revenue streams to become more financially Resilient and sustainable.

Going forward I think a “zero gate” view should form part of a measure of a clubs resilience maybe if we are to fulfil obligations an assessment is required to participate in the season? Anyway the problem for clubs even one that did all this and diversify is that the other revenue streams will likely be hit with the impact of varying degrees or lockdown.

Those with a lower cost base will be better placed and with the post-Vladsheep mobilisation the Jambos have. A platform for sustainability for them could be foundation of Hearts - as long as they move away from people at the helm making poor financial decisions with someone else’s money contributing to their high cost base - how much Boyce and Naismith on?

AberDNA and the Dons independent backers will be key but they have a high cost base in wages. Doubt that new stadium will be top priority although they might try to see if grants for such projects may be available to boost construction initiatives.

Brought first and foremost the immediate survival. Identify, secure and grow COVID era income whilst minimising cost base.
Difficult for the smaller pubs as their cost base will be fairly minimal and many player contracts for lower leagues in Scotland only valid during the season.

Phil MaGlass
24-09-2020, 06:22 AM
Far out ideas, but maybe clubs should be wage capped for the coming or next season, no relegation and a percentage of gate receipts/tv, etc from all SPFL clubs are put directly into lower league clubs. Now is maybe the time for sellik to stop complaining about there being no proper competition in Scotland and actually contribute to the welfare and preservation of the game.
All clubs pulling resources, after bills have been paid, may be the only way to save the game in Scotland.
I can definitely see a massive drop in the sale of ST,s next season hit every club if we do not find a vaccine.

GreenCastle
24-09-2020, 06:33 AM
Far out ideas, but maybe clubs should be wage capped for the coming or next season, no relegation and a percentage of gate receipts/tv, etc from all SPFL clubs are put directly into lower league clubs. Now is maybe the time for sellik to stop complaining about there being no proper competition in Scotland and actually contribute to the welfare and preservation of the game.
All clubs pulling resources, after bills have been paid, may be the only way to save the game in Scotland.
I can definitely see a massive drop in the sale of ST,s next season hit every club if we do not find a vaccine.

Celtic and Rangers don’t care.

All they care about is 10 in a row / can they stop 10 in a row.

Zero chance they will help other clubs financially.

I’ve said for years too many clubs in Scotland - some clubs have done nothing to improve infrastructure and just chucked money at the 1st team.

Paul Hartley chucking the youth set up at Alloa and Falkirk for example for 1st team glory.

The only suggestion I would make is you refresh Scottish football and the top league is 16/18 teams with an application process to allow the best run clubs in - (hitting certain criteria) then lower down its regionalised.

Future17
24-09-2020, 06:40 AM
Leeann

18Craig75
24-09-2020, 06:43 AM
We should skim a percentage off the final Premiership prize money and put it in a coronavirus ‘solidarity fund’ or similar.

Could even look at halting the prize money from the Scottish cup now and ring fencing that. Clubs don’t budget for cup runs to Hampden so won’t miss it.

We should also be looking to get the league sponsored for a start! Even if you have to lower the expectations for a year

Partyraiser
24-09-2020, 07:20 AM
Clubs don’t budget for cup runs to Hampden so won’t miss it.

Hearts did. Im sure budge was going on about the semi final not going ahead as planned blowing a huge hole in her "budget"

jacomo
24-09-2020, 08:02 AM
Hearts did. Im sure budge was going on about the semi final not going ahead as planned blowing a huge hole in her "budget"

F*** Hearts. They have proved themselves entirely incapable of considering the wider picture or the overall health of Scottish football. Just ignore them and don’t return their phone calls.

They can read about whatever plan is agreed in the papers, once Leeann and other grown ups have worked it out.

superfurryhibby
24-09-2020, 08:29 AM

I’ve said for years too many clubs in Scotland - some clubs have done nothing to improve infrastructure and just chucked money at the 1st team.

Paul Hartley chucking the youth set up at Alloa and Falkirk for example for 1st team glory.

The only suggestion I would make is you refresh Scottish football and the top league is 16/18 teams with an application process to allow the best run clubs in - (hitting certain criteria) then lower down its regionalised.

I suspect doing away with youth teams is based on more of a strategy than 1st team glory. The cost v benefit conundrum. Falkirk and Alloa can sign sign players cast off by bigger clubs and develop them at an age where they will be ready for first team action (18,19,20 year olds). Probably much cheaper than youth academies.

Not In The Know
24-09-2020, 08:30 AM

im surprised Queen Anne is not chairing this....

Phil MaGlass
24-09-2020, 08:38 AM
Or more drastic, when stadiums begin to gradually open, we allow access to cash paying fans only, I know, WTF, we paid for our ST,s, just a radical idea.

Jones28
24-09-2020, 08:54 AM

Too many professional clubs, definitely.

But in this situation I don't know that blaming numbers is right. Most clubs in the country spend within their means, diversify their operations and get the community involved to generate extra revenue.

GreenCastle
24-09-2020, 08:58 AM
Too many professional clubs, definitely.

But in this situation I don't know that blaming numbers is right. Most clubs in the country spend within their means, diversify their operations and get the community involved to generate extra revenue.

The community part I understand as of course won’t want some places where there isn’t much else about..Alloa for example to lose a club as it means something for youths to do.

But at same time clubs like Livi using the community to their benefit and getting the 3G paid for is a bit cheeky.

The quality of some of the Scottish stadiums is awful and these need to be improved - toilets / facilities etc.

Clubs like Spartans have better set ups than some I’ve visited with Hibs.

superfurryhibby
24-09-2020, 09:00 AM
The community part I understand as of course won’t want some places where there isn’t much else about..Alloa for example to lose a club as it means something for youths to do.

But at same time clubs like Livi using the community to their benefit and getting the 3G paid for is a bit cheeky.

The quality of some of the Scottish stadiums is awful and these need to be improved - toilets / facilities etc.

Clubs like Spartans have better set ups than some I’ve visited with Hibs.

Livi don't own their stadium, West Lothian Council do.

Bostonhibby
24-09-2020, 09:02 AM
im surprised Queen Anne is not chairing this....Still working with her task force to come up with a proposal to save Scottish football by a reconstruction that doesn't involve relegating the team that finished bottom.

A statement will follow shortly.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

where'stheslope
24-09-2020, 09:12 AM
Covid-19 has put most clubs on the same as a war footing, with little or no money coming in and wages going out, its only a matter of time before teams will go broke without help!
I was blasted on here for saying that maybe Budgie was right to ask players to take a 50% cut in wages at the outset of this.
Remember we are now having to pay extra to players now we are back playing with no money coming in.
As for Government giving us money, Leeann will need to be asking Boris for the money as SNP cannot raise funds on its own??
This is a doomsday scenario for most smaller clubs, though they are used to living on smaller gates, they would still be getting some cash from gate receipts not nothing at all!!!

Brightside
24-09-2020, 09:22 AM
I suspect doing away with youth teams is based on more of a strategy than 1st team glory. The cost v benefit conundrum. Falkirk and Alloa can sign sign players cast off by bigger clubs and develop them at an age where they will be ready for first team action (18,19,20 year olds). Probably much cheaper than youth academies.

Exactly - there is no need for any of these teams to run academies. And there is plenty argument for Hibs etc not doing it either until 16+

FilipinoHibs
24-09-2020, 10:24 AM
According to the Record a number of Premiership clubs are struggling. If the old firm don't help out there will no league and no ten in a row.

There will be no crowds coming into grounds this season. That makes the lower leagues not viable. Unless there us some government support they will have to be moth balled. It puts the season's cup competitions at risk.

With some old firm help and government money we might finish the premiership.

Next season is up in the air to. If there is a second wave I think the premiership is at risk. Maybe no football till 2022/2023.

mal
24-09-2020, 10:43 AM
We are living in "interesting times". We're nowhere near a solution to Covid, Brexit hits in about 20 weeks, and the President of the USA is threatening to end democracy in that country. And that's without considering the looming global environmental collapse. We'll be enduring a lot worse than a few football clubs going to the wall. Apologies for such a gloomy post.

Scott Allan Key
24-09-2020, 02:23 PM
We are living in "interesting times". We're nowhere near a solution to Covid, Brexit hits in about 20 weeks, and the President of the USA is threatening to end democracy in that country. And that's without considering the looming global environmental collapse. We'll be enduring a lot worse than a few football clubs going to the wall. Apologies for such a gloomy post.'Rodney hasn't had a bit for months.' As Uncle Albert said in Only Fools and Horses. Don't worry, I know how you feel. [emoji6]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
24-09-2020, 02:44 PM
According to the Record a number of Premiership clubs are struggling. If the old firm don't help out there will no league and no ten in a row.

There will be no crowds coming into grounds this season. That makes the lower leagues not viable. Unless there us some government support they will have to be moth balled. It puts the season's cup competitions at risk.

With some old firm help and government money we might finish the premiership.

Next season is up in the air to. If there is a second wave I think the premiership is at risk. Maybe no football till 2022/2023.

‘If the old firm don’t help out’ - sorry but I think that argument is a nonsense. Will hibs help out? We are struggling like every other club in Scotland. The old firm will be struggling as well. I’m also not sure why we wouldn’t have football for nearly 2 years.

We can’t slate the old firm every week and then expect them to bail clubs out. This is why we have governing bodies to come up with some much needed finances, and a government that needs to help as its their decision to cut this revenue stream.

bod
24-09-2020, 05:15 PM

Do you expect clubs to merge or cease so that there’s the right amount of clubs in Scotland ?

Dr What If?
24-09-2020, 06:16 PM
Do you expect clubs to merge or cease so that there’s the right amount of clubs in Scotland ?

Problem with mergers in football is that your nearest neighbour and therefore the most obvious partner also tends to be your deadliest rival - fans would never stand for it. The argument for one big team in Fife (for example) is tempting, a population near twice that of Aberdeen would be a decent sized potential fan base and give Scotland another 'big' football team - as long as Dunfermile, Raith, Cowdenbeath fans came along. Fans support their club though and they are passionate.....could you ever dream of cheering on Edinburgh Utd?

I think there is an argument for a two division league, for me its about sharing revenues and giving youth a chance.....mergers though I don't think are a starter.

Saturday Boy
24-09-2020, 06:22 PM
Problem with mergers in football is that your nearest neighbour and therefore the most obvious partner also tends to be your deadliest rival - fans would never stand for it. The argument for one big team in Fife (for example) is tempting, a population near twice that of Aberdeen would be a decent sized potential fan base and give Scotland another 'big' football team - as long as Dunfermile, Raith, Cowdenbeath fans came along. Fans support their club though and they are passionate.....could you ever dream of cheering on Edinburgh Utd?

I think there is an argument for a two division league, for me its about sharing revenues and giving youth a chance.....mergers though I don't think are a starter.

Edinburgh United? I’ve cheered them on. They play at Patties Road in the East of Scotland League.

I agree with the point that you’re making. Too many people appear to be happy to do away with other clubs. But not their own.

bod
24-09-2020, 07:41 PM
Edinburgh United? I’ve cheered them on. They play at Patties Road in the East of Scotland League.

I agree with the point that you’re making. Too many people appear to be happy to do away with other clubs. But not their own.

:agree:

ballengeich
24-09-2020, 07:59 PM
Part of the problem is that clubs have taken an over-optimistic view of how the pandemic would develop. Everything has been based on assuming that the whole thing would be over in a few months. If I was involved in running a lower division part-time club any professional contracts offered would have been dependent on fans getting back to games and I'd have advocated not starting playing again until then. If that meant fielding a team of amateurs or even not playing this season so be it.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-09-2020, 04:10 AM
I’ve long argued that Football authorities caught asleep at the wheel. The money sloshing into the game from football has perhaps blinded some and covered up some underlying condiitions.

My argument is that since the warning signs of clubs dicing with administration, owners unfit to own, financial fair play rules “ignored” football authorities have done little I can see of consequence - in particular to the sustainability of the game. It has always been focused on growth and enrichment although you could maybe argue thAt fees trickling down for the development of players goes a little way.

Clubs clearly need protecting from themselves as they chase the dream and dollars offered by would-be suitors.

Fitness to own tests appear unfit themselves.
If the football authorities are not about the sustainability of the game what are they doing? Devising tweaks to offside rules,messing with balls, arranging ever more complex tournaments and messing with the football calendar taking world cups
Into winter).

What about grassroots what about facilities for supoorters, especially disabled, support/subsidies for away supporters?

Where did all the tv money go? Would love to see the breakdown.

greenlad
25-09-2020, 05:15 AM
Where did all the tv money go? Would love to see the breakdown.

Very little TV money has ever gone into Scottish football. What is recieved goes into meeting staff costs, including player salaries which are not as large as people think.

Season ticket and match day income are far larger proportions of income for all Scottish clubs, including Hibs.

hibee62
26-09-2020, 11:56 AM
Given how it’s kicked off this morning on Twitter she clearly shouldn’t have bothered trying to help. Leave it to the Aberdeen boy in future since the press are so keen on him.

Del Boy
26-09-2020, 12:02 PM
Given how it’s kicked off this morning on Twitter she clearly shouldn’t have bothered trying to help. Leave it to the Aberdeen boy in future since the press are so keen on him.

not on Twitter, what’s the story?

Billy Whizz
26-09-2020, 12:04 PM

Read the last page on the Ron Gordon thread

hibee62
26-09-2020, 12:05 PM

There’s an evening news story where she says “we need help” referring to Scottish football as a whole. Ewen Murray and Tom English have twisted this to mean Hibs and had a go over signing Kevin Nisbet. This is followed by an influx of trolling without a mention of other clubs signing players whilst on wage cuts.

https://twitter.com/tenglishsport/status/1309787029283143680?s=21

hibee62
26-09-2020, 12:06 PM
Read the last page on the Ron Gordon thread

Ah, missed that...

1875Sean
26-09-2020, 12:07 PM
Sean Dyche made a good point, people in the uk expect the bigger clubs to bail out the lower leagues, however if you look at retail etc you won’t see large companies like Amazon, Tesco’s etc bail out local retail shops who are struggling

Billy Whizz
26-09-2020, 12:33 PM
Sean Dyche made a good point, people in the uk expect the bigger clubs to bail out the lower leagues, however if you look at retail etc you won’t see large companies like Amazon, Tesco’s etc bail out local retail shops who are struggling

Maybe, but the big clubs need the smaller clubs, to bring through the young talent

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2020, 12:43 PM
English and Murray are absolute window lickers. Where were these ****s when Hearts weren't paying wages then asking for help from clubs like Hamilton to give them gate receipts.

Imagine actually having a go at Hibs, a club who have always played the game. Always played by the rules. Always been well run. ****ing dense twats.

CropleyWasGod
26-09-2020, 01:06 PM

Amazon and Tesco are not relying on the smaller shops producing staff for them. Indeed, they would be happy to drive them out of business. It's apples and pears IMO

Since90+2
26-09-2020, 01:06 PM
Hearts and their cheerleaders in the media are literally an irrelevance now. Until we play them in the cup they are a lower league team who have no business in commenting on teams in the big league.

That absolutely eats away at Hearts fans and that's why they are so bitter and angry. Great to see.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2020, 01:54 PM
Livingston CEO John ward just on Sportsound, basically saying if fans not allowed in sometime in the near future, could be serious for them

jacomo
26-09-2020, 02:17 PM
Tom English and Ewan Murray having a wee greetin face love in just now.

Apparently signing Kevin Nisbet means we aren’t allowed an opinion on the continuing lack of crowds and financial implications.

:rolleyes:

matty_f
26-09-2020, 02:19 PM
Tom English and Ewan “look at me, look at me “ Murray’s take on this issue is astonishingly bad, even by Murray’s standards.

If you look at ANY business, facing into a situation like Covid, they need to look at the business and how not only it survives, but actually has a chance of prospering.

If you’re a bakery, you don’t get rid of your master baker (:greengrin ) and replace them with apprentices or lesser bakers, and you might even consider that you need an oven that costs a lot but let’s you bake twice as much, but you can’t get that and keep your advertising budget the same out to have two people on the till to serve customers.

You invest in the things you can invest in, and cut what you have to in order to be able to do that.

Hibs have done nothing wrong. It might be unpalatable and it’s certainly something nobody wants to see happen, and dreadful for the people impacted, but in terms of looking after the health of the football club, those difficult and horrible decisions are necessary.

For Tom English and Ewan Murray to say that Hibs aren’t entitled to say we’ll need help (ignoring the fact that it isn’t even what was said) when we’ve had to lay off staff, put big plans on hold, and change the whole shape of the business to survive, is actually disgusting.

Dmas
26-09-2020, 03:39 PM
Tom English and Ewan “look at me, look at me “ Murray’s take on this issue is astonishingly bad, even by Murray’s standards.

If you look at ANY business, facing into a situation like Covid, they need to look at the business and how not only it survives, but actually has a chance of prospering.

If you’re a bakery, you don’t get rid of your master baker (:greengrin ) and replace them with apprentices or lesser bakers, and you might even consider that you need an oven that costs a lot but let’s you bake twice as much, but you can’t get that and keep your advertising budget the same out to have two people on the till to serve customers.

You invest in the things you can invest in, and cut what you have to in order to be able to do that.

Hibs have done nothing wrong. It might be unpalatable and it’s certainly something nobody wants to see happen, and dreadful for the people impacted, but in terms of looking after the health of the football club, those difficult and horrible decisions are necessary.

For Tom English and Ewan Murray to say that Hibs aren’t entitled to say we’ll need help (ignoring the fact that it isn’t even what was said) when we’ve had to lay off staff, put big plans on hold, and change the whole shape of the business to survive, is actually disgusting.

100% agree with this, I expect it from Ewan Murray he’s one of them, desperate for one of the teams he feels wronged by to take some sort of financial hit so he can get some deranged pleasure from it, however Tom English is supposed to be the Cheif Sports writer for the BBC, not only is he showing a huge bias in favour of one club but he and the radio programme he is associated with are totally misreporting issues in the game to create hyperbole and hatred it’s disgusting he’s being allowed to get away it and he’s proving he is no more than the baffoons you hear on Talksport rather than a credible journalist his job title implies.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2020, 04:44 PM
Allan Maitland on the radio just now, basically saying the Government have stopped fans coming in, unlike other businesses, pubs, airlines etc, so they should fund the game
Well made point

GlesgaeHibby
26-09-2020, 04:50 PM
Allan Maitland on the radio just now, basically saying the Government have stopped fans coming in, unlike other businesses, pubs, airlines etc, so they should fund the game
Well made point

Not a chance that'll happen. The chancellor has basically told loads of people, such as those that work in music or theatre, that their jobs are unviable. Those jobs are only unviable due the government imposed restrictions. Same for football. Horrible position, but can't see the government providing financial support.

Eyrie
26-09-2020, 05:10 PM
Well made point

It's easy enough to justify support for a club like Bonnyrigg Rose or Elgin City and even for a club like Dunfermline or Hamilton, but what support should be given to a club like Celtc or Hearts where the largest expenditure is on a couple of dozen individuals earning ten or twenty times the average wage?

And support can't be limited to football. Other sports such as rugby, cricket or shinty can make a similar case.

There are many other sectors that can make a better case for specific support such as hospitality (which would include staff employed in that capacity by sports clubs) before professional football clubs, even allowing for the argument that the financial problem is caused by a government directive on crowds, so football clubs will need to make do with the general help measures available.

Carheenlea
26-09-2020, 07:16 PM
Ewan Murray gets far too much publicity on here. Tom English is fair enough as he’s a football media/pundit and engages in debate on football shows like sportsound. Murray is a golf writer but a complete nonentity with regards public footballing opinion.

Guys simply a Hearts twitter troll.

Not In The Know
26-09-2020, 08:28 PM
100% agree with this, I expect it from Ewan Murray he’s one of them, desperate for one of the teams he feels wronged by to take some sort of financial hit so he can get some deranged pleasure from it, however Tom English is supposed to be the Cheif Sports writer for the BBC, not only is he showing a huge bias in favour of one club but he and the radio programme he is associated with are totally misreporting issues in the game to create hyperbole and hatred it’s disgusting he’s being allowed to get away it and he’s proving he is no more than the baffoons you hear on Talksport rather than a credible journalist his job title implies.

yep. Murray is just at it as usual. But for English to come out with that guff shows he’s finally dropped his guard and the love in with Budge et al is official. It’s so obvious LD is referring to Scottish football as a whole, she’s leading the ****ing task force.

Bitter twats and I will never take anything English says seriously ever again.

04Sauzee
26-09-2020, 09:41 PM
ROBBIE NEILSON insists some Scottish clubs only have themselves to blame if they are facing financial ruin.

Neilson is adamant Hearts will be able to survive a campaign behind closed doors due to the Covid-19 outbreak, citing prudent planning by owner Ann Budge, strong season ticket sales and the backing of fans’ group Foundation of Hearts.

By contrast, a meeting of all Championship, League One and League Two clubs on Friday resulted in several chairpersons privately suggesting that a lack of paying supporters for the foreseeable future could spell disaster.

Robbie Neilson in jovial mood at Riccarton | Hearts news
Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson
Neilson, however, had little sympathy for the plight of hard-up rivals and accused some of painting themselves into a corner by pursuing overly optimistic forecasts regarding the return of fans.

He also questioned what has happened to James Anderson’s unprecedented handout to SPFL clubs, with the philanthropist donating £50,000 to all 42 member teams in June as a Covid contingency.

Neilson was speaking candidly after a 2-0 win against Partick Thistle, their courtroom allies during the summer after both clubs felt they had been unjustly relegated by the SPFL.

The Hearts boss said: “We are in a good position and Ann [Budge] is very clued up on it.

“She is clever and, right from the start, she thought this situation would arise, not just with the fans but with the testing scenarios as well.

“It’s up to other clubs to get themselves into that position.

“Everyone knew what might happen and a number of teams, like ourselves, budgeted for no fans – but some have budgeted for full houses in October. If you were doing things properly then you probably wouldn’t have done that, would you?

“There has been money put out there already by Mr Anderson so I’d like to think some of that has been kept for what it should be used for.”

However, Neilson is adamant his views are not indicative of any sour grapes after the Jambos were demoted, and saw subsequent attempts to challenge the SPFL through the courts and a Scottish FA tribunal fail.

He added: “We have moved on from what happened and are focused solely on ourselves.

JimBHibees
26-09-2020, 09:47 PM
ROBBIE NEILSON insists some Scottish clubs only have themselves to blame if they are facing financial ruin.

Neilson is adamant Hearts will be able to survive a campaign behind closed doors due to the Covid-19 outbreak, citing prudent planning by owner Ann Budge, strong season ticket sales and the backing of fans’ group Foundation of Hearts.

By contrast, a meeting of all Championship, League One and League Two clubs on Friday resulted in several chairpersons privately suggesting that a lack of paying supporters for the foreseeable future could spell disaster.

Neilson, however, had little sympathy for the plight of hard-up rivals and accused some of painting themselves into a corner by pursuing overly optimistic forecasts regarding the return of fans.

He also questioned what has happened to James Anderson’s unprecedented handout to SPFL clubs, with the philanthropist donating £50,000 to all 42 member teams in June as a Covid contingency.

Neilson was speaking candidly after a 2-0 win against Partick Thistle, their courtroom allies during the summer after both clubs felt they had been unjustly relegated by the SPFL.

The Hearts boss said: “We are in a good position and Ann [Budge] is very clued up on it.

“She is clever and, right from the start, she thought this situation would arise, not just with the fans but with the testing scenarios as well.

“Everyone knew what might happen and a number of teams, like ourselves, budgeted for no fans – but some have budgeted for full houses in October. If you were doing things properly then you probably wouldn’t have done that, would you?

“There has been money put out there already by Mr Anderson so I’d like to think some of that has been kept for what it should be used for.”

However, Neilson is adamant his views are not indicative of any sour grapes after the Jambos were demoted, and saw subsequent attempts to challenge the SPFL through the courts and a Scottish FA tribunal fail.

He added: “We have moved on from what happened and are focused solely on ourselves.

We have moved on after that rant. What a gimp.

O'Rourke3
26-09-2020, 09:49 PM

He added: “We have moved on from what happened and are focused solely on ourselves.Mmmnnn sounds like they take all the FOH contributions for granted. Anne Budge's financial wizardry and astute budgetary planning would have them bankrupt without it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
26-09-2020, 09:54 PM
The seethe in that from Neilson is an absolute joy to behold. Been 5 months since they were relegated but this is still hurting them real bad.

:lolyam:

JimBHibees
26-09-2020, 09:55 PM
The seethe in that from Neilson is an absolute joy to behold. Been 5 months since they were relegated but this is still hurting them hard.

:lolyam:

We really need to roger them in the upcoming semi.

Not In The Know
26-09-2020, 10:05 PM

yep. Murray is just at it as usual. But for English to come out with that guff shows he’s finally dropped his guard and the love in with Budge et al is official. It’s so obvious LD is referring to Scottish football as a whole, she’s leading the ****ing task force.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-09-2020, 10:22 PM

Prudent planning by Ann Budge [emoji23][emoji23] Never seen anyone chasing their tail more than her throughout lockdown. Planned for nothing and bailed out by FOH and Anderson, as per.

matty_f
26-09-2020, 10:27 PM

They are absolutely certain they’re coming straight back up, there’s no thought that it might not happen - in the dang way that there was no thought that they might be relegated, that they might not win the arbitration, or that they might not win in court.

They forget that there are other clubs in that league who also want to be promoted. This smug chat, coming from a club who seem to have forgotten why they needed FoH money in the first place, has a lot of potential to come back and bite them. Hopefully.

Kato
26-09-2020, 10:34 PM

The bold bit is how I see it.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2020, 10:10 AM
Prudent planning by Ann Budge [emoji23][emoji23] Never seen anyone chasing their tail more than her throughout lockdown. Planned for nothing and bailed out by FOH and Anderson, as per.She's been planning on finishing the megastand for years. It's just the details of how, when by and how much that are missing.

To be fair she's been distracted by working on that reconstruction proposal, due any day now.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-09-2020, 11:36 AM
The bold bit is how I see it.

https://twitter.com/reflektiv/status/1309915304269697024?s=20

Dr What If?
27-09-2020, 12:39 PM
Amazon and Tesco are not relying on the smaller shops producing staff for them. Indeed, they would be happy to drive them out of business. It's apples and pears IMO
Apples and pears indeed.....Hibs need the rest of Scottish football to play games, no games no business, no Hibs. Tesco don't need Mr Brown's corner shop to sell groceries....no competition for them means a monopoly where they call their own profits.

GRA
29-09-2020, 08:48 AM
Been off social media for a while so only just caught up with this... f#ck me it is embarrassing how two so called 'professional journalists' can take the words of our CE and twist it to suit their anti-Hibs/pro-Hearts narrative.

No surprise though, must be kicking their heels until their beloved Jambos are back in action so they can sook up to 'successful businesswoman' Queen Anne... how did that 6 year plan go? Right back where they started 🤣

Diclonius
29-09-2020, 09:07 AM
Just curious as to what Tom English had to say from 2010-12 when Hearts were deliberately late in paying their players for the 15th month in a row while paying 3x more than Aberdeen and Hibs for new signings.

Kato
29-09-2020, 09:23 AM
Just curious as to what Tom English had to say from 2010-12 when Hearts were deliberately late in paying their players for the 15th month in a row while paying 3x more than Aberdeen and Hibs for new signings.Probably nothing at all.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Brightside
29-09-2020, 09:40 AM
Ewan Murrays parents must be minted i assume? There is no way he makes an actual living from one piece in the Telegraph every few weeks.

green day
29-09-2020, 09:44 AM
Ewan Murrays parents must be minted i assume? There is no way he makes an actual living from one piece in the Telegraph every few weeks.

Guardian.................slightly different from the Telegraph :greengrin

Brightside
29-09-2020, 09:47 AM
Guardian.................slightly different from the Telegraph :greengrin

:greengrin Point still stands - no way is he getting a salary. Must be a minted family for all those pull-overs and membership at Murrayfield.

jacomo
29-09-2020, 11:36 AM
:greengrin Point still stands - no way is he getting a salary. Must be a minted family for all those pull-overs and membership at Murrayfield.

He might be on one of those bullet proof contracts that Fleet St were handing out years ago, now virtually unsackable.

It’s the only explanation I can come up with because he’s a horrific journalist.

Fanforlife
29-09-2020, 04:00 PM
5 days after Leanne made statement regarding Scottish Football needing government help, the halfwits on keekback still think that she was meaning it is Hibs asking for it. No educating stupid i suppose!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Carheenlea
29-09-2020, 04:24 PM
5 days after Leanne made statement regarding Scottish Football needing government help, the halfwits on keekback still think that she was meaning it is Hibs asking for it. No educating stupid i suppose!!��������������

This is what gets me :agree:

Simply looking at the bigger picture and that not all clubs are as fortunate as Hibs and a few others who will be (hopefully) able to see it out.

Murray can be banded in with the kickback mentality as he is simply a Hearts fan spouting off about a sport he has no real authority with to make comment that can be taken seriously.

Fuzzywuzzy
29-09-2020, 05:51 PM
Tom English making a **** of himself and ripping into hibs

Barnton Hibs
29-09-2020, 06:00 PM
Tom English making a **** of himself and ripping into hibs

Unbelievable.. he couldnt wait to pur the boot in!!
Yet on his Twitter he is praising dundee making signings..

Fuzzywuzzy
29-09-2020, 06:03 PM
I missed who the other guy that was chuckling away to himself at "Scottish football is all in this together". Must be another hearts love in

Since452
29-09-2020, 06:06 PM
5 days after Leanne made statement regarding Scottish Football needing government help, the halfwits on keekback still think that she was meaning it is Hibs asking for it. No educating stupid i suppose!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thick

Billy Whizz
29-09-2020, 06:07 PM
I missed who the other guy that was chuckling away to himself at "Scottish football is all in this together". Must be another hearts love in

Ian McCall

JimBHibees
30-09-2020, 06:04 AM
Ian McCall

Patrick thistle manager so not in anyway bitter.

mixumatosis
30-09-2020, 08:22 AM

Everyone knows there's a chance the lower leagues might not be able to complete their fixtures this year and that there might be no promotion as a result.

If you were doing things properly you'd budget for that, wouldn't you ?

So we'll have no whining from you if it happens, will we Robbie ?

Bostonhibby
30-09-2020, 08:28 AM
Everyone knows there's a chance the lower leagues might not be able to complete their fixtures this year and that there might be no promotion as a result.

If you were doing things properly you'd budget for that, wouldn't you ?

So we'll have no whining from you if it happens, will we Robbie ?With Mrs doctor Budge and the golf guy being great at all things businessy and football they'll have this covered off.

There's no way they'll get caught having spent and prepared for only one outcome only to be confronted with another, It's not as if there's a pandemic or anything going on and no promotion next season has been flagged up early.

Bigiain007
30-09-2020, 10:53 AM
Or more drastic, when stadiums begin to gradually open, we allow access to cash paying fans only, I know, WTF, we paid for our ST,s, just a radical idea.

I kind of agree with this as a ST holder who also wants my club to still be in existence in ten years time. There has to be a way of rewarding the ST holder base long term whilst also getting cash at the turnstiles. Unfortunately I have no idea what to suggest that would keep everybody happy and maximise the club income.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-10-2020, 04:00 AM
I kind of agree with this as a ST holder who also wants my club to still be in existence in ten years time. There has to be a way of rewarding the ST holder base long term whilst also getting cash at the turnstiles. Unfortunately I have no idea what to suggest that would keep everybody happy and maximise the club income.

Two words - Murrayfield.

HibsSaturday, Hearts Sunday’s

HH81
01-10-2020, 04:21 AM
Two words - Murrayfield.

HibsSaturday, Hearts Sunday’s

But then they want payment (who ever owns ground) which reduces the income?

Eyrie
01-10-2020, 06:48 PM
But then they want payment (who ever owns ground) which reduces the income?

I'd assume that the rent charge would be more than covered by the extra attendance possible in a stadium with 67000 capacity compared to our own of just under 21000, let alone Hearts with about 19000.

Andy74
01-10-2020, 07:05 PM
I'd assume that the rent charge would be more than covered by the extra attendance possible in a stadium with 67000 capacity compared to our own of just under 21000, let alone Hearts with about 19000.

We don’t sell all the seats in our own stadium. Where are all the extra people coming from?

Eyrie
01-10-2020, 07:13 PM
We don’t sell all the seats in our own stadium. Where are all the extra people coming from?

Easter Road is not going to be at full capacity for a long time. If it's at one quarter capacity, then that would be just over 5000 fans which less than half our season ticket holders. So that one quarter attending will be season ticket holders who have already paid for their seats and there will be no extra income for the club.

One quarter capacity at Murrayfield would mean about 16500 fans, or a little more than our average attendance and 5000 of those would be buying tickets for the game, which provides the extra income to hire Murrayfield.

So no extra people, just enough extra room for the usual people and social distancing.