PDA

View Full Version : Murphy

smithy_hibees
12-09-2020, 04:00 PM
Thought he played well today.. think this could turn out to be good bit of business

04Sauzee
12-09-2020, 04:03 PM
Looks after the ball very well, will only get better

Vault Boy
12-09-2020, 04:04 PM
Looks after the ball very well and has a lovely touch. Will only get better, but thought he was decent today.

Since452
12-09-2020, 04:06 PM
Upgrade on Horgan

IvanSproule
12-09-2020, 04:10 PM
His shoulder drop is kaka-esque.

Unseen work
12-09-2020, 04:11 PM
Never offered much attacking threat but what I liked about him was his composure and he didn’t/rarely gave the ball away.

Sounds basic but it makes a big difference as we can build on our possession and start dominating the game.

He will get better and sharper too.

Also played a fantastic Scott Allan esque ball to Boyle in the first 10 minutes which if his touch was better could have been a goal.

CapitalGreen
12-09-2020, 04:12 PM
We have been crying out for a midfielder who is comfortable in possession and can retain the ball under pressure so he is a welcome addition.

Billy Whizz
12-09-2020, 04:16 PM
Looks a clever player, we’ll miss him next week

bingo70
12-09-2020, 04:25 PM
Looks after the ball very well and has a lovely touch. Will only get better, but thought he was decent today.

Sounds like Glenn Middleton.

We played well today and he played a part in that. I thought he was alright. Ideally though I’m looking for more from a winger than a lovely touch and looking after the ball well.

PatHead
12-09-2020, 04:26 PM
Looks a clever player, we’ll miss him next week

I had forgotten he would be out next week.

Magpie
12-09-2020, 04:26 PM
Will turn out to be a contender for player of the year imo

Billy Whizz
12-09-2020, 04:27 PM

We played well today and he played a part in that. I thought he was alright. Ideally though I’m looking for more from a winger than a lovely touch and looking after the ball well.

You’re hard to please, 1st start of the season, and I enjoyed his performance, especially in the 2nd half
Thought him and Doig linked up well

Centre Hawf
12-09-2020, 04:30 PM
Thought he was okay without being overly outstanding. Will take a few weeks to get up to speed I imagine but today was a decent start from hm.

04Sauzee
12-09-2020, 04:31 PM

Sounds like Middleton but played nothing like him. Just as well as he had a good game

Hibs90
12-09-2020, 04:33 PM
Upgrade on Horgan

No

bingo70
12-09-2020, 04:34 PM
You’re hard to please, 1st start of the season, and I enjoyed his performance, especially in the 2nd half

Not at all, I thought Hibs were excellent today. Really enjoyed watching them.

If you’re drilling down into each individuals performance though I thought Murphy was alright. Nothing special, did a job though.

I watched it on my phone with no sound and no shortage of distractions so if I’m wrong then it’s absolutely fine with me, I just don’t remember him beating a man or getting a shot on goal. The fact people are taking about him having a nice touch and looking after the ball well suggests I was right.

I remember having identical conversations about Glenn Middleton after his first game or two, think he got 2 assists in those first 2 games as well.

CapitalGreen
12-09-2020, 04:39 PM

We’ve got an out-and-out winger in Boyle. We don’t need 2, especially when playing 2 up front as we’d be woefully exposed in the middle. Murphy did well coming infield to support the midfield while Doig overlapped to provide the width.

Iain G
12-09-2020, 04:41 PM
His shoulder drop is kaka-esque.

I read that as kafka-esque which took me to a whole other place!

bingo70
12-09-2020, 04:44 PM
We’ve got an out-and-out winger in Boyle. We don’t need 2, especially when playing 2 up front as we’d be woefully exposed in the middle. Murphy did well coming infield to support the midfield while Doig overlapped to provide the width.

He did fine today, he was alright, I’m not saying he was poor.

In 6 months time if all we’ve had from him is performances like that though then I won’t be the only one looking for more.

Did he create any chances today? I can’t remember any. Making space for the full back is fine but as time goes on he’ll need to offer more himself. Imo of course.

Fanforlife
12-09-2020, 04:58 PM
He did fine today, he was alright, I’m not saying he was poor.

In 6 months time if all we’ve had from him is performances like that though then I won’t be the only one looking for more.

Did he create any chances today? I can’t remember any. Making space for the full back is fine but as time goes on he’ll need to offer more himself. Imo of course.He played a great ball to Boyle from which Boyle should have, could have scored.

ahibby
12-09-2020, 05:40 PM
He played a great ball to Boyle from which Boyle should have, could have scored.

I have to eat my words he is looking all round best for us in mid today. Full of composure. I know Newel had a good game but can still occassionaly be slack. Murphy on the oyherhand composed but never slack today therefore an improvement.

SMAXXA
12-09-2020, 07:47 PM
No

Yes

He will be more consistent over the course therefore offering more than Horgan would and I liked Horgan btw he was just to inconsistent

hibee316
12-09-2020, 08:19 PM

Did you not see him turn into a giant dung-beatle half way through the first half??

Clarence
13-09-2020, 08:36 AM

Nah, Ross was asked if he needed more time to run the rule over Murphy but he said there was no need for The Trial.

JimBHibees
13-09-2020, 09:32 AM
No

Yes

JimBHibees
13-09-2020, 09:37 AM

Yes he was good and was really good link between newel and Doig no coincidence both had their best games for a while. More consistent upgrade than Daryl imo and more of a goal threat. Annoying he can't play next week

HendoDelivered
13-09-2020, 01:27 PM
No

Aye