PDA

View Full Version : Nisbet injury

Stuart93
31-08-2020, 09:55 PM
Anyone know how bad his injury is and when he’s due back?

Ronniekirk
31-08-2020, 09:59 PM
Anyone know how bad his injury is and when he’s due back?

Ross said he was hopeful he will be back in contention after the break unless he breaks down in training again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart93
31-08-2020, 10:05 PM
Ross said he was hopeful he will be back in contention after the break unless he breaks down in training again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed.

Wilson
31-08-2020, 10:06 PM
Fingers crossed.

Shouldn't stop him kicking a football.

Joe6-2
31-08-2020, 10:42 PM

😂😂😂

jonny
31-08-2020, 11:02 PM
He was on the Hibspass TV on Sunday along with Rob Jones and said he'd be fit for the St Mirren game.

CmoantheHibs
01-09-2020, 07:05 AM

:faf:

Since452
01-09-2020, 07:07 AM
Think he was left out on Sunday as a precaution. He'll be back for St Mirren

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-09-2020, 09:10 AM
With Nisbet in the team, I get the impresssion that something will happpen , rightly or wrongly. Never got that feeling on Sunday. Hopefully going fowards, the fixed parts of the team are two up front and then change the rest as it suits.

Sean1875
01-09-2020, 09:16 AM
2 goals in our last 4 games (with one of them being a penalty) shows how much we really need Nisbet back and playing with 2 strikers up top.

Stuart93
01-09-2020, 09:17 AM

Hahaha.

Gid

Steve20
01-09-2020, 11:04 AM
There's people who don't think we need to bring in another forward. One goes down injured and we have to go to one up top and look so powder puff.

A striker should be the next priority, after another midfielder.

greenlex
01-09-2020, 06:37 PM
There's people who don't think we need to bring in another forward. One goes down injured and we have to go to one up top and look so powder puff.

We don’t have to go one up top. Boyle or Gullan could partner Doidge if required.

The 90+2
01-09-2020, 06:38 PM
We don’t have to go one up top. Boyle or Gullan could partner Doidge if required.

Neither have shown to be good enough long term.

greenlex
01-09-2020, 06:47 PM
Gullane never really had a run so we don’t know. You seriously saying Boyle isn’t good enough through the middle? He’s played there in games and been effective.
my point is we don’t have rush out and spend cash in a replacement just in case. There’s a January window for that if required.

The 90+2
01-09-2020, 06:53 PM
Gullane never really had a run so we don’t know. You seriously saying Boyle isn’t good enough through the middle? He’s played there in games and been effective.
my point is we don’t have rush out and spend cash in a replacement just in case. There’s a January window for that if required.

If both where as good as proposed we wouldn’t be playing one up top with Hanlon floating everything diagonal. I would like Gullan to get a run but if he’s not, as it looks like, we need another.

jacomo
01-09-2020, 08:24 PM

I’m constantly impressed by how we back our young players at this club.

:rolleyes:

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2020, 08:32 PM
I don’t think Gullan has had a fair chance yet

I would like to see him played up front beside Doidge to show us what he can do feeding off Doidge’s flicks and knock downs not playing out on the left wing acting as an auxiliary wing back???

Seem to remember Olly getting punted out to the left wing and then Flo

The Hammer is the Hammer and should be a straight swap for Nisbet

Gullan might be the better player he scored 9 from 18 in half a season at Raith Rovers 2019/20

Who knows?

Just glad to have both at HIBS

Big_Franck
01-09-2020, 09:00 PM
I’m constantly impressed by how we back our young players at this club.

:rolleyes:

It's nonsense isn't it? Gullan has looked quite good in the wee bits I've seen of him. There's something about his game that I like. He seems a confident lad, strong but reasonably quick and a decent finisher. I think he'll kick on and do well this year.

offshorehibby
01-09-2020, 09:31 PM
I don’t think Gullan has had a fair chance yet

I would like to see him played up front beside Doidge to show us what he can do feeding off Doidge’s flicks and knock downs not playing out on the left wing acting as an auxiliary wing back???

Seem to remember Olly getting punted out to the left wing and then Flo

The Hammer is the Hammer and should be a straight swap for Nisbet

With Nisbet being injured i've been looking for Gullan to come in and play alongside Doidge. Gullan i'm sure also played along side Nisbet at Raith.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2020, 09:35 PM
With Nisbet being injured i've been looking for Gullan to come in and play alongside Doidge. Gullan i'm sure also played along side Nisbet at Raith.

Which is why it is preposterous to say he is not good enough long term???

Jeezo!

sarfoftheborder
01-09-2020, 10:01 PM
From what I have seen of him, and from reports of his performances in the Development squad matches last season, I thought Jamie Gullan was an ideal back up, third choice striker, and as such would have been the obvious replacement for Kevin. But Jack in his post-match interview on Sunday said that Jamie was not an out and out striker, preferring to come in off the wing. This surprised me but would explain why Jamie did not start. Opinions on Martin Boyle vary but wonderful though he is when on song he is not an out and out striker in my opinion. So where does this leave us? Two up top is clearly our preferred formation as we have spent good money on Christian and Kevin, but we don't have a backup if either is injured. As has been the case. We definitely need a third out and out striker, and in normal circumstances I would argue for a fourth one as well. However nothing is normal and a smaller squad with players covering multiple roles is what has been decided. Good news that Kevin is likely to be back for the St Mirren match.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2020, 10:46 PM
From what I have seen of him, and from reports of his performances in the Development squad matches last season, I thought Jamie Gullan was an ideal back up, third choice striker, and as such would have been the obvious replacement for Kevin. But Jack in his post-match interview on Sunday said that Jamie was not an out and out striker, preferring to come in off the wing. This surprised me but would explain why Jamie did not start. Opinions on Martin Boyle vary but wonderful though he is when on song he is not an out and out striker in my opinion. So where does this leave us? Two up top is clearly our preferred formation as we have spent good money on Christian and Kevin, but we don't have a backup if either is injured. As has been the case. We definitely need a third out and out striker, and in normal circumstances I would argue for a fourth one as well. However nothing is normal and a smaller squad with players covering multiple roles is what has been decided. Good news that Kevin is likely to be back for the St Mirren match.
Good post!

Interesting comment from JR re Jamie Gullan likes coming in from the left

Here’s me thinking Gullan was stuck out there to stop Matt Kennedy ripping it up down our left tae? :greengrin

I still think Gullan has the strength pace power and self confidence to make it as a viable striking option for us he only needs a chance to prove it

JimBHibees
02-09-2020, 05:59 AM
It's nonsense isn't it? Gullan has looked quite good in the wee bits I've seen of him. There's something about his game that I like. He seems a confident lad, strong but reasonably quick and a decent finisher. I think he'll kick on and do well this year.

Thought Gullan looked quite good when he came on. Think he should have got longer.

MrRobot
02-09-2020, 09:22 AM

Gullan? You surely can’t be serious, young and barely had a chance yet.

Boyle plays some of his best football as a second striker IMO, his finishing has improved massively and his ball control is really good. Often think him playing the role behind the strikers could work.

EI255
05-09-2020, 11:56 AM
Thought Gullan looked quite good when he came on. Think he should have got longer.So did I!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

tamig
05-09-2020, 12:06 PM

Its been the same the last few seasons - one of our main strikers becomes unavailable and the whole shape of the team goes haywire. Unproven and makeshift replacements aren’t the answer. We should always have a proven third striker ready to step in when required.

CmoantheHibs
05-09-2020, 12:10 PM

This is where I’m at with Gullah. Hasn’t had any kind of run in the team but the small cameos he has had he has shown up well. Seems to find space and takes up great positions. Would be interesting to see how he got on with a good run in the team. Like yourself I think he would shine.