PDA

View Full Version : If Scotland had to do a Czech

Dr What If?
07-09-2020, 06:08 PM
Somewhere in a far distant reality the entire Scotland squad have potentially been infected by the same bug and have had to quarantine. The SFA did everything they could to get the game called off via the medium of twitter but all in vain. Now we need a new manager and a whole new squad for this one game.....who do we pick? We'll here's my shot, trying to avoid those who are not in the real squad through injury.....

Manager - K Dalgleish (never understood why he never took this gig for real, maybe as a one off. As a sub note I know he's nearly 70 but could he still do a job on the park?

Keeper
S Bain (thought he did alright at Celtic, don't think he deserved to loose his place)

Defence
R McCrorie (guess we know all about this lad, bit early in his Dons career but looks promising and did well on loan last year I hear)
R Porteous (already an U21 cap and in an area we struggle....might get too excited and get sent off)
P Hanlon (does the basics well and knows his job - under rated in my opinion)
D Harvie (ton of games for Ayr paying of in a move to MK Dons, kid had potenial)

Midfield
A Campbell (a few on here would love to see this guy at Hibs, they aren't alone)
B Gilmour (he plays for Chelsea and doesn't look out of place, not a bad B squad player to call on)
J Harper (a lot of hype around this lad at one time, still plays in a very tough league)
C Burke (we need some experience and what a start to the season)
D Turnbull (why is he not in the real squad?)

Forwards
S Fletcher (a bit more experience and unlucky to not be in the main squad)

Don't think it looks too bad, I guess if the Czechs have done a similar job it must be why they are so confident.

Fuzzywuzzy
07-09-2020, 06:12 PM
BBC did one with Gordon and the hickey. Don't think they had one Hibs player

brianmc
07-09-2020, 06:13 PM
Why not put players in the position they play for their clubs?

Unless of course you're trying to be funny and it's a "woooooosshh" moment for me?

Personally, I'd rather Scotland retired from international football.

H18S NX
07-09-2020, 06:28 PM
Still probably be celtic/rangers reserves

TheGog
07-09-2020, 07:35 PM
Surely Allan gets in a 3rd scotland team

Speedy
07-09-2020, 07:47 PM
Somewhere in a far distant reality the entire Scotland squad have potentially been infected by the same bug and have had to quarantine. The SFA did everything they could to get the game called off via the medium of twitter but all in vain. Now we need a new manager and a whole new squad for this one game.....who do we pick? We'll here's my shot, trying to avoid those who are not in the real squad through injury.....

Manager - K Dalgleish (never understood why he never took this gig for real, maybe as a one off. As a sub note I know he's nearly 70 but could he still do a job on the park?

Keeper
S Bain (thought he did alright at Celtic, don't think he deserved to loose his place)

Defence
R McCrorie (guess we know all about this lad, bit early in his Dons career but looks promising and did well on loan last year I hear)
R Porteous (already an U21 cap and in an area we struggle....might get too excited and get sent off)
D Harvie (ton of games for Ayr paying of in a move to MK Dons, kid had potenial)

Midfield
A Campbell (a few on here would love to see this guy at Hibs, they aren't alone)
B Gilmour (he plays for Chelsea and doesn't look out of place, not a bad B squad player to call on)
J Harper (a lot of hype around this lad at one time, still plays in a very tough league)

Forwards

Don't think it looks too bad, I guess if the Czechs have done a similar job it must be why they are so confident.

Was Fletcher unlucky or did he not make himself available. Surely still good enough to be in the squad given lack of strikers

neil7908
07-09-2020, 07:50 PM

His place in the Hibs team is in question at the moment, no way he's near a Scotland jersey in any capacity.

DH1875
07-09-2020, 08:07 PM

Not on current form.

EI255
07-09-2020, 08:11 PM
This Scotland team are MURDER.

Clarke is useless. And clueless.

Dear oh dear, Calum Patterson has come on. Didn't even think he was still playing for Cardiff!

Wow!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Speedy
07-09-2020, 10:07 PM
Bain

McGinn Hanley Hanlon Doig

Turnbull Henderson Gilmour

Russell Shankland Fraser

(Never seen Hornby but he must be worth a shout given lack of forwards)

DH1875
07-09-2020, 10:39 PM
Bain

McGinn Hanley Hanlon Doig

Turnbull Henderson Gilmour

Russell Shankland Fraser

(Never seen Hornby but he must be worth a shout given lack of forwards)

Shankland would have been in the squad if it wasn't for injury.

HoboHarry
08-09-2020, 01:57 AM
[QUOTE=Raymond Weil;6293043]Somewhere in a far distant reality the entire Scotland squad have potentially been infected by the same bug and have had to quarantine. The SFA did everything they could to get the game called off via the medium of twitter but all in vain. Now we need a new manager and a whole new squad for this one game.....who do we pick? We'll here's my shot, trying to avoid those who are not in the real squad through injury.....

Keeper

Defence

Midfield

Forwards

Don't think it looks too bad, I guess if the Czechs have done a similar job it must be why they are so confident.[/QUOTE

Joe Harper wasn't that mobile in his heyday, and he must be in his 70's now.......

TheGog
08-09-2020, 03:54 AM
His place in the Hibs team is in question at the moment, no way he's near a Scotland jersey in any capacity.

No doubt about that he's been below average this season, but Scott Allan gets in 3rd scotland team hands down, not a first not a second but certainly a 3rd come on troops

Mcpakeisgod
08-09-2020, 04:05 AM
Was Fletcher unlucky or did he not make himself available. Surely still good enough to be in the squad given lack of strikers

Was listening to a podcast with Steve Clarke a few weeks ago. Last time they spoke fletcher wanted to focus on his club football. He said they hadn’t spoken since.

Rumble de Thump
08-09-2020, 04:31 AM
Try picking a team without any players in our under 21 squad.

Leitherhibs
08-09-2020, 08:25 AM
Gordon

McCrorie
Porteous
Kerr

P Bardsley
Ferguson
Turnbull
Campbell
B Douglas

Griffiths
R Fraser

And that's still better than most of the XI's that Levein picked during his tenure.

hibby rae
08-09-2020, 10:25 AM
BBC did one with Gordon and the hickey. Don't think they had one Hibs player

Saw that. Picked by Billy Dodds. He had Naismith up top as well, despite having not played since March.

I would have thought, given the short notice, it would make sense to pick players who know each other/have played together. For that reason, along with their great record, it would make sense to pick Hanlon and Porteous to play together.

DH1875
08-09-2020, 10:47 AM
Gordon

McCrorie
Porteous
Kerr

P Bardsley
Ferguson
Turnbull
Campbell
B Douglas

Griffiths
R Fraser

And that's still better than most of the XI's that Levein picked during his tenure.

Do you not think if Leigh was fit he would have been in the squad.

vercol36
08-09-2020, 10:54 AM

Keeper

Defence

Midfield

Forwards

Great idea for a thread Raymond, but sadly not one I can contribute much towards as I only really keep up-to-date with Hibs at the moment. I'd agree with your comments re. Hanlon and Porteous, and think they'd be shoo-ins for the 'Covid 11'.

I'd consider putting Nisbet in the team :thumbsup:

hibbyfraelibby
09-09-2020, 11:18 AM
Great idea for a thread Raymond, but sadly not one I can contribute much towards as I only really keep up-to-date with Hibs at the moment. I'd agree with your comments re. Hanlon and Porteous, and think they'd be shoo-ins for the 'Covid 11'.

I'd consider putting Nisbet in the team :thumbsup:

Agree re Nisbet, him and Shankland up front and if we went to a back 3 I'd include Joelle Murray😊

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2020, 06:24 PM

Keeper

Defence

Midfield

Forwards

The King is Dalglish 😁 please spell his name correctly.

Dr What If?
09-09-2020, 06:30 PM
The King is Dalglish 😁 please spell his name correctly.

Head hung in shame....still pretty sure he could do a job in a Scotland shirt :agree:

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2020, 07:05 PM
Head hung in shame....still pretty sure he could do a job in a Scotland shirt :agree:

😁Stick him in the centre circle playing through balls.

HoboHarry
09-09-2020, 07:06 PM
😁Stick him in the centre circle playing through balls.

You're on the Wright lines with that idea.....