PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Hickey deal.

DH1875
04-09-2020, 12:27 PM
Someone getting shafted here. £1.8million LOAN fee and then £30k to buy once the loan is done. Dangerous precedent set if it goes ahead.

The 90+2
04-09-2020, 12:27 PM
Celtic getting absolutely chinned. Lovely.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2020, 12:31 PM
Lawyers are going to have some fun with this, is this is a first for hearts to try and shaft someone? :greengrin

hhibs
04-09-2020, 12:32 PM
Someone getting shafted here. £1.8million LOAN fee and then £30k to buy once the loan is done. Dangerous precedent set if it goes ahead.

WOW ! that will be an interesting court case.Hearts really are bonkers if they think Celtic will let that happen without throwing the book at them.

ancient hibee
04-09-2020, 12:32 PM

What difference does it make what it’s called?It’s the money that counts.

Monts
04-09-2020, 12:33 PM
Where is this being reported?

Callum_62
04-09-2020, 12:33 PM
What difference does it make what it’s called?It’s the money that counts.Surley the sell on is only on the permanent transfer fee

Not the loan fee

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Diclonius
04-09-2020, 12:34 PM
That's actually hilarious. Sucks to be Celtic.

Bostonhibby
04-09-2020, 12:34 PM
1.8m is nothing on planet Budge, will be blown to ensure that they don't get relegated again. Same plan as last season.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Del Boy
04-09-2020, 12:35 PM
WOW ! that will be an interesting court case.Hearts really are bonkers if they think Celtic will let that happen without throwing the book at them.

Absolutely. Can’t see this being allowed. Would set a precedent and make sell on percentages pointless. Imagine villa did the same when selling McGinn to AC Milan or something.

Classic Hearts though, constantly looking to bend rules and avoid paying what’s right.

Jones28
04-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Hahahaha

I don’t care, Celtic can away and ****ing die before I’ll feel sorry for them getting shafted in a transfer deal 😂

Taking emotion out of it, surely this sets a dodgy precedent?

DH1875
04-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Celtic getting absolutely chinned. Lovely.

Do we not have a sell on clause with Villa for McGinn? Be alright if we lose out on £10 million then.

04Sauzee
04-09-2020, 12:40 PM
No idea the wording on the contract but you would expect Celtic would get money on what Hearts make from Hickey no matter if it's a loan or a fee.

Not sure why it's structured this way

bringbackbenny
04-09-2020, 12:40 PM

if correct (and they get away with it) it's likely other clubs will be reluctant to sell to them for future similar structured deals.

JeMeSouviens
04-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Hahahaha

I don’t care, Celtic can away and ****ing die before I’ll feel sorry for them getting shafted in a transfer deal 😂

It's a loophole to be closed. I imagine you could tighten up a sell on to cover loan fees as well?

mal
04-09-2020, 12:44 PM

Where are you getting this? It's not what is being reported elsewhere. Here, for instance: https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/aaron-hickey-transfer-hearts-bologna-18876959

Loan with an obligation to buy just sounds like Hearts will have to wait for their money.

hibbysam
04-09-2020, 12:45 PM
Where are you getting this? It's not what is being reported elsewhere. Here, for instance: https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/aaron-hickey-transfer-hearts-bologna-18876959

Loan with an obligation to buy just sounds like Hearts will have to wait for their money.

He’s out of contract next year though. So if they don’t pay money now then they won’t have to pay anything in a year (same as us with Murphy).

The 90+2
04-09-2020, 12:48 PM
Do we not have a sell on clause with Villa for McGinn? Be alright if we lose out on £10 million then.

Why would Aston Villa act like Hearts?

danhibees1875
04-09-2020, 12:53 PM
Why would Aston Villa act like Hearts?

To save £10M. :dunno:

Regardless, quite innovative if the contract was written in such a way that allowed for hearts to profit from such a loophole.

mal
04-09-2020, 12:55 PM
He’s out of contract next year though. So if they don’t pay money now then they won’t have to pay anything in a year (same as us with Murphy).

And he'd still be out of contract at the end of the season whether the fee was £1.8m or £30k as above. Quoting the article:

"Aaron Hickey's transfer from Hearts to Bologna is being reported as an initial loan with an obligation to buy next summer.

This allows the Italian side to structure the payments over a longer period."

If you're obliged to buy you're obliged to buy, like one of those deals whereby you sign up to buy a sofa and don't start paying for 12 months. You don't get to turn around and say you don't want the goods when the payments are due.

mal
04-09-2020, 12:57 PM

Regardless, quite innovative if the contract was written in such a way that allowed for hearts to profit from such a loophole.

What "loophole"? Are you just citing some pish some Jambo told you as if it's a fact?

DH1875
04-09-2020, 12:58 PM

They have an obligation to buy but that obligation is only for £30k. They will have already paid the £1.8million for the loan.

MWHIBBIES
04-09-2020, 01:00 PM
Clever business by Hearts, nothing wrong with it really. Could cost them in the future, though, when it comes to dealing with other clubs.

The 90+2
04-09-2020, 01:02 PM

They’re a premier league club and not small time like hearts. I think this case will be the exception.

Springbank
04-09-2020, 01:04 PM
It would be just like Hearts to try this, pat themselves on the backs, only to find that they lose a court case and at least 50% of the fee in fines.

Real Mallorca goalposts
Brellier's earring
Fulton's ugly puss
Leslie Dean's legal advice on relegation
Hearts & Partick's court case

I would not be surprised to see "Aaron Hickey's Loan" added to that list soon

Moulin Yarns
04-09-2020, 01:05 PM
They have an obligation to buy but that obligation is only for £30k. They will have already paid the £1.8million for the loan.

Definitely not how it's reported in the Sun, Record, or any other source I've seen. It's a loan with an obligation to pay £1.8m next season.

Have hibs not taken Murphy on loan for the season with an obligation to buy next season? No difference.

Smartie
04-09-2020, 01:16 PM
Hahahaha

Also, if this was fair game then why has nobody thought of doing it before?

MWHIBBIES
04-09-2020, 01:21 PM
Also, if this was fair game then why has nobody thought of doing it before?

It all depends on how the clause is structured. Maybe Celtic have been stupid here.

neil7908
04-09-2020, 01:33 PM
That's the biggest Hearts move I've ever seen. They really know how to shaft folk.

GreenArmy1875
04-09-2020, 01:34 PM
Typical behaviour from Hearts. Wont do them any favours longer term. No club will believe they will stick to agreements on these type of deals.

mal
04-09-2020, 01:34 PM

Again, where are you getting your information? Keeping repeating it without citing your source is unhelpful and makes me suspect that it is bollocks, especially since it does not correspond with what is being reported elsewhere.

I'm generally tired of unsourced pish being reported on the internet and then regurgitated as if it is true.

danhibees1875
04-09-2020, 01:40 PM
What "loophole"? Are you just citing some pish some Jambo told you as if it's a fact?

All the information I have on it is this thread, no idea of it's true or not and why I used the word "if".

Since452
04-09-2020, 01:40 PM
Made up nonsense from Kickback

mal
04-09-2020, 01:51 PM
All the information I have on it is this thread, no idea of it's true or not and why I used the word "if".

Fantastic. Obvious pish reported as if it was fact. What a waste of time.

danhibees1875
04-09-2020, 01:56 PM

The theory behind sell on clauses in deals, how they're written, and possibly loop holes is discussed quite frequently - especially due to McGinn and any future money we would be due and then potentially due to st mirren.

calumhibee1
04-09-2020, 02:18 PM

Calm doon.

Moulin Yarns
04-09-2020, 02:20 PM

Actually reported like this

https://www-edinburghlive-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/aaron-hickey-transfer-hearts-bologna-18876959.amp?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15992290607381&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.edinburghlive.co.uk%2Fs port%2Ffootball%2Faaron-hickey-transfer-hearts-bologna-18876959

https://www-dailyrecord-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/aaron-hickey-bologna-done-hearts-22626330.amp?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15992291271186&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyrecord.co.uk%2Fspo rt%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-transfer-news%2Faaron-hickey-bologna-done-hearts-22626330

https://www-dailyrecord-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/aaron-hickey-bologna-done-hearts-22626330.amp?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15992291271186&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyrecord.co.uk%2Fspo rt%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-transfer-news%2Faaron-hickey-bologna-done-hearts-22626330

None of which say it's a £1.8million loan followed by a £30k purchase.

weecounty hibby
04-09-2020, 02:24 PM
Has this been reported by Dazjambo or kiwidug***** or perhaps even saughton jambo? After all they are never wrong when it comes to hearts information

mal
04-09-2020, 03:00 PM
The theory behind sell on clauses in deals, how they're written, and possibly loop holes is discussed quite frequently - especially due to McGinn and any future money we would be due and then potentially due to st mirren.

What has that got to do with you starting a pointless thread with obvious nonsense?

I can't quite believe that several people swallowed this garbage.

SMAXXA
04-09-2020, 03:02 PM
I believe it’s to get around the financial fair play side of things from Bologna side of things

danhibees1875
04-09-2020, 03:03 PM
What has that got to do with you starting a pointless thread with obvious nonsense?

What are you talking about? I didn't start any thread.

SMAXXA
04-09-2020, 03:05 PM
Why do folk pretend to know what’s in contracts and deals. Reading about McGinns deal etc, it’s pure fantasy the mechanics and who’s due what other than we are due 15% sell on as confirmed at the AGM. Don’t think St M are even due any of this but I don’t know for a fact so won’t claim it is so

The 90+2
04-09-2020, 03:06 PM
Mals going ****ing tonto on this thread 🤣🤣🤣

mal
04-09-2020, 03:09 PM
What are you talking about? I didn't start any thread.

Sincere apologies, I thought I was speaking to the thread starter. I read "DH1875" and not the "an ibees" bit.

danhibees1875
04-09-2020, 03:17 PM
Sincere apologies, I thought I was speaking to the thread starter. I read "DH1875" and not the "an ibees" bit.

:aok:

mal
04-09-2020, 03:18 PM

Yeah. I'm starting to think the internet may not be for me. Facts and logic seem to be increasingly devalued until it ceases to be useful as a communication tool.

CropleyWasGod
04-09-2020, 03:18 PM

Something has Triggered him.

mal
04-09-2020, 03:20 PM
Something has Triggered him.

And yet the internet is great for puns, so that's something. Silver lining...

CMurdoch
04-09-2020, 03:33 PM
Yeah. I'm starting to think the internet may not be for me. Facts and logic seem to be increasingly devalued until it ceases to be useful as a communication tool.

When it comes to any information, in any setting, it's all about the source. Always, always, always.
If the source is crap then you should be taking the information with a massive pinch of salt and reading between the lines re motive, likelihood etc.

This story is no different and anyone who believes that Celtic are gonna be stitched up by the structuring of payments isn't the brightest.
That contract and the McGinn contract re sell ons will be as tight as a duck arse.

Saturday Boy
04-09-2020, 03:33 PM

I’m keeping out of this. Celebrity horses are so yesterday.

hibbysam
04-09-2020, 03:35 PM
And he'd still be out of contract at the end of the season whether the fee was £1.8m or £30k as above. Quoting the article:

"Aaron Hickey's transfer from Hearts to Bologna is being reported as an initial loan with an obligation to buy next summer.

This allows the Italian side to structure the payments over a longer period."

If you're obliged to buy you're obliged to buy, like one of those deals whereby you sign up to buy a sofa and don't start paying for 12 months. You don't get to turn around and say you don't want the goods when the payments are due.

You can’t ‘buy’ him from someone that doesn’t own him though, unless they’re buying him before his contract ends... the £30k part doesn’t make any sense at all. Seems like a made up, token amount as if he was under contract, when in fact he isn’t. The £1.8m part for a loan is believable, the £30k isn’t.

Spike Mandela
04-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Irrespective of the way the fee is structured I am actually astonished they got this sort of fee for him.

Anytime I have seen him on telly or in the flesh he’s made the occasional run forward but anything defensively he’s floundering about like a headless chicken. Played his part in possibly THE worst Hearts defence I have ever witnessed alongside the other overblown non entity Souttar.

Credit to Hearts for getting this sort of fee, they have previous of course, remember £1m for Osaman Sow:rolleyes:

Since452
04-09-2020, 03:56 PM
Irrespective of the way the fee is structured I am actually astonished they got this sort of fee for him.

Anytime I have seen him on telly or in the flesh he’s made the occasional run forward but anything defensively he’s floundering about like a headless chicken. Played his part in possibly THE worst Hearts defence I have ever witnessed alongside the other overblown non entity Souttar.

Credit to Hearts for getting this sort of fee, they have previous of course, remember £1m for Osaman Sow:rolleyes:

Think it's more the potential. He's only 18 and already their best player by a distance

EI255
04-09-2020, 03:59 PM
They won't get away with that.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Juniper Greens
04-09-2020, 04:11 PM
You can’t ‘buy’ him from someone that doesn’t own him though, unless they’re buying him before his contract ends... the £30k part doesn’t make any sense at all. Seems like a made up, token amount as if he was under contract, when in fact he isn’t. The £1.8m part for a loan is believable, the £30k isn’t.

You can. He will be young enough that hearts would be due a development fee. This could be to waive the development fee, which is often set in a tribunal

Hibs Class
04-09-2020, 04:14 PM
Cannot see anything about this on the BBC Championship section.

lord bunberry
04-09-2020, 04:14 PM

The lady doth protest too much meethinks.

Spike Mandela
04-09-2020, 04:22 PM
Think it's more the potential. He's only 18 and already their best player by a distance

Most of my Hearts mates I speak to laugh delightedly when you you talk of a big fee for Hickey, they don’t really understand it either. According to them Smith was their best player last year.:dunno:

Franck Stanton
04-09-2020, 04:23 PM

To be honest, that's not a very big yardstick as they are all total hammerthrowers.

Saturday Boy
04-09-2020, 04:29 PM
To be honest, that's not a very big yardstick as they are all total hammerthrowers.

When I was a lad, all yardsticks were the same size.

Youngsters nowadays 🤔

hibbysam
04-09-2020, 04:30 PM
You can. He will be young enough that hearts would be due a development fee. This could be to waive the development fee, which is often set in a tribunal

Can’t say how much time he spent at each, but Wiki has him being at Hearts then Celtic’s youth academy. No idea how the development fee works and who is due what but I doubt he’s spent enough time in their academy for that. No idea though.

Regardless, the £1.8m would more than make up for any development fee lost, although wouldn’t have surprised me had Hearts left that agreement out, he left for ‘nothing’ after getting the £1.8m loan fee, then took Bologna to court for a development fee on top of that.

Bostonhibby
04-09-2020, 04:34 PM
I’m keeping out of this. Celebrity horses are so yesterday.I'm not having that. Mister Ed could easily prepare and deliver a better statement than any Hearts spokesperson, and he'd have delivered the task force objective of restructuring Scottish football to save Hearts no problem.

The 90+2
04-09-2020, 05:00 PM

It’s what happens in the world of football forums all over the globe I would imagine? Southamptons fans forum have probs just deleted their Messi is signing thread for example. Would try and be less would up with such fabrications.

silverhibee
05-09-2020, 10:36 AM

Leave me out of it.

calumhibee1
05-09-2020, 10:47 AM
Most of my Hearts mates I speak to laugh delightedly when you you talk of a big fee for Hickey, they don’t really understand it either. According to them Smith was their best player last year.:dunno:

I’ve only really seen Hickey against Hibs but I’d definitely have said he was their best player. Not exceptional, but bearing in mind he’s 18 he’s definitely got a lot of potential. He’s ****ing thick though, his after match interview a while ago was a beauty.

Smith is solid, nothing more, nothing less.

Col2
05-09-2020, 10:49 AM
Looks like he is going to bologna which is a great move for him.

Hearts getting £450k up front and £900k further down the line, presumably performance related. Celtic will be getting one third of that so Hearts windfall is more like £300k with up to £600k in the future if the lad plays games.

Should be enough to cover the legal costs of the last few months 😉

EI255
05-09-2020, 11:53 AM

Hearts getting £450k up front and £900k further down the line, presumably performance related. Celtic will be getting one third of that so Hearts windfall is more like £300k with up to £600k in the future if the lad plays games.

Should be enough to cover the legal costs of the last few months [emoji6]Aye. Chewbaka won't see a penny of it.

Future17
05-09-2020, 11:56 AM
An initial loan with an obligation to buy is for the benefit of the buying club. Nothing to do with circumventing sell-on clauses.

Centre Hawf
05-09-2020, 03:42 PM
The lad has great potential to be a decent player at a decent level. Will he make it to KT or Robbos level? probably not. But then that doesn't make him a failure either.

Is It On....
05-09-2020, 04:10 PM

Can't really see how Hearts have done anything illegal. Morally wrong but not legally..

Is It On....
05-09-2020, 04:11 PM
Aye. Chewbaka won't see a penny of it.

When did he change from being called The Caveman? 😂

tonyrougier123
05-09-2020, 04:14 PM
That team is getting stripped bare,reality hitting hard for the jambos these days.

Is It On....
05-09-2020, 04:24 PM

Hi ho..

calumhibee1
05-09-2020, 04:50 PM
That team is getting stripped bare,reality hitting hard for the jambos these days.

Yup. I just went on their website and their squad is dreadful. Considering they’ve 3 or 4 absolute crocks as well they will struggle big time next season without some decent signings. If they manage to win the league it certainly won’t be at a canter anyway.

Col2
05-09-2020, 04:55 PM
Heads firmly in the sand on kickback. This guys covering all the bases, as long as they are all favorable to Hearts 😂😂

5 hours ago, been here before said:
If various reports are reasonably close to the truth...

The club nets about 1.5m

Hickey has the chance of a fantastc lifestyle with some amount if wedge for a boy his age.

Bologna get a great prospect.

Might be a sell on fee.

Might be a loan back arrangement.

Sellick miss out on a signing.

Sellick look like missing out on c500k

Sellick fans raging/offeeded/oppressed and are thus talking of boycotting Tynecastle.

Im struggling to see a down side to any of this.

Since90+2
05-09-2020, 05:08 PM
If Hearts try and mess Celtic around they will end up on the losing side. They always do against Celtic.

Iggy Pope
05-09-2020, 09:46 PM
Yup. I just went on their website and their squad is dreadful. Considering they’ve 3 or 4 absolute crocks as well they will struggle big time next season without some decent signings. If they manage to win the league it certainly won’t be at a canter anyway.

Some of the footage on that Burnley YouTube clip looks like there are already players there not giving much of a toss.

Springbank
05-09-2020, 09:52 PM

Should be enough to cover the legal costs of the last few months 😉

No idea if your figures are accurate or not, but if we say they are for a second...

£300k this summer, when no fans can attend games & hearts have 14 home games (not 19) is a £300k figure that barely touches the sides of the losses from regular income hearts wouldve hoped to earn in 2020 before we all realised what a pandemic did.

I dont see much of a transfer kitty coming out of that £300k figure this summer, if that's the upfront fee for hearts here

hibbysam
05-09-2020, 10:23 PM
No idea if your figures are accurate or not, but if we say they are for a second...

£300k this summer, when no fans can attend games & hearts have 14 home games (not 19) is a £300k figure that barely touches the sides of the losses from regular income hearts wouldve hoped to earn in 2020 before we all realised what a pandemic did.

I dont see much of a transfer kitty coming out of that £300k figure this summer, if that's the upfront fee for hearts here

Remember that hearts have also promised their STH’s 18 home games guaranteed. They have a max of 14 this season, but probably more likely only to have 10 or less by the time full crowds are allowed back, meaning 1/2 of next season will be ‘free’ for their STH’s. That’s a lot of money not coming through the door next year, and whether morally decent, it’s business suicide when the fans (like ours) would have purchased them regardless.

oneone73
05-09-2020, 11:11 PM
Remember that hearts have also promised their STH’s 18 home games guaranteed. They have a max of 14 this season, but probably more likely only to have 10 or less by the time full crowds are allowed back, meaning 1/2 of next season will be ‘free’ for their STH’s. That’s a lot of money not coming through the door next year, and whether morally decent, it’s business suicide when the fans (like ours) would have purchased them regardless.

Surely the ST holders will fobbed off with the League Cup section games? Does that take it up to 17?

Chip shop Joe
05-09-2020, 11:15 PM
Don’t forget they also have their benefactor whose firm have just made an absolute fortune on Tesla and Amazon shares.

The 90+2
05-09-2020, 11:37 PM
Don’t forget they also have their benefactor whose firm have just made an absolute fortune on Tesla and Amazon shares.

Wonder why he didn’t just buy them instead of whistlers mother?

Chip shop Joe
06-09-2020, 07:19 AM
Wonder why he didn’t just buy them instead of whistlers mother?

Don’t know but I am glad he didn’t!

hibbysam
06-09-2020, 08:32 AM
Surely the ST holders will fobbed off with the League Cup section games? Does that take it up to 17?

There’s no chance crowds are back at those levels in just 4 weeks time. That was maybe the plan, but can’t see that at all. I’m sure they’ll have some sob story to the fans about writing the games off as goodwill which they’ll all swallow.

Billy Whizz
06-09-2020, 08:39 AM
Would be nice to get into one of Hibs home Betfred cup games, club could do with the revenue too

Col2
06-09-2020, 09:52 AM

The investment performance of clients funds in certain shares that may have an increased return for an investment firm has no direct relation to a tin pot on its knees championship football club.

eezyrider
06-09-2020, 10:20 AM
When it comes to any information, in any setting, it's all about the source. Always, always, always.
If the source is crap then you should be taking the information with a massive pinch of salt and reading between the lines re motive, likelihood etc.

This story is no different and anyone who believes that Celtic are gonna be stitched up by the structuring of payments isn't the brightest.
That contract and the McGinn contract re sell ons will be as tight as a duck arse.

Exactly. The deal will have been worded in general terms so that it includes any money for the player moving, irrespective of how it's termed.

EZ

matty_f
06-09-2020, 10:28 AM
I'm not having that. Mister Ed could easily prepare and deliver a better statement than any Hearts spokesperson, and he'd have delivered the task force objective of restructuring Scottish football to save Hearts no problem.

He’d have to dictate it, though. Can’t imagine his handwriting or typing skills are up to much.

Bostonhibby
06-09-2020, 10:39 AM
He’d have to dictate it, though. Can’t imagine his handwriting or typing skills are up to much.Very similar to the good doctor's I am reliably informed.

FilipinoHibs
06-09-2020, 11:21 AM
The investment performance of clients funds in certain shares that may have an increased return for an investment firm has no direct relation to a tin pot on its knees championship football club.

CapitalGreen did say Benny cut back on his charity spending with Hearts well down the list when stocks sold off in March. Benny will have his own money invested in the fund. So his wealth will be affected by the performance of these stocks. I note recently over the last two days Tech stocks are down over 6%. A bubble created by a Japanese bank speculating on tech shares using derivatives is starting to burst.

Chip shop Joe
06-09-2020, 11:27 AM

I completely disagree. He/his fund will have made a fortune from investing in these shares in the form of either commission or in his own private share dealings. As someone who has apparently been putting money into Hearts for a period of time then his personal wealth very much has a bearing on Hearts. Whether he invests/gifts any more cash is another matter.

Chip shop Joe
06-09-2020, 11:34 AM
CapitalGreen did say Benny cut back on his charity spending with Hearts well down the list when stocks sold off in March. Benny will have his own money invested in the fund. So his wealth will be affected by the performance of these stocks. I note recently over the last two days Tech stocks are down over 6%. A bubble created by a Japanese bank speculating on tech shares using derivatives is starting to burst.

Yes down 6% in the last couple of days but up about 500-1000% in the last year.

Baillie Gifford gained something like £10-15bn on Tesla alone, not to mention any other US tech stocks that are going through the roof at the moment. As one of the fund managers, James Anderson will have made millions on these shares.

Iggy Pope
06-09-2020, 12:34 PM

Reads like a well learned post that I can’t understand a word of.

Col2
06-09-2020, 01:23 PM
I completely disagree. He/his fund will have made a fortune from investing in these shares in the form of either commission or in his own private share dealings. As someone who has apparently been putting money into Hearts for a period of time then his personal wealth very much has a bearing on Hearts. Whether he invests/gifts any more cash is another matter.

You are picking two high profile stocks of which his client funds will have benefited but given the volatility of the market and world wide business there are very few funds that are outperforming last year.

Then making a leap of fair about the benefactors personal wealth and involvement in Ha Ha Hearts.

In the world of reality, Hearts are cost cutting and signing average (on paper) journey men or players who has lost there way. They ar not paying transfer fees. Therefore all indications based on actual reality suggest they have very little funding support other than to keep the lights on.

greenginger
06-09-2020, 01:35 PM
Yes down 6% in the last couple of days but up about 500-1000% in the last year.

Baillie Gifford gained something like £10-15bn on Tesla alone, not to mention any other US tech stocks that are going through the roof at the moment. As one of the fund managers, James Anderson will have made millions on these shares.

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/s/scottish-mortgage-it-ordinary-shares-5p/share-charts

Scottish Mortgage gone up from about £ 5 a share in 2018 to £ 9 + at its highest,

Anderson will be paid a salary and bonuses as fund manager and will make extra depending on his personal holding in the fund ( if allowed )

I’ve never seen Anderson’s name on the Scottish Rich List

Chip shop Joe
06-09-2020, 01:41 PM
You are picking two high profile stocks of which his client funds will have benefited but given the volatility of the market and world wide business there are very few funds that are outperforming last year.

Then making a leap of fair about the benefactors personal wealth and involvement in Ha Ha Hearts.

In the world of reality, Hearts are cost cutting and signing average (on paper) journey men or players who has lost there way. They ar not paying transfer fees. Therefore all indications based on actual reality suggest they have very little funding support other than to keep the lights on.

Who knows if he is investing or will invest but to say very few firms are outperforming last year is incorrect.

James Anderson’’s fund is up something like 60% with the Tesla shares alone making the company and investors billions and him even at a very small percentage of this a lot of money.

As a above whether he invests or not is up to him but he has made a lot of money (as have a huge amount of fund managers) in the last few months and he is in a better place to help Hearts should he wish to do so.

Moulin Yarns
06-09-2020, 01:53 PM
https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/s/scottish-mortgage-it-ordinary-shares-5p/share-charts

Scottish Mortgage gone up from about £ 5 a share in 2018 to £ 9 + at its highest,

Anderson will be paid a salary and bonuses as fund manager and will make extra depending on his personal holding in the fund ( if allowed )

I’ve never seen Anderson’s name on the Scottish Rich List

He hasn't appeared on the rich list because of his bad judgement on giving money to lost causes. 😉