matty_f
21-09-2020, 09:17 PM
Outstanding.

Sammy7nil
21-09-2020, 09:26 PM
Will if Andy Walker said it , it must be true

madhatter
21-09-2020, 09:38 PM
Always been proud of Hibs teams that have tried to play good football. Not sure but I think I may be equally proud of our perceived “nastiness” in that game.

I know I can be biased but these fans are biased beyond belief and not very clever either. Funny how he forgot about Porteous’ “red”.

Doesn’t help having people like Boyd on TV, his analysis is absolutely shocking and his bias towards Rangers while working for a non-Rangers TV broadcaster is disgusting.
Clips of him celebrating in the stand and then having a full meltdown in his “analysis” shows his level. He shouldnt be a pundit, he is a guy who you’d expect to meet slavering a lot of rubbish in a pro-Rangers pub. Not on the TV every week. BT Coverage and pundits were generally of better quality and had a feel of banter rather than indoctrinated bias. Shocking coverage of Scottish Football again from Sky. Enjoyed his meltdown though, he doesn’t half splutter out some nonsense while standing with legs astride and a hand fondling around in his trouser pocket live on the TV.

More “nastiness” Hibs, don’t show any side too much respect, it’s a contact sport. And hats off to Porteous for winding up their captain, their 20m striker and their manager. Easily future captain! Think Ross smirked at what was going on at FT, he seems to enjoy Porteous having a bit of a swagger. Porteous laughing at Gerrard is a brilliant pic.

Kato
21-09-2020, 09:44 PM
Always been proud of Hibs teams that have tried to play good football. Not sure but I think I may be equally proud of our perceived “nastiness” in that game.

I know I can be biased but these fans are biased beyond belief and not very clever either. Funny how he forgot about Porteous’ “red”.

Doesn’t help having people like Boyd on TV, his analysis is absolutely shocking and his bias towards Rangers while working for a non-Rangers TV broadcaster is disgusting.
Clips of him celebrating in the stand and then having a full meltdown in his “analysis” shows his level. He shouldnt be a pundit, he is a guy who you’d expect to meet slavering a lot of rubbish in a pro-Rangers pub. Not on the TV every week. BT Coverage and pundits were generally of better quality and had a feel of banter rather than indoctrinated bias. Shocking coverage of Scottish Football again from Sky. Enjoyed his meltdown though, he doesn’t half splutter out some nonsense while standing with legs astride and a hand fondling around in his trouser pocket live on the TV.

More “nastiness” Hibs, don’t show any side too much respect, it’s a contact sport. And hats off to Porteous for winding up their captain, their 20m striker and their manager. Easily future captain! Think Ross smirked at what was going on at FT, he seems to enjoy Porteous having a bit of a swagger. Porteous laughing at Gerrard is a brilliant pic.

What can happen about it? The Rangers are allowed to create that narrative from a game that was no different from any other. The BBC stop one of their pundits having an opinion on one of the challenges. An "elbow" from a Hibs player is mulled over time and again but one from a Rangers player is just ignored.

We've lived with this low-quality level of coverage all our supporting lives, all you can do is laugh

Greenfly
21-09-2020, 09:51 PM
For "nasty" read "had the audacity to stand up to The Rangers." I want to watch Hibs play good entertaining football but I also want them to be able to battle it out when they need to and against that shower you usually need to. I'll be happy to take "nasty" of that kind any day - proud of them.

madhatter
21-09-2020, 10:14 PM
What can happen about it? The Rangers are allowed to create that narrative from a game that was no different from any other. The BBC stop one of their pundits having an opinion on one of the challenges. An "elbow" from a Hibs player is mulled over time and again but one from a Rangers player is just ignored.

We've lived with this low-quality level of coverage all our supporting lives, all you can do is laugh

I do laugh when Boyd has his meltdowns but I don’t see how we can ever grow the game here with such tinpot, biased reporting / journalism / punditry. Best analysis I’ve seen on TV from UK based pundits was Pat Nevin in his clips he did for the BBC a while back. We’ve got far too many indoctrinated, poorly educated people being given mics up here to spread their biased word. Makes Scottish football a poor investment opportunity and we just don’t like to admit it. That’s why there are comparable, or even smaller countries, with far better sponsorship opportunities.

We can still laugh but I have hope Scottish football will get its head out of its posterior and improve the product across the board - including better quality of journalism. Most of the papers are only fit for their previous use - holding your chippy in them. Kris Boyd should not be a pundit as well, he is very incoherent even when he is not talking about Rangers. I couldn’t be a pundit, I’d talk nonsense. At least I wouldn’t fondle around in my pocket on TV though!

Bostonhibby
21-09-2020, 10:19 PM
We were very naughty, you could see that's what Stokesy's whipping boy tavernier was thinking.

He's probably written to the headmaster about it.

Another blank season for sevco and slippy steve beckons.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Magpie
21-09-2020, 10:22 PM
They hate us with a passion. We have lived rent free in their heads every day since 21.05.16

hibees 7062
21-09-2020, 10:29 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/120014199_3424875500889627_528142368316654924_o.jp g?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=dd7718&_nc_ohc=ESxHu-3xPJkAX8eRmHU&_nc_ht=scontent.fltn2-1.fna&tp=7&oh=a69b3ddb991d665e1bfb2ca63f74d24f&oe=5F8DA985

The_Sauz
21-09-2020, 11:42 PM
https://scontent.fltn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/120014199_3424875500889627_528142368316654924_o.jp g?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=dd7718&_nc_ohc=ESxHu-3xPJkAX8eRmHU&_nc_ht=scontent.fltn2-1.fna&tp=7&oh=a69b3ddb991d665e1bfb2ca63f74d24f&oe=5F8DA985
That's the same guy who took out Nisbet when he used a straight arm and pushed his hand into Nisbets face leading up to out first goal :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2020, 01:24 AM

That's the thing though. When you watch him play and watch his interviews the guy doesn't seem to have an arrogant or big headed bone in his body, he always comes across to me as quite a thoughtful and intelligent laddie. On the park he doesn't take any prisoners that's for sure, but I cant say I've ever seen him deliberately try to hurt an opponent, a few mistimed tackles for sure, but nothing 'nasty' ... I genuinely think he meant the hand he offered to Tavernier and would have been genuinely surprised when the big bairn refused it.

Honestly, the way that lot are going on you would think all Hibs did on Sunday was try to kick them off the park, when the truth is there was barely a foul in the game you wouldn't see most weekends in the premier league. It funny to call a team who drew bad 'losers' but in their minds all they can think of is stopping Celtic getting 10 in a row, so to them dropping 2 points at ER probably felt like a loss ... so ha ha.

Percy Vere
22-09-2020, 01:28 AM
That's the same guy who took out Nisbet when he used a straight arm and pushed his hand into Nisbets face leading up to out first goal :agree:

Handlander?

HoboHarry
22-09-2020, 02:19 AM
Have to say that young Ryan has gone up in my estimation for laughing at the Sevco captain and manager.....🤣🤣🤣

JimBHibees
22-09-2020, 06:00 AM
https://twitter.com/tamsellicsoniii/status/1308128068528230400?s=21

:faf::faf:

Gatecrasher
22-09-2020, 06:18 AM
I liked this one on twitter

https://twitter.com/paddy_whelan7/status/1307669277579804672

The Spaceman
22-09-2020, 06:35 AM
No fan group of football fans in the world are as ****my and pathetic as Sevco 2012.

I hope we are even nastier next time and leave the likes of Morelos and Kent in floods of tears.

Hibee87
22-09-2020, 06:44 AM
That's the thing though. When you watch him play and watch his interviews the guy doesn't seem to have an arrogant or big headed bone in his body, he always comes across to me as quite a thoughtful and intelligent laddie. On the park he doesn't take any prisoners that's for sure, but I cant say I've ever seen him deliberately try to hurt an opponent, a few mistimed tackles for sure, but nothing 'nasty' ... I genuinely think he meant the hand he offered to Tavernier and would have been genuinely surprised when the big bairn refused it.

Honestly, the way that lot are going on you would think all Hibs did on Sunday was try to kick them off the park, when the truth is there was barely a foul in the game you wouldn't see most weekends in the premier league. It funny to call a team who drew bad 'losers' but in their minds all they can think of is stopping Celtic getting 10 in a row, so to them dropping 2 points at ER probably felt like a loss ... so ha ha.

The stats showed at the end we had 3 more fouls than them. 18 to 15 I think it was.

theonlywayisup
22-09-2020, 06:58 AM
How many times have we seen Hertz or Aberdeen teams with their rotational fouling approaches, yet get away with the minimum of bookings?

Just remember Graeme Shinnie's displays at Easter Road when must have gone 5 or 6 clear fouls before he's even spoken too.

Or Stevie May's assault on a flying Martin Boyle - no attempt to play the ball and could have resulted in career ending injuries.

Hibs were nasty! Give it a rest!

Onion
22-09-2020, 07:32 AM
Hibs are Sevco 2012 nemesis. They're unable to compete with Celtic on or off the park, so we're their appointed hate figure. Their annoyance stems from Hibs refusing to be bullied and follow follow their script, the way we used to for decades. We don't fear them, we don't roll over and they can be got at. All of that infuriates the Huns.

In the end, we will cost them the league.

147lothian
22-09-2020, 07:41 AM
Its better than being called a boy band

Northernhibee
22-09-2020, 07:43 AM
We were assertive.

Pagan Hibernia
22-09-2020, 07:44 AM
Hibs are Sevco 2012 nemesis. They're unable to compete with Celtic on or off the park, so we're their appointed hate figure. Their annoyance stems from Hibs refusing to be bullied and follow follow their script, the way we used to for decades. We don't fear them, we don't roll over and they can be got at. All of that infuriates the Huns.

erm, they pumped us 9-1 on aggregate last season...

take your point though. We were excellent on Sunday

Argylehibby
22-09-2020, 07:47 AM
Would love the club to put a number of clips together showing the other side of the coin and send it to Sky asking them to explain the difference in reporting of the incidents. I would also send it to the SPFL asking them to take the matter up with Sky pointing out that such blatant bias in their reporting does nothing for the game in Scotland.

Hibs should make a point of publicising the stat mentioned in an interview with Ryan, something like 8 fouls in the previous 7 games?

easty
22-09-2020, 08:14 AM
Would love the club to put a number of clips together showing the other side of the coin and send it to Sky asking them to explain the difference in reporting of the incidents. I would also send it to the SPFL asking them to take the matter up with Sky pointing out that such blatant bias in their reporting does nothing for the game in Scotland.

I would absolutely hate that. I'd find it embarrassing and massively cringey.

Since452
22-09-2020, 08:17 AM

They hate us with a passion and I love it

neil7908
22-09-2020, 08:32 AM
There wasn't a single dangerous or reckless tackle in that game from a Hibs player. A couple of clumsy challenges but nothing close to dangerous.

If they had won 3-0 we wouldn't be hearing a peep on this. Scottish football is an absolute embarrassment at times.

Since452
22-09-2020, 08:45 AM
So did Hugh think Hibs were nasty or not?

Suburban Hibby
22-09-2020, 08:56 AM
Just had a nosey on follow follow- man they are in full ‘ everyone is against us’ mode- full on conspiracy every week it seems....

Iggy Pope
22-09-2020, 09:00 AM

I’m in my sixth decade but must have missed those when we followed their script. What are you talking about?

weecounty hibby
22-09-2020, 09:09 AM
I get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing how much they hate us and how much we get under their skin. As another poster pointed out they are miles away from celtic so they turn their anger to us. Lovely!!

CmoantheHibs
22-09-2020, 09:13 AM
They’re feeling the pressure at every level of their bigot ridden club and I look forward to when it all goes horribly wrong for them. Dropping points to us is a small setback really and they’re already showing signs of falling apart at the seams. Imagine the carnage when they lose to Celtic. It will get very messy.

Greenbeard
22-09-2020, 09:17 AM
Should have had the Stereophonics on the PA singing "Have a Nasty".

Keith_M
22-09-2020, 09:18 AM
Just had a nosey on follow follow- man they are in full ‘ everyone is against us’ mode- full on conspiracy every week it seems....

I completely understand that... Let's face it, Hibs are the Establishment Club.

Which SPFL club is located nearest to the Scottish Parliament?
Which club does the First Minister's husband support?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f1/c1/48/f1c148616f6b8f76e4bf1a5018aa76b4.gif

Nasty!

:wink:

Since452
22-09-2020, 09:19 AM
How far Rangers have fallen. Imagine Walter Smith or Dick Advocaat being rattled by a 21 year old Hibs player. Imagine Richard Gough or Amouruso being a baby and not shaking hands at the end. They really are a poor tribute act of a club. They will win nothing.

Iggy Pope
22-09-2020, 09:27 AM
Pre match music here please.

https://youtu.be/CG8rtwKYdT8

hibsbollah
22-09-2020, 09:37 AM
Alec from Airdrie :faf:
I can take an educated guess as to his PIN number.

Aldo
22-09-2020, 09:38 AM
Superb.

Gerrard and co expected us just to sit back and take what they dished out and show them the upmost respect because of who they were.

Ram that, we stood up, we were not bullied and did a bit of bullying ourselves!

Classless Gerrard then went greeting to the press about his teams getting bullied with nasty challenges etc when in reality we did what any team should do. Stand up and make a game of it. Deflecting the fact that he’s spent millions and yet still cannot win anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Count
22-09-2020, 09:57 AM
I hope we are as nasty in that upcoming Scottish Cup Semi.Win anyway possible.

Bostonhibby
22-09-2020, 09:57 AM
Just had a nosey on follow follow- man they are in full ‘ everyone is against us’ mode- full on conspiracy every week it seems....They're very silly boys, they're up to their knees in conspiracy theories, just like the club that died.

Sevconians are worse than followers of the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
22-09-2020, 09:59 AM

That's nasty.

Onion
22-09-2020, 10:08 AM

Our record against the Huns over the last 7 years has been excellent. Don’t know the stats but suspect we’ve beaten or drawn with them more than any other club in that time, incl Celtic

hibsbollah
22-09-2020, 10:09 AM
Apart from anything else, the correct punishment for the Porto Freddo incident should have been yellow for Porto and a yellow for Freddo for the kick out, and a second yellow for simulation, which seems to be a completely unenforced offense these days.

I love the hun whining though :faf:

superfurryhibby
22-09-2020, 10:33 AM
That's nasty.

Closed fist to the jaw, very nasty.

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2020, 10:37 AM
I completely understand that... Let's face it, Hibs are the Establishment Club.

Which SPFL club is located nearest to the Scottish Parliament?
Which club does the First Minister's husband support?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f1/c1/48/f1c148616f6b8f76e4bf1a5018aa76b4.gif

Nasty!

:wink:

Not to mention Ian Blackford.

It's a nashonulist conspiracy against the Rangurz :greengrin

Victor
22-09-2020, 10:38 AM
Mr. Hagi was lucky that his face was left totally unmarked after Hanlon’s vicious assault. Going by Mr. Boyd’s description one would have expected extensive facial reconstruction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keith_M
22-09-2020, 10:38 AM
Not to mention Ian Blackford.

It's a nashonulist conspiracy against the Rangurz :greengrin

Forgot about him.

I'll have to find a new meme that fires three shots...

superfurryhibby
22-09-2020, 10:45 AM
Defoe's elbow to Boyler's pus....nasty. Watch it in slow motion. Defoe's elbow is up high, at the height of his own face. Boyle and he jump together, but if you look, Boyle's elbows are much lower then the Hun's. To me Defoe was reckless and lucky to get away with that.

He was also lucky not to concede a penalty, it definitely hit of his hand and Boyle's shoulder.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1307666007377485824

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2020, 10:47 AM
Forgot about him.

I'll have to find a new meme that fires three shots...

:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2020, 11:14 AM
'Nasty', what's he talking about? It wasn't a dirty game at all. The so called 'forearm smash' (it was nothing of the kind) wasn't even deliberate. Same old Huns: always cheated, never defeated. Every single time they don't win it's because the opposition were dirty and the officials cheated. It's pathetic.

The can feel aggrieved that the linesmen missed the offside for our second goal, but this talk of red cards and nasty play is nonsense.

JimBHibees
22-09-2020, 11:17 AM
Defoe's elbow to Boyler's pus....nasty. Watch it in slow motion. Defoe's elbow is up high, at the height of his own face. Boyle and he jump together, but if you look, Boyle's elbows are much lower then the Hun's. To me Defoe was reckless and lucky to get away with that.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1307666007377485824

The irony of Boyd having the perfect view isn't lost.

sadtom
22-09-2020, 11:52 AM
Pre match music here please.

https://youtu.be/CG8rtwKYdT8

Beat me to it. 😁
An absolute must for the pre match next time derhunz are at the Holy Ground.
Would be 'banter years' standard trolling.
Could even flip it over and play the b side straight after.

Pilrig_Sauzee
22-09-2020, 01:07 PM
I would never want us to be cloggers or a side that just kicked the opposition off the park, but we’ve been too soft too often over the years. So mixing strength and agresssion with good football is most welcome. It’s possible to do both.

Keith_M
22-09-2020, 01:12 PM
Just picked a new T-Shirt for the next game against Der Hun.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0436/7045/products/mens_t_shirt_-_dads_army_-_lance_corporal_jones_they_dont_like_it_up_em_-_green_cropped_300x300.jpg?v=1471547922

gbhibby
22-09-2020, 02:11 PM
I would never want us to be cloggers or a side that just kicked the opposition off the park, but we’ve been too soft too often over the years. So mixing strength and agresssion with good football is most welcome. It’s possible to do both.
Couldn't have put it better myself. We have had great footballing sides in the past but no hard edge. If you look at most successful sides they always have players who can mix it. Keep up the good work Ryan.

Unseen work
22-09-2020, 02:32 PM
Is it just me that loves we were described as nasty?

Its about bloody time.

I hope teams play against us knowing we have that nasty streak and will do whatever to get the job done and that they won’t have an easy game.

SChibs
22-09-2020, 04:13 PM
The nastiness is what Aberdeen have had the last few years which makes them not pretty but very effective. It's something we've be lacking and what we need to take into other games not just the old firm ones

Dmas
23-09-2020, 05:07 AM
Listened to 20mins of SSB on the way home from work on Monday as I knew it would be gold, I was actually left traumatised that there are so many idiots out there, Hanlon charged with assault being the pick with Alex Rae starting off unsure but the more seethe that set in the more he was coming round to the idea.

How many 90mins would Alex Rae have completed in his career if what Hanlon done was judged as red card worthy? The answers less than 1.

Brunswickbill
23-09-2020, 06:37 AM
Listened to 20mins of SSB on the way home from work on Monday as I knew it would be gold, I was actually left traumatised that there are so many idiots out there, Hanlon charged with assault being the pick with Alex Rae starting off unsure but the more seethe that set in the more he was coming round to the idea.

How many 90mins would Alex Rae have completed in his career if what Hanlon done was judged as red card worthy? The answers less than 1.

Announcer starts by saying Aberdeen along with Hibs have been hit by a fined for breaching Covid rules. Sets the scene for blame fest.

Hibernian Verse
23-09-2020, 06:47 AM
No fan group of football fans in the world are as ****my and pathetic as Sevco 2012.

I hope we are even nastier next time and leave the likes of Morelos and Kent in floods of tears.

Wait till we (possibly) go independent. Ibrox is already a breeding ground for hatred and bigotry but it will get even worse.

Can't wait to go :greengrin

Killiehibbie
23-09-2020, 07:39 AM
Is it just me that loves we were described as nasty?

Its about bloody time.

I hope teams play against us knowing we have that nasty streak and will do whatever to get the job done and that they won’t have an easy game.

Nothing nasty about the team. If standing strong is now seen as nasty the game's ****ed.

bigwheel
23-09-2020, 07:42 AM
Indeed...hopefully gone are the days that the opposing team is saying “get into their faces, they are too nice”..delighted we seem to have a bit more steel about us

Hibrandenburg
23-09-2020, 08:01 AM
Nobody can be as nasty as that vile club and their vile followers. Why does anyone even pay attention to a word they say?

greenlex
23-09-2020, 06:38 PM
https://twitter.com/tamsellicsoniii/status/1308128068528230400?s=21

glorious.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

O'Rourke3
23-09-2020, 07:29 PM
Announcer starts by saying Aberdeen along with Hibs have been hit by a fined for breaching Covid rules. Sets the scene for blame fest.When were Hibs fined? We lost Gogic?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

CentreLine
23-09-2020, 08:10 PM
When were Hibs fined? We lost Gogic?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I don’t believe we were but some parts of the media are just desperate to include us in any controversy. Not long ago the late test results leading to the cancellation of the Ross County friendly was being quoted alongside Aberdeen and Celtic players indiscretions. It’s getting pathetic.