PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Accies Coronavirus - Positve tests

04Sauzee
15-09-2020, 09:57 AM
Training cancelled today 3 positve covid tests according to reports

Barney McGrew
15-09-2020, 10:03 AM
Probably linked to the the guy that shares a house with one of the St Mirren players?

FilipinoHibs
15-09-2020, 10:05 AM
Probably linked to the the guy that shares a house with one of the St Mirren players?

ST mirren were getting tested on Sunday again. Anybody know the result.

Billy Whizz
15-09-2020, 10:16 AM

For some reason their 3rd goalie is available for tomorrow’s game

04Sauzee
15-09-2020, 10:18 AM
You can get Killie 4/5 just now.

CMurdoch
15-09-2020, 10:24 AM

Isolated as a precaution after the other 2 tested positive.
Alternatively thought the league would give them a postponement if all 3 keepers out.

Peevemor
15-09-2020, 10:25 AM

He didn't test positive - he was only put in isolation as a precaution as he'd been working closely with the other 2.

Steven79
15-09-2020, 10:31 AM
He didn't test positive - he was only put in isolation as a precaution as he'd been working closely with the other 2.

What I didn't understand was the 3rd choice keeper was put into isolation but Jamie Langfield who is their coach was allowed to go on their bench?

Surely he works with the keepers as well...

Peevemor
15-09-2020, 10:32 AM
What I didn't understand was the 3rd choice keeper was put into isolation but Jamie Langfield who is their coach was allowed to go on their bench?

Maybe he'd been tested whereas the 3rd choice keeper hadn't?

CMurdoch
15-09-2020, 10:55 AM

Yeah that was a strange one. Didn't get that.
Without knowing all the circumstance, should have been none or both isolated.

Juniper Greens
15-09-2020, 11:09 AM
Yeah that was a strange one. Didn't get that.
Without knowing all the circumstance, should have been none or both isolated.

Apparently it's done by the GPS trackers everyone has to carry at training. The 3rd GK was deemed to have been too close to the CV GK whereas Clangers wasn't. Seemed strange to me at the time, but reassured at the levels they seem to be going to in order to get it right

hibee_girl
15-09-2020, 11:14 AM

No positive results - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54156066

BS44
15-09-2020, 11:15 AM
You can get Killie 4/5 just now.

Good shout, but the blaggard bookie have removed the game from the site I use

Billy Whizz
15-09-2020, 11:23 AM
The initial St Mirren v Celtic game was due to on Sky, tomorrow nights game isn’t
St Mirren going to make a few bob, selling the game to Celtic fans at £12.50

Brooster
15-09-2020, 11:30 AM
Hibs are due to be playing Hamilton in a bounce game today.

Billy Whizz
15-09-2020, 11:33 AM
Hibs are due to be playing Hamilton in a bounce game today.

Is it still on?

FilipinoHibs
15-09-2020, 12:05 PM
No positive results - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54156066

Good news. Hope our players are in the clear.

danhibees1875
15-09-2020, 12:16 PM
The initial St Mirren v Celtic game was due to on Sky, tomorrow nights game isn’t
St Mirren going to make a few bob, selling the game to Celtic fans at £12.50

Being at home to the OF and it not being on Sky could be very lucrative for clubs. :agree:

Have any team published any stats on PPV uptake for any of their games? I've not seen anything and appreciate they might consider it commercially sensitive but I'd be curious to know the numbers.

inglisavhibs
15-09-2020, 01:01 PM
Isolated as a precaution after the other 2 tested positive.
Alternatively thought the league would give them a postponement if all 3 keepers out.
They still have Bobby on emergency loan. The only way any fixture will be cancelled is if a team hasn’t enough fit players, as in any other season.

04Sauzee
15-09-2020, 02:09 PM
Fresh coronavirus story: we've learned four Annan Athletic players have tested positive for Covid. Their friendly against Queen of the South tonight has been cancelled. More soon on @STVSport

Peevemor
15-09-2020, 02:11 PM
I take it all these footballers that are testing positive are more or less asymptomatic?

CMurdoch
15-09-2020, 02:58 PM
Are we starting to get lots of positive tests now that players kids have gone back to school?

Peevemor
15-09-2020, 03:10 PM
Are we starting to get lots of positive tests now that players kids have gone back to school?

Over the past couple of days 2 of my workmates have kids who are being tested due to schoolmates showing symptoms (not even the same school or town). We'll see how this pans out. :rolleyes:

04Sauzee
15-09-2020, 03:14 PM
Over the past couple of days 2 of my workmates have kids who are being tested due to schoolmates showing symptoms (not even the same school or town). We'll see how this pans out. :rolleyes:

Not so good hope they are Ok
Maybe im wrong but thought you should only get tested if you were showing symptoms and isolate if you had been in contact with someone who had tested positive?

Peevemor
15-09-2020, 03:25 PM
Not so good hope they are Ok
Maybe im wrong but thought you should only get tested if you were showing symptoms and isolate if you had been in contact with someone who had tested positive?

I think here in France different regions are dealing with things in different ways.

In both cases the symptoms are temperature & breathing difficulties. One's a toddler and the other's about 12-13. My workmate drops this girl off at the bus stop every morning along with her daughter.

04Sauzee
15-09-2020, 03:53 PM
I think here in France different regions are dealing with things in different ways.

In both cases the symptoms are temperature & breathing difficulties. One's a toddler and the other's about 12-13. My workmate drops this girl off at the bus stop every morning along with her daughter.

Apologies i didnt realise you were in France.
I hope the tests are negative and the little ones are OK.
Hope you are also staying safe.
Cheers

04Sauzee
16-09-2020, 11:25 AM
Hamilton Accies remain in lockdown. First team squad not training for second successive day. 3 Accies players tested positive for coronavirus.

Diclonius
16-09-2020, 04:17 PM
The "Covid lottery" is going to be an added factor this season.

hibbyfraelibby
16-09-2020, 04:35 PM
The "Covid lottery" is going to be an added factor this season.

Knowing our luck we'll get the the rollover week

B.H.F.C
16-09-2020, 04:42 PM
Knowing our luck we'll get the the rollover week

Aye, a couple of days before we play Hearts at Hampden.

Moulin Yarns
16-09-2020, 05:07 PM
The three Hamilton Academical players who tested positive for Covid-19 have now returned negative results after NHS screening.

https://t.co/fI4tacFE7h https://t.co/J3VkN8H5Pk

Billy Whizz
16-09-2020, 05:14 PM
The three Hamilton Academical players who tested positive for Covid-19 have now returned negative results after NHS screening.

What a mess, and they won’t be able to play for a bit now either

Keith_M
16-09-2020, 05:18 PM

I'm obviously no expert on this but, once they've tested negative twice in a row (after previously having a positive test), surely it means they are actually OK and there's no need for further restrictions?

04Sauzee
16-09-2020, 05:23 PM
I'm obviously no expert on this but, once they've tested negative twice in a row (after previously having a positive test), surely it means they are actually OK and there's no need for further restrictions?

Football bubbles seem to differ from normal life. Gogic returned negative tests but still had to isolate.

Keith_M
16-09-2020, 05:26 PM
Football bubbles seem to differ from normal life. Gogic returned negative tests but still had to isolate.

Yep, same situation but just as illogical.

Moulin Yarns
16-09-2020, 05:41 PM

There is obviously a problem with the private testing that is being picked up by the NHS test.

rotherhamrob
16-09-2020, 06:56 PM
It's a joke and will unfortunately keep happening as depending on cycles being run the false positives will be high.
I'm not sure why there isn't a universal rate at which they are run.
Any team could have this problem at anytime.

CMurdoch
16-09-2020, 11:25 PM

Breathing difficulties is not at all good.
Hope it all works out.