PDA

View Full Version : New Tannoy/PA system?

HendoDelivered
17-09-2020, 06:16 PM
Looks like the new system is up and running going by Barrie Wilkins (Hibs stadium announcer) story on Insta.

About time!!

Now how about that big screen? :greengrin

Nicho87
17-09-2020, 06:28 PM
Surprised hibs went ahead with this now but another improvement made. Next the big screen for when the fans go back.

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2020, 06:35 PM
Yes spoke to Barrie last week and he told me it had been installed.

MWHIBBIES
17-09-2020, 06:35 PM
Yeah, installed by a mate of mine about 3/4 weeks ago.

Vault Boy
17-09-2020, 06:41 PM
Is the fox a permanent fixture?

JXM73
17-09-2020, 11:15 PM
We got disco lights?

Hibs4185
18-09-2020, 05:32 AM
We got disco lights?

Big Ron says they will be installed in time for our champions league adventure next season

Diclonius
18-09-2020, 05:38 AM
Assume this means we'll actually be able to hear what he's saying now! :greengrin

Since452
18-09-2020, 07:06 AM
It will be nice to finally hear Barrie Wilkins voice. No idea what he sounds like. Maybe it's his voice that's muffled and not the old PA system

HendoDelivered
18-09-2020, 07:27 AM
Is the fox a permanent fixture?

Think its our version of Crystal Palace’s eagle :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
18-09-2020, 08:00 AM
Who cares what halftime music they play & whose birthday it is. Go to ER to watch the game. Money wasted imho.

hibee_girl
18-09-2020, 08:01 AM
Who cares what halftime music they play & whose birthday it is. Go to ER to watch the game. Money wasted imho.

It’s also used for safety announcements so hardly a waste of money.

hughio
18-09-2020, 08:17 AM
Good.

Its a positive affront to fans to subject them to that indecipherable racket.(I'm in upper west)

Well done Hibs.
Improving fans experience of the day is clearly now on the agenda.

Roll on some decent grub for us peasants in the cheap seats.

EdinMike
18-09-2020, 08:35 AM
It will be nice to finally hear Barrie Wilkins voice. No idea what he sounds like. Maybe it's his voice that's muffled and not the old PA system

As someone who’s known Barry for a fair few years, not missing much !

Sorry Barry ! 😂 He’s a nice guy.

Andy74
18-09-2020, 08:37 AM
My priority is still the big screen. If it means selling Porteous or someone else of value then needs must.

matty_f
18-09-2020, 08:41 AM
My priority is still the big screen. If it means selling Porteous or someone else of value then needs must.

:faf: you expecting many bites?

hibbyfraelibby
18-09-2020, 09:01 AM
Assume this means we'll actually be able to hear what he's saying now! :greengrin

Nah...you still be unable to hear him just at a higher volume😁

Keith_M
18-09-2020, 09:04 AM

:top marks

If we sell Hanlon as well, we could have a screen in two corners of the ground.

We could then watch instant replays, in high definition, of all the goals we concede.

Scouse Hibee
18-09-2020, 09:22 AM

Thankfully your opinion doesn’t count and Hibs have made the correct decision in replacing a vital piece of equipment.

RoxburghHibs
18-09-2020, 09:24 AM
Thankfully your opinion doesn’t count and Hibs have made the correct decision in replacing a vital piece of equipment.

Yeah totally agree that it needed replaced :aok:

Brightside
18-09-2020, 09:30 AM
Yeah totally agree that it needed replaced :aok:

As long as Barrie announces the scores in the right order too. :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
18-09-2020, 09:31 AM
As long as Barrie announces the scores in the right order too. :greengrin

Haha I deserved that!!!

:aok:

neil7908
18-09-2020, 09:42 AM
Is that why there is loads of noise coming from the ground? I live next to it and sounds like there is a game on!

Juniper Greens
18-09-2020, 09:45 AM
Would be good to get a wee Hibs TV piece on this

overdrive
18-09-2020, 09:55 AM

I'm not sure it is (unless the new one does both). I think it was two separate systems as the safety announcements tended to come through loud and clear whereas the music, subs announcements, etc. didn't.

I think we would have been forced to replace it sooner if the safety announcements were compromised.

JohnMcM
18-09-2020, 09:59 AM
A brand new sound system huh? Can someone with a screwdriver have wee go at connecting it to Cliff's microphone for the Hibspass live match coverage please.:greengrin

hibee_girl
18-09-2020, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure it is (unless the new one does both). I think it was two separate systems as the safety announcements tended to come through loud and clear whereas the music, subs announcements, etc. didn't.

I think we would have been forced to replace it sooner if the safety announcements were compromised.

You could be right.

They’ve been testing the new system for the past two days, I can confirm it works :greengrin

Pagan Hibernia
18-09-2020, 10:46 AM

nah. We should strive for excellence in all areas of the club.

lets sort the match day catering next please. Better food = happy supporters + more money in the clubs pocket = better football = happy supporters

Billy Whizz
18-09-2020, 10:53 AM
You could be right.

They’ve been testing the new system for the past two days, I can confirm it works :greengrin

We should be blasting noise at the game on Sunday then

Hibernian Verse
18-09-2020, 12:16 PM
We should be blasting noise at the game on Sunday then

"Liam Henderson to deliverrrr...AND DAVID GRAY HAS SCORED. THE CAPTAIN." on repeat.

Sir David Gray
18-09-2020, 12:43 PM

I think the safety announcements came from a different system to the normal matchday updates like team news and subs etc.

Stuart93
18-09-2020, 12:58 PM
Moan about the old PA system

Upgrade PA system

Moan about wasted money on new PA system

Fair to say the club can’t win with some.

JohnMcM
18-09-2020, 01:24 PM

Upgrade PA system

At times you can be a remarkably astute observer of the human behaviour :greengrin

Ozyhibby
18-09-2020, 01:43 PM

Upgrade PA system

Maybe it’s different people moaning about each thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sas_The_Hibby
18-09-2020, 05:40 PM
Typical Hibs! Wait until there's no fans to hear it and then install an upgraded PA system! :greengrin:wink:

Since452
18-09-2020, 06:08 PM
The artificial crowd noise better be top notch on Sunday or Petrie can go

BT58
18-09-2020, 06:52 PM
Why do we need an upgraded sound system, just use SUB -TITLES on the giant screens....hmmm
B

Itsnoteasy
18-09-2020, 08:49 PM

How many safety announcements have been made that no one has heard. Never seen a post on.net about this problem. Normally the persons name followed by go to your nearest steward. I've not struggled to hear these over the years.

Scouse Hibee
18-09-2020, 09:11 PM
How many safety announcements have been made that no one has heard. Never seen a post on.net about this problem. Normally the persons name followed by go to your nearest steward. I've not struggled to hear these over the years.

No one knows as they couldn’t hear them.

hibee-boys
19-09-2020, 11:40 AM
Never really understood the priority some people placed on a better sound system, at least I'll not need to read the numerous posts about people moaning about it though so all good.

tamig
19-09-2020, 01:02 PM

If the club were toiling to pay for this at the expense of - what you might consider - something more meaningful, I’m sure the work would have been delayed. Why can you not just be happy that the club are doing something to make things a bit better instead of moaning?

Itsnoteasy
19-09-2020, 02:13 PM
If the club were toiling to pay for this at the expense of - what you might consider - something more meaningful, I’m sure the work would have been delayed. Why can you not just be happy that the club are doing something to make things a bit better instead of moaning?

I'm no moaning. Never moaned when it was the same quality pa system since I've been going since 1981. Money could be better spent on other areas.

dp00
20-09-2020, 10:29 AM
The PA system certainly sounds better on the TV

Hibby70
20-09-2020, 10:38 AM
The PA system certainly sounds better on the TV

It really does.

HibsAnnouncer
20-09-2020, 08:21 PM
Great to see such positive feedback about this guys. I can’t wait to have everyone back in the stadium Cat A games and all this adding to an overall match day experience. Sounds crystal clear and a really good system we now have in place.

GreenCastle
20-09-2020, 09:40 PM
Great to see such positive feedback about this guys. I can’t wait to have everyone back in the stadium Cat A games and all this adding to an overall match day experience. Sounds crystal clear and a really good system we now have in place.

Sounded clear on TV so expecting it to sound brilliant in the stadium.

Didn’t notice but do we still play a tune when we score ?

The Napoli goal song is pretty catchy - Samba De Janerio by Bellini