PDA

View Full Version : Ron Gordon interview - Sky Sports

DavieRoy
18-09-2020, 05:17 PM
I see Ron Gordon has spoken to Sky Sports. Apparently the interview can be downloaded.

I caught a clip on SSN, interesting stuff about COVID-19 planning etc.

bigwheel
18-09-2020, 05:28 PM
There is a 15 minute Ryan P interview up there too. Excellent stuff ..comes over really well....

DavieRoy
18-09-2020, 05:36 PM
There is a 15 minute Ryan P interview up there too. Excellent stuff ..comes over really well....

I will give that one a look too. Good that Sky do that. Sometimes you can’t get a feel for a short clip.

DarlingtonHibee
18-09-2020, 06:25 PM
Anybody got a link please?

matty_f
18-09-2020, 06:48 PM
Just watching the interview, and get a similar feeling to the one i has leaving the AGM - one of pride and excitement. I think Ron’s vision for the club is outstanding, with priorities in exactly the right place, ethically solid, ambitious, and forward looking.

I don’t think it’ll be plain sailing (when is it ever?!) but the foundations he is laying (or plans to lay) have the potential to really push the club on.

Just wish we could get in to watch the team now. :greengrin

bingo70
18-09-2020, 07:48 PM
Just watching the interview, and get a similar feeling to the one i has leaving the AGM - one of pride and excitement. I think Ron’s vision for the club is outstanding, with priorities in exactly the right place, ethically solid, ambitious, and forward looking.

I don’t think it’ll be plain sailing (when is it ever?!) but the foundations he is laying (or plans to lay) have the potential to really push the club on.

Just wish we could get in to watch the team now. :greengrin

Do you need to have Sky to see the interview or can virgin media customers see it too?

banchoryhibs
18-09-2020, 07:50 PM
Tried to watch it on Sky Go but the link took me to Ryan's interview (which is very good). Have to wait until the link is fixed :rolleyes:

SRHibs
18-09-2020, 08:00 PM
Can someone at least link the Ryan Porteous interview?

matty_f
18-09-2020, 08:01 PM
Do you need to have Sky to see the interview or can virgin media customers see it too?

I’m not sure mate, i just searched for it on the sky box.

banchoryhibs
18-09-2020, 08:08 PM

Sorry - I don't know how to do that - the video loads directly from my Sky Go app with no link showing

tonyrougier123
18-09-2020, 09:23 PM
Good interview with Ron on all things hibs,they really pushed him to talk about the challenges facing the club due to the virus,but Ron kept the upbeat confident feel of the conversation going.he speaks incredibly well of the club.i feel by the time COVID has been suppressed and the fans start to return to the stadium,the bond between the support and our owner will be stronger for the experience over the last six months.
GGTTH

bingo70
18-09-2020, 09:37 PM
Good interview with Ron on all things hibs,they really pushed him to talk about the challenges facing the club due to the virus,but Ron kept the upbeat confident feel of the conversation going.he speaks incredibly well of the club.i feel by the time COVID has been suppressed and the fans start to return to the stadium,the bond between the support and our owner will be stronger for the experience over the last six months.
GGTTH

I think he must stay in the new town as I’ve seen him a few times around my work when he’s been going to play tennis in the area wearing a Hibs tracksuit. He seems to have put down some roots of sorts here.

I know if he was a bad guy he wouldn’t necessarily be wearing devil horns but I think he just seems like a really normal guy. Spending months at a time here, helping out with the Christmas dinners, passing STF’s due diligence tests and the fact he’s put decent money in without it being wreckless spending suggests I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. I understand people’s natural scepticism but I think he’s passed every test so far with flying colours.

I hope those that are doubting him cut him some slack soon.

Onceinawhile
18-09-2020, 09:38 PM
2 teams we are speaking about strategic partnerships with.

1 in the USA and one in Scotland. Interesting.

bingo70
18-09-2020, 09:40 PM

Would make sense if the one in Scotland was a lower league local side.

Wonder who that could be.

Vault Boy
18-09-2020, 09:44 PM

Exciting. Could be very useful.

Peevemor
18-09-2020, 10:08 PM

Wonder who that could be.Hearts?

hhibs
18-09-2020, 10:48 PM

Likely candidates,Spartans,Edinburgh City or maybe someone in the West to help recruitment ?

NAE NOOKIE
19-09-2020, 01:29 AM

Portland Timbers? Play in the same colours as us, in fact green with white sleeves a few seasons ago, a wee bit of a 'hipster' club, which like it or not Hibs aren't far off being, a town roughly the size of Edinburgh and which, I stand to be corrected, hates Donald Trump .... what's not to like :greengrin

Haymaker
19-09-2020, 01:57 AM
Will be interesting to see who it is here in the USA... cheeky preseason tours!!

SteveHFC
19-09-2020, 02:21 AM

Can’t find it on virgin media mate.

Jones28
19-09-2020, 05:51 AM

East Kilbride maybe? They’ve certainly got ambitions.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-09-2020, 06:04 AM
https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1306973251533328385?s=21

Onion
19-09-2020, 07:42 AM
Exciting interview but that Hibs badge was a major distraction. Ron need to have a word with his tailor and get that centred.

JohnMcM
19-09-2020, 09:08 AM
Portland Timbers? Play in the same colours as us, in fact green with white sleeves a few seasons ago, a wee bit of a 'hipster' club, which like it or not Hibs aren't far off being, a town roughly the size of Edinburgh and which, I stand to be corrected, hates Donald Trump .... what's not to like :greengrin
This may be a false memory but I'm sure Portland Timbers have been mentioned on here before?

By the way, your avatar is very naughty, that lady should be wearing safety headwear when she is riding that spikey horsey thing.:greengrin

Billy Whizz
19-09-2020, 09:15 AM
This may be a false memory but I'm sure Portland Timbers have been mentioned on here before?

By the way, your avatar is very naughty, that lady should be wearing safety headwear when she is riding that spikey horsey thing.:greengrin

Any reason why it could be Portland Timbers, other than the name, don’t know anything about them, and wonder why they would be a good fit

Callum_62
19-09-2020, 09:18 AM
Hopefully inter miami [emoji23]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

JohnMcM
19-09-2020, 09:36 AM
Any reason why it could be Portland Timbers, other than the name, don’t know anything about them, and wonder why they would be a good fit

I really don't know Billy. It was simply the name that seemed to ring a bell for me:confused:

Smartie
19-09-2020, 09:54 AM

We do a fair bit of business with Rangers and our most dangerous player has a mystery illness in the lead up to a big game with them...

matty_f
19-09-2020, 10:43 AM
We do a fair bit of business with Rangers and our most dangerous player has a mystery illness in the lead up to a big game with them...

:faf: can you imagine!!?

FWIW, I think Dunfermline might be a shout - potentially part of the Nisbet deal, and there are rumours of SDG and Fraser Murray playing for them this season.

If we can get their bridies and pies, i think it’s worth exploring.

Renfrew_Hibby
19-09-2020, 10:50 AM
I'm gonna guess Raith in Scotland but it wouldn't be an MLS side in the US but the level below, someone like the Rochester Rhinos.

bingo70
19-09-2020, 10:53 AM
I'm gonna guess Raith in Scotland but it wouldn't be an MLS side in the US but the level below, someone like the Rochester Rhinos.

I thought that as well but then Aberdeen have a link up with an MLS side so it’s not out of the question.

Suspect you might be right though.

Since90+2
19-09-2020, 11:09 AM
:faf: can you imagine!!?

FWIW, I think Dunfermline might be a shout - potentially part of the Nisbet deal, and there are rumours of SDG and Fraser Murray playing for them this season.

If we can get their bridies and pies, i think it’s worth exploring.

Don't think it will be Dunfermline. They will be aiming to get back into the Premiership asap and it wouldn't work if we were both in the same league.

NAE NOOKIE
19-09-2020, 12:37 PM

I only mentioned them coz they are my MLS team of choice :greengrin Truth is it could be anybody, there are a number of new kids on the block in MLS who have big ambitions and big money behind them ... the ownership of LA FC includes a number of Holywood celebs. Clubs like Seattle and Atlanta average over 40 and 50 thousand and the aforementioned Portland Timbers sell out practically every every game in their 25,000 capacity stadium and have recently spent $100,000,000 tarting it up.

Until Covid hit MLS was gaining real momentum with new teams like Inter Miami being added and new football specific stadiums being built all over the place .... It was well on the way to replacing the likes of Baseball, Basketball and Ice hockey as America's second biggest spectator sport and there's no doubt at all that eventually it will.

Hibs getting a foot in that door could be a very good move.

NOTE .... Inter Miami lost their very first game away to Atlanta, with the winner being scored by our ( nearly ) very own Emerson Hyndman :greengrin

GloryGlory
19-09-2020, 12:49 PM

ISTR reading that Ron has a business connection with the owner of Real Salt Lake.

04Sauzee
19-09-2020, 12:54 PM
ISTR reading that Ron has a business connection with the owner of Real Salt Lake.

Was the owner not looking to sell?

Billy Whizz
19-09-2020, 01:15 PM
Was the owner not looking to sell?

Surely he doesn’t want to own 2 clubs😄

Chuck Rhoades
19-09-2020, 03:40 PM

Or take the time it took you to write that post and get it yourself - at least.

SRHibs
19-09-2020, 09:27 PM
Or take the time it took you to write that post and get it yourself - at least.

Yeah, I definitely didn't think to try that first! Thanks.

itslegaltender
20-09-2020, 07:58 AM

Aberdeen are linked now with Atlanta. I do t see why it wouldn’t be a top US club.

dp00
20-09-2020, 10:14 AM
Great interview certainly makes you relax about the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk