PDA

View Full Version : League Cup PPV option confirmed

Sir David Gray
01-09-2020, 05:12 PM
Sorry if this has been covered already, I had a quick skim over the threads on the first page and couldn't see it.

The SPFL has announced today that for any group games not being shown on Premier Sports, clubs will be able to stream them on a PPV basis in the same way as the Premiership games have worked. Up to 16 group games will be broadcast on Premier Sports. Our games v Brora and Forfar will be PPV and Cove and Dundee on Premier Sports.

Also an increase in prize money.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-announces-17-increase-in-betfred-cup-cash

Eyrie
01-09-2020, 05:17 PM
Good to hear that.

Interesting to see what happens with coverage of the game at Station Park.

Billy Whizz
01-09-2020, 05:39 PM
Wonder what Hibs will charge for the non TV game v Brora
If we are able to get in, would be quite a healthy crowd I’d have thought😄

LaMotta
01-09-2020, 07:06 PM
Premier Sports can GTF. Their emergence on the scene is just irritating.

green&left
01-09-2020, 07:10 PM

Ken. Imagine bidding more than sky, bt or BBC the *******s while increasing prize money.

LaMotta
01-09-2020, 07:58 PM
Ken. Imagine bidding more than sky, bt or BBC the *******s while increasing prize money.

Oh I get that. And thats all very well. But for the public it means yet another channel to subscribe to and pay for if you want to legally watch the chosen TV games.

Satellite Sports channels one area where increased competition and choice in the marketplace actually means you have to pay more.

hibbyfraelibby
02-09-2020, 08:41 AM

Sons of Setanta...the SEVCO of TV Sports broadcasting

Itsnoteasy
02-09-2020, 08:18 PM
Sorry if this has been covered already, I had a quick skim over the threads on the first page and couldn't see it.

The SPFL has announced today that for any group games not being shown on Premier Sports, clubs will be able to stream them on a PPV basis in the same way as the Premiership games have worked. Up to 16 group games will be broadcast on Premier Sports. Our games v Brora and Forfar will be PPV and Cove and Dundee on Premier Sports.

Also an increase in prize money.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-announces-17-increase-in-betfred-cup-cash

Fantastic news. More free football on IPTV

Big_Franck
03-09-2020, 06:53 AM
Oh I get that. And thats all very well. But for the public it means yet another channel to subscribe to and pay for if you want to legally watch the chosen TV games.

Satellite Sports channels one area where increased competition and choice in the marketplace actually means you have to pay more.

Not if you get a firestick.

Looking forward to these games. Hopefully we'll see Gullan, Nisbet and Doidge banging in a few.

Coco Bryce
03-09-2020, 12:04 PM
And that's why more and more of us watch these channels illegally :greengrin