PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ALAN COMBE DEPARTS CLUB

RSS Bot
03-09-2020, 03:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10733)

bigwheel
03-09-2020, 03:01 PM
Good luck in the future Alan...sad to see a Hibee leaving from the management team....

Billy Whizz
03-09-2020, 03:02 PM
Disappointed to read this
Got to know Alan quite well when I went to the development games

Best of luck Alan, hope you get something soon

Vault Boy
03-09-2020, 03:04 PM
Thanks for all of your work Alan. What an amazing moment for a Hibs fan to be a part of.

Hopefully he finds a new role soon.

Since452
03-09-2020, 03:05 PM
I'd like to see him back maybe in a coaching role one day

Billy Whizz
03-09-2020, 03:10 PM

Think you can do better than that

bigwheel
03-09-2020, 03:11 PM
Disappointed to read this
Got to know Alan quite well when I went to the development games

Best of luck Alan, hope you get something soon

For some reason Jack Ross must fancy Craig Samson more..

JohnM1875
03-09-2020, 03:13 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't get this? See it on Twitter all the time as well.

J-C
03-09-2020, 03:14 PM

Tiresome

JimBHibees
03-09-2020, 03:14 PM

Probably just the comfort of having worked with Craig Samson before. Personally think it is good for a coach to have a strong coaching team who he has worked with and can trust. Think that worked well with Stubbs and his assistants.

bigwheel
03-09-2020, 03:29 PM
Probably just the comfort of having worked with Craig Samson before. Personally think it is good for a coach to have a strong coaching team who he has worked with and can trust. Think that worked well with Stubbs and his assistants.

Seems that way, and has to be supported if the Manager wants it. always thought Alan was doing a good job (albeit from a fans viewpoint )..decent keeper performance in recent seasons ...

Billy Whizz
03-09-2020, 03:37 PM

Think Samson is signed as a goalie too

03-09-2020, 03:41 PM
Seems that way, and has to be supported if the Manager wants it. always thought Alan was doing a good job (albeit from a fans viewpoint )..decent keeper performance in recent seasons ...

I thought he should have been coaxing Marciano off his line to collect more cross balls and to improve on his distribution of the ball.
I think in the last few weeks there has been an improvement with both and maybe that is down to Samson!

bigwheel
03-09-2020, 03:49 PM

god, hope he's never needed...he was bad enough when he played...last competitive games was about two years ago I think....

NASAHIBS
03-09-2020, 03:59 PM

He is Billy. Seen he had a squad number on the SPFL site at the start of the season.
Didn't fancy him as a keeper when he played, but hopefully only called upon in a real emergency.

Billy Whizz
03-09-2020, 04:06 PM
He is Billy. Seen he had a squad number on the SPFL site at the start of the season.
Didn't fancy him as a keeper when he played, but hopefully only called upon in a real emergency.

Thanks
Have you got a link to this, can’t seem to find it on SPFL site, which is a nightmare to navigate

JimBHibees
03-09-2020, 04:36 PM
I thought he should have been coaxing Marciano off his line to collect more cross balls and to improve on his distribution of the ball.
I think in the last few weeks there has been an improvement with both and maybe that is down to Samson!

I would say Rocky appears more commanding on cross balls however may just be feeling confident and in good form.

The 90+2
03-09-2020, 04:38 PM
Good luck to Combe for the future! Was with us when we won the cup so I’m sure he’s more than delighted with his time here.

Inconsequential
03-09-2020, 04:57 PM
I think in the last few weeks there has been an improvement with both and maybe that is down to Samson! Spot on. Often wondered what exactly the goalkeeper coach did with Marciano. Most folk recognise he has a weakness at crosses and distribution. In previous seasons it never got any better but seems to have improved recently. Whether a change of coach has helped in this regard time will tell.

Baldy Foghorn
03-09-2020, 06:28 PM
Good luck AC

RoYO!
03-09-2020, 06:50 PM
Sad to see him go. Maybe return in a coaching role in future?

Already been said on this thread and it's not getting any better with age..

This is a guy who lifted the scottish cup as part of our coaching team. Sincere thanks for all your efforts Alan!

The Wireless
03-09-2020, 06:52 PM
Maybe sentiment but always disappointed to see anyone with the Hibs DNA leave our club. I understand there are circumstances either way and accept the hopefully amicable outcome. Thank you Alan for your work and dedication and the very best for the future.

Jones28
03-09-2020, 07:25 PM
Good luck to Combe for the future! Was with us when we won the cup so I’m sure he’s more than delighted with his time here.

He was with us when we won the league cup too...in a way.

Fergos
03-09-2020, 07:26 PM
Already been said on this thread and it's not getting any better with age..

This is a guy who lifted the scottish cup as part of our coaching team. Sincere thanks for all your efforts Alan!

Am I the only one not getting the return to coaching role apparent joke or whatever it is?

GGTTH

The 90+2
03-09-2020, 07:31 PM
He was with us when we won the league cup too...in a way.

I think he will have forgotten that yin though 😃

The 90+2
03-09-2020, 07:32 PM
Am I the only one not getting the return to coaching role apparent joke or whatever it is?

GGTTH

Nae idea. Can’t even mind reading many posts ever about a player returning as a coach apart from Whittaker maybe.

HoboHarry
03-09-2020, 08:10 PM

GGTTH
You aren't alone, I don't get it either.....

BILLYHIBS
03-09-2020, 08:12 PM
:top marks

NASAHIBS
03-09-2020, 09:19 PM
Thanks
Have you got a link to this, can’t seem to find it on SPFL site, which is a nightmare to navigate

https://spfl.co.uk/news/premiership-squad-numbers-46820

J-C
03-09-2020, 09:28 PM

GGTTH

Some posters think it's hilarious when anyone leaves the club, to want them back as a coach no matter who or how good they were.

Sammy7nil
03-09-2020, 09:35 PM
Some posters think it's hilarious when anyone leaves the club, to want them back as a coach no matter who or how good they were.

It would be good to see JC back as a coach �� one day �� ��

Seriously good luck I hope Alan has something else lined up.

The 90+2
03-09-2020, 10:16 PM

Where about? Horgan left didn’t see that or Jackson. Makes no sense at all (the random **** and not your post).

SMAXXA
03-09-2020, 10:20 PM
Where about? Horgan left didn’t see that or Jackson. Makes no sense at all (the random **** and not your post).

You see it in Twitter all the time, I do find maself also thinking it’s pretty boring and no sure why folk find it funny. Maybe am just a killjoy though each to their own

The 90+2
03-09-2020, 10:23 PM
You see it in Twitter all the time, I do find maself also thinking it’s pretty boring and no sure why folk find it funny. Maybe am just a killjoy though each to their own

Each to their own mate. Boring as, as you’ve said 👍 can’t see anything funny in it at all.

Phil MaGlass
04-09-2020, 06:54 AM
Good to change trainers evrery so often otherwise things will get stale, new ideas need to be brought in .

Billy Whizz
04-09-2020, 07:13 AM
https://spfl.co.uk/news/premiership-squad-numbers-46820

Thanks, that’s quite out of date, as Jackson has been away for a bit
Noticed Josh O’Connor name on this, as well as a fee other young players so he must have signed, although I can’t remember seeing it announced

NASAHIBS
04-09-2020, 11:58 AM
Thanks, that’s quite out of date, as Jackson has been away for a bit
Noticed Josh O’Connor name on this, as well as a fee other young players so he must have signed, although I can’t remember seeing it announced

No problem. Yes, they posted it on 4 August, so quite a few changes with players in and out since then.

LustForLeith
05-09-2020, 11:09 AM
All the best to Alan. He was a wee bit older than me at school and his family were pally with mine. I think he did well to recover after I scored worldies into him at Lorne Primary and Male it as a footballer

lord bunberry
05-09-2020, 11:46 AM
All the best to Alan. He was a wee bit older than me at school and his family were pally with mine. I think he did well to recover after I scored worldies into him at Lorne Primary and Male it as a footballer
He lived in the stair next to me on Lorne Street growing up, he was a year older than me.

Frazerbob
21-09-2020, 06:55 PM
Combie has joined Cove as GK coach.