PDA

View Full Version : NO PPV for Celtic game??

mim
16-09-2020, 11:27 PM
https://thecelticstar.com/in-defence-of-celtic-and-the-decision-not-to-show-games-on-ppv/

That's a blow. :confused:

tamig
16-09-2020, 11:57 PM
“Pass to Paradise”. How tacky and boak inducing is that? The sort of tat you’d expect from them though.

TheGog
17-09-2020, 12:58 AM
IPTV is always a winner

Big90inOz
17-09-2020, 02:15 AM
Its on Hibs TV for International subscribers :thumbsup:

Juniper Greens
17-09-2020, 07:19 AM
See now I would pay £30 for PPV if it were available. I'm quite happy paying the going rate that season ticket holders have paid. Still works out cheaper than actually attending and being behind a pillar

CentreLine
17-09-2020, 07:28 AM
See now I would pay £30 for PPV if it were available. I'm quite happy paying the going rate that season ticket holders have paid. Still works out cheaper than actually attending and being behind a pillar

Agreed. Happy to have paid £30 if that’s what it costs. Let’s face it, that £30 might have allowed up to six people from two families, socially distancing to watch the game. Good value for me. I don’t get Celtic being all precious about an “outcry”. They have never previously come across as bothered by what others think.

jacomo
17-09-2020, 07:53 AM
Those mingers would defend anything so long as it was wrapped in plastic paddy packaging.

The article makes no sense at all. The price Celtc charge their season ticket holders is up to them - the bottom line is that this match is unavailable to anyone else and that’s a real shame.

Billy Whizz
17-09-2020, 07:54 AM
Those mingers would defend anything so long as it was wrapped in plastic paddy packaging.

The article makes no sense at all. The price Celtc charge their season ticket holders is up to them - the bottom line is that this match is unavailable to anyone else and that’s a real shame.

Have Hibs said when they will allow non season tickets holders, to buy home games?

CentreLine
17-09-2020, 08:03 AM
Have Hibs said when they will allow non season tickets holders, to buy home games?

Good question. I just assumed non ST holders and opposition fans could buy in to our home games in the same way as we have to places like Livi but not seen it written anywhere. I would have thought it would be a decent money spinner for the club. Got to be at the equivalent price as a ST though. Maybe £20-23 a game.

Not In The Know
17-09-2020, 08:18 AM

Not yet I dont think. We are treading that fine line between rinsing your fans and squeezing every last penny out them (like hearts) and rewarding the fans who committed to a season ticket.

danhibees1875
17-09-2020, 08:19 AM
Good question. I just assumed non ST holders and opposition fans could buy in to our home games in the same way as we have to places like Livi but not seen it written anywhere. I would have thought it would be a decent money spinner for the club. Got to be at the equivalent price as a ST though. Maybe £20-23 a game.

Was there not a bit of controversy at the start of the season because Hibs weren't letting non season ticket holders (or away fans) purchase the game against Killie.

The impression I got at the time was that it would be up and running for the next non-sky home game though and they were just fulfilling their summer promise that "only season ticket holders will have access to every home game".

The pricing structure also needs considered, individual games need to be priced high enough to retain value in the season ticket but I'd not personally pay £20-30 for a one off stream.

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2020, 08:36 AM
Was there not a bit of controversy at the start of the season because Hibs weren't letting non season ticket holders (or away fans) purchase the game against Killie.

The impression I got at the time was that it would be up and running for the next non-sky home game though and they were just fulfilling their summer promise that "only season ticket holders will have access to every home game".

The pricing structure also needs considered, individual games need to be priced high enough to retain value in the season ticket but I'd not personally pay £20-30 for a one off stream.

Agreed about the pricing structure, as a ST holder I’m not too fussed about keep parity with ST price as I think that would be too high for a one off PPV.

Billy Whizz
17-09-2020, 08:44 AM
Think one of our home games in the Betfred cup is on TV, the other v Brora isn’t
Hope we let everyone the opportunity to buy this game

Sylar
17-09-2020, 08:50 AM
I find it quite funny - they're the fanbase that have been bleating about how much other clubs are charging their fans to watch their away games, yet they don't offer away fans the opportunity to watch games at 'Paradise' at all (they're doing the same thing to Livingston this weekend as far as I know).

No surprise really. They're a horrible, rancid club all the way to their core.

PatHead
17-09-2020, 08:57 AM
Agreed about the pricing structure, as a ST holder I’m not too fussed about keep parity with ST price as I think that would be too high for a one off PPV.

Without going over old ground it would be a joke if it went to ppv at a lower price than season ticket holders. Has to be the same.

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2020, 09:10 AM
Without going over old ground it would be a joke if it went to ppv at a lower price than season ticket holders. Has to be the same.

I disagree simply because I never bought my ST for a season of PPV’s. I understand your point though and many will agree with you.

Jones28
17-09-2020, 09:12 AM
What a bunch of self-important tossers.

Oh well, doing themselves out of income, I'd imagine more Hibs fans would buy a PPV ticket than would actually pay to go to Celtic Park.

B.H.F.C
17-09-2020, 09:16 AM

Oh well, doing themselves out of income, I'd imagine more Hibs fans would buy a PPV ticket than would actually pay to go to Celtic Park.

We decided not to offer our first game as PPV so can’t really complain too much.

JimBHibees
17-09-2020, 10:10 AM
We decided not to offer our first game as PPV so can’t really complain too much.

Was that as much with making sure it worked for home season ticket holders. Maybe wrong in that assumption

WhileTheChief..
17-09-2020, 11:05 AM
I don’t get it?

Celtic are doing exactly the same as us no? What am I missing?

surreyhibbie
17-09-2020, 11:25 AM

I certainly would have bought one...

Sir David Gray
17-09-2020, 11:31 AM

Agreed.

Livingston got a bit of criticism on here for charging us £20 earlier in the season but I think they were quite correct to do so.

I don't see why Celtic can't charge £30 for a PPV stream and then it would at least give people the choice - at least there wouldn't be a restricted view either! Not offering it at all is wrong.

Keith_M
17-09-2020, 12:16 PM
We normally only take about 800-1,000 to Celtc Park, so there's not that many people missing out.

Jones28
17-09-2020, 12:23 PM

I thought that was to ensure the system worked properly?

B.H.F.C
17-09-2020, 12:43 PM
I thought that was to ensure the system worked properly?

Thought we mentioned we’d pick and choose our games to protect the value of the season ticket.

We’ve been lucky in that 4 of our 5 home games have been on Sky anyway. Be interesting to see what happens for the upcoming games. Also, they were likely thinking that some fans would be back in the stadium by the time we play Hamilton so that might have an impact on their thinking.

Phil MaGlass
17-09-2020, 01:41 PM
Dinnae worry, yill find it oan youtube

Eyrie
17-09-2020, 05:37 PM
I don't feel I'm missing out as I wouldn't go to Parkhead if fans were allowed in anyway.

And it also means I don't have to give any money to the bloated plutocrats, which suits me fine. Can't stand either arse cheek.

davhibby
17-09-2020, 05:45 PM

That’s just a completely mental take on things although as you say it’s been done to death on various threads.

I sincerely hope hibs will be doing ppv on all of our non sky games from now on and as an ST holder I’d be pretty disappointed in the club if they were to charge more than £15.

The strange thing about Celtic not doing it is that Rangers are selling their home games for a tenner and don’t seem to have incurred any sort of backlash from the fans at all