PDA

View Full Version : Brian Graham managing Partick Thistle women's team

Monts
15-09-2020, 05:44 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54154998

Seems a strange one. They make it sound like it's some kind of masterstroke to have the women's team managed by a current men's team player, but to me it just says that the women's team isn't really valued enough to get a dedicated manager.

bigwheel
15-09-2020, 05:46 PM
There will be very few full time (dedicated) managers in scottish woman’s football..we’ve not got one I don’t believe ....sounds like a positive move for both the team and Graham..good on them.

Peevemor
15-09-2020, 05:47 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54154998

Seems a strange one. They make it sound like it's some kind of masterstroke to have the women's team managed by a current men's team player, but to me it just says that the women's team isn't really valued enough to get a dedicated manager.

Jacqui Low wanting to show that she's as much of a visionary as her pal Ann.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2020, 06:06 AM
There will be very few full time (dedicated) managers in scottish woman’s football..we’ve not got one I don’t believe ....sounds like a positive move for both the team and Graham..good on them.

Is Dean part-time?

Brightside
16-09-2020, 06:25 AM
Is Dean part-time?

I think he is fully employed by the Foundation, but that may have changed now the Women’s team has its own company.

Monts
16-09-2020, 11:32 AM

I wouldn't say dedicated necessarily means full time, just that that is your main focus for your employer.

Giving a role to someone already with the company full time, and is expected to continue their current role as well as their new role, just seems a bit half hearted to me.

bigwheel
16-09-2020, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't say dedicated necessarily means full time, just that that is your main focus for your employer.

Giving a role to someone already with the company full time, and is expected to continue their current role as well as their new role, just seems a bit half hearted to me.

These teams will be training in the evening ..and matches on a Sunday it’s no different than one of our players starting to coach an amateur side .

Seems to me like it’s good for the players experience and good for the ladies football team at Thistle..can’t quite get where the half hearted element comes in . Feels supportive to me ..