PDA

View Full Version : Steven gerrard-classless prick ?

hhibs
21-09-2020, 05:28 PM
Discuss.

And no Lack of capital G is not deliberate.

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2020, 05:30 PM
Discuss.

Sadly I have to agree and have posted as much on the Porteous thread.

MWHIBBIES
21-09-2020, 05:32 PM
Undoubtedly. I think you have to be a classless prick to be their manager.

JimBHibees
21-09-2020, 05:32 PM
Can't disagree. No idea wtf he was having a go at Porteous for and felt the need to bring up Porteous last season. Does he realise how many times Morelos has been sent off plus all the other times he should have walked?

kaimendhibs
21-09-2020, 05:35 PM
Agree.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
21-09-2020, 05:36 PM
He’s really grown into a proper Hun manager and adopted all the disagreeable traits associated with that vile institution.

A great fit for Rangers.

green day
21-09-2020, 05:38 PM
They were blethering about it on Sportsound just now and Tom English said that - regardless of shaking hands or not - Porteous has won the mental battle hands down and was probably chuckling all the way up the tunnel.

1van Sprou7e
21-09-2020, 05:38 PM
Can't disagree. No idea wtf he was having a go at Porteous for and felt the need to bring up Porteous last season. Does he realise how many times Morelos has been sent off plus all the other times he should have walked?

More than anything else it's just embarrasing for Gerrard to bring that up.

Don't care if it's a deflection tactic, leave the ****talking between the players on the park where it belongs. Very unprofessional and childish for a manager to try and respond to something like that

neil7908
21-09-2020, 05:42 PM
I quite liked him as a player but as a manager the title is spot on.

7 Up
21-09-2020, 05:44 PM
He showed his immaturity as a manager yesterday. First Jack Ross got the better of him tactically and then he let himself get wound up by a 21-year-old.

Shrekko
21-09-2020, 05:44 PM
He did a reasonable job of hiding it to a lot of people when a player- probably because of is great talent, but I think he's a horrible person. Although he wasn't convicted, the video footage of that pub incident said a lot about him.

Since452
21-09-2020, 05:45 PM
He's always been a prick.

https://youtu.be/OQojYgak6GQ

Joe6-2
21-09-2020, 05:46 PM
What a pathetic little man he is

weecounty hibby
21-09-2020, 05:50 PM
He is definitely a classless prick. Whether he was before he became a classless Hun prick I don't know. It seems to almost be part of the job description. He had been in the door 5 minutes and he was telling anyone who would listen that everyone was against them. But anyway **** him and **** all the huns. I wish them many more dropped points

Cat Stanton
21-09-2020, 06:01 PM
Discuss.

Ask the DJ he assaulted - when he should have gone to jail. He's a lot worse than classless.

davy67 +
21-09-2020, 06:13 PM
Completely agree. Can't say I've ever liked him. He's fair typical of the spice boy generation of player they were all mostly dickheads

matty_f
21-09-2020, 06:50 PM
For a manager of his standing in the game to slaughter a 20 year old player breaking through is disgusting, saying it’s classless is being kind.

Porteous never made a bad tackle in the game, the wee class with Morelos was a nothing incident, made to look worse by Gerrard’s player rolling about the floor holding his face, for some reason.

Gerrard has a face like he’s pushing out a particularly tricky jobby, and i can only assume that jobby causes him enough angst that he forgets how to be a decent person/manager.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-09-2020, 06:59 PM
Discuss.

What’s there to discuss?
The title of the post say it all

Billy Whizz
21-09-2020, 07:03 PM
It’s a shame as he was a great great player

But most who end up at Rangers, end up being CP’s, not his fault, it’s a club thing. The fact that their captain won’t shake hands at the end, says it all
He needs to get out of Ibrox pronto, for his own sake

JimBHibees
21-09-2020, 07:12 PM
For a manager of his standing in the game to slaughter a 20 year old player breaking through is disgusting, saying it’s classless is being kind.

Porteous never made a bad tackle in the game, the wee class with Morelos was a nothing incident, made to look worse by Gerrard’s player rolling about the floor holding his face, for some reason.

Gerrard has a face like he’s pushing out a particularly tricky jobby, and i can only assume that jobby causes him enough angst that he forgets how to be a decent person/manager.

Agree can you actually imagine the roles reversed. Absolutely incredible that he has engaged in this sort of chat especially when whatever Ryan did is incredibly tame.

HibbyAndy
21-09-2020, 07:12 PM

And don't forget Slippy G got a few red cards in his career

The one at Anfield on the touchline where he completely took out Gary Naysmith , Infact did he even get booked for that challenge ?

He's a coward

JimBHibees
21-09-2020, 07:14 PM

The one at Anfield on the touchline where he completely took out Gary Naysmith , Infact did he even get booked for that challenge ?

He's a coward

Think he did get booked but was a complete stick on red. Ref bottled it. Horrible two footed over the ball leg breaker tackle.

HibbyAndy
21-09-2020, 07:15 PM
Think he did get booked but was a complete stick on red. Ref bottled it. Horrible two footed over the ball leg breaker tackle.

:agree:

Disgusting challenge

linlithgowhibbie
21-09-2020, 07:25 PM
Just in from walking football. 5 out of 22 of us are current buns, everyone of that 5 said Porteous should have been off and that he is a f@nny. The other 17 of us all agreed he didn't deserve a red, some said he deserved a yellow. Funnily enough no one had spotted the forearm smash at the first goal, (the one that wasn't mentioned in the tv discussions) and Defoes elbow to the face on Boyler was "Nothing".
I sometimes despair!

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2020, 07:34 PM
Never thought I would come on here and read a load of posts slagging off Stevie Gerrard and agree with them!

Vault Boy
21-09-2020, 07:43 PM
Steven Gerrard, you ruined my night, completely, so you could have the money, but I hope now you spend it on getting some lessons in grace and decorum because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

Stuart93
21-09-2020, 07:44 PM
Really poor not to shake a young guys hand regardless of how he’s played against you

Hibee87
21-09-2020, 07:45 PM
Steven Gerrard, you ruined my night, completely, so you could have the money, but I hope now you spend it on getting some lessons in grace and decorum because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

😂😂

HibbyAndy
21-09-2020, 07:53 PM
Really poor not to shake a young guys hand regardless of how he’s played against you

And by the way don't forget , Last season when Porteous was wrongly sent off in th 3-0 game Gerrard ran in to the hibs area causing a smoke bomb raising his arms left right and central then the coward he is ran away blaming everyone else

PatHead
21-09-2020, 08:03 PM
I think it is disgusting that an opposition manager, no matter who, goes on the pitch to have a go at a young player.

Real Emerald
21-09-2020, 08:04 PM

He's a coward

Exactly, he was a dirty thug on the pitch especially in his early years. Getting wound up because Porto nudged the petted lip to the ground is embarrassing for someone with his background in the game.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-09-2020, 08:07 PM
Immature way of showing his frustration. Before their European game he told his players that just turning up and being Rangers wasn't enough to win games and Sunday proved that.

Ronniekirk
21-09-2020, 08:08 PM
It must hurt him that he canne win anything Another fruitless season would not look well on his C V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
21-09-2020, 08:12 PM

Terrific 😂

lyonhibs
21-09-2020, 08:28 PM
What's he said that is so bad? He's a classless jobby of a Hun, but every manager they've ever had (except Le Guen, and look how they chewed him up) is. Much ado about nothing IMO.

jacomo
21-09-2020, 08:56 PM
What's he said that is so bad? He's a classless jobby of a Hun, but every manager they've ever had (except Le Guen, and look how they chewed him up) is. Much ado about nothing IMO.

I think it’s just laughable that one of the most famous players of his generation can get so riled by a 21 year old learning his trade.

Gerrard looked like a fool in the media today, and it’s amusing.

Stuart93
21-09-2020, 09:02 PM
And by the way don't forget , Last season when Porteous was wrongly sent off in th 3-0 game Gerrard ran in to the hibs area causing a smoke bomb raising his arms left right and central then the coward he is ran away blaming everyone else

The guys a ****ing tit

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2020, 09:08 PM
It makes that slip against Chelsea even more fun to watch.

CraigHibee
21-09-2020, 09:10 PM
They were blethering about it on Sportsound just now and Tom English said that - regardless of shaking hands or not - Porteous has won the mental battle hands down and was probably chuckling all the way up the tunnel.

Probably the most sensible thing he's said in a while

JimBHibees
21-09-2020, 09:42 PM

What is the reference to this? :greengrin

Davy Mac
21-09-2020, 09:44 PM
Has to be said but that's nothing like the Rangers team we grew up watching, can you imagine John Brown all these erse wipes lying down to the mighty Hibees, I think Gerrard is doing a fine job, long may his signing policy continue.

Vault Boy
21-09-2020, 09:49 PM
What is the reference to this? :greengrin

This iconic moment (https://youtu.be/lMvwEgb8_3Y)

MrRobot
21-09-2020, 09:50 PM
Horrible greeting faced *******.

calumhibee1
21-09-2020, 09:53 PM
Was a ****bag as a player and hasn’t changed one bit as a manager.

madhatter
21-09-2020, 09:57 PM
Yeah course...

Pic of Porteous laughing at him makes Gerrard look a desperate man tbh. If he fails at Rangers this year he will be binned and I doubt it will look good on his CV. Loses a 2 horse race in a pub league again won’t look great. Liverpool job looks a mile away at the moment.

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2020, 03:51 PM

Come whine with me. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
22-09-2020, 04:06 PM
Gerrard whining about Porteous pushing Morelos to the ground yet he had some disgusting tackles in his time , Erse.

Bostonhibby
22-09-2020, 04:15 PM
Gerrard whining about Porteous pushing Morelos to the ground yet he had some disgusting tackles in his time , Erse.

23992Cowardly stamp then, cowardly stamp now.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

EI255
22-09-2020, 04:15 PM
He has certainly not covered himself in glory. Unsurprising though. Ryan definitely came out of this better than Gerrard and his classless player (who really has made a dick of himself)

That's The Rangers for you though.

Remember, no one likes them. And no one cares.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

EI255
22-09-2020, 04:16 PM
Cowardly stamp then, cowardly stamp now.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using TapatalkI remember that one!

Jim44
22-09-2020, 04:19 PM

...... even the odd slip up. https://youtu.be/peym05ZaV_o

Cabbage East
22-09-2020, 04:20 PM
He’s devoid of class. He’s a jake. Nothing wrong with being a jake, but a classless jake...

EI255
22-09-2020, 04:20 PM
How about this career ender from Steven Gerrard..... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200922/a6652b0d584123ad177b0773924836aa.jpg

superfurryhibby
22-09-2020, 04:31 PM
Gerrard was undoubtedly a very good footballer and gave everything on the field. He was also no stranger to delivering the occasional brutal tackle, but he never seemed to take getting similar treatment that well. I was always of the view whilst playing football that if you dish it out, then you get it back. Gerrard often came across as a bit of an entitled prick, seems like nothing much has changed. Classless fud.

James Stephen
22-09-2020, 06:18 PM
Like Gerrard will care, he will just go home and look at all his league winners medals...

And then all the medals he won restoring the once mighty rangers to greatness...

And think about all those times he dragged England through to the business end of a tournament...

Oh, i think i see his problem.

Still, he will always have instanbul i suppose. Must hurt though, they always say great teams (and players) win league titles.

Scouse Hibee
22-09-2020, 06:28 PM
Like Gerrard will care, he will just go home and look at all his league winners medals...

And then all the medals he won restoring the once mighty rangers to greatness...

And think about all those times he dragged England through to the business end of a tournament...

Oh, i think i see his problem.

Still, he will always have instanbul i suppose. Must hurt though, they always say great teams (and players) win league titles.

Whilst I agree that Gerrard is behaving like a complete prick there is absolutely no doubt that he was a great player in a team that never managed to win the league. His playing talent can’t be dismissed because of his antics as a manager. Yes he can **** off and walk alone but that doesn’t change how good he was for Liverpool.

CockneyRebel
22-09-2020, 06:48 PM
Whilst I agree that Gerrard is behaving like a complete prick there is absolutely no doubt that he was a great player in a team that never managed to win the league. His playing talent can’t be dismissed because of his antics as a manager. Yes he can **** off and walk alone but that doesn’t change how good he was for Liverpool.

I second that emulsion.

WeeRussell
22-09-2020, 06:52 PM
Genuinely think he’s right up there with the biggest tossers to manage in Glasgow during my time as a Hibs fan.

Maybe I’m choosing to forget how much I’ve disliked others but I’m sticking to it.

Onion
22-09-2020, 07:01 PM
He's a petty whinger. Fits in perfectly with Sevco 2012.

PatHead
22-09-2020, 07:24 PM
Always thought he was overrated in the way that English players are. He should have moved to a big club of that era like Man United or Chelsea or gone abroad.

HoboHarry
22-09-2020, 07:26 PM
I second that emulsion.
You're painting a good picture of events here......

Iggy Pope
22-09-2020, 07:34 PM
Always thought he was overrated in the way that English players are. He should have moved to a big club of that era like Man United or Chelsea or gone abroad.

He did try very hard at that one.

Franck Stanton
22-09-2020, 07:35 PM

Well said Scouse. He was a great player both for Liverpool & England.
Pity he is such a whinging knob of a manager. He has obviously bought into all that "we are the people" crap.

HibbyAndy
22-09-2020, 07:39 PM

I agree

But he is still a Coward

Jim44
22-09-2020, 07:49 PM
Pity he is such a whinging knob of a manager. He has obviously bought into all that "we are the people" crap.

Who knows what amount of initiation and brain-washing Rangers managers have to endure but they all seem to pass the test ......... full marks to Gerrard for graduating with flying colours. Bitter and twisted individual, not helped by the immense pressure of knowing your job is on the line. Tough *****.

The Harp Awakes
22-09-2020, 08:34 PM

A poisonous club and a classless Manager who is clearly feeling the pressure. Another season without a trophy and he'll be toast and he knows it.

coco22
22-09-2020, 08:54 PM
The impending truth for him, is that sacked as a failed manager at Them is not how he will have planned his rise to better things down south. Every decision, result and even media defeats from a savvy upcoming young hibee pro, stings a bit more. Plus he’s just a big hunfud and it’s hilarious 😂

kaimendhibs
22-09-2020, 09:07 PM
He was a brilliant player but my Liverpool fanatic mate who still lives there told me he was always lacking in class.
Said he was the only player refusing autographs.
Seems about right

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

James Stephen
22-09-2020, 09:36 PM

Totally agree he was a brilliant player, and had some truly great defining moments.

But ultimayely in the cold light of day, his career and his mind will be full of what ifs and what might have beens.

Compared to his contemporaries such as lampard, scholes, terry, owen hargreaves, and dare i say Jordan henderson his career stats and medals tally is not what it should have been.

And thats not even including some of club legends, whose records knock the socks off of his - souness, hansen, dalglish and many others.

And he did nothing of note for england - unlike guys like lineker, barnes etc, and even the current team who did better than him.

Great player absolutely, but that makes his relatively poor return all the more startling, and i have no doubt that it eats away at him.

Its actually a bit like Levein - also a very good player relative to the level he played at, but whose career also undelievered, and who also turned into embittered wee naff with a faux arrogance to deflect from his own sense of underachievement.

Maybe a tad pop psychologist, but thats my take on it.

Fortunately for us, his huns career seems to be going the same way, and he may well end up as one of the VERY few managers in the history of old and new huns to never win a trophy, and at the same time see his career path to a big job down south hit the skids, while lampard and solksjaer land plum roles (albeit they haven't been roaring successes yet). Which would be nice.

jacomo
22-09-2020, 09:43 PM
The impending truth for him, is that sacked as a failed manager at Them is not how he will have planned his rise to better things down south. Every decision, result and even media defeats from a savvy upcoming young hibee pro, stings a bit more. Plus he’s just a big hunfud and it’s hilarious 😂

Tbf to him he did better in his first season than I thought a rookie manager would. The Rangers are an absolute basket case.

They still are - one the one hand they are desperate to stop 10 in a row, on the other they are equally desperate to sell their top goal scorer. And the chairman who helped get them into this mess has left before his stated goal was complete.

It’s going to end in tears unless Celtc absolutely blow it.

The 90+2
22-09-2020, 10:38 PM
Gerrard is a hypocrite. He’s the biggest *****bag going.

coco22
22-09-2020, 10:41 PM
Tbf to him he did better in his first season than I thought a rookie manager would. The Rangers are an absolute basket case.

They still are - one the one hand they are desperate to stop 10 in a row, on the other they are equally desperate to sell their top goal scorer. And the chairman who helped get them into this mess has left before his stated goal was complete.

It’s going to end in tears unless Celtc absolutely blow it.

Ok...I don’t think that he’s done a ridiculously bad job given the circumstances. He could have still left slightly tarnished after his involvement with Rangers but head held high... his swallowing of the DNA is what leaves a skidmark on the rest of his career (for me)

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-09-2020, 12:32 AM
Deflection

Get people talking about something other than them dropping points, and its worked

Total prick

The 90+2
23-09-2020, 01:39 AM
Deflection

Get people talking about something other than them dropping points, and its worked

Total prick

He’s a sexy man that wants to manage Liverpool.

HoboHarry
23-09-2020, 01:46 AM
Only surprising thing to me is that the thread title had a question mark at the end.

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 06:33 AM
Totally agree he was a brilliant player, and had some truly great defining moments.

He had a truly great game in Istanbul, but I remember him as a diving, cheating git.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 06:40 AM
He had a truly great game in Istanbul, but I remember him as a diving, cheating git.

He was a wonderful, world class player. Nonsense to say otherwise just because he is a knob of a person.

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 06:59 AM
He was a wonderful, world class player. Nonsense to say otherwise just because he is a knob of a person.
An all-round loser.

CmoantheHibs
23-09-2020, 07:03 AM
Imagine if we had actually won. The accusations would have been similar to the cup final level. It wasn’t even a dirty game. Yes Gerrard is a classless prick and sevco don’t like people standing up to them.

jacomo
23-09-2020, 07:20 AM
Imagine if we had actually won. The accusations would have been similar to the cup final level. It wasn’t even a dirty game. Yes Gerrard is a classless prick and sevco don’t like people standing up to them.

An injury time winner would have been very sweet. Perhaps we needed SDG on the pitch for that...

jacomo
23-09-2020, 07:22 AM
Ok...I don’t think that he’s done a ridiculously bad job given the circumstances. He could have still left slightly tarnished after his involvement with Rangers but head held high... his swallowing of the DNA is what leaves a skidmark on the rest of his career (for me)

Agree with that.

NC1875
23-09-2020, 07:40 AM
He’s spent how many million to finish as losers the last 2 seasons and I hope this season too. Can’t be classed as any kind of success as a manager. The guys a prick and I hope him and Sevco never win anything again.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 07:41 AM
An all-round loser.

He was a quality player who won plenty trophies. The premier league just eluded him. He could've gone to any team in the world and won the league, though. Seperate the quality player from the tosser of a man, its not difficult.

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 08:01 AM
He was a quality player who won plenty trophies. The premier league just eluded him. He could've gone to any team in the world and won the league, though. Seperate the quality player from the tosser of a man, its not difficult.

The premier league just 'eluded' him? He single-handedly gave it away!

Killiehibbie
23-09-2020, 08:05 AM

Hard to play when crippled. He wasn't allowed to sign for another club.

CockneyRebel
23-09-2020, 08:07 AM

That is pure nonsense. A slip in ONE game defines Liverpool's season?

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 08:08 AM

Oh right, over 38 games, he single handedly gave it away? Don't be silly. That's like saying Conrad Logan single handedly cost us promotion because of the mistake in the playoffs. Or Liam Fontaine single handedly lost us the league cup. It's absolute rubbish. It's a team game. Gerrard made a mistake but they had 45 minutes either side of it and done nothing. They also blew the 3 goal lead at palace.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 08:09 AM

Oh yeah, the gangster story. Yeah, I'm sure that would've happened. Not.

Killiehibbie
23-09-2020, 08:13 AM

Mibbies aye mibbies no but it fits the thread.

Hiber-nation
23-09-2020, 08:30 AM
Wonderful player, joy to watch. Classless prick, absolutely. I couldn't believe he took that job and I wouldn't be surprised if he jacks it in at the end of the season no matter what happens.

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 08:32 AM
Oh right, over 38 games, he single handedly gave it away? Don't be silly. That's like saying Conrad Logan single handedly cost us promotion because of the mistake in the playoffs. Or Liam Fontaine single handedly lost us the league cup. It's absolute rubbish. It's a team game. Gerrard made a mistake but they had 45 minutes either side of it and done nothing. They also blew the 3 goal lead at palace.

Pretty sure that Gerrard played in the 3-3 game at Palace, and most of the other 37 games. As I say, a loser. You'll be saying next that Amadou, dou, dou didn't single-handedly get us into Europe with his goal against The Mothers. Now there was a legend.

Zambernardi1875
23-09-2020, 08:34 AM

who was he better than, in the european teams in the top leagues that won the league?

LeithMike
23-09-2020, 08:38 AM
Dont think he's covered himself in glory at Rangers but that shouldn't tarnish all he's achieved before. He was certainly a class player.

Rangers as a club are clearly carrying a big chip on their shoulders and it would do Gerrard good to escape that environment before too long. I think he's shown promising signs as a manager.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
23-09-2020, 08:53 AM

😂 Don’t talk daft.

Scouse Hibee
23-09-2020, 08:55 AM

That’s a cracker! Totally untrue but matches some of the other dross on this thread.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 09:06 AM
who was he better than, in the european teams in the top leagues that won the league?

Plenty of players. He finished 3rd in the ballon d'Or in 2005, behind Lampard and Ronaldinho so pretty much everyone

Some midfield players who won top leagues between 2005-2015

Darren Fletcher
Darren Gibson
Michael Carrick
John Obi Mikel
Sully muntari
Kevin prince boateng
Anatoliy Tymoshchuk
Mark van bommel
Edmilson
Stefano sturaro
Mo diarra

That's just a few. Some decent players there but not one could lace Gerrard's boots on his best day. No doubt many, many more as well.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 09:08 AM
Pretty sure that Gerrard played in the 3-3 game at Palace, and most of the other 37 games. As I say, a loser. You'll be saying next that Amadou, dou, dou didn't single-handedly get us into Europe with his goal against The Mothers. Now there was a legend.

Won the CL against an absolutely amazing Milan side. As I say, a winner.

Zambernardi1875
23-09-2020, 09:16 AM
Plenty of players. He finished 3rd in the ballon d'Or in 2005, behind Lampard and Ronaldinho so pretty much everyone

Some midfield players who won top leagues between 2005-2015

Darren Fletcher
Darren Gibson
Michael Carrick
John Obi Mikel
Sully muntari
Kevin prince boateng
Anatoliy Tymoshchuk
Mark van bommel
Edmilson
Stefano sturaro
Mo diarra

That's just a few. Some decent players there but not one could lace Gerrard's boots on his best day. No doubt many, many more as well.

comparing him to a squad player. think you've answered my question thanks

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 09:16 AM
Won the CL against an absolutely amazing Milan side. As I say, a winner.

That game, as I said, he was truly great. 'Single-handedly' brought his team back from the dead. A winner that (one) day. :agree:

hibeerealist
23-09-2020, 09:18 AM
He continues to refer to Porto's tackle when he was sent off in the hun game last season, called it horrific. I seem to remember him being sent off in a Merseyside derby for a real horrific tackle two feet and off the ground which connected!

Jesus, Porto's tackle was a cuddle next to that, yes he was young - as is Porto - yes his team were losing - as was Porto's, short memory and as many have said - classless prick.

Was a fine player in his day but short memory!

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 09:19 AM
That game, as I said, he was truly great. 'Single-handedly' brought his team back from the dead. A winner that (one) day. :agree:
What about a year later, 2 world class goals in the fa cup final?

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 09:25 AM
comparing him to a squad player. think you've answered my question thanks

Who is the squad player? I said he was considerably better than all of them. From about 2005-2010 he gets in every league winning team in the top leagues without question, probably with the exception of Barcelona in 2009 and 2010. He would get ahead of pretty much every player as an attacking midfielder during that period.

Strolls in any real Madrid side during that period, same with inter Milan and Bayern Munich. Would've also easily got in Man Uniteds side as their midfielder was nothing special.

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 09:31 AM
What about a year later, 2 world class goals in the fa cup final?

Can only remember one of them, was good - would say up there with Slivka's at Ibrox.

CockneyRebel
23-09-2020, 09:45 AM
Who is the squad player? I said he was considerably better than all of them. From about 2005-2010 he gets in every league winning team in the top leagues without question, probably with the exception of Barcelona in 2009 and 2010. He would get ahead of pretty much every player as an attacking midfielder during that period.

Strolls in any real Madrid side during that period, same with inter Milan and Bayern Munich. Would've also easily got in Man Uniteds side as their midfielder was nothing special.

Too many on here are letting there dislike of his persona blur their memory of his many attributes as a player. Is Suarez a crap player? You have to separate ability from all the other stuff if you are rating him purely as a footballer. There are a lot of nice guys in football but very few bear comparison with Mother Theresa.

PatHead
23-09-2020, 09:50 AM
Too many on here are letting there dislike of his persona blur their memory of his many attributes as a player. Is Suarez a crap player? You have to separate ability from all the other stuff if you are rating him purely as a footballer. There are a lot of nice guys in football but very few bear comparison with Mother Theresa.

Think the op asked if he was a classless prick. Answer is yes. It doesn't matter how good or bad a player he was. Still a prick.

As I said earlier, thought he was overrated but that is my opinion. He was world class in the way that any half decent player is built up by the English press. Not denying that he had his moments though.

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 09:52 AM

Both the players you are talking about here were, as players, cheating diving gits.

A Hi-Bee
23-09-2020, 09:55 AM
Oh he is a classless prick of that I have little doubt. Emlyn Hughes was a better player and role model.

HibbyAndy
23-09-2020, 09:56 AM
He continues to refer to Porto's tackle when he was sent off in the hun game last season, called it horrific. I seem to remember him being sent off in a Merseyside derby for a real horrific tackle two feet and off the ground which connected!

Jesus, Porto's tackle was a cuddle next to that, yes he was young - as is Porto - yes his team were losing - as was Porto's, short memory and as many have said - classless prick.

Was a fine player in his day but short memory!

I think this thread has been sidetracked , Gerrard was a world class player and a winner no 2 ways about it :agree:

Gerrard moaning about Porteous shove on Morelos and failing to shake his hand makes him a complete muppet , For he was one that loved a leg breaker or 2

Tynie01011973
23-09-2020, 09:57 AM

Too many people on here are using his playing career to defend his personal actions.

How about you concentrate on things he has said/done away from his playing career!

Should have been locked up for drunken assault of pub DJ because he wouldn't let him choose music?
His statements since he became Sevco manager about everyone in Scottish Football being biased against them?

No doubting his playing career (albeit he was a dirty b'strd sometimes) but this thread is about the person NOT his playing career.

😁

CockneyRebel
23-09-2020, 10:09 AM
Both the players you are talking about here were, as players, cheating diving gits.

I gather you are not for turning :greengrin

Smartie
23-09-2020, 10:11 AM
I don’t mind him.

Top player, some of those goals and performances in Europe were up there with the best I’ve seen.

He’s often been quite complimentary about us.

Obviously I can’t stand the club he’s at but he’s under a bucketload of pressure there and that will lead to him getting wound up. I think he’s wrong to be behaving how he is towards Porteous and I don’t think he’ll be a top manager until he learns to rise above stuff like that. Trickier at that club though, with the pressure that will exist to act like a fanny.

He’s improved them massively. Hopefully he falls flat on his face this season and I want nothing to happen more than for Rangers to die again, but I think he’s an excellent manager.

He needs to leave so I can properly like him again.

CockneyRebel
23-09-2020, 10:11 AM
Too many people on here are using his playing career to defend his personal actions.

How about you concentrate on things he has said/done away from his playing career!

Should have been locked up for drunken assault of pub DJ because he wouldn't let him choose music?
His statements since he became Sevco manager about everyone in Scottish Football being biased against them?

No doubting his playing career (albeit he was a dirty b'strd sometimes) but this thread is about the person NOT his playing career.

😁

I am now standing in the corner with a pointy hat on.

Man Down Under
23-09-2020, 10:14 AM
Seems like the sort of bloke that can't express joy for others unless he is benefiting himself, which is probably why he's so miserable and also why he probably deserves to be.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

jacomo
23-09-2020, 10:30 AM

I’ve heard some rumours. They are not nice.

CockneyRebel
23-09-2020, 10:33 AM

😁

And yet - why are so many posters who are giving their opinion of his character using the opportunity to slag off his playing career at the same time. I don't mix the two, I try to address them separately and not use one against the other.

1. I have changed my thoughts on him as a person drastically since he came to Scotland as Sevco manager as he has a high media profile which continually highlights his radicalisation into the Sevco mentality.

2. I have not changed my high regard for him as a player.

See how I managed to separate the two entirely separate issues? I realise the original poster was discussing his character and not his playing ability but the post was hi-jacked long before I gave any opinion.

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 10:47 AM
I think this thread has been sidetracked , Gerrard was a world class player and a winner no 2 ways about it :agree:

Gerrard moaning about Porteous shove on Morelos and failing to shake his hand makes him a complete muppet , For he was one that loved a leg breaker or 2

Been scrolling through what I would regard as 'world class' footballers, and I can't think of any who delighted in injuring other players. Can you give any examples other than Gerrard? :dunno:

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 10:48 AM
I gather you are not for turning :greengrin

:wink:

Smartie
23-09-2020, 11:03 AM
Been scrolling through what I would regard as 'world class' footballers, and I can't think of any who delighted in injuring other players. Can you give any examples other than Gerrard? :dunno:

I’d be amazed if there were many players who could get through a good few hundred games at the top level, playing a combative midfield role without ending up with the odd black mark against them.

I love Paul Scholes, better player than Gerrard. Some rotten tackles in his back catalogue though. Does the headbutt define Zidane?

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 11:09 AM

Are you suggesting Gerrard delighted in injuring others? Bit of a reach that is.

Zambernardi1875
23-09-2020, 11:13 AM

i asked you what players in the top teams he would replace, you gave me a list of squad players. stolls into madrid, inter and bayern and replaces who that played

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 11:47 AM
Are you suggesting Gerrard delighted in injuring others? Bit of a reach that is.
I didn't suggest it, no.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 11:49 AM
i asked you what players in the top teams he would replace, you gave me a list of squad players. stolls into madrid, inter and bayern and replaces who that played

I didn't give you a list of squad players. Those guys were playing for those teams most weeks during that time. He walks into Real Madrid's midfield of that era. Guys like Emerson, Guti, Mo Diarra, David Beckham. Good players but past their best.

Bayern had ze Roberto, mark van bommel, hammit altintop, Andres ottl playing for them every week in 2008 as league winners.

Inter had Vieira, Luis Figo and sully muntari playing for them. Obviously the first 2 were wonderful players but well past it then.

I'm not listing squad players mate, these teams didn't have good midfields during the 2000s. Real Madrid didn't get past the quarter finals of the champions league for nearly 10 years. Man United's midfield was Scholes, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson and a permanently injured Hargreaves. He walks into that side as well.

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 12:00 PM
I’d be amazed if there were many players who could get through a good few hundred games at the top level, playing a combative midfield role without ending up with the odd black mark against them.

I love Paul Scholes, better player than Gerrard. Some rotten tackles in his back catalogue though. Does the headbutt define Zidane?

No, the headbutt was a one-off. And I accept that there will be mistimed tackles, etc. I was responding to a post suggesting that Gerrard loved a leg breaking tackle. Wasn't thinking of Scholes as a world class footballer. There have been players, like Souness, who haven't really cared much for the well-being of their opponents.

Zambernardi1875
23-09-2020, 12:08 PM
I didn't give you a list of squad players. Those guys were playing for those teams most weeks during that time. He walks into Real Madrid's midfield of that era. Guys like Emerson, Guti, Mo Diarra, David Beckham. Good players but past their best.

Bayern had ze Roberto, mark van bommel, hammit altintop, Andres ottl playing for them every week in 2008 as league winners.

Inter had Vieira, Luis Figo and sully muntari playing for them. Obviously the first 2 were wonderful players but well past it then.

I'm not listing squad players mate, these teams didn't have good midfields during the 2000s. Real Madrid didn't get past the quarter finals of the champions league for nearly 10 years. Man United's midfield was Scholes, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson and a permanently injured Hargreaves. He walks into that side as well.

Bayern in 2008 you missed out Schweinstiger and Ribery :wink: what seasons did man utd have that midfield 2008? fletcher hardly played. again youve missed out ronaldo and giggs :wink:

gbhibby
23-09-2020, 12:17 PM
Class is shaking hands irrespective of what happened during the match or in previous matches. Gerrard seems to have become a" Rangers Man"who think they can behave how they like. Football is a physical game and his players are no angels. So what he and his players did was classless.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 12:29 PM
Bayern in 2008 you missed out Schweinstiger and Ribery :wink: what seasons did man utd have that midfield 2008? fletcher hardly played. again youve missed out ronaldo and giggs :wink:

Schweinstiger was a right midfielder/winger then. Ribery was a left winger? How is Gerrard competing with them exactly? Ronaldo was a winger/forward, Gerrard would stroll in ahead of Giggs at that time. Darren Fletcher played over 100 games between 2006 and 2009. Wish I hardly played for Man United as much as he did...

It is pretty clear he would get all of these teams. He was an excellent player, top tier.

Zambernardi1875
23-09-2020, 12:42 PM
Schweinstiger was a right midfielder/winger then. Ribery was a left winger? How is Gerrard competing with them exactly? Ronaldo was a winger/forward, Gerrard would stroll in ahead of Giggs at that time. Darren Fletcher played over 100 games between 2006 and 2009. Wish I hardly played for Man United as much as he did...

It is pretty clear he would get all of these teams. He was an excellent player, top tier.

think you should go back and read the names you mentioned if were only going down the centre mid route. i did find it strange you didnt keep it to that but i understand your sruggling to name a first pick ,top centre mid player gerrard would replace in the early 2000s.

CockneyRebel
23-09-2020, 12:45 PM

Whoever replies to your loaded question would first have to agree with your opinion that he "delighted in injuring other players". Probably the most unsubstantiated statement on this whole topic so can't see many/any replies to your question.

Reminds me of "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

CockneyRebel
23-09-2020, 12:47 PM
think you should go back and read the names you mentioned if were only going down the centre mid route. i did find it strange you didnt keep it to that but i understand your sruggling to name a first pick ,top centre mid player gerrard would replace in the early 2000s.

You have been shot down more times than Douglas Bader :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
23-09-2020, 12:53 PM

Personally, I'm letting my dislike of his employers do that. :wink:

Anyway, that aside, looking at it objectively he was a very good player but I don't think he had the mentality to be among the true greats. Too much letting his emotion get the better of him and running about like a headless chicken.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 12:58 PM

I've named guys who were playing centre midfield or attacking midfield then. I'm really not struggling. Gerrard played in a midfield with Alonso and Mascherano then, that midfield could go toe to toe with anyone in the world. He reached 2 champions league finals, winning 1. Many more semi finals. Chelsea tried to sign him when they had Lampard, Makelele and Essien. He finished 3rd in the Ballon d'Or behind only 1 other midfield player.

Your question was what top, league winning team would he get into. Fact is, he would get into them all at the time. You've named a bunch of wingers?

Inter won a good few Serie As in a row then, he would get into their side no question.
Real won a few league titles, were gash in Europe. Walks into their side.
Bayern won a good few titles, were gash in Europe. Strolls in there alongside Ballack.
Chelsea/United dominated the premier league. Chelsea tried to sign him...

I think the only 2 sides that he wouldn't get into, from that time, in his natrual position are probably AC Milan with Kaka and Chelsea with Lampard. Even Xavi and Iniesta weren't at their peaks then and certainly in 2005/2006 he would've been in ahead of them at Barcelona (both were on the bench in the 2006 CL final, a year after Gerrards most famous night)

How about you tell me all these players who were better than him then?

Imagine trying to say he doesn't get in Real Madrids team from then

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7899615.stm

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 12:59 PM
Whoever replies to your loaded question would first have to agree with your opinion that he "delighted in injuring other players". Probably the most unsubstantiated statement on this whole topic so can't see many/any replies to your question.

Reminds me of "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

Was responding to a post.

hibsbollah
23-09-2020, 01:06 PM
This thread has digressed a bit. Comparative analysis with Sully Muntari and Lassana Diarra :faf:

The key point here is that Gerrard is a prick.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 01:09 PM
This thread has digressed a bit. Comparative analysis with Sully Muntari and Lassana Diarra :faf:

The key point here is that Gerrard is a prick.

Undoubtedly, he is a prick. Doesn't diminish his world class playing talent, though.

Anthony Stokes is also a prick. Doesn't make him less of a legend here.

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 01:15 PM
Undoubtedly, he is a prick. Doesn't diminish his world class playing talent, though.

Anthony Stokes is also a prick. Doesn't make him less of a legend here.

Understandable that Gerrard would be a legend at Anfield, and on Liverpool forums. :agree:

Zambernardi1875
23-09-2020, 01:27 PM
I've named guys who were playing centre midfield or attacking midfield then. I'm really not struggling. Gerrard played in a midfield with Alonso and Mascherano then, that midfield could go toe to toe with anyone in the world. He reached 2 champions league finals, winning 1. Many more semi finals. Chelsea tried to sign him when they had Lampard, Makelele and Essien. He finished 3rd in the Ballon d'Or behind only 1 other midfield player.

Your question was what top, league winning team would he get into. Fact is, he would get into them all at the time. You've named a bunch of wingers?

Inter won a good few Serie As in a row then, he would get into their side no question.
Real won a few league titles, were gash in Europe. Walks into their side.
Bayern won a good few titles, were gash in Europe. Strolls in there alongside Ballack.
Chelsea/United dominated the premier league. Chelsea tried to sign him...

I think the only 2 sides that he wouldn't get into, from that time, in his natrual position are probably AC Milan with Kaka and Chelsea with Lampard. Even Xavi and Iniesta weren't at their peaks then and certainly in 2005/2006 he would've been in ahead of them at Barcelona (both were on the bench in the 2006 CL final, a year after Gerrards most famous night)

How about you tell me all these players who were better than him then?

Imagine trying to say he doesn't get in Real Madrids team from then

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7899615.stm

Madrid came 2nd behind a Barcelona that won the league, cup and Champions league that season beating man utd who won the league and league cup, Liverpool that season got nowhere in the cups, 2nd in the league and beat by Chelsea in the next round of champ lge. :rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2020, 01:35 PM
Madrid came 2nd behind a Barcelona that won the league, cup and Champions league that season beating man utd who won the league and league cup, Liverpool that season got nowhere in the cups, 2nd in the league and beat by Chelsea in the next round of champ lge. :rolleyes:

Of course that is all you took from my post...

Scouse Hibee
23-09-2020, 02:18 PM

😁

Show me one post that defends his personal actions by using his playing career,
Actually don’t bother trying because there isn’t one.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-09-2020, 02:28 PM
Get excited guys

WE HAVE A STATEMENT!!!

Link (https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement/7mtA6fDgbydfqBb7qyU30N)

"RANGERS are bemused that a notice of complaint has been raised against Steven Gerrard, for comments relating to the challenge which caused injury to Alfredo Morelos.

This is a bizarre charge which we will robustly contest at the scheduled hearing.

As is often the case, Steven Gerrard was asked for his view on a flashpoint in the match, with leading questions relating to the challenge that caused the injury and whether it should have been deemed a red card. On several occasions, he refused to do so.

Given the wide range of incidents in Scottish football so far this season, we are perplexed that this issue has been raised and cited for complaint.

Whilst our national sport faces an unprecedented crisis, it is baffling that resources are used to charge Rangers’ Manager based on a flawed and inaccurate interpretation of Steven Gerrard’s remarks.

Rangers will fully support its Manager against this charge during the scheduled hearing."

END

RANGERS are bemused... hee hee

nonshinyfinish
23-09-2020, 02:30 PM
Get excited guys

WE HAVE A STATEMENT!!!

"RANGERS are bemused that a notice of complaint has been raised against Steven Gerrard, for comments relating to the challenge which caused injury to Alfredo Morelos.

This is a bizarre charge which we will robustly contest at the scheduled hearing.

As is often the case, Steven Gerrard was asked for his view on a flashpoint in the match, with leading questions relating to the challenge that caused the injury and whether it should have been deemed a red card. On several occasions, he refused to do so.

Given the wide range of incidents in Scottish football so far this season, we are perplexed that this issue has been raised and cited for complaint.

Whilst our national sport faces an unprecedented crisis, it is baffling that resources are used to charge Rangers’ Manager based on a flawed and inaccurate interpretation of Steven Gerrard’s remarks.

Rangers will fully support its Manager against this charge during the scheduled hearing."

END

Bemused, baffled and perplexed. :hilarious

And Hearts statement season doesn't even kick off for a month. A long way back.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-09-2020, 02:37 PM
Well done Ryan, you caused this crayon to paper mess...

I'd love to know what "injury" they're talking about. When a shoulder to shoulder resulted in him throwing himself down, holding his face (somehow), and completing 4 complete rolls on the pitch.

And would love them to answer for his kick out! But I doubt it'll be addressed

Chorley Hibee
23-09-2020, 02:56 PM
I think they may be referring to the injury he took from a Dundee Utd player the previous week.

Monts
23-09-2020, 02:58 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54268691

HoboHarry
23-09-2020, 02:59 PM
I think they may be referring to the injury he took from a Dundee Utd player the previous week.

Since452
23-09-2020, 03:45 PM
Always bemused about something

JohnMcM
23-09-2020, 03:56 PM

You are correct.:aok:

JohnMcM
23-09-2020, 03:59 PM
Bemused, baffled and perplexed. :hilarious

And Hearts statement season doesn't even kick off for a month. A long way back.

You missed out 'bizarre' and 'will robustly,,,,':greengrin

-Jonesy-
23-09-2020, 04:06 PM
Beggars belief

SouthMoroccoStu
23-09-2020, 04:06 PM

Oops

Ok my bad!

But they moan so much it’s hard to keep up

Bostonhibby
23-09-2020, 04:35 PM
Get excited guys

WE HAVE A STATEMENT!!!

END

RANGERS are bemused... hee heeThought I would have been excited, or at the very least incredulous with this one but it's not even Hearts standard.

Best I could muster was that bemused is an anagram of bumseed, Sevco are bumseed....

Other anagrams are available.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hibs Class
23-09-2020, 04:42 PM
Get excited guys

WE HAVE A STATEMENT!!!

END

The regularity with which sevco are baffled and bemused suggests they aren't very bright.

JeMeSouviens
23-09-2020, 05:13 PM
The regularity with which sevco are baffled and bemused suggests they aren't very bright.

They're constantly amazed that rules apply to them. To be fair, they frequently don't. A transfer ban that only applies after the transfer window. :rolleyes:

whiskyhibby
23-09-2020, 05:22 PM

You cant fix stupid..........

CockneyRebel
23-09-2020, 05:33 PM
I didn't suggest it, no.

Fair enough you didn't suggest it - you stated it like fact.

CockneyRebel
23-09-2020, 05:37 PM
Was responding to a post.

And I was responding to your response - and it was cack. IMO of course.

Killiehibbie
23-09-2020, 05:49 PM
That’s a cracker! Totally untrue but matches some of the other dross on this thread.

Was there any truth in the story that John Kinsella warned off some psycho that was threatening him when he was young?

lapsedhibee
23-09-2020, 06:15 PM
Fair enough you didn't suggest it - you stated it like fact.

No, I asked a question. Even put a question mark at the end, as a clue.

Scouse Hibee
23-09-2020, 06:15 PM
Was there any truth in the story that John Kinsella warned off some psycho that was threatening him when he was young?

Yes there was, however he was never prevented from
moving to another club because of it or any other threats.

ancient hibee
23-09-2020, 06:34 PM
Y

Ridiculous decision to charge Gerrard. He was quite restrained about a dreadful tackle.

matty_f
23-09-2020, 08:03 PM
I would say I’m amazed that they’re bemused that Gerrard is being cited for calling a referee’s integrity into question by implying that they turned a blind eye to something they would have sent Morelos off for, however given it’s The Rangers, it’s not in the least bit surprising.

Tynie01011973
23-09-2020, 08:32 PM
I am now standing in the corner with a pointy hat on.

If the cap fits 😁

O'Rourke3
23-09-2020, 09:00 PM
Oh he is a classless prick of that I have little doubt. Emlyn Hughes was a better player and role model.Role model as classless prick? Agree wholehartedly.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

hhibs
23-09-2020, 11:34 PM
I think calling him classless is ok but a classless prick?
Well that’s classless.

"classless prick ?"

CockneyRebel
24-09-2020, 08:51 AM
No, I asked a question. Even put a question mark at the end, as a clue.

Your "question" could not be answered without accepting your opinion of Gerrard. No clues needed to suss you out.

I don't see anyone defending his character but plenty defending his ability.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2020, 08:57 AM
For someone who put in so many bad challenges, i wont call them tackles in his career, its a little bit weird he's so upset about anything Ryan Porteous has done in his entire career so far.

Although you only need to look at who he now manages, to understand how he can be so hypocritical.

Its one of the worst clubs in the world for hypocrisy.

F+++ him and them.

Bronson
24-09-2020, 08:59 AM
Great player in his day but quite clearly a massive tosser. Thought it since his early rangers days, every interview seems to be such a chore for him, speaks to journos with a real disdain for some reason.

Arrogant, rude, entitled prick. Fits in well over there.

hhibs
24-09-2020, 12:32 PM
Your "question" could not be answered without accepting your opinion of Gerrard. No clues needed to suss you out.

I don't see anyone defending his character but plenty defending his ability.

Still ,what is your point ??

Did the title refer or ask to discuss his football ability, no it did not

Do not know what your problem is, but it is not with me, do not make it so.

CockneyRebel
24-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Still ,what is your point ??

Did the title refer or ask to discuss his football ability, no it did not

Do not know what your problem is, but it is not with me, do not make it so.

No need for the tough guy stuff. If you can't take criticism of your posts then you are in the wrong company.

CockneyRebel
24-09-2020, 01:39 PM
Think the op asked if he was a classless prick. Answer is yes. It doesn't matter how good or bad a player he was. Still a prick.

As I said earlier, thought he was overrated but that is my opinion. He was world class in the way that any half decent player is built up by the English press. Not denying that he had his moments though.

I wasn't answering the OP's question and neither were the posters I was responding too.

hhibs
24-09-2020, 01:47 PM
No need for the tough guy stuff. If you can't take criticism of your posts then you are in the wrong company.

What on earth are you talking about?

You are seem to have a criticism of something, do not know quite what, but it is certainly not what I have posted.

As for tough guy stuff, where you get that from is beyond me.

I suggest you take a pause, as for me I really do not see the point of continuing your remarks to me as you are completely off target.

Since452
24-09-2020, 02:21 PM
Mr Liverpool but spent most of his time trying to engineer a move away from them. Classless.

MWHIBBIES
24-09-2020, 03:13 PM
Mr Liverpool but spent most of his time trying to engineer a move away from them. Classless.

I don't think he spent most of his 26 years there trying to move tbh.

Cabbage East
24-09-2020, 03:55 PM
I don't think he spent most of his 26 years there trying to move tbh.

Why are you endlessly defending the guy?

MWHIBBIES
24-09-2020, 04:00 PM
Why are you endlessly defending the guy?

I'm not. I'm defending his ability as a player. I just responded to the post above because, in my opinion, it's no true.

I've already said he's a tosser of a guy.

CockneyRebel
24-09-2020, 04:12 PM
What on earth are you talking about?

You are seem to have a criticism of something, do not know quite what, but it is certainly not what I have posted.

As for tough guy stuff, where you get that from is beyond me.

I suggest you take a pause, as for me I really do not see the point of continuing your remarks to me as you are completely off target.

I read your earlier post and read it as you believing Gerrard delighted in hurting opponents and my response(s) followed that line. Looking back at some of your responses to me I may have got that wrong?

Scouse Hibee
24-09-2020, 06:07 PM

Aye so he did!

hhibs
24-09-2020, 07:16 PM
I read your earlier post and read it as you believing Gerrard delighted in hurting opponents and my response(s) followed that line. Looking back at some of your responses to me I may have got that wrong?

Where did I say anything of the sort,in any of my posts.

I see that you are unable to admit your mistake.

"I may have got it wrong ?" you say,no you got it completely wrong.

Whatever is troubling you ,you seem all over the place on your posts on this thread.

CockneyRebel
24-09-2020, 07:56 PM

This is the post I first responded to and it seemed pretty clear to me that your opinion was that Gerrard delighted in injuring other players and I responded accordingly. If I misread or misinterpreted your post then of course I apologise for the direction of my post.

My other comments were made to show that although I admired him as a player I was appalled at his radicalisation into the Sevco mentality . The comments were meant for the thread in general.

hhibs
24-09-2020, 09:45 PM
This is the post I first responded to and it seemed pretty clear to me that your opinion was that Gerrard delighted in injuring other players and I responded accordingly. If I misread or misinterpreted your post then of course I apologise for the direction of my post.

My other comments were made to show that although I admired him as a player I was appalled at his radicalisation into the Sevco mentality . The comments were meant for the thread in general.

Read the relevant posts,by the relevant poster FFS

Here is a clue, I am not lapsedhibee and he/she is not hhibs

CockneyRebel
24-09-2020, 10:36 PM

FFS I am at a loss as to where I am and who I am responding to. lapsedhibee, no wonder your lapsed, - hhibs humble apologies, never in the field of hibbie conflict have so many wires been more crossed by so few.

oldbutdim
24-09-2020, 11:47 PM
Bugger.
Reported in error.
Just added to the confusion. Going to my bed.

CockneyRebel
25-09-2020, 01:50 PM

Can you not see the apology in my post FFS. You don't deserve me as a penpal :greengrin