PDA

View Full Version : DAFC German Investment

04Sauzee
01-09-2020, 01:11 PM
I'm not going to pretend i know what this means for Dunfermline Athletic, if it's a good thing or a bad thing or what it means regarding fans ownership?

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Club_Update&ID=12543

lord bunberry
01-09-2020, 01:15 PM
I'm not going to pretend i know what this means for Dunfermline Athletic, if it's a good thing or a bad thing or what it means regarding fans ownership?

Hopefully it means they win the championship.

Peevemor
01-09-2020, 01:17 PM

Good for them - it looks interesting.

(Does anyone else automatically imagine an 'Allo 'Allo style accent when reading what the Germans are saying?°

Keith_M
01-09-2020, 01:37 PM
They seem to have a background of investment in Shipping, so sport is a new field for them (pun intended).

Presumably this has been in the planning since March of this year, as that's when they registered the company name of 'DAFC' in Germany and they haven't used that name in any of their other companies (e.g. Quarterdeck GMBH & Quarterdeck Shipping*)

* Same name used twice, 'QS' I and 'QS' II

The 90+2
01-09-2020, 04:04 PM
Good luck to them. Anyone that supports me instead of following the huns on tv is good with me.

Jack
01-09-2020, 04:27 PM
Would that make the Pars the only Championship club to own their training facility?

The 90+2
01-09-2020, 04:28 PM
Would that make the Pars the only Championship club to own their training facility?

I’m not sure but wasnt hearts meant to be the first fan owned club in the whole entire world yet still don’t own theirs but Motherwell and Dunfermline do and I think Morton.

01-09-2020, 04:32 PM
They seem to have a background of investment in Shipping, so sport is a new field for them (pun intended).

Presumably this has been in the planning since March of this year, as that's when they registered the company name of 'DAFC' in Germany and they haven't used that name in any of their other companies (e.g. Quarterdeck GMBH & Quarterdeck Shipping*)

* Same name used twice, 'QS' I and 'QS' II

There's a Q&A on DAFC website. Yes two of the group seem to be shipping and banking. They'll probably be the money guys. Other two are from a sports background. One of them is a former German Tennis Pro (Damir Keretic) who owns a Marketing Agency and the other Thomas Meggle, former professional football player and Sporting Director with FC St. Pauli https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Meggle

Bostonhibby
01-09-2020, 04:44 PM
Good luck to them, maybe they'll be another one in the long line waiting to get advice from Championship club Hearts owner Mrs doctor Budge on how to run a football club and simultaneously make an absolute erse of handling the fan ownership transfer and the fans cash?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
01-09-2020, 04:47 PM
Think this will put Stevie Crawford under pressure from the off

CMurdoch
01-09-2020, 04:52 PM
Time will tell but investors with no connection to a club generally worry me and this is no different.
Dunfermline have a great asset in the form of a good size modern stadium and they will be giving these guys ownership of 75% of it all.

The good news for their fans is that if the investment is significant the coast will be clear to get themselves back into the SPFL once Hearts depart the 2nd tier, so in the short term it should work for them.

But
the club, it's assets and it's destiny are no longer in their hands

Keith_M
01-09-2020, 05:07 PM
There's a Q&A on DAFC website. Yes two of the group seem to be shipping and banking. They'll probably be the money guys. Other two are from a sports background. One of them is a former German Tennis Pro (Damir Keretic) who owns a Marketing Agency and the other Thomas Meggle, former professional football player and Sporting Director with FC St. Pauli https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Meggle

Sorry, I should have said the business background was mostly shipping.

The two you quoted appear to be quite new in investment, and not the main men behind the group of compnaies. Maybe their arrival has encouraged this investment in sport?

As others have said, I hope it goes well for them.

p.s. If anybody's interested in looking into the current and previous company links, this (https://www.northdata.de/DAFC+Fussball+GmbH,+Hamburg/HRB+161667) is a good site (see 'Netzwerk'). Though you do need a spattering of German ;-)

Billy Whizz
01-09-2020, 05:08 PM
Sorry, I should have said the business background was mostly shipping.

The two you quoted appear to be quite new in investment, and not the main men behind the group of compnaies. Maybe their arrival has encouraged this investment in sport?

As others have said, I hope it goes well for them.

A strong Dunfermline would be an asset to the Top League

Keith_M
01-09-2020, 05:18 PM
A strong Dunfermline would be an asset to the Top League

:agree:

Seveno
01-09-2020, 05:33 PM
Sounds great for Dunfermline and for Scottish football in general. A strong DAFC is good for the game.

The Germans are going to love Stephen’s Steak Bridies.

brianmc
01-09-2020, 05:45 PM

Why'd you think that?

Having read through the whole Q&A I never once got that feeling.

davhibby
01-09-2020, 05:55 PM

They’d have been right in the relegation battle without Nisbett last season so I’d be surprised if he lasts very long. He’s been hanging on to the job pretty much since he got it

Dmas
01-09-2020, 06:09 PM
Good luck to them, I don’t know if it’s the same people
In charge at dunfermline but they did knock back Big bad vlad at one point so I’d like to think they’ve done their homework on this group

Billy Whizz
01-09-2020, 06:12 PM
Why'd you think that?

Having read through the whole Q&A I never once got that feeling.

I’ve a few friends who are Pars Supporters. Basically said they panicked and gave him a 2 year contact, when they thought he was joining Robbie at Dundee Utd
Seeming a good coach, but not a manager

Col2
01-09-2020, 06:33 PM
Hearts are hardly transforming a relegated overpaid squad with the addition of some fringe players.

Dunfermline investment might give them a huge fright especially given shortened league season. Dundee going after Charlie Adam as well so let’s see how much of a stroll this season is for the championship losers.

Bishop Hibee
01-09-2020, 06:36 PM
Anything that may stop Hertz coming back up is to be applauded.

MagicSwirlingShip
01-09-2020, 06:55 PM
Got alot of time for Dunfermline as a club. Some good friends support the Pars, and had some brilliant away days there over the years.

Good luck to them.

Billy Whizz
01-09-2020, 07:05 PM
Sounds great for Dunfermline and for Scottish football in general. A strong DAFC is good for the game.

The Germans are going to love Stephen’s Steak Bridies.

Think they will add a jumbo Frankfurt to the menu

jacomo
01-09-2020, 07:08 PM
Got alot of time for Dunfermline as a club. Some good friends support the Pars, and had some brilliant away days there over the years.

Good luck to them.

Would love to see them back in the top flight.

Billy Whizz
01-09-2020, 07:14 PM

Would love to see them back in the top flight.

It’s all about results on the park, but the likes of Dunfermline and Falkirk (I know loads on here here them), would add better crowds that a few others in the Premiership
They have no right to be in it, they need to earn it

brianmc
01-09-2020, 07:20 PM
I’ve a few friends who are Pars Supporters. Basically said they panicked and gave him a 2 year contact, when they thought he was joining Robbie at Dundee Utd
Seeming a good coach, but not a manager

Thanks for the insight(I don't know any pars fans). Though that suggests Crawford would be under pressure with or without the German investment?

Is It On....
01-09-2020, 07:24 PM
Hopefully it means they win the championship.

😂 👍

Sammy7nil
01-09-2020, 09:42 PM
Time will tell but investors with no connection to a club generally worry me and this is no different.
Dunfermline have a great asset in the form of a good size modern stadium and they will be giving these guys ownership of 75% of it all.

The good news for their fans is that if the investment is significant the coast will be clear to get themselves back into the SPFL once Hearts depart the 2nd tier, so in the short term it should work for them.

But
the club, it's assets and it's destiny are no longer in their hands

You mean like Ron ?

bigwheel
01-09-2020, 09:47 PM
There was a very wealthy American looking at scottish football clubs over the past few years. Dunfermline was one, Falkirk was another...they got into due diligence on the Pars but didn’t like something in the financials and walked away. This crowd musn’t have been spooked by it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2020, 09:51 PM
I’m not sure but wasnt hearts meant to be the first fan owned club in the whole entire world yet still don’t own theirs but Motherwell and Dunfermline do and I think Morton.

st.mirren will become fan owned in 2021, five years before intended but even if it was another five years they would still be fan owned before the grunts

CMurdoch
02-09-2020, 02:56 PM
You mean like Ron ?

I do.

I can see no reason for him to be here other than to make money.
I should say I see him as a decent spud i.e. not an asset stripper type, but it is still just another business deal for him where he will expect to walk away on his 70th birthday with a nice wedge for his trouble.
The pandemic has put a spaniard in the works but he will have been relieved/amazed to see the high number of Hibs supporters who still put their hard earned in for little return.
All he has to do is keep control of outgoings and he can't fail.

Peevemor
02-09-2020, 02:59 PM
I do.

I should say I see him as a decent spud i.e. not an asset stripper type, but it is still just another business deal for him where he will expect to walk away in 5 years time with a nice wedge for his trouble.
The pandemic has put a spaniard in the works but he will relieved/amazed to see that Hibs supporters are still putting their hard earned in for little return.

First the Germans ...

I hope you're right about Ron. If he turns out to be wee Fergus mkII then that'll be fine by me.

CMurdoch
02-09-2020, 03:06 PM
First the Germans ...

I hope you're right about Ron. If he turns out to be wee Fergus mkII then that'll be fine by me.

Yeah, I think there is a bit of the Fergus about him. Less audacious and on a smaller scale but thinks there is money to be made at Hibs.
P.S. "A Spaniard In The Works" was a John Lennon book released in the mid 60's and the title has always stuck in my head and been used when the opportunity arises.

Billy Whizz
09-09-2020, 04:20 PM
Investment into Falkirk now as well

Will be good to see financially strong Pars and Falkirk teams, back in the top flight
Will bring more away spectators to ER, than some of the teams in the top league

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54084530

Big_Franck
09-09-2020, 04:23 PM

Will be good to see financially strong Pars and Falkirk teams, back in the top flight

I agree about Dunfermline, Falkirk not so much. They are were they belong.

Heisenberg
09-09-2020, 04:26 PM
I do.

I should say I see him as a decent spud i.e. not an asset stripper type, but it is still just another business deal for him where he will expect to walk away on his 70th birthday with a nice wedge for his trouble.
The pandemic has put a spaniard in the works but he will have been relieved/amazed to see the high number of Hibs supporters who still put their hard earned in for little return.

If Ron thinks he’s going to make money out of owning a Scottish club of our size he’s in for a shock.

Billy Whizz
09-09-2020, 04:26 PM
I agree about Dunfermline, Falkirk not so much. They are were they belong.

A lot on here don’t seem to like Falkirk, I’d rather take an away trip to Falkirk, than say Hamilton etc

Smartie
09-09-2020, 04:32 PM
A lot on here don’t seem to like Falkirk, I’d rather take an away trip to Falkirk, than say Hamilton etc

We had a rivalry going with them when we were in the Championship which got a wee bit heated at times.

I have no problem with them, quite like them, one of my mates is a die hard fan.

There's a bit less to like about them with them being another new, out of town centre stadium club (as opposed to the old Brockville which was a magic away ground) but yes, I prefer them to Hamilton etc and don't bear them any particular ill will when they're not scoring last minute sucker punch goals against us.

Since452
09-09-2020, 04:45 PM
A wee rivalry with Falkirk shows exactly where we were as a club

whiskyhibby
09-09-2020, 05:45 PM

Agree we need the strongest teams in terms of support in the top league