PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren game

Pages : [1] 2 3

H18 SFR
05-09-2020, 04:24 PM
After the disappointment of last weekend, I’m now ready and looking forward to the St Mirren game next weekend. It will be a tough game, looking for a positive reaction from us and 3 points.

Billy Whizz
05-09-2020, 04:24 PM
After the disappointment of last weekend, I’m now ready and looking forward to the St Mirren game next weekend. It will be a tough game, looking for a positive reaction from us and 3 points.

Are they offering a PPV option

H18 SFR
05-09-2020, 05:33 PM
Yes, I believe they are. They were on the list at the start of season on here.

HH81
05-09-2020, 06:15 PM
Any idea on price etc?

Sir David Gray
05-09-2020, 07:10 PM
Any idea on price etc?

£12.50.

HH81
06-09-2020, 07:07 AM
£12.50.

Cheers. Had a mental block thought it was at home and don't remember Hibs announcing home PPV games.

I am away next weekend but will buy it at the place I'm staying. Cheers.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2020, 07:59 AM
Cheers. Had a mental block thought it was at home and don't remember Hibs announcing home PPV games.

I am away next weekend but will buy it at the place I'm staying. Cheers.

No problem, yeah Hibs haven't announced any PPV pricing yet, our first potential offering isn't until 2nd October so still time.

Billy Whizz
06-09-2020, 08:04 AM
When is Gogic allowed to start training with the team again

JimBHibees
06-09-2020, 08:15 AM
When is Gogic allowed to start training with the team again

Think he was to self isolate for 10 days so Thursday would be my guess.

Keith_M
06-09-2020, 08:19 AM

That's just stupid.

Guy gets tested negative twice in a row and still has to isolate.

aljo7-0
06-09-2020, 08:44 AM
That's just stupid.

Yup. Lunacy but if that is the protocol he has to do it I guess

Sir David Gray
06-09-2020, 08:44 AM

Was his "positive" test not Friday 28th? If so would it not be from Tuesday?

JimBHibees
06-09-2020, 08:45 AM
That's just stupid.

Absolutely makes no sense.

JimBHibees
06-09-2020, 08:46 AM
Was his "positive" test not Friday 28th? If so would it not be from Tuesday?

Hope that is the case.

Keith_M
06-09-2020, 09:22 AM
£12.50.

A lot more reasonable price than what Livi were charging.

Eyrie
06-09-2020, 09:38 AM
A lot more reasonable price than what Livi were charging.

I thought £20 was expensive and nearly didn't bother, but it turned out to be good value.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2020, 10:24 AM
I thought £20 was expensive and nearly didn't bother, but it turned out to be good value.

I think they were quite right to protect the value of their season tickets.

I hope we do the same.

HendoDelivered
06-09-2020, 11:57 AM
Marciano

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon

Boyle
Goga
Murphy (AM)
Mallan
Doig

Doidge
Nisbet

Leitherhibs
06-09-2020, 12:04 PM
Rocky

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Gogic
Hallberg
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

The Modfather
06-09-2020, 01:17 PM
I think they were quite right to protect the value of their season tickets.

I hope we do the same.

I think Livi are profiteering first and foremost rather than looking to protect their season ticket holders. Particularly when you look at Dundee Utd, Killie, St Mirren & Motherwell all charging £12/£12.50. Even St Johnstone are £2.50 cheaper at £17.50.

Clubs should have agreed a set price across the board IMO. Despite being a season ticket holders I’d like to see Hibs charging around the £12.50 mark.

JohnMcM
06-09-2020, 01:31 PM
£12.50.

That's more than reasonable. I wonder what we will need to do to be able to watch. The PPV Livi was pretty straightforward as I recall.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2020, 03:18 PM
I think Livi are profiteering first and foremost rather than looking to protect their season ticket holders. Particularly when you look at Dundee Utd, Killie, St Mirren & Motherwell all charging £12/£12.50. Even St Johnstone are £2.50 cheaper at £17.50.

Clubs should have agreed a set price across the board IMO. Despite being a season ticket holders I’d like to see Hibs charging around the £12.50 mark.

Fair enough, based on an earlier discussion on this subject I understand the majority agree with you.

I just think PPV viewers are already getting a great deal with it being a normal matchday price. If it's £20 then a lot of people won't be watching it on their own, they'll be sharing the cost with maybe two or three others. They'll still be getting it cheaper than adult season ticket holders who have obviously paid even more than that price on their own but I still think that's a good compromise.

Making it £10 or whatever for PPV seriously undervalues the cost of a season ticket.

cabbageandribs1875
07-09-2020, 05:59 PM
well done st.mirren charging a very fair price :agree:

and no doubt still making a profit

Since452
08-09-2020, 09:28 AM
Glad we're back to the real stuff. Expecting 3 points with Gogic and Nisbet back

Souter96Mac
08-09-2020, 10:13 AM
Glad we're back to the real stuff. Expecting 3 points with Gogic and Nisbet back

Huge having both of them back this one. We need to pick up 3 points from this, especially with having the 2 uglies up next

Leitherhibs
08-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Has Nisbet been training do we know?

B.H.F.C
08-09-2020, 10:29 AM
Huge having both of them back this one. We need to pick up 3 points from this, especially with having the 2 uglies up next

Big, big game with those two to follow. I can’t see us getting much/anything from those two games so the St Mirren and Hamilton games either side are really important so that we don’t undo the good start.

StevieC
08-09-2020, 11:47 AM
Is it PPV?
If so, where do you sign up?
(Can’t see anything on official Hibs or St Mirren websites)

bringbackbenny
08-09-2020, 12:02 PM
Is it PPV?

I haven't registered yet but probably here?, https://tv.stmirren.com/login

Sir David Gray
08-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Is it PPV?

It will be PPV as it's not on Sky. Presumably Hibs will advertise this later in the week.

we are hibs
08-09-2020, 01:59 PM

green&left
08-09-2020, 02:05 PM
Is it PPV?

https://ppv.stmirren.com/events

JohnM1875
08-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Purchased. So easy to do! Hopefully this is an on-going thing for all games not shown live on Sky Sports. Good was for clubs to make money, and the normal away fans will still make the trip when things are back to normal, so shouldn't affect the atmosphere at games too much.

Eyrie
08-09-2020, 05:49 PM

:top marks to whoever does St Mirren's marketing.

Sir David Gray
08-09-2020, 06:00 PM
Purchased. So easy to do! Hopefully this is an on-going thing for all games not shown live on Sky Sports. Good was for clubs to make money, and the normal away fans will still make the trip when things are back to normal, so shouldn't affect the atmosphere at games too much.

The agreement's in place until stadia are back to full capacity.

Hibiza
08-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Rocky

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Gogic
Hallberg
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge
Yup, go for that.

JohnM1875
08-09-2020, 06:08 PM
The agreement's in place until stadia are back to full capacity.

Which is good. But I don't see why it can't continue after that. Especially for games not shown on live TV.

Sir David Gray
08-09-2020, 06:15 PM
Which is good. But I don't see why it can't continue after that. Especially for games not shown on live TV.

Having all games on TV would starve clubs of the income they get from having fans through the gates.

JammyDoidger
08-09-2020, 06:36 PM
Rocky

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Gogic
Hallberg
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

This but Mallan for Hallberg.

JohnM1875
08-09-2020, 06:36 PM
Having all games on TV would starve clubs of the income they get from having fans through the gates.

Reckon it could work if the price to stream was the same as walk up entry. That way clubs are losing no money.

Doesn't matter anyway. Can't see it ever getting the go-ahead

SteveHFC
08-09-2020, 08:03 PM
Hope we give Obika a guard of honour.

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2020, 08:09 PM
Reckon it could work if the price to stream was the same as walk up entry. That way clubs are losing no money.

What about a family of 4 staying at home and only paying one fee to watch the game, of course clubs will lose money.

Since452
08-09-2020, 08:17 PM

Definitely have a soft spot for the Buddies.

Sir David Gray
08-09-2020, 08:28 PM

It wouldn't work.

Say Saturday's game would have been £23 to attend in person. Every single adult attending would have had to pay £23 to enter the stadium.

With streaming the game into people's living rooms, that £23 could allow maybe 10+ people to watch the game.

Clubs will only make the same amount of money if they rely on every single person buying their own individual stream which of course they wouldn't do.

marinello59
09-09-2020, 06:51 AM

Superb.
:greengrin

flash
09-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Rocky

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Gogic
Hallberg
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge
That midfield gives me the fear.

HendoDelivered
09-09-2020, 09:33 PM
Saints player tests positive for Covid.

CraigHibee
09-09-2020, 09:53 PM
Saints player tests positive for Covid.

Just saw that, could be interesting for the weekend

Eyrie
09-09-2020, 10:08 PM
Will hold off buying the game until we hear what is happening.

Onceinawhile
09-09-2020, 10:14 PM

Surely still goes ahead just like ours v aberdeen did?

04Sauzee
09-09-2020, 10:18 PM

Think they are having the club tested tomorrow again, i think the concern is possible transmission. If it's just one squad member we willbbe fine, if its spread through the team/staff then there may be a doubt.

Ronniekirk
09-09-2020, 10:27 PM
Or another false positive followed by a negative We shall see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
09-09-2020, 10:28 PM
Rocky

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Gogic
Hallberg
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

Good evening Hecky. How is your new coaching role?

Any chance you can get a couple your signings in the middle of the park to enhance your clubs under 23s?.

What on earth is Newell and Hallberg going to do kicking about on their own when Boyle is marked out the game and Doige is finding his way?

Back to Hanlon. Diagonal to Boyle. Ya dancer Doidge is in.

Craig Levein.

The 90+2
09-09-2020, 10:30 PM
Or another false positive followed by a negative We shall see

Give them a? before the game for extra testing. Press the button >> we play.

SPFL can be like strike it rich and if there’s a **** test they get a hot spot.

King Cosell
09-09-2020, 11:01 PM
Word on the street (internet) is Lee Erwin's signing for St Mirren tomorrow.

Stuart93
09-09-2020, 11:17 PM

He’s pish

Franck Stanton
09-09-2020, 11:20 PM

Save your cash folks, game is on BBC ALBA.

King Cosell
09-09-2020, 11:20 PM
He’s pish

Was highly-rated a few years ago, still only 26, they might get a tune out of him.

JimBHibees
10-09-2020, 05:47 AM
Was highly-rated a few years ago, still only 26, they might get a tune out of him.

Certainly has potential was good at Motherwell. Might suit him more to be playing in Paisley rather than Dingwall. Not sure I could handle listening to Kettlewell every day to be honest. :greengrin

G B Young
10-09-2020, 06:19 AM

The game has been placed in doubt according to the BBC. I assume that's becsuse unlike the Gogic situation the St Mirren player is actually infected.

Billy Whizz
10-09-2020, 06:25 AM

Is he still a Ross County player

JimBHibees
10-09-2020, 06:29 AM
Is he still a Ross County player

He was in the Ross squad this season. Came on in a few games.

Billy Whizz
10-09-2020, 06:32 AM
He was in the Ross squad this season. Came on in a few games.

Thought so, they’ll have to pay a fee as he’s under contract
With County likely to lose Ross Stewart as well, must have someone lined up to come in, as it leaves them light up front

B.H.F.C
10-09-2020, 06:41 AM
Unless they have a mass outbreak, no need for the game to be in doubt.

Plenty games across the world being played after players test positive. Those who are positive isolate, the rest get on with it.

Billy Whizz
10-09-2020, 06:52 AM
Unless they have a mass outbreak, no need for the game to be in doubt.

Plenty games across the world being played after players test positive. Those who are positive isolate, the rest get on with it.

Only issue will be, unlike the Czech Republic, who could choose from hundreds of players
If the St Mirren player tests positive, and he’s been around the squad, maybe the whole squad will have to isolate

B.H.F.C
10-09-2020, 07:11 AM
Only issue will be, unlike the Czech Republic, who could choose from hundreds of players
If the St Mirren player tests positive, and he’s been around the squad, maybe the whole squad will have to isolate

They won’t. Loads of instances of games getting played where a player, or players, have tested positive and games have been on. The football ‘bubble’ and testing that goes with it sees to that.

PSG playing tonight minus seven players who tested positive. Loads of games in England had players missing after football restarted in June. Rugby League down south has had loads of instances of multiple players missing games since they restarted as well.

Spike Mandela
10-09-2020, 07:43 AM
They won’t. Loads of instances of games getting played where a player, or players, have tested positive and games have been on. The football ‘bubble’ and testing that goes with it sees to that.

PSG playing tonight minus seven players who tested positive. Loads of games in England had players missing after football restarted in June. Rugby League down south has had loads of instances of multiple players missing games since they restarted as well.

In Scotland the cases where someone tested positive, ie Aberdeen, the games were postponed.

B.H.F.C
10-09-2020, 08:01 AM
In Scotland the cases where someone tested positive, ie Aberdeen, the games were postponed.

Not initially and not just down to the positive tests. That was down to the whole public outcry because of what the players had done. Different circumstances IMO.

A single, positive test won’t see a game postponed IMO.

Moulin Yarns
10-09-2020, 08:06 AM

Nothing to do with the players testing positive. That was down to the local lockdown.

B.H.F.C
10-09-2020, 08:12 AM
Nothing to do with the players testing positive. That was down to the local lockdown.

I’m not even sure it was down to that, they didn’t have any issue with it being on despite that initially. It was when they realised players had been breaking the rules that the government stepped in and were very vocal about it. Same with St Mirren v Celtic getting called off after what Bolingoli did.

Partyraiser
10-09-2020, 08:17 AM
if the game is called off because the St Mirren player has tested positive it makes even more of a mockery of the decision to self isolate gogic and have him miss the Aberdeen game. Player tests positive then negative and he misses the game (and an international fixture), player tests positive twice, game is called off and said player is probably available for the rescheduled fixture, its nonsensical. People in my work have tested positive recently, we didn't call everything off for a week, the affected parties are self isolating and the rest of us are getting on with it...

flash
10-09-2020, 08:20 AM
Apparently it's their keeper.

bigwheel
10-09-2020, 08:41 AM
Apparently it's their keeper.

No chance - he can’t catch anything ! [emoji6]

danhibees1875
10-09-2020, 08:42 AM

I thought all the talk at the time was that local lockdowns didn't impact the games, you were still allowed to travel to work and footballers were in their own special sphere - the same as Leicester playing through their lockdown.

I think the aberdeen games called off were due to the quantity of players involved which seems staggeringly unfair given it was their own fault, doubled down by the advantage of us not having Gogic, through no fault of us or him, when they played us.

Hopefully the st mirren guy is fine but it sounds like he'll be out of the game on Saturday regardless similarly to Gogic.

Keith_M
10-09-2020, 08:45 AM
No chance - he can’t catch anything ! [emoji6]

https://media.tenor.com/images/ca2e6095fd1519483c85373f96edd6b5/tenor.gif

Moulin Yarns
10-09-2020, 08:55 AM
I thought all the talk at the time was that local lockdowns didn't impact the games, you were still allowed to travel to work and footballers were in their own special sphere - the same as Leicester playing through their lockdown.

I think the aberdeen games called off were due to the quantity of players involved which seems staggeringly unfair given it was their own fault, doubled down by the advantage of us not having Gogic, through no fault of us or him, when they played us.

Hopefully the st mirren guy is fine but it sounds like he'll be out of the game on Saturday regardless similarly to Gogic.

The first minister said that she wanted the St Johnstone game postponed because of the risk of the virus being transmitted from Aberdeen to the Perth area.

However, the postponement came at the request of the Scottish government after a meeting between minister for public health and sport Joe Fitzpatrick, the Scottish FA and SPFL.
"I think that is the right decision," Sturgeon said. "We are expecting members of the public to behave in a highly precautionary manner right now and, when a football club ends up with players infected with Covid - and let's remember this is not through bad luck but through clear breaches of the rules - we cannot take even the small risk that they spread the infection to other parts of the country."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53694742

Sir David Gray
10-09-2020, 10:47 AM

Aberdeen played at home to Livingston whilst the lockdown was still in place.

B.H.F.C
10-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Going by their statement, St Mirren don’t have any concerns over the game going ahead.

Hamilton player now self isolating as well as they’ve been in contact with someone who has tested positive.

These things are going to happen and players are going to miss games.

Moulin Yarns
10-09-2020, 11:39 AM
Aberdeen played at home to Livingston whilst the lockdown was still in place.

See my post immediately before this one.

King Cosell
10-09-2020, 11:54 AM

Wish I'd known that before I shelled out £12.50, I'll be checking the ALBA schedule in future. :boo hoo:

MartinfaePorty
10-09-2020, 11:57 AM
Only at 6pm on BBC Alba, so delayed transmission.

Argylehibby
10-09-2020, 11:59 AM
Wish I'd known that before I shelled out £12.50, I'll be checking the ALBA schedule in future. :boo hoo:

Games not on Alba until (I think) 6pm it's certainly not on live. if you want to see it live then you have to sign up to PPV with the Saints.

Keith_M
10-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Games not on Alba until (I think) 6pm it's certainly not on live. if you want to see it live then you have to sign up to PPV with the Saints.

So, will I pay or will I try the 'Bob and Terry (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEumvfKaL_w)' approach?

:hmmm:

The danger is that I could end up watching figure skating...

King Cosell
10-09-2020, 12:20 PM
So, will I pay or will I try the 'Bob and Terry (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEumvfKaL_w)' approach?

Bob & Terry had a hole day to kill, 3 hours is easy peasy.

King Cosell
10-09-2020, 12:21 PM
Bob & Terry had a hole day to kill, 3 hours is easy peasy.

*whole

Moulin Yarns
10-09-2020, 01:26 PM
ST MIRREN

Manager Jim Goodwin confirms Jak Alnwick tested positive for Covid-19 on Monday and is now self- isolating.

Speedy
10-09-2020, 03:08 PM
Is this not the same as the Gogic situation? Player isolates and others (who tested negative) play the game

Oscar T Grouch
10-09-2020, 03:35 PM
ST MIRREN

Manager Jim Goodwin confirms Jak Alnwick tested positive for Covid-19 on Monday and is now self- isolating.

He's been their best player this season so far, so good for us, flat shares with the Hamilton laddie who is now isolating.

jacomo
10-09-2020, 05:12 PM
Going by their statement, St Mirren don’t have any concerns over the game going ahead.

Hamilton player now self isolating as well as they’ve been in contact with someone who has tested positive.

These things are going to happen and players are going to miss games.

As far as I can tell, speculation about the game being postponed was just tabloid nonsense.

B.H.F.C
10-09-2020, 05:19 PM
As far as I can tell, speculation about the game being postponed was just tabloid nonsense.

I agree. Plenty players are going to miss games. It shouldn’t really be news now when a player tests positive. There are still arguments, when someone does, that the whole team might need to isolate and so on. With the protocols that are in place for football that doesn’t need to happen, whether folk agree or disagree with it.

Sir David Gray
10-09-2020, 05:50 PM
See my post immediately before this one.

I saw it before posting but it doesn't say anything about postponing the game because of the wider restrictions on the city of Aberdeen.

The rearranged game between St Johnstone and Aberdeen still took place before the restrictions on Aberdeen were lifted.

The caution about not wanting to potentially spread the virus into Perth was purely down to the fact that two Aberdeen players had tested positive and potentially others had it too.

Eyrie
10-09-2020, 06:14 PM

Cheers!

I'll watch the Tour live and then catch our game as live at 6pm.

JohnMcM
10-09-2020, 06:25 PM

Nah! Give your £12:50 to the Buddies as nice wee thank you bonus for Mr Obika.:greengrin

CMurdoch
10-09-2020, 07:01 PM

Don't answer your phone if your doin' a Bob & Terry. It'll probably be King Arthur phoning to spoil it for you.
£12.50 worth of hate :greengrin.

Think i'll dae a B & T an aw. Just need to learn gaelic before Saturday night :cb.

Robbo6-2
10-09-2020, 08:34 PM
Any news on Nisbet?

bingo70
10-09-2020, 09:19 PM
Second St Mirren player tested positive.

JimBHibees
10-09-2020, 09:20 PM

Hmm could see this getting binned hope not

04Sauzee
10-09-2020, 09:20 PM
CLUB STATEMENT
SMFC Webteam
Saints News
10 September 2020
Following the most recent round of COVID testing, St Mirren Football Club can confirm that a second player has tested positive for COVID-19. This comes following the news of the positive test earlier this week.

The club can confirm that it has followed all protocol to the letter and has informed all relevant authorities.

We will be making no further comment at this time.

Sir David Gray
10-09-2020, 09:21 PM
Hmm could see this getting binned hope not

Think the game will be off now to be honest.

Col2
10-09-2020, 09:22 PM
I think we will see the game postponed.

DH1875
10-09-2020, 09:24 PM

Things could start to get tricky if another couple of their players get it.

davhibby
10-09-2020, 09:29 PM
Things could start to get tricky if another couple of their players get it.

That’ll be the game postponed in the morning so no need to worry about that

04Sauzee
10-09-2020, 09:30 PM
Players safety comes first quite obviously buy just our luck we had to play Aberdeen with a weekend squad after they hadn't followed protocol. Now we could have to play the Glasgow 2 after a period of time out due to international football and a potential postponement.
Hopefully the St Mirren players make a speedy recovery.

KeithTheHibby
10-09-2020, 09:30 PM
Why will it be postponed?

IvanSproule
10-09-2020, 09:34 PM
Do the positive players not just self-isolate and the game is played without them? As we had to do against Aberdeen?

Stairway 2 7
10-09-2020, 09:34 PM
Uefa say in their competitions as long as you've got 13 players its game on, can't stop constantly. We took it on the chin even through false positive

Ronniekirk
10-09-2020, 09:35 PM
If this second player is retested and it’s positive and has been training with other first team players it will be called off I think
What sanctions were agreed after the Aberdeen debacle fir clubs or players

Del Boy
10-09-2020, 09:37 PM
If this second player is retested and it’s positive and has been training with other first team players it will be called off I think
What sanctions were agreed after the Aberdeen debacle fir clubs or players

Yeah think it will be off now

Nah! Give your £12:50 to the Buddies as nice wee thank you bonus for Mr Obika.:greengrin

As well as for their fans ripping the p**s out of Hearts all throughout lockdown.

B.H.F.C
Still think the game will be on. If they have to call games off every time a couple of players test positive the season will never get completed.

bingo70
10-09-2020, 09:38 PM
Why will it be postponed?

There’s probably a cut off point where it becomes a bit unlucky for the team, like us last week, to a time when it’s just not practical for them to fulfil the fixture.

What that cut off point is I don’t know but I assume it’ll be more than 2 players.

FWIW Im probably in the minority but I would rather the game got postponed than playing against a complete makeshift team of 7 or 8 youth team players.

Ronniekirk
10-09-2020, 09:42 PM
Still think the game will be on. If they have to call games off every time a couple of players test positive the season will never get completed.

St Mirren haven’t elaborated further so they clearly aren’t that confident After first player tested positive they were clear he hadn’t had contact with other first team players and they were confident game would go ahead

Callum_62
10-09-2020, 09:42 PM
Surley if say a squad of 22 and there are 2 positives then the game shoukd go ahead

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
10-09-2020, 09:46 PM
St Mirren haven’t elaborated further so they clearly aren’t that confident After first player tested positive they were clear he hadn’t had contact with other first team players and they were confident game would go ahead

The more I think about it, the more I think it could be off. Not because I think it should be, but with it being Scottish football they’ll turn it in to some mad crisis or panic or whatever you want to call it.

Ronniekirk
10-09-2020, 09:50 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think it could be off. Not because I think it should be, but with it being Scottish football they’ll turn it in to some mad crisis or panic or whatever you want to call it.

Renfrewshire is already on the Naughty List so that will be a factor as well Fans were to be allowed into this game till the new restrictions were brought in
I can’t see my granddaughter in my house or my own house But can meet her in the pub it’s mental

JammyDoidger
10-09-2020, 09:51 PM
PSG had about 9 players in quarantine and had to play tonight. The show must go on!!

Heisenberg
10-09-2020, 10:09 PM
We had to play on and it was proven Gogic didn’t even have the virus. Two players missing would be unfortunate but needs must. Surely postponement only becomes an issue if most of the squad are out?

Brightside
10-09-2020, 10:09 PM
If it’s off we better get the 3 points. We lost a game having to play without a key player. They can’t just change the rules every week.

neil7908
10-09-2020, 10:14 PM
PSG had about 9 players in quarantine and had to play tonight. The show must go on!!

Was just about to post this. See also the Czech vs Scotland game. Either the game goes ahead or we get 3 points. We've already dropped a league position, losing a six figure sum due to Covid, and lost Gogic for the Aberdeen game.

B.H.F.C
10-09-2020, 10:14 PM
If it’s off we better get the 3 points. We lost a game having to play without a key player. They can’t just change the rules every week.

That ain’t going to happen. If it gets called off it’ll be because the government feel the need to intervene again. I don’t think the clubs or the SPFL will want to call it off.

Hibee Mac
10-09-2020, 10:22 PM
If a second player tests positive then does that not prove that it has likely spread between the team in between tests?

In which case if you assume that to be true then there is nothing to stop that happening again between now and the game on Sat surely?

Not sure on specifics of how it's been done elsewhere i.e. Czech game and PSG but seems like it could well be in doubt...

CmoantheHibs
10-09-2020, 10:25 PM
Hope all their players and family are ok first and foremost. If the game is off the so be it. If they haven’t broken any restrictions put in place then fine. If they have we should be awarded the points. The mess they made of the Aberdeen/bolingoli thing is going to make the situation going forward so much more difficult.

Ozyhibby
10-09-2020, 10:43 PM
The game has to be on. It can’t just be Hibs who have to play on when we get a positive test?

B.H.F.C
10-09-2020, 10:44 PM
The game has to be on. It can’t just be Hibs who have to play on when we get a positive test?

Not the same scenario, their first player was confirmed positive, whereas our player was a false positive.

Game should still be on though.

JimBHibees
11-09-2020, 05:42 AM
PSG played last night with loads out. How is this any different? They said in commentary last night that LaLigue changed their rules to say if teams had 10 players able to play they must play.

Risk would be that there is a spread in their camp and players might have it but not yet show on tests.

Golden Bear
11-09-2020, 06:33 AM
BBC radio Scotland latest update indicates that in view of another player being tested "positive, " tomorrow's game is now very doubtful.

hibbie02
11-09-2020, 06:34 AM
Second Buddies Player now Positive....

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-game-doubt-second-st-mirren-player-tests-positive-covid-19-2968145?fbclid=IwAR2iAOnjIp853VY79S9ds3CpcAp76uGZT-TECf12jSGeI5qBq7FVqshd48A

GreenCastle
11-09-2020, 06:40 AM
Not the same scenario, their first player was confirmed positive, whereas our player was a false positive.

Game should still be on though.

Assuming the St Mirren players and staff will be all tested again today ? Then need the results back ASAP.

How will the Hibs players feel playing against a team that have shown a few cases - not sure when they last tested ? Scott Allan for example.

Obviously wish the players a speedy recovery - the positive cases is different to Gogic being negative but annoying he missed the game as a precaution.

Again you would expect the Scottish FA to have guidelines for this available for the public to understand.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 06:40 AM
BBC radio Scotland latest update indicates that in view of another player being tested "positive, " tomorrow's game is now very doubtful.

I would be interesting to know if they are just assuming that or if there is something in the guidance that actually means it should be in doubt.

I think it probably is in doubt but it puzzles me why it gets made in to a bigger issue here than everywhere else. Nicola Sturgeon will probably be speaking about it later today!

neil7908
11-09-2020, 06:41 AM

I'll be raging if its cancelled. There surely can't be any uncertainty by now - there must be rules set by the SFA to cover these scenarios.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 06:48 AM
Assuming the St Mirren players and staff will be all tested again today ? Then need the results back ASAP.

How will the Hibs players feel playing against a team that have shown a few cases - not sure when they last tested ? Scott Allan for example.

Obviously wish the players a speedy recovery - the positive cases is different to Gogic being negative but annoying he missed the game as a precaution.

Again you would expect the Scottish FA to have guidelines for this available for the public to understand.

I honestly think the players will want to play the game. Everyone they’ll be playing against will have tested negative. The rest of the population are getting on with working (a lot of people in higher risk environments) without that comfort and knowing who they’ll come in to contact with.

Ozyhibby
11-09-2020, 06:53 AM

Don’t expect anything from the SFA. It will save you being disappointed.

Heisenberg
11-09-2020, 06:56 AM
We’ll soon run out of time to play postponed fixtures if we call games off every time one or two test positive. UEFA have said if you’ve got 13 and a keeper you should play.

we are hibs
11-09-2020, 07:09 AM
The game should be on. Not our problem if they are missing players just like it apparently wasnt aberdeen or anyone elses when Gogic was missing.

GreenCastle
11-09-2020, 07:12 AM
I honestly think the players will want to play the game. Everyone they’ll be playing against will have tested negative. The rest of the population are getting on with working (a lot of people in higher risk environments) without that comfort and knowing who they’ll come in to contact with.

Fair last point.

Wonder when the last tests / results were ?

Hopefully clarified soon so we know either way but think it should go ahead.

Glory Lurker
11-09-2020, 07:18 AM
The game should be on. Not our problem if they are missing players just like it apparently wasnt aberdeen or anyone elses when Gogic was missing.

If no other players have had to go in to isolation because of the positive tests, then I agree with that 100%.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 07:22 AM
Fair last point.

Wonder when the last tests / results were ?

Hopefully clarified soon so we know either way but think it should go ahead.

The goalie has been isolating since Monday after their last round of testing. The new case has apparently come from new testing yesterday. I think they now do a follow up NHS test.

They were comfortable with the game going ahead following the first positive but my gut feeling is that, unless the second is a false positive, there will be a big panic and the game will be called off.

147lothian
11-09-2020, 07:22 AM
The Scotland game against the Czech Republic went ahead with a completly different squad, cancelling a game when 1 or 2 players get Covid-19 is not the answer with the winter months approaching, surely its time to accept that Covid-19 is part of the family of viruses, the best possible steps are being taking to avoid it so we need to live with it imo. No one would suggest postponing a game if 1 or 2 players got the flu.

JohnMcM
11-09-2020, 08:15 AM
The Scotland game against the Czech Republic went ahead with a completly different squad, cancelling a game when 1 or 2 players get Covid-19 is not the answer with the winter months approaching, surely its time to accept that Covid-19 is part of the family of viruses, the best possible steps are being taking to avoid it so we need to live with it imo. No one would suggest postponing a game if 1 or 2 players got the flu.

Without turning this into a medical thread, there are serious some considerations as to why no chances should be taken. It's not simply a part of the family of viruses. Google "long term Covid symptoms" and see why it's not worth taking a chance.

Sorry guys, just trying to bring balance to the discussion.:agree:

Souter96Mac
11-09-2020, 08:56 AM
Sounds like the 2nd player is Lee Hodson, as he's been living with Alnwick? I may have read that wrong but makes sense I suppose. Don't think Hodson has been playing for St Mirren though.

If the game does go ahead, we could be up against a make shift defence. Shaughnessy is suspended, Marcus Fraser is a doubt with an injury, and their back up keeper Lyness will be playing. I saw him play in a non league match in the Newcastle a few years back and he was murder, conceded 6.

Obviously it's a difficult situation with players health at risk, but if the game is on, then I hope we make it count.

Andy74
11-09-2020, 09:03 AM
Sounds like the 2nd player is Lee Hodson, as he's been living with Alnwick? I may have read that wrong but makes sense I suppose. Don't think Hodson has been playing for St Mirren though.

If the game does go ahead, we could be up against a make shift defence. Shaughnessy is suspended, Marcus Fraser is a doubt with an injury, and their back up keeper Lyness will be playing. I saw him play in a non league match in the Newcastle a few years back and he was murder, conceded 6.

Obviously it's a difficult situation with players health at risk, but if the game is on, then I hope we make it count.

Hodson plays for Hamilton.

hibbie02
11-09-2020, 09:23 AM

That was reported yesterday and he plays for Hamilton. This is a second St Mirren Player just tested.

Frank Moon
11-09-2020, 09:25 AM
Prof Leitch saying it’s up to the football authorities so the Govt aren’t stepping in. BBC saying there is no suggestion it’s not going ahead.

where'stheslope
11-09-2020, 09:45 AM
Prof Leitch saying it’s up to the football authorities so the Govt aren’t stepping in. BBC saying there is no suggestion it’s not going ahead.
Ducking out of it is not the answer, clubs and fans need to have strong guidance from people who have the knowledge of infection spread!
We are supposed to be following government rules. on Covid-19, yet now they are allowing football to make its own????

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2020, 09:50 AM
It must be a worry for anyone playing against a club who's had players testing positive.

Peevemor
11-09-2020, 09:54 AM
It must be a worry for anyone playing against a club who's had players testing positive.

Yet some on here were having a go at Hibs for testing "too late" before a pre-season match, with late results meaning the game was postponed.

It's a steep learning curve.

Souter96Mac
11-09-2020, 09:59 AM
That was reported yesterday and he plays for Hamilton. This is a second St Mirren Player just tested.

Woops 😂 that explains why he's not been playing for St Mirren then!

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 10:00 AM
Ducking out of it is not the answer, clubs and fans need to have strong guidance from people who have the knowledge of infection spread!
We are supposed to be following government rules. on Covid-19, yet now they are allowing football to make its own????

They’re not ducking out of anything. There is a set of rules that they have created with the JRG. It’s now up to the football authorities to implement those rules as agreed.

Jason Leitch simply seems to be saying that a couple of positive cases doesn’t necessarily mean everything needs to stop IMO.

tamig
11-09-2020, 10:03 AM
They’re not ducking out of anything. There is a set of rules that they have created with the JRG. It’s now up to the football authorities to implement those rules as agreed.

Jason Leitch simply seems to be saying that a couple of positive cases doesn’t mean everything needs to stop IMO.

Exactly. Anything to have a pop at the Government for some folk though. Every workplace has its own set of rules and guidelines. Football is the same.

04Sauzee
11-09-2020, 10:03 AM

I'd assume if it wasn't safe for the game to go ahead he'd have said so? Looks like the game can go ahead unless the football governing bodies decide they want to postpone?

Jim44
11-09-2020, 10:07 AM

I agree. Sorry if it goes against the grain, but I think the game should be postponed. St Mirren may very well have followed protocol strictly, but two positive tested players could still have infected others in their club, who in turn could go on to infect others in our club.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 10:14 AM
I agree. Sorry if it goes against the grain, but I think the game should be postponed. St Mirren may very well have followed protocol strictly, but two positive tested players could still have infected others in their club, who in turn could go on to infect others in our club.

You can’t stop things every time there is a positive test or two. And that doesn’t just go for football. There are a lot of people continuing to work in places where they have no idea who they are around, no idea if someone is carrying the virus etc. Football is about as safe an environment as you can get, given everybody actually on the pitch will have tested negative.

scoopyboy
11-09-2020, 10:17 AM

If this game is postponed the league would just as well be scrapped.

The schedule is tight as it is and the league could end up even more farcical than last season.

If tomorrow's game is cancelled with two players out then god knows how many games will be postponed going forward.

It's high time rules were drawn up that states how many players require a postponement and what happens if the league is curtailed and after how many games.

04Sauzee
11-09-2020, 10:18 AM

Using that example, if the game is postponed St Mirren FC would have to isolate all players etc for the isolation period which would be 14 days for a contact. No training, no football matches.

Chorley Hibee
11-09-2020, 10:21 AM

The schedule is tight as it is and the league could end up even more farcical than last season.

If tomorrow's game is cancelled with two players out then god knows how many games will be postponed going forward.

It's high time rules were drawn up that states how many players require a postponement and what happens if the league is curtailed and after how many games.

It's hard to believe that, in the present circumstances, this wasn't top of the list prior to restarting football.

Then again, this is the Scottish football authorities we're talking about - so it's entirely believable.

neil7908
11-09-2020, 10:27 AM
It's hard to believe that, in the present circumstances, this wasn't top of the list prior to restarting football.

Then again, this is the Scottish football authorities we're talking about - so it's entirely believable.

Agreed. Other competitions seem to have rules figured out. We've had both Aberdeen and Celtic players getting in trouble, and weeks later no one seems to know the protocols. Absolutely mental.

Oscar T Grouch
11-09-2020, 10:29 AM

I think the importance of testing is imperative here. They tested on Tuesday and had one positive test, that player withdrew from training immediately, the squad would have then been retested by the NHS. They had another round of scheduled tests on Thursday and had one positive test again and that player withdrew from training. Then a further round of tests are carried out by the NHS, assuming they all come back negative today then there is no problem and no risk of infection at the game on Saturday, ie the 'bubble' is essentially still okay. If the NHS tests come back with any adverse or positives today then the game is in danger of being postponed.

The testing procedure is well thought out by experts in virology and I would assume sports science to ensure they can continue playing games even when positive results come in. There is little to no wriggle room this season for call offs, in fact I think the season may well be called early again or extended because we haven't factored in the Scottish weather into all this. I am always one to err on the side of caution but I don't think the game should be postponed given the testing regime in place.

Moulin Yarns
11-09-2020, 10:41 AM
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football-development/return-to-football-hub/return-to-the-professional-game/

It's almost like there is guidance. Who knew.

Spfl twitter an hour ago

🏆⚽️ Here are your SPFL fixtures for this weekend. We have 6 games in the Premiership. Enjoy the football if you're tuning into a game!

#SPFL

Bishop Hibee
11-09-2020, 11:02 AM

Agree. I'll add that if the numbers of infections in the general population continue to rise, the season could be in jeopardy anyway. A lot depends on how the authorities outside of football choose to weigh up the economy/'normal' living v the numbers in hospital and dying due to Covid19. Who said politics and sport don't mix?

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2020, 11:06 AM
Might just have to go with anyone testing positive is categorised as being injured. See how that goes?

FilipinoHibs
11-09-2020, 11:10 AM
I think the importance of testing is imperative here. They tested on Tuesday and had one positive test, that player withdrew from training immediately, the squad would have then been retested by the NHS. They had another round of scheduled tests on Thursday and had one positive test again and that player withdrew from training. Then a further round of tests are carried out by the NHS, assuming they all come back negative today then there is no problem and no risk of infection at the game on Saturday, ie the 'bubble' is essentially still okay. If the NHS tests come back with any adverse or positives today then the game is in danger of being postponed.

The testing procedure is well thought out by experts in virology and I would assume sports science to ensure they can continue playing games even when positive results come in. There is little to no wriggle room this season for call offs, in fact I think the season may well be called early again or extended because we haven't factored in the Scottish weather into all this. I am always one to err on the side of caution but I don't think the game should be postponed given the testing regime in place.

It can take up to 14 days from being infected to show up as positive. You can be infecting people in that period. The correct protocol is to put all Saints players in a 14 day quarantine and postpone saturday's game otherwise both the rest of the Saint squad and Hibs are at risk with the possibility of infecting their families.

Gloucester Hibs
11-09-2020, 11:10 AM

Spot on. Back in March this caught everyone on the hop, there is no excuse now. SPFL have had months to prepare said rules, no way should there be uncertainty or "muddling through" each time a positive case is confirmed.

JimBHibees
11-09-2020, 11:13 AM
It can take up to 14 days from being infected to show up as positive. You can be infecting people in that period. The correct protocol is to put all Saints players in a 14 day quarantine and postpone saturday's game otherwise both the rest of the Saint squad and Hibs are at risk with the possibility of infecting their families.

Not if they are being tested twice or three times a week. It is confusing PSG played last night after a number of their squad developed Covid yet Czeck republic all their squad isolated after 2 or 3 positives.

JimBHibees
11-09-2020, 11:14 AM
Spot on. Back in March this caught everyone on the hop, there is no excuse now. SPFL have had months to prepare said rules, no way should there be uncertainty or "muddling through" each time a positive case is confirmed.

Did they not try to do that but the clubs voted against it for some reason.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5850325/spfl-board-loses-covid-19-disruption/

B.H.F.C

That isn’t the correct protocol as far as football goes. All round Europe, teams have had positive cases, isolated those positive cases and the rest have got on with it. Football has separately, agreed protocols to ensure whole teams don’t need to isolate if one or two test positive.

Peevemor

Is there any uncertainty though?

Neither the SPFL nor Hibs have said anything about the game being in doubt.

Lens won 1-0 last night in the French league against PSG who were missing 7 COVID positive 1st team players.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 11:18 AM

Lens won 1-0 last night in the French league against PSG who were missing 7 COVID positive 1st team players.

Media and social media are where the uncertainty seems to have arisen from. Nothing the clubs or SPFL have said.

There seems to be a bit of panic regarding football over here whenever anything happens. Nicola Sturgeon will probably be asked about it in the next 10 or 15 minutes!

Rory
11-09-2020, 11:24 AM
Football should have been stopped in March. Playing matches without fans has very little value.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 11:26 AM
Football should have been stopped in March. Playing matches without fans has very little value.

I think all the players, coaches and anybody else connected with football clubs would disagree, given they’d all be out of a job if there was no football.

And I think a lot of supporters will be quite happy to, at least, have football to watch.

wookie70
11-09-2020, 11:33 AM
You can’t stop things every time there is a positive test or two. And that doesn’t just go for football. There are a lot of people continuing to work in places where they have no idea who they are around, no idea if someone is carrying the virus etc. Football is about as safe an environment as you can get, given everybody actually on the pitch will have tested negative.

Pubs are closed for two weeks if someone tests positive. In my view you can stop everything and I would call of this game. Otherwise you could quickly find Hibs players starting to test positive and then it could start to snowball within the bubbles and move from bubble to bubble as teams play each other.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 11:37 AM
Pubs are closed for two weeks if someone tests positive. In my view you can stop everything and I would call of this game. Otherwise you could quickly find Hibs players starting to test positive and then it could start to snowball within the bubbles and move from bubble to bubble as teams play each other.

Not every pub is closed for two weeks if someone tests positive. That’s just not true, unless I’ve missed something all together. Some may close for a deep clean etc. But they’re not required to shut for a fortnight.

If you closed down somewhere, every time someone who tests positive had been in, nothing would be open!

Gloucester Hibs
11-09-2020, 11:39 AM

Know what you’re saying but I wouldn’t be putting my mortgage on the game going ahead - that’s the uncertainty.

Since452
11-09-2020, 11:43 AM
I'd be very surprised if the game was called off

04Sauzee
11-09-2020, 11:48 AM
Mirren’s clash with Hibs thrown deeper into doubt as Paisley club drop major hint
The club have had two positive COVID-19 cases in recent days.

BY MARK MCDOUGALL
12:20, 11 SEP 2020
0_18988586.jpg
(Image: SNS Group)

St Mirren have dropped a huge hint that their Premiership fixture with Hibs is in doubt after two positive coronavirus tests.

Jak Alnwick has been confirmed as being one of those players while a second also tested positive ahead of Saturday's game at the Simple Digital Arena.

Now their game against Hibs could be off after the club delayed their press conference ahead of the game and warned journalists that it could be cancelled altogether.

Col2
11-09-2020, 11:51 AM
St Mirren are looking for the game to be called off.

Scot Govt saying it’s down to football authorities (ERG)

ERG are waiting on more information from St Mirren on any other positive tests.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 11:53 AM
Mirren’s clash with Hibs thrown deeper into doubt as Paisley club drop major hint
The club have had two positive COVID-19 cases in recent days.

BY MARK MCDOUGALL
12:20, 11 SEP 2020
0_18988586.jpg
(Image: SNS Group)

St Mirren have dropped a huge hint that their Premiership fixture with Hibs is in doubt after two positive coronavirus tests.

Jak Alnwick has been confirmed as being one of those players while a second also tested positive ahead of Saturday's game at the Simple Digital Arena.

Now their game against Hibs could be off after the club delayed their press conference ahead of the game and warned journalists that it could be cancelled altogether.

There needs to be a clear justification given if this is called off. If it is, then presumably they are all isolating and will need to call of further games as well. If it’s just off because two of them are missing then they’d be as well calling the season now because there isn’t a chance in hell of completing it.

JohnM1875
11-09-2020, 11:54 AM
Surely there's no way in hell it's getting called off for two positive tests?!

We had to play on without Gogic, which was a false positive!

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 11:55 AM
St Mirren are looking for the game to be called off.

Scot Govt saying it’s down to football authorities (ERG)

ERG are waiting on more information from St Mirren on any other positive tests.

St Mirren looking to get it off so they don’t have players missing a game? Meanwhile, we had a player missing for testing negative!

04Sauzee
11-09-2020, 11:56 AM
There needs to be a clear justification given if this is called off. If it is, then presumably they are all isolating and will need to call of further games as well. If it’s just off because two of them are missing then they’d be as well calling the season now because there isn’t a chance in hell of completing it.

Like I said earlier if they call of this game then St Mirren as a club should isolate all contacts with those tested positive should isolate for 14 days as a contact, no training, no leaving the house, issolate as best they can from household members, no matches.

Moulin Yarns
11-09-2020, 11:58 AM
Nothing on St mirren website or twitter feed.

Col2
11-09-2020, 12:01 PM
St Mirren looking to get it off so they don’t have players missing a game? Meanwhile, we had a player missing for testing negative!

That’s how I read it but maybe they think the risk is too high?

HFC93
11-09-2020, 12:03 PM

This doesn’t really make any sense. If you stopped football completely then we would see loads of clubs go bust or into hibernation and more people losing their jobs. I would much rather have football behind closed doors rather than no football at all.

147lothian
11-09-2020, 12:03 PM

Spot on, professional football players, have far more rigourous health checks than the general working population, if a game can't go ahead with 2 players out, the season would have to be cancelled due to the extra games scheduled already for this season

Brightside
11-09-2020, 12:05 PM
I expect they are cancelling the PC as they have a Covid outbreak.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 12:05 PM
That’s how I read it but maybe they think the risk is too high?

It’s up to the SPFL to follow the rules here. They can’t let individual clubs concerns influence their decision. If the club or players decide that they don’t want to play that is their right, but they then need to take the consequences of that. Same as any of us would if we just decided we didn’t want to work because of the risk.

Peevemor
11-09-2020, 12:07 PM
I expect they are cancelling the PC as they have a Covid outbreak.

Exactly, it's the press conference that's been postponed and might possibly be cancelled, not the match.

KeithTheHibby
11-09-2020, 12:18 PM
What a ****ing joke there is nothing in writing about number of cases affecting games. These cocks at the SPFL couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery.

Peevemor
11-09-2020, 12:21 PM
Sensible words from Leeann in today's EEN

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/we-are-kidding-ourselves-if-we-think-bubble-says-hibs-chief-leeann-dempster-2968138

Hibernian chief executive Leeann Dempster says that it would be unrealistic to expect the latest coronavirus cases in Scottish football to be the last as clubs get used to players being forced to sit out matches due to the pandemic.

On Thursday, St Mirren manager Jim Goodwin confirmed that goalkeeper Jak Alnwick had tested positive for Covid-19. Then, later on that evening, the club announced that a second Saints player had also tested positive, throwing Saturday’s match against Hibs into doubt.

Alnwick is now in quarantine, while his flat-mate, Hamilton Accies defender Lee Hodson, is also having to isolate for 14 days.

Stressing her desire to see the game go ahead, Dempster warned it is unlikely that this will be the last case to threaten fixture disruption.

“Clubs can carry out regular testing ahead of matches and we can comply as robustly as we like with all the rules and regulations around sanitisation, social distancing, etc, etc, but we are all kidding ourselves if we think we are in an absolute bubble, because we are not.

“Players and staff, we all go home to partners or spouses who work in different places, and to kids who are back at school. Like everyone else footballers and their families have to go to the supermarket or the post office, and while everyone is as careful as we possibly can be, there are no guarantees.

“We carry out testing so we can continue to play the games but this idea that we are in a bubble is just not accurate so we are all going to get players testing positive, not through any reckless behaviour, but because they are normal citizens and they have a life outside of football.”

Hibs were without summer signing Alex Gogic for their recent match against Aberdeen after he returned a false positive but was still obliged to isolate and Dempster accepts that while it is not ideal, football simply has to accept the extra inconveniences as it fights back to normality.

Those plans suffered a setback yesterday as First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced that the provisional date of 14 September, set aside to consider allowing fans back into football stadia, has now been pushed back to 5 October, at the earliest. Although, it has been agreed to allow pilot matches, permitting 300 supporters into this weekend’s Aberdeen v Kilmarnock and Ross County v Celtic games, to proceed.

The Scottish Government had already imposed tighter lockdown measures throughout Renfrewshire this week in response to a spike in cases and had knocked back the Buddies’ bid to be part of this weekend’s scheme for the limited return of fans as a consequence.

The latest announcement has put paid to Hibs hopes of running their own test event, possibly against Rangers next weekend.

“Let’s be honest, I think we were all looking forward to the opportunity to get fans back into the stadium and we were gearing up to try to do a pilot event ourselves, maybe next weekend,” said Dempster. “But it was quite clear earlier this week that with everything that was happening, the signs were that that was increasingly unlikely.

“Honestly, I am maybe a little surprised that Aberdeen and Ross County have been allowed to continue with theirs. I am glad that is the case but given these announcements, I am a bit surprised.

“It is difficult and although I’m comfortable with where we are financially just now, the longer this goes on, the bigger the financial concern for some clubs, especially as we look towards the return of lower league clubs.

“But, it is hard for football to be too critical at the moment. We can be disappointed but, in the current climate, I am not agitating to get things moving any quicker because I think we need to be patient and follow the guidelines. Everybody wants the same thing but we need to make sure that the steps we take are the right steps.”

Peevemor
11-09-2020, 12:22 PM
What a ****ing joke there is nothing in writing about number of cases affecting games. These cocks at the SPFL couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery.

What's a joke? Nobody that matters is saying that the match will be off.

From the BBC

There is no suggestion that St Mirren's meeting with Hibs on Saturday is under threat, with national clinical director Professor Jason Leitch confirming that is a decision for the club and football authorities.

KeithTheHibby
11-09-2020, 12:24 PM
What's a joke? Nobody that matters is saying that the match will be off.

From the BBC

It’s a joke that no one knows the criteria for a game being called off yet we all second guess what is likely to happen.

Golden Bear
11-09-2020, 12:30 PM
On the radio just now - Jason Leitch said this morning that the decision on whether tomorrow's game goes ahead is in the hands of the football authorities. St Mirren apparently did not train this morning but are in this afternoon. The results of further tests have still to be received.

So we wait.

Daydreamer
11-09-2020, 12:37 PM
So Alnwick shares a flat with Hodson of Hamilton.

Alnwick goes down south to visit family then tests positive for covid.

Hodson then tests positive.

Another St Mirren player tests positive supposedly the guy Lyness who is the St Mirren back up goalkeeper. (heard from St. mirren Supporter).

Why did he go down south and break his bubble?

All conjecture but........

danhibees1875
11-09-2020, 12:37 PM

I guess the thinking there could be that because he tested negative there was "no" chance any of our players would have picked it up from him and currently have it, so they were free to play against Aberdeen. Although Gogic himself should also have been cleared to play IMO.

Whilst in this case, the second player in particular, will have been around the squad recently and so any number of the squad could now also be infected and in the early incubation period where a test might not pick it up but it could be passed to others, including Hibs players. That's a more worrying situation than the Gogic one (which was poorly handled) and makes this a different situation.

Peevemor
11-09-2020, 12:38 PM

Another St Mirren player tests positive supposedly the guy Lyness who is the St Mirren back up goalkeeper. (heard from St. mirren Supporter).

I'm not sure Hodson has tested positive - he's been reported as self-isolating.

Jim44
11-09-2020, 12:41 PM
On the radio just now - Jason Leitch said this morning that the decision on whether tomorrow's game goes ahead is in the hands of the football authorities. St Mirren apparently did not train this morning but are in this afternoon. The results of further tests have still to be received.

So we wait.

Jason Leitch is getting a bit of stick for his throwaway remark that COVID testing is “ a bit rubbish “. It looks like the Sun has decided the St Mirren v Hibs game doesn’t exist. They have pre-match reports on five Scottish Premiership matches but not a word about our’s.

Moulin Yarns
11-09-2020, 12:42 PM

What has the SPFL said about the game being postponed?

hibbycraig
11-09-2020, 12:43 PM

There are no bubbles in football. That would mean the players would stay with each other and see noone else.

Spike Mandela
11-09-2020, 12:49 PM

The crucial point will be the risk of players having the virus at 3pm tomorrow who perhaps didn’t show up positive in the latest round of tests.

A risk for St Mirren and of course Hibs.

GreenCastle
11-09-2020, 01:17 PM
The below from the quote above is what I’ve been saying for weeks. Folk think the players are in a bubble when they aren’t. They have partners - go for coffee / supermarket etc.

The only difference is they are being tested than me or you.

What Scottish football is doing cones with risks..and situations like Aberdeen and Celtic are prime example of not taking the common sense approach.

“Players and staff, we all go home to partners or spouses who work in different places, and to kids who are back at school. Like everyone else footballers and their families have to go to the supermarket or the post office, and while everyone is as careful as we possibly can be, there are no guarantees.

“We carry out testing so we can continue to play the games but this idea that we are in a bubble is just not accurate so we are all going to get players testing positive, not through any reckless behaviour, but because they are normal citizens and they have a life outside of football.”

Heisenberg
11-09-2020, 01:27 PM
News expected soon

https://twitter.com/mcgowan_stephen/status/1304410213504688130?s=21

scoopyboy
11-09-2020, 01:29 PM
The crucial point will be the risk of players having the virus at 3pm tomorrow who perhaps didn’t show up positive in the latest round of tests.

A risk for St Mirren and of course Hibs.

That could be argued about any game taking place.

Greenio
11-09-2020, 01:50 PM
Madness there wasn't protocol drawn up for this happening.

Not like it wasn't unexpected.

Maybe teams losing points, instead of postponing games they can't play, will make everyone tighten up how they are approaching all this

Ronniekirk
11-09-2020, 01:51 PM
It’s defo the back up goalkeeper so chances are he will have been working with third choice keeper given first choice self isolating And goalkeeping coaches
So will that be a factor

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 01:55 PM
It’s defo the back up goalkeeper so chances are he will have been working with third choice keeper given first choice self isolating And goalkeeping coaches
So will that be a factor

If both goalies are out you can bet that it’ll be St Mirren who are the ones pushing for it to be off.

Spike Mandela
11-09-2020, 01:59 PM
That could be argued about any game taking place.

Not all games have the evidence of two already positive cases within the bubble of one group though.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 02:01 PM
Not all games have the evidence of two already positive cases within the bubble of one group though.

They had the evidence of a player testing positive at the start of the week though and continued to train with that player isolating.

Spike Mandela
11-09-2020, 02:04 PM
They had the evidence of a player testing positive at the start of the week though and continued to train with that player isolating.

Yes, and then another player tested positive.

neil7908
11-09-2020, 02:16 PM
If both goalies are out you can bet that it’ll be St Mirren who are the ones pushing for it to be off.

This is going to get postponed. Football authorities have had all months now to come up with clear rules on this.

Heisenberg
11-09-2020, 02:20 PM
This is going to get postponed. Football authorities have had all months now to come up with clear rules on this.

I thought UEFA had clear rules in place for their leagues to follow? As long as you’ve got 13 available players and a keeper you can play.

G B Young
11-09-2020, 02:21 PM
Surely there's no way in hell it's getting called off for two positive tests?!

We had to play on without Gogic, which was a false positive!

St Johnstone v Aberdeen was called off for two positive tests. I'm not seeing what the difference is here? Frustrating for sure if it's off but based on precedent it seems to me it should be postponed.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 02:21 PM

I’m not sure there aren’t rules for this. Is it not just a case that they’re waiting on NHS follow up tests along with test and protect to do their bit?

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 02:23 PM
St Johnstone v Aberdeen was called off for two positive tests. I'm not seeing what the difference is here? Frustrating for sure if it's off but based on precedent it seems to me it should be postponed.

The six others isolating? The public outcry given the circumstances. Heavier restrictions in Aberdeen then than Renfrewshire now.

Bit of a difference that.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 02:25 PM
Yes, and then another player tested positive.

Yep and they’ll be removed now whilst the 20 odd who returned negative tests get on with it.

Spike Mandela
11-09-2020, 02:49 PM
Yep and they’ll be removed now whilst the 20 odd who returned negative tests get on with it.

The second player obviously tested negative on the first round of tests but positive when tested a few days later.

The dilemma for Hibs is facing the inconvenience of a postponed game or the risk of Hibs players contacting covid from a St Mirren player in a game allowed to go ahead.

Peevemor
11-09-2020, 02:52 PM
The second player obviously tested negative on the first round of tests but positive when tested a few days later.

The dilemma for Hibs is facing the inconvenience of a postponed game or the risk of Hibs players contacting covid from a St Mirren player in a game allowed to go ahead.I don't think there's any dilemma for Hibs. If St Mirren are OK to play the match under SPFL/UEFA guidelines, then Hibs have to play or forfeit the match.

jacomo
11-09-2020, 02:52 PM

Well yes, but time that should have been spent preparing for this season was taken up with the wailings and protestations of a noisy, irritating and shameless club.

I have sympathy for anyone organising events in these, ahem, unprecedented times, but they do need to get their house in order quickly. Luckily the Gorgie morons aren’t involved in decision making at any level.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 02:54 PM

The dilemma for Hibs is facing the inconvenience of a postponed game or the risk of Hibs players contacting covid from a St Mirren player in a game allowed to go ahead.

Don’t think there is any dilemma for Hibs. They’ll be told if it’s on or off and they’ll get on with it. Hypothetical, but I don’t think many, if any, of the players would have any fears about playing tomorrow.

Come back to my initial point on this thread. If we call games off every time there are one or two positive tests, we have no chance of completing the season.

JimBHibees
11-09-2020, 02:56 PM
Don’t think there is any dilemma for Hibs. They’ll be told if it’s on or off and they’ll get on with it. Hypothetical, but I don’t think many, if any, of the players would have any fears about playing tomorrow.

Come back to my initial point on this thread. If we call games off every time there are one or two positive tests, we have no chance of completing the season.

That is the bottom line I think.

Chorley Hibee
11-09-2020, 03:04 PM
Well yes, but time that should have been spent preparing for this season was taken up with the wailings and protestations of a noisy, irritating and shameless club.

I have sympathy for anyone organising events in these, ahem, unprecedented times, but they do need to get their house in order quickly. Luckily the Gorgie morons aren’t involved in decision making at any level.

Come on, as much as I'm quick to jump on Hearts about anything, I don't think they're accountable for this.

The football authorities should be able to deal with more than a single matter at a time, especially one as important as this.

Spike Mandela
11-09-2020, 03:11 PM

I understand what you are saying and playing 'devil's advocate' here,nobody wants postponed games but the virus couldn't care less about football fixtures or tight schedules. This is a public healrh issue and the players and their families have the right not to have their health risked unnecessarily.

Moulin Yarns
11-09-2020, 03:17 PM
15 minutes ago from @spfl

⚽️ @saintmirrenfc v @HibernianFC
🏆 Scottish Premiership
🏟️ Simple Digital Arena
🗓️ Saturday 12th September
⌚️ 3:00pm kick-off

Which side are you backing? 🤔

#STMHIB | #SPFL

I think we can assume that the game goes ahead.

we are hibs
11-09-2020, 03:19 PM
If its their back up goalie im sure Mathie can give Goodwin Oxley's number if he wants an emergency loan

Moulin Yarns
11-09-2020, 03:20 PM
If its their back up goalie im sure Mathie can give Goodwin Oxley's number if he wants an emergency loan

So long as it isn't Conrad Logan :wink:

JimBHibees
11-09-2020, 03:20 PM

🏆 Scottish Premiership
🏟️ Simple Digital Arena

#STMHIB | #SPFL

Probably just a standard message to be honest.

Paul1642
11-09-2020, 03:26 PM

🏆 Scottish Premiership
🏟️ Simple Digital Arena

#STMHIB | #SPFL

I think media teams just have to carry on as normal and won’t be receiving much in terms of inside knowledge in this area.

Since90+2
11-09-2020, 03:31 PM
Has is actually been said at any point by the SPFL that the game is in doubt or under consideration? I've not seen it reported anywhere.

Peevemor
11-09-2020, 03:35 PM
Has is actually been said at any point by the SPFL that the game is in doubt or under consideration? I've not seen it reported anywhere.No.

Keith_M
11-09-2020, 03:36 PM
It's Friday, 4:30PM and nobody at Hibs, St Mirren, the SFA or the SPFL have said tomorrow's game is off.

I think it's safe to assume it's going ahead.

Since452
11-09-2020, 03:45 PM

He's lethal from goal kicks and we never lose goals from open play. Not a good combination 😉

Golden Bear
11-09-2020, 03:48 PM
It's Friday, 4:30PM and nobody at Hibs, St Mirren, the SFA or the SPFL have said tomorrow's game is off.

BBC Radio Scotland are now of the opinion that the game will go ahead as planned.

Hibeewilly
11-09-2020, 03:50 PM

I'm not so sure Keith......I think there will be a lot of talking going on at the moment. I see Professor Leitch has said that although he is providing advice the final decision will be made by the SPFL and SFA. I doubt they'll want to go against his advice. Fingers crossed though

B.H.F.C
11-09-2020, 03:52 PM
I understand what you are saying and playing 'devil's advocate' here,nobody wants postponed games but the virus couldn't care less about football fixtures or tight schedules. This is a public healrh issue and the players and their families have the right not to have their health risked unnecessarily.

Of course they have that right and, as a result, they’re probably working in as safe a working environment as anyone. If it’s deemed safe enough to go ahead, but the players don’t feel safe, nobody is holding a gun to their head. They can choose not to play, much like anyone else could choose not to go to work, there just might be consequences to that for them.

Also, it’s not just about a congested fixture list. It’s tough enough for football to survive without fans, it would be even tougher for it to survive without games being played and competitions being completed.

Alfred E Newman
11-09-2020, 04:18 PM
It is difficult and although I’m comfortable with where we are financially just now, the longer this goes on, the bigger the financial concern for some clubs, especially as we look towards the return of lower league clubs.

Nice one Leeann :not worth

04Sauzee
11-09-2020, 04:29 PM
Scott Allan unavailable for selection for this game due to a training ground knock. Nisbet and Gogic good to go.

Lee Marvin
11-09-2020, 04:37 PM
Game off

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiA1vE7PmXw

edit. cant see this anywhere else but this news bulletin. Hopefully wrong

04Sauzee
11-09-2020, 04:41 PM
Game off

No idea why Hibs, St Mirren or the league wouldn't announce this first

Oscar T Grouch
11-09-2020, 04:42 PM
Game off

Can’t find that anywhere else, nothing on the SPFL site.

Lee Marvin
11-09-2020, 04:42 PM
No idea why Hibs, St Mirren or the league wouldn't announce this first

Agreed. Strange.

Hopefully that news channel have it wrong.

Iggy Pope
11-09-2020, 04:45 PM
Game off

Hope not, I’ve just bought a TV pass on the Saints site.

Heisenberg
11-09-2020, 04:47 PM
The same folk say it’s on here?

https://twitter.com/plzsoccer/status/1304457173569855488?s=21

Lee Marvin
11-09-2020, 04:48 PM
They have clearly jumped the gun.

04Sauzee
11-09-2020, 04:49 PM
The same folk say it’s on here?

https://twitter.com/plzsoccer/status/1304457173569855488?s=21

🤡🤡 Idiots

hibee_girl
11-09-2020, 04:53 PM
It’s on

https://twitter.com/bbcchrismclaug/status/1304462222610042887?s=21

CmoantheHibs
11-09-2020, 05:09 PM
It’s on

https://twitter.com/bbcchrismclaug/status/1304462222610042887?s=21

That’s great news.

Magpie
11-09-2020, 05:10 PM
Was there any real reason to postpone it? Two players tested positive but everyone else negative.

Tambo
11-09-2020, 05:12 PM
So games on which is good, wonder what team jack will see put out? I'm assuming nisbet is still out?

Magpie
11-09-2020, 05:13 PM
So games on which is good, wonder what team jack will see put out? I'm assuming nisbet is still out?

He has been training with the squad this week. Perhaps on the bench.

JimBHibees
11-09-2020, 05:23 PM
He has been training with the squad this week. Perhaps on the bench.

Think he will start.

Billy Whizz
11-09-2020, 05:24 PM
Pre match interviews with Jack and Jamie Murphy now up

https://youtu.be/sjZw2hUuwEQ

https://youtu.be/ElbiEOg1n-8

Mikey
11-09-2020, 05:31 PM
Do we know for sure that it's 2 goalkeepers that are out?