PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross interview

Cat Stanton
12-09-2020, 01:54 PM
Apologies if already posted elsewhere - really interesting interview with Jack Ross in The Scotsman today. Lots of stuff I didn't know about him.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-and-fashion-lover-jack-ross-being-dressed-success-and-his-dream-managing-scotland-2969396

ano hibby
13-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Quite an interesting read thanks for sharing

hibeejeebies
13-09-2020, 10:57 AM
Apologies if already posted elsewhere - really interesting interview with Jack Ross in The Scotsman today. Lots of stuff I didn't know about him.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-and-fashion-lover-jack-ross-being-dressed-success-and-his-dream-managing-scotland-2969396

Thanks for posting, really enjoyable read.

FilipinoHibs
13-09-2020, 11:14 AM
Great read. Interesting guy. Thanks for sharing.

banchoryhibs
13-09-2020, 11:29 AM
I firmly believe that we are very lucky to have Jack Ross as our manager. That interview shows that we have a very smart man as well as one who is putting a good footballing team on the pitch.

1van Sprou7e
13-09-2020, 11:32 AM
Good to hear that he is intent on making us play exciting attacking football eventually

Though of course talk is cheap, hopefully he's actually able to achieve it soon

H18 SFR
13-09-2020, 11:33 AM
I didn’t realise that he is still commuting from Northumberland for work.

That can’t be easy.

flash
13-09-2020, 11:33 AM
Good to hear that he is intent on making us play exciting attacking football eventually

Though of course talk is cheap, hopefully he's actually able to achieve it soon

Was exciting enough yesterday.

Billy Whizz
13-09-2020, 11:38 AM

That can’t be easy.

Probably quicker on the train, than coming from Glasgow by car

The Captain....
13-09-2020, 11:55 AM
I firmly believe that we are very lucky to have Jack Ross as our manager. That interview shows that we have a very smart man as well as one who is putting a good footballing team on the pitch.

Yep..I think hes the right man at the right time.

Been impressed by how he has identified improving how we defend as a team and addressed it by using mostly the resources that were already available to him.

Brendan Rogers seems to have a high opinion of him also..not sure how many coaches working in Scotland he has that opinion of but its interesting all the same.

I still think there is room for improvement in some areas with this team..which is exciting as we are producing good results most weeks atm. Belief/mentaility and balance between midfield being compact and supporting attack are the main areas I think we can get better. Still relatively early days for Jack so look forward to watching him develop the team/squad.

jacomo
13-09-2020, 12:32 PM
Reinforces my view that we’ve got a good one here.

There will be bumps in the road - and if Jack is turning the team into one that plays 442 by default, it will take a little time - but we need to stick with it. We have made a very good start to the season.

Iggy Pope
13-09-2020, 12:34 PM
Probably quicker on the train, than coming from Glasgow by car

Don’t bet on it.

CmoantheHibs
13-09-2020, 12:57 PM
I enjoyed that. Good article and a bit more creative than the usual interviews. Found it interesting that he doesn’t feel enough of our players question things. I’d imagine JR places a high importance on strength of character as a quality which is something Hibs teams in the past have been accused of lacking.

offshorehibby
13-09-2020, 01:02 PM
That was a good read and an insight to JR. Like a few have said i think we have a good manager there and he will be here for a few years. Although some need to give him a chance and stop throwing the toys out the pram when we have a bad result. Building a good strong team takes time.

JimBHibees
13-09-2020, 02:38 PM

That can’t be easy.

Wee bit unnecessary to say where he stays imo.

lord bunberry
13-09-2020, 03:52 PM
Why is that?

JimBHibees
13-09-2020, 03:58 PM
Why is that?

Just think wee bit too specific

H18 SFR
13-09-2020, 04:04 PM

Yeah, I know. I had a look at properties for sale there, let’s just say I fully understand why he hasn’t relocated. Stunning area!

Crab apple
13-09-2020, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I know. I had a look at properties for sale there, let’s just say I fully understand why he hasn’t relocated. Stunning area!

It’s a really nice area. Quite a few footballers in nearby Ponteland, which is also pretty nice.

lord bunberry
13-09-2020, 04:13 PM
Just think wee bit too specific
It was maybe already public knowledge, but I’ve never heard of it anyway :greengrin

Since452
13-09-2020, 04:27 PM
Scotland can bugger off

Lago
13-09-2020, 04:32 PM

Thanks for posting well worth a read, kind of get the impression that he is firmly focused on managing down South again at some point. An ambitious man.

H18 SFR
13-09-2020, 04:33 PM
Scotland can bugger off

I’d be more worried about another English team. If he’s prepared to commute that distance then he could go pretty far the other direction.

PatHead
13-09-2020, 04:39 PM
Great article and insight into him.

I liked his comment about questioning everything and not enough players questioning him. It shows we still need a couple of leaders.

ancient hibee
13-09-2020, 04:42 PM
A long day with 4 hours in the car.

hibeejeebies
13-09-2020, 05:16 PM
A long day with 4 hours in the car.

Defo got Longbangers on 😁

Vault Boy
13-09-2020, 05:21 PM
I read recently that he's got a Masters in Economics. He's certainly a doer.

H18 SFR
13-09-2020, 05:23 PM
I read recently that he's got a Masters in Economics. He's certainly a doer.

I’m sure it’s an undergrad degree but still awesome.

Vault Boy
13-09-2020, 05:28 PM
I’m sure it’s an undergrad degree but still awesome.

Yeah you're right, it's an MA!

Is that an exclusively Scottish title? It confused me and I took it as a MSc. :greengrin

We've probably not had many managers who took a university route, however the last two certainly have.

One Day
13-09-2020, 05:52 PM
Interesting read

Greenbeard
13-09-2020, 06:59 PM
And very much liked his post-match interview on Hibs TV. Full of praise for the players, the togetherness of the squad and bright future. All very positive but in a level-headed feet-on-the-ground sensible way, not the unrealistic false praise that Lennon gave sometimes just to counter potential criticism.