PDA

View Full Version : Transfer thread - hibs chat only

Pages : [1] 2

keep the faith
18-09-2020, 10:20 PM
Thread for hibs transfer chat only. Please click on this thread knowing you will only read hibs transfer chat, rumours and news. This one may be smaller but it will be relevant. All EPL and other team transfer news can be found on on the other thread.

keep the faith
18-09-2020, 10:23 PM
I would not be surprised if there is no movement from us now until the end of the window to see who may become available. I think we can wait TBH

MWHIBBIES
18-09-2020, 10:34 PM
Will be a right boring thread this.

Cat Stanton
18-09-2020, 11:01 PM
Thread for hibs transfer chat only. Please click on this thread knowing you will only read hibs transfer chat, rumours and news. This one may be smaller but it will be relevant. All EPL and other team transfer news can be found on on the other thread.

I hear Liverpool and Spurs are in for... No, only joking - thanks for doing this, although it does feel a bit like defeat...

mim
18-09-2020, 11:01 PM

Probably.
At least it shouldn't be nauseating.

Heedersnvolleys
18-09-2020, 11:14 PM
I don’t think it will even be on the first page in 3 days 😂

Percy Vere
18-09-2020, 11:24 PM
I would not be surprised if there is no movement from us now until the end of the window to see who may become available. I think we can wait TBH

Well done doing this
I always thought the transfer thread was about Hibs but sometimes you feel like your on a different forum.
So... any Hibs transfer rumours anyone?

Magpie
18-09-2020, 11:39 PM

😂

RitchieHibs
18-09-2020, 11:58 PM
😂

Less boring than the irrelevant jambos though eh?

They are the pits.

bod
19-09-2020, 02:33 AM
When does the transfer window close ?

keep the faith
19-09-2020, 06:31 AM

Midnight on 5 October.

Jones28
19-09-2020, 06:32 AM

It doesn’t close.

It slams shut.

theonlywayisup
19-09-2020, 06:45 AM

Well done KTF. Don't know why posters will think this thread will become boring; quite the opposite as it will only be about Hibs.

I have to admit, I'm out of touch with the latest w.r.t. Hibs transfer talk.

Can anyone summarise what's the latest coming out of Easter Road? Think I read something about more will have to leave before others come in.

Also, anyone got ideas of which areas we are looking to strengthen? I think it should be central midfield, but I've read comments on here about needing a central defender and a striker.

PatHead
19-09-2020, 06:48 AM
What are all the ins and outs so far?

Hibby Kay-Yay
19-09-2020, 06:51 AM
What are all the ins and outs so far?

In: Jamie Murphy, forward (Rangers, loan then free); Drey Wright, midfielder (St Johnstone); Alex Gogic, defender (Hamilton Academical); Kevin Nisbet, forward (Dunfermline Athletic, undisclosed); Stephen McGinn, midfielder (unattached).

Loan in: Dillon Barnes, goalkeeper (Queens Park Rangers).

Out: Darryl Horgan, midfielder (Wycombe, undisclosed); Florian Kamberi, forward (St Gallen, undisclosed); Adam Bogdan, goalkeeper (Ferencvaros); Steven Whittaker, defender (Dunfermline Athletic); Adam Jackson, defender (Lincoln City, undisclosed); Kosovar Sadiki, defender (Finn Harps); Vykintas Slivka, midfielder (Apollon Smyrnis); Jack Hodge, midfielder; Matthew Yates, forward.

allmodcons
19-09-2020, 07:04 AM

At least it will be on point.

oneone73
19-09-2020, 07:05 AM
Returned loans: McNulty, Omeonga, Naismith, Docherty.

bod
19-09-2020, 07:10 AM
It doesn’t close.

It slams shut.

You’ve been watching Jim white with his yellow tie too much 😂

Since452
19-09-2020, 07:41 AM
Already my favourite thread

MWHIBBIES
19-09-2020, 07:42 AM
Probably.
At least it shouldn't be nauseating.

Depends who we sign

AlbertK86
19-09-2020, 07:46 AM
In: Jamie Murphy, forward (Rangers, loan then free); Drey Wright, midfielder (St Johnstone); Alex Gogic, defender (Hamilton Academical); Kevin Nisbet, forward (Dunfermline Athletic, undisclosed); Stephen McGinn, midfielder (unattached).

Out: Darryl Horgan, midfielder (Wycombe, undisclosed); Florian Kamberi, forward (St Gallen, undisclosed); Adam Bogdan, goalkeeper (Ferencvaros); Steven Whittaker, defender (Dunfermline Athletic); Adam Jackson, defender (Lincoln City, undisclosed); Kosovar Sadiki, defender (Finn Harps); Vykintas Slivka, midfielder (Apollon Smyrnis); Jack Hodge, midfielder; Matthew Yates, forward.

Innes Murray to Alloa on loan
Josh Campbell to Edin city on loan
Tommy Block to Woking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Count
19-09-2020, 07:56 AM
Going by previous years were we had a number of loans i suspect thats the way we will go for any other signings.Personally i like players signed full stop but that is the way many clubs operate now.

Big_Franck
19-09-2020, 08:06 AM
Thanks for setting this up OP. The other one has been ruined by constant posts about who english teams are signing. If I wanted to read that I'd visit their forums!

I think we'll still be looking for a replacement for Jackson, another physical, combative centre mid type and maybe another attacking mid or wide player if Allan is out a while and seeing as we lost Horgan.

Ross Stewart from Ross County would be a great signing but their owner seems to be holding out for a big fee for him.

I still think we'll see Jason Naismith come back on loan when english sides finalise their squads and I wouldn't mind us trying to get wee Kyle Magennis from St Mirren.

We were linked with a Spanish centre mid from Oxford I think but that seems to have gone cold.

PatHead
19-09-2020, 08:09 AM

Thanks for the update. Others as well.

Much more movement than I realised.

Greenbeard
19-09-2020, 08:09 AM

What is boring is the names of our signings. C'mon Hibs, it's about time we signed someone with an exotic name.
Sorry Alex but someone whose name sounds like the symptom of a persistently sweaty body part doesn't count as exotic.
Of course we could add our own suffix to exoticise new signings - Murphinho, Wrighto, Nisbetti, McGinnio, Barnza.

Billy Whizz
19-09-2020, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the update. Others as well.

Much more movement than I realised.

Hodge and Yates (think he was only a 2 month signing pre covid) are kids, so I don’t think we can add them to the list as 1st team outs, and Sadiki was never a 1st team squad player

Big_Franck
19-09-2020, 08:14 AM
Looks like we've signed a young boy from Hamilton for our youth team. Billy Whizz you want to give us the run down on him? :greengrin

James Stephen
19-09-2020, 08:26 AM
Its pretty shameful that Hibs transfer chat has had to move from the main transfer thread on the biggest hibs fans message board because some folk wont stop talking about English fitba.

There are literally thousands of places to listen, read and talk about English fitba. There are very few to do the same about Hibs.

Is it too much to ask that the main board is kept to discussing Hibs and Hibs related subjects?

That this question even needs to be asked is a bit of an embarrassment to be honest.

Billy Whizz
19-09-2020, 08:29 AM
Looks like we've signed a young boy from Hamilton for our youth team. Billy Whizz you want to give us the run down on him? :greengrin

News to me, who is it
You do realise I don’t get to see them at the moment😄

RoxburghHibs
19-09-2020, 08:32 AM

Is it possible to pin this at the top of this thread? Also Josh Campbell has signed for Edinburgh City on a season long loan.

Is It On....
19-09-2020, 08:32 AM

And it also makes it easier for Aberdeen to see who we are interested in 😂

The Spaceman
19-09-2020, 08:33 AM
Its pretty shameful that Hibs transfer chat has had to move from the main transfer thread on the biggest hibs fans message board because some folk wont stop talking about English fitba.

There are literally thousands of places to listen, read and talk about English fitba. There are very few to do the same about Hibs.

Is it too much to ask that the main board is kept to discussing Hibs and Hibs related subjects?

That this question even needs to be asked is a bit of an embarrassment to be honest.

Football.

superfurryhibby
19-09-2020, 08:38 AM
A good feature on Stephen McGinn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54180823

I would expect more in the door. An 8nteresting loanee or two seems likely methinks.

And the English transfer patter is gash. I don’t give a friar tuck about what happens down south. Even stopped watching Match of the Day, lol.

Beefster
19-09-2020, 08:42 AM

Shameful?! Behave. That’s a spectacular bit of drama-queenery.

Yes, it is too much to ask that we only discuss Hibs and ignore all other football IMHO.

I thought that puns taking over threads were the worst thing on here but non-admin folk trying to police what can and can’t be discussed and where it’s allowed actually rips my knitting more than puns. Not that I’d like to stop anyone doing either - I’ll just view the relevant posters with contempt instead.

Hibby Kay-Yay
19-09-2020, 08:45 AM

Is it too much to ask that people just look at the thread title and decide to take part in it or not. It’s a generic Summer transfer thread and people are talking about...well, transfers! We’re all football fans so people will find it interesting. This thread is specific about Hibs, end of.

WhileTheChief..
19-09-2020, 08:48 AM
I’ll just view the relevant posters with contempt instead.

Drama queen :wink:

Clarence
19-09-2020, 08:59 AM
Did the McGeady chat just dry up? I think it would be a bit of a gamble as he seems like a bit of a pain in the backside but still has something to offer I think. I think we’d see one of the existing midfield move in before he joined though.

Ronniekirk
19-09-2020, 09:07 AM
News to me, who is it
You do realise I don’t get to see them at the moment[emoji1]

Thought you would of been granted special dispensation

keep the faith
19-09-2020, 09:09 AM
Did the McGeady chat just dry up? I think it would be a bit of a gamble as he seems like a bit of a pain in the backside but still has something to offer I think. I think we’d see one of the existing midfield move in before he joined though.

I was turned off big time when Mcgeady spoke the other week. He said there was previous interest from hibs but then started about wishing to go back to Celtic.
Would rather get someone in who really fancies it.

Callum_62
19-09-2020, 09:09 AM

That this question even needs to be asked is a bit of an embarrassment to be honest.Shameful?

Ohhh maaa gaaaaawd

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
19-09-2020, 09:10 AM
Thought you would of been granted special dispensation

Thanks Ronnie, but no one does, also no games at this level as far as I can see

Wigson13
19-09-2020, 09:46 AM
Did I not see that Tom James was away on loan somewhere too?

Scouse Hibee
19-09-2020, 09:48 AM

Yes gone to Wigan on loan

davy67 +
19-09-2020, 09:52 AM

Wigan

147lothian
19-09-2020, 11:12 AM
personally I don't think there is going to be any more transfer activity untill nearer the end of the window when we go for loan moves from the English marker, I'm comfortable with this, if we can get a better player than we would be able to afford who improves the team then it will be the best course of action long term imo

hibee-boys
19-09-2020, 11:43 AM
So....in the unlikely event of me hearing some juicy Hibs related transfer gossip do I post it on here....and the generic transfer thread?🤷

Since452
19-09-2020, 11:45 AM
personally I don't think there is going to be any more transfer activity untill nearer the end of the window when we go for loan moves from the English marker, I'm comfortable with this, if we can get a better player than we would be able to afford who improves the team then it will be the best course of action long term imo

I agree. I think we'll probably bring a couple of loans in to bolster the squad

superfurryhibby
19-09-2020, 11:49 AM

I suspect this will be the case, unless we move some players on before then. I’m happy enough with a couple of decent loanees coming in. I’m not talking about untested youngsters though, we have them at Hibs already. Given the wider circumstances the club need to operate shrewdly. I’m pretty confident that we will.

Scouse Hibee
19-09-2020, 11:49 AM
So....in the unlikely event of me hearing some juicy Hibs related transfer gossip do I post it on here....and the generic transfer thread?🤷

On here, please keep Hibs talk off the other thread, I’m fed up hearing about the poverty ridden Scottish club transfers and their tales of woes 😉

CMurdoch
19-09-2020, 12:15 PM
On here, please keep Hibs talk off the other thread, I’m fed up hearing about the poverty ridden Scottish club transfers and their tales of woes 😉

:greengrin :rolleyes:

ChilliEater
19-09-2020, 12:20 PM
Ron Gordon's recent interviews suggest there are still plans to bring people in. I was in agreement with posters who said midfield was most important, but then the A team v B team thread got me thinking that we could use another striker and another centre half. Just not sure I can see us making 3 major signings. Maybe prioritise one then get in a couple of back up (cheaper) options - possibly youngsters on loan.

JammyDoidger
19-09-2020, 12:26 PM
I think Jason Naismith will come in, as he can play rb and cb as 3. Think we will get a quality centre midfielder I'm unsure who. And I've a feeling we might see Mcnulty again.

Ray_
19-09-2020, 12:27 PM

Likely to have missed it because of all the guff on the other thread :greengrin

keep the faith
19-09-2020, 12:35 PM
I think Jason Naismith will come in, as he can play rb and cb as 3. Think we will get a quality centre midfielder I'm unsure who. And I've a feeling we might see Mcnulty again.

Was thinking about the mcnulty thing the other day but honestly I think getting gullan game time as our third striker is a better option. I like mcnulty but to be honest I was quite disappointed with his fitness last year.

Orchard_Hibs
19-09-2020, 01:09 PM
Is it too much to ask that people just look at the thread title and decide to take part in it or not. It’s a generic Summer transfer thread and people are talking about...well, transfers! We’re all football fans so people will find it interesting. This thread is specific about Hibs, end of.

Not to go off topic but when you say football fans, it’s strange, I love hibs and love everything about us but as for football in general I don’t really care, the stuff on the tv might as well be a different game to what hibs play. On the total reverse of this I love cricket, but don’t really support a county or test team, I do have a slight leaning for the black caps but that’s it.

04Sauzee
19-09-2020, 01:23 PM
Fraser Murray starts for Dunfermline in their friendly today. Listed a trialist

bigwheel
19-09-2020, 01:24 PM
Fraser Murray starts for Dunfermline in their friendly today

I had missed the news of him going on loan ...good move for him, hope he gets some decent game time ....

Heisenberg
19-09-2020, 01:29 PM
I had missed the news of him going on loan ...good move for him, hope he gets some decent game time ....

Don’t think it’s been announced yet.

04Sauzee
19-09-2020, 01:33 PM
29: #Stenhousemuir v #DAFC | 1-1
Trialist No 12 scores a beauty into top right of the Stenny goal from approx 35 yds out

Fraser Murray scores

1875Sean
19-09-2020, 01:46 PM

Not sure Naismith has played cb

04Sauzee
19-09-2020, 01:53 PM

Looks like he's had a few games there but the vaat majority of games are as a RB

wandering_hibee
19-09-2020, 01:54 PM
Please not McNulty. We have a good partnership forming with Doidge and Nisbet. We have Murphy and Boyle who can score, Gullane knocking on the door and Shanley appearing. Plenty of hungry players who will score.

SteveHFC
19-09-2020, 02:00 PM

Please no. Would rather give Shanley a chance.

JohnMcM
19-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Please no. Would rather give Shanley a chance.

I have my fingers crossed that Shanley will get chances. (There must be a reason why we've let some of the youngsters go on loan etc and kept him here.) To keep this firmly on the topic of transfers- I am not fully convinced McNulty coming back is who we need up front, given his most recent performances for us which left me a bit disappointed knowing how much better he was before then.

brog
19-09-2020, 02:12 PM
Shameful?! Behave. That’s a spectacular bit of drama-queenery.

Yes, it is too much to ask that we only discuss Hibs and ignore all other football IMHO.

I thought that puns taking over threads were the worst thing on here but non-admin folk trying to police what can and can’t be discussed and where it’s allowed actually rips my knitting more than puns. Not that I’d like to stop anyone doing either - I’ll just view the relevant posters with contempt instead.

I'm not sure anyone was asking that we ignore all other football. However 6 pages of discussion on Spurs' centre backs was neither Hibs or transfer activity related & was extremely frustrating to wade through while trying to catch up with news of Hibs.

Andy74
19-09-2020, 02:31 PM
I was turned off big time when Mcgeady spoke the other week. He said there was previous interest from hibs but then started about wishing to go back to Celtic.
Would rather get someone in who really fancies it.

McGeady was not being serious about a Celtic return.

Since452
19-09-2020, 02:44 PM
If McGeady signed this place would be on lockdown with him being over 30

HendoDelivered
19-09-2020, 03:29 PM
Fraser Murray played for Pars today. Scored a 35 yarder.

JimBHibees
19-09-2020, 03:31 PM

Wonder if Tottenham fans will think the same about Bale. :greengrin

brog
19-09-2020, 03:37 PM
Fraser Murray played for Pars today. Scored a 35 yarder.

Excellent. If/When it's confirmed I think he'll be a stand out for them. A couple against our Tiny friends would be nice as well.

Gaffer1875
19-09-2020, 03:54 PM

McNulty offers zero. Hopefully we avoid.

Borderhibbie76
19-09-2020, 04:04 PM

Agreed please NO he was awful last season and offered very little

04Sauzee
19-09-2020, 04:08 PM
Fraser Murray's goal for Dunfermline

https://twitter.com/Jack187571/status/1307316421274341381?s=19

Billy Whizz
19-09-2020, 04:10 PM

Good strike from a 2 footed player, and on his weaker side

bigwheel
19-09-2020, 04:19 PM
I think Fraser has bags of ability. I’d love to see him play 30 games for Dunfermline..would do his confidence the world of good ...

3pm
19-09-2020, 04:32 PM
When did Murray join them?

04Sauzee
19-09-2020, 04:33 PM
When did Murray join them?

Nothing announced, assuming it's only a loan and not going to be permanent.

FilipinoHibs
19-09-2020, 04:39 PM

Gray & McGreggor

Since452
19-09-2020, 04:39 PM
Please not McNulty. We have a good partnership forming with Doidge and Nisbet. We have Murphy and Boyle who can score, Gullane knocking on the door and Shanley appearing. Plenty of hungry players who will score.

I'd be astonished if Ross saw something in McNulty last season to warrant bringing him back

Silky
19-09-2020, 05:01 PM

Sauzee was over 30. Age is but a number.

Billy Whizz
19-09-2020, 05:09 PM
I noticed there was a Callum Yates playing for Stenhousemuir, at left back
I must have missed this loan, as he’s named and not as a trialist today

Vault Boy
19-09-2020, 05:19 PM

Great strike on his weaker side. Hope he excels at the Pars.

superfurryhibby
19-09-2020, 05:53 PM
I'd be astonished if Ross saw something in McNulty last season to warrant bringing him back

I would agree. He would command a high wage and that’s probably not what we would prefer from a third choice striker. Also, he was pretty gash overall, despite the hat trick.

CMurdoch
19-09-2020, 05:58 PM

McGeady will be 35 in 6 months, so well, well past 30.
Has this seasons wages to hoover up at Sunderland.
Then he will be almost done.

CMurdoch
19-09-2020, 06:07 PM

No chance Ross will spend a big chunk of this seasons playing budget on getting McNulty in on loan.

147lothian
19-09-2020, 06:31 PM
If we can get a midfielder or possibly even two on loan at the end of the transfer window I'll be delighted, but the wages for two at a good level to improve the team will probably depend on moving people on possibly also on loan

Magpie
19-09-2020, 07:34 PM
Hibs linked with anyone?

Billy Whizz
19-09-2020, 07:44 PM
Hibs linked with anyone?

What’s the origins of your username

Magpie
19-09-2020, 07:51 PM

I previously worked as a volunteer in The Magpie’s Nest charity shop in Glasgow. Magpie was the first thing which came to my head when choosing a username 😅

Ronniekirk
19-09-2020, 09:31 PM

McNulty was disappointing in his second stint his Ha trick in cup game apart Wouldn’t think Ross would want him

Ronniekirk
19-09-2020, 09:33 PM
29: #Stenhousemuir v #DAFC | 1-1
Trialist No 12 scores a beauty into top right of the Stenny goal from approx 35 yds out

Fraser Murray scores

There is a player in there no question But he needs to be playing week in week out so we can see if he can find consistent form

Iggy Pope
19-09-2020, 09:43 PM

You run around at 1000mph then Billy do you? :wink:

JimBHibees
19-09-2020, 10:31 PM

Disagree McNulty is a quality forward struggled last season but barely played more than single figure games, would be happy if he rejoined.

jacomo
19-09-2020, 10:49 PM

I didn’t know Jack Hodge had gone. I read a rave report on him when he can from Saints and I hoped he would make the breakthrough.

Scouse Hibee
19-09-2020, 11:40 PM
No chance Ross will spend a big chunk of this seasons playing budget on getting McNulty in on loan.

Thank god.

Centre Hawf
19-09-2020, 11:47 PM
Disagree McNulty is a quality forward struggled last season but barely played more than single figure games, would be happy if he rejoined.

Have to disagree, McNulty is a bang average striker for the Premiership. The type of lad where if we didn't go for him he'll end up back at a Livingston or a St Johnstone, and not make any headlines when there (a Tony Watt if you will) when his time at Reading is up.

He was fine at the start of his first loan, but went missing once the split came and he had tougher defences to play against. This time round he looked overweight, a bit disinterested, and his antics in the derby were something I don't like to see from a Hibs player at all and left me with a negative impression of him.

I'd stay away from doing a deal to bring him back, mostly because I also think he'd cost us far too much for what he brings.

Percy Vere
19-09-2020, 11:49 PM
Gray & McGreggor

I’m assuming you are saying we have Gray and Macgregor.
We’ve hardly seen them in past year, partly due to injury, fitness and players in front of them. I’d like to think they offer strong cover but I’m not so sure either of them do.
We may see one or both moving on, despite their other roles.
I hope I’m wrong as I really like both of them, but in the current climate sentiment doesn’t give us a strong squad.

147lothian
20-09-2020, 08:02 AM
Sauzee was over 30. Age is but a number.

Kris Commons was also over 30 and he did a really good job for us in his short spell, the list is probably endless but I wouldn't complain about an over 30 midfielder that improved the team

keep the faith
20-09-2020, 09:18 PM
Performances like today mean we dont need to panic sign. Plenty quality on the bench and Scotty Allan to return.
A good position to be in. Hopefully also means we can take advantage of any gems which may become available as we near the deadline.
Interesting times!

bingo70
20-09-2020, 09:33 PM
Performances like today mean we dont need to panic sign. Plenty quality on the bench and Scotty Allan to return.
A good position to be in. Hopefully also means we can take advantage of any gems which may become available as we near the deadline.
Interesting times!

That’s assuming we don’t lose anybody.

Other teams are bound to be noticing the likes of Porteous, Marciano and Doidge.

Jim44
20-09-2020, 09:46 PM
Have to disagree, McNulty is a bang average striker for the Premiership. The type of lad where if we didn't go for him he'll end up back at a Livingston or a St Johnstone, and not make any headlines when there (a Tony Watt if you will) when his time at Reading is up.

He was fine at the start of his first loan, but went missing once the split came and he had tougher defences to play against. This time round he looked overweight, a bit disinterested, and his antics in the derby were something I don't like to see from a Hibs player at all and left me with a negative impression of him.

I'd stay away from doing a deal to bring him back, mostly because I also think he'd cost us far too much for what he brings.

:agree: I think he ‘stamped’ his way out of JR’s plans with a shocker in the derby. His comments about his desire to return to Coventry don’t add to his appeal. Better steering clear of him.

Squealing pig
20-09-2020, 09:59 PM
Maybe we should go for tav from rangers maybe he could win something

gbhibby
21-09-2020, 02:16 PM

Billy you were thinking the poster Magpie was Jenny Hanley

Joe6-2
21-09-2020, 02:40 PM
Billy you were thinking the poster Magpie was Jenny Hanley

Ooh, I liked Jenny Hanley

Magpie
21-09-2020, 03:00 PM
Kevin McDonald been told he can leave for free from Fulham. Probably on a decent wage, at 32 years old not sure if he would take a cut to come back up the road?

bigwheel
21-09-2020, 03:07 PM
Kevin McDonald been told he can leave for free from Fulham. Probably on a decent wage, at 32 years old not sure if he would take a cut to come back up the road?

Not a bad shout ..expect him to have some decent options mind you that would pay more the us ....

Billy Whizz
21-09-2020, 03:08 PM

I’d forgot about her
No just thought a username as Magpie, was possibly a Newcastle supporter
My apologies to Magpie

Magpie
21-09-2020, 03:11 PM
I’d forgot about her
No just thought a username as Magpie, was possibly a Newcastle supporter
My apologies to Magpie

No worries 👍🏻 I do have a soft spot for Newcastle, their stadium is one of my favourites.

superfurryhibby
21-09-2020, 03:16 PM

Looks like he has a decent pedigree, played nearly 50 games in the Prem and many in the Championship. 6 ft 4, a big laddie too.

hibbyfraelibby
21-09-2020, 03:21 PM
Hibs linked with anyone?

Is this Anyone related to AN Other or A Newman?

mal
21-09-2020, 03:55 PM

Talking Pictures channel this Friday at 11:45pm, Scars of Dracula ...

147lothian
21-09-2020, 04:22 PM
Any Hibs related rumours? Or loan targets?

Smartie
21-09-2020, 05:40 PM
No worries 👍🏻 I do have a soft spot for Newcastle, their stadium is one of my favourites.

What about Notts County, the original magpies?

Iggy Pope
21-09-2020, 05:45 PM

Great stuff, that’s the record button hit. I see Dennis Waterman’s in it too. He mentioned Hibs at least once on the telly.

HendoDelivered
21-09-2020, 05:46 PM

Would defo take him.

Joe6-2
21-09-2020, 06:03 PM

Good shout

Monts
21-09-2020, 06:21 PM

Is that the same Kevin McDonald who was with us as a youngster?

SMAXXA
21-09-2020, 06:22 PM

No

RoxburghHibs
21-09-2020, 07:07 PM
Seen it mentioned on Twitter that we’ve enquired about Ismalia Soro on loan from Celtic.

Can’t say I know anything about him.

04Sauzee
21-09-2020, 07:17 PM
Seen it mentioned on Twitter that we’ve enquired about Ismalia Soro on loan from Celtic.

Only Hibs Central. Reporting it that i can see.
Had some minutes for Celtic and their fans seem impressed.

Gmack7
21-09-2020, 07:22 PM

I can see celtic loaning out players to other spl clubs to play against der hun. Similar to the Mcrorie and Murphy deals

Gaffer1875
21-09-2020, 07:25 PM

‘Geordie’ is now the Musselburgh athletic manager I believe and was working with Kev Thomson on his academy too.

Billy Whizz
21-09-2020, 07:33 PM
I can see celtic loaning out players to other spl clubs to play against der hun. Similar to the Mcrorie and Murphy deals

Can’t really see a Rangers and Celtic loan in our squad

Robbo6-2
21-09-2020, 07:34 PM
I know we benefitted from Celtic loans especially with Hendo but the way Lawell acted with John McGinn and Scott Allan saga, Celtic can GTF as far as I am concerned.

thebausburst
21-09-2020, 07:52 PM
If we’re going to Celtic for a loan player let’s try and get Rogic for 6 months, someone with real proven quality who really improves us.

Gaffer1875
21-09-2020, 07:54 PM
If we’re going to Celtic for a loan player let’s try and get Rogic for 6 months, someone with real proven quality who really improves us.

Think there’s more chance of Griffiths coming back on loan than Rogic!

I’d like us to make a move for Luca Connell.

Souter96Mac
21-09-2020, 08:15 PM

Unbelievable talent, but can't keep fit. Would rather a player that will be available on a consistent

Unseen work
21-09-2020, 08:19 PM
Are we maybe waiting to see what Sturgeon announces as it may impact football before making anymore signings?

Brightside
21-09-2020, 08:20 PM

Ignore that twitter account.

chippy
21-09-2020, 08:21 PM
Are we maybe waiting to see what Sturgeon announces as it may impact football before making anymore signings?

Nah she’s too wee. Clever and very well intentioned mind you

Smartie
21-09-2020, 08:32 PM
Nah she’s too wee. Clever and very well intentioned mind you

Wrong side of 30, we’ve already got enough of those.

jacomo
21-09-2020, 09:05 PM
I know we benefitted from Celtic loans especially with Hendo but the way Lawell acted with John McGinn and Scott Allan saga, Celtic can GTF as far as I am concerned.

Lawwell played his hand badly and got embarrassed. His ego clearly couldn’t take it and he chucked his toys oot the pram. F*** him.

If the deal is right for us, of course we’ll do business with them again.

Lawwell saves face because he’s not dealing with Petrie anymore. But Rod now operates from the SFA, and won’t have forgotten about it.

Magpie
21-09-2020, 09:18 PM

What happened to his move to the Middle East?

Magpie
21-09-2020, 09:20 PM
What about Notts County, the original magpies?

Find it hard to forgive them for sending Danny Haynes to us 😅

Centre Hawf
21-09-2020, 09:30 PM
Might be wrong but I don't think we can take another loanee from the Premiership? Or was the rule just one player from a club?

bigwheel
21-09-2020, 09:30 PM
Find it hard to forgive them for sending Danny Haynes to us [emoji28]

This poster makes a good point ! [emoji2][emoji106]

Vault Boy
21-09-2020, 09:59 PM
Might be wrong but I don't think we can take another loanee from the Premiership? Or was the rule just one player from a club?

I think you're right that that was the rule up until this season, but it's been bumped up to two now.

Magpie
21-09-2020, 10:18 PM
I think you're right that that was the rule up until this season, but it's been bumped up to two now.

I know a lot of people don’t like taking players on loan from the Old Firm but if we can take a player on loan with quality better than what we have got then I am all for it.

Leigh Griffiths please 🙂

Centre Hawf
22-09-2020, 12:27 AM

I did think during the summer that rule should have been scrapped considering the situation a lot of clubs would be in financially. Loaning players may have seemed the easier alternative for all parties to save money on wages for a season, and players playing more football.

hibbyfraelibby
22-09-2020, 09:12 AM

We could do with a left sided dispatch box to dispatch box type right enough...

Iain G
22-09-2020, 09:28 AM

Maybe would could get both of course :greengrin

Since452
22-09-2020, 09:37 AM

I’d like us to make a move for Luca Connell.

Although we all know Griffiths can be a phenomenal player I'm not sure Ross would sign him if he wasn't in good condition both physically and mentally. If he was on the fringes of the Celtic team and getting the odd run out and could immediately improve us then maybe. But yeah still more chance than Rogic.

The Modfather
22-09-2020, 09:52 AM
Although we all know Griffiths can be a phenomenal player I'm not sure Ross would sign him if he wasn't in good condition both physically and mentally. If he was on the fringes of the Celtic team and getting the odd run out and could immediately improve us then maybe. But yeah still more chance than Rogic.

I like the thought of getting Griffiths back, but not so much the reality. He’s 30 now and , from the outside, looks to be very much in the process of throwing what’s left of his career away. Will go the way of Stokes IMO, bouncing around clubs not doing a lot before retiring. Could prove me wrong and regain his focus and still have a productive few years left but I’d be surprised.

Stokes, Griffiths, Riordan sad to see the decline set in long before it should have.

keep the faith
22-09-2020, 09:56 AM
I like the thought of getting Griffiths back, but not so much the reality. He’s 30 now and , from the outside, looks to be very much in the process of throwing what’s left of his career away. Will go the way of Stokes IMO, bouncing around clubs not doing a lot before retiring. Could prove me wrong and regain his focus and still have a productive few years left but I’d be surprised.

Stokes, Griffiths, Riordan sad to see the decline set in long before it should have.

I think Griffiths would def score goals for us and being home may be good for him. I am wary of disrupting a really good team spirit right now though. He would need to buy into that.

DC_Hibs
22-09-2020, 09:58 AM

Griffiths will be at Celtc for 2 more years unless he chooses to go elsewhere and it’s financially worth his while. He’ll have had 8 years good money and be 32 when he leaves. More than 150 games and a goal ratio better than 1 per 2 games. I’m sure he’ll get some game time in that period whether he leaves or not.

Stokes on the other hand......

lucky
22-09-2020, 10:54 AM
Griffiths will be at Celtc for 2 more years unless he chooses to go elsewhere and it’s financially worth his while. He’ll have had 8 years good money and be 32 when he leaves. More than 150 games and a goal ratio better than 1 per 2 games. I’m sure he’ll get some game time in that period whether he leaves or not.

Stokes on the other hand......

I’m not sure Griffiths would actually get a game for us just now. None of us know his fitnesses either mental or physical level just now. He was a fantastic player but I’d rather we stayed well clear.

FilipinoHibs
22-09-2020, 11:35 AM

Riordan did come back from Celtic and got himself fit and scoring and making goals. Transfer to China did not work out and then bounced around a few clubs. Don't think he wasted himself just made some wrong moves. We might of got another two years out of him.

Percy Vere
23-09-2020, 12:16 PM
Any actual rumours anyone?
Not heard anything since the chatter about Bale and Messi coming.
Turned out to be off the mark!

Magpie
23-09-2020, 03:03 PM
Any actual rumours anyone?
Not heard anything since the chatter about Bale and Messi coming.
Turned out to be off the mark!

Seen nothing since Scott Fraser.

Since452
24-09-2020, 10:55 AM
Anyone loitering in the East Mains bushes?

Since452
24-09-2020, 11:04 AM
I’m not sure Griffiths would actually get a game for us just now. None of us know his fitnesses either mental or physical level just now. He was a fantastic player but I’d rather we stayed well clear.

The impression I get is that Ross isn't a "sob story, come to Hibs to feel better" kind of manager. If you aren't physically or mentally right to play for Hibs you're out or not coming back. He didn't **** around with Kamberi for instance, he was a goner. His ex captain McGinn, someone he knows and respects had to win a contract by weeks/months of hard work on the training pitch. I really like it to be honest.

superfurryhibby
24-09-2020, 11:31 AM
The impression I get is that Ross isn't a "sob story, come to Hibs to feel better" kind of manager. If you aren't physically or mentally right to play for Hibs you're out or not coming back. He didn't **** around with Kamberi for instance, he was a goner. His ex captain McGinn, someone he knows and respects had to win a contract by weeks/months of hard work on the training pitch. I really like it to be honest.

Who really knows wtf is up with Griffiths, but his career is petering out, one way or another. Another sorry tale of a guy who had all the talent but sadly, his brains are all in his feet. I very much doubt he'll end up back at Hibs unless he's paid off by Celtic and even then, why would we gamble with the wages he would require when we have the talent we already have up front at the club?

bigwheel
24-09-2020, 11:32 AM
I know a lot of people don’t like taking players on loan from the Old Firm but if we can take a player on loan with quality better than what we have got then I am all for it.

Leigh Griffiths please [emoji846]

Do we really want Leigh? I know he is a top player.. but do we want to drop KN to give him a game ?

KeithTheHibby
24-09-2020, 12:06 PM
We don't need another striker.

Andy74
24-09-2020, 12:10 PM

Until Doidge or Nisbet gets injured maybe.

Other than that we’ve only Gullan who hasn’t really proven anything yet or playing wingers up front.

One more would be ideal. You look at our bench even now and there isn’t a striker there you’re confident can come on and contribute.

04Sauzee
24-09-2020, 12:19 PM

In my opinion we do, we have 2. 1 will get injured or lose form. Gullan isn't an out and out striker and im not going with this Murphy, Boyle or Wright stuff they meed to play where they are most effective.

Just my opinion

Billy Whizz
24-09-2020, 12:25 PM
Until Doidge or Nisbet gets injured maybe.

Other than that we’ve only Gullan who hasn’t really proven anything yet or playing wingers up front.

One more would be ideal. You look at our bench even now and there isn’t a striker there you’re confident can come on and contribute.

I agree, think we need another experienced forward in
We don’t really have a replacement for Doidge

Dazzjw1875
25-09-2020, 07:38 AM
I think the plan would be to move boyle up front if any injuries happen. Cant see us signing someone who would be happy to sit on bench as KN and Doidge won't be dropped

Steve20
25-09-2020, 08:03 AM

We really do. After another midfielder, it should be the priority. When Nisbet was out and Doidge looked isolated, it showed.

Wright isn't a striker, no matter what is said and Murphy isn't either.

jacomo
25-09-2020, 08:26 AM
Let’s play 4-3-3 with Nisbet / Doidge / Boyle across the front line.

Leigh can replace Doidge or Boyle as the Scottish Messi.

Gullan is back up in the David Villa role.

Ryan Shanley as back up to the Doidginator.

Murphy and Wright can play deeper or in the wide areas.

Mon the Hibs!

Hibs1969
25-09-2020, 08:29 AM

All we want is life beyond the Thunderdome 😉

jeffers
25-09-2020, 08:35 AM
Agree we need another striker. We look better playing two up front. If either Doidge or Nisbet need subbed or get injured we have no adequate cover for them IMO. Boyle can play there but I’d rather he was out wide not central.

Brightside
25-09-2020, 08:36 AM
We really do. After another midfielder, it should be the priority. When Nisbet was out and Doidge looked isolated, it showed.

Wright isn't a striker, no matter what is said and Murphy isn't either.

The young lads have to play at some point. The main reason Motherwell and others produce good young players is that the end up having to play them. We have plenty young cover to use if Nisbet or Doidge are out.

Brightside
25-09-2020, 09:04 AM
In my opinion we do, we have 2. 1 will get injured or lose form. Gullan isn't an out and out striker and im not going with this Murphy, Boyle or Wright stuff they meed to play where they are most effective.

Just my opinion

Gullan is a striker. He scores goals. He plays upfront. He's not suddenly become a winger just because someone says he likes to come in off the left. He's scored plenty tap-ins in his time.

superfurryhibby
25-09-2020, 09:04 AM
The young lads have to play at some point. The main reason Motherwell and others produce good young players is that the end up having to play them. We have plenty young cover to use if Nisbet or Doidge are out.

I'm with you on this. It's even more pertinent given the current circumstances. I think people can be a bit unrealistic in their expectations. As has been pointed out we have Murphy and Boyle who have played up front, as well as Gullan. Yes, both the experienced guys I mentioned are better deployed elsewhere, but we have some kind of reasonable contingency. In recent years it's been very rare to see a youngster appearing out the blue in the first team when injury or suspension requires a change.

Andy74
25-09-2020, 09:14 AM
I'm with you on this. It's even more pertinent given the current circumstances. I think people can be a bit unrealistic in their expectations. As has been pointed out we have Murphy and Boyle who have played up front, as well as Gullan. Yes, both the experienced guys I mentioned are better deployed elsewhere, but we have some kind of reasonable contingency. In recent years it's been very rare to see a youngster appearing out the blue in the first team when injury or suspension requires a change.

People are just pointing out the gaps. If we can’t afford to fill them then fair enough.

We have plenty midfielders but that doesn’t stop the chat about gaps there in terms of cover or different types of players.

Games are generally won by scoring goals. Being short up front over a season is a bit of a risk.

HendoDelivered
25-09-2020, 09:16 AM

Correct.

Andy74
25-09-2020, 09:21 AM

Or the Motherwell players in question have been better?

James Scott for example was 19 when he had already played a number of first team games, scored goals and got a big transfer to Hull. Gullan is 21.

Brightside
25-09-2020, 09:23 AM
People are just pointing out the gaps. If we can’t afford to fill them then fair enough.

We have plenty midfielders but that doesn’t stop the chat about gaps there in terms of cover or different types of players.

Games are generally won by scoring goals. Being short up front over a season is a bit of a risk.

We have to start making some money on these young players tho Andy. Surely this is the season to give them a go.

bingo70
25-09-2020, 09:27 AM
We have to start making some money on these young players tho Andy. Surely this is the season to give them a go.

They need to earn their chance though, not just be ‘given a go’

In order to be given more game time they have to make an impression wjen they do get small chances at the end of games coming off the bench.

Brightside
25-09-2020, 09:29 AM

James Scott for example was 19 when he had already played a number of first team games, scored goals and got a big transfer to Hull. Gullan is 21.

So here is rub for me.... give him a go...if he doesn't produce we have to let them go. Any youth product hitting 20 and not in the team or not seen as adequate replacement shouldn't be at this level now.

Brightside
25-09-2020, 09:32 AM

In order to be given more game time they have to make an impression wjen they do get small chances at the end of games coming off the bench.

Nisbet and Doidge are on form. They arent getting dropped any time soon. Gullan could come on with 10 mins to go v Celtic, score the winner and he still wouldnt get in before teh main 2. But if one is injured and one of the young lads comes in and doesn't perform then we have to look to move them on.

If we sign another senior player in that area then we may as well sell Gullan now.

Andy74
25-09-2020, 09:35 AM

Agree we aren't just going to make money by playing players that aren't ultimately good enough and that is what we've had recently. Porteous has shown that good players will go in and be played regularly.

Generally young players that are going to make us money you get a good sense pretty early on.

We also have to win football games and anyone that wants a game for Hibs, who should be in the top 3, should have to be good enough within a reasonable period.

At Motherwell Campbell was good enough to play 30 odd games in his first season as a teenager and has been a fixture since. Turnbull's break through year he played 30 games and scored 15 goals from midfield.

superfurryhibby
25-09-2020, 09:45 AM

Yes, so is over extending ourselves financially. This isn't like any other season, a reality check needed for many of us in terms of the financial implications of no fans in the ground.

Andy74
25-09-2020, 10:01 AM
Yes, so is over extending ourselves financially. This isn't like any other season, a reality check needed for many of us in terms of the financial implications of no fans in the ground.

Okay so we should bin all current transfer chat because really we can put out a team every week as it is?

The club will manage what we do and don’t have to spend. We are just saying areas we’d like to see strengthened.

B.H.F.C
25-09-2020, 10:06 AM

Our owner was talking about adding to the squad last week, so it’s not as if it’s just a case of fans having unreasonable expectations that we’ll be adding to the squad.

The Modfather
25-09-2020, 11:02 AM

As others have pointed out, players need to earn their opportunity and shouldn't be played simply because they have come through the youth academy. However it's difficult to argue against the fact we have been well behind other clubs in terms of giving youngsters a chance rather than signing a raft of short term squad fillers, as the two graphs from 2008 - 2019 indicate.

https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2020/1/2/can-the-top-clubs-in-scotland-do-a-better-job-at-developing-young-players

Andy74
25-09-2020, 11:46 AM
As others have pointed out, players need to earn their opportunity and shouldn't be played simply because they have come through the youth academy. However it's difficult to argue against the fact we have been well behind other clubs in terms of giving youngsters a chance rather than signing a raft of short term squad fillers, as the two graphs from 2008 - 2019 indicate.

https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2020/1/2/can-the-top-clubs-in-scotland-do-a-better-job-at-developing-young-players

All part of the same issue. We haven’t produced enough players worthy of getting more chances.

superfurryhibby
25-09-2020, 11:49 AM
Okay so we should bin all current transfer chat because really we can put out a team every week as it is?

The club will manage what we do and don’t have to spend. We are just saying areas we’d like to see strengthened.

Apologies Andy, my point wasn't exclusively directed at you and it came across as being more pointed than intended.

I'm hoping there are more players to come in, and hopefully a few more to move on. With the finances in mind, you would imagine that well paid fringe players, like Mallan and Hallberg, might be the ones. Midfield is the main area of concern for me, even more so with Allan not featuring at all recently. |I would imagine Jack will want to continue to bring his own men in, hence Stephen McGInn signing up. I think we have cover enough up front, particularly with the flexibility a change of shape might add, if required because of injury.

KeithTheHibby
25-09-2020, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=Steve20;6309071]We really do. After another midfielder, it should be the priority. When Nisbet was out and Doidge looked isolated, it showed.

Wright isn't a striker, no matter what is said and Murphy isn't either.[/QUOTE

Gullan is a striker. If we have money to spend I really don’t see it being on a striker who is coming in as third choice.

scoopyboy
25-09-2020, 12:28 PM
Is Fraser Murray away to Dunfermline on loan or did he just play as a trialist?

JimBHibees
25-09-2020, 12:33 PM

Think he played as a trialist last weekend.

erin go bragh
25-09-2020, 02:46 PM

Confirmed on loan for the season 👍

04Sauzee
25-09-2020, 03:17 PM
No transfer chat at all in today's press conference other than loans out of the club

JohnMcM
25-09-2020, 03:29 PM
Hoi! Saul!!! Seen any wing tips recently?:greengrin

Billy Whizz
25-09-2020, 03:29 PM
No transfer chat at all in today's press conference other than loans out of the club

Who else, apart from Fraser has gone out on loan, although I noted Scholsey played for Stenhousemuir last weeks

04Sauzee
25-09-2020, 03:42 PM
Who else, apart from Fraser has gone out on loan, although I noted Scholsey played for Stenhousemuir last weeks

Just said probably Murray (now confirmed) and Ben Stirling would go out on loan.

jeffers
25-09-2020, 03:43 PM
From what JR said at press conference I’d expect Ben Stirling to go on loan too.

SaulGoodman
25-09-2020, 04:28 PM
Hoi! Saul!!! Seen any wing tips recently?:greengrin

Sadly our recent signing policy of signing young, talented Scottish players or players from Scottish leagues has seen a drastic reduction in Plane window insta photos.

It’s a sad sign of the times tbh.

AlbertK86
25-09-2020, 05:56 PM
From what JR said at press conference I’d expect Ben Stirling to go on loan too.

If so then with him and FM leaving on loan we’ll be short on midfield so hopefully get at least one more robust box to box midfielder in

PatHead
25-09-2020, 06:47 PM
The bottom line is that if a better player comes in within our budget we will get him. But whoever we sign must fit in.

That is what happened with Fraser Fyvie and Stokes,we were not looking to fill those positions but they became available.

O'Rourke3
25-09-2020, 10:16 PM

Can’t say I know anything about him.Does he have Long blond hair and eyes of blue? Hope not..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

keep the faith
25-09-2020, 10:35 PM
Does he have Long blond hair and eyes of blue? Hope not..

😂

CMurdoch
25-09-2020, 10:49 PM

The only thing we'll get from them is Soro

Inconsequential
25-09-2020, 11:48 PM
The only thing we'll get from them is Soro My heart was broken, My heart was broken, soro, soro, soro, soro. :rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
26-09-2020, 04:30 PM

Oh yes. Tune :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
28-09-2020, 06:39 PM
A few tweets saying we are in for Kyle Magennis of StMirren. Can’t say I know lots about him but St Mirren fans don’t want to lose him!

Jim44
28-09-2020, 06:51 PM
A few tweets saying we are in for Kyle Magennis of StMirren. Can’t say I know lots about him but St Mirren fans don’t want to lose him!

Sniff, sniff!!! DM here, did you say, Kyle Magennis? I wonder if I could squeeze him into my already overflowing midfield. A few quid more than yon Hibees and he’s mine.

JohnM1875
28-09-2020, 06:54 PM
Sniff, sniff!!! DM here, did you say, Kyle Magennis? I wonder if I could squeeze him into my already overflowing midfield. A few quid more than yon Hibees and he’s mine.

Surely the St Mirren links have to swing it in our favour? That would be Jack Ross, Paul and Steven McGinn he'd already know.

Unless of course he doesn't like any of them! Could work both ways I guess.

wookie70
28-09-2020, 07:07 PM
Buddies confirm substantial bid from us turned down https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3779-st-mirren-football-club-can-confirm-it-has-rejected-a-substantial-offer-for-kyle-magennis-from-hibernian-football-club?fbclid=IwAR2m13mnpf9N_Tzh2uFxi_lZR2bMQmZ0txFn Semgjkoi03JdsP5YuvLB5aU

WillowbraeHibby
28-09-2020, 07:08 PM
Surely the St Mirren links have to swing it in our favour? That would be Jack Ross, Paul and Steven McGinn he'd already know.

Unless of course he doesn't like any of them! Could work both ways I guess.

St Mirren statement on Twitter. Re: knocking back a substantial offer.

keep the faith
28-09-2020, 07:50 PM
St Mirren statement on Twitter. Re: knocking back a substantial offer.

They don't really go for the subtle headline do they?!!

WillowbraeHibby
28-09-2020, 08:00 PM

They certainly do not.. Been done to generate more interest I think. I don't think I would want Hibs getting dragged into a bidding war over him, be others out there hopefully?

JimBHibees
28-09-2020, 08:09 PM
They certainly do not.. Been done to generate more interest I think. I don't think I would want Hibs getting dragged into a bidding war over him, be others out there hopefully?

Might be we need to wait until Jan then sign on pre contract which would automatically reduce his value though assume will be a development fee. How is development fee calculated is it based on present wages?

Billy Whizz
28-09-2020, 08:09 PM

Tony Fitzpatrick all over, total bellend
Didn’t realise they parted company with Gus Macpherson last month, no idea if it was a clash of personalities with Goodwin, or a cost cutting measure

RoxburghHibs
28-09-2020, 08:23 PM
Three bids now according to media. Sounds like we are certainly trying our best to get him.

SMAXXA
28-09-2020, 09:16 PM
Can we no just merge this with the main transfer thread and keep that one on track?

CMurdoch
28-09-2020, 09:27 PM
Tony Fitzpatrick all over, total bellend
Didn’t realise they parted company with Gus Macpherson last month, no idea if it was a clash of personalities with Goodwin, or a cost cutting measure

I would go with cost cutting.
All ballast being chucked over board.
Think the pain is being felt with no end in sight..

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2020, 09:31 PM
Don’t know much about him tbh but JR has shown he is a good judge of character and knows the player well so I’m sure he will be a great acquisition if we get him. Even with Aberdeen’s apparent interest and St Mirren not wanting to sell I think he will end up here.

Aubenas
28-09-2020, 09:59 PM
You’re acting funny, spending all Ron’s money....

Del Boy
28-09-2020, 10:03 PM
We are in for Alan Campbell from Motherwell too- would be a brilliant signing, be surprised if we get him though

RoxburghHibs
29-09-2020, 04:47 AM
These are exactly the type of players we should be targeting. I’d be delighted if we managed to get Campbell.

nonshinyfinish
29-09-2020, 07:21 AM
We are in for Alan Campbell from Motherwell too- would be a brilliant signing, be surprised if we get him though

Where's this coming from? As others have said, I'd expect him to sign for a team who can offer double or triple the wages we can.

Would be amazing if we can get him though, obviously.

EDIT: just seen on the other thread that's it's reported in the Record.

Brightside
29-09-2020, 07:23 AM
Where's this coming from? As others have said, I'd expect him to sign for a team who can offer double or triple the wages we can.

Would be amazing if we can get him though, obviously.

EDIT: just seen on the other thread that's it's reported in the Record.

The report in the record is just a Hibs like him piece.

FilipinoHibs
29-09-2020, 08:33 AM
Buddies confirm substantial bid from us turned down https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3779-st-mirren-football-club-can-confirm-it-has-rejected-a-substantial-offer-for-kyle-magennis-from-hibernian-football-club?fbclid=IwAR2m13mnpf9N_Tzh2uFxi_lZR2bMQmZ0txFn Semgjkoi03JdsP5YuvLB5aU

They are out there playing their high class games.

Lago
29-09-2020, 09:06 AM
They are out there playing their high class games.
Can't blame them for that.

keep the faith
29-09-2020, 09:13 AM
Can we no just merge this with the main transfer thread and keep that one on track?

The main one is full of EPL and hearts stuff so I thought the idea was make this one the thread for those who just want hibs transfer news.
I find it great as no raking through pages of irrelevant stuff during the busy working day.

keep the faith
29-09-2020, 09:15 AM
Campbell would be a huge signing. Cant see it unless Motherwell maybe eying a player to go the other way. Mallan or someone?

mixumatosis
29-09-2020, 09:54 AM
Three bids now according to media. Sounds like we are certainly trying our best to get him.

I think there's been a misunderstanding. Surely we called up and asked if they had any more McGinns and someone misheard ?

RoxburghHibs
29-09-2020, 09:58 AM
I think there's been a misunderstanding. Surely we called up and asked if they had any more McGinns and someone misheard ?

Haha you could be onto something there :greengrin

CMurdoch
29-09-2020, 10:00 AM
You’re acting funny, spending all Ron’s money....

:top marks

green day
29-09-2020, 10:01 AM
Anyone else find it irritating that we are reported to have made 3 bids?

Similar thing happened with McRorie and we know how that ended up.

Its all very well trying to get the best deal, but - like buying houses etc, sometimes you just have to pay the price to secure it.

Peevemor
29-09-2020, 10:05 AM
Haha you could be onto something there :greengrin

Another McGinn on S forms?

bingo70
29-09-2020, 10:23 AM
I completely agree. There seems to be a general consensus on here that Mallan/Allan doesn't work. Now that (at best) we look like we'll be without Scotty for a while, people want to give Mallan away. Makes no sense.

What if the people saying that just don’t think Mallan is that good?

I’m not a big fan of his to be honest, I’d happily see him sent out on loan or sold.

JammyDoidger
29-09-2020, 10:32 AM
Stevie Mallan better be going nowhere. Get him in the right areas and he's dangerous, that's up to jack ross to do that.

Andy74
29-09-2020, 10:38 AM
Stevie Mallan better be going nowhere. Get him in the right areas and he's dangerous, that's up to jack ross to do that.

Agree. A very useful option to have. We’ve gone for long periods without goal scoring midfield players and he can certainly be one of those.

Gaffer1875
29-09-2020, 11:11 AM
I take it that JM is a typo or maybe confusion with Josh Magennis (striker) of Hull City. It’s Kyle Magennis (midfielder) we’re after.

Yes, Damn iPhone keyboard!

HNA12
29-09-2020, 11:25 AM
I know its all over twitter but can we please refrain from speculation about private matters on here.
Thanks.

superfurryhibby
29-09-2020, 11:26 AM
Agree. A very useful option to have. We’ve gone for long periods without goal scoring midfield players and he can certainly be one of those.

Mallan has a part to play this season. He will get a chance to shine in his best position and hopefully takes the opportunity when it comes.

Hibs90
29-09-2020, 11:28 AM
Who reported the Campbell interest? Was it that twat Scott Burns?

A Hi-Bee
29-09-2020, 11:30 AM
I know its all over twitter but can we please refrain from speculation about private matters on here.
Thanks.

Hear, hear, well said 2 many nosey fishwives around they should keep the gossip to themself's instead of gobbing off over the washing line.
:thumbsup:

GordonHFC
29-09-2020, 11:36 AM

Yep

Stuart93
29-09-2020, 11:51 AM

Aye. Expect Motherwell to announce a new contract for him and Burns to write an article about how we’ve “missed out on our man”

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-09-2020, 12:00 PM
Aye. Expect Motherwell to announce a new contract for him and Burns to write an article about how we’ve “missed out on our man”

Not overly worried about missing out on players that we were not in for.

Since452
29-09-2020, 12:10 PM

Can see it now. "Summer of woe turns in to an Autumn of turmoil as yet another Hibs target says no".

Andy74
29-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Hear, hear, well said 2 many nosey fishwives around they should keep the gossip to themself's instead of gobbing off over the washing line.
:thumbsup:

The fitness of a football player is always going to be of interest.

Health is a difficult thing to stay a private matter for a professional athlete as it directly relates to their ability to play.

Kato
29-09-2020, 12:17 PM

Health is a difficult thing to stay a private matter for a professional athlete as it directly relates to their ability to play.Everyone could help though by showing some restraint

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2020, 12:34 PM

Health is a difficult thing to stay a private matter for a professional athlete as it directly relates to their ability to play.

Disagree. You just shouldn’t talk about someone’s health in public, it’s crass in the extreme.

Totally different to talking about their fitness.

Andy74
29-09-2020, 12:41 PM
Disagree. You just shouldn’t talk about someone’s health in public, it’s crass in the extreme.

Totally different to talking about their fitness.

We talk about injuries all the time including career threatening ones. You might see a difference with other health matters, others wouldn’t. It could all easily be classed as private.

J-C
29-09-2020, 12:42 PM

Physical fitness and personal health are two different things, let's not speculate on the former.

Andy74
29-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Physical fitness and personal health are two different things, let's not speculate on the former.

Not so sure they are but I’ll say no more on it.

J-C
29-09-2020, 12:49 PM
Not so sure they are but I’ll say no more on it.

Physical injuries from playing are widely accepted and spoken about, private health matters outwith football are private.

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2020, 01:07 PM
Physical injuries from playing are widely accepted and spoken about, private health matters outwith football are private.

Are they? Every time Allan has a bad game, his diabetes is mentioned. Every time Lennon didn't give an interview, his depression was mentioned. Don't remember anyone being against the speculation then.

Since452
29-09-2020, 01:08 PM
Are they? Every time Allan has a bad game, his diabetes is mentioned. Every time Lennon didn't give an interview, his depression was mentioned. Don't remember anyone being against the speculation then.

Sorry but when was his mental health ever mentioned when he didn't give an interview? Can't ever recall that.

Ozyhibby
29-09-2020, 01:13 PM
Hibs transfer only thread is going well. [emoji23]

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2020, 01:20 PM
Sorry but when was his mental health ever mentioned when he didn't give an interview? Can't ever recall that.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?330941-Neil-Lennon

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?332137-Neil-lennon

(https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?332137-Neil-lennon)

Joe6-2
29-09-2020, 01:20 PM

Aberdeen monitoring the situation, you couldn’t make it up 🙄

J-C
29-09-2020, 01:22 PM
Hibs transfer only thread is going well. [emoji23]

Usual argumentative posters, say black they'll say white. Admins have told us not to discuss any private health issues but there's always one or two eh?

J-C
29-09-2020, 01:23 PM
https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?330941-Neil-Lennon

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?332137-Neil-lennon

(https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?332137-Neil-lennon)

Difference being Lennon admitted having mental health issues, so it wasn't a private matter, he spoke openly about it.

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2020, 01:24 PM
Usual argumentative posters, say black they'll say white. Admins have told us not to discuss any private health issues but there's always one or two eh?

The admins have asked us not to speculate about private matters. I haven't done that.