PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TOM JAMES AGREES LOAN MOVE

RSS Bot
17-09-2020, 04:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10746)

bigwheel
17-09-2020, 04:03 PM
Good luck to him ..and some funds to play with too...good for all parties ...

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Naismith added , he is a versatile player

Sir David Gray
17-09-2020, 04:04 PM
Never really worked out, no hard feelings best for all parties.

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2020, 04:13 PM
Good move and frees up some finances, unless those finances where why we signed McGinn.

oneone73
17-09-2020, 04:14 PM
Only until January? Strange one

Billy Whizz
17-09-2020, 04:15 PM

Are Wigan still in admin

jeffers
17-09-2020, 04:38 PM
Can't remember seeing a more passive full back, would be better further forward IMO, but good luck to him. Hopefully it turns out becoming a permanent move.

LaMotta
17-09-2020, 04:48 PM
Can't remember seeing a more passive full back, would be better further forward IMO, but good luck to him. Hopefully it turns out becoming a permanent move.

Looked well off the pace against St Mirren in our first league game last season before he got injured and had a nightmare in the semi vs Celtic.

Def got good technical ability but just didnt seem up to it from what we saw of him. It was astonishing that after a few ok games against lower league opposition in early season league cup games that some on here were raving about him and pointing to him being a long term RB solution. A lesson there in waiting a bit longer before making such bold proclamations without any real evidence.

Unseen work
17-09-2020, 04:56 PM
I was expecting an awful lot from him signing and unfortunately it never worked out.

Rave reviews before he signed and sounded a real coup with him linked with Championship teams. I thought we were getting a very similar player to James Taverniner - full of energy, would get up and down the line, beating his man and being very good on the ball with great delivery, shot and a goal threat.

Now I wouldn’t question his ability on the ball as he had a very good touch, range of passing and shot, he also made a lot of intelligent passes out of defence which helped us get forward.

However Iv never seen a player that’s so lack lustre and have so little drive about him. He would stick to the right back area, go as slow as possible and never looked like he was breaking a sweat. Defensively he was more than happy to give the winger the entire pitch and never got tight enough.

Who knows, maybe if recruited at a different time and a different manager he, along with Vela May have turned out alright.

I expect we’re paying him a very handsome salary however so happy to see someone else cover it for us to get a new decent player in

Keith_M
17-09-2020, 05:07 PM

Are Wigan still in admin

Just read a quote on the subject from one the Administrators at Wigan that maybe explains it.

“The only thing is we will not be signing any players for the long-term, because we’re not here for the long-term.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/hibernian-defender-his-way-wigan-athletic-2975304

jeffers
17-09-2020, 05:18 PM
Looked well off the pace against St Mirren in our first league game last season before he got injured and had a nightmare in the semi vs Celtic.

Def got good technical ability but just didnt seem up to it from what we saw of him. It was astonishing that after a few ok games against lower league opposition in early season league cup games that some on here were raving about him and pointing to him being a long term RB solution. A lesson there in waiting a bit longer before making such bold proclamations without any real evidence.

Can't argue with a word of that or the majority of the post that followed your one (I knew nothing about him before he signed so had no expectations.) People see different things in players (clearly our recruitment team did too) so I'm not coming on here and acting clever because I didn't rate him, but I do wonder at some of the comments you refer to.

Eyrie
17-09-2020, 05:23 PM
It didn't work out for James here, for what ever reason, so let's hope he has more luck elsewhere.

LaMotta
17-09-2020, 05:54 PM
Can't argue with a word of that or the majority of the post that followed your one (I knew nothing about him before he signed so had no expectations.) People see different things in players (clearly our recruitment team did too) so I'm not coming on here and acting clever because I didn't rate him, but I do wonder at some of the comments you refer to.

:agree:

It didn't work out for James here, for what ever reason, so let's hope he has more luck elsewhere.

:agree:

Robbo6-2
17-09-2020, 06:18 PM
Hats off to his agent, astonished he has ended up at Wigan

Smartie
17-09-2020, 06:20 PM
I was expecting an awful lot from him signing and unfortunately it never worked out.

Rave reviews before he signed and sounded a real coup with him linked with Championship teams. I thought we were getting a very similar player to James Taverniner - full of energy, would get up and down the line, beating his man and being very good on the ball with great delivery, shot and a goal threat.

Now I wouldn’t question his ability on the ball as he had a very good touch, range of passing and shot, he also made a lot of intelligent passes out of defence which helped us get forward.

However Iv never seen a player that’s so lack lustre and have so little drive about him. He would stick to the right back area, go as slow as possible and never looked like he was breaking a sweat. Defensively he was more than happy to give the winger the entire pitch and never got tight enough.

Who knows, maybe if recruited at a different time and a different manager he, along with Vela May have turned out alright.

I expect we’re paying him a very handsome salary however so happy to see someone else cover it for us to get a new decent player in

He was weird.

Clearly he had some decent attributes but he seemed totally deficient in certain things required of a professional footballer - urgency, concentration, energy.

He had a good touch, a decent pass and a great shot but didn’t look like he would be comfortable playing any position on the field - never a fullback, not a CB, never a striker and never a midfielder. Maybe an attacking midfielder who drifts around on the periphery of games scoring a peach every now and then?

Very strange player. Maybe he’ll find a bit something extra and do ok somewhere, maybe not though.

He looks like a player who could make a very tidy highlight reel that would paper over a multitude of sins on a football pitch.

Billy Whizz
17-09-2020, 06:24 PM
Hats off to his agent, astonished he has ended up at Wigan

His agents are this big group called Base Soccer. They have players like Deli Ali, James Maddison etc on their books, and amongst others, Doidge, Glenn Middleton and Heckingbottom

J-C
17-09-2020, 06:32 PM
Another player who looked great in his Youtube compilation than he really was, disappointed we couldn't get him off the wages for good, so hopefully he impresses down there.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-09-2020, 06:56 PM
Good luck to him.