PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Porteous

PatHead
12-09-2020, 04:57 PM
Looked a dull one at the end of the game. Any update?

Golden Bear
12-09-2020, 05:00 PM
Looked a dull one at the end of the game. Any update?

I heard Jack Ross's post match interview and it was never mentioned. It looked like a back injury to me.

Billy Whizz
12-09-2020, 05:02 PM
I heard Jack Ross's post match interview and it was never mentioned. It looked like a back injury to me.

I thought he’d fallen on his arm

lord bunberry
12-09-2020, 05:04 PM
I thought he might just have been winded.

hibee_girl
12-09-2020, 05:05 PM

I thought the same

hibby rae
12-09-2020, 05:18 PM

Seemed to be screaming out in pain so dunno if that would be a winding.

neil7908
12-09-2020, 05:20 PM

Fingers crossed. Huge game coming up next weekend.

lord bunberry
12-09-2020, 05:20 PM
Seemed to be screaming out in pain so dunno if that would be a winding.
I thought he was just gasping for breathe, he’s not the sort to scream in pain. When he dislocated his knee he carried on playing.

Hibee Mac
12-09-2020, 05:26 PM
Yeh sounded a real sore one the way he was shouting, although I'm not sure if that was just noticed more due to lack of crowd.

Pretty sure it was that absolute chunk of a unit they brought on at the end, never a football player in a million years

CmoantheHibs
12-09-2020, 05:49 PM
Can't see how he could have been winded. If you're winded you can't get a breath never mind talk. He was screaming in pain. Hopefully just took a knock that was painful at the time and passed quickly with no damage.

hibby rae
12-09-2020, 05:49 PM
I thought he was just gasping for breathe, he’s not the sort to scream in pain. When he dislocated his knee he carried on playing.

Could be wrong, and hope I am wrong and you are right, but I'm sure I could hear him.

lord bunberry
12-09-2020, 05:51 PM
Could be wrong, and hope I am wrong and you are right, but I'm sure I could hear him.
A few people have said now that they could hear him which would suggest that he wasn’t just winded. Hopefully it’s nothing serious as he’s been excellent so far.

Hibs90
12-09-2020, 05:55 PM
EEN journo says he walked off the pitch unaided

Golden Bear
12-09-2020, 05:59 PM
EEN journo says he walked off the pitch unaided

Great news. Hopefully he was just winded after the heavy fall.

SingaporeHibs
12-09-2020, 06:03 PM
He did look in a lot of pain on the brief Bit they showed on TV and he isn’t the type to act out. Fingers crossed as he, along with the other defenders have been excellent so far this season.

ACLeith
12-09-2020, 06:48 PM
He was walking off ok so fingers crossed for next week’s 4-0 victory
⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Robbo6-2
12-09-2020, 06:51 PM
Hes been excellent this season so far. As has the whole of the back 4 to be honest.

ekhibee
12-09-2020, 07:40 PM
Thought he was extremely lucky not to concede a penalty, but he's been playing quite well this season so hope he's okay.

SMAXXA
12-09-2020, 07:44 PM
Should be in the Scotland squad imo. If we are bringing in the likes of McCrorie as a young keeper to help develop do the same with Porto as he’s miles ahead in his experience and closer to his defensive rivals in terms of ability. Infant he’s better than McKenna IMO, can’t help feel his couple of rash moments proceed him and mask his quality to those who don’t see him every week

neil7908
12-09-2020, 07:46 PM
Should be in the Scotland squad imo. If we are bringing in the likes of McCrorie as a young keeper to help develop do the same with Porto as he’s miles ahead in his experience and closer to his defensive rivals in terms of ability. Infant he’s better than McKenna IMO, can’t help feel his couple of rash moments proceed him and mask his quality to those who don’t see him every week

This form this season should really be getting noticed. He's at least on par, if not better than McKenna.

Callum_62
12-09-2020, 07:57 PM
The whole defence has been nothing sort of sublime this season

Hope he is OK as huge test next week

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

RitchieHibs
12-09-2020, 07:57 PM
Really hope Porto's okay. The defence picks itself these days. We need our best players available for next week. Looking forward to it after today's much improved performance.

Irish_Steve
12-09-2020, 08:03 PM
Thought he was extremely lucky not to concede a penalty, but he's been playing quite well this season so hope he's okay.

Whaddayamean, it was a brilliant clearance - he doesn't have much of a poker face tho lol

calumhibee1
12-09-2020, 08:36 PM
This form this season should really be getting noticed. He's at least on par, if not better than McKenna.

Yup. McKenna is absolutely rancid.

Hiber-nation
12-09-2020, 09:06 PM

Well he's actually not. One of Scotland's best players in the last 2 games.

I'd rather Porto wasn't in the national squad yet, still got some improving to do but he's coming on leaps and bounds this season. Hope he's ok for next week.

DH1875
12-09-2020, 09:09 PM

If McKenna is worth £10million then how much for Ryan.

supermcginn
12-09-2020, 09:12 PM

So I keep hearing. Somehow we have a shocking record against him since he's played for Aberdeen though. I wish he was playing for us.

supermcginn
12-09-2020, 09:14 PM

I'd rather Porto wasn't in the national squad yet, still got some improving to do but he's coming on leaps and bounds this season. Hope he's ok for next week.

Exactly, he's not pique but doesn't let many goals in.

inglisavhibs
12-09-2020, 09:14 PM
If McKenna is worth £10million then how much for Ryan.
McKenna is not worth £10m, maybe half that but he is a decent centre back. If Ryan keeps improving we will sell him for big bucks.

JohnM1875
12-09-2020, 09:15 PM
I love Porto as much as the next fan. But if there's anyone getting touted for a cap on the back of this season so far it's got to be Hanlon surely?

Porto has ability to exceed Hanlon, for sure. But personally I think Hanlon has been much better so far this season.

Edit: what a problem for Hibs to have! Two CB's playing well! It's been a while eh.

DH1875
12-09-2020, 09:20 PM
McKenna is not worth £10m, maybe half that but he is a decent centre back. If Ryan keeps improving we will sell him for big bucks.

I know that but what they value him at. Did they not knock back something ridiculous like £7million for him before.

RitchieHibs
12-09-2020, 09:24 PM

He'd learn a lot though by being merely part of the national squad. He wouldn't be first team pick until he's proved he's ready for it which could be some time ahead yet.. Ryan's bound to become a national first team pick at some point in the future and its a natural progression for him to make the step up by becoming part of the squad and learn whats expected at that level. It wouldn't harm him that's for certain and it would very probably help his footballing education.

Speedy
12-09-2020, 09:59 PM
I love Porto as much as the next fan. But if there's anyone getting touted for a cap on the back of this season so far it's got to be Hanlon surely?

Porto has ability to exceed Hanlon, for sure. But personally I think Hanlon has been much better so far this season.

Edit: what a problem for Hibs to have! Two CB's playing well! It's been a while eh.

Hanlon's problem is that we have more quality on the left side. What we need more is right sided players.

Also at 30 his time is running out at international level.

Souter96Mac
12-09-2020, 10:00 PM
Thought he strolled it today, not up against a great deal but he's been quality so far this season

FilipinoHibs
12-09-2020, 10:06 PM

Hanlon so experienced and reads the game so well. Composed and distribution has improved.

147lothian
12-09-2020, 10:21 PM
Good to hear JR saying in the post match interview that Ryan Porteous was just winded, the scare is over!

Since452
13-09-2020, 02:16 AM
Good to hear JR saying in the post match interview that Ryan Porteous was just winded, the scare is over!

Pleasing

SouthMoroccoStu
13-09-2020, 05:09 AM
And after today, he’s a great backup keeper...

calumhibee1
13-09-2020, 06:14 AM

Imo he is. I’ve never once watched McKenna and been impressed with him whether that’s for Scotland or Aberdeen. He’s a run of the mill Scottish Premiership centre half imo and I know that a lot of Aberdeen fans think the same.

Iain G
13-09-2020, 06:19 AM
And after today, he’s a great backup keeper...

And a dead cert for the Scottish volleyball team at the next commonwealth games 😁

Brightside
13-09-2020, 06:47 AM
He'd learn a lot though by being merely part of the national squad. He wouldn't be first team pick until he's proved he's ready for it which could be some time ahead yet.. Ryan's bound to become a national first team pick at some point in the future and its a natural progression for him to make the step up by becoming part of the squad and learn whats expected at that level. It wouldn't harm him that's for certain and it would very probably help his footballing education.

I’d wait until we have different coaches. I’d be worried he would regress going away with that squad now. He’s learning plenty from Paul. Long may that continue.

bigwheel
13-09-2020, 06:56 AM
I’d wait until we have different coaches. I’d be worried he would regress going away with that squad now. He’s learning plenty from Paul. Long may that continue.

A few days with Scotland is not going to cause any regression . training and playing with better players would only do him good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brightside
13-09-2020, 07:06 AM
A few days with Scotland is not going to cause any regression . training and playing with better players would only do him good.

You’d think so. But recent international performance would qn the level of coaching going on. Top class players appear to lose the majority of their ability.

bigwheel
13-09-2020, 07:19 AM
You’d think so. But recent international performance would qn the level of coaching going on. Top class players appear to lose the majority of their ability.

Nah, Clarke played in defence at a top level..would be a good relationship for Ryan. Equally, he’d have to up his game in training with the rest of the lads..he would enjoy it.

easty
13-09-2020, 07:52 AM
Nah, Clarke played in defence at a top level..would be a good relationship for Ryan. Equally, he’d have to up his game in training with the rest of the lads..he would enjoy it.

Terry Butcher played in defence at a top level...

neil7908
13-09-2020, 07:57 AM

Ryan needs to get used to dealing with different players and managers. I'm not overly impressed by the Scotland set up but he's a pretty mature guy and if he wants to advance his career, needs to be able to handle playing in less than ideal situations.

He's managed to keep growing under various Hibs managers so I think we can see he has a real maturity around him.

If he doesn't get a call up so be it but I think it would be a good experience for him.

bigwheel
13-09-2020, 08:29 AM
Terry Butcher played in defence at a top level...

Lol..yep, there are always exceptions to any point.....Butcher wasn’t assistant to Gullit, Mourinho and Dalglish

Porto would benefit from a Scotland call up...can’t think of any real argument against that...

Eyrie
13-09-2020, 09:43 AM
Unless Porteous is actually playing for Scotland, I'd prefer him to get game time with the u21s.

And I'm aware that he was impressed by his brief time with the senior squad.

hibeejeebies
13-09-2020, 11:34 AM
Whaddayamean, it was a brilliant clearance - he doesn't have much of a poker face tho lol

Haha yup looked guilty as sin.

Another composed performance tho. Delighted for him.

hibs#1
13-09-2020, 09:30 PM
Is a lot of McKennas perceived value not come from the fact he is a left footed centre back, not many of them around.

hibby rae
14-09-2020, 01:26 PM
Is a lot of McKennas perceived value not come from the fact he is a left footed centre back, not many of them around.

How much is down to spin from the club too? For exmple, when they were saying the valued him at at least £8m, around the time we sold McGinn.

hibby rae
14-09-2020, 01:28 PM
Was there anything said about how he was in the end or is it now a case of waiting for the next JR pre-match interview?

AugustaHibs
14-09-2020, 01:38 PM
Was there anything said about how he was in the end or is it now a case of waiting for the next JR pre-match interview?

JR said post match he was just winded and was fine once in the changing room

w pilton hibby
14-09-2020, 01:40 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-defender-ryan-porteous-fine-after-injury-scare-against-st-mirren-2970808

Brightside
14-09-2020, 01:50 PM
JR said post match he was just winded and was fine once in the changing room

Yep just winded and apparently the players ripped the piss out of him for his crying. :greengrin

one day maybe...
14-09-2020, 01:56 PM
Yep just winded and apparently the players ripped the piss out of him for his crying. :greengrin

Having been winded a few times playing football it’s not funny at the time �� think you’re never gonna grab a breath... Funny after it though ��

hibs#1
14-09-2020, 06:09 PM
How much is down to spin from the club too? For exmple, when they were saying the valued him at at least £8m, around the time we sold McGinn.

Aye would also play a big part yes.