PDA

View Full Version : Bellerin & Forest Green

DaveF
08-09-2020, 07:53 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54069376

Seems like a good guy. Maybe he could invest in is as his Scottish interest if we up our 'green' initiative's.

Pagan Hibernia
08-09-2020, 09:50 AM
He can buy some shares off Ron if he wants... HSL’s aren’t for sale :greengrin

in all seriousness, FGR fascinate me and I intend a visit to their ground when time and money permits. I would assume most of Hibs green initiatives that were announced earlier this year are probably on ice given the circumstances

G15 Hibs
08-09-2020, 10:12 AM
I understand they only sell vegan food in the ground. I'm out.

Keith_M
08-09-2020, 10:13 AM

Me anaw.

Coffee with Soy Milk? Pull the udder one.

Pagan Hibernia
08-09-2020, 10:17 AM

same. I’d take the crap pies on offer at Easter road every day before I’d consider going vegan

a lot of the other stuff they do is pretty admirable imo

hibby rae
08-09-2020, 10:21 AM
same. I’d take the crap pies on offer at Easter road every day before I’d consider going vegan

Really? Some vegan stuff is top notch. Open your mind (and your stomach!) 😀

Iain G
08-09-2020, 11:05 AM

Am always interested in why a huge number of people seem so strongly anti-Vegan (and I don't mean to direct this at you at all in this but just replying to your comment!) as if its an attack on a way of life or some horrific crime?!

Am quite partial to the Greggs vegan sausage roll now! :greengrin

Dalianwanda
08-09-2020, 11:11 AM
Am always interested in why a huge number of people seem so strongly anti-Vegan (and I don't mean to direct this at you at all in this but just replying to your comment!) as if its an attack on a way of life or some horrific crime?!

I switched this year and so glad i did...My sausage rolls are head and shoulders above any non plant based ive tried (and i loved an animal based ones in the past)

Each to their own though 😎

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2020, 11:43 AM

Same – I'm not vegan but I eat a lot of vegan food. Some of it's nice, some of it's not, just like all food.

Oscar T Grouch
08-09-2020, 11:48 AM
Veganism is the future or lab produced meat protein or insect protein. We certainly cannot sustain they way we grow meat at the moment, it uses too much water which is becoming a rarer resource every year we move forward.

Keith_M
08-09-2020, 11:48 AM

It's for religious reasons...

"Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things." (King James Bible)

So, if you don't eat meat, you're committing a serious sin against god and, obviously, you'll go to hell.

:stirrer:

Monts
08-09-2020, 11:59 AM

"Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things." (King James Bible)

So, if you don't eat meat, you're committing a serious sin against god and, obviously, you'll go to hell.

So God is ok with cannibalism? :paranoid:

Keith_M
08-09-2020, 12:03 PM

Well, according to the King James version, it appears so.

:greengrin

Keith_M
08-09-2020, 12:08 PM
And if you want the view of our most esteemed National Poet...

“Some hae meat and canna eat,
And some wad eat that want it,
But we hae meat and we can eat,
And sae the Lord be thankit.”

Here endeth ma pot stirring ;-)

surreyhibbie
08-09-2020, 12:15 PM
I had Vegan Thai in Camden a few years ago.

Very tasty, and inexpensive.

Doesn't half make you fart though...

Pagan Hibernia
08-09-2020, 12:28 PM

certainly no attack from me on anyone or anyone’s way of life. There is a lot to be said for veganism in terms of caring for the environment, and if people enjoy the food that’s even better.

I just can’t imagine giving up meat. I’m selfish but it’s one of my favourite pleasures in life.

Iain G
08-09-2020, 12:28 PM

I shall add it to the list of crimes against fictional constructs invented to control the masses then :greengrin:wink:

ozhibs
08-09-2020, 12:42 PM
Veganism is the future or lab produced meat protein or insect protein. We certainly cannot sustain they way we grow meat at the moment, it uses too much water which is becoming a rarer resource every year we move forward.

You are unfortunately correct it will get to a stage where meat protein will be unsustainable. I hope I’m long gone by then 😂😂
GGTTH

G15 Hibs
08-09-2020, 12:49 PM
Am always interested in why a huge number of people seem so strongly anti-Vegan as if its an attack on a way of life or some horrific crime?!

Essentially, yes

Eyrie
08-09-2020, 05:32 PM

Fortunately I'm an atheist so I can't go to hell.

Keith_M
08-09-2020, 05:34 PM
I shall add it to the list of crimes against fictional constructs invented to control the masses then :greengrin:wink:

You do that, Mr G.

:wink:

Oscar T Grouch
09-09-2020, 03:40 PM

He is also okay with incest and rape and infanticide and genocide etc, but cannibalism is frowned upon even in the old testament where schrödinger's cat morals exist, where things are both bad and good depending which book you're reading at the time :greengrin

Northernhibee
09-09-2020, 04:14 PM
My partners personal trainer recently challenged her to go vegan for a week and as I do the cooking in the house, that meant I went vegan for a week too. As soon as my body got used to the large intake in fibre I noticed a difference by the end of the week - not bloated, decent energy, slept well and lost a bit of weight too.

We're planning to do five days a week of vegan food, which allows for something with cheese or meat if we need it at some point during the week. Was only a week that we were doing that but it was cheaper, healthier, just as tasty and really easy to make curries, chili and things like that with tinned lentils, beans etc.

Definitely won't be going back to a predominantly meat based diet.

hibby rae
09-09-2020, 07:51 PM
My partners personal trainer recently challenged her to go vegan for a week and as I do the cooking in the house, that meant I went vegan for a week too. As soon as my body got used to the large intake in fibre I noticed a difference by the end of the week - not bloated, decent energy, slept well and lost a bit of weight too.

We're planning to do five days a week of vegan food, which allows for something with cheese or meat if we need it at some point during the week. Was only a week that we were doing that but it was cheaper, healthier, just as tasty and really easy to make curries, chili and things like that with tinned lentils, beans etc.

I stopped eating meat last November and I'd say I'm 80/90% vegan these days. Still like a bit of cheese, although a lot of the vegan stuff is no bad, but get plant-based butter and prefer soya milk to dairy.

It was an ethical decision really, I was never comfortable with a love and affection for animals and then eating them. But that is just me, I respecr other's right to choose differently.

I completely agree about sleeping better. Very rare for me to not sleep well and physically and mentally I feel better too.

Glory Lurker
09-09-2020, 08:03 PM
Is Doidge vegan?

Is It On....
09-09-2020, 09:44 PM
I had Vegan Thai in Camden a few years ago.

Very tasty, and inexpensive.

Doesn't half make you fart though...

I prefer the Argentinian steakhouse beside Koko

G15 Hibs
10-09-2020, 09:32 AM
I prefer the Argentinian steakhouse beside Koko

Is the Blues Kitchen still on the go? Some mighty non-vegan options in there.

Sammy7nil
10-09-2020, 09:44 PM
Fortunately I'm an atheist so I can't go to hell.

Only if your right :greengrin:wink:

Eyrie
10-09-2020, 09:52 PM
Only if your right :greengrin:wink:

If I'm wrong, I'll get kicked out of both places for asking too many awkward questions :greengrin

Closest I'll get to Heaven was 2016 and Hell was 2012.

Pagan Hibernia
12-01-2021, 08:47 PM

wandering_hibee
12-01-2021, 08:58 PM
Been vegan for around 20 years, never thought about reverting to meat or dairy. Biggest change last few years is number of places that offer a vegan option. Sorry wasted enough of folks time.

gbhibby
12-01-2021, 10:18 PM
Is a macaroni pie OK for a vegan?

bigwheel
12-01-2021, 10:27 PM

No....unless it was vegan cheese and milk making the cheese sauce.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scott Allan Key
13-01-2021, 12:58 AM

Definitely won't be going back to a predominantly meat based diet.I like this lifestyle. Would like to do the same.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
13-01-2021, 01:04 AM

Sorry mate but no. Dairy products like milk and cheese are a no-no.

cheltenhamhibee
13-01-2021, 12:41 PM
F*** Forest Green
COYR :faf:

Hibbyradge
13-01-2021, 12:46 PM
If I'm wrong, I'll get kicked out of both places for asking too many awkward questions :greengrin

Closest I'll get to Heaven was 2016 and Hell was 2012.

https://youtu.be/VrwIs10XvKA

Alex Trager
13-01-2021, 12:53 PM
certainly no attack from me on anyone or anyone’s way of life. There is a lot to be said for veganism in terms of caring for the environment, and if people enjoy the food that’s even better.

I just can’t imagine giving up meat. I’m selfish but it’s one of my favourite pleasures in life.

Tbf you wouldn’t be giving up meat by visiting FGR’s ground once in your life.

Just giving it up for 2 hours haha.

I dono why that would put anyone off visiting the ground.

I’d bet the food is top notch. Better than any vegan alternative served up currently in ER.

P.s. I dono if it was you that originally said you wouldn’t attend the ground because of that.

basehibby
13-01-2021, 12:55 PM
You are unfortunately correct it will get to a stage where meat protein will be unsustainable. I hope I’m long gone by then 😂😂
GGTTH

But ... but ... what happens to all the coos and bulls and wee sheepies once we stop eating them :confused:

Presumably under a moral construct which says it's wrong to kill them they'll just be allowed to wander the earth and multiply - and STILL fart a lot and drink loads of water - what THEN???

AgentDaleCooper
13-01-2021, 12:56 PM
F*** Forest Green
COYR :faf:

BOOOOOOO

Proud to say i watched FGR on the day they were promoted to the conference about 22 years ago.

lord bunberry
14-01-2021, 08:48 AM

I tried it for a few weeks and I quite liked it as well. The thing that put me off was I found cooking the meals quite time consuming. I don’t finish work till 6pm and wasn’t eating till 8pm.

superfurryhibby
14-01-2021, 09:32 AM
I tried it for a few weeks and I quite liked it as well. The thing that put me off was I found cooking the meals quite time consuming. I don’t finish work till 6pm and wasn’t eating till 8pm.

That must be a long journey home or maybe you’re being regularly abducted by aliens:wink:

Cooking Vegan food is no different to cooking anything else, I can be in the door and have a pot of soup, tasty curry or whatever on my plate from scratch within 45 minutes.

The future is Vegan.

lord bunberry
14-01-2021, 09:39 AM
That must be a long journey home or maybe you’re being regularly abducted by aliens:wink:

Cooking Vegan food is no different to cooking anything else, I can be in the door and have a pot of soup, tasty curry or whatever on my plate from scratch within 45 minutes.

The future is Vegan.
Those aliens are a nightmare round here :greengrin. Maybe with time it would be quicker, but I was having to do everything from a cookbook. In time I’d probably be able do my own thing and make things a lot quicker. I had baked potato one night and that was really quick:greengrin

Lancs Harp
14-01-2021, 08:19 PM
In the world of labelling I discovered where Im at recently "flexitarian" eats a fair bit of vegetarian meals but still dabbles with meat and fish but in the case of meat nowhere near as much as I used to. Cant and dont want to live without seafood.