PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

Just_Jimmy
31-08-2020, 12:48 PM
We lost 1-0 to a stupid mistake of a penalty.

We didn't play well. Yet we created 3/4 good chances before they scored. They didn't trouble us that much really, rocky made 1 really good save.

Yet here we have so many ready to declare us awful and that the season is over. In reality as much as I hate them, Aberdeen have had every year since around 2013 in the top 4. They're backed by a benefactor. Their fans throw money at the club AberDNA thing.

The fact is we're actually not that far behind them. We need another centre mid, probably two in all honesty. We could do with another centre back as cover. Doig has helped massively to fill the Lb spot. We need a back up for rocky and we probably need another striker.

The football isn't the best but we've been getting results. I'm gutted we lost but really, I'd take a tilt at top 4 this year and be happy to make top 6.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

hibIBZ
31-08-2020, 01:07 PM
I think we were poor, especially in the midfield.

Defence deserve the plaudits as agin they were solid and if it wasn't for a bad mistake it may of finished 0-0.

I thought both teams struggled to create much with both keepers not having huge amounts to do.

Performance was very poor though, lacking a spark and energy. Multiple mis-controls, gave away the ball a lot and generally looked like not having much idea how to break them down

Cat Stanton
31-08-2020, 06:38 PM
Yes, we definitely need some more perspective (threads).

Just_Jimmy
31-08-2020, 06:47 PM
Yes, we definitely need some more perspective (threads).I didn't see it when I started it.

Thanks for your valued contribution though.

Admin can we just merge the two threads?

Cat Stanton
01-09-2020, 02:30 PM
I didn't see it when I started it.

Thanks for your valued contribution though.

Admin can we just merge the two threads?

Just an attempt at light-hearted humour. Apologies if it annoyed you.

Tambo
01-09-2020, 02:45 PM
Very obvious even with gogic we need some energy in the midfield, painful to see either mallan, allan or Hallberg even attempted to put a foot in and tackle.

lord bunberry
01-09-2020, 02:59 PM
Very obvious even with gogic we need some energy in the midfield, painful to see either mallan, allan or Hallberg even attempted to put a foot in and tackle.
I’ve always thought that Stevenson could do a job as a defensive midfielder, he’s a good tackler and has plenty energy.

kiwihibby
02-09-2020, 06:31 AM
I’ve always thought that Stevenson could do a job as a defensive midfielder, he’s a good tackler and has plenty energy.

I thoroughly agree with you. Would definitely be better than what we have there at the moment. And he can tackle too!!!

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2020, 06:41 AM

I dont think it is their inability to put a tackle in, it's their inability to take the ball in, drive forward and create for others or even themselves by getting a shot away.

Cue Mallan doing just that 12 months ago.:rolleyes:

It's clear none of them middle 3 apart from a very out of form Allan can regularly do this, and against the better teams with this 3 we will generally struggle.

Since90+2
02-09-2020, 07:06 AM
It might not be a popular opinion but I think Doig has struggled at times. I don't think he has been terrible but some of the words used to describe his start to season by some pundits have been way over the top.

He's done ok for me nothing more than that.

EVENTUALLY
02-09-2020, 08:09 AM
I thoroughly agree with you. Would definitely be better than what we have there at the moment. And he can tackle too!!!

It's not so long ago that Lewis played on the left hand side of a back 3 in a winning side at Ibrox. He is a very good tackler, efficient passer and has improved in confidence since he occupied a midfield role earlier in his career. He wouldn't have to hit any wide crosses either which has been his achilleas as a full back. He lacks height but not ability to oust Newall and Hallberg.

jacomo
02-09-2020, 08:16 AM
I think we were poor, especially in the midfield.

Defence deserve the plaudits as agin they were solid and if it wasn't for a bad mistake it may of finished 0-0.

I thought both teams struggled to create much with both keepers not having huge amounts to do.

Performance was very poor though, lacking a spark and energy. Multiple mis-controls, gave away the ball a lot and generally looked like not having much idea how to break them down

All of this suggests that some of our players were out of form. This, plus missing Nisbet and Gogic, plus a silly mistake, leads to a 1-0 loss against a good team who have proved themselves as tough competitors season after season.

Disappointing, but hardly worthy of some of the ludicrous over reaction seen on here.