PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Semi Final Dates - 31 October / 1 November

Jamesie
31-08-2020, 10:27 AM
Anyone know when the SFA will announce which semi is on the Saturday and which is on the Sunday?

Nakedmanoncrack
31-08-2020, 12:41 PM
Anyone know when the SFA will announce which semi is on the Saturday and which is on the Sunday?

Been wondering same, don't see any reason for not telling us

danhibees1875
31-08-2020, 12:43 PM
Been wondering same, don't see any reason for not telling us

I wonder if they're still trying to negotiate for fans to be there and what that could mean for venue selection and waiting to announce all or nothing.

Or maybe they're just being slow and uninformative.

lord bunberry
31-08-2020, 12:46 PM
I wonder if they're still trying to negotiate for fans to be there and what that could mean for venue selection and waiting to announce all or nothing.

Or maybe they're just being slow and uninformative.
Waiting to see if fans are allowed will be the reason I would imagine. If the test events go well and fans are allowed in we will get the dates soon after.

Jamesie
31-08-2020, 04:50 PM
On the contrary, I wonder if nae fans means they could theoretically play both ties at Hampden on the same day (with changing areas, dugouts etc suitably sanitised).

Purple & Green
31-08-2020, 05:29 PM
Probably waiting to see how Europe panned out for Celtic and Aberdeen.

October 29th is Europa League round 2, so if Celtic or Aberdeen are in that they will definitely be the Sunday I would presume.

If Celtic had qualified for the Champions League groups, and Aberdeen had qualified for the Europa League groups then I suspect we could have had a major headache as there is another round of Champions League fixtures on 3/4 November.

Celtic have bailed out the SFA though.

Jamesie
31-08-2020, 09:17 PM
Probably waiting to see how Europe panned out for Celtic and Aberdeen.

October 29th is Europa League round 2, so if Celtic or Aberdeen are in that they will definitely be the Sunday I would presume.

If Celtic had qualified for the Champions League groups, and Aberdeen had qualified for the Europa League groups then I suspect we could have had a major headache as there is another round of Champions League fixtures on 3/4 November.

Celtic have bailed out the SFA though.

That’s a very good spot. They might just put us on the Saturday just to be on the safe side then.

Power
31-08-2020, 09:28 PM
Asked last week - nothing decided or pencilled in - hoping to find out some time in September.

Jamesie
01-09-2020, 07:12 AM
Asked last week - nothing decided or pencilled in - hoping to find out some time in September.

Good stuff - cheers for that KP!