PDA

View Full Version : Porteous

RossScott1991
20-09-2020, 01:48 PM
He hates them. Love it. Straight from reporters on twitter.

“ Porteous not popular with Rangers. Morelos, Tavernier and Gerrard all refusing to acknowledge him on the way in to the dressing room. A few words had between the latter two.”

“Steven Gerrard unhappy with “some of the challenges” from Hibs and wanted “more action taken,” feels it is “two points dropped” for Rangers. Asked about specific incidents, apparently Porteous told Tavernier he was a “bad loser,” says he has form after getting sent off last season”

Peevemor
20-09-2020, 01:55 PM
Pinched from Facebook https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200920/8dbb761ed373d1c62e9ed448ded63a79.jpg

LancsHibs
20-09-2020, 01:59 PM
He really enjoyed his tussle today with that horrible ugly fud Merelos. Got stuck in and wound him up royally, could see it in his face. Whole back 3 then back 4 played superbly. Then with big Gogic sitting in front look solid. Well played young sir, 5 stars today⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

A Hi-Bee
20-09-2020, 02:02 PM
He really enjoyed his tussle today with that horrible ugly fud Merelos. Got stuck in and wound him up royally, could see it in his face. Whole back 3 then back 4 played superbly. Then with big Gogic sitting in front look solid. Well played young sir, 5 stars today⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Future Scotland Captain lets enjoy him while we can.
The hun dont like a taste of their own medicine, cheating bassas

:greengrin

04Sauzee
20-09-2020, 02:03 PM
Deflection tactics from slippy G and the Huns will lap it up. Points dropped at Livi and Hibs. Get it up them

JJP
20-09-2020, 02:05 PM
Unsurpassed dignity as usual...

AugustaHibs
20-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Boy will play at the very top level. He’s becoming so calm and composed on the ball at times he looks 10 years and 500 appearances older than he is. Superb

Bostonhibby
20-09-2020, 02:11 PM
Deflection tactics from slippy G and the Huns will lap it up. Points dropped at Livi and Hibs. Get it up themAnother season of winning absolutely nothing has to be at the back of his mind.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
20-09-2020, 02:13 PM
I get the feeling that a season or two ago that’d be a game he’d get himself sent off in. He had the effect of Scott Brown today - commanding football wise but in terms of mentality got in their heads.

lord bunberry
20-09-2020, 02:22 PM
I loved him laughing at Morelos when he got booked at the end.

jacomo
20-09-2020, 02:24 PM
My Rangers mate was sending abusive texts about Porteous during the game. They would love him in their squad.

Since452
20-09-2020, 02:24 PM
Lives in Rangers head

jacomo
20-09-2020, 02:25 PM
Another season of winning absolutely nothing has to be at the back of his mind.

They don’t look any better than last season to me. If they sell Morelos (and they seem desperate to sell him) they will be worse.

EVENTUALLY
20-09-2020, 02:29 PM
Lives in Rangers head

Ryan played great today. Loved his wee fandango up the wing and his Sauzee-esque back heel. Brilliant.

BegbieHSC
20-09-2020, 02:41 PM
What a man Porto is. Follow follow and Twitter in utter meltdown about him. So pleasing!

Tynie01011973
20-09-2020, 02:45 PM
Ryan played great today. Loved his wee fandango up the wing and his Sauzee-esque back heel. Brilliant.

🙌 definitely much more composed on the ball than last season

chrisski33
20-09-2020, 02:57 PM

“ Porteous not popular with Rangers. Morelos, Tavernier and Gerrard all refusing to acknowledge him on the way in to the dressing room. A few words had between the latter two.”

“Steven Gerrard unhappy with “some of the challenges” from Hibs and wanted “more action taken,” feels it is “two points dropped” for Rangers. Asked about specific incidents, apparently Porteous told Tavernier he was a “bad loser,” says he has form after getting sent off last season”

just hope Celtic dont come after Porteous now.

Since452
20-09-2020, 02:59 PM
Every camera angle caught Ryan pissing himself laughing. Love it. Characters like that you need at a club. Proper old school head on young shoulers. Rangers are raging.

NAE NOOKIE
20-09-2020, 03:00 PM
They absolutely hate him :faf:

I don't know if Ryan will make a step up in years to come that will take him to the riches of the English championship or even EPL. But there's absolutely no doubt that he is good enough for this league and has all the makings of a future Hibs legend. Never afraid to go in where it hurts, gives 100% in every game, supports the club and loves winding up the Huns.

What's not to love about this guy :thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
20-09-2020, 03:02 PM
just hope Celtic dont come after Porteous now.

He has a nice, long contract. They'll be told where to go. Honestly, he's got a good way before he should be thinking about that.

Pretty Boy
20-09-2020, 03:08 PM
Did Gerrard have anything to say about Tavernier and Goldson somehow going 90+ minutes without being booked? Tavernier in particualr got away with absolute murder including one cynical foul on Wright in the 1st half which was a booking every day of the week.

Northernhibee
20-09-2020, 03:09 PM
So Gerrard wanted him sent off because he called Tavernier a gentle name? Awwwww, bless.

Andy74
20-09-2020, 03:12 PM

Aren’t the changing rooms in different stands currently?

hibee_girl
20-09-2020, 03:17 PM
Aren’t the changing rooms in different stands currently?

:agree:

Rangers would have been in the south stand today.

Tambo
20-09-2020, 03:36 PM
Still hurt from that challenge last season which I still stand by was not as reckless as they thought.

Thought he was really good and no stupid mistakes or tackles and surely can only improve this season.

neil7908
20-09-2020, 03:43 PM
GIRUY Slippy G, fatty Morelos and the rest of them.

Not a single dangerous tackle from a Hibs player today with a couple of nonsense bookings.

Sir David Gray
20-09-2020, 03:45 PM
Loved seeing him laughing at that prick Morelos near the end.

Gaun yersel' Porto. :greengrin

ColintonHibs
20-09-2020, 03:54 PM
I loved him laughing at Morelos when he got booked at the end.

Was amazing!!!

Heisenberg
20-09-2020, 04:25 PM
Porto isn’t bothered in the slightest.

Scott Allan Key
20-09-2020, 04:30 PM
Every camera angle caught Ryan pissing himself laughing. Love it. Characters like that you need at a club. Proper old school head on young shoulers. Rangers are raging.Interesting comments from Jack Ross last week about how there isn't enough leaders or those with a strong mentality at the club, (despite humping St Mirren). Possible difference between us achieving what Gordon wants from us or failing. You can bet that Porteous is one of the leaders Ross has in mind.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Aldo
20-09-2020, 04:38 PM

Brilliant.

Gerrard was a class player but he’s a classless manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
20-09-2020, 04:40 PM

Must be a big highlight for Gerrard meeting a player like Porteous

Bostonhibby
20-09-2020, 04:42 PM
Must be a big highlight for Gerrard meeting a player like PorteousHeight of his managerial career before heading south to league 1 or as an assistant somewhere having failed to win anything in Scotland.

Since452
20-09-2020, 04:42 PM
Gerrard the Liverpool legend that was whoring himself out to Manchester United and Chelsea 😂

Callum_62
20-09-2020, 05:04 PM
https://twitter.com/PLZSoccer/status/1307680748888109056?s=19

Salty tears

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
20-09-2020, 05:07 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1307720764985094145?s=20

:top marks

jacomo
20-09-2020, 05:29 PM

Love this image.

Monts
20-09-2020, 05:46 PM
https://twitter.com/PLZSoccer/status/1307680748888109056?s=19

Salty tears

Any word on WHY he called him a sore loser? It's not the sort of thing you get called without having done anything

Callum_62
20-09-2020, 06:02 PM
Any word on WHY he called him a sore loser? It's not the sort of thing you get called without having done anythingDon't be ridiculous

We just need to know Porteous is immature

BegbieHSC
20-09-2020, 07:11 PM
The lad literally has the huns and west coast establishment on strings. He just has to smile. You love to see it.

Aldo
20-09-2020, 07:13 PM
Any word on WHY he called him a sore loser? It's not the sort of thing you get called without having done anything

Something irrelevant and banter but Tavernier is obviously a ****ing grass and has went greeting to SG about some banter he didn’t like.

What is it about SG and the classless manager he has become. Anything less than what he wants and the dummy is spat out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
20-09-2020, 07:16 PM
“Bad losers!”

😂

Hibs Class
20-09-2020, 07:26 PM
Mind that time Gerrard could have won the title for Liverpool but fell on his arse instead? Yeah, me too :faf::faf:

Northernhibee
20-09-2020, 07:27 PM
This from one of the Sevco forums:

Porteous laughing in Gerrards face kind of sums up the lack of respect this country has for us. We are a joke. Everyone knows they can make life difficult for us, they can take points off us, they can wind us up, they can piss us off, they can do what they want to us or say what they like about us, and nothing happens. Everyone knows we will win nothing this season again. Everyone. Deep down, even all of us. That's on our under 18s youth coach masquerading as a first team manager. “

Absolutely poetic.

MrRobot
20-09-2020, 07:43 PM
stevie g is falling apart quicker than a castore football kit.

jax67
20-09-2020, 08:00 PM
Did Gerrard have anything to say about Tavernier and Goldson somehow going 90+ minutes without being booked? Tavernier in particualr got away with absolute murder including one cynical foul on Wright in the 1st half which was a booking every day of the week.

8 fouls of which 2 were professional by tavernier. Don Robertson should be taken to task,Goldson persistent, helander professional foul too. One of our players farts and they are in the book.

calumhibee1
20-09-2020, 08:00 PM
This from one of the Sevco forums:

Porteous laughing in Gerrards face kind of sums up the lack of respect this country has for us. We are a joke. Everyone knows they can make life difficult for us, they can take points off us, they can wind us up, they can piss us off, they can do what they want to us or say what they like about us, and nothing happens. Everyone knows we will win nothing this season again. Everyone. Deep down, even all of us. That's on our under 18s youth coach masquerading as a first team manager. “

Absolutely poetic.

“They can take points off us... and nothing happens”.

This guy genuinely thinks something should be done to punish teams taking points off them.

NC1875
20-09-2020, 08:02 PM
Gerrard would get Porteous respect as a player. But as a manager...

He’s probably spent over 40 million quid in Scotland in the last 2 years and won diddly squat. He deserves to be laughed at.

Guys a complete classless tit

Northernhibee
20-09-2020, 08:07 PM

This guy genuinely thinks something should be done to punish teams taking points off them.

A different poster wanted him to “die” and another wanted someone wanted him to have a broken jaw and legs.

jacomo
20-09-2020, 08:17 PM

Well, Budge seemed to think we should reconstruct the league because they had too many points taken off them last season.

It’s the attitude of former establishment favourites who now realise no one likes them and they are all upset about it.

gaz1875
20-09-2020, 08:25 PM
Played really well but does need to stop the stupid stuff, the booking could have cost us today and no need to do what he done, wind ups are great but don't get booked for doing it.

Squealing pig
20-09-2020, 08:26 PM
Laddie is a legend , well played son , terrific wind up

patlowe
20-09-2020, 08:29 PM
https://youtu.be/93hPVW83FzY

FilipinoHibs
20-09-2020, 09:28 PM

I though that to. Beats his man then back heels to a team mate.

Unseen work
20-09-2020, 10:03 PM

As much as I agree, I wish the Official Hibs Twitter wouldn't post stuff like this.

CMurdoch
20-09-2020, 10:13 PM

As much as I agree, I wish the Official Hibs Twitter wouldn't post stuff like this.

It's a bit juvenile but I suppose that's who it is aimed at.

1van Sprou7e
20-09-2020, 10:30 PM

Why? Nothing wrong with a bit of fun on social media, and it's good patter to be honest

Magpie
20-09-2020, 10:44 PM
Mourinho would describe him as an intelligent ****

Magpie
20-09-2020, 10:45 PM

If it winds up fans of other clubs then the more content the better.

matty_f
20-09-2020, 11:26 PM
Why? Nothing wrong with a bit of fun on social media, and it's good patter to be honest
I think it’s excellent, to be honest. Circling the wagons when Ryan is getting a bit of stick in the media, and really backing the lad.

It’s a bit of fun and shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

lord bunberry
20-09-2020, 11:40 PM
I think it’s excellent, to be honest. Circling the wagons when Ryan is getting a bit of stick in the media, and really backing the lad.

Exactly, I think we should be asking rangers Twitter for a square go.

matty_f
21-09-2020, 12:08 AM
Exactly, I think we should be asking rangers Twitter for a square go.

:faf:

Onion
21-09-2020, 04:36 AM
Great to have someone at the club who's ballsie and can dish it out when needed. For far far too long Hibernian have been a soft touch and that is the thing that's changed most in the last 5 or 6 years. We've had a string of characters - Cummings, Holt, McGinn, Gray, Daz ... who fear no one. Porteous is more of the same.

IMO, this is what rankles the Huns more than anything. They can't bully their way past Hibs on the park and we give them zero respect.

J-C
21-09-2020, 06:12 AM
Ryan was superb yesterday, winding them up whenever he could, still has to be more careful though, his shoulder charge on Morelos on the half way line could've seen him get a red.

theonlywayisup
21-09-2020, 06:23 AM
Brilliant display by Porteous. He's matured so much this season; let's hope he continues to develop into a Scotland regular.

I would not be surprised if some of the clubs in the Premier League have an eye of him.

hibbysam
21-09-2020, 06:37 AM
Ryan was superb yesterday, winding them up whenever he could, still has to be more careful though, his shoulder charge on Morelos on the half way line could've seen him get a red.

If he’d got a red card for that it would’ve been one of the worst decisions I’d seen. Worse than the Brebner one against Hearts. It was a block, shoulder on shoulder. Nowhere in the rules could that constitute a red card offence unless you claim it as brutality 😂

What people haven’t mentioned is the fact his bit of skill and back heel actually started the move that led to the first goal, outstanding stuff.

calumhibee1
21-09-2020, 08:41 AM

He played well yesterday but he needs to stop getting involved unnecessarily. Spent an hour of the game on a booking against one of the best strikers in the league for a totally pointless barge off the ball. He gained absolutely nothing from doing it and the only winner to come out of that situation was Morelos/Rangers as our centre half was then on a booking. I’d also agree that whilst I wouldn’t say it could have been a red it wouldn’t have massively surprised me to see it given considering it was off the ball.

Great performance from him other than that though.

Since452
21-09-2020, 08:47 AM
If I was Steven Gerrard I'd be saying to the Rangers board get that boy signed up. 21 year old laddie has the whole Rangers team on strings not to mention Gerrard himself. I'd be saying to myself that's a future captain there.

Hopefully he doesn't have that thought process.

Monts
21-09-2020, 08:54 AM

He played well yesterday but he needs to stop getting involved unnecessarily. Spent an hour of the game on a booking against one of the best strikers in the league for a totally pointless barge off the ball. He gained absolutely nothing from doing it and the only winner to come out of that situation was Morelos/Rangers as our centre half was then on a booking. I’d also agree that whilst I wouldn’t say it could have been a red it wouldn’t have massively surprised me to see it given considering it was off the ball.

If the officials had seen Morelos kick out during it, we would've been playing against 10 men for an hour. I can absolutely see why he was trying to rile him up.

EdinMike
21-09-2020, 08:54 AM
But the Jambos still don’t know who he is allegedly!

JimBHibees
21-09-2020, 08:56 AM

Funny as it was what it will make him is a target for refs as that is basically how it works in Scotland.

KingPat4
21-09-2020, 09:02 AM

Agreed. It's not Hibs Class.

mal
21-09-2020, 09:12 AM

At a time when Aberdeen are selling McKenna for around £5m it's useful to remind people how good and how young Ryan is.

HibsGW
21-09-2020, 09:13 AM

Anything that winds up Rangers is good with me to be honest

Northernhibee
21-09-2020, 09:14 AM
At a time when Aberdeen are selling McKenna for around £5m it's useful to remind people how good and how young Ryan is.

Yep, it's so easy to forget that he's still very young as he's such a developed talent for that age.

Heisenberg
21-09-2020, 09:21 AM

Backing up a young Hibs player in the face of a barrage of hun abuse is fine by me.

Phil MaGlass
21-09-2020, 09:24 AM
We have a very young player that can wind up all The Rangers, he has the quality and chance to kick on and become a very good top player, its great he has the wind up factor in his armoury, had he got sent off it could yave been a different outcome, luckily that didnt happen. Future Scotland captain in the making if he can focus and keep the heid. Im certain loads of clubs will be keeping tabs on him and wouldnt be surprised if an offer was to come in early for him

The Count
21-09-2020, 09:25 AM
For years i have being saying Hibs should stand up for themselves both on and off the pitch and i am glad we are doing it.

Peevemor
21-09-2020, 09:26 AM
We have a very young player that can wind up all The Rangers, he has the quality and chance to kick on and become a very good top player, its great he has the wind up factor in his armoury, had he got sent off it could yave been a different outcome, luckily that didnt happen. Future Scotland captain in the making if he can focus and keep the heid. Im certain loads of clubs will be keeping tabs on him and wouldnt be surprised if an offer was to come in early for him

That he has the face of an angel makes it all the better.

Vault Boy
21-09-2020, 09:28 AM
Backing up a young Hibs player in the face of a barrage of hun abuse is fine by me.

Exactly. Some of the stuff they say about him is sickening, damn right Hibs should bite back. I want Hibs to have a nasty streak and some arrogance, no matter where it's coming from.

It's all part of changing a club culture that previously accepted being put back in our box. We don't sell to rivals anymore, we don't lose Scottish Cup finals and we don't need to humbly understate the talent of our best players.

Bring on the arrogance and back one of our own all the way.

Barman Stanton
21-09-2020, 09:34 AM
We used to be such a soft touch. Not just on the field but off it as well. No songs played that wind up Hearts etc (while they do everything they can to wind us up.) Hibs class possibly but probably also too nice. Love that we seem to have a bit more of a backbone now. Social media team doing a great job.

Since452
21-09-2020, 09:35 AM

**** them. If their manager can come out crying publicly slating the boy I'm proud of the club publicly backing him. Not naming anyone is a classy way to do it.

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2020, 09:38 AM

The term Hibs class is a nonsense one anyway, the club backing one of our young players in the face of a social media rampage against him is fine by me.

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-09-2020, 09:40 AM
Cant believe Gerrard and Tavernier would be so petulant and classless by not shaking the hand of an opposing player for 'winding them up' a bit. Absolutely pathetic.

04Sauzee
21-09-2020, 09:46 AM
The term Hibs class is a nonsense one anyway, the club backing one of our young players in the face of a social media rampage against him is fine by me.

Agree100%

Since452
21-09-2020, 09:46 AM
Cant believe Gerrard and Tavernier would be so petulant and classless by not shaking the hand of an opposing player for 'winding them up' a bit. Absolutely pathetic.

Embarrassing from someone of Gerrards statue in the game.

Dalianwanda
21-09-2020, 09:47 AM

Its a bit of banter as you can't reply & its also showing backing to of ours....I liked it :flag:

B.H.F.C
21-09-2020, 09:48 AM

Can’t believe it? From them? Really?

HibsGW
21-09-2020, 09:53 AM
Exactly. Some of the stuff they say about him is sickening, damn right Hibs should bite back. I want Hibs to have a nasty streak and some arrogance, no matter where it's coming from.

It's all part of changing a club culture that previously accepted being put back in our box. We don't sell to rivals anymore, we don't lose Scottish Cup finals and we don't need to humbly understate the talent of our best players.

Bring on the arrogance and back one of our own all the way.

Totally agree. The whole Hibs class thing goes hand in hand with being a soft touch. Hibs class means whenever provoked or criticised we just sit silently because it makes us look “classy”. Rubbish IMO

Hibs1969
21-09-2020, 09:55 AM

You’ve done a great job identifying that from El Bawbag’s facial expression, to me he looks like a cross between a kid who’s been sent to his bed without any dinner and an old guy suffering from excruciating constipation. He’s got a face you’d never tire of slapping and I’m astonished the extent to which he allows Porteous to wind him up at every turn.

Tambo
21-09-2020, 10:34 AM
But the Jambos still don’t know who he is allegedly!

I have just had a look at that thread and to sum it up. Half of them ain't heard of him. One poster says he will never get called up to the national team which he already has and paul McGinn and Hanlon are stinkers at the back.

The_Sauz
21-09-2020, 10:48 AM
The shoulder to shoulder incident with Ryan happens all the time in games, the only reason it was highlighted was because Moreles went down holding his face! Not sure getting hit on the shoulder warrants him rolling around on the ground holding his face, unless he is trying to get a players sent off!
Hearts, Aberdeen & The Rangers are the worst teams in Scotland for trying to get players sent off with all the play acting, yet they are the same teams that love to give it out (Rough Stuff) :agree:

I have never liked Steven Gerrard as a player for Liverpool or England, not that he was a bad player, but the way he would run around a pitch moaning to the ref's about everything that went against his team! He was also a player who liked a tumble in the box for the slightest of touches (just like Gareth Bale would do when he was at spurs first time around), so to me SG and The Rangers are a match made in heaven for not being true pro's to the game!

As The Rangers fans would sing "Nobody like us, but we don't care"............oh yes you do! And you are the first to moan to the Glasgow media about it.

Antifa Hibs
21-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Can’t believe it? From them? Really?

From this Rangers 100% I can believe it. It shows how far they've fallen, how irrelevant they now are, how much they are hurting and I for one am absolutely loving it.

As much as Walter Smith and Barry Ferguson are wee hun pricks, you wouldn't have gotten them behaving like that I don't think.

It's why Rangers won't win the league this season. They're the best footballing side i've seen this season up here but they've not got the bottle - soft as *****. They're gaffer, once one of the greatest midfielder to grace this earth refusing to shake hands with a 20 year laddie. They're best striker and biggest asset along with their captain are whinging greeting faced wee noel hunts. When the going gets tough they surrender (ironically enough), don't have the mentality to give it back and get stuck in. If that was Celtic Brown would give is good as he or his teammate got just to square things up. Tav - spits the dummy and moans at the ref for 90 minutes.

What's great to see is if Gerrard went down south tomorrow he'd be a hero again. Opposing fans would want selfies and autographs, young players of the other team would want to shake his hand etc. Up here he's a nobody, every single person in the stands or in the opposing dugouts wants to get battered into him/them. Brilliant to see - Scottish fitba, proud of ye. :thumbsup:

mal
21-09-2020, 11:19 AM
From this Rangers 100% I can believe it. It shows how far they've fallen, how irrelevant they now are, how much they are hurting and I for one am absolutely loving it.

As much as Walter Smith and Barry Ferguson are wee hun pricks, you wouldn't have gotten them behaving like that I don't think.

It's why Rangers won't win the league this season. They're the best footballing side i've seen this season up here but they've not got the bottle - soft as *****. They're gaffer, once one of the greatest midfielder to grace this earth refusing to shake hands with a 20 year laddie. They're best striker and biggest asset along with their captain are whinging greeting faced wee noel hunts. When the going gets tough they surrender (ironically enough), don't have the mentality to give it back and get stuck in. If that was Celtic Brown would give is good as he or his teammate got just to square things up. Tav - spits the dummy and moans at the ref for 90 minutes.

What's great to see is if Gerrard went down south tomorrow he'd be a hero again. Opposing fans would want selfies and autographs, young players of the other team would want to shake his hand etc. Up here he's a nobody, every single person in the stands or in the opposing dugouts wants to get battered into him/them. Brilliant to see - Scottish fitba, proud of ye. :thumbsup:

I'm sure I remember them and the other arse cheeks at the same time being whingeing gets but I can't think of any examples so I may be wrong. If they weren't whingeing it was probably because every decision went for them.

Skol
21-09-2020, 11:29 AM
I thought it was hilarious to see Morelos after scoring trying to noise up the cardboard cut outs, or was it the ball boy !

NC1875
21-09-2020, 11:49 AM

Tom Hart RIP
21-09-2020, 11:51 AM
Steven Gerrard must have a short memory.
This was a much worse tackle than Ryan's last year.

https://www.givemesport.com/1019321-remembering-when-steven-gerrard-got-sent-off-in-the-merseyside-derby-in-1999

04Sauzee
21-09-2020, 12:30 PM
The Rangers News headline.

'Hibs Brute'

Not that we need reminding but what a horrible club.

KingPat4
21-09-2020, 12:37 PM

Hibs Class a nonsense, pal?

You stick to the Red *****.

LongJohnBanger
21-09-2020, 12:40 PM
...under my skin.

What exactly is it about the 21 year old from Dalkeith that has wound up;

The multi-millionaire, FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Sheild, Champions League, UEFA Cup and UEFA Super Cup winning Steven Gerrard,

The well-travelled, much-vaunted, so-called blue-Cafu

AND

The only Colombian in the world who, according to the Daily Record at least, is in more demand from more people than cocaine itself.

Because I want to bottle it, roll about in it and inject it right intae ma veins.

jacomo
21-09-2020, 12:40 PM
The Rangers News headline.

'Hibs Brute'

Not that we need reminding but what a horrible club.

Ha ha love it. They just make themselves look even more petty and bitter.

Kato
21-09-2020, 12:49 PM
"Rangers Class"

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Oscar T Grouch
21-09-2020, 12:50 PM
Was it Ryan's coming together with Morelas that they didn't let Michael Stewart comment on on Sportscene last night? Halliday said it could've been a red and before Stewart could speak Sutherland said not to and moved onto the Sheep vs Well, I was half asleep watching it so I may have got it wrong.

jacomo
21-09-2020, 12:56 PM
Was it Ryan's coming together with Morelas that they didn't let Michael Stewart comment on on Sportscene last night? Halliday said it could've been a red and before Stewart could speak Sutherland said not to and moved onto the Sheep vs Well, I was half asleep watching it so I may have got it wrong.

The fact that Porteous is not facing a 12 match ban and potential criminal proceedings is no doubt further proof of a Papist conspiracy against ra Peepl.

Barman Stanton
21-09-2020, 01:00 PM

I kind of agree with him. What does it even mean anyway? If sticking up for one of our own during an onslaught of bad press is not Hibs class then who needs it.

Iggy Pope
21-09-2020, 01:03 PM
I cannot think of a single bad challenge from Porteous in the entire 90mins.

hibbysam
21-09-2020, 01:05 PM

Yeah it was. It’s about time people started asking them what rule would be used to send him off. Purely stating ‘it’s off the ball’ isn’t a red card offence, likewise with Boyd regarding Hanlon.

mal
21-09-2020, 02:26 PM

I didn't listen to the game on the radio but I got the impression from what MS said on Sportscene that he may have discussed it to death already, not that that helps those of us who didn't listen to that earlier discussion...

Percy Vere
21-09-2020, 02:32 PM
Every camera angle caught Ryan pissing himself laughing. Love it. Characters like that you need at a club. Proper old school head on young shoulers. Rangers are raging.

Reminds me of Yogi in his attitude to the game.
Laughing and on the wind up, so good.
Totally committed and a joy to watch.

Percy Vere
21-09-2020, 02:34 PM
Yeah it was. It’s about time people started asking them what rule would be used to send him off. Purely stating ‘it’s off the ball’ isn’t a red card offence, likewise with Boyd regarding Hanlon.
Never a red card. Never mentioned that Hanlon is about a foot taller than Hagi. What’s he meant to do with his arms???

Peevemor
21-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Reminds me of Yogi in his attitude to the game.
Laughing and on the wind up, so good.
Totally committed and a joy to watch.

He's really impressive in his Hibs TV post match interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93hPVW83FzY

He speaks really, really well and is obviously anything but a big daft laddie.

McD
21-09-2020, 02:41 PM

You're kind of proving his point with your response

And as has been said, should Hibs not stand up for one of their own? They've done that in a way that's not directly aggressive or controversial, but has made it clear they are right behind Porteous

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2020, 02:54 PM

Great response and I’m not your pal!

jacomo
21-09-2020, 02:57 PM
He's really impressive in his Hibs TV post match interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93hPVW83FzY

He speaks really, really well and is obviously anything but a big daft laddie.

Thanks for posting. What a great pair of characters these two are.

Ryan is represented by Andy Murray’s agency as well... you couldn’t ask for a better role model as a Scottish professional really.

Spike Mandela
21-09-2020, 03:00 PM
Imagine a former Champion’s league winner, Liverpool captain, England captain and the current Rangers captain being wound up THAT much by a young gallus centre half. Are they really that fragile? Beggars belief.

hibbysam
21-09-2020, 03:07 PM
Never a red card. Never mentioned that Hanlon is about a foot taller than Hagi. What’s he meant to do with his arms???

Kept saying ‘watch him, he moves his elbow up, boom’ - aye, his elbow moves up as it bounces off Hagi’s shoulder and deflects up to his cheek, there was no swinging motion or the like.

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2020, 03:11 PM
Imagine a former Champion’s league winner, Liverpool captain, England captain and the current Rangers captain being wound up THAT much by a young gallus centre half. Are they really that fragile? Beggars belief.

I was already disappointed when Gerrard took the Rangers job, I’m even more disappointed that he has grown into the role of a classless, moaning, excuse making git.

Magpie
21-09-2020, 03:15 PM
If I was Steven Gerrard I'd be saying to the Rangers board get that boy signed up. 21 year old laddie has the whole Rangers team on strings not to mention Gerrard himself. I'd be saying to myself that's a future captain there.

Hopefully he doesn't have that thought process.

I watched the Spurs: All or Nothing documentary and something which I clicked on to was how Mourinho was calling the players soft and mentioned that when he managed against them none of the players ever said a bad word or were a dick to him in the tunnel etc.

Made me think that a lot of managers may like this type of arrogance and confidence. Porteous is one of the players I think fits into that category.

Eyrie
21-09-2020, 03:38 PM
Possibly Stewart was going to mention Morelos kicking out at Porteous, which would be an automatic red if spotted. Think he's highlighted previous offences by Morelos which is why the Sevco fans can't stand him.

...under my skin.

What exactly is it about the 21 year old from Dalkeith that has wound up;

The multi-millionaire, FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Sheild, Champions League, UEFA Cup and UEFA Super Cup winning Steven Gerrard,

The well-travelled, much-vaunted, so-called blue-Cafu

AND

The only Colombian in the world who, according to the Daily Record at least, is in more demand from more people than cocaine itself.

Because I want to bottle it, roll about in it and inject it right intae ma veins.
I know Gerrard is best known as a Liverpool player, but you left out that he helped Chelsea win the English title.

Franck Stanton
21-09-2020, 03:40 PM
Imagine what they would be like if we had won the game. Better still, if Ryan had scored the winner. They would internally combust.

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2020, 03:45 PM
Possibly Stewart was going to mention Morelos kicking out at Porteous, which would be an automatic red if spotted. Think he's highlighted previous offences by Morelos which is why the Sevco fans can't stand him.

I know Gerrard is best known as a Liverpool player, but you left out that he helped Chelsea win the English title.

Are you sure he helped Chelsea?
If you are referring to the slip, City won the league not Chelsea.

Eyrie
21-09-2020, 03:48 PM
Are you sure he helped Chelsea?
If you are referring to the slip, City won the league not Chelsea.

Apologies for bringing back bad memories for you, and that was the intended reference.

banchoryhibs
21-09-2020, 04:00 PM
His attitude reminds me a lot of a young Scott Brown:aok:

marinello59
21-09-2020, 04:03 PM

That’s what I was thinking as well.

Benny Brazil
21-09-2020, 05:14 PM
“Bad losers!”

😂

Bad Losers Matter......

therealgavmac
21-09-2020, 05:47 PM
Love this, stolen from Twitter...

weecounty hibby
21-09-2020, 05:57 PM
Taverner isn't a bad loser, he's actually very good at it. Imaging being a Hun for that long and having won diddly squat. There can't be many who have played as many games as he has and been captain and won zero, zip, nada. He will go into the Hun record books as being part of the least successful most losingist Hun team ever.

The Tubs
21-09-2020, 06:01 PM
Taverner isn't a bad loser, he's actually very good at it. Imaging being a Hun for that long and having won diddly squat. There can't be many who have played as many games as he has and been captain and won zero, zip, nada. He will go into the Hun record books as being part of the least successful most losingist Hun team ever.

Was he not part of their one and only cup-winning team?

weecounty hibby
21-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Was he not part of their one and only cup-winning team?

Oh aye, I forgot about the petrified cup. He may actually have a winners medal after all!!

Since452
21-09-2020, 06:07 PM

Must be the least successful Rangers (old and new) captain ever.

LongJohnBanger
22-09-2020, 07:46 AM
i know gerrard is best known as a liverpool player, but you left out that he helped chelsea win the english title.

dammit!

04Sauzee
22-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Hibs tweeting some nice stuff about Ryan again

💚 Academy graduate Ryan Porteous continues to impress in the heart of defence.

📈 The Scotland Under-21 centre-back has only committed seven fouls in eight games - having been fouled 13 times.

🤝 In association with https://t.co/qfe4id2wmD. https://t.co/B6BiJEE3NC

✅ 13th most-fouled player in the league. The only defender in the top 15.

✅ 12 interceptions - fifth-best in the league.

✅ Second in the league for total ball recoveries.

✅ Ninth for total defensive challenges.

📈 At 21, he's only going to get better. He'll do for us. https://t.co/oYUiRUSukW

Northernhibee
23-09-2020, 08:35 AM

📈 The Scotland Under-21 centre-back has only committed seven fouls in eight games - having been fouled 13 times.

📈 At 21, he's only going to get better. He'll do for us. https://t.co/oYUiRUSukW

Andy Murray responded to it on Facebook with the fire emoji. Good to see Porto is getting support from a top level sportsman.

jacomo
23-09-2020, 10:45 AM
Andy Murray responded to it on Facebook with the fire emoji. Good to see Porto is getting support from a top level sportsman.

Porto is represented by Andy’s agency.

WhileTheChief..
23-09-2020, 10:51 AM
This is exactly what I want to see from Hibs social media.

No need for lengthy waffling statements, just post a few facts and let everyone else join in ripping the piss.

We should do it more often.

Mick O'Rourke
23-09-2020, 11:09 AM
Also John Blackley
He loved the wind up too.
#shownofear

That is 2 RP's the zombies now hate.
Rod might have said
" I love the exuberance Ryan shows"!

Or as Billy Brown might have said "
"This laddie is going places and do things"

Keep it up,Ryan
"getintaerum"

brog
23-09-2020, 11:14 AM

That is excellent from Hibs Media, no putting down of another club, just praising our own player, & with facts!!!

Scott Allan Key
23-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Imagine a former Champion’s league winner, Liverpool captain, England captain and the current Rangers captain being wound up THAT much by a young gallus centre half. Are they really that fragile? Beggars belief.We're the mental Hibees, baby, we've got class, Hibees ya bass

Scott Allan Key
23-09-2020, 11:19 AM

[emoji172] Academy graduate Ryan Porteous continues to impress in the heart of defence.

[emoji409] The Scotland Under-21 centre-back has only committed seven fouls in eight games - having been fouled 13 times.

[emoji1666] In association with https://t.co/qfe4id2wmD. https://t.co/B6BiJEE3NC

[emoji736] 13th most-fouled player in the league. The only defender in the top 15.

[emoji736] 12 interceptions - fifth-best in the league.

[emoji736] Second in the league for total ball recoveries.

[emoji736] Ninth for total defensive challenges.

[emoji409] At 21, he's only going to get better. He'll do for us. https://t.co/oYUiRUSukWAwesome stats. Not to be sniffed at.

hibsbollah
23-09-2020, 11:23 AM
Must be the least successful Rangers (old and new) captain ever.

‘Its Stokes...stay tight...stop standing off him...stop standing off him...show him outside...show him...AW NAW wits Tavernier daein Tam this is a cup final’

CmoantheHibs
23-09-2020, 12:25 PM
John Collins summed it up well on Hibs tv. Basically said it was a coming together, nothing in it and Morelos did what Morelos does and fell down and rolled about.
I can’t believe the stink they’re trying to make over nothing. The Hun pressure cooker is ready to explode.

Northernhibee
23-09-2020, 01:04 PM
John Collins summed it up well on Hibs tv. Basically said it was a coming together, nothing in it and Morelos did what Morelos does and fell down and rolled about.
I can’t believe the stink they’re trying to make over nothing. The Hun pressure cooker is ready to explode.

The problem they've got is that if Celtic do win ten in a row with Sevco not winning a single major trophy in that time period, the fans will turn on those at the top of the club big time. You have to sense that the distraction of blaming Porteous/referees/whatever keeping the heat off of them is only good for them.

KingPat4
23-09-2020, 01:26 PM
I have a feeling that Scott Brown will give Ryan a sore one early on Sunday and get away with a booking. Hopefully Porto can get in his face first and boss him.

A Hi-Bee
23-09-2020, 01:32 PM
I have a feeling that Scott Brown will give Ryan a sore one early on Sunday and get away with a booking. Hopefully Porto can get in his face first and boss him.

He will have to avoid A. Gogic first.

Stuart93
23-09-2020, 01:50 PM
He will have to avoid A. Gogic first.

Correct

I’m enjoying that we don’t seem to be pushovers this season.

Iggy Pope
23-09-2020, 02:17 PM
‘Its Stokes...stay tight...stop standing off him...stop standing off him...show him outside...show him...AW NAW wits Tavernier daein Tam this is a cup final’

:greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
23-09-2020, 02:31 PM
Get excited guys

WE HAVE A STATEMENT!!!

Link (https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement/7mtA6fDgbydfqBb7qyU30N)

"RANGERS are bemused that a notice of complaint has been raised against Steven Gerrard, for comments relating to the challenge which caused injury to Alfredo Morelos.

This is a bizarre charge which we will robustly contest at the scheduled hearing.

As is often the case, Steven Gerrard was asked for his view on a flashpoint in the match, with leading questions relating to the challenge that caused the injury and whether it should have been deemed a red card. On several occasions, he refused to do so.

Given the wide range of incidents in Scottish football so far this season, we are perplexed that this issue has been raised and cited for complaint.

Whilst our national sport faces an unprecedented crisis, it is baffling that resources are used to charge Rangers’ Manager based on a flawed and inaccurate interpretation of Steven Gerrard’s remarks.

Rangers will fully support its Manager against this charge during the scheduled hearing."

END

RANGERS are bemused... hee hee

Well done Ryan, you caused crayon to paper!

hibee_girl
23-09-2020, 02:32 PM
Get excited guys

WE HAVE A STATEMENT!!!

Link (https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement/7mtA6fDgbydfqBb7qyU30N)

"RANGERS are bemused that a notice of complaint has been raised against Steven Gerrard, for comments relating to the challenge which caused injury to Alfredo Morelos.

This is a bizarre charge which we will robustly contest at the scheduled hearing.

As is often the case, Steven Gerrard was asked for his view on a flashpoint in the match, with leading questions relating to the challenge that caused the injury and whether it should have been deemed a red card. On several occasions, he refused to do so.

Given the wide range of incidents in Scottish football so far this season, we are perplexed that this issue has been raised and cited for complaint.

Whilst our national sport faces an unprecedented crisis, it is baffling that resources are used to charge Rangers’ Manager based on a flawed and inaccurate interpretation of Steven Gerrard’s remarks.

Rangers will fully support its Manager against this charge during the scheduled hearing."

END

RANGERS are bemused... hee hee

Well done Ryan, you caused crayon to paper!

It’s about Edwards at Dundee Utd, not Porteous

SouthMoroccoStu
23-09-2020, 02:39 PM
It’s about Edwards at Dundee Utd, not Porteous

Was it?

Darn. They've taken their time to get this out

Iggy Pope
23-09-2020, 02:43 PM
Was it?

Makes no odds, same garbage from the man.

KingPat4
23-09-2020, 02:49 PM
Still pleasing.

euro Hibby
23-09-2020, 02:57 PM
Looks like the guy who wrote it picked up a Thesaurus and picked out some words to put it together. If that is a real statement then just wow !!

Monts
23-09-2020, 02:59 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54268691

danhibees1875
23-09-2020, 02:59 PM
Was it?

I think they only just got punished for the comments today.

Kato
23-09-2020, 03:00 PM
Rangers. Always bemused, robust, perplexed, baffled, cheated - never defeated.

CentreLine
23-09-2020, 06:26 PM
Rangers. Always bemused, robust, perplexed, baffled, cheated - never defeated.

Not had flummoxed yet 😏

w pilton hibby
23-09-2020, 06:39 PM
Not had flummoxed yet 😏

and that's a triple word score ☺️☺️☺️

CMurdoch
23-09-2020, 07:11 PM
Was it?

Petty and uninformed. Get wi the programme Stu :wink: