PDA

View Full Version : Adidas

EI255
04-09-2020, 06:27 PM
Poor crap outfit if you look closely at Tierney and Co. Is Adidas kit REALLY all is is crapped up to be?

Macron are the standard.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Since90+2
04-09-2020, 06:30 PM
Poor crap outfit if you look closely at Tierney and Co. Is Adidas kit REALLY all is is crapped up to be?

Macron are the standard.

Think it looks quite smart to be honest.

SteveHFC
04-09-2020, 06:36 PM

Macron are the standard.

The new Millwall away kit is pure filth 😍

Brightside
04-09-2020, 06:39 PM

Macron are the standard.

Adidas quality is awful. Used them at a few teams in the past and delighted to only ever use Macron now.

Peevemor
04-09-2020, 06:58 PM
I don't know about strips etc., but when I was a lad the Adidas name was a guarantee of quality in footwear - trainers, football boots, whatever.

Nowadays they produce a large amount of crap. Not all of it, but a lot.

Lancs Harp
04-09-2020, 07:03 PM
Looks a decent shirt to me. Not fussy and obviously Scotland the way I like my shirts. Are the blue shorts tonight because Israel are in white shorts or are blue shorts the new strip?

bod
04-09-2020, 08:21 PM
Best strip Scotland have had for a few years now.

Joe6-2
04-09-2020, 08:28 PM
The new Millwall away kit is pure filth 😍

It’s very nice 👍

DH1875
04-09-2020, 08:31 PM
Thread is lacking some pictures.

MrRobot
04-09-2020, 09:01 PM
what is poor standard about it compared to macron out of interest?

I wanted adidas for hibs as macron wasnt really doing it for me
anymore and i love adidas but the new home top is one of my favourite hibs tops

SteveHFC
04-09-2020, 09:22 PM
Thread is lacking some pictures.

Ask and you shall receive

https://twitter.com/millwallfc/status/1301875687557607425?s=21

supermcginn
04-09-2020, 09:38 PM

Macron are the standard.

Adidas are on a different planet to macron. Macron kits are so naff.

supermcginn
04-09-2020, 09:39 PM
Adidas quality is awful. Used them at a few teams in the past and delighted to only ever use Macron now.

😂😂😂

tonyrougier123
04-09-2020, 09:46 PM

Macron are the standard.

To be honest I’d love to see some Adidas hibs kits,macron have had a few away tops that look class,but not a fan of our home tops by them

Jones28
04-09-2020, 09:57 PM

That is a cracker

DH1875
04-09-2020, 11:23 PM

Link doesn't work.

Moulin Yarns
05-09-2020, 08:02 AM
Link doesn't work.

It does now. 😉

calumhibee1
05-09-2020, 08:18 AM
Adidas are on a different planet to macron. Macron kits are so naff.

Yup. There’s a desperation from football fans to want to look too cool for the big brands when it comes to strips but there’s a reason the likes of Adidas and Nike are the biggest sportswear brands in the world. Their strips are absolutely miles ahead of the likes of Macron. Macron can’t even get their sizes right ffs.

Give me a Nike or adidas template ahead of a Macron monstrosity any day.

Dr What If?
05-09-2020, 08:37 AM
Yup. There’s a desperation from football fans to want to look too cool for the big brands when it comes to strips but there’s a reason the likes of Adidas and Nike are the biggest sportswear brands in the world. Their strips are absolutely miles ahead of the likes of Macron. Macron can’t even get their sizes right ffs.

Sorry but for me Macron has been a breath of fresh air. Haven't bought an adult Hibs shirt in years, that changed last season - didn't think we would get a better one than that.....then they released this seasons and it was even better, no issues with the sizing either.
Will agree there is something classic about the Adidas kits, think its the stripes....reminds me of some of the best teams and best kits ever, they are a class above. Can't agree with Nike though. As a kid in the 80s they were a standard barer of quality but those days are past. Their emergence as a football kit manufacturer has also been very disappointing....they strive for classic but achieve bland, questionable quality as well based on what people were telling me from our recent flirtation with them.

weecounty hibby
05-09-2020, 09:55 AM
The nicest things that Adidas produce are the classic ranges. T-shirts, tops, gutties, all the older ones look best. Although I am the last person you would take fashion advice from!!
I think the macron strips have generally good. I do love the early 80s Adidas Hibs tops though. Again retro

tamig
05-09-2020, 10:50 AM
The nicest things that Adidas produce are the classic ranges. T-shirts, tops, gutties, all the older ones look best. Although I am the last person you would take fashion advice from!!
I think the macron strips have generally good. I do love the early 80s Adidas Hibs tops though. Again retro

Agree. The Originals range with the trefoil branding still churns out some decent retro looking stuff - and relaunches of old favourites. The quality of the shoes has gone way down hill on what it was 30/40 years ago though.

I think the modern Adidas offerings are poor in comparison to days gone by.

FilipinoHibs
05-09-2020, 10:59 AM
I have previous Adidas strip. Pure classic. I will wear it till I die. Gets lots of envious looks here in the Philippines.

LustForLeith
05-09-2020, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know why Adidas don’t make new kits with the trefoil logo? I reckon as soon as they did they’d end up selling loads, even to neutrals

Pretty Boy
05-09-2020, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know why Adidas don’t make new kits with the trefoil logo? I reckon as soon as they did they’d end up selling loads, even to neutrals

It's to do with the corporate structures and subsidiaries that make up the Adidas group. The trefoil logo is exclusive to the Originals and heritage range.

Glory Lurker
05-09-2020, 11:26 AM
Umbro, with diamonds down the sleeves, side of the shorts and top of the socks. Yes please.

That Millwall top is amazing. I could have handled something like that as a home!

Brightside
05-09-2020, 11:29 AM

Adidas and Nike teamwear is simply rotten. Based on experience I would never buy it for a club again. Macron lasts season after season. Don’t be fooled by old school brands churning out cheap rubbish.

EI255
05-09-2020, 11:49 AM
what is poor standard about it compared to macron out of interest?

I wanted adidas for hibs as macron wasnt really doing it for me
anymore and i love adidas but the new home top is one of my favourite hibs topsAdidas is Sports Direct standard now. Think Pierre Cardin, Slazenger etc.

It USED to be good, back in the day. It ain't anymore though.

Whereas Macron is really excellent quality. Material, look and fit.

EI255
05-09-2020, 11:51 AM
I think the macron strips have generally good. I do love the early 80s Adidas Hibs tops though. Again retroLate 80's.

weecounty hibby
05-09-2020, 01:01 PM
Late 80's.

Google the early 80s Hibs tops. Things of absolute beauty

EI255
05-09-2020, 01:23 PM
Google the early 80s Hibs tops. Things of absolute beautyThey were. But they still weren't Adidas.

weecounty hibby
05-09-2020, 01:54 PM
They were. But they still weren't Adidas.

Aye, I'm getting my Umbro and Adidas mixed up! As I said earlier, don't accept fashion tips from me!

jacomo
05-09-2020, 03:21 PM
Sorry but for me Macron has been a breath of fresh air. Haven't bought an adult Hibs shirt in years, that changed last season - didn't think we would get a better one than that.....then they released this seasons and it was even better, no issues with the sizing either.
Will agree there is something classic about the Adidas kits, think its the stripes....reminds me of some of the best teams and best kits ever, they are a class above. Can't agree with Nike though. As a kid in the 80s they were a standard barer of quality but those days are past. Their emergence as a football kit manufacturer has also been very disappointing....they strive for classic but achieve bland, questionable quality as well based on what people were telling me from our recent flirtation with them.

Nike have no business being in football.

Green Man
05-09-2020, 06:15 PM
I’ve been wearing Adidas trainers, both casual and for running, for years. I barely wear anything else. The quality is still good IMO.

Jamesie
05-09-2020, 06:22 PM

Agree with this entirely. I tend to buy some Italian rugby stuff every year and the FIR moved directly from Adidas to Macron - change in quality was night and day.

nellio
06-09-2020, 07:17 PM
The Macron fit is awful. Last shirt I bought I needed 2 sizes up because it was cutting in under my arms so much. Not bought one since.

erin go bragh
06-09-2020, 08:01 PM
I’ve been wearing Adidas trainers, both casual and for running, for years. I barely wear anything else. The quality is still good IMO.

Always found the Adidas trainers to be thin on the sole . Much prefer Lacoste for comfort as a casual trainer . But did wear Adidas for years in my teens to twenties. ( Samba )

Dr What If?
06-09-2020, 09:17 PM

I used to do a lot of long distance running, not so much any more as I did my achilles and the bugger keeps flaring up ever since. Asics were always the best for running but give me a football boot and it had to be adidas. It was the fit more than anything, more breadth, that and they would last. Nike made a very narrow boot and didn't seem to last.
Tried Nike running trainer, thin as anything, little support and premium price tag.

Peevemor
06-09-2020, 10:36 PM
Always found the Adidas trainers to be thin on the sole . Much prefer Lacoste for comfort as a casual trainer . But did wear Adidas for years in my teens to twenties. ( Samba )Mamba, bamba & samba were all good trainers with decent heavy soles that would last ages. Even 'kicks' which were the cheapest were better quality than a lot of the stuff they sell now.

I remember having a pair of 'Tourney' baseball boots. They were the dug's baws!

EI255
07-09-2020, 08:50 PM
I’ve been wearing Adidas trainers, both casual and for running, for years. I barely wear anything else. The quality is still good IMO.The trouble with Adidas is they produce cheap stuff and decent stuff.

Walk into any Sports Direct and look at the Adidas on offer. It's poor. Very poor.

The Adidas shops in Germany etc sell REAL Adidas. Not the same guff we have for sale over here. I include the UK football kits in that. German kits are head and shoulders better quality than the rubbish over here.

Andy74
08-09-2020, 08:09 PM
The new Man U third kit is ‘interesting’.

marinello59
09-09-2020, 07:21 AM

That one has taken things to a whole new level of awful.

Stanton Spence
09-09-2020, 07:41 AM
I always tend to buy addidas originals and I've just bought a pair of Franz beckenbauers which are very well made. They are yellow and black and I had a dortmund fan offer me 100 euros for them on holiday [emoji3]
I will agree about the new stuff tho it's not really addidas standards of old

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Jones28
09-09-2020, 08:52 AM
I think Macron are good, got some good bespoke kits and they seem to be of better quality than the big companies. I do think that they could do with making their replica kit a bit less snug on the sizes. Better for those of us that arent athletes.

I prefer them to adidas, because after 1 season with stripes on the sleeve what else can you do with that?

AndyM_1875
09-09-2020, 11:51 AM
Personally I think the Macron kit has been good quality and my shirts have held up well.
Some Hibs fans get really misty eyed and rose tinted about the adidas kits from the 80s and early 90s and think that's where we need to go. Given what Aberdeen are wearing just now I'd disagree with that because what they get has been template guff and other kits tend to be horribly overpriced (note that Scotland and Celtic shirts retail at £65).

Would much rather when the Macron contract is up that we go to Umbro or Hummell who are both producing some really good kits just now.

Fritz
09-09-2020, 12:17 PM

Not half! They’ll be safe from any u-boats at least!